Raw Almond Butter Cups

Rawalmondbuttercupsvegan-7350

I just realized that I’ve turned on my oven maybe once in the past week. What a glorious thing.

What could be worthy of turning on the oven during a heat wave, you might ask? Two words: sweet potatoes! Yes, even in the summer, heat wave be damned, I need my sweet potato fix.

This is my favourite way to eat sweet potatoes lately: Dice the sweet potato (leave the skin on), roast until tender, and then toss the cooked potato with coconut oil, sea salt, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Finally – and here’s the best part – a generous spoonful of hemp seeds sprinkled on for good measure. The hemp seeds stick to the coconut oil, coating every delicious bite of sweet potato. I seriously drool when I think about it!

But this post isn’t about roasting things like a crazy person when it’s 40C with humidity, it’s about not roasting things! Aside from my precious sweet potatoes, I’ve been relying heavily on raw foods to make up much of my diet. Raw Pad Thai, Detox Tabbouleh, hummus and veggie wraps, fruit galore, and a huge smoothie every single morning, just to name a few. Summer rules and winter drools. Period.

Rawalmondbuttercupsvegan-7334

Speaking of drooling. These raw almond butter cups! Oh my goodness. Eric declared them one of his favourite treats and this is coming from a non-almond butter fan. I’m not buying it, Eric. I have a peanut butter cup recipe on the blog already (oh, and peanut butter cups in a jar, let’s not forget), but I wanted to make something with the batch of raw almond butter I made recently.

For the almond base, I initially tried a combo of almond butter, coconut oil, and sweetener, which was super tasty, but the cups melted and were pretty greasy. In an effort to make the base more substantial, I reduced the almond butter and added in almond meal and a touch of oat flour. It was the perfect solution. Not only did it hold up better, but it tasted like cookie dough! What’s not to love about that? noooooothing.

rawalmondbuttercups

I used a mini silicone muffin holder since they are so flexible and I just popped the cups out after freezing. Easy! You can certainly use a regular muffin tin lined with paper liners though. For the thick chocolate coating, I made my own chocolate using cocoa powder, coconut oil, and sweetener. Feel free to simply use melted dark chocolate if that floats your boat! I added some sliced almonds on top before freezing which added a nice crunch.

rawalmondbuttercupsvegan-7320

As you can see the chocolate topping started to melt during my photo shoot because it was a gazillion degrees, so I recommend enjoying these straight from the freezer for best results. Either way, I wasn’t complaining too much!

rawalmondbuttercupsvegan-7347

Raw Almond Butter Cups

Vegan, gluten-free, no bake/raw, soy-free

By

5 from 4 reviews

Like the peanut butter cup candy, but so much tastier and better for you! These raw almond butter cups are the perfect solution to any sweet craving. I used a mini silicone muffin tray since they are so flexible and I just popped the cups out after freezing. You can certainly use a regular muffin tin lined with paper liners too. For the thick chocolate coating, I made my own chocolate using cocoa powder, coconut oil, and sweetener. Feel free to simply use melted dark chocolate if that's what you have on hand. Be sure to keep these chilled until just before serving and store them in the freezer for best results. I personally love them straight from the freezer.

Note: Use certified gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free.  NEW: See below for a nut-free version!

Yield
1 dozen
Freeze time
Prep Time
Cook time
0 Minutes
Total Time

Ingredients:

For the base
  • 3/4 cup raw almonds, ground into a meal
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats, ground into a flour
  • 2 tablespoons raw almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
  • 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed if necessary
  • 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
For the topping
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or 2 tbsp agave nectar)
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste

Directions:

1. Add almonds and oats into a high-speed blender and blend on high until a flour forms. Dump into a large bowl and break up any clumps with your fingers.
  2. Add the nut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup (or agave), cinnamon, vanilla, and salt into the bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined. The dough should be fairly sticky like cookie dough.
  3. Line a mini (or regular) muffin tin with paper liners or use a silicone muffin holder. Portion the dough into each muffin cup and press down until even and smooth.
  4. To make the chocolate sauce: Whisk together the coconut oil, sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt until no clumps remain. Spoon the sauce over top each of the cups, distributing evenly. Garnish cups with sliced almonds if desired.
  5. Place in the freezer in a flat area for 30-45 minutes, until firm. Pop out the cups & enjoy immediately! These are best consumed straight from the freezer.

Tips:

If looking for an oat-free option, you might be able to substitute the 1/4 cup of oats for more almond meal. My guess is that you’d need to add another 1/3-1/2 cup almonds to avoid the dough becoming too sticky. Please report back!
For a nut-free version, sub the almond meal for an equal amount of rolled oats (so use 1 cup total rolled oats). Sub the almond butter for sunflower seed butter. Works great!

1 Kinsey July 19, 2013

These look incredible! I can’t wait to try them as a snack or maybe even crumble on ice cream or put on a bowl of hot oatmeal! Yum!

2 Maggie July 30, 2013

Angela
I am new to vegan cooking but have found all your recipes to be the best! Thank you! The almond butter cups are DELICIOUS!!! easy to make, they satisfied everyone in my family-thanks!

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 31, 2013

Thank you Maggie! I’m so happy to hear that.

4 Joy August 9, 2013

I made these last weekend for poker night with my husband and friends and they never saw the light of day!!! We devoured these!! Thank you for sharing a simple but absolutely delightful treat! They are on the menu, again, this weekend for another game night! I might hide a few in the back for me….a midnight indulgence when everyone goes home! ;-)

5 Alisha @ Gluten Free Perspective July 19, 2013

I’m all about no bake things this week– especially cookies and salads. :)

6 Alexandra @ Lean Green Healthy Machine July 19, 2013

I love the twist on the peanut butter cup! The layering effect is gorgeous. And I am right there with you…sweet potatoes all year round are a must, and nothing brings out the flavor like roasting!

7 Averie @ Averie Cooks July 19, 2013

They look ridiculously good! And so satisfying with the density, the chewy factor, the coconut oil, and chocolate. You outdid yourself. And I love the bitemark photos! Right up my alley!

8 Amy @ The Little Honey Bee July 19, 2013

Oh my gosh… actually drooling as I sit at my desk. Not an attractive look but I must make these stat!

9 Erica July 19, 2013

Yum, these look fantastic!

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Thanks ladies – enjoy!

11 Lauren M July 19, 2013

Angela – I’ve looked at your recipes and it seems that the ones that appeal to me are using coconut oil. My doctor told me that was the worst possible oil to use. Can you please try to recommend a substitution that is healthier? I’ve never seen or used coconut oil. What would happen if one substituted canola? Would it work?

Lauren

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Hi Lauren,
Coconut oil is usually a very healthy fat to add to one’s diet. It’s made up of medium chain fatty acids which help stimulate metabolism and it’s also antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial. It also has lauric acid which helps to support proper thyroid function. Be sure to select virgin coconut oil if you do buy some. Obviously, listen to your doctor’s recommendations as s/he knows your unique health requirements best, but feel free to look into it more if desired. Because coconut oil firms up when chilled, there is not a sub in most no-bake desserts. In baked desserts, however, you can usually sub another oil without issue. Hope this helps!

13 Barbara July 25, 2013

A great sub for coconut oil is cacao butter – MELTED. It is richer, creamier and has a little more body to it. I use it in all of my mousse and cheesecakes now.

14 Barbara July 25, 2013

A great sub for coconut oil is cacao butter – MELTED. When it solidified, it is richer, creamier and has a little more body to it. I use it in all of my mousse and cheesecakes now.

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 26, 2013

Ah yes, that’s a GREAT idea!! Thanks for the tip.

16 Another K October 30, 2013

While coconut oil is a healthy oil to use, all oil is refined and a processed food. Try replacing it with coconut butter (should firm up when frozen in the same manner). Coconut butter is made from blending dried coconut and is a whole food. You can buy it premade or make it yourself.

17 Danielle July 28, 2013

Hi Lauren,

Angela is a very sweet and considerate person, but since this is not my blog, I can afford to be a little “rude” :-) Your doctor told you that coconut oil is the worst possible oil to use?! You should change doctors. :)

Canola oil IS the worst possible oil to use (made from genetically modified rape seed).

On the funny side, at the beginning of the century, the farmers tried to fatten the cows with coconut oil. Not only they did not get fatter, but they started losing weight! The farmers switched to corn…and it went all downhill from there.

For all the reasons that Angela wrote below, and more, coconut oil is amazing. Fortunately, we have more than one source nowadays to get informed so you can decide for yourself.

18 K August 18, 2013

Coconut oil is controversial, so I can see where her doctor would advise against it. It is 92% saturated fat. While the building blocks of this fat are better than those in other saturated fats, like butter, because it is plant based, it is still something that needs to be limited in consumption (because all saturated fats should be limited in consumption).

My favorite alternative to any fat is olive oil. However, for baking, olive oil can sometimes add an unwanted flavor. Depending on the recipe, you can sub mashed banana, avocado, or applesauce.

19 vajra September 10, 2013

Coconut oil is controversial ONLY because we were made to believe that all saturated fats are bad. They forgot (intentionally) to tell us that there are different types of saturated fatty acids. As Angela mentioned, coconut oil is made of medium chain fatty acids. Not only do they cause no harm, they are actually good for you. Cooking with coconut oil is way healthier than with any other oil as coconut oil does NOT oxidize when heated. When cooking with regular vegetable oils you instantly get a load of free radicals.

Personally I use coconut oil for everything, including various cosmetics purposes.

20 Jessie Peterson October 7, 2013

Your doctor is not correct, Coconut is very healthy, do some research before you believe everything your doctor says. I am on the health profession and use coconut oil daily we recommend to patients as well.

21 Jessie Peterson October 8, 2013

I meant to say in the health profession, not on it I’m sorry.

22 Anna-Marie October 31, 2014

I use Earth Balance Butter (it’s vegan) instead of coconut oil, and it works great for me!

23 Emily - It comes naturally July 19, 2013

That’s a much better idea than the cakes i baked for my birthday – and the perfect size for an after dinner treat – now can I tempt the husband away from his beloved peanut butter?

24 Natalie July 19, 2013

Just wow!

In agreement with you on the raw foods this week, more time to spend in the sun!

x

25 Erin July 19, 2013

I think I will be trying these this weekend! Our kitchen is in the middle of a renovation so I really have nothing but my fridge and my Vitamix to keep me going (I lied, I also have my Keurig)…. Also, just wanted to tell you that you are my foodie blogger soul mate – I love all your recipes! I follow lots of bloggers on facebook but you are the only one I get notifications for – hoping my compliment will pump you up for a great weekend!

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Erin- you are so sweet! Thank you for the smile :) I’m feelin’ the love!!! Enjoy the recipe and good luck with renovations…I’m sure it will be all worth it in the end.

27 Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} July 19, 2013

Looks delicious, and I am all for treats that don’t involve the oven! Although our AC is pretty good, so I definitely am still roasting vegetables from time to time.

28 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 19, 2013

These butter cups sound absolutely amazing! I’m pinning them and can’t wait to try them out!

29 Krisha July 19, 2013

Hi – love your blog & recipes. If using pre-ground almond meal, and oat bran (is it OK to use oat bran?) will the amounts remain the same? e.g. 3/4c almond meal.

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

They should be roughly the same, if the dough seems too sticky, just add a touch more. I haven’t worked with oat bran before, but feel free to experiment!

31 Christine @ Gotta Eat Green July 19, 2013

Oh wow – these look awesome! I have been on an almond butter fix lately so I know I would love these. They wouldn’t last too long in our house!

32 Liz July 19, 2013

I can’t wait to try these..I will just have to make a deal to not eat the entire batch at once!!

33 Anele @ Success Along the Weigh July 19, 2013

Oh. My. Goodness. Where is the drool bucket??

34 Emma July 19, 2013

Oh wow Angela, you spoil us so! These look even better than classic pb/ab cups. I bet the oat addition makes that base extra tasty.

35 Lauren July 19, 2013

Those look amazing! What would you suggest if I don’t want to use coconut oil? I’ve stayed away from all oils for the past year.

Thanks,
EatingRainbows

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Hmm, I don’t know of a sub off hand – the coconut oil helps solidify the base and topping. I’ll let you know if I think of anything!

37 Brandi July 23, 2013

I would use coconut butter. I don’t use any oils either, only whole foods. I purée dried coconut into coconut butter and it’s delicious! I use that in my recipes instead of oils.

38 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 19, 2013

These sound seriously amazing!! I never would have guess that the ingredient list would be rather simplistic, too! That is a win-win.

39 Shundara@SavyNaturalista July 19, 2013

Gosh I have not turn the oven on either; it is about 113 and the humidity has been at 37 percent, I can barley breath in this weather is unbearable. I see you got your creativity back in the kitchen cannot wait to try these cups.

40 Kristi July 19, 2013

I’m doing everything I can not to cut my oven on, and if I do cut it on, it’s in the morning time when it won’t leave me sweating in my home afterwards.

41 amelia July 19, 2013

Ooh lala these look sinful!! Whats not to love,especially directly from the freezer!!

42 melissa July 19, 2013

what can i use in place of oats ground into flour?

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Hey Melissa, I added a note at the bottom of the recipe – I would try more almond meal. Good luck!

44 Barb C July 28, 2013

I used more almond meal and a couple tablespoons of finely shredded coconut as a sub for the oats and they turned out great. The kids and my husband devoured them!

45 Ashley F. July 19, 2013

I can’t wait to get off of work today so I can make these asap! It makes me wish we had Wonkavision so I could just have one sent to me via computer screen :)

46 Stacy July 19, 2013

You are a genius! Period.

47 Katy @ Katy's Kitchen July 19, 2013

Oh geez these look good. I love keeping the oven off in the summer- sweating in the kitchen, not my thing!

48 christine July 19, 2013

yikes these look good. I’m racking my brain to figure out how I would make them w/ sunbutter since we have a treenut and peanut allergy in the house. I wonder if sunbutter w/ oats minus the meal would work. Have you tried this w/ other “butters”?

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Hey Christine, I haven’t tried it with another nut/seed butter, but I’m sure many would work. I think you could probably replace the almond meal with more oat flour like you suggested…just add it a bit at a time until you get a doughy mixture similar to cookie dough. Please let me know how it goes if you try it out!

50 Katie @ 24 Carrot Life July 19, 2013

These look amazing, Angela. I need to make them ASAP. Thanks for always coming up with the most creative and natural recipes that make me hungry every time I look at them!

51 Sydney July 19, 2013

These look amazing!! Just a quick questions: could I substitute almond lees (leftover from making milk) for the almond meal? I can’t throw away food product, so I have a huge stash of the stuff collecting in my freezer – looking for a way to use it up. Thanks!

52 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Hey Sydney, do you mean almond pulp? you could certainly try! You’d probably have to add more oat flour since the almond pulp is more wet than almond meal.

53 Sydney July 19, 2013

*question, not questions

54 Anna July 19, 2013

Hi,

I have a bunch of pre-ground up almond meal I’d like to use. What’s the approx. amt do you think I should use?

Thanks!

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Hi Anna, I would use about 3/4 cup…maybe a tablespoon or two more. It should be the consistency of cookie dough so you can play it by ear and adjust if needed. Enjoy!

56 Kelly July 19, 2013

These look incredible! Yet another reason your site is bookmarked on my computer–I always come here for inspiration!

57 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) July 19, 2013

They look like the perfect little treat!

I miss your regular blog posts Angela :-( Do you think you’ll ever come back to posting daily?

58 Hardhead Vegan July 19, 2013

You might just be my hero.

59 Ashlee@HisnHers July 19, 2013

YUM! Too bad you dont still have your bakery…I would order some of these so quick!

60 Ashley July 19, 2013

Need these riiiight now. Beautiful photos!

61 Crista July 19, 2013

oh my… those look tasty.

62 Andrea July 19, 2013

I’m so glad I have all the ingredients on hand for these! I will be making them this weekend. Your peppermint no bake chocolate bars have already been regularly stocked in my freezer for a healthy dessert.

63 Andrea July 22, 2013

UPDATE: I did indeed make these and they were AMAZING! I gave some to my mom, and she said they tasted like candy! Thanks for another great recipe, Angela :)

64 Tami @Nutmeg Notebook July 19, 2013

Beautiful! I just bought silicone mini muffin pans and these look like a good first recipe to try in them. Like another poster asked try not to use any oil in my diet anymore since I follow the Engine 2 / Fuhrman style food plans. I think the crust would work fine without it since there is nuts that already provide some healthy fats. Some melted dark chocolate could work for the topping. Thanks for a great recipe idea!

65 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar July 19, 2013

Love the look of this! I’m still making sweet potatoes too. They’re so good!

66 Serenity July 21, 2013

These are amazing!

I just made these using cacao butter instead of coconut oil for the chocolate per your recipe http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/13/easy-homemade-vegan-chocolate-instant-hot-chocolate/, and i just can’t get over how good they turned out!(or stop eating them out of the freezer!) The almond base and chocolate top melt in your mouth with rich flavor while retaining a chewy wholesome texture.

Will makes these again. Thanks for sharing, I will be trying your sweet potato method suggestion soon too!

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

I was wondering if the cacao butter would be a sub – so glad you tried it! Thanks for letting me know :)

68 Caitlin July 19, 2013

i haven’t been using my oven either. i just can’t even be bothered with it. these, though, i can be bothered with ;)

69 Jillana Miller July 19, 2013

These look incredible. Really wish I had one right now with my cup of coffee!

70 Alex July 19, 2013

How creative! I can’t wait to try these!

71 Lauren July 19, 2013

Oooh these look delicious! Do you think I could omit the oat flour and use all almond meal? I’m also curious, if I already have almond meal in the house (instead of grinding up 3/4 cup of almonds), how much should I use? I can’t wait to try!

72 Shel@PeachyPalate July 19, 2013

Divine! Loving all things raw..or cooked and cooled or preferably chilled at the moment! Having our own mini heatwave in Ireland…30C (86F) which is pretty much unheard of! We’re all melting with no air con other than the gym which isn’t exactly chilling! LOVE the sweet potato idea. Only just recently started buying hemp seeds.

73 Livi July 19, 2013

yum! these look amazing, like all your recipes. do you think I could use honey as well?

74 mary July 19, 2013

Thanks for a great recipe! Just made these and they are delicious and very easy to make. My daughter says they should be called almond joys!

75 Meghan July 19, 2013

These look so good! I love my sweet potatoes too, but in summer I roast them on the bbq instead of the oven. It’s hot here in Ottawa, Canada, I can’t even imagine turning the oven on.

76 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 19, 2013

Thats a good idea – then I can get the hubby to do it! hah

77 Jessi @househealthy July 19, 2013

Love these! I made some similar ones a few weeks ago. And I did the same thing – popped them in the freezer because I didn’t want to deal with the heat! It was like ice cream almond butter, and chocolate heaven :) I’ll have to give your version a try and use the little muffin pan. It’s bite size genius!

78 Vicki July 19, 2013

These do look wonderful!

I have just pre-ordered your cookbook on Amazon. The cover art looks lovely. I have so many cookbooks and I tend to find recipes online instead so told myself yours is the only one I am allowed to buy since I find my recipes on your site mostly anyways!

79 Marissa@ohhhsolovely July 19, 2013

these look amazing & so easy. i think i’ll try them out tonight!

80 Jessica July 19, 2013

I was going to make chocolate chip cookies this weekend, but this sounds way better… No oven, I actually have all the ingredients.. Winner winner, almond butter cups for dinner ;)

81 Mindy July 19, 2013

These look delicious! Could I use melted chocolate chips for the topping?

82 Jenni July 19, 2013

I’m afraid if I make these, I’ll eat the whole batch. I already go through almond butter too quickly! It’s an addiction, really. These might as well be called raw crack cups, haha!

83 Anna @ Your Healthy Place July 19, 2013

There is nothing like a good no-bake recipe in the summertime! I too appreciate not turning my oven on at this time of year. I love the mix of chocolate and almond butter but without using melted chocolate chips (gives me the ability to keep it totally naturally sweetened, which always makes me feel better and more energized). Love it!

84 Suzanne @ hello, veggy! July 19, 2013

It is SO HOT!! Who knew that Ontario could feel like the Bahamas. I’ve been shying away from cooking as well; lots of salads and fresh fruit for this girl!

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

I know, right? Couldn’t believe it was 34C Friday!

86 amanda rice July 19, 2013

I just made this with peanut butter and Honey instead of agave and almond butter.. and oh my goodness. Delish!!! Thanks for the recipe!(:

87 Marissa@ohhhsolovely July 19, 2013

i just made these – the “oat free” option. i did exactly as you suggested & used 1.5C of almonds total. worked like a charm! these are SO delicious. they taste just like a Reeses peanut butter cups to me!

88 Christina @ The Beautiful Balance July 19, 2013

These look incredible and I love that they are an easy, no-bake recipe! Does not get any better than that :)

89 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 19, 2013

Ummmm so you know you’re an absolute genius, right!? LOL these look amazing Ange! Love that idea for making the cookie dough-like base, and the slivered almonds too! Now I just need a party or something to take these too (or maybe just to the office!)

90 Kirstie July 19, 2013

I made these today…one batch with almond butter and the other with peanut butter…both amazing! I have them in my freezer to grab when I need something sweet :) Angela your recipes are great!

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Thanks for trying them Kirstie! I’ll have to try PB next

92 Sam July 19, 2013

I just made these and they are delicious! Its a bit colder here in Australia so my chocolate sauce didn’t really stay a sauce making it harder to spread, so they look a little messier but still taste great!

93 Terry July 20, 2013

I made these and they were delicious! My only complaint was how moist they were, almost dripping with maple syrup. Did I so something wrong??? Any suggestions???

94 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 23, 2013

Hey Terry, Assuming you didn’t make any changes to the recipe, I’m really not sure! I’ve made them several times now.

95 Nat @ the Apple Diaries July 20, 2013

Sensational recipe as always Angela ;) and a nice twist on the usual peanut butter cup. I just can’t get enough of raw desserts at the moment! I think I’m becoming a little obsessed.

96 Amelia July 20, 2013

Oh I seriously have to try this. I agree with the whole not-cooking-when-it’s-boiling-hot-outside thing. I’ve been relying much on loaded salads and other raw recipes too!

97 Valentina July 20, 2013

Thank you for this amazing recipe Angela! I made these this morning: quick, easy and so yummy!!!! If anyone wants to go gluten-free, I used buckwheat flakes instead of the oats and it worked great!

98 marissa @ the boot July 20, 2013

these photos are glorious, as is the recipe! i can’t WAIT to try them!

99 Dar Forsythe July 20, 2013

I spend quite a bit of time looking for good, healthy snacks – you know what they say, Variety is the spice of life! This recipe makes my to-do list.

D~

100 Nutritio Steps July 20, 2013

These will be such a good recipe to try out! Love how its a healthy twist on a classic! I will give them a try and share them on my blog to let other people see how amazing they are!

101 Paula Beckers July 20, 2013

And because it’s to hot outside for making coffee, I put some coffeepowder in the topping. Irresistible. Best ice-pralines ever!

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Oh I love that idea!! Will try that next time :) I have some espresso powder to use up..

103 Anu July 20, 2013

I made these this morning and they are easy and FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much for this recipe :)

104 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 20, 2013

These look delicious! And they’re the perfect cold treat for this crazy hot summer we’ve been having!

105 Kathy @ Olives and Garlic July 20, 2013

You have a fantastic ability to make me salivate over your pictures. :)

106 July 20, 2013

These are so, so going on my to-do list!

107 PJ July 20, 2013

Hi , what could be used instead of oats ?

108 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Hey PJ, Please see my note at the bottom of the recipe – another reader subbed in more almond meal, so it sounds like that’s a fine sub. Enjoy!

109 Libby July 20, 2013

I made these and they are delicious, easy to make, and also really inexpensive! I modified the recipe by using 3/4 cup plus roughly 2 tablespoons of almond flour as a sub for the almond meal AND oat flour. It worked great! I also added a pinch of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of molasses to the base. Loved it; love your website!

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Hey Libby, Thanks for letting me know! So glad to hear you enjoyed them. Love the add’n of molasses too

111 Jennifer July 20, 2013

I just made these and now I am anxiously waiting for them to freeze for a bit. I cannot wait to try them. I was so happy when I read this blog because it’s not often that I happen to have EVERY ingredient in a recipe sitting in my pantry. It was as if this recipe just clicked with my day. Thank you so much! I just recently started transitioning to a vegan diet and your blog has been a life saver!!!!!!

112 Jennifer July 20, 2013

OMG i just had these and they are AH Mmmazing.

113 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Thanks for letting me know! :)

114 Glenda July 20, 2013

Just made my first batch and they are in the freezer! They look soooo good! Of course I had to taste the oatmeal/almond batter and lick the spoon from the chocolate topping! Delicious! Can’t wait to serve them for dessert tonight! Thank you!

115 Luv What You Do July 20, 2013

Oh I just want to dig into one of these RIGHT now!
I am saving this recipe for sure!

116 Rebecca July 20, 2013

Oh, my goodness! You have no idea how much I adore you! I just got back home from the store having restocked on most of my usual baking ingredients (including fresh ground almond butter, almonds and oats) as well as some extras, like chocolate chips. I jumped on here to get the lentil loaf recipe and what do I find? THE BEST NO BAKE TREAT EVER!! Well, I immediately made it as soon as all of the groceries were put away. I’ll avoid baking until tomorrow because it is indeed quite hot and my oven heats my entire tiny house. =P Thank you for a delicious, no-bake recipe. My 5-year old son is an almond butter fanatic and he can hardly contain himself. I opted to use just 1 tbsp of coconut oil and they seem to be holding up just fine (well, uh, a couple things kind of didn’t make it onto my shopping list).

117 Mindy July 20, 2013

What a great idea to add the almond and oat flour to firm up the almond butter.
These look so delicious, I am so glad I found your blog (you are listed in the ‘Top 50 Vegan Blogs’ at psychologyofeating dotcom). I am ordering a silicone mini-muffin pan so I can make them look just like yours do in your pictures!

118 Angela Liebenberg July 21, 2013

I made these tonight! Just got new silicone baking cups and came here first to find a “healthy” dessert… oops… this just happened to be the newest recipe. We happened to have all the ingredients in the house already. They turned out wonderful! We managed to leave some in the freezer for future desserts. :)

119 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Hi Angela, I’m happy to hear they were a success – thanks for trying them out!

120 Kate July 21, 2013

Delicious!! I wasn’t too keen on the oats so added the extra almond meal as you suggested (overall total of one cup of almond meal) and it work a treat!! Also, as if they aren’t already decadent enough, I topped each one with a dairy free white chocolate coated almond…YUM! Safe to say I love them :)

121 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 21, 2013

Thanks for reporting back! So glad it worked out so well :)

122 PJ July 21, 2013

How do you make almond flour ?

123 PJ July 21, 2013

Sorry I meant to say how do you make almond meal ?

124 Kate July 21, 2013

These were awesome and loved the minicup idea.

I supplemented the maple syrup for dates in both bottom & top. Needed to add half a banana & a dash of almond milk to thin out the chocolate “syrup” but turned out tasty! thanks :)

125 Shira July 21, 2013

These look awesome. I love a homemade pb cup recipe that I make out of Kind Diet, and this looks even better :)
Though I’m normally inclined to agree with Summer rules, Winter drools, the heatwave here in TO (I’m in Markham) this past week had me seriously willing September to get here faster. I have no A/C in my car…Don’t hate me ;)

126 andrea July 21, 2013

Made these yesterday– they are AMAZING and highly addictive. I ended up needing a bit more chocolate topping than the recipe calls for, but very easy to adapt. 110 calories per cup if you make 16 cups (for those you you counting) :)

Thanks Angela!

127 Louise July 21, 2013

Made these tonight and they are amazing, thank you for sharing the recipe!

128 Kira July 21, 2013

What brand/kind of coconut oil do you use? I see you using it in a lot of recipes, but whenever I go to buy it, I’m confused by all the different options. Do you have a favorite “all-purpose” coconut oil?

129 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 23, 2013

Hi Kira, I often buy the huge tub at Costco because it’s so cheap. Look for virgin coconut oil on the label. enjoy!

130 Jessica July 21, 2013

I made these tonight and holy guacamole! I don’t know how there’s any left in the freezer, but I don’t want them to ever end…

131 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 22, 2013

Holy yum, these look incredible! You are a genius. I need to get a silicon mini muffin pan ASAP!
And I will definitely be trying my sweet potatoes roasted with coconut oil, thanks for the tip! :)

132 Claire Swift July 22, 2013

Just made these last night, they are totally incredible!! A silicone mini muffin pan would work great… sadly, I had no liners nor silicone bakeware so I had to whittle them out of the regular mini muffin cups with a knife which was difficult! However, they are incredible, especially with extra dark cocoa powder… oh, and a sprinkle of course ground sea salt over the tops! I’ll never return to Reese’s cups!

133 Christine @ www.idratherbesweating.com July 22, 2013

Thanks for the sweet potato tip. I just bought coconut oil this weekend and wanted to find ideas on how to use it. I will try that one this week!

134 char eats greens July 22, 2013

I think me and Eric are secretly besties then because I’m not a huge almond butter fan either! BUT!! before my last exam back in April, my friend brought us a pre-exam treat from Thrive in Waterloo; they were these date/nut cups filled with a vanilla almond butter and I died of enjoyment. The almond butter was so damn good. I might be a convert, but we’ll see after this ;)

135 Jamie @lifelovelemons July 22, 2013

dyyyinnnnngggg over these! amazing!

136 Tatomme @ FreshPotater July 22, 2013

I made these using dates and stevia in the base instead of the agave or maple syrup and stevia and almond butter in the chocolate instead of the syrup again!! They were soo wonderful!!! Thank you!!

137 McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN | Nutrition Stripped July 22, 2013

These look like the perfect to-go snack! So delicious, thanks for sharing :)

138 TITLE Boxing Club Dallas Central & Forest July 22, 2013

Wow those look delicious! I love my toaster oven, especially during the summer, I also have a fixation for sweet potatoes. So much easier to have one anytime with the toaster oven.

139 Kelly @ Vegan Iowan July 22, 2013

What a perfect summertime treat! I love the straight-from-the-freezer idea – so many things are better that way (Girl Scout cookies, peanut butter cups…)!

140 Suzy July 22, 2013

Hi Angela,
I’ve never used coconut oil before. I have it in my cabinet and it is “firm”. When measuring it out for this recipe/working with it, do I heat it first or use it straight from the jar?

Thanks!

141 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 23, 2013

Hi Suzy, You can use it straight from the jar! enjoy :)

142 Andrea @ Soap4Squares July 22, 2013

Angela, I LOVE these!! I sub-ed brown rice flour for the oat flour and it worked great! Also, I ran out of agave after making the base, so I used brown rice syrup in the chocolate sauce for the top instead, and it tasted great! Might be good in the base too, just didn’t try it!
Thank you again for another great recipe! Can’t wait for your cookbook!! =)

143 christina July 22, 2013

Just made these with agave and unrefined coconut oil (to get more coconut flavor). They aredelicious. I’ve been vegetarian for 30 years and just recently decided to go vegan/gluten free. This website has changed my perception on vegan/glutn free eating. Thank you!

144 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 23, 2013

Thank you Christina! That means a lot :)

145 Katie @ Produce on Parade July 22, 2013

I made these and they were soooo delicious! Thanks for sharing!

146 Brandi July 23, 2013

These look delicious Angela! I just made little all chocolate tarts with sliced almonds as the toppings too! I love almond butter, as I use it for everything….desserts, dressing, etc.

147 Beka July 23, 2013

AMAZING!! They didn’t even last 24hrs.

148 Momstarr July 23, 2013

I made these the other night after dinner and they are fabulous. Thanks so much for the recipe. I did however use pre-ground almond meal (worked fine) and I used half peanut butter and half almond butter since I was literally almost out of almond butter and that was all I had. That worked fine too. I am sorry to read that so many people are being told that coconut oil is bad. It is extremely good for you in many different uses not just cooking. Thanks again for the recipe.

149 kimmythevegan July 23, 2013

Oh my goodness, these look so good! I have a recipe that I use for almond butter cups, it’s super simple – but I’m looking to shake things up. Thanks for sharing with us =)

150 Kristy July 23, 2013

I have been eating gluten free and vegan (for the most part) for the past month in an effort to clean out all of the junk food from my body. My nutritionist specifically stated that I should eat twice as many vegetables as fruits, but I could eat healthy oils, nut butters, maple syrup, etc. in small doses and as long as it was all natural.

The big problem is that now I have sugar cravings, but I don’t want to overdo it on fruit, and I have to eat a lot of fruit to satisfy the cravings (never had sugar cravings before by the way). So, I discovered this recipe and thought I would try it. I am waiting for the cups to set in the freezer, but I wanted to say that the “dough” and “icing” were both amazing right out of the bowl, so I can’t wait to see the end result.

I am so impressed with the culture that surrounds gluten free and vegan foods. My main qualm about going this route was that I would miss out on wonderful blends and amazing taste combinations with a severely limited ingredient list. On the contrary, the ingredient list is full of possibilities, and every blogger who puts out recipes has a different amazing style and a story to tell. Thanks for what you do, and thanks for the good food!

151 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 23, 2013

Hey Kristy, Thanks for such a lovely comment! I’m so happy to hear this.

152 Kristy July 27, 2013

Update: Not only did my pastry-obsessed boyfriend love these, but I brought them in to work on the same day. Turns out, everyone loved the almond butter cups and I have shared this website with several co-workers, some of whom eat healthy as a habit, and some who just loved the dessert!

153 Kelli Ward July 23, 2013

Angela – can i just use almond flour (ground almond) and oat flour? If so, how much for the already ground meal?

154 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 23, 2013

Hey Kelli, Yes you sure can – I would use a similar amount – maybe a couple tablespoons more flour as needed. It should have the consistency of cookie dough

155 cricket July 23, 2013

OH MY GOODNESS! I just made these & they were aMAzing. (my toddlers loved them, too!) I used cacao powder instead of cocoa & topped with some nibs & a bit of shredded coconut… & added cardamon instead of cinammon… & gluten free oats.

Was such a treat & a nice change from the cacao/date truffles I usually make. LOVE that crust base! Thank you for sharing! xo

156 Danae July 23, 2013

I made these this weekend and used coconut nectar in place of the maple syrup, they were incredible!

157 Barb July 23, 2013

These are AWESOME, Angela! Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe! I’m gonna put them on my blog this week too – I will link back to you!

158 abby July 23, 2013

OHHH MMMMMM GEEEEEEEEEEEE. These are incredible. Everyone needs to make the NOW. Wow, just wow!
Thank you for sharing!!!!!

159 Munchie July 24, 2013

I have made these at least 4 times.. Cannot keep them in the freezer. Who needs any other dessert!? Thanks for perfecting all of your recipes before releasing to us, Angela. Yours is my go-to website to keep me on the nutritious road to health.

160 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 24, 2013

So glad you enjoy them so much!

161 Desiree July 24, 2013

I made these and they came out perfect! I did have just a small amount of extra chocolate topping and I think it’s because my silicon mold is so small. They came out so delicious that I’m making them again! Thanks for the Fabulous recipe :D

162 Amy July 24, 2013

Fairly new to the site and the first recipe I tried. I love peanut butter cups and this is definitely replacing them! Soooooo good!

163 Naya July 25, 2013

A lot of your recipes look delicious! I saw this one, but unfortunately, I am allergic to coconut oil and I see you use it for a few of your recipes. Any suggestions on what to substitute it with? I did try this recipe with melted butter and it came out tasty, but just wanted to know if you had other suggestions/substitutes for coconut oil. Thanks!

164 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 25, 2013

Hi Naya, I’m sorry I don’t have a sub in mind – coconut oil firms up and is great in no bake desserts. Sorry about that!

165 Naya July 25, 2013

Thanks for responding! One of my friends suggested Avocado oil, another MCT oil. I’ll keep you posted if they work well!

166 Janina July 25, 2013

these look amazing!!!!!

167 Gina July 25, 2013

I made these today subbing hazelnuts for almonds and adding instant espresso to the chocolate mixture! It was awesome. I wanted to do something to commemorate a recent trip to Italy :)

168 Elizabeth July 25, 2013

Angela, I am new to cooking with coconut oil. I saw two versions: virgin and refined. They gave info about cooking heats but since this is no bake, I wasn’t sure which would be best. Can you advise me?

169 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 26, 2013

Hi Elizabeth, I always buy virgin coconut oil as it’s processed without high heats and/or chemicals. Hope this helps!

170 Elizabeth July 26, 2013

Thanks, Angela! I am going to give it a try :) This looks fantastic!

171 Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile July 26, 2013

I am currently obsessed with Justin’s Honey Almond Butter! It is so delicious :) and I have all of these ingredients so I am definitely making these. Thanks Angela!

172 Jane Buchanan July 26, 2013

Hi Angela, i’m hosting a high-tea with bubbles for the girls tomorrow afternoon – with the heat down under not being an issue (it’s the middle of winter) these yummy little morsels will be safe on my table tomorrow…well from the heat anyway!

Just to let you know I made them with all almond meal, I required about 1 1/4 cups…still worked a treat & taste amazing! Thank you for another great recipe:-) x

173 Jill July 26, 2013

I’m going to combine the base with my almond butter fudge recipe! It’s gonna be so good! Thanks!

174 Electra July 26, 2013

My expectations were surpassed!!! Of course I had to make them, they are simple and are BUTTER CUPS. But WOW. WOW. These are DIVINE. Thank you for sharing, Angela!

175 Megan July 26, 2013

OMG. Made these the other night. They are amazing. Not too sweet, but the perfect mix of chocolate and nuttyness.

176 Jackie July 26, 2013

My goodness those look heavenly!! Have to try these, thanks for sharing!

177 Katie July 27, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing these! I made some for my friends and I to enjoy with coffee on a hot afternoon and they came out amazing! My friends were so shocked it was vegan and low in sugar. You’re a genius for creating these! I’m going to make another batch now…

178 Meri July 27, 2013

These look so amazing! I love peanut butter :) I really want to try these, but unfortunately I can’t eat chocolate. Do you have any suggestions with what I could replace chocolate…?

179 Lindsay July 27, 2013

Delicious! I made them in regular nonstick muffin tins without paper, popped right out. Extremely easy and tasty. Thank you!

180 Rayne July 28, 2013

Thank you so much for this awesome recipe! I used 1 cup of almond meal in lieu of almond/oat combo, and it works perfectly! Thanks again :-)

181 Elizabeth July 28, 2013

Angela! I made these – using natural peanut butter instead of almond butter since I have a thing for peanut butter – and they came out fantastically! Thanks so much!

182 Lolo July 28, 2013

I had an OSG kinda wkd- I brought these little gems to a BBQ yesterday and they were a huge hit! So easy to make as well- less than 15 minutes. I’m sending these to my partner’s new office tomorrow morning with the aim to impress :) I also brought the cumin lime quinoa black bean salad to the BBQ (with added mangos and avocado), which also got a lot of love. Finally, on one of my healthy eating forums, I had asked for ideas of an easy oil free pesto and guess what? two of the ladies there both separately recommended your bean one. If this is not an testament to how awesome you are and how much you have enriched the lives of others, I don’t know what is. Thanks!

183 Lolo July 28, 2013

Btw, I made some with peanut butter and others with almond butter and both were great- it seems most people preferred the peanut butter ones!

184 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 29, 2013

Aw thank you Lolo! That totally just made my week :)

185 Sharon July 29, 2013

Oh wow, I just made these and they are AH-mazing!! Thank you so much for the recipe Angela. Love, love, love!!

186 LizW July 30, 2013

OH MY GOSH!
I made these and they are awesome. I was out of cocoa powder so I melted choc chips instead, but I followed the rest. I’ve been eating one out of the freezer each day for a treat. Today was my last one :( Must make more ASAP!

THANKS :)

187 Jane July 31, 2013

Angela, This is by far the BEST tasting thing we’ve put in our mouths. My husband I have been eating them trying to eat just one a day but sometimes we just gotta give in. Amazing flavors and amazing texture and wow this is quite healthy considering it’s a dessert.
Thanks so much! You’re brilliant!!

188 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 31, 2013

So glad to hear that Jane! Thanks for trying it out :)

189 SMeth July 31, 2013

This looks amazing but I always thought Oats were not gluten free!

190 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 31, 2013

It depends on the brand – look for gluten-free on the package :) Bobs red mill is what I buy.

191 Karen @WellnessScience July 31, 2013

I think I stopped breathing for a second when I was looking at these pictures! :-)
These look SO amazing! My recipe creation lately has been all about healthy marinades and salad dressings. It’s about time I switched gears to desserts. Love this combination! Yes, dark chocolate *does* float my boat, so I’m going to try with a super-dark chocolate & report back. Luckily, it isn’t too hot here in the SF Bay Area. Thanks for posting this!

192 Viv Smith August 1, 2013

Fab recipe! I had to alter it slightly as I didn’t have all the ingredients to hand, but they were still great. They even had my husband’s approval! Now being pestered to make a new batch. Thanks for a great recipe xo

193 Amy | Minimally Invasive August 2, 2013

These are thoroughly delicious! Thank you for sharing with us!

194 Joanne Rothwell August 3, 2013

Angela, just tried this recipe. Played it safe and halved it just in case. OMG! They are gorgeous! Will be doubling the recipe the next time, yum. Thank you, Joanne

195 Hana August 3, 2013

I made these last night and they are incredible! I’ve been experimenting with clean desserts and these are by far the best. Thank you for this recipe!!!

196 Wendi August 3, 2013

These are fabulous! Thank you! I added some almond extract to the dough for that extra almondy goodness.

197 Kiki August 3, 2013

These look delicious! I will definitely be trying them!

198 Amy August 4, 2013

Just made these today, HUGE hit among our whole family right down to the 3 year old! Thanks for giving us a sweet, but still healthy treat.
Amy

199 Ashley August 4, 2013

I’ve made these twice already! Love them and you! You’re such an inspiration to me in that even though I’m already vegan I can always eat healthier! The second time I made these I put coconut in the almond mixture and instead of the chocolate topping I pressed in chocolate chips and chia seeds!

200 Katrin August 5, 2013

Angela, thanks so much for the recipe! I love everything almond and these were absolutely delicious. Perfection, seriously! :-)

201 Amy August 5, 2013

I just made these. Followed the recipe to a ‘T’. Looked and tasted amazing!

202 Jessica August 5, 2013

Hi!!

I just read this recipe, and i absolutely love it! I just would like to know if they can be made at the oven instead of the freezer.

Thank you!

203 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 6, 2013

Hey Jessica, Gosh I’m not sure – generally no bake desserts aren’t made for regular baking. You might be able to get away with baking the base though, then cool it and add chocolate on top and chill until set.

204 Noemi August 6, 2013

Made this tonight and it was a hit! Really delicious, I added coconut flakes as well along with the sliced alomonds :)

205 Sarah August 6, 2013

I love your blog! Is it a wordpress, what theme do you use??

206 Sarah August 6, 2013

My absolute favorite treat now! Just made them and I’m hooked ;)

207 makiko August 7, 2013

Thanks for great recipes!
I made this one this morning and kept in my freezer till a few minutes ago.. tured out that the chocolate part made separate layers of liquid in the center and solid top.. :(
donno why, as chocolate made with almost same recipe the other day turned out okay.. Maybe because it was too hot here in tokyo??? Coconut oil was completely liquified, and was smooth liquid even after i mixed in cocoa, while it became more like paste last time.
I wonder if needed to temper the chocolate???
Now i put them in fridge and will see how they will look later..
Anyway, i like your website very much and will try other recipes!!

208 Mindy August 7, 2013

I have made these twice since I first commented – and they are SO DELICIOUS! This will be one of my top raw vegan recipes I think for years and years to come!

I used just almond flour in place of the oat flour (since I had only the almond flour on hand) and put them in the refrigerator rather than the freezer… and they came out great – I had to come back here and comment again on just how good these are. I never would have thought to do this – thanks so much for your fabulous recipe!

209 cag August 8, 2013

this looks so good! i was just wondering about serving size/nutrition. :) thanks

210 melissa @ my whole food life August 10, 2013

I can’t wait to make these. I am all about almond butter and chocolate. I love your recipes!

211 Faith August 11, 2013

So glad I came across this creative almond recipe. Almond, chocolate, butter…what better combinations? By the way, the pictures throughout your blog are awesome!

212 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 11, 2013

213 cindy August 11, 2013

hi angela, thanks for the recipe! I made this twice, both time without cinnamon, once with peanut butter, once with almond butter. they are very nice, my vegan son and non vegan coworkers love it! I have a coworker, her son is allergic to nuts, can you recommend a substitute for the almond and nut butter?

214 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 12, 2013

Hey Cindy, I would suggest trying sunflower seed butter (my fav brand is Sunbutter as it’s lightly sweetened). Hope this helps!

215 cindy August 24, 2013

Thanks Angela. I was thinking of tahini and add more maple, but I will give sunflower seed a try. Will report back.

216 Sharon August 12, 2013

These raw almond butter cups look amazing. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I can’t wait to try it!

217 Shelly August 12, 2013

Hello!
Made these yesterday! So good! Rich and tasty. Nice work! :)

218 Cyndi August 13, 2013

Hello!

These look super delicious, I would love to make some! :)
Just wondering would I be able to use actual almond meal instead of grounding up almonds? If so, how much would you recommend I use?

Thank you!

219 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 14, 2013

Hi Cyndi, that should be fine! I would sub in an equal portion.

220 Kiran August 31, 2013

I used store bought ground almonds, about 3/4 cup, worked perfectly.

221 Jessica August 13, 2013

Amazing recipe!!! i just love it!

222 Carissa August 15, 2013

I used coconut flour instead of oats and they came out great and Paleo! Thanks for the recipe!

223 Becky August 16, 2013

I made these a couple weeks ago when we were getting company and they were a huge hit! I’m making them again now because my nephew is here and he can’t have gluten! Thanks for a great recipe!!! Delicious : )

224 Larisa August 16, 2013

these were RIDICULOUSLY good. I’m dreaming, I love these more than cooked desserts! Thank you!!

225 Tina August 18, 2013

Hi Angela,

I absolutely love your blog. Tried these and despite the fact that I accidentally put cumin instead of cinnamon – they still taste awesome, hahahaha!
and they just look so perfect and are so easy to make. Thank you for sharing your recipes!
Tina

226 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 19, 2013

LOL oh my gosh!!! Too funny. Well Im glad they still turned out!

227 Kaatrina August 20, 2013

My kids, their friends and even my husband (who is a die hard Reeses fan) loved these. My daughter said we needed to make a double batch next time. I love the bite sizeness (okay, not a real word but it works) of these. Thank you!

228 Beata August 21, 2013

Can I use my my left over almond pulp in this ingredient? Say instead of almond butter? Any recipes that include almond pulp would be so appreciated! And by the way, I’m loving your site, keep up the great work!!

229 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 21, 2013

I’m not sure, but it might be worth a shot sometime. :)

230 Heather August 25, 2013

Thank you Danielle for your comment . There is a lot of controversy about coconut oil and this stuff is amazing ! I have made a very similar bar but will try this one looks delish! Can’t wait to try it tommorrow . There have been studies showing the benefits of weightloss and nourishment . Enjoy Heather .

231 Kiran August 31, 2013

These are AMAZEBALLS! I used crunchy peanut butter instead because I had it on hand, and they tasted like peanut butter cups! And I didn’t even measure everything exactly. Great recipe :)

232 Lynn September 1, 2013

Hi Angela,Tried your recipe the original way a few weeks ago and they were a big hit. Made them again yesterday with a few changes…..I have a family member who is allergic to tree nuts. I substituted sunflower seeds for the almonds and tahini and peanut butter for the almond butter. I took them to my son’s engagement party where there were mostly non vegans!!!!!! and they gobbled them up.
Your recipes are so versatile…..I love them all:)

233 Jessica September 3, 2013

I cannot stop making these – I’m officially addicted. I gave them to a few junk food fiends, not telling them what they were, and they devoured them – when I told them they were made with healthy ingredients they didn’t believe me. My husband hates coconut oil and even he can’t get enough of these. I’ve made them 4 times in the past week – once was a double batch! I’m sharing them, but now I need a stash in my freezer. In any case, thank you so much for such an amazing, simple, delish recipe! I absolutely love these.

234 Tracey September 3, 2013

I can’t wait to make these!!! Can I use Almond meal instead of grinding whole almonds

235 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 4, 2013

Yes I’m sure that is just fine :) enjoy!

236 Karen September 5, 2013

I just linked this recipe on my Facebook Page and I’m getting ready to Pin it! These are amazing! The only thing keeping me from eating the whole batch right now is the reminder of how much coconut oil is in them – that, and the fact that I would have to wrestle the rest of the family for them! Thanks!

237 Sherilyn September 8, 2013

Do you think it’d be possible to sub coconut flour for the oat flour? If so, how much?

238 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 8, 2013

Good question – I’m really not sure. I would like to think so, although I’m not sure how the flavour will change or the amount. I’m sure if you add a bit at a time it should be fine. Coconut flour tends to be drier than other flours, so add slowly as you might not need as much. If you try it out, please let me know how it goes!

239 Jennifer September 12, 2013

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your website. I’ve loved every recipe I’ve tried, but my two favorites are these and the dinosaur dill crunch salad. I actually changed these up a bit and doubled the chocolate part and made them like true butter cups – putting a layer of chocolate in the muffin cup, freezing, filling, and then topping with chocolate. I served them as dessert at a dinner party to rave reviews – if people only knew they were eating vegan!
Thanks again,
Jennifer

240 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 13, 2013

Hey Jennifer, so happy you are enjoying the blog! I love your change up to these cups – I was thinking about trying a double chocolate version too :)

241 jenny pedraza September 14, 2013

Delicious!!!!! Hubby now requests that I make them for him every week.

242 Amy McCall September 16, 2013

I never make treats as I have a hard enough time getting dinner on the table most nights but, we’re stuck at home in Boulder Co due to flooding & your recipes have given us a little something special at this crappy time. These are amazing they taste like Samoas the Girl Scout cookies & were so quick to whip up. Thanks

243 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 17, 2013

My thoughts are with you all, Amy!

244 Curt September 17, 2013

So i made these tonight and instead of using the Oates I used a little more almonds and i used just less than a 1/4 of coconut flower. and for the topping i used coconut nectar instead of the maple syrup and i sprinkled a little coconut on top.. I have almost eating them all because they are so good.. Thanks for the recipe I added a picture below

245 Stephanie September 19, 2013

I am about ready to go to the store and get the ingredients for this recipe! I am kind of addicted to your website/recipes. Everything I’ve made is amazing. Thank you!! The cool thing is most of the time I have most of the ingredients except for lone or two of them, you have such a creative way of making your food with the simplest ingredients. That’s the key to eating healthy and clean!

246 Hilary September 19, 2013

I made these recently and they tasted great! However, they were super thin and I had to more than double the topping recipe to cover them-and it made only 8 or 9 cups instead of 12. I may try again. Do yours usually come out thick or thin?

247 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 22, 2013

Hi Hilary, They come out quite thin – the photos can make food look bigger at times! Glad you enjoyed them anyway :)

248 Heidi September 21, 2013

hi i just made this, i dident have enogh coconutbutter for the topping so i i put som banna in. my mother how cant eat them love them. grat recepy

249 Lyn, aka the "food lover" Ashby September 27, 2013

When I noticed the image at the top of this page I was so interested I just had to read more. I loved the ingredients and the fact that you provided pictures of what everything should look like as you make these almond cups. I just know my family will love these and they’re actually a relatively healthy snack.

250 PoochesForPeace (Anna H) September 29, 2013

I just made these they are amazing. Just wish they were a little lower in calories so I could eat like a million of them! :)

251 Christy Myers October 2, 2013

I made this with my three year old grandson. It turned out great and was so nice to have a recipe he could do easily.

252 Kim October 4, 2013

Hi Angela,
These sound amazing and I’ll try, but for now I am also off oats. What would you recommend as a substitute

Thanks
Kim

253 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2013

Hi Kim, I would use more almond flour in it’s place (you might need a bit more though since it’s finer)

254 Christy October 4, 2013

This is ridiculously amazing! Must try!

255 Diane October 7, 2013

Hi
I made the butter cups, taste delicious but they were so dry they fell apart (crumbled) when eAting. I followed the recipe exactly. Any suggestions
Thanks Diane

256 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2013

Hi Diane, my guess is that your almond butter was more dry than mine. I said in the directions that it should have the texture of cookie dough. If it’s dry I would add 1 teaspoon of water at a time until you achieve the right consistency. Hope this helps!

257 Mari @ Living with Purpose October 21, 2013

That’s exactly how I make my chocolate! Love it! I made something just like this the other day, only using peanuts.

258 Stephanie October 23, 2013

So I made these today and popped one out after 45 minutes and while everything else was frozen, the maple syrup came pouring out. A little confused, I did some research and learned that truly pure maple syrup will not freeze. So… Did anyone else have this problem? Perhaps will need to try honey next time.

259 Michelle October 26, 2013

Hi Angela,

Could you substitute oat flour for coconut flour? I am gluten intolerant so can’t have oat flour.

Cheers
Michelle

260 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 28, 2013

Hey Michelle, Coconut flour tends to be a bit more drying than other flours, so I would suggest not adding the full amount of oat flour and just adding a bit at a time as you mix it. Hope this helps!

261 codye November 5, 2013

I made your almond milk today and will not be buying the store brand again….ever!!! Do you think I could use the left over pulp as my almond meal or no since it has been soaked?

262 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 6, 2013

I think you’d have to dry it out in a dehydrator or oven at a very low setting before using (just a guess!)

263 Lola November 11, 2013

I just made these and I can’t get over how yummy they are. Great site with lovely heathy dishes. Thanks! I wonder if you might know the nutritional values for the almond buttercups? A healthy alternative to mainstream treats but they are so scrummy and rich I imagine they will have to be a once in a blue moon delight? Good job I can keep them frozen so! :-)

264 Hadassah Rivkah M. November 11, 2013

OMGosh! Are these really healthy when I can’t stop eating them?!? Angela, thank you!!!

265 Shaneela November 12, 2013

These look so delicious!
Can I make these a couple days ahead? Also, if I am taking these to someone’s
House, do I need to store them in the freezer or will they be ok for a couple of hours?

266 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2013

I recommend storing them in the fridge or freezer – they melt when at room temp. Hope this helps!

267 Carole November 20, 2013

This is hands-down the best recipe as a sweet treat. It’s fast and easy to make and everyone loves it! Thank you Angela!!

268 damaris November 29, 2013

Just made these in mini muffin cups. Ran out of chocolate topping, maybe I was too generous ! So just remade a small amount. Can’t wait to try them, they’re in the freezer !

269 Jodi December 1, 2013

Just made these tonight and they are amazing! Thanks for the recipe.

270 Brandy @A Mindful Mantra December 11, 2013

Just made my own version of these for my loved ones for Christmas. Can’t wait to see how much they enjoy them!

271 Bogi December 12, 2013

Hi Angela, the look of these almond butter cups made me go to the shop and buy a high-speed blender. I’m amazed by your website! I will definitely prepare more vegan recipes from now on, thanks for the inspiration. :)

272 db December 15, 2013

these look awesome! i am thinking of sub-ing coconut flour for the oats (allergy…boo). any thoughts?

273 marquis @realrawkitchen December 19, 2013

This is a fantastic idea to keep them firm .. I had the same problem with mine cups, I used the butter, oil and sweetener and right out of the freezer they were delicious but they melted too quickly to have anywhere else (or even photograph). I think I’ll try this with my next batch. Thanks!

274 Holly December 29, 2013

My go to snack when I have cookie cravings.

275 Debbie January 1, 2014

Just made these using leftover almond pulp from making almond milk. Pretty good. I used the almond pulp, homemade oat flour, and some PB2. I then realized I should have skipped the PB2 as I had some peanuts so I added some that I pulverized in my ninja also. I then added a dash or two of cinnamon, the coconut oil, and agave. I got 24 mini muffin size cups and had to make almost double the chocolate to cover them all. I was hoping for a stronger peanut taste….I mainly taste coconut. I like coconut so that is not a bad thing lol. :)

276 Chalini January 5, 2014

I just made these… Love them so much…

277 Amy McCall January 8, 2014

I make these every 2 weeks. The only change I’ve had to make is to double everything because everyone I know loves these!

278 Melanie January 16, 2014

I made these almond butter cups and they are so tasty! I like how you put cinnamon inside; it makes the flavor stand out. These are my moms favorite, so sometimes my mom asks me to make some for her.

I’m 18 and just started my own food blog and I love it! It’s been quite an adventure; I’m just happy there’s websites like yours to give me inspiration.

279 Indi January 31, 2014

Hi! I made these this morning (I had to go by the equipment that I have, so I opted to press the dough in a tupperware box lined with parchment paper and cut it into squares after freezing, worked well enough) and had one just now, delicious!
The last few weeks I’ve been using some of your recipes and bookmarked a good bunch more for meals and treats to come, they make for some of the best dishes! Tonight even I’ll be serving your ‘red lentil and squash curry stew’ to some family members, they’re not the easiest ones to cook for, but I’m feeling confident ;)
Have a great day!

280 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2014

Hi Indi, Thanks so much for your kind feedback! I’m so happy you are enjoying everything :)

281 Greta February 3, 2014

I made these yesterday for my family. They are fantastic! I have problems eating raw oats, so I substituted raw, unsweetened coconut flakes for the oats. I processed the flakes in my mini-chopper until the coconut was very fine.
Your recipes inspire me. Thank you

282 Crystal February 7, 2014

Thank you Angela for following your bliss and sharing it all with us. My 4 year old loves to look through your recipes and pick one for us to make and create :) We made this one and replaced the almond butter as there is an allergy in our household with cashew butter. They were amazing. It is in past tense because they didn’t last long around here lol. May we all have the courage to follow our own bliss as it shines so brightly from you and is a reminder that the world needs us all to do what makes our hearts sing :) Infinite love and gratitude

283 Cindy February 7, 2014

Could you use blanched almond flour instead of whole almonds? I’m trying to stay away from almond skin. How much would I use?

284 Lauren February 8, 2014

I have made these several times for dinner parties and my friends always ask me to make them again! Thanks so much for this recipe. When I make them, I do not use the oats. I just add an extra cup of almond flour. I also don’t use the maple syrup or cinnamon. Instead, I use stevia to sweeten them. My boyfriend loves the taste and feels no guilt because it’s sugar free. We both follow a low carb no sugar diet so these are perfect!

285 Nicole February 10, 2014

I made these tonight and they are phenomenal! I made them exactly as you listed, and they are perfection. Thanks!

286 Davis February 14, 2014

I made the cups without oats as you suggested and it worked perfectly! I definitely added at least an extra half cup of ground almond in place of the oats so the dough was a good consistency. I also used stevia drops in place of the maple syrup and adjusted the amount of coconut oil. They turned out great! Thanks!

287 Kiah Brody February 14, 2014

Absolutely so excited to make this afternoon for Valentine’s Day. Should i be melting the coconut oil though or leave it solidified? Sorry, if it’s a silly question; still trying to get used to cooking and baking solely vegan.

288 Susan February 26, 2014

These are yummy. But I probably should have found out how many calories are in each cup before I ate them. ;)

289 Rebecca March 1, 2014

I have just tried making these. I’m in the UK so bought some American cups so I could measure as per your recipe accurately. Not sure what happened, but the base mixture only stretched to make 11, and I also needed to add a dash more coconut oil, agave nectar and a little warm water to get the dough to hold together. The topping I had to 3 times the amounts in the recipe! Made to the measurement given it was really really thick and hardly nothing of it. As well as multiplying the ingredients by 3 i also had to add a dash of warm water to get a good consistency. All the coconut oil I ended up using has really pushed the calories up, which is a shame. They’re in the freezer now…I’m wondering if they are going to set properly as the topping wasn’t to spec. Fingers crossed! I used ready ground almonds, I’m guessing this made by dough drier because the measurement of whole almonds ground down will probably result in less almond powder being produced, so I can see what has happened here perhaps which meant I had to add more wet ingredients to get right consistency of dough. But I really don’t know what went wrong with the topping? Any ideas? They’re also nowhere near as deep as in your picture, but I used normal size fairy-cake/cupcake paper cups…Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks :)

290 Rebecca March 1, 2014

Update :) mine have taken a good few hours or more to set, but this is probably because the topping wasn’t followed to the letter. They taste really great! I’ll definitely be making them again, but next time will make mini fairy cake size (looking at your photos, I think my standard fairy cake/cupcake moulds are bigger), and also I’d like the base to be thicker (mine came out quite thin). I need to adjust the topping though, although it tasted nice the consistency is a little soft and doesn’t set as well as I’d like…do you think it would work melting a bar or organic dark chocolate with a little agave nectar? Thanks for the great recipe!

291 Erin March 6, 2014

Mmmmmm! Can I tell you how much I love you for this recipe?!!! I can’t have processed sugar or peanuts or oats and these are the perfect answer to my sweet tooth. I substituted flax meal for oats flour and they turned out marvelously! Can’t wait it share them. :) yay!

292 Priscilla March 17, 2014

I finally made these last night for my boyfriend and I and they were seriously delicious, but they didn’t quite taste like an almond butter cup to me because the coconut taste was so overpowering. Is there a way to cut back on the coconut taste bit still keep the consistency?

293 caitlin @ tulle wedding skirts March 18, 2014

i just came across this recipe on pinterest and now i’m dying to try it! love almond butter these days!

294 Lizzie March 27, 2014

I’ve wanted to make this for some time and finally got around to it this morning. They were absolutely divine! Because they are so rich and sweet (mind you, I don’t regularly eat sweets and I’ve even complained of ice cream being “too sweet” on many occasions) I was satisfied with one. This not a bad thing — it just means I get to enjoy them for longer. ;) I ended up using a full cup of almond meal and it turned out great. I’m in love! Thank you for this recipe. I will be making use of it for many years to come :)

295 Fannie March 31, 2014

These are absolutely delicious!!! I never knew to make chocolate topping like that.. It’s incredible!!! Thanks!

296 Crystal April 2, 2014

My goodness these are amazing! We have everyone in our office hooked on these and everyone is looking at your site! Thanks for the amazing recipes!
Question though…Is there any nutritional info on your recipes such as calories or fat content all those fun fact? ;)

297 Sadie April 3, 2014

Just wanted to tell you these are amazing! And so easy, thanks for the great recipe!

298 Sev April 4, 2014

Thanks so much for posting this recipe ! I have friends and family hooked on these and i am making a batch a week!!

299 Wendy April 7, 2014

Can you substitute Honey for Maple Syrup please?

300 Melissa April 10, 2014

I was wondering if anyone has figured out the nutritional info for ONE of these? Being diabetic that info would help me a LOT! Thanks bunches

301 Adina April 12, 2014

Angela,
I have to tell you that I have been making your recipes for a few years now on my own vegan journey. They NEVER fail to impress! These almond butter cups are my favorite and I make them far too often…. :P
I have been checking in on your blog from day one and you have inspired me in so many ways, from my own recovery to starting a blog myself.
You have come such a long way! So excited to read your new book!
Thanks for all the inspiration and delicious eats!

302 Jen April 13, 2014

Just put these in the freezer…impatient to take them out to try! The components were SO tasty and I love that the ingredients were ones I already had on hand.

303 Jen April 14, 2014

These are super yummy. They set up quickly in the freezer so I had time to try one before bed. I will definitely be making these again!

304 Debra Sullivan April 14, 2014

Because I’ve already made some of your recipes my expectations were fairly high when I saw your photos and this recipe and I’m now actually eating one and it is even better than expected. Like, by at least 200% Thank you!

305 Michelle April 27, 2014

These are amazing! I made them for my daughters school snacks and we had to hide them in the freezer so we would not inhale them all at once!

306 Anita May 10, 2014

I have been making these for a while now and they are still the best raw treat out there! I also tried adding a little orange rind and juice to the chocolate layer which turned out YUM!

307 Dinka May 14, 2014

Hi!
I’d like to try these and was wondering if I could just make it in a flat cookie sheet and cut them into bars? I don’t have mini muffin cups and the reg muffin cups wouldn’t fit into my freezer well..
Thanks!

308 Angela May 14, 2014

These are AMAZING! Yum! We love them so much! Going to be making another batch soon!

309 Trish May 21, 2014

I’m completely hooked on the sweet potatoes! I make them weekly, sometimes more LOL.
I just made these cups and they’re in the freezer so I haven’t tasted them yet, but they look delicious and I did taste the dough and chocolate and they are delicious!! Just for my preferences, and because I’m a piggy, I’ll double the chocolate topping next time as I felt it could’ve been a tad thicker. I’m excited to try them!!

310 Trish June 12, 2014

UPDATE: these were seriously heavenly! My husband, the non-vegan, scoffed the majority of these cups not leaving many for my son and I. They’ve demanded more LOL. We enjoyed them straight from the freezer. SO happy I tried these :)

311 Karen June 10, 2014

These are one of the most delightful,delicious and addictive treats I’ve ever made…and eaten. Thanks for the recipe.

312 Nida June 17, 2014

Hi Angela!

These were de-li-cious! Yum! Chewy and very rich! It kind of surprised me, because I got so excited that I a 3 in a row, but that was one too many :-)

313 Michelle Swanson June 18, 2014

Yep…my husband loved them and I am taking them to my bible study class this morning. Great recipe.

314 Sue June 23, 2014

These came out great! I have loved all that I have tried on your site. Great recipes! This was perfect for my family mid-move while “camping out” in our empty house. Had all the ingredients on hand except a blender to make the oat flour. Used 1 full cup almond meal and the consistency was perfect! Will make again and again. Thanks!

315 Jenni August 3, 2014

I’m not eating grains right now (for adrenal/thyroid issues) so I made a batch (two, actually) of these without any oats, and thought I would let you know that they came out amazingly! I played around with your measurements and added in a couple of other ingredients as well. My brother is going into the freezer non-stop for these! I posted my adapted recipe on my blog (giving you credit, of course). Thanks for the inspiration! :)

316 Natalie February 18, 2015

I can’t have oats either. I’m going to check out your version!

317 Natalie February 18, 2015

Actually, I can’t seem to get to it. Do you mind sharing?

318 melissa August 3, 2014

just made these, they are in the freezer as i type this. can’t wait to have a bite after dinner :0 thanks for another great recipe!

319 Cheryl August 3, 2014

These sound delicious. I can’t eat oats, however, and I was wondering if coconut flour might be a possible substitute. I know that the ration would not be the same. Any guesses as to how much to try? thanks

320 Lisa August 4, 2014

Hi there, can’t wait to try these! Should they be stored in the freezer once made? Or in the refrigerator? Thanks!

321 Lady Montagu August 18, 2014

These are delicious! I made them once with almond flour and once with hazelnut flour, and both came out great. Thank you for this wonderful recipe idea!

322 Dakotah October 21, 2014

Just made these… substituted oat flour for micro oats… still worked and didn’t taste bitty. Oh my goodness. Best butter cups EVER. So delicious and quick to make!

323 Emily Fyffe October 29, 2014

I made these using peanuts and peanut butter in place of almonds. Perfection! Well, the only mistake I made was that I put way too much batter in each cup, so by the time I had to pour on the chocolate they sort of overflowed. Next time I have almonds on hand, I’ll have to make the almond version!
By the way your blog is amazing, and everything I’ve made on here so far have been incredible!!!!

324 Jeannette December 8, 2014

My family loves these! I made a double batch today and sprinkled 1/2 of them with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds for a festive touch.

325 Adriana December 11, 2014

I made these for a Christmas luncheon. They were loved by all and I had to provide your website for the recipe to many requesting ladies :)
I wanted to make them for a friend who’s allergic to nuts. I was wondering if you have any suggestions at what I could replace the nuts with to still get a similar product?

Thanks,
Adriana

326 Adriana December 11, 2014

P.S. I doubled the chocolate in your recipe as I believe there can never be enough chocolate on anything!

327 Jessica January 27, 2015

Five stars — delicious. Works well with peanut butter too. A big hit with friends and family. (I wasn’t sure if the coconut oil for the chocolate should be warmed as well? It seemed to work, but maybe next time I’ll warm it before mixing.)

328 Sheila January 29, 2015

I made these last night. They were outstanding! My kids even ate them. I used cashew as my nut butter. I am making more today. I look forward to trying more recipes now that I have found your website!

329 Carla February 9, 2015

These are delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

330 Zachah Koufalis February 11, 2015

Where can I find the nutrition facts?

331 Chrissy February 16, 2015

Made them tonight. Delicious!

332 Natalie February 18, 2015

Hi,

I realize this recipe is a bit older, but I stumbled upon it and really want to make it. However, I unfortunately have had to remove a few foods from my diet recently, as it turns out I’m quite sensitive. Oats is one of them. Is there any other gluten-free grain/flour you could use in place of that you think? Or more almond flour/meal?

Thanks!!
Natalie

333 Natalie February 18, 2015

sorry I just noticed your note about this. disregard :)

334 Natalie March 7, 2015

Just made these today.. OH MY! Delicious, absolutely delicious! Instead of using cups though, I lined an 8×8 baking dish with wax paper and just made 12 bars instead. Thank you for this recipe!

335 Jackie March 11, 2015

Hi – can I use something else besides the oats in order to make these kosher for passover?

336 Mary March 25, 2015

Do you have any suggestions on oil substitutions? I try to stay away from oil :)

337 Angela March 30, 2015

Angela, I developed a freak allergy to almonds :( and had all this almond butter and almond meal in my cabinet. So I made a triple batch of this for my pals at the gym, and for my daughter. I could not taste it, but I got great feedback! I ate the leftover chocolate topping! Wow! That was amazing! My daughter’s only comment was that she wanted more almonds on top for the crunch. I’m going to try your other nut free version. Thanks!

338 Nicola April 3, 2015

Yummmeeee!! These went down an absolute treat. I didn’t have enough almonds for the almond butter so used cashews instead. They were so tasty. Going to try another batch with almonds-just to compare :-) Might have to make double the quantity too, they went in no time!
Very easy to make, very tasty and very popular. Thankyou

339 Lori April 9, 2015

PERFECTION! Husband said he could eat a hundred of them!

340 Linda Allison May 3, 2015

Oh! Just made these tonight! Scrumptious! What a treat :)
Thank you! I posted my thank you pic on Instagram

341 Kristin May 26, 2015

hi! Wondering if there’s nutrition information per serving somewhere that I missed?

342 Gloria Huerta June 8, 2015

These were AMAZING! My sister in law made vegan deserts just for me as a part of the graduation celebration for my niece. She brought out the Motherload cake from Claim Jumper and then she brought out two vegan deserts for me. One bite … and OH MY GOODNESS! I thanked everyone for not being vegan, took the tray and went to the living room and enjoyed … four … one after the other.

I kept thanking her and hugging her and kissing her and thanking her. She was just laughing so hard. I asked for the recipe and I will definitely make some at home, with a few substitutions.

343 Anna June 16, 2015

Hi Angela,

I made these with peanut butter (I didn’t have almond) and they were delicious. I kept them in the freezer but they never fully froze, or at least the maple syrup never froze and would pour out like one of those alcohol filled chocolates. Is this normal? Could I use a different sweetener that would solidify better? Thanks!

344 Dawn March 17, 2016

Anna, did you use coconut oil? That’s what makes it solidify.

345 Annie June 23, 2015

Hi, thanks so much for sharing this amazing recipe. I prepared two batches for my daughters graduation party here at my home since we were going to have a couple of vegan family members. Well, everyone loved them and people were fighting –in a friendly way– for them. I just finished preparing another batch at my daughters request for a sleepover with her friends. I did add a bit more oats since I felt they were in the amazing oily side of the nuts the first time, perhaps we can each eat more and not feel so guilty tonigh. Thanks again!

346 Sierra October 18, 2015

Why is there no Nutritional Information for this recipe??

347 Sherri November 11, 2015

These are very yummy. I am trying to kick candida and altered the recipe slightly. I also have interstitial cystitis and cannot have chocolate so I used carob powder instead. In addition, I cannot have agave so I used powdered organic stevia instead. The base was too dry and crumbly so I added more nut butter. I have not had anything this decadent since changing my diet 2 months ago. Before this I had resigned to thinking I would never have dessert ever again.

348 Maggie November 18, 2015

I never comment, but I just made these and added a date caramel, and they are AMAZING. Props to you.

349 caroline teasdale January 12, 2016

Thanks for the amazing recipe. I didn’t have any ground almonds so I substituted these with desiccated coconut, which I blended with the oats. They turned out AMAZING! I had been craving a sweet treat, and these were super easy to make and I just happened to have most of the ingredients already!

350 June February 15, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I’m wondering if I can use dates instead of the coconut oil. Do you think it would work for the base part? Also, would you think cayenne pepper would be good? I used it in my own chocolate/nut balls and it tasted really good.
June

351 Dawn March 17, 2016
Recipe Rating:

OMG! I’ve made these twice now and absolutely love them. This second time, however, I was all out of almonds, so I used raw walnuts instead: STILL AWESOME!

352 Viola Woolcott (RAW PASSION) April 10, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Delicious. Yes, I tried it but changed it slightly for my own liking :-)

353 Trista April 17, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Ohhhh man I just made these tonight and they’re so crazy delicious!! My whole family loves them, I think I’ll have to hide them haha

354 sarah June 24, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I make these all the time. They’re quick & easy, and not to mention a super yummy treat!

355 Angela Liddon June 24, 2016

Thanks for the comment, Sarah! It’s always so neat to hear when a recipe of mine has become a staple. :)

356 Lonnie August 14, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Yup… these are awesome! I used a regular sized muffin tin with liners but next time I think I’ll make little balls and press a thumbprint into them and fill with the chocolate for a smaller bite of decadence.

357 Angela Liddon August 17, 2016

Great idea, Lonnie! I’d love to hear how they work out! :)

358 Jenny August 16, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Hi Angela,
you have really good recipes on your site, yuuummiiee!
You inspired me and I create a similar recipe, you can look on this site:
Have a good week, best regards.
Jenny