Speedy Veggie Noodle Bowl with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce

veggiericenoodlesalad-8229

Now that I’m carting around a small watermelon-sized bump, I find myself relying on quick and easy recipes more than ever. My feet just don’t want to be on the ground for long come 7pm, especially since I spend a lot of the day on my feet testing recipes. So, I figure now is a great time to build on my quick and easy recipe collection to help us get through the next several months (years?). No matter what your particular situation, I think there’s always a demand for healthy, delicious meals that don’t take long to throw together. I hope to showcase more of these recipes in the months to come. With summer around the corner, this seems like the perfect time to kick it off!

veggiebrownricenoodlebowl

This is one such easy meal that we’ve been making lately (when I can peel myself away from the watermelon and kiwi, that is) and it’s on the table in 30 minutes flat. Noodle bowls are awesome because you can customize them any way you like – a total clean out the fridge kind of meal. If I have some veggies on their last legs (rubbery celery, I’m looking at you), they are brought back to life in a noodle bowl.

This is a flavourful and comforting meal without feeling heavy in the slightest. Just like the noodle bowls in my cookbook, I use a small amount of noodles (rather than a whole package) and pair it with several cups of vegetables for lots of nutrition and fibre-packed satiety. The julienned carrots add a pasta-like texture, softening like a noodle when heated. It’s my secret to keeping the meal light and energizing without feeling like you’re missing out on those comforting, starchy noodles.

noodlebowlvegan

Speedy Teriyaki Veggie Noodle Bowl

Vegan, nut-free, refined sugar-free

By

4.8 from 19 reviews

A veggie-packed, light-on-the-noodles noodle bowl that's paired with a quick and easy homemade Teriyaki sauce. Go ahead and customize this noodle bowl with whatever veggies you have on hand to use up. To add protein to this recipe, try adding edamame or pan-fried tofu.

Yield
3 to 4 servings
Prep Time
Cook time
Total Time

Ingredients:

For the Teriyaki Sauce:
  • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
  • 1 tablespoon untoasted sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar
  • 2 large cloves garlic, grated on microplane
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less for less heat)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon potato starch or cornstarch
For the noodle bowl:
  • 1/2 box (4-oz/115g) soba noodles*
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil or untoasted sesame oil
  • 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets (1/2 large bunch)
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
  • 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced (1 1/3 cups)
  • 2 to 3 large carrots, peeled and julienned (1 1/2 cups)
  • 3 to 4 green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
  • 3/4 to 1 cup shelled edamame (optional, thaw if frozen)
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish

Directions:

1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the noodles as instructed on the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
  2. Prepare the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until combined. Set aside.
  3. For the noodle bowl: Preheat an extra-large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and coat the pan. Add the broccoli florets, celery, and red pepper, and saute for about 7-10 minutes, until almost tender. Stir frequently, and reduce heat if necessary.
  4. Add the carrots and edamame (if using) to the skillet and saute another couple minutes.
  5. Stir the drained noodles into the stir-fry mixture along with all of the Teriyaki sauce. Cook for a couple minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the carrots soften a bit.
  6. Serve immediately with a garnish of sliced green onion, and sesame seeds.
  7. Store leftovers in a container in the fridge for 1- 2 days. To re-heat leftovers, add them into a skillet with a bit of oil. Heat over medium until heated throughout, season to taste, and serve.

Tips:

• I use spelt buckwheat noodles as I love the flavour. They contain gluten, however. For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free soba noodles that contain 100% buckwheat (or a mix of buckwheat and rice). Be sure to check the label as many buckwheat noodles contain wheat.

sesameseeds-8281

vegannoodlebowl-8264

1 Sammi @Sammi Sunshine June 3, 2014

Woah! This looks incredible. I want to reach through the screen and devour a bowl right now! I know what I’m having for dinner soon. :)

2 Millie June 3, 2014

This looks super delicious and light – perfect for summer! I love that it’s packed with vegetables too! Great recipe once again Angela :)
youtube.com/addalittlefood

3 Cassie June 3, 2014

Noodle bowls are my favourite (especially when it’s hot outside and I don’t feel like heating up the house), and this one looks super yummy!

4 Erin June 3, 2014

So yum! I’ve actually been making something super similar lately (soba with edamame, carrots, onions, etc.) and have just been winging a teriyaki sauce with soy sauce, chili paste, and ginger which was good but a bit too salty and lacking some more complex flavors. I’ll have to try your sauce next time I make this!

5 Stephanie June 3, 2014

Looks great!! Where can I find coconut aminos?

6 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 3, 2014

Hey Stephanie, check the natural foods or the ethnic cuisine sections of the grocery stores. Whole Foods and Organic Garage carries it. You can also use low-sodium tamari too. Hope this helps!

7 Colleen June 24, 2014

I live in a VERY rural area…whole foods, trader joe’s, etc., all about a 45 min. drive from me. Vitacost.com is where I buy my coconut aminos, assuming you don’t need it immediately. They are the main suppliers of the coconut aminos for amazon.com, and cheaper than buying from amazon. shipping typically takes about 3 days, so even that wasn’t bad! Always have sales on the aminos…and if you ebates, they participate. :) Just throwing that out there too. :)

8 Tina Muir June 3, 2014

Wow! You read my mind, stirfrys are a runners dream food! I especially love adding rice noodles to mine. So glad to see i can now make my own teriyaki dressing that i know my body will love as much as my tastebuds. Every little helps when you are an elite, so this will help me stay on track, and get all the nutrition I need. YUM!

9 Abby @ The Frosted Vegan June 3, 2014

I have rice noodles to use up sooo this looks perfect! : )

10 Amy June 3, 2014

Looks great! I’ll try it next week for sure- I’ve got some celery that will be on its last legs by then and my CSA broccoli and carrots are coming Friday!

I was wondering- fast and easy meal featuring julienned carrots- how do you julienne them quick? It always takes me FOREVER with a knife, and I’ll admit I’m scared of my mandolin….

11 Nicole June 3, 2014

Pampered Chef (and Zyliss, I think) makes a peeler that juliennes things. Quick & easy, and you won’t lose your fingers!

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 3, 2014

I use the Zyliss julienne peeler (linked in my post) – works like a charm! I will say I’ve had some close calls with my fingers though, hah.

13 Kate June 3, 2014

Before ordering a Zyliss peeler, you should check out the recent reviews on Amazon -seems they are having some quality control issues at present, or a bad manufacturing change.

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

That’s not good – hopefully they get things sorted out soon!

15 Lynette July 5, 2014

I would give the Pampered Chef julienne peeler a try. I ordered the Zyliss peeler and it took forever to get through 3 carrots. The blade popped out every couple of peels, even with very low pressure, and I had to search for the pieces and reassemble. They definitely need to work on quality control!

16 Lynette July 5, 2014

But other than that snafu this bowl was excellent! We just ate the entire thing and my husband loved it! Thank you!

17 Jacki @ Two Forks One Love June 3, 2014

Yum! I’m totally going to make this next week for Meatless Monday!

18 Anele @ Success Along the Weigh June 3, 2014

If you happen to see a pair of size 11’s sticking out of your bowl, it’s because I dove head first into it. This looks DIVINE!

19 Averie @ Averie Cooks June 3, 2014

Angela this is just gorgeous! Fast, easy, stir fries are where it’s at but this one looks like you slaved over it – seriously so pretty! That teriyaki sauce must be awesome with the liquid aminos, red pepper flakes, coconut sugar, I’d be all over that stuff! pinned

20 Giovanna June 3, 2014

I am all for fast and delicious dinners!

21 Holly June 3, 2014

I was literally just wondering how to make a nice homemade teriyaki sauce last night, perfect!

22 Jill June 3, 2014

Looks great! Those pictures made me hungry, so it’s a good thing it’s almost lunch!

23 Chelsea @ BigBitesLittleBudget June 3, 2014

This is one speedy meal! Noodle bowls and stir drys are my favorites, so this looks like a winner to me. Thanks for sharing.

24 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } June 3, 2014

Nom nom nom! Looks delish. Love all the colors!

25 Romina June 3, 2014

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it out. Can I omit the oil in the dressing?

26 kathy June 3, 2014

This looks so yummy, I can’t wait to give it a try.

27 Andrea June 3, 2014

Mmm! I think I’ll make this tomorrow! What brand of soba noodles did you use?

28 Melissa | Suitcase and Heels June 3, 2014

I’m working a new job though that has longer hours so I’m really in the market for quick meals. I love the idea of making my own sauces too since I can make what I need and not end up with a fridge full of partially used bottles of store-bought sauce.

29 Nicole June 3, 2014

Years… it will be years. I have an 18 month old, and we’re going through the toddler stage here for the 3rd time. I have very limited quality time in the kitchen, and I appreciate quick and healthy meals, because sometimes its quite the challenge to get dinner on the table. Thanks, this looks delicious! :)

30 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 3, 2014

The homemade teriyaki sauce sounds so delicious! I’m a big fan of soba noodles so I’ll definitely pin this recipe and give it a try!

31 Amanda June 3, 2014

So far every recipe of yours that I’ve tried has been a huge success… this one is next and I’m already expecting it to be a favorite.

32 Kim June 3, 2014

Angela, have you seen the new black bean pasta at Costco? The only ingredients are black beans + water! Half their dry weight is protein and the texture is amazing! I am going to try this recipe with those noodles!

33 Marcie June 3, 2014

I just made this for dinner. I wasn’t sure what to make and this was so easy to put together with what I had in the fridge. I used bok choy from my CSA in it also! I didn’t have soba noodles in the pantry so I just used some whole wheat spaghetti noodles!

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

great subs! Thanks for your feedback.

35 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar June 3, 2014

So many yummy flavours in this!!

36 Lindsay June 3, 2014

WOW, another great recipe from you that I must try. I feel like the only meals I make are yours :) You’re the best!

37 Jaime June 3, 2014

I was on my own tonight for dinner and was dreaded making anything. Until I saw this post! I had almost everything, already…so it was a no Brainer! I subbed in spiraled zucchini and regular white onion instead. I need to get a julienne peeler though. It was a delish meal!!!/

38 Jessica Q June 3, 2014

I’m pretty sure you can see into my refrigerator!!! Sad, limp broccoli and celery, aging carrots, and an open package of noodles…check! I had all the ingredients on hand made this tonight, it was awesome! Your teriyaki sauce in this recipe is perfect.

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

hah sounds like my produce this week! ;) So happy you enjoyed it Jessica.

40 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 3, 2014

Mm sounds great Ange! And now I have a use for the rest of my bottle of coconut aminos that we bought that one day at Whole Foods! (It’s not that I didn’t enjoy it – I just find myself grabbing the tamari on a regular basis instead. Creature of habit, I suppose!) And about the watermelon….can’t.get.enough! In fact, sometimes it looks like I’ve got one inside me too! #watermelonbaby ;)

41 Jen June 3, 2014

Yay! I am always looking for gluten free asian recipes to satiate my craving for take out Chinese food. Can’t wait to try the teriyaki sauce.

42 Jessica June 4, 2014

Kelp noodles are really good too! You can find them in the yogurt-y section of whole foods. Totally glutin and grain free! amazon.com/Sea-Tangle-Noodle-Kelp-Noodles/dp/B0019JTH96

43 Lindsay June 3, 2014

Thanks so much for posting a quick week night recipe! This could also be made with “Explore Asian” brand organic black bean spaghetti. Bought it from Costco a few weeks back: only ingredients are black beans and water, and. It cooks up just like any other pasta. So tasty!

44 Davina June 3, 2014

I only have regular rice vinegar. Is the seasoned version essential? If so, is there something I can add to the sauce to make up for the lack of seasoning in my rice vinegar? Thanks!

45 Jen June 3, 2014

Made this tonight for dinner. It was so good! Husband and little brother approved which is not easy to do :) Putting this one in my recipe box

46 Nicole June 3, 2014

I was just thinking about using up my soba noodles on my mission to clean out my pantry and you posted this recipe! I didn’t have everything on hand, so I subbed green peas for the broccoli and celery, and then added some cucumber, basil, and cilantro at the end. The teriyaki sauce was perfect! Thanks for the quick and easy recipe!

47 Nickie June 3, 2014

The Double Chocolate Dessert Bars were soooooo goooood! Cannot wait to try this Noodle Bowl! You are THE BEST!!!!

48 Karissa @ Vegan À La Mode June 3, 2014

I have to make this! My boyfriend LOVES teriyaki noodles/rice and I haven’t tried making him a healthy at-home version yet so this is definitely something I need to serve up for him! Love that it calls for coconut aminos since lately I’ve been opting for that instead of tamari. Thanks for another great recipe :)

49 Samina | The Cupcake Confession June 4, 2014

This is such a super easy and delicious dinner idea! I love how this takes less than 30 mins to prep. I’ve just graduated from college and planning to take up higher education {part time} and also work in the mornings. This is the perfect dinner after I get home hungry, HANGRY and tired! Loved it! Totally Pinning!

50 Amata Molnar June 4, 2014

Angela, This looks so delicious! But really, I just wanted to say thanks for ALL your wonderful recipes, here on your blog and in the cookbook. I haven’t tried one yet that I didn’t like! The time and attention you put into your recipes really shows, and the cookbook is by far the most lovely I have ever owned. Thank You :)

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

Thank you so much Amata! I appreciate your kind words. :)

52 Kendra June 4, 2014

I was so happy to see the coconut aminos in this recipe! I always replace soy sauce or tamari in a recipe with it because I’m allergic to soy.

53 Kathy June 4, 2014

*drooling* Can’t wait to try this one!!

54 Jeanne June 4, 2014

You don’t include the brown rice in your ingredients or directions (although it’s in the name)
. Do you serve the noodle bowl over brown rice?

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

The brown rice is referring to the brown rice noodles :)

56 Jeanne June 4, 2014

Of course……….. I have to pay more attention…..:)

57 Kayse June 4, 2014

Yummmm! This looks amazing. The sauce sounds perfect

58 Gill Ewing June 4, 2014

Looks and sounds wonderful! This will become a favourite very soon I’m sure. I did one of your power bowls last weekend and this will be added to the recipe list immediately.
Gill

59 Heather June 4, 2014

Looks great! How long would that sauce last in the fridge if you made a large batch? Thanks!

60 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

Hi Heather, Im not sure as this is my first time making it, but I would guess a couple weeks?

61 Kristen June 4, 2014

Wow, this looks great! I’m glad you’re planning to focus on quick and easy recipes for the time being. I start grad school in less than two weeks and am a new vegan, so I’ll be on the lookout for quick yet healthy recipes!

62 Katrina C June 4, 2014

I’ve been on a soy sauce kick for the past few days so I whipped this up for breakfast and absolutely loved it! I left out the noodles because I didn’t have them. I’m trying so hard not to gobble up the leftovers before lunch. Eek!

63 Linda June 4, 2014

You’re a life-saver. I made this last night – quick, easy and above all tasty, as promised! I served it with your pan fried garlicky tofu (from your cookbook) and it was a fabulous meal! Thanks, Angela!

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

Glad you enjoyed it Linda!

65 Michelle | LALL Nutrition June 4, 2014

Mmmm this look so good and I love the flavor combination – I can just taste the spicy goodness! I am such a huge fan of simple, tasty, nutritious meals :)

66 ami@naivecookcooks June 4, 2014

Angela this looks so delicious!!

67 Courtney@ The Fig Tree June 4, 2014

This looks just amazing! I love a noodle bowl loaded with veggies and a savoury sauce. I cannot wait to try this out. I just got some broccoli in my organic delivery tonight. I think I have soba noodles in the pantry. I’m set for dinner tomorrow :) Thanks for the great recipe!

68 Michelle June 4, 2014

hmmm what would be a “seasoned rice vinegar” ? I have a rice vinegar and it says on it “for soups and salads….” would that do it ?

69 Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen June 5, 2014

This looks like the perfect supper noodle bowl! I need to get my hands on a spiralizer!! Nomming down on your awesome tomato soup (from your cookbook) for lunch today (dee-lish!) :D

70 Tashiana June 5, 2014

Fantastic pictures Angela!! Your photography always manages to distract me from the food itself! :’)

71 yogamom13 June 5, 2014

I saw this recipe this morning and decided to make it. Went to Whole Foods and bought some ingredients I’ve never used before (coconut aminos & coconut sugar) & wondered if I’ll ever use them again! I dislike buying one time use ingredients but I think I will find ways to use these. Fast forward to this afternoon, recipe is made and DELICIOUS, I already made second batch of the dressing just to keep on hand in the fridge. Can’t wait for my husband to try it tonight. He is diabetic and I’m always on lookout for good, low sugar recipes. Thanks Angee for a great & easy recipe. My only change was to use 1/2 red onion instead of scallions and next time I’ll precook the broccoli for a few minutes before adding the celery because the celery lost most of its crunch. I even took a pic to send but can’t figure out how to attach to the review :)

72 Christina June 5, 2014

This bowl looks outstanding! I can’t wait to give it a whirl at home, thanks Angela :)

73 Laura June 5, 2014

Just finished making this for dinner tonight. So delicious and different. We didn’t have edamame on hand so instead we put a cooked egg on top for some protein. We also added red bell peppers. Yummy!!! Thank you and love your cookbook!!!

74 Steph June 5, 2014

Noodle bowl was wonderful! Have enough sauce for a second batch.

75 Jessica Lauren DeBry June 6, 2014

ARGH….I’m on a detox diet right now so these amazing pictures are killing me! On the bright side, I know what I’ll be making once it’s done. :)

76 Belmarra June 6, 2014

Sounds like healthy and delicious. I am a big fan of Asian recipes, thanks for sharing such a nice recipe.

77 Gourmet Getaways June 6, 2014

A quick and easy dish can mean fresh and healthy just like this! What more can I ask for? Healthy and tasty in a flash!

Julie
Gourmet Getaways

78 Natalie June 6, 2014

Ohh em geee Angela, the moment I saw this recipe I KNEW I had to make it! My family knows me (and loves me for haha) my quick ‘n’ easy vegan stir-fries, so as soon as yours came up I had to try it out! And lememe tell ya, it did NOT disappoint ;) I had some leftover rice pilaf that was in desperate need of getting rid of so I used that instead of the noodles, but regardless everybody raved about it! I’ve also been meaning to make my own teriyaki sauce because it just seems that the ones at the grocery store either have too much sodium, preservatives, glucose-frustose in it, or are just plain off. Yours really hit the spot.

I also added some pieces of pineapple near the end and let it simmer with the veg, rice + sauce for a few minutes before serving, and it REALLY made the recipe stand out. I highly recommend you try it next time you get a chance!

Thank you for such an amazing recipe yet again! I have already tried so many recipes from both your cookbook and your blog over the years and they never disappoint myself nor my family. They always look forward to dinner/dessert whenever I tell them that I’m making one of your recipes ;)

All the best!
xoxo Nat

79 CMyers June 6, 2014

I love Chinese broccoli/Chinese kale, I bet it would be a good replacement for the ‘normal’ broccoli. Oh, and add some baby corn!!!

I just finished my lunch and I’m already making myself hungy… hrm.. :p

80 Mary @ Mary's Test Kitchen June 6, 2014

<3 noodles and <3 peanut butter so this combo is awesome in my book!

81 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 7, 2014

now that’s a bowl full of healthy! :D

82 Gourmet Getaways June 8, 2014

The colours are lovely and enticing! With the addition of your homemade teriyaki sauce that looks fab, this is a must-try!

Julie
Gourmet Getaways

83 Taylor June 8, 2014

This was so light and refreshing! It was such a quick and easy recipe too which is great for an easy weeknight dinner. It’s very adaptable too–I used some zucchini I had in my fridge and and subbed tamari for the coconut aminos.

84 Kate June 8, 2014

Made this tonight – delicious! Read the comment about pineapple – darn, I have fresh pineapple – I think it would have been great with this. This is a great dish (though i used udon noodles as I could not find soba).

85 Nickole June 9, 2014

This looks amazing. I’m literally drooling over this and wish that I had all the ingredients to make this right now! What a great post/recipe and the pictures are so enticing, thank you for sharing! :)

BeWell-BeHappy.com

86 Jasmine (The Blenderist) June 9, 2014

This looks great! I don’t have any brown rice noodles, but I think I have some buckwheat soba!

87 Pat M. June 9, 2014

I made this for dinner tonight. This dish was delicious and satisfying. I am new to vegan cooking and love this blog.

88 di from the culinary library June 10, 2014

looks great and love the photography

89 LizaMay June 10, 2014

I just bought your cookbook from a bookstore in Hong Kong. You’re like an international best-selling author and stuff!

90 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 10, 2014

Hong Kong? No way! Thats awesome :)

91 Laura June 11, 2014

I had this for dinner last night (and, ahem, breakfast this morning) and it was delicious! I omitted the edamame because I am soy-free, but I added plenty of broccoli and carrots and it was just what I was craving! Going to be making it again often because it was so quick and easy. I think next time I will try it with stir-fry veggie blend, too. Thank you Angela, for another amazing recipe!

92 Ella June 11, 2014

Just made this for dinner- delicious! Skipped the celery and added a little more broccoli and edamame. LOVE soba and this was a great way to enjoy them. Thanks for the recipe!
youtube.com/user/sparklesandsuch26

93 MenuTrinfo June 13, 2014

Looks delicious and allergy friendly! Thanks for sharing such great, healthy, and safe recipes

94 Lisa June 16, 2014

I bought the book when it came out. Why by the book when most of the recipes are posted on line :(.

95 gabriella June 16, 2014

This recipe knocked it out of the park once again! It was delicious and satisfying at the same time, and all for under 500 calories. Thank you Amanda!! The only thing I have to say is: I tried the julienne peeler you recommend and it really doesn’t work for me. What did work was a thing called Veggetti that is kind of like a pencil sharpener – julienne cutter. It was awesome to add bulk and texture to the noodles using carrots, I trick that I will definitely use again in the future!

96 Lisa June 17, 2014

awesome recipe! This was a big hit with my kids too…. Next time I will double it. I used tamari instead of the aminos, I felt like it was a bit strong for my taste, I will use less tamari next time. Thank you Angela! I am a life long vegetarian and have recently discovered I am very sensitive to dairy and your website has been life changing to me.

97 Jenna June 18, 2014

Hey angela – what brand of browb rice noodles did you use?

98 Shelby June 23, 2014

I made this for dinner tonight and it was nothing short of perfect. Thanks for another great recipe!

99 Nancy June 29, 2014

I made THIS one tonight! Two winners from your site in a row!! Thanks so much!

100 Susan July 8, 2014

Thanks so much for the recipe – I made it yesterday, and it was a hit with my 3 kids (ages 8, 6 and 4). So much so that we are making it again tonight! Love the teriyaki sauce (we used tamari). The first time, the prep took me a little longer but by the second time around, I had the hang of it. Love it!

101 anna July 16, 2014

Dear Angela,

let me say how thankful I am to have found your blog!
I have been vegan for 2 years now and vegetarian for 17, this is a fresh breeze of happiness and taste.

My husband, who is not a vegan (thankfully, he is open to new things) really LOVED this recipe (he is not a big Asian food fan, let alone, the no-meat version). It is amazing, whenever I make it and bring it to work, colleagues ask me to share… (so I hide in the closet.. JK)

Greetings from sunny and warm Texas and best wishes for your wonderful soon to meet baby.

Love,

Anna

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 18, 2014

Thank you for your lovely note Anna! :)

103 Janine July 19, 2014

My daughter and I really enjoyed this recipe. I am trying to switch over to eating more vegan foods. This recipe makes it easy. Delicious

104 Rebecca July 20, 2014

I have made this recipe twice this week–once just like the recipe and once with the sauce over zucchini, carrots, red pepper, edamame, celery and brown rice because that’s what I had on hand. My daughter just turned three and has never been a great eater, but she ate all of her broccoli, my broccoli AND the rest of the broccoli out of the pan the first time I made it. Today for lunch she ate an entire plate with all of the veggies and rice! I have two other daughters who also devoured it both times, and a fourth daughter due to arrive in early October, and she and I have been enjoying it as well. ;) Major win for this family of vegan girls! This is quickly becoming my go-to website for recipes!

105 katie July 25, 2014

Hi there!

Love this, just curious if I can serve it cold? I am bringing lunch for my coworkers and thought this would be great but we don’t have cooking equipment on-site. Thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Katie

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 26, 2014

Hi Katie, I definitely enjoyed leftovers cold, so it’s really a matter of personal preference! Hope you enjoy :) My tip would be to toss the noodles in a bit of oil so they don’t stick together.

107 katie July 29, 2014

Hi Angela,

This recipe is for sure a winner cold, too! My co-workers gobbled it up and there were no left overs!
Yay, for vegan food at the office!

108 Juvee @ShikenanAfricanShop July 26, 2014

This looks absolutely delicious! Great photos by the way.. :)

109 Juvee @ShikenanAfricanShop July 26, 2014

This looks absolutely delicious! Great photos by the way ♥♥♥

110 Joannie July 30, 2014

Wow! This was SO good! I assumed it’d be but it went way over my expectations! Real quick to throw together. I used tamari instead of coconut aminos so I used a little less since it wasn’t reduced in sodium (all that I had). Also since my boyfriend eats a lot more noodles than I do I didn’t mix them with the veggies and edamame, I simply topped the noodles with them and the sauce, that way we each got the amount we wanted. I’m guessing it would have been even yummier if I cooked it with the sauce like the recipe says. Thank you!

111 JF August 11, 2014

i just learned about you! congratulations on the book; and blessings to the coming bundle of joy!

this recipe sounds heavenly! will try it for sure.
i make an Italian version: pasta and raw veggies, we all love it, including hubby and the kids. i cook the pasta separately, then drip some olive oil and a little sprinkling of sea salt. then i mix cut-up raw veggies: red pepper, celery, fresh chilli peppers if you like, onions or shallots if you like, tomatoes, and mushrooms. For the mushrooms, i clean them and cut them up, and in a bowl, i crush a couple pieces of garlic plus a sprinkle of salt, then add in the cut-up mushrooms until the slices are evenly covered — this is actually the ONLY way my kids eat mushrooms. I add this to the pasta and mixed raw veggies. Add any herbs you like, my favourites are basil, cilantro, and spring onions. Garnish with fresh ground pepper. YUM! an extra for me and my 6 year old is a sprinkling of raw nutritional yeast for the “cheese” (she’s always liked this, but my 9 year old never did). For my hubby and 9 year old, who are not vegans, they like a sprinkling of parmigiano regianno. Have fun with it, take away the veggies/herbs that don’t turn you on, and add in those that light your spark :)!

112 Karin August 15, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Tried it. Loved it. Adding it to my recipes.

Side note: I left out the edamame and put in mushrooms, and only used 3/4 of the sauce. I also used regular tamari instead of the low sodium tamari, but I think that was a mistake…it was salty. #deviateatownrisk

113 Noelle August 18, 2014
Recipe Rating:

First, I LOVE your blog! You are a genius. I am not a fan of cooking nor am I a vegan, but you make it fun and doable, so thank you. This recipe is perfect as is, which is how I made it the first time. Tonight I substituted cauliflower for the broccoli and added some kale before I added the noodles and the extra sauce. It turned out fabulous! Thank you, thank you!!

114 Joannie August 19, 2014
Recipe Rating:

I was a little sceptic before trying this recipe, but I’m now in love with it. It looks so simple, yet it’s bursting with flavor. The sauce is IN-CRE-DI-BLE. Will be doing again for sure!

115 Kate August 20, 2014
Recipe Rating:

This was omg fabulous. I am super picky about sauces and this one was phenomenal, I actually was eating some with a spoon, lol. Overall lovely mix of flavors and seasoning was perfect. I deal with a lot of food and allergy issues (gluten, dairy, nut free and low histamine) which has made eating and cooking incredibly difficult for some time. This blog helped get me back into enjoying cooking and eating again, so I am incredibly grateful for all the great recipes and comprehensive allergy info.

116 Amber August 23, 2014

This looks amazing and I love your cookbook (just about every page is marked to try or have tried! Question for anyone who has a suggestion … This calls for ginger and I notice a lot of vegan recipes rely on it; but I’m severely allergic….. am I losing a lot of flavor if I omit and are their things that substitute well??

117 Karissa @ Vegan À La Mode August 25, 2014
Recipe Rating:

This recipe is so delicious and easy to make! It’s a favorite weeknight dinner meal for me and my boyfriend :)

118 Whitney August 28, 2014
Recipe Rating:

The Mr. and I are doing a vegan diet this week and I found your blog via Pinterest. This was our first meal we tried and dang! It’s so good. I used brown rice noodles instead of soba since I couldn’t find gluten free soba noodles. It was really easy and had a wonderful flavor. The coconut palm sugar pulled all the flavors together. This one is a keeper!

119 Michele September 4, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Very good and satisfying!

120 Milissa September 19, 2014
Recipe Rating:

This was one of our very first totally vegan meals and it was enjoyed by all. I had to use brown rice because I forgot the noodles at the store but we all love rice, so no biggie. This was so fresh and healthy, filling but not heavy. Definitely right up my cooking alley!

121 Mary Rosr September 23, 2014

Soba noodles made of buckwheat fell apart. What kind do you use

122 melissa October 14, 2014
Recipe Rating:

this.was.delicious. yum! I did use Braggs in place of the coconut aminos. And I used Udon noodles – these were just items I had on hand. It turned out sooo delicious. I’m trying to limit myself to just one bowl!

123 Erek November 13, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Tasted great, but it was more work than I had time to do. Thanks for the recipe!

124 Rachel November 18, 2014

Thank you so much for these nourishing recipes. Like you, I’ve struggled much, but am now finally experiencing the peace that comes with loving yourself through wholesome food. Thank you!

125 Sowji December 14, 2014

Fabulous receipe. Just tried it with brownricenand quinoa pasta. Replaced red onion for green and yellow bell pepper for celery as that’s what I had on hand.

126 Allene January 2, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This is a great recipe! I didn’t have coconut aminos so I used soya sauce (1/4 cup) and it turned out deliciously. As is what we’ve come to expect from Angela’s recipes!! :) Julienne-ing the carrots by hand was super fussy, but it was worth it in the end, I preferred them to having larger chunks of carrot. Will definitely make this again.

127 Kendrea January 13, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This sauce is amazing! I replaced some of the rice vinegar with ume plum vinegar, which tasted rather exotic and fancy. This recipe will definitely go into regular rotation.
What Amata said :) Thanks so much!

128 Nicole Leonard January 13, 2015

I just made this and wow. It is straight up amazing. SOOOO tasty, Angela you are a genius!

129 Carli January 15, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight and it was amazing! Thank you for making eating healthy so delicious!

130 Sara January 23, 2015

This is AH-MAZING!!! :)

131 Heather January 29, 2015

So excited to try out this recipe. It sounds amazing.

132 Rita February 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this recently for me and my 2 teen grand kids and we all loved it. It has become one of my favorites!

133 Mark Morley March 11, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Excellent. It was so easy to make and tasted so good. It was the right amount for three of us. Loved the coconut amines and sugar over the Tamari sauce I have been using

134 Jamie March 24, 2015
Recipe Rating:

We are trying to reduce the amount of meat we eat.. Came across this recipe. It was GREAT! I love the sauce and it makes it flavorful without feeling heavy. This will go in our dinner rotation.

135 Dani Hall June 15, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This was so delicious! The only change I made was to use raw coconut vinegar instead of seasoned rice vinegar. It’s what I had and I thought it would be delicious in this sauce and I was right. Recipe made enough to have leftovers for myself. Quick, easy and delicious! Thank you!

136 Katharine in Brussels June 23, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Teriyaki noodle bowl–so delicious! I just finished my bowl. The teriyaki sauce was so easy, I just chucked the uncut garlic and ginger in the blender with the sauce ingredients and let ‘er rip. This is def a nice clean out the fride recipe. Mine had tofu: sautéed in the teriyaki sauce, it was lovely. I spiralized courgette for more noodles. Yum! Great recipe, thanks!

137 Hannah December 17, 2015
Recipe Rating:

LOVE this recipe. Just made it for the first time the other night. I added some tofu, for a little extra protein. I actually prefer it chilled, as more of a noodle salad. Love the satisfaction of the sweet/salty sauce, without feeling sugar-high or weighed down after eating it!

138 Jaime January 22, 2016

Made this recipe for the first time tonight, loved it! I already know I’m going to be making it again and again. It’s very versatile, can always use different noodles or veggies. And oh so easy. Thank you for posting! :-)

139 Erin February 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight and LOVED it! I am a new vegan and I am loving your beautiful cookbook and website. I have already made many of your recipes and have found them all to be delicious!!! My non-vegan husband is loving them too! Thank you, Angela!

140 Jaime February 7, 2016

I made this recipe as part of my 30 Before 30 project, to cook 300 Pinterest recipes in a year and a half. I loved it and will definitely be cooking it again soon, thank you so much!

141 Natasha March 6, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Made this with buckwheat soba noodles, replaced edamame with peas and served with home-made siracha. The kids asked for seconds. Thank you so much for such an amazing recipe!

142 Linda April 11, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I used this recipe as a base. I had slightly different veggies on hand: enoki mushrooms, baby bok choy, celery, carrots, peppers, and scallions. I used the same aromatic veggies: garlic and ginger. I had fresh rice noodles from Trader Joe’s, so I used those. I made the sauce as published, and that carried the whole dish. Simply delicious, and very adaptable.

143 RachRuss April 17, 2016

Was the recipe for the sauce changed on this posting?? I make this all the time, but I think I prefer the original sauce – any chance of getting it back?

144 Angela Liddon April 28, 2016

Yes, it’s been tweaked a bit. I’m sorry, I don’t think I have the old version for you! :(

145 Melanie April 24, 2016

Did you change this recipe? I’ve made it before with edamame, as in the photos, but now the recipe has red pepper and no edamame…just wondering where the old recipe went and why you changed it?

146 Angela Liddon April 28, 2016

Hi Melanie, the recipe’s been tweaked a bit, but you can certainly still add edamame or another protein! 3/4 to 1 cup is a good amount to add.

147 emily May 16, 2016

Why did you you change this recipe and is the old one available somewhere? I used to make this a couple times a month because my boyfriend and I enjoy it that much. I recently went to make it again and was extremely disappointed to find the recipe (sauce especially) was changed. It is not as good as the original in my opinion :(