Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom, and Spinach Tofu Quiche

tofuquiche-8641

As someone who works from home, I often need a nudge to be pulled away from my work; there aren’t as many opportunities for social connections (at least, in person) and that’s something I’ve missed since working for myself. I’m also a self-professed workaholic, always with fear in the back of my mind that if I’m not working all the time everything will somehow go to shit. Combine this mindset with loving what you do and it’s a recipe for not giving yourself much free time. I’m trying to work on this and create a better balance with it all, especially now that the majority of my book is complete. A change of pace is in order! Eric asked me the other night what my professional goals were for the next year and I’m still thinking about it, even toying with ideas like teaching vegan cooking classes, going back to school, and who knows what else. Or maybe I’ll just be content to keep things as is, but with more wiggle room to try new things. Half the fun is figuring it out, I guess.

Several months ago, one of my girlfriends organized a monthly meet-up inviting a group of friends who are all fellow entrepreneurs/business owners. I couldn’t say “count me in” fast enough, knowing it would be a great way to connect with other women who are balancing their businesses (with motherhood, for some), while facing many of the same questions and doubts that I’ve faced myself. In our group we have a photographer, an interior designer, a mortgage broker, an esthetician, a real estate agent, and me, the blogger/future cookbook author. They are all such amazing women and it’s a fun, random mix of experiences and talents. It’s been refreshing to share our struggles and victories together and I’ve even surprised myself at how much I needed this support system. Self-reliance has always been my strength (to a fault, perhaps), but there is no weakness in asking for help, support, or friendship. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.

tofuquiche-8655

Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom, and Spinach Tofu Quiche

Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free

By

4.8 from 56 reviews

This was my first time making a tofu quiche and it really surprised us with how amazing it turned out! Even Eric went crazy for this quiche, often enjoying leftovers twice a day until it was finished. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. I've made this a few different ways simply by changing up the vegetables used. One version used asparagus (1 cup diced) and broccoli (1.5 cups diced), which was also very nice. The only thing I would advise against is using a high-water vegetable, like fresh tomatoes as it might result in a water-logged quiche. Best of all, it reheats well. Simply place leftover quiche on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350F. Inspired by the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook.

Yield

• 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/4-1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
  • Black pepper, to taste
  • Red pepper flakes, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a round 10-inch tart pan. Alternatively, you can use a 9-inch glass pie dish if desired.
  2. Wrap rinsed tofu in a few tea towels. Place a few books on top of it to lightly press out the water while you prepare the crust.
  3. For the crust: Whisk together flax and water mixture in a small bowl and set aside so it can gel up.
  4. In a large bowl, stir together the almond meal, oat flour (or buckwheat flour), parsley, oregano, and salt.
  5. Add in the flax mixture and oil. Stir until mostly combined, adding the remaining water until the dough is sticky (about the consistency of cookie dough). The dough should stick together when you press it between your fingers.
  6. Crumble the dough evenly over the base of the tart pan (or pie dish). Starting from the centre of the pan, press the mixture evenly into the pan, working your way outward and up the sides of the pan. Poke a few fork holes in the dough so air can escape.
  7. Bake the crust at 350F for 13-16 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm to touch. Set aside to cool while you finish preparing the filling. Increase oven temperature to 375F.
  8. For the filling: Break apart the tofu block into 4 pieces and add into food processor. Process the tofu until smooth and creamy. If it doesn't get creamy, add a tiny splash of almond milk to help it along.
  9. In a skillet, add oil and saute the leek (or onion) and garlic over medium heat for a few minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, season with salt, and cook on medium-high heat until most of the water cooks off the mushrooms, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in the herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until combined. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
  10. Finally, remove from heat and stir in the processed tofu until thoroughly combined. Adjust seasoning to taste if desired. Spoon mixture into baked crust and smooth out with a spoon until even.
  11. Bake quiche, uncovered, at 375F for 33-37 minutes, until the quiche is firm to the touch. For best results, cool the quiche for 15-20 minutes on a cooling rack before attempting to slice. The crust may crumble slightly when sliced warm, but not to worry.
  12. Wrap up leftovers and refrigerate for 3-4 days. Leftover quiche can be reheated in the oven on a baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes at 350F.
Nutrition Info
261 calories16 grams5.5 grams13 grams

1 Jennifer@knackfornutrition August 27, 2013

This is definitely going on my list of recipes to try! Yum!

2 Dana @ Vanishing Veggie August 27, 2013

This looks so amazing! I made Ashley’s a few weeks ago and it turned out so fantastic. I’ll have to whip this up ASAP!

3 Christine @ Gotta Eat Green August 27, 2013

I’ve never heard of tofu quiche before! Thanks for sharing. I’ve actually been quite jealous of all the egg-quiches on blogs lately so it’s nice to see a vegan one :)

4 Megan (The Lyons' Share) August 27, 2013

Oh wow, this has so many of my favorite things! Will definitely give it a try, so thanks for sharing! About how much almond flour/ meal did you get from 1 cup of almonds? I have some almond meal I’m wanting to use up :).

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 27, 2013

Usually 1 cup whole almonds makes about 1 + 1/3 cups almond meal. Hope this helps!

6 Terri August 29, 2013

Thanks for this, I was going to ask the same question. I LOVE the healthy crust recipe and I can’t wait to try this quiche!

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 27, 2013

Quiche has always been a favorite food of mine! It’s so easy to put together and really is good for any meal of the day. This quiche sounds wonderful! I love that you use almonds for the crust and that the main ingredient is tofu!

8 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 27, 2013

I have got to try a tofu quiche! I make a crustless one with chickpea flour. It’s really cool how the flour sort of forms its own crust.

9 Jill August 27, 2013

Does the crust hold up pretty well? Do you think this recipe would freeze ok? I like the idea of having one of these in the freezer ready to go.

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hey Jill, I didn’t try freezing it (didn’t last that long!) so I’m sorry I can’t be of help. Let me know if you do try it out.
The crust can break a bit if sliced warm, but when sliced cold it holds up great. Hope this helps!

11 Cassandra September 4, 2013

I did this tonight and my crust didn’t exactly “hold-up”. I’m not surprised though, for a GF crust. It only cracked a little during the pre-bake, it didn’t completely fall apart. Unless you’re planning on eating it with your hands it’s no biggie.

12 Jill September 5, 2013

Thanks for letting me know! Maybe I’ll just do a different crust.

13 Shanna August 27, 2013

Angela I LOVE those new recipe cards. They look fantastic!! So neat and organized. Tell Eric they look nice!

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

He says thank you!!! :) and I do too.

15 Sage Grayson August 27, 2013

I’m an entrepreneur who works from home, and I completely understand what it’s like not to have a lot of social interaction in person. Your group of friends sounds awesome, and it’s so important to have a support network. And this quiche looks amazing!

16 Rachel August 27, 2013

This is definitely going on my list. Love the new recipe cards!

17 Abby @ The Frosted Vegan August 27, 2013

I was JUST craving quiche, you read my mind! : ) I agree about the interactions, sometimes when I work from home I feel like I’m just shut off from the world!

18 Chelsea @ BigBitesLittleBudget August 27, 2013

That looks fabulous! I always hear about making tofu “scrambled eggs” but to use this in a quiche is such a great idea. Now, can you find nutritional yeast at the regular supermarket?

19 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

If reg. supermarkets have it, it’s usually in the natural foods/organic section (if they have one). OR bulk bins too. Goodluck!

20 Averie @ Averie Cooks August 27, 2013

Ange this is so impressive! How you made quiche to look like quiche without using eggs just blows my mind! And the ‘shrooms and the sundried tomatoes. Two of my faves right there and I bet the texture of them in the quiche is just heavenly!

21 Sara September 4, 2015

You should try making quiche with chickpea flour and turmeric. It looks really similar to eggs with the yellow color

22 Stacie August 27, 2013

This looks delicious and I really want to make it! What would you recommend to use instead of nutritional yeast? I still want it to have that similar egg-y color. I’ve never been a fan of real cheese and I’ve heard that nutritional yeast has a cheesy taste.

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hey Stacie, You can add a bit of turmeric to achieve a darker yellow colour – just be warned too much of it can impact the flavour. goodluck!

24 Lisa August 27, 2013

Could this be made crust-less? If not, what could be used instead of the almond meal? (almond allergies. . . )

25 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hi Lisa,
I would assume a crustless version would work – I’d probably spread it into a square pan lined with parchement paper so it can be lifted out. Not sure about the crust changes – I’ve only made it this way so far. Goodluck!

26 Emma August 27, 2013

I love tofu quiche so much! I saw Ashley’s version over at the Edible Perspective and bookmarked it- love yours with the mushrooms too :)
So pleased you’ve got some support outside the family from others in the same position as you Angela. I can imagine it’s nice to have some advice from people who can relate.

27 Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} August 27, 2013

I have never tried making a tofu quiche and definitely have to give it a try. Great use for veggie odds and ends hanging around the fridge!

28 Jamie @lifelovelemons August 27, 2013

Loving every ingredient in here… Gorgeous and delicious!

29 Alex @ Kenzie Life August 27, 2013

Oh wow. I wish I had one of these already ready to eat. Like, right now!

30 jodea @ www.chillichocolatelove.com August 27, 2013

I have to laugh because I’m exactly the same – determined to do everything by myself. Sometimes we just need to let go!

31 Katy @ Katy's Kitchen August 27, 2013

“a self-professed workaholic”- yup! Right there with you. I’d love to make this quiche for my family, I think they’d really enjoy it. It’s amazing to see such a delicious, vegan version of a dinner that’s been a family classic for years.

32 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health August 27, 2013

That group sounds like a really great idea. I often dream about working from home but I can imagine it would get a little isolating. I’m glad you are drawing support from one another.

I’ve never had quiche with tofu but I’d be willing to give it a try. This one looks perfect!

33 Christina @ The Beautiful Balance August 27, 2013

I have been wanting to test out a tofu quiche for the longest time!

34 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 27, 2013

Love your new pic, Ange! (At least I think it’s new!) And call me crazy, but I kinda like the taste and texture of tofu quiche more than egg quiche, so yours sounds amazing! That’s awesome that you found a women entrepreneurs group for support. I’m part of a similar one here, and it’s amazing how no matter how different two businesses can be, there are so many experiences that are the same. PS We really do need a lunch date soon! :)

35 Joanna August 27, 2013

I am so glad to be a part of this group too! Sooo I have been checking out a lot of your recipes and am planning on trying them as soon as my son starts school. You never know, I may be a future vegan!

36 Lori August 27, 2013

Is there any hope for those sad, sad people with soy allergies? :'( I miss quiches and frittatas… This one looks DIVINE!

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hey Lori, I’ve heard of some people making vegan quiche with pureed chickpeas or other beans…it’s something I def. want to try out! Might be worth a shot.

38 Catherine @ Chocolate & Vegetables August 28, 2013

There is a really great recipe for a bean-based quiche in the Veganomicon cookbook, FYI!

39 Keesha OGaldez October 30, 2016

Thanks for the tip, wanted to make a soy free vegan quiche. So chickpea is a perfect subsitute

40 Liz August 28, 2013

Hannah over at BitterSweetBlog.wordpress has two chickpea flour-based quiches that you could probably adapt to work with Ang’s recipe. If you’re not familiar with/used to chickpea flour recipes, I’d suggest going another route as garbanzo bean flour has a VERY distinct taste that doesn’t always agree with people. (FYI, the flavor DOES change after cooking, so: a) don’t sample the batter raw, b) wait til cooking to judge the recipe.

41 Lori Beers August 28, 2013

Great tips!!!! Thanks for the heads up about the chickpea flour….I’ve never had it before! Guess there’s no harm in trying it :-) especially if there are sundried tomatoes and mushrooms!

42 Catherine @ foodiecology August 27, 2013

I can’t get over how much this looks like real eggs! I love sun-dried tomatoes (who doesn’t?), so I know this has to be delicious.

43 Alexis @ Hummusapien August 27, 2013

That crust looks beyond incredible…as for the filling–holy yum! Love the idea of that monthly meet up. What a great way to get away!

44 Alexis @ deliciousfoodideas.net August 27, 2013

This quiche looks amazing! I’m always on the look out for recipes to cook my vegan friends and I adore spinach.

Support systems are definitely a must. I would be lost without my girls.

45 Keri August 28, 2013

Good luck with what ever future endeavour you decide to concur…

just don’t ever leave me.

46 Emily - It comes naturally August 28, 2013

Wow! I never thought of making a vegan quiche. And all my favourite quiche flavours! Bit concerned about the fat content though?!?! Should I be?

47 Bulut August 28, 2013

Looks so good! If you ever want to make a soy-free version, you should try chickpea flour. The taste and texture turn out surprisingly authentic!

48 Sara September 4, 2015

Yes, I have a recipe for quiche with chickpea flour and it’s so delicious. I love how chickpea flour is a lot lower in fat than tofu is.

Here’s my recipe: https://www.carobcherub.com/low-fat-quiche-sourdough-crust/

49 Anele @ Success Along the Weigh August 28, 2013

Okay, you’ve got me totally intrigued! I’m going to try this because I didn’t know you could do tofu quiche!

Also, is it weird that I really like your quiche pan? :)

50 Stacy August 28, 2013

This looks delicious! Can regular flour be used in place of almond flour in the crust (we have nut allergies in our house)? Thanks for all the amazing recipes – I’ve been slightly addicted to the Blueberry Banana Pie Overnight Oats lately (just finished a bowl). :)

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hey Stacy, I haven’t tried the crust with other types of flour, but if you do let me know how it goes! I’m really not sure what to expect when subbing in crust recipes as they can be finicky at times.

52 Gwyneth Dunsford September 22, 2013

I subbed the almond meal with Bob’s Red Mill GF flour. Worked out just fine!
I also subbed in the mushrooms for fresh fall zucchini.

53 Audrey October 31, 2013

How much did flour did you use? I’m not gluten-intolerant or avoidant, and I’m trying to find a way to use ww flour for the recipe. Thanks :)

54 Soo June 15, 2014

Hi I know this is a little late but I just made this today and subbed sunflower seed “flour”. I ground up sunflower seeds in my magic bullet with the flat blade. Worked great, achieved a nice crust. Read a post on paleo parents that suggested this as an equal sub to almond flour for those of us with nut allergies.

55 Karoline August 28, 2013

Looks amazing! Any thoughts on an almond replacement? My son has an intolerance. Thanks!

56 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen August 28, 2013

I’ve had tofu as scrambled “eggs” before, but never as a quiche. I really want to try this!

Also that meet up sounds great – it must be nice to chat with people who you can relate with.

57 Lesley August 28, 2013

Hi Angela! This looks great. I have a question though — normally you shy away from using tofu in many of your recipes. What made you decide to try it in this one? Just curious!

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hey Lesley,
I wasn’t eating tofu for a while because I was trying to figure out the cause of my allergic reaction earlier this year. However, I’ve been bringing it back into my diet at long last.

59 Lesley August 29, 2013

Ah, makes sense! In that case, I look forward to more tofu recipes!

60 Cassandra August 28, 2013

Synchronicity! I just made a tofu quiche on Monday night, with kale and fresh basil. Quiche is great when it’s hot out because it can be eaten at any temperature. I didn’t make a crust, but yours looks fantastic!

61 Suzanne @ hello, veggy! August 28, 2013

Strangely enough I have never made a quiche with a crust. I haven’t even had quiche since going vegan! This recipe looks like a good one to try!

62 Andrea B. August 28, 2013

I think you would be amazing at teaching some vegan cooking classes!! I can’t wait to see your cookbook and to see where you go from there.

I’m definitely bookmarking this recipe. I’ve never used tofu in place of “eggs” but this really looks amazing! I’m hoping my husband will like it as much as yours :)

63 Christina @ Pinch of Healthy August 28, 2013

I have been wanting to try out tofu quiche and looks like I finally will using this recipe, thanks :)

64 Ashley August 28, 2013

Chris and I also LOVE this meal and now you’re reminded me to make it again. :) I wish I could be a part of your business group. I could definitely use something like that!

65 Heidi Kokborg August 28, 2013

You should definitely teach some vegan cooking classes! I surely would come. I use so many of your recipes, so taking at class you taught would be amazing. And I can’t wait to try this recipe! I love love love sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach so I don’t really have a choice – I just have to make it!

66 Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} August 28, 2013

This looks amazing Angela!

67 Andrea August 28, 2013

This recipe is gorgeous! I’ve used tofu for scrambles before but never quiche. Brilliant! I sometimes have a problem with mushrooms and spinach being too watery in the scrambles…do you notice this problem with the quiche also? Does it affect cooking time or preparation at all?

68 Jessica @ conveganence August 28, 2013

I came here to comment on the amazing quiche but what you said about working from home really resonates with me. I recently made the transition from lawyering (being around people ALL the time) to entrepreneurship (being alone most of the time). When I first started my business, I thought I’d have all this free time and flexibility–wrong!! And do you agree that running a food related business from home is especially difficult? Every time you open the fridge and see the bags of produce, you’re reminded that you have work to do! There’s no separation between home and work, and the result is that you can never really give yourself a day off.

I also agree that it’s important to meet people who are also self-employed entrepreneurs. It’s always nice to talk to someone who can relate to what you’re going through and give you fresh ideas when you’re stuck in your own head all day.

One more thing: if you taught vegan cooking classes, I’m sure there would be a year-long wait list to sign up!

69 linda August 28, 2013

You had me going until Tofu not a believer in soy. Do you recommend a substitute.

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hi Linda, I’ve heard of some ppl using pureed chickpeas or other beans as a sub – might be worth a shot! I haven’t tried it myself though.

71 Liz August 28, 2013

72 Kelly August 28, 2013

Hello Angela – is there any substiture for Tofu? For health reasons, I do not like to consume hormone rich and processed food like Tofu. Can you recommend a substitute for the Tofu (other than eggs)?

Kelly

73 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2013

Hey Kelly, I’ve heard of some ppl using pureed chickpeas or other beans in vegan quiche’s – might be worth a shot! I’d like to try it out sometime.

74 char eats greens August 28, 2013

I JUST took the Sprouted Kitchen out of the library last week and browsed through it that very night. Too funny!! I’ve never attempted a tofu quiche yet (just tofu scramble), but I’d need to get a tart pan first!!

75 Liz August 28, 2013

Char,
Before I got my quiche pan, I just used a pie plate, and things always came out perfectly.

76 Maria Tadic August 28, 2013

I’ve never made a tofu quiche before, but this looks so good! My husband is vegan (Im only a vegetarian) and this would be the perfect thing for both of us!!

77 Michelle @ Esculent Dreams August 28, 2013

Been a while since I’ve visited but your site looks so great! Thanks for this GF quiche recipe! Recently discovered I have a gluten intolerance =/

78 Marlene Keys August 28, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to tell you that I am new to your blog/recipes, and I absolutely love both (the personally sharing and the fabulous food). I can’t wait for your material to arrive in my in-basket. So grateful, thank you!

79 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 29, 2013

Aw thank you, that means so much to me!

80 McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN | Nutrition Stripped August 28, 2013

So beautiful! And obviously sounds delicious!

81 Katie @ Produce on Parade August 28, 2013

I love quiche but since going vegan, it hasn’t graced my lips. I was thrilled to see this in my email! It’s so beautiful, thanks for sharing!

82 kimmythevegan August 28, 2013

Ok, I was all set to skim this post expecting it not to be gluten-free. What a fun & pleasant surprise =) I’m looking forward to trying this out!

It is hard to find a balance sometimes – you just want to be able to do everything, but we’re only human. Be kind to yourself, you are a vegan superhero as it is and you rock =)

83 Alexie August 28, 2013

Awesome! turns out i have all the ingredients for the filling so i’ll be making a frittata instead of a quiche :P Looks yummy!

84 Liz August 28, 2013

Ang,
I see that you’re eating soy again. Does that mean you finally figured out what was causing those skin reactions? Did anything end up being nixed from your diet entirely? Was it food allergies/intolerances or something else? Or have you not yet determined what is/was going on?

85 Cat August 28, 2013

LOVE your site! All the recipes I’ve tried have been delicious! I have a question… I’ve recently found out that I am intolerant to almonds and I was wondering if you had any recommendations for different nut or seed flours that I could substitute. I’ve recently seen hazelnut flour in my grocery store and have heard grinding sunflower seeds could work but would be interested in your opinion/advice. Thanks!

86 Brittany @WeHeartVegan August 28, 2013

Amazing recipe (as usual)! Do you think this quiche is freezable?

87 Robert @ Raw Milk Brew August 29, 2013

Wow, Sun dried tomatos, I have never tasted that. Thats a great recipe and i cant wait to try it with my wife at home.

88 Gina August 29, 2013

I LOVE this recipe! I just used the veggies I had on hand and it is so tasty! My husband and I are recent vegans and we pretty much live off of your blog!! Amazing! :)

89 Magen August 29, 2013

I made this for dinner last night! It was delicious… and it was also delicious for breakfast and an afternoon pre-zumba snack :)

90 Cory August 30, 2013

I made this last night. It was so good!(Except for the part where I checked the quiche and burned my hand really badly on the inside of the stove..ouch, ouch…)
Can’t wait to try it with olives.

91 Sarah S. August 30, 2013

This is absolutely scrumptious! I followed the recipe, except for subbing the basil for parsley and the sun-dried tomatoes for fresh cherry tomatoes, as it’s what I had on hand. So fresh and comforting, this one goes into the favorites list! Thank you so much Angela!

92 Emma Warner August 30, 2013

I made this recipe for dinner last night with a side of your “Go To Kale Salad” and my family LOVED them BOTH. I haven’t had quiche since going vegan 2 years ago, and this one tasted WAY better than how I remember quiche tasting before I went vegan. The crust is AMAZING…my husband loved the crust so much that he asked if I could also make the crust sweet, rather than savory, and make a peach pie with it.
Angela, THANK YOU for testing the recipes before you post them. Every single recipe I have made of yours turns out really well – they are SO reliable and not too complicated. I have made other recipes from cookbooks, and some have been inedible after hours in the kitchen even when I follow the directions perfectly. I really appreciate the work you put into testing your recipes…I keep finding ones that we LOVE!! :)

93 Donna August 30, 2013

FABULOUS offering…great make-ahead dinner with a simple green salad!…Question…I only have “Tofu Soyeux” in the fridge…would this be too soft?…Does it need to be “firm” tofu?..I think my type is for making desserts?..I bought it in a French “bio” health food store here.

Thanks for any advice!

94 Leslie August 30, 2013

I love your recipes! I just gave up wheat/wheat and have been a vegan for over 5 years. Thanks for sharing your delicious food!

95 Suniti August 31, 2013

How much flour does 1 cup buckwheat groats make? I have buckwheat flour and don’t know how I would grind the groats into flour without a vitamix. Thanks!!

96 Jessica August 31, 2013

I’m obsessed with how good this crust came out. I substituted thyme for parsley and it was incredible!
Thanks so much for your amazing recipes!

97 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 1, 2013

So glad you enjoyed it! We love it too :)

98 Kris S. August 31, 2013

I made this tonight for dinner along with a simple green salad. It was DELICIOUS!!! Every recipe from you I have tried is great! Can’t wait for the cookbook!! You are very talented and thank you for sharing!

99 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 1, 2013

Thank you so much Kris, so happy to hear that!

100 PiadieTolle September 2, 2013

Can´t wait to try this out tomorrow, but i just don´t get where the yeast comes in? Am i overlooking something?

101 PiadieTolle September 2, 2013

Oh man, i just found it. Forget i ever asked…*blushing*

102 Kailee Larson September 2, 2013

I made this today and YUM!!! It was so delicious and my husband loved it!

103 Cristal September 2, 2013

Just made a variation with broccoli and red pepper. I am amazed that it tasted so good. Not a weird texture with the tofu. I was glad about that. My husban just scarfed down 3 pieces. Thank you for coming up with this. Such a treat!

104 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 3, 2013

Love your variation! Glad to know your husband loved it too!

105 federico September 3, 2013

When I saw the shoot of the quiche I couldn’t help making it. I had been feeling the urge for making a crust using the almond pulp for a long time. This was the perfect chance to get into it. I modified a bit your recipe but I think I’m not far from your result. I don’t have a quiche dish, so I used a 7×12 rectangular baking pan. I knew I had to make more dough but I hadn’t a clue how much. I made a dough with 100gr rolled oats (milled), 30gr defatted almond flour (100gr almond pulp, dried and finely milled), 10gr flax meal + 70ml of water, 25gr coconut oil, salt, herbs and water as needed to obtain a firm sticky dough, as you described. I pressed and spread the dough into the lightly greased pan but it covered only half of it. So I made a second dough, kneaded into the first one and fully covered the pan. Ta dah this time was perfect. I forked the bottom and baked until golden and lightly crispy (around 15 minutes at 350F). For the filling I used what I had on hand, which was mushrooms, zucchini (in place of the tomatoes) and a bunch of parsley (in place of the spinach). I also added white wine and balsamic vinegar and cooked longer, until no liquid was left. I can’t stress enough how much important this is to prevent a soggy quiche. It turned out amazingly. The crust didn’t crumble at all and the filling hold the shape. The inner crust was a bit dense (not soggy) but crispy on the outside.

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 3, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! So happy you enjoyed it and I love your modifications :)

107 Vee September 3, 2013

Hi Angela,

Love your recipes! Thank you so much for inspiration and many delicious meals from our plant-based family!

I have a question about turning this recipe into a frittata. I am assuming I should be able to bake this straight in a casserole dish, without the crust. Any reason why not?

Thanks!

108 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 3, 2013

Hey Vee, I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t work! It sets up fairly well (the filling). Let me know how it goes :)

109 Vee September 4, 2013

Great! Thanks. Will do.

110 Josephine September 3, 2013

This inspired me to bake my first vegan quiche and I never thought it would taste so good! :) I followed a slightly simpler recipe (with a premade crust) but I love the idea of the dried tomatoes and mushrooms

111 Stephanie Howard September 3, 2013

I made this a couple of days ago…It was AMAZING everyone loved it. I was too lazy to make the crust and it was still yummy. I have been looking for a good quiche or frittata recipe for a long time! Thanks so much!

112 Ashlee September 4, 2013

Angela, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I made this for my family for dinner last night and they all loved it. It is one of the best meals we have had in a while. Especially since we are getting bored of the old “tried-and-true” recipes in my rotation. My husband snagged the rest of the few leftovers for his lunch today. Next time I think I will have to double it!! Thanks again, it was marvelous! I am so excited about your Vegan MoFo posts, and look forward to trying more. Getting kid-friendly meals can be challenging on a vegan diet and this one really hit the spot.

113 Mushrooms Canada September 4, 2013

Absolutely mouthwatering! Thanks for sharing this recipe, it’s a must-try!!

-Shannon

114 Miche September 4, 2013

Wow! I just made this (attempted to wait the 15 minutes before cutting into it, but I only made it to 8), and it is AH-MAY-ZING! I added a cup of broccoli and used kale in place of spinach since it’s what I had on hand, but other than that I followed the recipe. This is so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

115 Kale September 6, 2013

Used two cups of oat flour instead and it came out great! I also added a few teaspoons of chia seeds which made it stickier and harder to spread out in the pan (had to oil the back of a spoon to spread out the dough) I probably should have salted my filling a little bit more because i didn’t measure it out but this is really good and my non-veg fam enjoyed it a lot. Might even add another tablespoon of nutritional yeast. This can be super easy to play with.

Super great recipe I am so happy with it!

116 Sherenne September 6, 2013

Just made this quiche and it is SUPERB! It took me a bit longer to prepare everything but the end result was super yummy. Thanks Ang! Every receipe I make of yours gets me one step closer to a vegan lifestyle.

117 Brittany September 8, 2013

This is amazing! I made it this morning and substituted broccoli for the mushrooms (hubby isn’t a big mushroom fan) and it turned out fabulous!! Thank you for another great recipe- I love your blog and can’t wait for your book to come out!

118 autumn September 10, 2013

Tried this tonight! We loved it! Thanks for creating and sharing :)

119 Joanne September 11, 2013

Hi Angela, I love, love, love your recipes!!! I have just found your site and want to thank you so much. I have developed a sensitivity to Gluten, Corn, Dairy and Soy. So your site has helped me just be able to eat good food!!! I have been a vegetarian most of my life, but, now really have gone vegan:) I haven’t done very much cooking in the past, but, have been forced to get in the kitchen to survive. Your recipes are delicious and I am beginning to like cooking!!!! Do you know of a substitute I could use in your recipes that call for Tofu? Maybe using cashews or almonds mixed with something???? Your basil cashew cheese is to die for!!!! Can I use to sub this for the tofu in the quiche, how much would I use?? Many Thanks, you are an angel, please keep doing what you are doing:)

Many Thanks,
Joanne

120 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 13, 2013

Hey Joanne, So glad you are enjoying the blog! It depends on the recipes (as for a tofu sub), so it’s really hard to say. I haven’t tried a swap for the tofu in this recipe yet. I’ve heard pureed chickpeas might work though, but that would probably require some tweaking. Hope this helps!

121 Jason September 11, 2013

do you think leeks would be an appropriate substitute for the chives?

122 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 12, 2013

Yes I think that would be fine :) enjoy!

123 Karen September 14, 2013

I just wanna let everybody know, I did this recipie with a friend yesterday AND-WE-LOVED-IT!!…I’m definitely doing it again!

124 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 14, 2013

Hello Karen, I’m so happy you both enjoyed the recipe. Thanks for letting me know!

125 Emma (This Kind Choice) September 14, 2013

I made this crust using almond pulp and an extra tablespoon of coconut oil and it was great! My omnivorous family loved it too, thanks.

126 Julia (Newfoundland) September 15, 2013

Just made it for my boyfriend, mother and I… everyone loved it!!!

127 Lauren September 15, 2013

That crust is phenomenal! Actually, the whole thing is phenomenal. I just made it for dinner and have a full, happy belly. What I want to know is how Eric was able to enjoy leftovers twice a day until it was finished! I’m not sure this thing will last the whole night between me and my boyfriend!

128 Leslie September 15, 2013

Made this for dinner tonight – both my hubby (a vegan skeptic) & I loved it! The consistency was almost exactly like the egg version & although the crust was quite a bit different, I think I liked it better than the traditional pastry. Looking forward to leftovers!!

129 Lisa B. September 19, 2013

Hi Angela,

I absolutely love your blog and am absolutely crazy about this recipe! I made it last night and was so pleased with the result. It tastes cheesy and buttery and is so incredibly satisfying. My fiancé said he wouldn’t have even guessed that it was vegan. Turns out he isn’t a big fan of sun dried tomatoes, so he didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as I did, but he said the crust was really great. I am definitely going to make this recipe again and will sub the tomatoes for something else – or I’ll just make it exactly as is again so I can have the whole quiche to myself :) Awesome awesome awesome recipe!

130 julie September 19, 2013

Just enjoyed a slice of this quiche – it’s delicious. I love the texture of the crust. I used whole-wheat flour in place of the oats and it holds together extremely well. Would love to try it with red bell peppers sometime.

131 Misty October 3, 2013

Could this be made in muffin tin like mini crustless versions?

132 Chelsea October 6, 2013

Made this tonight for my boyfriend and we ate half of it in one sitting! SO. GOOD.

133 Kale October 6, 2013

I am still playing with this. I am also pureeing tempeh with the tofu and I add a tablespoon or less of miso. Amazing! The tempeh really adds something to it and it is super good for you.

134 Aya D. October 14, 2013

Looks delicious! How much flour would a cup of rolled oats come out to when ground? I dont have a way to grind it, and buy it already ground.

135 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2013

hey Aya, 1 cup rolled oats usually equals about 1 cup oat flour. hope this helps!

136 Aya D. October 16, 2013

Thank you Angela!

137 Coni October 19, 2013

Great Recipe! Didn’t have time to make a crust, so after I had completed preparation of your ingredients, I added some quinoa I had left over from a previous meal. I left the tofu in tiny chopped pieces instead of puree and the only other thing I changed was take out the oil, use vegetable broth to sautéed the veggies. Didn’t know if my husband would like or not…to my delight…He Did! I then did the same recipe for a couple of friends who came over for lunch a few days later. I served it hot over kale/spinach with a butternut squash bisque… YUM!
Thanks again for a great recipe! Your blog is now one of my “go to” places for recipes…easy to follow and love the pictures!

138 Skye October 30, 2013

I’m just putting my attempt in the oven now! I didn’t have all the same ingredients you did so I improvised! Mine was just onions, garlic, broccoli and spinach. I also added vegan shredded cheese that I had (I have had the hardest time trying to find nutritional yeast!) and I also made them in tiny tart pans. We shall see! Either way, I’m super pumped!

139 Audrey October 31, 2013

Do you have a crust recipe that uses whole wheat flour or could I just sub the almond flour for 1/3 cups whole wheat? Thanks :)

140 Zuzana November 17, 2013

Hi Angela, it looks fantastic! I’ve just put the quiche in the oven. I’m absolutely sure it’s going to be as tasty as it looks. I’ll tell you later :-)) Anyway, how much do you mean when you say “a cup” in your recipes? I guess it would help… But the pastry turned out well, even with “my size” of a cup :-)

141 miriam November 21, 2013

Angela,
This taste’s fantastic! So good! We started a little vegan food swap in our neighborhood where we all make a dish, divvy it up into single size portions and swap with each other. We end up having 5-6 vegan dishes to try for lunch each week. I just wanted to tell you that you have become our go to site for all things delicious! I can honestly say that everything I’ve made or tasted from your site has been heavenly. THANK YOU!

142 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 22, 2013

Hey Miriam, I’m so happy to hear this! Thanks so much for letting me know :) Take care!

143 Kylie November 28, 2013

I always like making a nice breakfast on holidays and this was perfect. This will be a repeat recipe for sure! Thank you!

144 Nancy T. December 3, 2013

I just made this quiche for the first time. I love quiche and was worried that this one wouldn’t begin to compare to the “real” thing. Boy, was I wrong! This quiche is amazing!

145 Andrea December 17, 2013

Do you think recipe would be ok without a crust?

146 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 18, 2013

Hi Andrea, I’m sorry but I’m not sure – I haven’t tried it any other way yet. Might be worth a try! Let me know if you test one.

147 Andrea December 18, 2013

Now I’m not sure what I will do! The crust just sounds too yummy. I don’t have a food processor yet so I was thinking of saving the money on almond flour. I’ll let you know!

148 Michael December 17, 2013

Made this tofu quiche for a work potluck. It was a hit! I will definitely make this again; planning on it for Christmas morning :)

149 James December 20, 2013

It looks great.. I just wish it was not “Gluten-free”. The Gluten free trend is great for 1% of Americans with Celiac disease, but for those without its kind of pointless and does not offer any nutritional benefit. It’s just a popular trend at the moment..

150 Lisa Kelly Terry June 11, 2015

“Gluten Free” is not a trend. More & more people are becoming Gluten Sensitive due to the Genetic Modification of so many foods. Many people who have Fibromyalgia & Arthritis are even finding that bu cutting back on Gluten, they have less pain. Not only is this crust Gluten Free but is so much healthier than any crust I have had. It is delicious. I will use it in other recipes besides Quiche.

151 Mari December 24, 2013

This is about to go in my oven, and oh my lord I am so tempted to just eat all the batter straight. Yes it’s that good. Thank you so much for this recipie! Second recipe of yours that’s going in my Christmas dinner :)

152 Patty Adolphs December 28, 2013

We had our first ever VEGAN BRUNCH for Christmas this year. This was by far the ABSOLUTE FAVORITE dish! Wow! This could and should win all kinds of awards. Thanks for the recipe.

153 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2013

I’m so happy to hear that Patty!! Thank you so much :)

154 Saul Cups December 29, 2013

Just made this quiche, followed recipe to a tee, except I also added a handful of minced kalamata olives. Results: complete success. I plan to bake up a few of these at a time to freeze for separate meals. Thanks so much for such a winner of a recipe!

155 katecooks January 3, 2014

Can the flax + water be substituted by 1 egg? I ask because I do eat eggs, and have everything on-hand to make this meal EXCEPT flax. It looks SO good :)

156 Amirah January 5, 2014

I just made this for brunch. It was SO delicious. I have three kids: a 3 1/2 year old, 2 1/2 year old and an one year old and even they gobbled it up! We didnt miss the eggs one bit. The only thing I changed was kale instead of spinach and my own vegan pie crust recipe. Thank you Angela for this recipe and introducing my family to delicious vegan recipes.

157 Phaedra January 5, 2014

That was unreal. I made it for my grandparents who LOVED it and raved about the crust.

158 Bev January 6, 2014

Made this tonight for dinner….delish!! we all loved it including my two year old. :) I will definitely try using the crust for other things….i think it would be so good with a sweet/dessert filling too! thanks so much! :)

159 Harriet January 10, 2014

My kiddos are allergic to soy. What would be a good alternative to tofu. Would white beans, cauliflower, or coconut, even be an option? I really miss my quiche! TIA

160 Melissa January 14, 2014

This recipe is seriously delicious. The herbs in the crust give a significant punch of flavour and while I was a bit hesitant to make a tofu quiche, it didn’t last long and I am craving it again already. Thx!

161 Sarah January 19, 2014

I notice many of your recipes have nuts and/or seeds. My children have severe food allergies. Do you have any substitution ideas when your recipes call for these common allergy foods?

162 Kelly J. R. January 20, 2014

I used buckwheat flour for the crust instead of oats. Didn’t use fresh basil or chives. Added some diced goat cheese instead of the nutritional yeast. And used kale instead of spinach. One of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten!

163 Linda January 21, 2014

Made this for dinner tonight…. Oh my! It was delicious!
I replaced the almonds for raw cashews.
At first, the crust seemed a little to crunchy, but in combination with the filling, it turned out amazing! Even my 2- & 4 year old kids ate their ‘pie’ just like that! :-)
Thank you!!
Greetings from Holland x

164 Tatum February 1, 2014

Hey Angela. Have you ever made a gluten free crust for a pot pie? I have a veggie pot pie recipe that I love but have not found a vegan gluten free crust to make it with….?
Love all your recipes. Thanks.

165 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 2, 2014

I don’t think I have but you might want to try the crust in my Tofu QUiche…it’s divine!

166 Tatum February 2, 2014

Will give it a try. Thanks Angela. So excited for your new cookbook. Majority Of the dinners I make are all thanks to you and your wonderful creativity.

167 erynn February 2, 2014

I just made a variation of this with slightly different veggies and I did use parmesan cheese instead of nutritional yeast…oh man so good! I don’t like the texture of egg quiches but I love tofu (especially baked) and this is totally awesome. Thanks for the recipe!

168 Mimi February 4, 2014

I tried the quiche last weekend and it was delicious. My boyfriend said it was the best quiche he ever ate and also our neighbours who were invited for diner loved it.

I just wondered about the amout of water adding to the dough – because I needed much more than 2,5 tbsp. Would guess I used 150ml. The crust was perfect at the end – I just wonder why I needed so much more water than the recipe says.

169 Nakita February 5, 2014

I made this on Sunday for a picnic and it was delicious!!! Even those who wouldn’t normally eat something like this tried it and loved it. The left overs have been perfect to take to work for lunch. I’ll definitely be making this again! Thanks for the recipe.

170 Laura Neff February 8, 2014

I just made this for dinner, and my husband, brother and I all agreed it might be the *best* quiche EVER! The only thing I changed was to add 2 of our very-happy-free-range-chicken eggs to the tofu as it was processing. Otherwise, followed the recipe to the letter. The crust was amazing (and held together perfectly), and the filling…omg! SO GOOD. This will be made again and again in our house! Thank you so much!!

171 Terri February 14, 2014

Hi Angela- this was my introduction to cooking with tofu, and I must say that this recipe ROCKS! Every part of the dish is delicious, with the sundried tomatoes really adding a great taste and texture. Thank you so much for your great pictures and “how to” descriptions.

172 Jeanette February 15, 2014

I just made this for dinner and it is AMAZING. The crust is so good I’m trying to think of what else I could use it for! Thanks for a great recipe!

173 Alison February 17, 2014

Have you ever made one ahead of time or even put it in the freezer for later? I made it and my family loved it but since its a bit time consuming I thought of doing a double batch and freezing one. Thanks! We were all skeptical but it will be a “regular” recipe around here!!

174 Corrin Radd February 18, 2014

Made this for dinner. I processed the spinach really fine to trick my toddler into eating it and it worked. He called it “tofu pizza.”

175 Caprica February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for all of your creativity! I have been going crazy the past few weeks looking for vegan recipes. I’m currently a college student and being a vegan (or in my case just transitioning to be one) has been rough, specially since I live in the south where if you don’t eat beef for every meal you are of course the spawn of satan! The other blogs I have been able to find I can tell won’t really work for me just because I know the kind of flavors I do and don’t like but yours seems perfect! I can’t wait to explore the rest of your blog!

176 Lauren February 25, 2014

Um, this is uh-mazing. Thank you Angela!! It’s been a full Oh She Glows day for me — starting with your blueberry spelt muffins for breakfast and then a slice of quiche for lunch. Delicious things are happening in my office today.

177 Kris March 1, 2014

WOW, this was amazing! My new favorite recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

178 Rodrigo Guimarães March 2, 2014

Gee! I am impressed with this recipe. Not only super tasty but also the instructions were spot on! Right timming, right ingedient amounts. I swaped 50g of The Tofu for smoked tofu. It was great. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Made our sunday happier.

179 Rodrigo Guimarães March 2, 2014

Forgot to say. You glow indeed! ;)

180 Tara March 3, 2014

I have been meaning to try this one for months now but never had all the ingredients at the same time. Well finally tonight I had it together and tried it. Wow! This was delicious, and this recipe is going to be a regular, so good!

181 Alex M March 7, 2014

Your creation looks stunning, once again! :) I bet it was super yumm!
A bit of a silly question…you said “Firm Tofu”, is this the soft/silken – Firm tofu (could potential put your finger through it with ease) or the really tough spongy-firm tofu? I’ve been caught a few times by this and bought the wrong ones and it makes a HUGE difference!
Thanks

182 Michelle April 21, 2014

I used the regular, refrigerated firm tofu – not silken – and it worked great.

183 Kyra March 9, 2014

This was delicious. I’m so glad I came across the recipe. I could have eaten the whole thing!

184 Olga March 22, 2014

This was delicious and packed with flavour! Thanks for the great recipe. The crust held up surprisingly well, I took some quiche in my rucksack on a ski trip, merely wrapped in foil, and thought I’d end up with crumbs but it was totally fine. I’ll be making this again!

185 Gayle Logelin March 24, 2014

I thought this was surprisingly good. Even my meat loving husband and son thought it was pretty good. I made it with asparagus and portabella mushrooms because that’s what I had on hand. Thank you for your great recipes!

186 Emily L March 25, 2014

I made this yesterday night and it was pretty tasty and very flavorful! I caramelized the leeks first before cooking the other veggies :)
My crust did end up on the drier side…perhaps I baked for a tad too long during the first baking step or maybe my oven was hotter than 350. Next time, I will be sure to add more water and a touch more oil!

187 Katherine Byczko March 30, 2014

I made this today and it took a really long time. It was worth it though because it was very yummy. The crust was really crumbly though and kept falling apart. When it was it the oven I had to take it out and add more water.

188 Allison April 5, 2014

Do you think the crust would sog if I prepared this in the morning to bake for dinner? Thanks!

189 Aoife April 11, 2014

Hiya Angela, just wondering i have an egg replacer powder, could i use that instead of flaxseed and water. If so, how many eggs does the flaxseed and water in this recipe replace?
Thanks Aoife

190 Millie April 11, 2014

Is it possible to use a chia egg for the crust? I’d really like to try it out!
I have milled chia seeds and mixing with water might give it an egg like consistency!

191 Tina April 12, 2014

Hi. This quiche looks wonderful and I’d love to try it, however, my daughter is allergic to nuts. What can I use in place of the almonds?

192 Vanitha Govindasamy April 19, 2014

Hi Angela
First of all, let me congratulate you on your success of your first cookbook. It’s awesome. I received mine about a week ago and I have already tried a few recipes from it. I did have a question about this quiche which I made two days ago. I went according to measurement but didn’t think I had enough pastry to fill my quiche pan which was according to the measurement you had given. If I was to increase the almonds and oats, how much more do you reckon I should put?

193 heather peacock April 21, 2014

My husband does not like sundried tomatoes. Has anyone trued it with fresh tomatoes cut up?

194 Michelle April 21, 2014

I don’t care for sun-dried tomatoes either so I used red bell pepper and that was very tasty. Fresh tomatoes might be too juicy and make the quiche soggy.

195 Michelle April 21, 2014

I made this for Easter yesterday and it was so good!!! I bought almond and oat flour to cut out the steps of making my own, and I subbed red bell pepper for the sun-dried tomatoes – worked great. Even my omni-eww-tofu-is-gross family loved it! Thanks for the great recipe, looking forward to making it again :-)

196 Naomi April 22, 2014

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! My partner absolutely loved it. I was pleasantly surprised with how the pastry stayed together and it cut easily without crumbling. Great recipe! Thanks.

197 Ramesh April 28, 2014

Hello,

I just made this quiche. I was delicious and amazingly the kids loved it. Thank you for sharing the recipe. tomorrow i will try you almond tuna salad.
Thanks again.

198 Lou Lou April 29, 2014

Hi Angela! I am writing to you as I’m shoving this quiche into the oven right now! I am making it for my sister’s baby shower in 4 days and was wondering if you knew how well baked tofu quiches freeze? Or should I refrigerate it? Please let me know! Absolutely adore your blog. Thank you for sharing your fabulous recipes!!!

199 Judith Fiore May 10, 2014

I just wanted to share that I have made this recipe a number of times over the past year and my family and I LOVE it! A couple of times I’ve substituted 2 large sliced zucchini for the mushrooms and it’s turned out great. My daughter and I are vegan and she has gluten sensitivity so this is a perfect option to all the stir fries we usually eat. Thank you!

200 Christina May 11, 2014

Made these for Mother’s Day <3 Tasted the batter and it was delicious. Thank you!!

201 Chelsea May 17, 2014

YUM! In addition to being vegan/gluten free, I’m also avoiding soy (yes, somehow I became *that* person), so I made it with the “cheese” from the site below, instead of tofu, and it worked out SO well!! Will definitely be making again!!! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful recipes!

vedgedout.com/2013/03/11/individual-vegan-margherita-pizzas-with-homemade-fresh-moxarella-cheese/

202 Florence May 22, 2014

Hi Angela !
I have been amazed at your recipes and been discovering them non stop. Finally vegetarian (and even vegan) recipes which are not tasteless salads and boiled vegetables… and the healthy sugary treats! Love chocolate and desserts. Will try yours asap.

The quiche is the first one I tried. I loved the tofu based, it was the first time I cooked and loved it. It was full of flavors and had great texture. Only thing is that the crust did not hold up at all. Maybe I will put more water next time. Do you have any idea ?

Oh and I am learning lots of vocabulary in English vegetables and cooking. :)

203 amy June 9, 2014

Made this last night and came out good! The only problem is the crust is a little dry (even with the water). Recommend an extra tbsp of oil to make it a little doughier.

204 Sarah June 13, 2014

Yummy! I made it with mushrooms, potatoes, and broccoli :)

205 Allene June 19, 2014

I made this tonight and it’s amazing! I substituted broccoli for the sun-dried tomatoes cause they’re not my favourite. I’m so happy – I haven’t had homemade quiche since I’ve stopped eating dairy at home (I used to make a quiche every couple weeks, with tons of swiss cheese and cheddar), and now I know I can make a tasty dairy (and egg?!?!) free one! Thanks so much for all your amazing recipes, my house is full of amazing food thanks to you (my husband thanks you too). :)

206 Di July 1, 2014

Thank you for this great recipe!
Question – the nutrition info says the quiche serves 8 slices, and provides info for ‘1 serving’. Is that for 1 slice, or the whole quiche?

207 allison July 5, 2014

This is hands-down one of my top 5 vegan recipes! I blend the basil and herb into the tofu and add in a few extra seasonings. Awesome.

208 allison July 5, 2014

Even meat-eaters and egg-eaters LOVE this recipe!

209 Ben Wilder July 9, 2014

I’m preparing a meal for 8 adults. I’m thinking that I need to make 2 quiche pies so that they can at least have 2 pieces each. Am I right in assuming this recipe is for 8 pieces of 1 pie? I’m also making the Caulifower Fettuccine “Alfredo” so any advice on portions I need to make would be greatly appreciated. Also, I’ve been a vegan for only 4 months, so any knowledge you have about these 2 recipes I mentioned, as far as other things I need to know would be great appreciated. I’m thinking that using the cauliflower recipe as is and doubling this quiche recipe will feed 8 adults quite well. Any response is greatly appreciated! My family (the 8 adults), their thoughts on me being vegan kinda sorta depends on THIS meal!
Ben

210 Ben Wilder July 9, 2014

…and also, is there an exact measurement for the 3 large garlic cloves? I already have minced garlic that I would like to use for that part. Thanks!!

211 Tessa July 10, 2014

I just made this and OH MY GODDESS IT IS SO GOOD! I can’t wait to make it again, because I am going to finish it fast.

212 Simon July 18, 2014

Made this quiche last night and it was such a winner! It is becoming a weekend regular in our family.

Thank you so much Angela for posting this and all of your other vegan recipes on ohsheglows!

213 Laura July 19, 2014

I made this for my friends, when I told them I was going to make a vegan dish they looked at me as if I was about to torture them but they all loved this! Turned out soo well I surprised myself too since I barely ever cook but now I will :)

I didn’t use the crust because I was too lazy to make it just sprayed my pan with coconut oil and turned out amazing!! Love your recipes and I will be here often!

214 Renee July 28, 2014

I made this recently and my husband couldn’t believe there wasn’t any egg or cheese in it. It was a wonderful dinner and all the leftovers were eaten right up. I ended up making mine without a crust, since it was a weeknight and I was pressed for time. Thanks for the great recipe!

215 Jessie McGraw August 3, 2014

I made this tonight for my Mom (not vegan) and she loved it! Thank you so much for the recipe :)

216 Catherine August 5, 2014

I made this tonight. It was sooooo good!!! Thank you :)))

217 Eric August 14, 2014
Recipe Rating:

I’m not going to lie, I was a little hesitant to try this, but I’m glad I did. So comforting and filling.

218 Joy August 24, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Have made this recipe several times it tastes amazing and is easy to make ;)

219 Sara August 28, 2014

Hey Angela, thank you so much for providing such amazing vegan recipe’s! My boyfriend is allergic to flax and I was wondering if you have a suggestion for a good replacement? I’ll be asking for your cookbook for Christmas!!

220 Tanya August 30, 2014

How can you make the crust without nuts? Is that possible?

221 Nanners September 14, 2014

Tanya, see my comment below!

222 Adrienne September 1, 2014
Recipe Rating:

I’m in the process of eating the quiche for breakfast and I want to say THANK YOU. Quiche Lorraine was my favorite dish growing up and now after 2 years of vegan eating I can have quiche again!! I might have to add tempeh bacon next time and see how that turns out. :)

You’re a genius!

223 Jennie E. September 3, 2014

Made this last night. DELICIOUS!! I would definitely recommend this recipe. Will be making this again. Thank you so much for sharing!

224 Nanners September 14, 2014
Recipe Rating:

I made this, and WOW, it’s AMAZING. I could eat this every day, except for the fact that it’s a bit labor intensive, and I try to only eat soy products a few times a month. The crust recipe is genius and it turned out fantastic. You couldn’t even tell it was vegan. It held together very well and just had the most divine texture. I actually modified the recipe slightly. I tried to make almond flour (I only had raw, whole almonds) in my spice grinder but it was a disaster (I think there was too much moisture from them being in the fridge). I ground the raw buckwheat in my spice grinder though and it was a perfect flour. I did the same with rolled oats and so the total was 1C oat flour and 1C buckwheat flour (no almonds)- this might actually be good for people that can’t have nuts- and it worked VERY nicely. The only other thing I would change is to decrease the amount of oregano, as I felt it overpowered the flavor of the crust (although I did still enjoy it). I had to stop myself from eating the entire quiche in one sitting! lol The filling was super creamy and fluffy and was very reminiscent of an egg-based quiche. The mushrooms were perfect and the herbs delightful. I threw in a little more mushroom that the recipe called for and I was not disappointed. I can truly say this is my favorite vegan recipe of all time. YUMMMMMMMMMM!!

225 Nanners September 14, 2014

Oh, and P.S. I used leeks instead of onions and you will not be disappointed! I think they give the dish much more character. Yum!

226 Alisha September 26, 2014
Recipe Rating:

OH GAWD. I just made this and it… is… delicious! It’s easily the best tofu quiche I’ve had. Thanks for the awesome recipe Angela, this one’s being added to the favourites… :)

227 Hannah October 11, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Took a while to make but worth it! First vegan quiche I have eaten, and it was remarkably similar in texture! My fav part might be the crust though …

228 denis October 19, 2014

Really like the recipe but the crust could be about a third more in amount and i didnt like the dominant tofu taste so much. i also added 2 pkgs. of ham and left out the nutritional yeast since i had none.

229 Cheri DuChateau October 26, 2014
Recipe Rating:

I found this recipe yesterday while searching for something to make for Sunday brunch. Since I knew my time would be limited this morning, I made the crust last night and covered it after cooling. It stayed together beautifully after filling and baking the quiche. And can I just say this recipe was amazing! Even several of the carnivores in our group, as I lovingly refer to them, couldn’t resist trying it…and they loved it! So much so that I only have one piece leftover for my breakfast tomorrow. Guess I’ll be making this again soon!

230 Krystyna November 1, 2014
Recipe Rating:

This recipe was amazing. I changed a few of the ingredients and added extra herbs and spices. The crust worked out great for me. Everything held together beautifully and the flavor was great. Love it!

231 Chantal November 3, 2014

Love this recipe!

232 Maxwell November 7, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Baked this to satisfy the midnite munchies and WOW! I tweaked the crust to include regular flour, and it yielded a little under how much I needed (though I was using a bread loaf pan, bc I don’t have a pie pan), but it came out just the right texture. Since this was my first tofu quiche, I was a little thrown off by the texture when I checked on it, being used to the firmness of cooked egg, but I love that it is similar to ricotta, not too creamy or too firm. I used bell peppers and frozen chopped spinach, and just threw in whole chunks of garlic (I love the surprise). And it’s cheap to make!! Will be doing this for the BF real soon!

233 Bianca November 10, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Hi Angela! I mad this quiche last night but did not get the nice egg yellow color on mine, in fact, it came out a weird brownish color even though the taste is still pretty good! I did add the nutritional yeast into the mushroom/spinach step. Maybe adding it tothe tofu instead would make a difference?

234 TK November 13, 2014

I thought this was tasty, however my kids wouldn’t eat it. Seems to be a bit heavy on the oregano.

235 puja November 17, 2014

Hi. What can we use instead of nutritional yeast? We dont get it here. Thanks

236 Sherry November 29, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Made this for breakfast today! A-Ma-Zing!!! My new favorite!!! Well Done…this is a winner for sure!! I did not alter anything and it turned out perfect!!

237 christy December 3, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Loved this! I made it for dinner tonight using some tomato basil flavored tofu I had on hand. I subbed a gluten free frozen crust, but the filling was made according to your recipe. It surpassed my expectations. Flavor and texture were perfect. I shared with a friend who stopped by at dinner time. She said she would have thought she was eating a rich cheese and vegetable quiche. She asked for the recipe. My daughter loved it too. Even my husband liked it. This is going into my regular rotation. Thanks for posting!

238 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2014

Hey Christy, Great news! So happy you all enjoyed it!

239 Avi December 5, 2014
Recipe Rating:

I just followed this recipe as is and damn its awesome! Wow!

240 Sherry December 20, 2014

Made this a couple of weeks ago and it was a HUGE success! So delicious, I am making it again this morning. This is becoming one of my most requested meals! :-) Left overs heat up nicely and would make a great go-to meal to have on hand!

241 CycleAZLindyB December 26, 2014
Recipe Rating:

Just made this for dinner and it was AMAZING!!! Forgot the garlic, used green onions instead of leeks, added ground tumeric for color and a way more nutrition yeast then it called for. (I am physically and psychologically incapable of following a recipe exactly, sometimes it works, other times, not) This time, it worked. Going into our “rotation” for sure!!

242 Amy Wardana December 29, 2014
Recipe Rating:

This is my new fav! What a gift this website is to me! I’m thankful for your work and talent

243 Jennifer Raeside January 3, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I have never made quiche before. I tried this tonight exactly as written and it was fabulous! My 6 yr old and 9 yr old loved it! I will definitely make this again!

244 Kay Colbert January 18, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Made this twice recently & it was delicious. Recipe is reliable & pie was firm after a few minutes of cooling. Used a combo of swiss chard & kale once instead of spinach.

245 Carly February 22, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Wow! I wasn’t sure how I would like this as I’m weird about food textures, but this is awesome! The mushrooms add a nice consistency and I didn’t miss the eggs at all! Thank you!

246 Willow Moon March 2, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I have been vegan since 1999, and even before that had never tried quiche. Seeing yours inspires me! Vegan, gluten free quiche – wow! I will have to try this one…

247 lauren March 8, 2015

would using buckwheat flour & oat flour together work instead of the almond flour? thanks :) excited to try!

248 Sheelagh March 13, 2015
Recipe Rating:

My goodness was this ever good! It was so creamy I would have believed there was goat cheese melted into it! Beyond amazing — would definitely make again!

249 Megan March 17, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This quiche is one of my all time favorite recipes! Is there a way for me to freeze it? How would you recommend doing that?

250 Khara March 20, 2015

Wow! First, THANK YOU!
This recipe is amazing and is also easy! I’ve been making it crust less (as I favor easy), and using theservice little parchment tulip cups (found at Target). One bowl fits 12 cups perfectly.

251 Lisa Weaver March 24, 2015

Hi, I’m thinking about making this for Easter brunch but my husband cannot have heated oils. Would regular sun dried tomatoes, re-hydrated, work instead of the ones in oil? Hoping to try this!

252 Lisa Weaver March 26, 2015

Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2013/08/27/sun-dried-tomato-mushroom-and-spinach-tofu-quiche/#ixzz3VVgl6niY

253 Mady March 30, 2015

Does this freeze well? Can I thaw it out and then microwave it (for work)?
Wondering how it holds up.

254 rita March 30, 2015

Hi! This recipe looks great and I will try it for Easter-the mushroom quiche. It asks for almond flour-I already have the flour-can anyone tell me how much flour one cup of almonds makes? Thank you!

255 Priya March 31, 2015

Hi there,
I’m keen to try this recipe (sundries tomato mushroom quiche) for Easter dinner. I see all the comments but cannot locate the reviews, can you tell me where I can read those?

Thanks!
Priya

256 Lara Maier July 19, 2015

I thought the comments ARE the reviews! :o maybe, maybe not

257 marianne April 3, 2015

Hi, can I make this without the nutritional yeast? My husband bought me active yeast and I don’t want to go back out to the store!

258 Lara Maier July 19, 2015

Nutritional yeast gives a cheesyish flavour to things, in my opinion. I’m pretty sure nutritional yeast is just for the purpose of flavour, so active yeast wouldn’t work xx I THINK

259 Nadia April 5, 2015

Hey! Just ate the quiche: amazing taste :) The only issue was with the dough, didn’t hold up so much, I’m wondering if anyone has a trick to make it hold better (or GF is supposed to turn up like that ?) thanks and happy Easter :)

260 Julia April 5, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This recipe was delicious! The prep took a little longer than expected, but it was worth it! The crust was my favorite part of this recipe. It reheated really well, and kept its shape. The crust was a little crumbly, but I think I preferred it over soft. I didn’t have basil, so I used cilantro, and it still came out incredibly. The filling was even good without being baked.

261 Bee April 7, 2015

Is firm tofu the same as firm silken tofu? I’ve only used silken tofu in desserts, and we don’t have many varieties of tofu in the UK so I’m not too sure if I have the right type? It is the clearspring organic firm silken tofu. Thanks!

262 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2015

Hi Bee,

No silken tofu is not the same. I’m not sure it would work as it is much softer and may not hold up.

263 tris December 18, 2015

I run into this mail by accident. I just made my tart using the clearspring silken tofu, as I didnt have any other. It worked great. Again , thank you!

264 Denise April 8, 2015

Hey, Angela! Love the blog!

I made this for Easter along with the Kale salad, and everyone loved the salad!
The only thing is that when I went to go try the quiche, the crust wouldn’t come out of the pan and it was hard as a rock and tough. I made sure to grease the pan with olive oil, and prebake it, but the crust was kind of black ish because I used buckwheat flour instead of the rolled oats. I also used more than 2.5 tablespoons of water, could that have been it?

Thanks!

265 Cherilyn May 4, 2015

This is super-yummy! I’ve made it several times now and it is a hit! Only thing is that mine turns out a brown color, not yellow. Any suggestions on how to get it to be that pretty yellow color?

266 Lara Maier July 19, 2015
Recipe Rating:

turmeric would turn it yellow I suppose, but I haven’t tried that out so no promises haha xx

267 Margaret May 17, 2015

Thank you for sharing this recipe! Quiche is one of the things I’ve missed since switching to a plant-based diet. I can’t wait to give this a try! :)

268 valentina May 28, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Hello from England!Angela I adore your recipes and I love the way you present them with a little story!
I’ve made the quiche yesterday and turn out to be exactly as it looks on the picture!!!
So delicious I don’t think I want to eat ever again a dairy or any other quiche!
Keep going!Amazing!:)
Valentina

269 Lisa Kelly Terry June 11, 2015
Recipe Rating:

WOW! This was so delicious ! My husband says it is better than regular Quiche & I have to agree. I will be making this again. Thank you

270 Yulia June 19, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This is an AH-mazing quiche!!! I am new to the vegan cooking and eating and I have fallen in love with this blog within a week. I have tried two or three dishes and they have not disappointed me and my meat-loving husband. Looking forward to exploring and experimenting with Oh she glows!

271 Claire June 20, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This recipe was so tasty!

Next time I will cut back on the amount of crust, but that is just a personal preference.

I also used sundried tomatoes not packed in oil. I rehydrated them for about 20 minutes before I added them in and they worked fine.

272 Jordan July 1, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I love this recipe! I’ve made it a few times, with necessary modifications due to available ingredients on hand. I don’t usually keep oats around, so I’ve been using just almond meal for the crust and it holds together well. One thing I tried this last time that I wanted to pass along: roast red onion in the oven and then combine with tofu in food processor. It adds so much flavor to the quiche “custard”!! YUM:)

273 Del July 3, 2015

Hi Angela!

I’m unclear about the almonds. Is it blanched almonds with the skins off ground into almond flour or almond meal?

274 Del July 3, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this today. It was good, I added a little more salt to the filling than I should have, but no harm, no foul. The crust was definitely hard to cut and that was with letting it cool. It was crunchy and we ate it like a pizza, in that it held together. We didn’t need a fork at all.
I liked it and would make it again, but would probably use a wheat recipe for the crust. Maybe I did something wrong, idk.

275 Lara Maier July 19, 2015

heheheh I’m planning on making this for tomorrow nights vegan night! YUM :D

276 Zofia July 23, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this quiche today and it was honestly the best! I especially loved the crust though I’ve experimented with the filling slightly. Will be making again soon. :)

277 Tiffany August 1, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This is a great recipe, and even my ‘selective’ boyfriend enjoyed it enough for me to make it again :)

*Although, we found the crust to be a bit dense and dry even with all the water. Did I do it wrong or do you have any suggestions? I’ve considered adding soy or almond milk, even applesauce?! For the leftovers I set the whole thing on a plate of soy milk for a few mins before reheating and it was great, but would like it that way from the start :)

Thanks for all your energy to share great wholesome food. Can’t wait to get back to Canada and order (both!) your books!

278 Sally August 3, 2015

Just tried out this recipe and it was delicious!!

279 yogamom13 August 10, 2015
Recipe Rating:

very late to the show as usual but wanted to share my experience with this recipe….I prebaked a frozen ready made crust from Food Lion, added the quiche mixture and baked as advised. It was absolutely fantastic and so quick and easy this way. Not a scrap left (all non-vegans at the table btw) and will make again tomorrow. I did add a little turmeric for a more yellow color. Thank you for a fantastic recipe.

280 Sally G August 18, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made mini quiches with this recipe and they turned out beautifully! I made them for my roommate’s birthday brunch and all the girls loved them. They were amazed that they were vegan. Now this recipe is a staple in our house. We make it on Sunday night so we don’t have to prep breakfast each morning. Super easy and fun to make, not to mention super delicious!

281 Emily September 5, 2015
Recipe Rating:

What a delicious quiche! The herbs and hints of almond in the crust are delicious. I substituted 1 cup of chopped asparagus for the sundried tomatoes (though I added the asparagus a little earlier than the recipe says to add the tomatoes) and used kale instead of spinach. I didn’t have problems with the crust crumbling… I pressed it into the pan very firmly and let the baked quiche cool for 15 minutes before I cut it. I’m not even a full vegan, but this recipe is a keeper!
A note on leftovers: the quiche does keep very well in the fridge. It is edible cold (I ate all the leftovers cold), but I think it would be better warmed as suggested in the original post.

282 Hannah September 8, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Thank you for this delicious recipe! Wow! Easy to follow instructions and mine looked just like the picture! The crust held up nicely to take to work the next day. Adding this one to my favourites!

283 Erin K. September 28, 2015

I just made this! It is the best thing I have ever tasted:)

284 Cozette October 27, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this recipe to my hubby when he came back from his business trip.
He LOVED it! Now I’m making it every other week as a breakfast!
Thank you very much for sharing this healthy yummy recipe. By the way I made
most of your recipes and all of them are SO good!

285 zu October 29, 2015

Hi, could i replace the almond, for grounded sunflower ?

286 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 31, 2015

I haven’t tried this, but I can’t see why not!

287 Lilan November 5, 2015

Hey, I really wanna make this recipe, but I don’t have nutritional yeast, and I don’t wanna buy it either, because I never use it. Can I make this recipe omitting the nutritional yeast?
Love, Lilan

288 TGayle November 11, 2015
Recipe Rating:

This was absolutely delicious. I didn’t make any changes.

289 Sheena Yap Chan November 21, 2015

OMG that quiche looks delish! thanks for sharing the recipe

290 tris December 18, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Thank you for this lovely recipe!

291 Patti Christensen Woodard December 20, 2015

Hi! Your recipes look fabulously ‘deeeelish! Do you think the quiche would freeze well considering the tofu?

292 Meagan December 21, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I was impressed with how this turned out! Great recipe.

293 Sheila December 25, 2015
Recipe Rating:

I made this for Christmas breakfast–it was fabulous! We savoured each bite…..thank you!

294 Rebecca December 27, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Thank you for this wonderful recipe! I make a tofu quiche each year for our family Christmas brunch, though I know my hubby and I may be the only ones to touch it. This year I made your quiche, and was so pleased with the look and smell of the dish as it came out of the oven. It looked so pretty! My family must have thought so too, because the entire plate was emptied! I had several comments from folks that thought it was delicious and asked about it. And my big brother, who always brings the “traditional” egg bake, and is a great cook—said that he really liked it and I should bookmark this dish because it was just about perfect!

295 Holly December 30, 2015

Hello Angela!

Thank you for this recipe. I just made it and it didn’t quite turn out as I’d hoped but I think I’d like to try again after some input from you. Overall, my quiche turned out heavy – the crust is dense and the filling not as light as I had hoped. Additionally, the top of my quiche, when baked, turned a not so pretty, dark brown color – not at all like the one that you have pictured which looks really great!
I did inadvertently use extra firm tofu but added a few splashes of hemp milk to try to loosen it up. I also forgot to add the spinach but other than that I followed your recipe. Any thoughts on how I might improve?

296 Diane December 31, 2015

Could you serve this room temperature??

297 Jennifer January 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I tried this last night. My husband, who loves mushrooms, enjoyed the quiche while my oldest daughter and I (who think mushrooms are just ok) hated it. HATED it. I almost never throw food away, but I couldn’t swallow it. Tofu isn’t my favorite either…though I have no trouble eating it in smoothies and soup. Perhaps since tofu is a bit of a blank canvas, one should mix it would foods they love.

298 Trish January 11, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is sooo good. I try not to eat a lot of breads, hence me never getting pizza. This is my new pizza. In my opinion, it tastes indulgent. Love it and will make it over and over again. Thank you for this!!!

299 Dani February 6, 2016

For anyone wondering, I worked out an approximate calorie value for this:
2074 calories roughly for the entire tart.
260cal roughly per slice when cut into 8ths.

300 Benedicte February 10, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made it tonight. The filling was very tasty. I just omitted the mushroom as I cant eat them. it is a keeper. I will make again!

301 Kristen March 21, 2016

I have almond flour and buckwheat flour. I’d rather just use those then buy the stuff to grind my own. How much of each do I really need?

302 Kim March 24, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just made this yesterday using a frozen vegan pie crust because I’m lazy. It was very, very good! I am new to vegan eating and this is definitely making it into my rotation of recipes. I’m going to make another one on Sunday to bring to our Easter celebration along with your shredded kale salad. Thank you for all the great recipes!

303 Angela Liddon March 24, 2016

Glad the recipe was a hit, Kim! I hope you have a great Easter get-together. :)

304 kristen March 24, 2016

305 Kristen March 28, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I left a couple of comments asking about using already ground buckwheat and oats, but didn’t get any feedback, so I was hesitant to try the crust blindly. I also saw a lot of comments about the crust not holding up, or not coming out of the pan easily. Without time for a trial run, I decided to use a different crust. I shredded 3 medium sweet potatoes and mixed in a little melted Earth Balance. I prebaked that for about 20 minutes. It was perfect!! The filling recipe was amazing. My dad’s girl friend has dairy and egg allergies, and is a big time foodie. She’s missed quiche for years, and really never tried a substitute. Her dad, a big-time meat eater, raved about it. I thought it was divine, and way better than all of the other quiche recipes I’ve tried. Thanks, Angela!

306 Angela Liddon April 7, 2016

Hi Kristen, so sorry I wasn’t able to get back to you in time! Thank you so much for sharing your alternate crust–that sounds delicious, and I am so happy you enjoyed the recipe. :) In case you want to try making it with the original crust in the future, generally 1 cup of whole blanched almonds produces about 1 cup of almond flour; the same 1:1 ratio applies to oats and oat flour as well. For buckwheat groats, though, 1 cup of groats usually makes about 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons. Hope this conversion helps!

307 silvia April 10, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I have never really liked traditional quiche, but I loved this recipe! Thank-you so much for posting it!
I just have 2 questions: how long does it last in the fridge? And can it be frozen?

308 Angela Liddon April 12, 2016

Hi Silvia, I’d say it keeps about 3-4 days in the fridge. I haven’t tried freezing it – it never seems to last that long! – so unfortunately I can’t be of help there. Let me know if you do try it out, though! I’d love to hear back.

309 Silvia June 6, 2016

Hi Angela, just thought I’d post to say that I did freeze it at the time I asked the question and it was equally delicious dethawed! I recommend this recipe to everyone. :)

310 Silvia June 6, 2016

Ack! I tried to give it a 5 out of 5 stars rating, but I see that it is showing only 4 stars! Can I fix that? I’m going to try to rate it again…

311 Leigh April 12, 2016

What are your thoughts on making this for a potluck? I have one at 9am tomorrow (short notice, I know!) – would making it the night before, refrigerating, and baking it in the morning work out? Or, how do you think it would turn out baked the night before and served at room temperature?

312 Hue Joe April 16, 2016

Good! nice recipe~ :)

313 Ruth Renwick April 17, 2016

You mention gluten free rolled oats for those who are g f..but you use nutritional yeast..Last time i looked for my friend who is g free, she cannot have anything with n yeast as its not to be eaten by those on a g f diet..am I right? not sure as I am not g f but i researched on line..

314 Teri May 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just ate my first slice of the sundried tomatoes, mushroom and spinach quiche. Turned out great! Forgot to include yeast in quiche mixture so I just sprinkled it on top. Oh, I am glowing!

315 eva June 14, 2016

This was great! I missed quiche so much, but now it’s back on the menu. Will be making this all the time.

Thank you for bringing quiche back into my life!

316 Angela Liddon June 14, 2016

I’m so glad you found this recipe, Eva! :) I hope you just love it when you get a chance to make it.

317 eva June 14, 2016

Hi Angela!
I made it yesterday. Will be making it again today. I’m in love with this quiche!
(did I mention I missed quiche? ;) )
Recommending this recipe to all my vegan and not (yet) vegan friends.

318 Rebecca Cody June 28, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This afternoon I made the quiche – auditioning it for a family brunch get-together this weekend. We liked it, I do, however, see any food like this as what I call a turmeric opportunity. Since turmeric is SO healthy I sneak it into everything I can, even if just 1/4 teaspoon. You can’t really sneak in turmeric because it shouts its’ presence with its’ mustard yellow brightness. But it fits with a dish that would be pale yellow if it weren’t vegan, so next time I’ll add maybe 1/2-1 teaspoon of nature’s little medicine chest of a food.

I also added a couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and I plan to add a bit more next time, for the zingy flavor.

It sliced perfectly – even that tricky first slice.

Thanks for a great brunch recipe.

319 Angela Liddon June 29, 2016

Gotta love a good dash of turmeric, I totally agree! I’m so glad you enjoyed the quiche – I hope the brunch goes well, this weekend. :)

320 Maja June 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

So delicious! I love the concept of tarts and quiches but I have to admit that I hate the taste of eggs; usually the main ingredient for the filling. I’ve made this quiche recently and I need to say that I’m amazed with it, as this tofu filling tastes so much better! Unfortunately making the quiche is a little messy because of the food processor part, but so worth it!
Making it again ASAP! :)

321 Angela Liddon June 29, 2016

It’s so great to hear the quiche was a hit, Maja! Thanks for the lovely comment.

322 Greg @ Full of Beans June 29, 2016

Hi Angela,
Just wanted to let you know that this is an awesome recipe. We have tried several of your other recipes, too, and they are great. I’m commenting here because we just posted about making quiche (starting with this recipe) and also about being confident enough with cooking to adapt recipes for what you have on hand. We linked to this page, rather than using your recipe (or claiming it was our own). :-)
I couldn’t find an email contact here so I figured a comment would do the trick. Our post is here: http://www.fullofbeans.us/vegan-gluten-free-quiche/
Thanks for being an inspiration!
Greg and Georgia

323 Angela Liddon June 29, 2016

Hi Greg, Thanks for giving me such a warm shout-out on your blog! I’m so glad to hear you’re a fan of this recipe. :)

324 Joana Gil July 6, 2016

Hi Angela!
I have been meaning to do this recipe for over a year now!!! But only got to do it now (meaning today!). I got recently a grinder and a friend gave buckwheat groats, so I was really happy I could make everything from scratch.

Angela, this recipe is perfect. It turned out so well!!! And it tastes more than delicious! I can’t wait to make this for my friends and family. This quiche is only for me and my boyfriend.

You really can never fail with your recipes – I have tried a few already. :)
Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I can’t wait until your new book comes out! :D

ps- I didn’t use the black pepper or the flakes as I have an intolerance to them. Still, FULL of flavour. My boyfriend adds pepper to everything and didn’t feel like doing it this time! ^_^

325 Angela Liddon July 8, 2016

Aw, thanks so much for this awesome comment, Joana! I’m so glad to hear the recipe was worth the wait.

326 Danielli Howe July 9, 2016

Just made this – its so tasty thank you! Will use again! Xx

327 Lacey July 10, 2016

I have made this 3 times nowand it’s been delicious every time, thanks for the fantastic recipe! Boyfriend gave it 9.5/10 :)

328 Angela Liddon July 11, 2016

Glad to hear it’s a hit, Lacey! :)

329 Monica August 21, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this for lunch today – absolutely yummy!

330 Angela Liddon August 23, 2016

Glad it was a hit, Monica!

331 Laura Murray August 24, 2016

My daughter made this last night. The filling was too dry so the quiche all fell apart when we tried to cut and serve it. Any suggestions as to what we did wrong??

332 Angela Liddon September 16, 2016

Hey Laura, I’m sorry to hear you had troubles with the quiche! My guess is that the tofu in the filling may have needed to be processed for a little longer in order to reach its smoothest and creamiest consistency. That really helps bind the filling together as it bakes. Sometimes, I find I need to add a splash or two of almond milk to help it along. It may also be possible the quiche got a bit overcooked, especially if your oven tends to run on the hot side. If you try the recipe again, I hope it works out better for you!

333 Cindy August 27, 2016

Can this be made ahead of time and frozen?

334 Angela Liddon August 29, 2016

Hi Cindy, I personally haven’t tried freezing it – it never seems to last that long! But another reader recently gave it a try, and said it worked out rather well. Please me know if you try it yourself! I’d love to hear back.

335 Esha Batish October 17, 2016

Every single time I make this, people cant get enough. This recipe is fail proof and so very delicious. Thank you so much!

(I use another pie crust though)

336 Jivan Dios November 13, 2016

Hi Angela,

I’m trying so many of you recipes this week! :)
This one is a absolute delicious winner. It even pleased the non-vegans!
Thanks for sharing you passion and joy with us.

Smiles,

Jivan

337 Angela Liddon November 14, 2016

So glad to hear it was enjoyed by all!

338 Desert Panz November 21, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Delicious. Keeper recipe. Only addition/change was adding a half teaspoon of organic red pepper flakes when sautéing the ingredients. I am thinking of making a southwestern version next time incorporating Hatch Green Chili; a Poblano Pepper; Jalapeño or two; corn; tomato slices; and treat a combination of Avocados and Pinto Beans (not canned) the same as the Tofu in your recipe. Crust spicing will include Cumin, Oregano, Organic Ground Pepper, and Himalayan Salt.

339 Angela Liddon November 22, 2016

That sounds delish! I’d love to hear back on how it turns out. :)

340 Sarah November 26, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I just made this today and OH MY GAWD. This is heaven. I also love the veggies by themselves before mixing them in with the tofu—I’m obsessed with this recipe. Is this just an online recipe or is it in any of your cookbooks? Well done!