Mouth-Watering Crispy Brussels Sprouts (plus 7 ways to flavour them!)

bestbrusselssprouts

Four words you don’t often see together: mouth-watering Brussels sprouts.

I can see it now, you’re raising an eyebrow and giving me the stink eye because your “b.s.” detector is going off. In fact, you probably didn’t even click on this post!?

*sings* I’m all by myself.

Or, maybe you share my excitement for this misunderstood vegetable. There are many of you out there! I know this based on my Instagram comments recently. In fact, one of you said the photo made your “mouth water” which served as inspiration for this recipe title!

I loathed these green, leafy orbs most of my life until that one glorious day when I roasted the heck out of them with some good oil and sea salt. I forgot to set the timer and consequently “over-cooked” them a bit, but as I stood there over the pan popping them into my mouth, one by one, I realized I hit the jackpot. Browned, almost caramelized bottoms, crispy, blackened leaves, and a tender yet “meaty” texture. Yes, I just said meaty texture. For a veggie, that is.

I also converted Eric into a Brussels sprouts fanatic with this method, and I’m sort of regretting it.

“I never thought I’d see the day when I’d eat an entire pan of Brussels sprouts.”

(That is a direct quote from Eric recently. What have I done?)

brusselssprouts2

In this post I’ll divulge my go-to method for roasting these misunderstood sprouts, and I’ll share my favourite ways to flavour them. They really are the perfect canvas for creating all different kinds of flavours depending on your mood.

The elephant in the room: Brussels sprouts are a bit of a pain to prep (ok, I won’t sugar coat it, they are my nemesis!), however I timed it and 2 pounds takes me 10 minutes to trim so it could be worse?). You can’t go wrong coercing a helper to cut the prep time in half. Or why not just designate the entire task to your favourite relative? wink, wink. muhauha.

The Brussels prepared below are lovely as is, but I encourage you to try all kinds of different spices, glazes, dips, sauces, etc. Here are a few of my favourite flavours:

A drizzle of pomegranate molasses or balsamic reduction with pomegranate arils (very festive!) – you can skip the Harissa here.

Garlic infused – try minced garlic cloves, garlic-infused oil, garlic salt

Teriyaki sauce – pairs well with sesame seeds

Barbecue sauce (I’ve been known to use BBQ sauce as a dip!)

Coconut curry sauce or your favourite curry powder

Sriracha or other hot sauce

Hummus (we’re loving roasted red pepper hummus with these lately)

Ground toasted nuts or seeds like pecans or sesame seeds. I want to try hemp hearts too.

I really had fun with this photoshoot; I hope you enjoy! I thought it would be fun to start adding “glow tips” to some photos. Let me know what you think!

thebestroastedbrusselssprouts (1)

Mouth-Watering Crispy Brussels Sprouts

Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free

By

5 from 9 reviews

This is my current go-to method for preparing Brussels sprouts. I lightly coat them in melted coconut oil, season with sea salt and Harissa spice blend, and then roast until charred and crispy. Keep in mind that the amount of roasting time will vary depending on your oven and how fresh the Brussels sprouts are. It's best to keep an eye on the first batch. After roasting I love to drizzle the smallest amount of melted coconut oil on top and then toss them again - this just takes them over the top on the mouth-watering scale and it also rehydrates them after roasting. This recipe can be changed up so many ways too. For a festive twist, try drizzling Pomegranate molasses or Balsamic reduction on top (you can skip the Harissa for a more neutral flavour) and serve with fresh pomegranate arils. We also love dipping the sprouts in roasted red pepper hummus or a sweet Barbecue sauce.

Yield
4 side servings
Prep Time
Cook time
Total Time

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, outer leaves removed (6 cups prepped)
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or olive oil*, plus more for serving
  • 1 teaspoon dry Harissa spice blend**
  • 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. With a paring knife, trim off the ends of the sprouts, then slice in half lengthwise, and pick off any loose outer leaves. Place the prepped sprouts into a large bowl.
  3. Add the oil onto the sprouts in the bowl and stir or toss with hands until throughly coated. Add the Harissa and salt, and stir until combined.
  4. Spread the Brussels sprouts onto the prepared baking sheet in a uniform layer. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
  5. Roast the sprouts for 20 minutes, then flip with spatula, and continue roasting for another 5-15 minutes until browned to your liking. I tend to "overcook" these because I like them crispy and charred (I usually brown mine more than the photos show). Smaller sprouts will brown faster than larger ones.
  6. Drizzle with a teaspoon or so of melted coconut oil and quickly toss to coat. This infuses with flavour and moistens them a bit after roasting. Sometimes I also sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds if I have some on hand. Taste and add another tiny pinch of salt, if desired, and serve immediately - the hotter the better.

Tips:

*If using melted coconut oil, make sure that your Brussels sprouts are at room temperature before mixing in the oil. If the sprouts are chilled from the fridge, the oil will harden when mixing. Keep in mind that using virgin coconut oil will impart a very light coconut flavour. You can use flavourless refined coconut oil if you prefer.

**I found the Harissa spice blend at Whole Foods in the US (it’s the Whole Foods Market brand). It contains: paprika, caraway, chilis pepper, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic, peppermint, sea salt. I’ve also been told that it can be found at Bulk Barn and Sobey’s in some Canadian locations. You can also find it online here.

brusselssprouts

065A2237

1 Kathy November 21, 2015

Wow! As always, Angela, you are on the forefront of food trends. Just the other day I bought Brussels Sprouts chips, and thought, “Angela could totally make these sing!” Like you, I was not a fan of them for, like, all time. For Thanksgiving, I’m trying a recipe using these and I’m mixing maple-roasted pecans, dried cranberries, and sweet potatoes.

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 21, 2015

Oh I love them with sweet potato…such a perfect combo of textures and flavours. Have a great Thanksgiving!

3 Sarah Noelle November 21, 2015

I totally agree with you, Angela — Brussels sprouts are entirely misunderstood. They are one of my favorite vegetables. :)
I’m curious to know why you bother taking off the outer leaves. I usually don’t (I’m a bit lazy, haha), and I’ve never noticed any problems with leaving them on. Do you find that the outer leaves taste different or have a different texture?
I like the glow tips, by the way!

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 21, 2015

Hi Sarah, I find the outer leaves often have dirt or imperfections on them, so if that’s the case I will pop them off. I also can’t find organic sprouts all the time, so I guess it’s a bit of piece of mind to remove the outer leaves. Either way though, it’s your call. Hope this helps. :)

5 Amara November 22, 2015

When you’re able to get organic Brussels sprouts, definitely throw those outer leaves on the pan to roast!! When I take mine out to flip halfway through, I just start eating those crispy little sprout chips right off the pan (so they don’t burn, I tell myself). Holy wow – just perfect. I’d make a whole tray of Brussels sprout chips if that didn’t sound like the most work ever to peel all of those bad boys.

6 Dona November 22, 2015

Can I just pop in here and say….I save my outside trimmings, put in a freezer bag and freeze until I’m making a pot of veggie soup! But those sprout chips sound better!!!!

7 Ruby January 12, 2016

Another great idea for Brussels sprouts scraps (or any veggie scraps!) is to put all those trimmings into a gallon-sized zip baggie and store in the freezer until the bag is full. When it’s full of veggie scraps/trimmings, put them into a slow cooker, fill with water and cook for 8+ hours then strain out the veggies. You will have a wonderful no-sodium veggie broth. If you don’t have a slow cooker (Crock Pot) you can simmer this on the stove in a large pot for several hours.
The cooked veggies can be added to your home compost heap too- no waste!

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 22, 2015

Such a great idea. I was just thinking of doing that the other day but my outer leaves were questionable, hah. I’ll have to try that soon!

9 Denise November 21, 2015

We love them with sliced chestnuts mixed in toward the end of the roasting time (about five minutes or so). They add such an amazing flavor and texture. I grew up thinking that all Brussels sprouts when destined to taste like old stinky shoes because my mom always boiled them to death. Now roasted brussel sprouts are my favorite veggie. I get excited as soon as we have our first frost because I know I’ll see them at the farm stand.

10 Elle November 23, 2015

I LOVE chestnuts roasted along with Brussels sprouts. I also roast mine with minced garlic and add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice, along with grated parmesan before serving. So good!

11 Kelly November 21, 2015

This sounds yum! I think I’ll have to try Harissa for the first time! I have come to love Brussels sprouts if they are roasted (not boiled, which how I had them as a child). I also like to add slices of fennel to the roasting pan – it adds a sweetness which is nice with the sprouts.

12 Sheena Yap Chan November 21, 2015

damn you make brussel sprouts fun and yummy to eat. I wasnt a fan until seeing this. thanks so much

13 Paige November 21, 2015

These brussel sprouts look amazing! I’m definitely going to try this recipe soon!

Paige

14 Laura ~ Raise Your Garden November 21, 2015

Your Brussel Sprouts are truly photogenic ~ all these photo’s made me smile they are so good! I grew my own this year, tiny ones but like you said, they were so tender and delicious my 3-year-old was willing to eat them plain, just steamed. Big score for mom. I’ve also read that Brussel Sprouts are the #1 hunger suppressing food. This is 100% true. When I was trying to loose a few pounds, I’d eat 2 servings an hour before dinner and my typically voracious appetite went poof. Now if I could only get my husband to eat them. And bok choy, he always scoffs at bok choy.

15 Cindy November 23, 2015

I have a recipe for bok choy w/ garlic & orange juice that is really delicious. I bet you could find something similar on web that he might like.

16 Nicole W November 21, 2015

At my house, its pretty tricky to convince anyone to eat cooked brussels sprouts without bacon…this recipe gives me hope for cooked brussels sprouts that I can prepare in a delicious way and them everyone can choose their own toppings! You made my son fall in love with them raw in a salad, but with the cold (finally) coming to Ontario, this cooked Fall version is going to be a hit. You had me at “caramelized”!
I love the glow tips on the pictures…every bit of advice helps!

17 Anna Lee November 21, 2015

You must have read my mind; I’ve been scouring the internet for a few new ways to spruce up boring ol’ Brussels sprouts for Thanksgiving next week. Thanks for the wonderful ideas! (Hummus and Brussels sprouts? I’m dying to try that now!) Like you I always thought I hated Brussels sprouts. That was until I had them heavily roasted with a little garlic on them. Boy, was that a game changer! Now I absolutely love them any way they’re prepared, though roasted is still my favorite.
And I’m loving the glow tips!

18 Annaliese November 21, 2015

Yes! I have been loving the Brussels too this past week! Love the idea of the pomegranate molasses with these. Yum! I have been impatient, and found that cooking them in a hot pan with olive oil/coconut oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt does wonders similar to roasting, only faster. I cook them until they are deeply browned, tossing often, and then add a drizzle of maple syrup at the last moment, toss to coat, then dig in. After nearly clogging my garbage disposal this past week, I can say with confidence to compost those trimmings…bahahaha!

19 Adela November 21, 2015

These look lovely, Angela! And the photos… gorgeous! *-*
I also think that brussels sprouts are delicious when roasted and served with balsamic vinegar. Recently, I’ve found out another seasoning, that is olive oil with balsamic vinegar, agave (or honey) and salt and pepper. This actually enhances the slightly sweet flavour of the brussels sprouts, which makes them even better! ^^

20 Charlene February 12, 2016

Yes Adela, i love roasted brussels like yours…I love, love, love Brussels!!

21 Kaila@HealthyHelperBlog November 21, 2015

Love this. Roasted brussels sprouts are like candy to me! THEY ARE JUST SO ADDICTING. No better way to prepare them!!! <3

22 Amberley November 21, 2015

Oh wow these look amazing! Completely mouth watering! My go-to quickie dinner these days is a veggie burger (our favorite veggie burger courtesy of the cookbook) reheated from the freezer and a sliced bell pepper, onion, and a serving of Brussels sprouts cooked in a pan for like 10 minutes until the onions caramelize. You wouldn’t believe the giant mound of veggies this makes! I cannot wait to try this! Sadly I’m trying to make it to Thanksgiving break before grocery shopping (mom, bring the car and the credit card! Got to love being a college student).

I think I’ll probably have this along with the lentil-walnut loaf for my Thanksgiving feast :) with some other goodies of course… but I need SOMETHING green, right? Ahaha, my turkey-eating friends will be so jealous!

Thanks!
Amberley

23 Toshi Bakes November 22, 2015

I’ve always felt that Brussels sprouts have been misunderstood too. I’ll definitely have to give these new ideas a try

24 Dara November 22, 2015

The Brussels Sprouts are one of the things I have to prepare for Christmas dinner this year. I hate them so this is definitely worth a try. Thank you. http://www.champagneinateacup.wordpress.com

25 Ashlyn November 24, 2015

Hi Dara, not sure if it was a mistake or not but you hadn’t tried the recipe and rated it one star?

26 Teffy @ Teffy's Perks November 22, 2015

I didn’t grow up eating brussels sprouts, which might be the reason I love them now! Haha no childhood trauma!

These look so so delicious, crispy & brussels sprouts in one sentence makes my heart swoon. X

27 Heather Mason November 22, 2015

Yum!! These look amazing!!! I usually cool Brussels on the stove top but I think roasting is the way to go! What is Harissa? What does it taste like exactly? Can I buy it at the regular store?

28 Caroline November 22, 2015

I love the sprouts as well!

pictures are great with the words right In make it easier to follow recipe , love it .

great job

29 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 22, 2015

Roasting (in my opinion) is the key!! It’s the way I learned how to like Brussels sprouts and beets, and now they’re 2 of my favourite veggies. These combos all sound fabulous Ange! And I hear ya on the BBQ sauce – I’ve been known to use it as a dipper too!

30 suzanne November 22, 2015

I agree with above commenters -roasted brussel sprouts are like candy – sooo good. and perfect with sweet potatoes – and even more perfect with sweet potato and black beans or black bean burger :)…last Thanksgiving we went away to a lodge in VT that we love with our family. They had a huge buffet and graciously made me a vegan meal which included a sweet potato and sprouts – with a side of maple syrup for condiment. It was SO delicious! And being a holiday – I did not have any guilt about syrup being my dinner condiment ;)

I have a question though – when I roast any veggies, the ones on the outer rim of the pan gets crispy and the ones in the middle do not. Parchment paper seems to make it take longer to get crispy and potatoes have a very hard time with the parchment. Yet I do not want to put the veggies right on the pan as it is not pure stainless steel (I need to make that investment but it is pricey!). Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any tips you have.

31 Marie November 22, 2015

Looks yummy! I’ve been on a huge Brussels Sprouts kick lately. Totally addicted to them. I leaf them and eat them raw into salads, too. But….compost the “scraps??” I eat all of that! The only part I get rid of is the very bottom. All the outer leaves I either roast or use in salad. Good stuff!

32 Kassidy December 9, 2015

Oh, Marie, I’m so glad you feel the same way! When I read “compost the scraps”, my jaw dropped because those scraps end up being the crispiest parts in the baking dish!

I wonder if saving the bottoms for broth would be worth doing. Surely there’s some nutrition that can be extracted, if not flavour!

33 Terri Cole November 22, 2015

My favorite seasoning for Brussels sprouts is mustard-maple-miso. Alliterative and delicious!

34 pat November 22, 2015

Wow, can’t wait to make theses, love all the options. The hummus is calling me.
Love the “glow tips”!

35 Tiffany November 22, 2015

I love roasted Brussels sprouts! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Angela! I can’t wait to try it!

About the outer layers – I discard the ones with dirt but sometimes good leaves do fall off. In that case I toss them in olive oil and salt and roast them while keeping a close eye and they kind of turn crispy like kale chips. yum!

36 Elizabeth November 22, 2015

We usually do it with turmeric and oil and they taste amazing ! Exited to try those new combinations, thanks ! :)

37 Melody November 22, 2015

Love Brussels sprouts! I never throw away the outer leaves. Instead, I toss them in oil along w the halved sprouts and roast. The leaves turn into crispy salty bits of deliciousness – think Brussels sprout chips as you roast them. These are the best part!

38 Samantha November 22, 2015

Just missing one…. Maple syrup!!!! I put them in the oven for about 20 mins with just a little oil on them. Take em out, drizzle with maple syrup and a little bit of apple cider vinegar, a dash of salt if you want, put them back in for 5. And voila! Crack.

39 AK_Archer November 22, 2015

Strange! Never had them at home but for school lunches in the 1970s. And believe it or not our beloved lunch ladies actually roasted them! Exotic for the time! And delicious. Of course, this is back when each school had a kitchen and home-cooked 97% of the food served. I just remember two things that would be considered processed — those long skinny fish portions and perfectly round chicken patties — and naturally heavily breaded.

40 Adina November 23, 2015

I click on every post featuring brussels sprouts. I cannot understand people not liking them. I had them for the first time as a grown-up, there were no such things as brussels sprouts in Romania during my childhood, I only knew them by name from American films, where they were only mentioned as a hate object. I never let that influence me in a negative way, on the contrary, I was intrigued and happily ate them the first chance I got. :) I love the new ideas!

41 Mary G. November 23, 2015

Does anyone have a trick for roasting them without stinking up the house? I absolutely love-love-love roasting them using the above method and eating them hot off the pan, but I’ve been relegated to indulging in them and making them only once a year…because of the smell. Even with the windows open, small fan, and hood fan going (while it’s snowing out!), the house still smells like cruciferous rotteness. The sprouts themselves are fresh and beautiful, but they staaank and my family has nixed my sprout-roasting privileges :(

42 Heather November 23, 2015

Roasting brussel sprouts is the only way we’ll make them! The flavor is out of this world and I was so happy when my family heartily agreed that I should bring them as a side to our Thanksgiving dinner this week. I’m bringing roasted parsnips to my in-laws’ dinner and that’s always a hit too. I’d love to see a recipe or roundup for that veggie as well :) Happy holidays!

43 Heidi Kokborg November 23, 2015

Angela these roasted brussels sprouts look so good! Like you I used to HATE brussels sprouts when I was younger and now I absolutely love them. My mom adds them to mashed potatoes too which tasted absolutely amazing. You have to try that :)
I can’t wait to try adding some of the flavors you suggested. Especially garlic sounds perfect!

44 Brittany @ Plant Power Couple November 23, 2015

Brussels sprouts are amazing! My husband converted me to the dark side of Brussels sprout obsession two years ago, and I am so glad he did! We usually roast ours after tossing them in some toasted sesame oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Delicious! We’ll have to give this a try as well. Thank you! :)

45 Michelle November 23, 2015

This recipe looks amazing and I can’t wait to make them! I also love the “glow tips”!

46 Jessica November 23, 2015

Uhhhh. SOLD. Brussel sprouts are veggies that I love but always seem to forget about. THANK YOU for putting them front row centre for me again. :)

47 Jennifer November 23, 2015

I think I should try these. My favorite part of our current favorite recipe (maple balsamic ving. brussel sprout with sweet potatoes from I Could Never Go Vegan) is when I have leaves get all crispy. It is like kale chips!

48 Kayla November 23, 2015

I’m so glad I found this post because I am in charge of making the brussel sprouts for Thanksgiving dinner!! Thanks for the delicious recipe!

49 Sophie November 23, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Perfect. Crispy. Versatile.

50 Milissa November 23, 2015

We LOVE roasted Brussels sprouts in my house:) Probably our most favorite method is drizzling them with a mixture of olive oil, orange juice, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and sprinkling with salt and pepper, tossing well and roasting until a bit charred and crispy. I usually throw a garlic clove or two, unpleeled, onto the pan to roast as well, then squeeze it out onto the sprouts after cooking, mix really well. So yummy!

51 Kelley November 24, 2015

We had our first brussels sprouts of the season tonight, and they were so good just roasted with olive oil and salt… I’m definitely one of those who won’t stop snacking out of the pan. I’ll keep these ideas in my back pocket to jazz them up over the next few months.

52 Polly November 24, 2015

Super pretty photos!!

53 Lora November 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I’ll stand by you! Broiled and baked sliced Brussels sprouts are a fave here. Especially added to salads :)

54 Cynthia November 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

A simple and delicious side dish!

55 Caitlin Nelson November 25, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I never imagined that I could prepare Brussels sprouts in this recipe. I’ll try it this weekend

56 Claudia Gassauer November 25, 2015

These look AMAZING! I wish I could get my family to eat Brussels Sprouts, but I guess I gotta look on the bright side: more for me hehehe ;)
I will try this recipe after Thanksgiving, when I feel guilty about all the crappy food I’ve had ;) Thanks for sharing!

57 Rosalind November 25, 2015

Nice photos! Love it so much.

58 Catherine November 26, 2015

I love Brussels sprouts roasted in a miso mustard dressing (wasabi would probably work wonderfully too). I had them that way at Mana Food Bar when visiting Chicago and had to try recreating it when I got home. I am not kidding when I say I would go back to Mana for them when they’re in season (about eight hours by plane…).

59 Liv Faye November 26, 2015

Keep up the glow tips, they’re fantastic!! :) Haha, well you’re not one of the best healthy cooks out there for nothing, of course you’d find a way to cook brussel sprouts in a delicious way! I like the story about your husband, it is kinda awesome when you convert your SO to healthy food ;) Thank you so much for the recipe, can’t wait to try it!

60 Kara November 27, 2015

Loved this recipe!!! Thank you:)

61 Petra @ CrumblesAndKale November 28, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Oh, I just love brussels sprouts, thank you for the inspiration of new flavors!

62 Hannah November 28, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Best brussel sprouts I’ve ever made myself! I’ve always wondered how restaurants get brussel sprouts to almost melt in your mouth and this recipe did just that! This will definitely be my go-to brussel sprout recipe :) I also added a few cloves of garlic and used avocado oil instead.
I highly recommend!!

63 Jennifer November 28, 2015

Yum! I’ll have to try some of these flavors. I usually roast mine with olive oil and salt, then drizzle on some honey and lemon juice when they’re done. So good!

64 Kristine November 29, 2015

omg, I have to try this. I’ve never been able to make Brussels sprouts taste good to my standards. I’m going to try this tomorrow and if I like it then I am going totally share you recipe on my blog (with your credit of course) if you don’t mind! I love sharing food ideas!

65 Emily December 2, 2015

Hi Angela,

I think the glow tips are a great addition to your recipes! Hope to see them in others.
Thanks for sharing this one, I think I’ll have a struggle introducing the flavors for Christmas.. everyone here is very dedicated to the “just boil ’em” method.
Will try them myself though :)

66 Robert G Brown December 10, 2015

Your sprouts look amazing…I would like to try the recipe once I find some time to get to the grocery store. Once I get my act together, I would like to start a small indoor organic garden with a few items that I use often…like tomatoes, garlic, onions, carrots, and some fingerling potatoes. I love the smell of fresh herbs growing in the kitchen as well. Ewh and maybe some hydroponic watercress. That would be fun. Blessings.

67 susann December 10, 2015

TRY PC frozen baby brussel sprouts – I find them pretty good when it is off season.

68 Crystal December 14, 2015

I loveeee brussel sprouts and converting haters into fellow lovers using amazing recipes, and I bet this is one that will definitely convert too ;)

P.S. Love the tips you add in your photos! Now to find me some pomegranate molasses…

69 karen December 14, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I just have one word for these, Fantastic!!

70 sofia December 27, 2015

hi, so I discovered your blog by my mom who was recently diagnosed with cancer for the second time and I just wanted to say that you have wonderful respies! and your respies will be so helpful because she will have to go vegan and I am just so happy that I found your blog!!

71 Cara January 8, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I never ate Brussels sprouts growing up, because my mother had been forced to eat them when SHE was growing up, and she HATED them! I always assumed I’d dodged a bullet :-) But later I read that the real crime was overcooking them–that fresh, young sprouts, lightly steamed, were delightful. I dutifully tried them … and didn’t like them. But this is why I love your blog–your story of learning to like them yourself, and then converting Eric, made me believe this method was worth trying–and as always, you were so right! LOVED these! Also, we had some smoked maple syrup on hand (gift from a friend whose son makes his own!) and so we dipped them in that … yum.

72 Olga January 28, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I love Brussels sprouts and would never thought to pair them with harrisa. This recipe was perfect for 10pm pregnant mama snack attack.

73 Ali February 10, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I had never eaten brussels sprouts before. My parents hated them, so it wasn’t something I was exposed to as a kid. These are AMAZING though! So good. I’m a big fan of dipping them in BBQ sauce.

74 Kris February 19, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Tried this recipe this week and it is fabulous! Even my boys, that aren’t fans of sprouts, loved them!

75 Katie June 27, 2016

Just found this after having crispy brussel sprouts last week at one of my favorite lunch places. I remembered I had frozen brussel sprouts in my freezer for months. Using this recipe, I was able to salvage gross freezerburn sogginess into crispy deliciousness! Thank you!

76 Angela Liddon June 28, 2016

That’s awesome, Katie! So glad this recipe helped you bring those brussels sprouts back to life, haha.

77 Mary July 20, 2016

For those of you who have used frozen brussel sprouts did you have to dethaw them first? Mine are frozen whole brussel sprouts so I’m thinking I would have to dethaw them to cut them in half but I’m afraid they would be too watery to roast up nicely.