My Favourite Hot Detox Tonic

detoxtonic-3385

I’m feeling particularly nostalgic at the end of this year, mainly because it was our first full year of parenting. This year Adriana blossomed from a 3 month old baby in January into a 15 month old hilarious, chatty, and very strong-willed toddler by December. The change!!! We witnessed first words, first crawls, first teeth, and first steps in 2015. My iphone filled capacity countless times (breathe…), but I still worried that I wasn’t capturing enough. The sheer amount of development, growth, and experiences that we’ve shared together in 2015 are enough to make my eyes well up with tears. Even though I know there were tough times in every area of life, right now I’m reflecting through rose coloured glasses. I hope the memories will stay a part of me in one way or another, even if I wasn’t so great at documenting everything like I did in the early months.

Like every year, I consumed more than my fair share of treats this month. After we got home from visiting family, I found myself at the grocery store stuffing my cart with produce galore and planning homemade plant-heavy meals in an effort to bring back the balance. The great thing about plant-based eating is that it only takes a day or two to get back on track and feel energized once again. I’m not someone who shuns sweets entirely at the start of a year (I love my dark chocolate way too much), but instead prefer to focus on what I’m adding to my diet. Celebrate that stuff!

I love, love, love experimenting with homemade hot tonics, and I’ve been tweaking my favourite concoctions for a few years now. I know anything detox is so cliche this time of the year, but this drink really does make me feel amazing after weeks of indulgences so I don’t even care. In the past, I’ve often used fresh turmeric, fresh ginger, cayenne, and sliced lemon (see my “Healing rooibos tea” on page 69 of The Oh She Glows Cookbook), which is awesome, but it requires a trip to the grocery store, and finding fresh turmeric can be hit or miss. Recipes need to be accessible so I came up with this delicious “pantry” version for those times when I want it now. It’s fast, there’s no grating/peeling involved (unless you opt for the fresh ginger version), and you can keep the ingredients on hand in your pantry (aside from the lemon, but I usually have those miracle workers on hand!) to enjoy any time the craving strikes. Yes, you will crave this drink…it’s that good. I know this is going to be my reset button drink all winter long.

detoxteatonic

Hot Detox Tonic

Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, oil-free, soy-free

By

4.8 from 31 reviews

Get ready to feel warm, energized, and ready to tackle the day! This is my new go-to hot beverage of choice when I want to hit the reset button, amp up my metabolism, and boost circulation. It comes together fast with ingredients that I tend to keep on hand. I love to drink this throughout the day, but it’s especially effective when consumed on an empty stomach after waking. I use a ginger tea bag for a quick option, but I provide a fresh ginger option below too. Also, if you ever have some kicking around, fresh mint is an invigorating, tummy-soothing addition.

Yield
2 cups
Soak time
7-8 minutes
Prep Time
Cook time
0 Minutes
Total Time

Ingredients:

• 1 ginger tea bag or 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger*
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • Few dashes cinnamon, to taste**
  • Few dashes ground turmeric, to taste
  • Few dashes cayenne pepper, to taste (use less if you don’t like heat)
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 small lemon slice
  • Pure maple syrup, to taste (I use 1 teaspoon)

Directions:

1. Grab an extra large mug or a small teapot (3-cup capacity). Place ginger tea bag inside.
  2. Boil 2 cups of water and pour all the water into the mug/teapot. Cover and steep the ginger tea for 7 to 8 minutes.
  3. Remove tea bag. Set aside the tea bag to cool. Once the tea bag has cooled a bit you can gently squeeze it into the pot to infuse the tea with even more ginger flavour.
  4. Add the cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne. Whisk until combined.
  5. Add the vinegar and drop in the lemon wedge. Whisk to infuse the lemon.
  6. Add maple syrup to taste, and whisk to combine.
  7. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Tips:

• * For the fresh ginger version: Pop the fresh grated ginger into a tea ball or mesh tea steeper, and steep tea for about 6 to 7 minutes. Proceed as usual.
  • ** The spices tend to settle at the bottom of the mug/pot. Simply whisk it now and then to redistribute.

detoxtonic-3375

I’d like to wish you all a New Year filled with happiness, health, love, and your wildest dreams becoming reality! Thank you for all your support, comments, love, and encouragement in 2015. I can’t wait to share the fun things we have coming up in 2016.

Angela

1 Brittney December 30, 2015

This looks deliciously warm! Can’t wait to try it out!!
-Brittney

2 Lynn (Heavenlynn Healthy) December 30, 2015

Hi Angela,
I love hot tonics especially during this cold time of the year. In fact I am struggling with a sore throat at the moment and as I am writing this I am drinking a mixture of ginger and turmeric tea, but your recipe sounds like it will leave me feeling better in no time. Thank you for the recipe Angela, and have a great start into the new year. I look forward to following your exciting journey in 2016.
All the best,
Lynn

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2015

I hope you feel better soon Lynn! All the best in 2016 and thanks for your kind words. I hope you enjoy the recipe!

4 mia d December 30, 2015

Can’t wait to try this!!! Love your glassware :) Where do you get those cute glasses/tea pot? Best to you in 2016! ~mia

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2015

Thanks Mia! The glass is from Crate and Barrel :)
The teapot was a gift years ago from my bestie so I’m not sure where it’s from but the brand is “teaposy” Hope this helps!

6 Hillary December 30, 2015

I actually had the same question about the teapot! So cute!

7 Laura @ RYG December 31, 2015

Thanks for asking the exact question I was thinking too! I will going online to Crate and Barrel. So cute! I love anything with the word Detox in it that will brighten my mood, energize me and generally “get me through” but it’s interesting that you drink this tea on an empty stomach. Not to get all graphic on you, but anytime I drink tea on an empty stomach, well, let’s just say the stomach flu sets in. Yet I’m not sick. I hope I’m not sacrificing any health benefits by eating with this tea. Was really excited about the mint too ~ it’s an intrusive plant and has taken over my side yard!!~ I have literally buckets full. If anyone wants any, pop over or send me your address for shipping purposes hehe =) I hate to see waste =)

8 Ruby January 7, 2016

Laura, I don’t think you are sacrificing any health benefits from drinking this tea with a meal vs. on an empty stomach. In fact, ginger and cayenne pepper are excellent digestive stimulants so you are actually assisting your digestive system by drinking this with your food. (Ginger and cayenne stimulate digestive circulation and turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, along with many other health positives.) I have studied naturopathic nutrition and have recently received my certification; these are all excellent health-boosting ingredients to consume. I am so pleased to see so many great recipes on this site that incorporate the use of whole foods and natural spices and herbs!
I can’t wait to try this tonic! Thanks Angela!

As for the mint… that is best contained in a pot on a sunny patio; they are very intrusive, as you know. Basil has a tendency to do the same thing ;)

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 10, 2016

Hi Ruby,

Thanks so much, I appreciate you weighing in.

10 tianna December 30, 2015
Recipe Rating:

thanks for sharing this! Definitely going to try it out! pinned :)

stop by and chat with me ♥ http://storybookapothecary.com

11 Heidi December 30, 2015

What ever happened to your tea shoppe?

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2015

Hi Heidi, We decided to focus on other business endeavours for 2016 and are not running it currently. I’m sorry for any inconvenience!

13 Grace December 30, 2015

Sounds great! I often do fresh ginger, apple cider vinegar, and lemon, so now I’m excited to try it with these spices. Hope you’re having a great holiday season. Happy New Year!

14 Emilie @ Emilie Eats December 30, 2015

This looks so refreshing! I want to go make a big pot right now – thanks for using normal, household ingredients! I loved using your cookbook this year and I can’t wait to see everything you’ll do in 2016!

15 Chelsea December 30, 2015

This looks very comforting right now. Did you drink this when you were pregnant? I’m 22 weeks pregnant, and although I wouldn’t expect you to say definitively whether pregnant ladies can drink this or not, I’m just curious if you used it during pregnancy too.

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2015

Congrats on your pregnancy Chelsea!
I didn’t drink this specific drink while pregnant. I would check with your obgyn to be sure!

17 Stephanie December 30, 2015

I wish I had everything with me right now at work so that I could make this! Looks amazing!! Will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow (or both!) to try it out :)

Also, I have a 2 year old son (about 11 months older than your little girl), and the changes don’t stop! It’s incredible the rate which they develop and grow. This past year with him, from 14 months to now 26 months, has been SO fun! And don’t worry, you will keep those memories of the first year+ forever; more memories will just pile up on them!

18 Cassie December 30, 2015

We have a 16 week old, and I know what you mean! It has been a whirlwind! And full of indulgences. I can’t wait to give this tea a try!

19 Eric December 30, 2015

It’s been an exciting year indeed! Love the pictures, and happy holidays to everyone!

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2015

The photography would be nothing without your hand modeling :p

21 Katie December 30, 2015

This tea looks so good! What are your thoughts on drinking ACV or the Traditional Medicinals Ginger tea while breastfeeding? Thanks–I aways appreciate your insight.

22 Liz December 30, 2015

Angela, would this work with some ginger lemon teabags? I have some in my cupboard from when I was pregnant, but don’t love it just to sip on (I’ve got heaps of green tea and mother’s milk tea for that :) ). However I would drink it if it was first thing in the morning and combined with the other ingredients. A nice change from my hot lemon water.

23 Nicole W December 30, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Phew! I can definitely use a detox…I was ill over Christmas and my tummy needed some TLC. I used fresh gibger…wow…what a zinger! I love the cookbook recipe, too, and can reliably find fresh turmeric at Goodbness Me, luckily.
Thank you for this pre-New Year celebrating detox!
I love the teapot, too…your “bestie” has terrific taste!

24 Nicole W December 31, 2015

*ginger :)

25 shan December 31, 2015

This tonic looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it. I always have a stash of fresh turmeric and ginger in the freezer.

Happy New Year!

26 Kathy January 1, 2016

I didn’t know you could freeze ginger and turmeric! Thanks for the tip!

27 Carolyn January 21, 2016

FYI – You can also freeze citrus whole, and then grate the peels as needed. So handy!

28 sia December 31, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I think I am going to swear by this ‘one drink!’ It has everything required to detoxify your body. also I feel the hunger cravings reduced, maybe because of cinnamon. Thanks for sharing. love from http://www.wintersnuggle.com http://goo.gl/I0qjVt

29 Sara December 31, 2015

Hey Angela,
I wonder if there are any plans for a Dutch translation of your cookbook?
Have a wonderfull New Year!

Sara

30 Kristi December 31, 2015

Hey Angela,
I can’t wait to make this. Also, please tell me where I can find that beautiful teapot and cup…I love it!!

Thanks,
Kristi

31 Kathy Jordan December 31, 2015

I want that beautiful teapot…….it would motivate me to make my tea in such a lovely vessel!

32 Luisa December 31, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Absolutely amazing drink! I just tried it out my it’s delicious! I’m hoping it will help my circulation. Thanks for string it!

33 Mel @ The Refreshanista December 31, 2015

How amazing to watch your daughter grow :) I’m 5 months pregnant and I just can’t wait to watch my little one grow and learn and become their own person! As for the tonic, it looks so lovely and warming! I’ll be trying it :)

34 Rita December 31, 2015

Hi,

Can you tell me what the detox tea is go for. Would like to try it

35 Amber December 31, 2015

I’m allergic to ginger – fresh is out and I wouldn’t chance the tea bag. But it’s in sooo many recipes like this – and I understand why, it is really good for you. But for me and others like me; what are good alternatives? Something with close to the same benefits that could be subbed. I was thinking maybe cinnamon tea and leave out the fresh cinnamon but maybe there are other things out there that are also beneficial and would work just as well.

36 Robyn B @ Modern Day Missus January 1, 2016

Perhaps try some fresh apple. You will still get a kick from the cayenne and apple cider vinegar but the apple will complement these flavors well xx

37 Janis Good December 31, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Just tried this tea for the first time and love it. I will be drinking this regularly, I didn’t have any fresh lemons, so I took some lemon juice I have frozen and just dunked it in the hot tea for a few seconds and it worked great.

38 Jill @ Champagne for Everyday December 31, 2015

I LOVE Ginger tee. This looks wonderful (also, that tea pot is adorable).

39 Jill @ Champagne for Everyday December 31, 2015

*tea :)

40 Kris December 31, 2015

Yum! Thank you. Looking forward to it!

41 Annaliese December 31, 2015

Nice! I have a jar of turmeric that is destined for this, and just bought a huge hunk of fresh ginger from Whole Paycheck last night! Thanks for the lovely idea…Happy New Year!!

42 Eszter December 31, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I was so glad I had all the ingredients when I saw your recipe. It’s very flavourful, complex and refreshing. Reminiscent of an early summer morning. Thank you!!

43 Robyn B @ Modern Day Missus January 1, 2016

Oh I swear that combo of lemon, ginger and cayenne is addictive! I had a very similar but cool and refreshing version yesterday morning with breakfast. So good to start the day with!

44 Faye January 1, 2016

I sooo need this. love it when I find a recipe and have everything on hand. will be waking up to this in the morning and starting 2016 off right. thank you for the recipie and thank you for sharing your “gift” with us. I prepare a lot of your recipies for my family and friends. they are always big hits and asked for again and again. happy 2016 ❤️

45 Kiri January 1, 2016

That looks fantastic. It’s currently summer where I am (and scorching hot) – would it contain the same goodness, if I made it as ice tea?

46 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 1, 2016

Mmm this sounds so good Ange! I love ginger and turmeric, so this has my name written all over it. Wishing you and the family a super Happy New Year! xo

47 Rachel January 1, 2016

Looks great! How much is a dash? Would that be a couple of pinches? 1/8 tsp? Thanks! Happy New Year!

48 Ceramic Cookware January 1, 2016

Dear Angela, Happy New Year! thank you for your excellent article on My Favourite Hot Detox Tonic. By the way, I wish you could add video in this article but the images were awesome. Keep the great writing skill up. Thanks again for giving me a good resource. Waiting for your reply!

49 Kathy January 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Hi there! Happy New Year!

I stumbled upon your blog recently and have tried a few of your recipes (Endurance crackers, cherry energy bites, chick pea salad… all excellent!). And I just tried this hot drink this afternoon with a full tablespoon of fresh ginger. Warm, spicy and soothing! My kind of post-Holidays drink! :)

I’m not vegan but I appreciate plant-based recipes. Thank you for all the ideas!

Kathy

50 Anna Lee January 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Your nostalgia over Adriana’s growth this year is too precious. They grow up so quickly, don’t they? I bet you can’t wait to see what this year has in store for your little one!

This tonic was just what I needed! I’m getting over a cold at the moment, and this, coupled with your tomato soup, warmed me right to the bone. I only had fresh ginger and not ginger tea, which I think I preferred as I could make it as spicy as I wanted! ;)

51 Christine January 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is so fantastic! I rarely drink these kinds of detox tonics, but all the ingredients in here resonated with me so much that I wanted to give it a try. And I’m so glad I did! I definitely foresee this becoming a winter staple for me, so thank you!

52 Gabriella @ So We Go January 1, 2016

I love hot tonics like this, and this combination sounds just perfect! I feel like my body is almost craving turmeric this time of year… The best thing for feeling energised during the colder months! Wishing you a healthy and happy 2016 :)

53 Kelly Clark January 2, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just made a small teapot full. Loved it. Thanks for the recipe!

54 mary dao January 2, 2016

I am new here and loving what i see. Will start with the tea. Sounds good! How do i get the book?

55 Lori Z January 2, 2016

Love these ingredients and want to make the tea this weekend. Can any ledtover be safety stored in the fridge to drink cold? Thanks! Love your cookbooks and meal ideas.

56 Bita January 2, 2016

Hi Angela, happy New Year! Enjoy those sweet moments with your toddler…it all goes by too fast and then you open your eyes and you have teenagers in the house!
This hot tonic sounds interesting. I don’t have any ginger tea in the house but I have some minced fresh ginger in a jar …I will give it swirl and a whirl! Thank you for sharing. We are cell rating New Years at an all-inclusive in Mexico (much like being on a cruise) and I am more than ready for some detoxing. Thank you for sharing your recipe!

57 lynn @ the actor's diet January 2, 2016

I’m freaking out over your adorable tea pot. Happy New Year to you!!!

58 Wendy January 2, 2016

The ginger teabag you used is it pure ginger? I tried to find some in the health food store today and they were all blends with other herbs etc. So I just went ahead and bought fresh ginger, but wondered if a I should use a green team bag wine other ingredients.

59 Rosie January 2, 2016

Yogi Tea makes a pure ginger tea. I get mine at Trader Joes but other retailers carry it as well.

60 Rosie January 2, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Sipping on this right now and I love it. As someone else has mentioned, I really do appreciate you posting a recipe that calls for ground spices in combination with the tea bags. Love the blog-thank you and happy new year.

61 Caryn January 2, 2016

I’d love to be able to make a big batch of this to drink all week and pack into work. Any suggestions on any ingredients that really should be added last minute/how long it will stay effective for? Does this drink need to be made the day of?

62 Crystal January 12, 2016

I was wondering the same thing. To be able to grab it and go on my way out to work each morning would be the best.

63 Rachel Abram January 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I am so glad I found this recipe. I am sipping away at a cup as we speak and I do enjoy it!
I tried a name brand “teatox” in November and although I was thinking about trying it again I think that I will now just stick with this recipe! Thanks!!!

64 Myra January 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This was loaded with good flavor. Thank you for another great recipe. I absolutely love your blog and cookbook!

65 Myra January 3, 2016

This tea is loaded with delicious flavors. Thank you for another great recipe. I absolutely love your blog and cookbook!

66 viviane January 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I haven’t been able to stop drinking this tonic! It’s become my go-to each morning before breakfast. I make a big batch and reheat it on the stove over 2 days – not sure what the does to the nutritional value though…

Thanks Angela!!! :)

67 Jess January 3, 2016

This post is so good! I can’t wait to try this one, love it!

68 Alyssa January 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this tea this morning using some fresh ginger and it was incredibly tasty! I’m just curious what kind of health benefits this combination of ingredients offers?

69 Cawfee Kath January 3, 2016

Am looking forward to trying this out—-love, beyond love the teapot and must have it !!!

A healthy, blessed and best 2016 to all !!!!

70 Mac D January 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Made this earlier today… it was so delicious!!! Ended up making a second pot and drank it within 10 minutes. Thanks for another amazing recipe. I’m counting down the days until your second cookbook is released.

71 emma January 4, 2016

hi Angela,

I love your site,,,,
very inspiring…
Happy New Year 2016.

72 Nikki January 4, 2016

This looks amazing, can’t wait to try it!

73 vicky January 4, 2016

i love your recipes and there always spot on, but my question is why dont any of the recipes include nutritional info like fat calories etc

74 Tucker January 4, 2016

What a great tonic! Do you think this could be made in a large-ish batch to last over 2-3 days? I would love to start my mornings with this, but getting out the door to work and my 4.5 yr old triplets off to school is a challenge… Thanks!

75 krysta January 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This tonic is great. I tried it for the first time yesterday with my son (7) and he liked it too, until he got to the cayenne at the bottom! He wasn’t expecting it to be that intense. Now I serve it with a spoon so we can stir between sips. Today I also added a chunk of apple and it was great. Thanks!

76 Anne-Sophie January 4, 2016

Hi Angela!
I’ve only had the chance to try this tea once but i am in looove with it!!! But I’m currently in residence (from Ontario but living in Montreal for highschool during the weekdays) and we don’t have acces to the kitchen. To you think it could stay in the fridge some days so I could pour myself some on the evening?
Thanks and happy new year! :)

77 Faith January 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This tonic is delightful (I used half a lemon’s worth of juice rather than just a slice). It makes me feel satiated and helps me start a healthy day. And it’s so easy! Thank you!

78 Katelin Reeser January 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

So delicious! I’ve made a similar tonic in the past, but the addition of turmeric and cinnamon is a lovely touch! I was out of pure maple syrup, so I used raw honey, which works just as well. Thanks for the pick me up!

79 Jessica January 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I absolutely adore this tea! Tried it for the first time this week and my energy level is so much better in the morning and throughout the day :) Was wondering where you got the lovely teapot Angela? :)

80 Jessica January 5, 2016

This is THE best tonic I’ve ever had. It’s like a delicious apple cinnamon tea. It’s great cold, too!

Everyday I find a way to get 1 tsp of turmeric into me for its anti-inflammatory benefits. Needless to say, I’m pretty sick of turmeric at this point and sick of my go-to ways of getting that much into me daily. This tonic is something I look forward to everyday now, especially since you can’t really taste the turmeric.

I recommend making a huge batch (with everything but the ACV and lemon) to store in your fridge so it’s easy to use all week long! Just add the ACV and lemon after re-heating.

Thanks, Angela! I’ve been telling everyone I know to make this!

81 Rob Cast January 5, 2016

I’d like to try this but I’m not a fan of hot drinks. Is it just as good cold? Any substitutions I should make?

82 Jessica January 7, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Yes, it is delicious cold! And better in a way because it’s not killing the enzymes in the ACV and lemon. I often drink it at room temperature to help with digestion. Definitely give it a try cold!

83 KJ | Omnomherbivore January 6, 2016

This sounds so soothing!!! I’ll have to make this! Bummed your tea shoppe is gone – It was soo good!!!

84 Rebeka January 6, 2016

Hi Angela, what time of the day should I take this drink? or is it all day drink?
Please let me know when is the best time. Thanks for the recipe, Rebeka

85 georgiab January 7, 2016

Hey Angela, do you have a recipe for a black beans with coconut milk soup?

86 Cindy Childers January 9, 2016

Just made this this morning in my new glass 4 cup coffee pot. LOVED it! Love the taste and love it in my cute new pot! Going to go take the goods to my sick friends this AM and make her a pot. It’s just so tasty and darling (the pot that is :) Thank you! Keep this wonderful recipes coming. XXOO

87 emma {Emma's Little Kitchen} January 9, 2016

Ahhhh! I’ve been making something similar to help my poor marathon fatigued body, one unexpected bonus was the brightening of my skin!

88 andrea January 10, 2016

Hi there! Have been a big fan of yours for years and preordered your first cookbook way back when! I started drinking this detox tonic at the start of the year to help cleanse as I am cleaning up my diet (again) and plan to lose a little weight before a yoga retreat in Honduras that I am leading in March.
I’d like to add one thing: in order for the body to best absorb turmeric, it must be consumed with fat. I’ve adding a 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil to the tonic and find it actually improves the taste while ensuring I am reaping all the benefits!

Thank you for your inspiration and Happy New Year!

89 Crystal January 12, 2016

This looks so yummy. I found this because I often refer to your site for the avocado crema which I love on toast. I can’t wait to try this next!

90 Alex @ True Femme January 15, 2016

I love the citrus tea recipe in the book that has that hint of cayenne, it’s one of my favorites! I love hot detox drinks/teas too, so I’m excited to try this one! Happy New Year, Angela!

91 Gemma January 21, 2016

My body definitely needs some detoxification. Hope your recipe will help out. :)

92 Carolyn January 21, 2016

Drinking this at work right now instead of my usual coffee. So refreshing and warming at the same time. How is this possible? Lol! Thanks for the simple idea.

93 megan chionis January 25, 2016

Can you tell me where you purchased your tea pot? Its so beautiful!

94 Olivia January 26, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Thank you for the recipe! My friends and I are all hooked! I have two questions though! Is this okay to drink every day? I’m trying to replace coffee and also where can I get that tea pot?? It’s so cool!

95 Christine January 27, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I absolutely love this drink. I must have made it at least a dozen times by now, mostly with fresh ginger. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!! :)

96 marianaflow.com January 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

These ingredients are powerful anti-inflammatories and antioxidants to the body. Drink that, and your body will be very thankful. I swear – I know from experience! <3

97 Sharon Kate January 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I drink this all day at work, hot, cold or in-between. I’m now using twice the spices (or more). The intense flavours satisfy my palate much more than weak herbal teas. It didn’t stop me from catching my daughter’s cold tho – darn!

98 Andrea February 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Angela! I’ve been reading about detox teas and wanted to be able to make my own but didn’t know how. Problem solved! Your blog is such an inspiration and I am super excited to try more recipes and keep reading about your experiences.

99 Leighton February 1, 2016

This is definitely something I would drink instead of my usual morning coffee…I will have to try it tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!

100 JoAnn Buel February 3, 2016

I received your email yesterday about having a new newsletter and to sign up to receive new in but when I hit submit nothing happens. I’m wondering if there is a glitch in it and you aren’t aware of it. I tried to reply to the email but it came back as a no reply address
Thank you I’m looking forward to future newsletters from you. I have your cookbook and love it and looking forward to your new one in the fall

101 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 6, 2016

Hi JoAnn,

I’ve submitted the newsletter request on your behalf. You should receive an email that will ask you to confirm your subscription. Hope you enjoy!

102 sarah February 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Hi! I just wanted to say that this detox tonic is incredible! Of course it tastes amazing and makes me feel warm and comforted throughout the day, but it has almost completely healed my reynaud’s syndrome. The combo of tumeric and cayenne has done wonders. Thank you so much for that – and yet another amazing recipe!!!

xo
Sarah

103 Lauren Deegan February 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Great recipe, this tonic left me feeling light and clean. I felt like this was a detox drink that actually worked. Looking forward to reading more wonderful recipes.

104 Lauren Deegan February 4, 2016

105 Kelly February 6, 2016

This sounds great. Im starting a 3 day detox tomorrow in hopes of kicking my bad snacking habits to the curb. Do you have any other detox tips or good breakfast ideas?
Also, excited to hear about the new newsletter. Thanks

K

106 Delia February 8, 2016

I can’t wait to try this! I loved your healing rooibos tea, a quicker version is even better!

107 Hanifah February 9, 2016

This is such a great digestive tonic. Brava!

What is also interesting about these ingredients is separately they all have their purpose and best times to consume. Like hot water and lemon alone first thing in the morning wake up the body like no other. An agni herbs like ginger helps digestion along so to actually maximize the nutrients you digest. That’s why what you drink can define what you eat.

108 Serina February 21, 2016

Hi :) this looks and sounds lovely…but I thought the turmeric was soluble in fat, therefore required a tad bit of fats for the curcumin to be absobed.
If you hold any extra info on this subject it would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

109 Angela Liddon February 26, 2016

Hi Serina, I’m not super familiar with the subject, but if you’re concerned about the absorption I think you could try adding a small amount of coconut oil into the tea. Hope this helps!

110 char March 6, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Having this tea right now!!! I love hot drinks and i am always looking for new ones. Love your recipes!!!!!!!!

111 Angela Liddon March 10, 2016

Thanks, Char! Enjoy the tea. :)

112 Sherry March 24, 2016

Can’t wait to try this! BTW, I just order the teapot, so beautiful! I have been looking for a teapot and was in a tea store just 2 days ago and just could not decide, it just was not what I was looking for…I came here today to grab a recipe for dinner tonight and boom, there it was! Thank you for sharing!

113 Em March 25, 2016

Looks interesting – all this combinations in one tea… I have to try

114 Anna April 5, 2016

Congrats on the pregnancy! I’m 20 weeks so we are not too far apart and wondering if this is safe to drink in pregnancy? I’ve been having a black tea daily and would like to have something hot and caffeine free as I love the ritual of sitting with a hot cup
Of something in the morning and this sounds great.

115 Anna @ Healthoop April 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Wow! I want to do immediately. Thanks! great information! I am waiting your next articles.

116 Deborah H April 27, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made the recipe as written and it was really delicious. It’s the perfect tea to have on this rainy day! I will definitely have to try the mint addition next time :)

117 Sue Barg April 29, 2016

I would like to get recipes! I have heard you have delicious recipes.

118 Leslie J Portu June 23, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Really wonderful stuff! Thanks : )

119 Angela Liddon June 24, 2016

Glad to hear you like it, Leslie!

120 Marilyn October 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this with a Tazo Organic Spicy Ginger tea bag (which I did Not like alone, perhaps due to the fennel). Had everything else except the cayenne & I Love it! Thinking of trying it with orange as well. Thank you!

121 Sharon November 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I have been drinking this tea since spring, I am keeping my psoriasis under control with this tea. Has any one else had good results with this tea?