The Big ‘Month of Vegan Food’ Round Up

veganelvisbars-9888-2

Seriously, it’s the last day of September? This is crazy talk. And just like that the Month of Vegan Food is drawing to a close. sniff, sniff.

veganglow2

vegan8

As I wrote at the beginning of September, my goal for Vegan Glow was to showcase wholesome, vegetable-heavy vegan recipes that energize and inspire you. Did it work? :) Given that it’s back to school/work season, I tried to share as many quick and easy recipes as I could. Most of the recipes I shared came together in 5-30 minutes. All in all, I think I was successful with my goals, cranking out more healthy recipes this past month than I have since before I started the cookbook. It felt a bit insane posting almost every other day, but I guess that was the point of the challenge! Vegan Mofo renewed my mojo for blogging and introduced me to many talented food bloggers in our awesome community.

From raw recipes and smoothies to healthy desserts and energizing fall-inspired soups, hopefully my recipes this month inspired you to add more vegetables into your life! I always feel my best when I’m eating lots of veggies, so this challenge was motivating for me as well. As a reader mentioned in my first post, there’s plenty of time for holiday goodies in the months to come. True story.

I’ll let you know at the bottom of this post which recipe was my favourite and which one was your favourite (based on amount of clicks the post received). I’ve also highlighted some Veganmofo recipes that caught my eye throughout the month.

1) Pink Power Detox Smoothie                                 2) Ultimate 4-Layer Vegan Sandwich

vegan1

3) Sugar-Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam + Parfait      4) Thick and Chunky Tomato Sauce from Scratch

vegan2

5) The Big Chopped Salad                                       6) No Bake Elvis Bars

vegan3

7) Easiest Almond Cookies by Ricki Heller {review}      8) Jumbo Chickpea Pancake

vegan4

9) Lightened Up Raw Pecan Pumpkin Butter         10) Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash w/ Black Bean Guac

vegan5

11) Ultra Creamy Hemp Salad Dressing (nut-free)   12) What Did U Do Fundraiser for Farm Sanctuary

vegan6

13) Luxurious 7-Vegetable and “Cheese” Soup      14) Velvety Butternut Cinnamon Date Smoothie

vegan7

Whew. What a FUN month!

The most popular recipe of the month goes to….

—-> No Bake Elvis Bars <—–  Elvis is rolling over in his grave no doubt.

My personal favourite recipe this month is a tie between my Sugar-Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam + Parfait and Ultimate 4-Layer Vegan Sandwich. Holla.

Lastly, here are a handful of delicious recipes that caught my eye throughout the month:

SO MUCH GOOD FOOD and so little time!

Page 2 of 2«12
Anna October 8, 2013

Your two favorites of the month were also my two favorites! I’ve made both the Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam and the 4-Layer Sandwich over and over this past month…so so good! I am a new vegan (just about two months now!), and your blog has been so incredibly useful with this transition. Thank you so much for all of your delicious recipes!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2013

Hey Anna, So happy to hear that! Thanks for your kind words :)

Kath @ Natural Kath October 7, 2013

I always love a tasty photo collage. :)

Elisabeth October 6, 2013

I love pasta so my favorite was absolutely the tomato sauce, so yummy!

Eliza October 3, 2013

You’re photography skills are nothing short of amazing. I can’t wait to try all of these amazing recipes. I definitely have my eye on the apple pie parfait!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2013

Thank you so much Eliza!

emily q October 3, 2013

I just had to say I love your website. Im always telling my family that they need to check out your recipes. Your amazing! Thanks for sharing so much great stuff!

Emily K. @ Leaf Parade October 1, 2013

You killed it! I made the lightened-up pumpkin butter with walnuts and it was incredible! Today’s project is to take on the apple chia seed jam with all those apples I picked over the weekend. Thanks! : )

Carol Kantor October 1, 2013

Your September posts were so much fun!! Thank you Angela! I am so excited for your cookbook launch, can hardly wait until March! Will your cookbook be available through your site as well as through retailers in Canada?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 1, 2013

Thank you Carol! Yes, it will be available in retailers in Canada like Indigo, Chapters, etc.

Mrs G October 1, 2013

I’ve made the tomato sauce on zucchini pasta at least 3 times…. definitely one of the best sauces I’ve eaten so far!

Kara October 1, 2013

Thank you for all the posts this month. September has been my first month of being vegan and a huge part of my success has been your blog! Your recipes are educating and inspiring. I cannot wait until your cookbook is out. Truly, thank you for your help. It has meant the world to me :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 1, 2013

Congrats Kara! I’m so happy you found my blog useful :)

Sherry September 30, 2013

Thanks so much for all of the delicious recipes and congrats on hitting your goal. Sadly I didn’t get to make them all, but I tried hard and managed to get through a good chunk of them – the smoothie (several times!!), the hummus (my favourite – oh so good), the tomato sauce, the raw pumpkin butter (good on apples, and better on pancakes), the apple pie chia jam (also good on pancakes and oatmeal), a slightly modified version of the chopped salad and last but not least the squash salad is in the fridge ready for lunch tomorrow. Phew!

Abby September 30, 2013

This was my favorite collection of posts you’ve ever done! I mean, I’m an avid reader and love all of your stuff, but I think I pinned almost all of these as they were posted.

I’m not even vegan, but am a true veggie lover and tend toward a vegan diet by preference (except for eggs… gotta have ’em), so these recipes blew me away!

One question about hemp seeds/hearts: Where do you buy yours? I need to check the bulk bins at Sprouts and Central Market to see if they carry them. I want to make the veggie sandwich with the hummus!