Salted Chocolate Avocado Pudding Bowls

chocolateavocadomoussevegan-02562

With an almost bursting bladder and plenty of nervous anticipation, yesterday we headed off to our anatomy scan ultrasound appointment. I always find that I get anxious for pregnancy ultrasounds in general, but this one especially. I felt a knot in my stomach all morning long. It’s a fairly long ultrasound since they check all of baby’s various body parts while I sit there with 3 big glasses of water in my bladder, unable to see the screen, and worrying like I do. Still, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel for this appointment. It’s often when the sex of the baby can be found out; that’s if the parents want to and if the baby cooperates with the proper position! I tell you, we sure wanted to find out! Heck yes!!!

Much to my dismay, the technician informed me near the end of the scan that they have a new policy in place as of 2 months ago: the tech is no longer allowed to tell the parents the sex of the baby at the appointment—you have to wait to get the official report. I had no idea! Eric had come to the appointment especially for the reveal, just like the first time, and we were so excited for this day to finally arrive. Oddly enough, with our first pregnancy we didn’t have much luck finding out the sex either; Adriana was crossing her legs at the time. But since baby #2 was presumably in the perfect position, it was torturing us not being able to find out. The most important thing, though, was that the tech said everything looks good, and our cute little baby has a strong heartbeat and was wiggling all over the place! We are so very thankful for that.

Being the patient one that I am, I called my midwives’ office this morning (despite being told it would take 3 days for the report to arrive…hah), and was elated when they already had the report in their hands! I ran into the other room and told Eric the news, not able to contain my emotions in the slightest. I considered surprising him in some Pinterest-y kind of way, but let’s be real: there was no way I could not tell him immediately! (Secondly, Pinterest-style execution rarely happens in my world.) We’re planning on keeping the news a surprise for friends and family this time (mainly to torture the grandparents!), but time will tell if we can keep a secret that long. The sneaky questions are already coming in fast and furious from friends and family. I don’t know if I can hide this for 5 more months, especially in person. My poker face only functions about 1% of the time. It’s bad.

chocolateavocadomoussevegan-02571

Well, all of this excitement has made me hungry. For chocolate. Chocolate pudding. I can’t get it out of my head lately. If you’re looking for a last-minute, seriously easy treat for Mother’s Day this Sunday, look no further, my friends. Or maybe you simply need an excuse to whip up a decadent-tasting chocolate pudding. This one is a showstopper, but no one will know it’s as easy as throwing things into a food processor! If you want to get wild and crazy, you could even serve this as a part of a Mother’s Day brunch (and maybe layer it into cute parfait glasses). Chocolate and brunch…it should be a thing…it really should.

Avocado pudding is nothing new, of course, but until recently I had yet to nail a recipe for it that really knocked my socks off. (And Eric’s too.) And by knock my socks off, I mean that it has to make my eyes roll back in my head. Previous attempts have left me feeling a bit disappointed, like I was simply eating a healthy pudding that tasted like avocado and cocoa powder. There’s nothing wrong with healthy chocolate puddings (in fact, I have a no-added-sugar version on the blog!), but sometimes I want something that tastes like the real deal. This pudding is rich and decadent like a chocolate pudding should be, but still manages to pack in some nutrition from the avocado, almond butter, cocoa powder, and more. I’ll take it!

Since it’s quite rich, the suggested serving size is pretty light, so I’ve bulked up the bowls with plenty of fresh chopped berries, toasted nuts, and a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream. Not to mention, it’s almost too pretty to eat…almost. By the way, if you have our app this recipe is already in there! It’ll automatically download when you open the app.

chocolateavocadomoussevegan-02563

Salted Chocolate Avocado Pudding

Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no bake/raw, soy-free

By

5 from 6 reviews

This is my newest favourite chocolate avocado pudding! It's absolutely luxurious, rich, and decadent while packing in healthy fat from the avocado. I love serving this with Coconut Whipped Cream and fresh berries for a lovely spring or summer dessert. This is a small batch making just a few rich portions, so I recommend doubling it if you are serving 3 or more. Thanks to Gwyneth Paltrow's It's All Easy for inspiring this recipe.

Yield

• 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon (15 mL) natural smooth roasted almond butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
For serving:

Directions:

1. Add the avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, melted coconut oil, milk, almond butter, vanilla, and salt (start with 1/4 teaspoon) into a food processor. Process until super smooth, stopping to scrape down the side of the bowl as needed.
  2. Taste and adjust salt and sweetener, if desired.
  3. Spoon into an airtight container, cover, and chill for 1 to 2 hours, or simply enjoy immediately at room temperature.
  4. Portion into shallow bowls and top with Coconut Whipped Cream, fresh berries, and nuts.
  5. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. I prefer the flavour when enjoyed the same day, but it's still good the next day too!

Tips:

• * Make sure the avocado you use is ripe, but still fresh and without bruises. Bruises can result in a pudding that's bitter or off-tasting.
  • ** Brown rice syrup thickens this pudding while providing a light sweetness that pairs well with the maple.

chocolateavocadomoussevegan-02590

Last but not least, you’ve probably heard that Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow! If you’re looking for some recipes, you might want to check out my Ultimate Green Tacos, Next Level Vegan Enchiladas, DIY Burrito Bowl, and Crowd-Pleasing Tex-Mex Casserole (The Oh She Glows Cookbook, p. 149).

See you on Friday for Friday FAQs!

1 Bex May 4, 2016

The app is great by the way. Very professional looking and well thought out.

2 Cara's Healthy Cravings May 4, 2016

I am going to give this a try for sure. The last time I attempted chocolate avocado pudding, for Valentines Day, I sadly used some bruised avocados in the mix. So when my husband and I took our first bite we both started laughing because it just tasted awful! I was the first to admit it, so that he would not feel bad :)
I am up for giving it another try though, so thanks for sharing.

3 Laura ~ Raise Your Garden May 5, 2016

I’ve had to learn that lesson the hard way too…..”going cados” do not make good for any recipe! Yucky. Anyhow, I’m just learning about using avocados with chocolate for a creamy, healthier spin on dessert so I was super excited when you posted this! I guess I was too lazy to surf Pinterest (go figure).

Anyhow….shocked about the gender news and that change in policy! It always surprises when when someone says they do not want to know the gender of their baby. It’s like…tell me….tell me…..yesterday!!!

4 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Oh no! Haha. I hope you enjoy this version if you give it a try, Cara.

5 Natalie May 4, 2016

Eek! Congratulations on everything with the pregnancy- I don’t think I’d be able to keep the sex a secret. This recipe looks fab, my mum’s having a bit of a rough time at the moment, and she’s jumped onto the Avocado phase- So I think I’ll treat her to this x

6 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Aw, I’m sure your mom will appreciate it Natalie! You’re so sweet to think of her. I hope whatever rough patch she’s in starts looking up soon! <3

7 Liz May 4, 2016

We held off telling friends and family for our first baby. It was SO hard! Because my husband and I would use “she” and then somehow we were supposed to switch back to “he or she”. I definitely slipped up a few times, as did my husband. The cat was out of the bag by 7 months. Good luck keeping it a secret!

8 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Thanks for the luck, Liz! This could definitely get tricky, haha.

9 Kristen May 4, 2016

Angela, Thank you so much for the update! I am so like you..anxious will call before I’m told! Lol! We get it done! Congratulations! I have your app and it’s do amazing! But I read your blog all the time and look forward to your posts! Tonight was your brown rice mushrooms and gravy concoction! I’m not a mushroom girl but craved and loved it! We have your hidden greens choclate smoothie as our breakfast and it holds us 5 plus hours til lunch! And we wake up at 4:30 am (est in nj) , and lunch has been uyour glowing lentil soup! I portion out the soups of course and freeze. And I make up smoothie bags that are frozen. I put all ingredients in a zip lock including hemp seeds, cacao powder , spinach, banana, conammon, Camilla powder, dates and avocado freeze and in the am we dump the frozen smoothie bag into the vitamix with almond milk and we are set! We buy the avocados, dates, hemp, and bananas at Costco and I measure portion and freeze. The rest is gotten at trader joes and who,e foods! It’s beautiful easy and we thank you! We also love avocado toast too. But since it’s so early and to work if we plan and set up smoothie bags it’s blend and go nutrients! Thank you again so much! Kristen 😊

10 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

I’m so happy you’re enjoying my recipes and blog, Kristen! Your comment brought a huge smile to my face. Happy cooking!

11 Cassie Autumn Tran May 4, 2016

Now I’m hungry too, haha! This looks absolutely wonderful Angela :)

12 Nicole W May 4, 2016

What a secret to try to keep! And, what a fun way to torture friends and family!
In Burlington, the techs won’t tell you the gender ( or they wouldn’t back when I was pregnant) but my big sis has 3 sons of her own and correctly “read” my ultrasound pics and told me I was having a boy both times I was pregnant :)
On a show I watch, the couple decided to not tell anyone the gender…they managed it by just referring to the pregnancy as ” the baby” e.g. ” The baby is kicking a lot because the baby is always active at night and the baby has strong legs”…doesn’t work grammatically but worked to keep the secret!
What mom doesn’t love chocolate on Mother’s Day?! Great timing with this decadent recipe!

13 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

It’s definitely going to be tricky not to let it slip, that’s for sure! haha. And I’m super impressed with your sister’s skills – wow!

14 Laura May 9, 2016

This was absolutely wonderful! I couldn’t wait for it to chill- I had to dig in! Thanks for the great recipe! Love your site and cookbook!

15 Sharon May 4, 2016

Hi Angela,

This recipe looks yummy! I look forward to trying it.

I’ve tried a few of your recipes now and my teenage sons are fans of your avocado pasta sauce, veggie burgers, and favourite chili recipe. Makes it much easier to make lunches that happily feed all of us.

Quick question about the new book and your app (I just bought the app): Do you have any plans to provide nutrition info for your recipes? Also, do you have any plans to add a “search ingredient” feature to the app? (The reason I ask the 2nd question is because some recipes like Hidden Greens Chocolate Protein Shake call for just 1 tbsp of avocado, and it would be helpful for planning the week’s meals/groceries to pull up other recipes that could use the rest of that avocado). I know these questions are not pertinent to this salted chocolate recipe specifically, but I wasn’t sure where else on the website or app I could submit them).

Thanks for all your food creativity – you’re very talented and a welcome addition to our kitchen!

16 Angela Liddon May 13, 2016

Hi Sharon, I’m so happy to let you know that I’ll be providing the nutritional information for the recipes in my new book (the nutritional info will be found on my blog). Regarding the app, you can definitely search by ingredient. Simply tap the search icon (the magnifying glass) at the top of the app and when the search bar pops up, type the ingredient you’re looking for (such as “avocado”). All recipes including avocado will all pop up! It’s quite handy. (Just make sure that your previous search has been cleared.) I hope this helps and thank you so much for your support! Happy cooking!

17 Sharon May 14, 2016

Thanks for the reply! I don’t know how I missed that search ingredient option – it was right there in front of me now that you pointed it out. I am SO looking forward to your new cookbook.

On another different note, any plans for a sesame snaps recipe? If so, do you think it might work with Erythritol as a natural sweetener alternative to honey? I’ve been reading a lot of good things about Erythritol lately (here: nutritionfacts.org) and was just curious.

18 Jamie Pacheco May 4, 2016

I can’t wait to hear if your baby is a boy or girl!
When I saw this recipe on your snapchat, I was constantly checking the app and website for the recipe. The second it was posted on the app, I made it, and oh my it is amazing!! It’s my new favourite recipe and I’ve been sharing it with everyone.

19 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

I am so happy to hear it lived up to the anticipation, Jamie!

20 Ruth May 4, 2016

Yum, this looks great. It’s also lovely for you to share this fun in your family! I am glad you got to find out the baby gender, and best of luck keeping it under wraps. It CAN be done!

21 cecile May 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I am so happy that you still post a lot of your awesome recipes from the app to the blog because I don’t have an iPhone and I am so jealous of everyone else that can get them!! Thank you! Happy mothers day to you Angela, you are truly an inspiration!

22 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Aw, you’re too sweet–thanks so much for the kind words!

23 AGS May 7, 2016

I concur! I switched from iphone to moto x a little while ago. . . and while I love my new phone, I don’t even have the option to purchase your app. . . boo.

24 Sandi May 4, 2016

This looks almost identical to Gwyneth Paltrow’s recipe from her new cook book. I just tried it tonight and it was delicious.

25 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

I’m so happy to hear you liked it, Sandi! It was definitely inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow’s recipe, so huge shout out to her. :D

26 Cheese and Chinese May 5, 2016

These look so beautiful and sound so yummy!

27 Elizabeth Ballinger May 5, 2016

Thank you Angela, this looks divine. I love the little cook pot with the steam rising which indicates that a recipe is downloading on the App. Cute.

28 Gabriella May 5, 2016

These sound divine. Salt + avocado + chocolate = three of my mother’s favorite things. Sending to her immediately! I’m sure I’ll get a text shortly after with a photo of her testing out the recipe :)

29 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

You’re so sweet to forward the recipe to her! If she tries it out, I hope she loves it.

30 Diana May 5, 2016

In case anyone is interested I just did the nutrition facts for this one (one substitution:cashew butter instead of almond, I don’t care for the almond’s texture).

Calories 289.2
Total Fat 15.5 g
Saturated Fat 4.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6 g
Monounsaturated Fat 7.4 g
Cholesterol 1.0 mg
Sodium 121.0 mg
Potassium 370.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
Sugars 26.0 g
Protein 3.7 g

31 Ashleigh @ Betty Crocker's Daughter May 5, 2016

While the recipe looks great, and I will definitely add it to my list of things to make, I’m DYING TO KNOW the gender of your baby. I love your life updates, and I’m so excited for your new addition. Congratulations!

32 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Thank you, Ashleigh! :)

33 Abby @ Heart of a Baker May 5, 2016

ahh i’m so excited for you about the gender! I know that secrets are hard to keep, but that babe is going to be a perfect one regardless! I have to admit, I haven’t done the avocado pudding thing yet, but this is making me think I need to try it!

34 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Thanks for your sweet words, Abby! If you give the pudding a try, I hope you enjoy it. :)

35 Rachel May 5, 2016

Congratulations on your new baby! Also, this recipe looks delicious. I am sort of like you in regards to the avocado pudding just not quite cutting it. I always have too much of the avocado flavor coming through, not sure why. I am anxious to try this recipe to see if it is better because I love the idea of it!

36 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Hopefully it does the trick for you too, Rachel!

37 Julie May 5, 2016

When my best friend was pregnant, she wanted to know the sex, but her husband didn’t so they agreed that she could find out if she promised not to let it slip to anyone. Well, she couldn’t stand it so she told me & swore me to secrecy! (I live in a different state & thus never see her hubby so she felt pretty safe in telling me.) To this day, I don’t think anyone is the wiser that I knew… and her daughter is 10! :)

38 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Aw, your friend’s so lucky she had such an excellent secret-keeper to share the news with, Julie! :)

39 Michelle May 5, 2016

Hi there!
I’m in love with your Instant Chocolate Chia Pudding and was excited to try your new recipe. Unfortunately, I can’t find brown rice syrup. Do you have any suggestions for a substitution?

40 Angela Liddon May 13, 2016

Hi Michelle, I haven’t tried the recipe with a substitution yet, so I’m really not sure! Since the brown rice syrup works to thicken the pudding, another thick liquid sweetener with a similar consistency, like honey or agave, might work–though it will pair a little differently with the maple flavouring. Alternately, it might work with 6 tbsp of maple syrup too, in a pinch. If you experiment, please let me know how it goes! I’d love to hear back.

41 Liz Ricci May 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This.was.fabulous! I was so happy about it that I ate it all immediately. I didn’t have any rice syrup, so I used molasses and added some of the coconut water from the coconut cream can and a couple pieces of frozen bananas to mellow out the stronger molasses flavor. It worked! Thank you, Angela! It takes lots of time to get these posts written and online, and I really appreciate it.

I don’t have an iPhone either, but maybe I’ll get one next, just for the app (:

Extra wishes of warmth and light to you and your family during your pregnancy!

42 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

Thank you so much for the warm wishes, Liz! I’m really happy to hear you enjoyed the pudding, substitutions and all. :) I’m curious about the molasses now!

43 Kari May 5, 2016

This looks so wonderfully satisfying and healthy at the same time!
Kari

44 Anna Lee May 5, 2016

That’s so exciting! But frustrating that you couldn’t find out the day of your appointment. I would’ve been on pins and needles until they told me!
As for the recipe, I’ve actually been craving pudding lately, and I’ve never been a big fan of it. But I can’t wait to try this! Chocolate pudding with coconut cream, my mouth is watering already.

45 Angela Liddon May 5, 2016

I’d love to hear how you like it when you give it a try, Anna Lee. Hopefully it’ll be a winner!

46 Suzanne May 6, 2016

Oh – you are torturing us with holding back on the gender of your baby!! I cannot imagine how tough this is for the grandparents!!! SO happy for you though that things are going well and baby is healthy and thriving in there :)

This recipe looks AMAZING!!! I will be making this over the weekend – just deciding if I should make it for dessert….or as a treat with our Mother’s Day brunch…my boyz would be thrilled by that! Thanks for sharing Angela…Hope your Mother’s Day is sweet and special :)

47 Angela Liddon May 6, 2016

Hey Suzanne, Yes, it is pretty cruel, isn’t it!? I have my doubts as to whether we’ll be able to keep it a secret for 5 more months! I hope you enjoy the pudding! I’ll be making it once if not twice this weekend. ;) Happy Mother’s Day!

48 Margarita May 6, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This looks so delicious! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

49 Anna May 6, 2016

I’m really surprised to read that they wouldn’t tell you the gender. I’m nearly 25 weeks and we found out at 19 weeks and a half and the tech told us. Nobody gave me the impression that they’re not supposed to tell. That would take away from the special moment. I don’t get it. I’m also in the GTA so it’s weird to hear !

50 Angela Liddon May 6, 2016

I was pretty shocked, too! I don’t know if it’s just this particular ultrasound clinic’s new policy or beyond (I didn’t ask), but yea it was a definite mood kill. Lol. I’m going to ask my midwife when I see her next.

51 AGS May 7, 2016

This is a policy determined by each practice.

52 Amy May 6, 2016

Q about Brown Rice Syrup! I have it in powdered form in a bottle.
Do your recipes use it in LIQUID form, or not? Reason being is that the bottle gives me NO DIRECTIONS about adding it to water for use! Yet, other recipes I’ve tried before call for it in a LIQUID form (ie: 50mL). I’d love any help with this. Thank you! And congrats on your baby upcoming. About baby gender – even 10 years + ago here in BC it was a big thing because of certain ethnical religious beliefs mothers were going to have abortions when they discovered they were pregnant with girls. To this day some places still are adamant about not telling… but other places are different (ie: Whitehorse’s hospital)

53 Elana May 7, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed this recipe – so decadent, creamy and chocolatey! And super-easy to make! This will be a new favorite in my dessert recipes. Big thank you for posting this one :)

54 Rebecca May 7, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This recipe was amazing! I stunned my hubby when he found out avocado was in it!

55 Caitlin May 8, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just made this and it’s fantastic! I was expecting it to be delicious and it exceeded my expectations! I didn’t have brown rice syrup, so I used honey and it worked well. Thank you for the recipe!

56 Angela Liddon May 9, 2016

I’m glad it worked out well the honey substitution, Caitlin!

57 Kimberly May 10, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I just made this and it is by far the best avocado pudding I’ve ever tried, and I have tried lots. Thank you for the great recipe, and I am also going to buy GP’s new book – I have her other two and love them both. Congrats on the baby news, hope you are feeling great!

58 Tract May 11, 2016

Yes please! Can’t wait to try this! Thanks for the post!

59 Alisa May 12, 2016

I can’t wait to try this! Thanks for the recipe. It’s look very light and delicious may be. Can I use only whipped cream in replace of coconut whipped cream and olive oil in replace of coconut oil?

Thanks again for the mouthwatering recipe.

60 Anne-Sophie Cusson May 12, 2016

Hey! I have a question! I think I’ve read that you have IBS… Do you have any recommendation on how to deal with it? Does eating higher carb/lower fat helps? Or eating a bit more raw food? I kind of want to try but I’m just a biiiiiiit addicted to my maple peanut butter so I don’t know if it’s worth trying or not… Any recommendations?
Thanks!!!

61 Margarita May 12, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This looks so delicious!! Thanks for sharing!

62 Teresa May 13, 2016

I would love to make this today but I don’t have any brown rice syrup. Any possible substitutions? Thanks

63 Angela Liddon May 13, 2016

Hi Teresa, I haven’t tried the recipe with a swap yet, so I’m not sure! Since the brown rice syrup works to thicken the pudding, another thick liquid sweetener with a similar consistency, like honey or agave, might work (but will pair a little differently with the maple flavouring). If you’re in a pinch, you could probably also just use 6 tbsp maple syrup. If you give something a try, please let me know how it goes! I’d love to hear back.

64 Emily May 15, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This will be my fifth time making this recipe so clearly I can’t get enough of it! So rich and creamy and beyond easy to make. The perfect treat! Your recipes are the best Angela!

65 Rachelle May 15, 2016

Are you thinking of releasing your app for those of us with out iphones?

66 Angela Liddon May 19, 2016

Hi Rachelle, we would love to be able to expand to other devices in the future, if budget allows. All our fingers and toes are crossed that it’s something we can explore!

67 Shawna May 16, 2016

In case anyone out there has a nut allergy: I made this last night but used coconut milk instead of almond milk and sunbutter instead of peanut butter and it was divine!

68 Angela Liddon May 19, 2016

That’s great to hear, Shawna! Thanks so much for sharing.

69 Carrie May 23, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is so freakin yummy! As promised, it is not another avocado pudding recipe that taste like cocoa trying hard to mask the avocado flavor. It is super creamy and shiny (which matters for some reason:) Very decadent and integrated flavors. I used honey as suggested by another reader and it worked just fine instead of the brown rice syrup.I love this recipe.

70 Angela Liddon May 24, 2016

Hi Carrie, it’s so great to hear the recipe was a hit! Thanks for the lovely comment.

71 Susan Lubinski June 2, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Thanks a million for this yummy recipe! I just made it yesterday and I can’t believe how simple it was to make! I actually put all the ingredients in my Ninja single serve container and it worked perfectly. More importantly, the flavor was out of this world!!! I’ve tried many recipes for vegan avocado pudding that were bland and tasteless, but this one… let’s just say I’m going to the store for more avocados and I wish I could rate it beyond 5 stars.

72 Angela Liddon June 2, 2016

Thanks for the lovely comment Susan! I’m so happy you’re loving the recipe. :)

73 Melody Baker June 4, 2016

This looks great, how about cacao powder instead of cocoa for an even healthier option? Are cacao and cocoa powder always interchangeable?

74 Kathy June 6, 2016
Recipe Rating:

O–M–G!!!!!!!! You should win some kind of humanitarian award for this recipe!! It is healthy-snack-Nirvana. Such a creamy, wonderful texture and “mouth feel”. Healthy fat, blood sugar satisfying, wow. Thank you!

75 Angela Liddon June 8, 2016

Haha this is such a fantastic comment! I’m so glad the recipe was such a hit, Kathy. :)

76 ChristineinMass June 10, 2016

I am definitely going to try this, as the raw chocolate pudding is a favorite of mine. It is seriously my all-time favorite sweet treat!

77 Alexis June 15, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Hi Angela! I started the shift toward a vegan diet almost a year ago and have been loving your blog for meal inspirations and recipes! I have your app and also your cookbook and have to say that I have never made one of your recipes that did not turn out fantastic. The rest of my family is not vegan at all and they also love every recipe of yours that I have made. I love making your dishes and sharing them with other people to show that a vegan diet can be delicious and satisfying. I have made this avocado pudding bowl three or four times now and absolutely love it! My most recent time making this recipe I whipped up some coconut whipped cream and mixed it with the pudding and it turned out as a chocolate mousse. I would definitely recommend this method as it worked very well. Thanks for doing what you do, I really look up to you!

78 JJ August 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I am now and forever calling this, “Oh My Dear God In Heaven” pudding.

79 Angela Liddon August 4, 2016

Haha, sounds like it was a hit, then! :) So glad to hear it!

80 Caroline October 13, 2016

I am making this tonight for dessert, I love how simple yet beautiful this recipe is! Thank you for sharing Angela!

81 Angela Liddon October 13, 2016

I hope you enjoy it, Caroline!

82 Angie Wood November 29, 2016

My son is allergic to nuts. Would it be ok to sub the almond milk with oat milk?