Roasted Buddha Bowl

buddha bowl-2460

It’s now March and after a few months of winter it appears I’m going crazy. Why? Well, you can now add roasted cauliflower to my list of strange-but-true late winter food cravings. Weird, I know. Cauliflower has never been high on my list of comfort food vegetables, but for some reason I just couldn’t get the idea of a creamy roasted cauliflower recipe out of my mind. So I made a creamy cashew-based lemon tahini sauce and mixed it with roasted chickpeas, cauliflower, and broccoli. Doesn’t that just sound dreamy?

I may have just lost half of you, but hear me out; if you’ve never been a fan of cauliflower (or broccoli) this just might be the recipe that changes your mind. It turned my husband into a believer and I hope it does for you too.

broccolicauliflower-2378 broccolicauliflower-2420broccolicauliflower-2423 broccolicauliflower-2429

To make this simple dish a meal, I roasted some chickpeas to go along with it. The roasted chickpeas add a nice crunch to this mix and of course pair so well with the creamy sauce. Eric has recently discovered that the texture of roasted chickpeas is so much better than unroasted. So guess what we’ve been doing a lot lately? Yup, roasting chickpeas. This dish would also be wonderful served over a bed of grains if you are feeling so inclined. I planned on serving this with millet, proceeded to forget about it on the stove, and scorched the heck out of it. Figures.

The temperature is slowly climbing here in Southern Ontario and like many of you, we’re anxiously awaiting spring’s arrival. In the meantime, I’ll be celebrating “springing forward” on March 10th which will mean daylight until just after 7pm. Major progress!!

buddha bowl-2435

Roasted Buddha Bowl

Email, text, or print this recipe

Yield: 3 servings

For roasting and serving:

• 1 head broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or one 15-oz can)
  • 1 tbsp Oil, divided
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Cooked grains, for serving (optional)

For the dressing:

• ½ cup cashews, soaked
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp tahini
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
  • ¼ cup nutritional yeast
  • 6 tbsp water, or as needed to thin out

1. Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight or for 8 hours. For a quick-soak method, pour boiling water over cashews and let sit in the bowl for at least 45 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.

3. Place chopped broccoli and cauliflower onto one baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil and mix with hands until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.

4. Place a couple paper towels on the other baking sheet and spread out the drained and rinsed chickpeas. Place 2 more paper towels on top and roll the chickpeas around until completely dry. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and roll around the chickpeas with your hands until they are all coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

5. Roast the broccoli, cauliflower and chickpeas for 15 minutes at 400F. After 15 minutes, give the chickpea pan a gentle shake to roll them around in the pan. Roast both pans for another 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli and cauliflower are cooked through and the chickpeas are golden in colour.

6. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients into a blender and blending on high speed until smooth.

7. When the vegetables and chickpeas are ready, remove from oven and place into a large mixing bowl. Add your desired amount of dressing on top and toss until coated. Season to taste. Serve over a warm bed of grains with more dressing drizzled on top.

For nutritional info see: Buddha Bowl (without dressing) and Cashew Lemon Tahini Dressing.

Notes: The leftover dressing should keep for 5 days in the fridge in a sealed container. The dressing will thicken as it stands (especially when chilled) so you can add more water to thin out as necessary. Need a nut-free dressing? Try this Lemon Tahini dressing on for size.

buddha bowl-2443

The first time I made this dish I was so hungry (and the dish was so tasty!) I ate almost the entire dish straight from the mixing bowl with a fork. My camera wasn’t quick enough for me this time! That’s when I came up with the name Buddha Bowl because I was rocking a Buhhda-like belly the rest of the day. Note to self: if you eat an entire head of cauliflower in one sitting you will pay the consequences. Carry on.

1 Shel@PeachyPalate March 5, 2013

I hated cauliflower until I discovered the joys of eating it as cauliflower couscous and also roasting it! Now it’s on of my favs especially with chickpeas!

2 Tanya @ playful and hungry March 5, 2013

It’s amazing how different cauliflower tastes when it’s roasted! =)

3 Zugey March 5, 2013

Mmm, this looks delicious. I will definitely be making this for dinner tonight as I have all the ingredients on hand. Thank you Angela! <3

4 Stephanie @ Snacking on Sunshine March 5, 2013

Oh this looks incredible! Anything with cauliflower is a win for me, but I love how rich and complex it gets when you roast it. Bookmarked! X

5 jenny March 5, 2013

Oh this looks divine. Roasted cauliflower and roasted chickpeas? You had me at hellol

6 Moi Contre La Vie March 5, 2013

Oh swoon! This looks AMAZING. I’m totally starving just looking at these pictures. Can’t wait to make this bowl!

7 Abby @ The Frosted Vegan March 5, 2013

This looks perfect for our impending snow today, the sauce is looking all kinds of great!

8 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 5, 2013

I have the opposite problem – love cauliflower, but cooked broccoli has never been my thing. however, I can get onboard with anything involving tahini sauce. :) And now I’m really craving roasted chickpeas!

9 Dana @ Vanishing Veggie March 5, 2013

OMG This looks amazing! Buddha bowls are in HEAVY rotation at my house. I get home from yoga pretty late and I’m usually starving, so a quick quinoa + kale + carrots + tahini or cashew dressing always hits the spot. This looks really amazing, and I’m going to have to add it to the rotation. I bet it would be really good with roasted pumpkin seeds!

10 Wren January 18, 2015

I’m making this for dinner tonight, but I’m so glad I saw your comment. I’m going to try this the next time I make it!

11 Lisa March 5, 2013

Delicious and so so good for you. Love the name of the dish.

12 Aly March 5, 2013

I have recently discovered that cauliflower is AMAZING and versatile and not the bland veggie only fit for dousing in sauces that I used to think. I LOVE it and my fridge is never without it now. I make cauliflower rice with a pasta sauce and it’s delish :) I am super stoked to try this recipe as I love roasted anything + sauce :)
Thanks for another fabulous recipe!

13 Sharon March 5, 2013

I’m loving Orange cauliflower lately, it seems to taste a little different but I don’t know if really does or if I just think it does! I could eat broccoli and cauliflower everyday and not get tired of it.

14 Amelia March 5, 2013

Thanks for the lunch idea! I have a whole head of cauliflower in my fridge just waiting to be used.

FYI, if you are on a cauliflower kick lately, you may want to try out a cream of roasted cauliflower & beet soup— simply roast each, add caramelized onions and some veg broth, season and serve! Easy peasy! Cauliflower pizza crust is quite delish too. :)

15 Lindsay March 5, 2013

This looks so great. I’m always stocked up on Broccoli and Cauliflower so I need to give this one a try!

16 Lisa March 5, 2013

This looks great, but would give me sooooo much gas. Is there anything you do to be less gassy when eating cruciferous veggies & beans together?

17 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 5, 2013

Hi Lisa, Some people say taking natural digestive pills help with these kinds of foods I think there is one brand called Bean-zyme that’s vegan – I haven’t tried it but it might be worth checking out. Also, I find that soaking and cooking the beans from scratch helps with digestion (as opposed to using canned beans). Of course, you can also try roasting other veggies for this dish – any you like would work just fine!

18 Lisa March 5, 2013

Thanks! I will look into bean-zyme :)

19 barb March 6, 2013

I recently tried soaking and then sprouting my chickpeas and it worked perfectly! I just wrap them in a cheesecloth and put in a bowl in a dark cupboard and rinse every 4-6 hours for 2 days or even less. I feel so healthy and virtuous when I eat them then :-) Plus no gas.

20 Lisa March 8, 2013

Hi Angela and Lisa!

This Buddah bowl recipe sounds amazing, and I will surely make it. In reference to the gassy after effects of the cruciferous veggies, I’m wondering if they could be counteracted by adding some sort of seaweed to the dish. like when you add kombu to the pan when cooking beans from scratch?

21 Susan March 14, 2013

If you use canned beans, dump them into a colander and rinse with cold water until no more bubbles form on the beans. This greatly reduces the gas problem.

22 Ashley March 5, 2013

Oh goodness. I want this to be my lunch every single day!

23 Averie @ Averie Cooks March 5, 2013

I love the name you gave this one! And I love the ingredients used (even if roasted cauli and broccoli make my house stink to high heaven for days – that’s okay – they’re worth it! LOL)!

24 Rebekah March 5, 2013

Sounds delicious, but I feel like I would use a lot more than 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast 2 heads of cruciferous goodness. I recently made an Indian roasted cauliflower that called for 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup of olive oil. It was amazing. Maybe I will find a happy medium with the oil.

25 Amanda@ Spiritual Sweat March 5, 2013

This looks so yummy…. and simple! My favorite combo :) I will be making this for sure.

26 Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} March 5, 2013

Well this looks absolutely delicious! I had never roasted cauliflower before this winter and am now loving it. Definitely trying this!

27 Sarah @ Yogi in Action March 5, 2013

My boyfriend hates cauliflower….so naturally I am intrigued to make this to see if he would like it. Definitely adding to my list of things to make!

28 nelia March 5, 2013

As much as I love roasted cauliflower, It always comes out a little soft and soggy.
I pu it on parchment paper, It’s completely dried when I start, I just don’t get it.
I also find this happens when I try roasting chickpeas.(canned)
Nothing ever crisps up, just becomes soggy,soft.
What am I doing wrong, any ideas?

29 Susan March 14, 2013

Try these hints: After washing your cauliflower (or other veggie, beans), dry the pieces thoroughly. My rule of thumb is 2 T of oil. The trick is to be sure each piece is covered well with oil, but not soaked in it; a complete, light covering of oil. If you have time, lower the oven temperature, and extend the baking time. The item you’re roasting should look golden, just short of burned. Some burning won’t ruin it.

30 Liz January 8, 2014

This comment was left so long ago, but, for anyone doing some digging in the archives. . . :): The parchment is your problem. All the moisture from the veggies, instead of being dispersed and evaporated by the hot pan, resulting in a crispy, golden exterior, is being absorbed and held in by the parchment. You’re essentially steaming your veggies hence the sogginess. Try roasting them sans parchment (with some oil to keep them from burning and drying out) and see how they come out. :)

31 Sara Sharma March 5, 2013

I’m on holiday and want to rush home to make this! Clearly addicted to your blog :)

32 Heather March 5, 2013

The roasted chickpeas look delicious! For some reason, I never thought to cook them like that and now it has recipe ideas swirling around in my head for summer salads.

33 Alexis @ Hummusapien March 5, 2013

I’m so excited about this! I’m eating a buddha bowl right now for lunch with broccoli, carrots, brown rice, tofu and a super yummy peanut sauce (a copycat recipe from one of my favorite restaurants). I was just thinking about how I could change it up with sauce variations…so this is so perfect! I love the chickpea addition and the creamy sauce. YUM.

34 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health March 5, 2013

This looks delicious. I love the creamy dressing!

35 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar March 5, 2013

This sounds so yummy!

36 Sarah @ mymostlyhealthylife.com March 5, 2013

This looks amazing! I hear so much about tahini but have yet to try it, maybe this will be my first time!

37 Amy Holowaty March 5, 2013

Oh, I know that craving: http://cheesecurdsinfargo.blogspot.com/2013/03/cabbage-flower.html. Excited to try this bowl! :)

38 jodye @ chocolate & chou fleur March 5, 2013

I’ve definitely learned the lesson about eating an entire head of cauliflower in one sitting – but I continue to do it! This bowl look absolutely perfect. There’s literally nothing I would change about it. Thanks for the wonderful recipe – I know what’s going to be for dinner tonight!

39 Hilda March 5, 2013

I’m not a big fan of cauliflower but I do love it mashed together with broccoli and some cream. We’re big on mashed potatoes in Sweden, but mashed cauliflower and broccoli is just as good.

This recipe looks like something I could tolerate cauliflower in too! I’ll be sure to try it out sometime, maybe with some quinoa…

40 Amy March 5, 2013

I could have sworn you took a pic of my dinner plate because I make this exact dish about once a week and it looks the same… but I always top it with a lemon tahini garlic sauce. One of my fav comfort dishes!

41 Miche March 5, 2013

This looks so yummy! I’m going to try out this recipe over the weekend, thanks so much for sharing it. It definitely looks like it’s worth the buddha belly, hehe.

42 Cindy March 5, 2013

Can’t wait to try this! I love your recipes – and I am totally addicted to the banana bread batter for breakfast! It is unbelievable!!! Unfortunately I can eat the whole thing! Thanks for the super recipes!

43 Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) March 5, 2013

I love roasted cauliflower but I have never roasted broccoli for some reason! This Buddha Bowl sounds delicious, I really like the idea of adding roasted chickpeas for texture and protein. I can’t wait to try it.

44 The Vegan Cookie Fairy March 5, 2013

That DOES look tasty to me. Haha :D You’re not alone in your love of roasted broccoli and cauliflower!

45 Tori March 5, 2013

oh YES. I will be making this for dinner ASAP. mmmmmm can not wait!!

46 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 5, 2013

This sounds amazing! Both roasted vegetables and chickpeas are two of my favorite foods. I am so excited to try this :).

47 Britt Avery March 5, 2013

Obsessed with roasted veggies, especially cauliflower. Cant wait to try it!

48 Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} March 5, 2013

I love any roasted veggie! I have been in love with your lemon tahini dressing for the past year so I know I would love this dish.

49 Emma March 5, 2013

All of the ingredients in this dish are favourites- cauli + brocc, chickpeas, tahini, cashews, noosh! You must have made this with me in mind, haha :D

50 Lauren March 5, 2013

Looks delicious! The cashew dressing sounds divine — definitely trying soon.

51 Ariel Scheirer March 5, 2013

You might check out the Washington Post today online. They have a whole section of vegan/veg recipes (about 17).

52 Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles March 5, 2013

I can most certainly relate to your cauliflower craving lately. While I’ve never disliked cauliflower, it never really excited me – I preferred grape tomatoes or broccoli or zucchini, etc. However, I attempted mashed cauliflower a couple weeks ago, and though it didn’t turn out all that well, I’ve been all about the cauliflower since then! Needless to say, I think this buddha bowl dish looks incredible :)

53 Deb @ Dietitian Debbie Dishes March 5, 2013

This looks absolutely delish! I love, love, love roasted veggies! I haven’t tried roasting chickpeas yet, but they are next on my list!

54 Natalie March 5, 2013

This recipe looks so good, I’m adding to next week’s meal plan for sure. I’ve been eating Vegan 2 months now and I still can’t seem to get used to the taste of nutritional yeast. Can I reduce the amount used or even omit it from your recipes and still expect good results?

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 5, 2013

Yes you can certainly reduce it to taste :) Hope you enjoy!

56 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 5, 2013

Oh sign me right up! Right now I’m all about the big bowls of warm veggies I love your creativity with this dressing and I think I’ll be giving it a try! Like you, cauliflower has never been one of my favourites until this winter. Fingers crossed our snow will be gone soon! :)

57 Lisa Kelly March 5, 2013

this looks absolutely heavenly! nirvana in a bowl :)

58 Lisa C March 5, 2013

Made it tonight for dinner with a veggie stew and a big green salad. Perfect! Wouldn’t change a thing!

59 Jade C March 5, 2013

I’ve seen a lot of Buddha Bowl recipes around the blogisphere as of late, and keep forgetting to make one.. This looks great, and comforting.
I LOVE roasted cauliflower, and broccoli. Will be giving this one a go soon :) thanks!!

60 Candace | yogabycandace March 6, 2013

I have been on a cauliflower kick lately- just made a blended cauliflower/sweet potato soup and it was sooo good. I have a texture thing with cauliflower though- I just can’t handle it in it’s whole form- it’d gotta be chopped or blended or something. So weird, right? Anyway, I love your tahini dressing, so I’m gonna give this a go. Maybe I’ll even live on the edge and keep the cauliflowers whole. haha :)

61 Rose March 6, 2013

LOVE roasted cruciferous veggies! And I love roasted chickpeas. Looks like this will be dinner tonight :)

62 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 6, 2013

I love it! Looks amazing and would be so perfect for lunch!!

63 Jen O. March 6, 2013

This looks incredible. I LOVE anything tahini + lemon + chickpeas so this is getting made this weekend FOR SURE!

64 Jamie | Thrifty Veggie Mama March 6, 2013

I love roasted cauliflower and roasted chickpeas so this is perfect for me!

65 Christina March 6, 2013

This recipe looks so delicious, I usually just dress cauliflower in a little white balsamic and olive oil, but I will definitely be trying this soon!

66 Padma March 6, 2013

I love cauliflower and broccoli. Can’t wait to try this one out. That dressing sounds delicious!

67 Ágnes March 6, 2013

Sounds amazing!
Here in Hungary broccoli and cauliflower are not in season yet, but I will make it from frozen vegetables. :)

68 Alyssa January 14, 2014

how did that work out?

69 Katie March 6, 2013

Hi Angela!

This looks delicious – and very similar to my staple miso soup (method) recipes! I have some suggestions for the impatient types:
1) You can roast the cauliflower and the broccoli using this stovetop method:
Chop up broccoli and cauliflower into florets, and throw into a pot.
Cover with a lid, and turn up heat to high. The water from washing the vegetables should make them start to steam while “burning”.
Watch the pot, and give it a shake now and then. When you reach your desired level of browness, remove from heat and enjoy! (Your place will start to smell like a Chinese restaurant!)

I’ve never tried it with chickpeas, but I’m sure it’ll be a success!

2) Other awesome additions to make your Buddha Belly even happier: chopped bok choy, fresh (or pickled) ginger, wasame, grated carrot, daikon, sprouts …

3) I always always forget to soak my nuts and thus usually omit. The dressing is delicious without the cashews (if you adjust the liquid for consistency). However, I discovered last night that cooked chickpeas make an AMAZING stand in for soaked nuts!! Double bonus because my blender/food processor get mad at me when I try and make sunbutter …

And if you think cauliflower in the winter in Canada is good, make sure to pick some up at the farmer’s market! I hated cauliflower until I got some 2 years ago at the farmer’s market. It was immediately dubbed “magic cauliflower” and I was eating (by myself) a giant head a week. Roasted cauliflower-tofu ricotta, roasted Ethiopian cauliflower, raw cauliflower with tahini and Sriracha, mashed cauliflower in baked goods … So so delicious.
(Note: I’m also in Canada, and can attest to the winter cauliflower quality. Doesn’t hold a candle to the farmet’s market!)

70 Ann March 6, 2013

Yummers! This is the exact kind of dish I love your blog for. Healthy, yummy, inventive and easy! It’s such a good template for any other kind of veggie too. Thanks so much!

Also, I just want to say that I miss your “What I eat” series. It is so thought-provoking for me.

71 Roos March 6, 2013

What a great idea! The dressing looks delicious and is a great replacement for a cheesesauce, which we typically make in Holland. Thanks!

72 Jeremy March 6, 2013

This sounds delicious! And the roasted cauliflower cravings don’t seem so odd to me. I have this strange addiction to roasted cauliflower with ketchup and sriracha – it makes up for the lack of french fries and hash browns in my diet.

Sometimes at the cafeteria at work they serve amazing roasted cauliflower that is really creamy and just melts in my mouth. I haven’t figured out how to get that effect at home yet. Even steaming them a little before roasting hasn’t quite done the trick. Any ideas?

73 McKel | Nutrition Stripped March 6, 2013

This recipe is screaming warm, comfort, and cozy-ness in this cold weather (here in Nashville). The sauce is my favorite part, you can’t go wrong with “cheese” sauce and broccoli right? Trying this soon and thanks for sharing this!

74 Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies March 6, 2013

Ohhh, that dressing sounds super tasty! My boyfriend hates the texture of chickpeas– I’ll have to try roasting them, maybe he’ll come around.

75 Anna @ Your Healthy Place March 6, 2013

That dressing sounds heavenly! I love the flavours in it and creamy dressings are a must in winter time, for some weird reason…! I’ve been on the broccoli/cauliflower fan train for a long time so no persuasion needed here but I love the idea of adding roasted chickpeas into the mix. Delish!

76 andrea March 6, 2013

I used to only tolerate cauliflower if it was smothered in cheese or turned into soup. l also recently developed a desire to roast it and add it to salad – especially good with kale. Must try the cashew tahini…

77 Nat @ The Apple Diaries March 6, 2013

Sometimes the most simple ingredients can make such a delicious meal. Roasting the chickpeas is a great idea and the creamy sauce looks like it would add just the right amount of extra flavour.

Thanks for sharing :)

78 Karen March 6, 2013

I am so looking forward to trying this recipe… but one ingredient in many of your recipes is a problem for me. Nutritional yeast. It’s an inflammation trigger for me, and I’ve been unable to find a substitute. What do you recommend?

79 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 7, 2013

I’m not sure Karen, you could experiment with the dressing without it. You just might have to tweak the other ingredients a bit but I’m sure it would still taste nice. goodluck!

80 Live Love Yum March 6, 2013

Looks great….but you scared me off with the Buddha Belly – I don’t need it! :)

81 Corinne March 6, 2013

Yum! I love chickpeas…and try and fit in the broccoli and cauliflower too :)

82 Ali @ Project Kale March 6, 2013

This looks so simple, and SO yummy! I’ve always loved broccoli and chickpeas in any shape or form, but I was never a cauliflower fan either until I ate it roasted!! It’s delicious!!

83 Vegan Radhika Sarohia March 6, 2013

Yess! Looks delicious. I love roasted vegetables in bowls and also as part of salads (esp in cold weather)

84 Deb March 6, 2013

Mmmmm…this is delicious! Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe!!!

85 Christy S. March 6, 2013

Just made this for my family tonight. Wonderful! My husband could not stop commenting on how amazing it was. My teenage boys ate and ate it, even though I found it very filling. Thank you! You were not kidding though about the Buddha belly… Toting one right now. Always love your recipes! Thanks, Angela!

86 Vanessa March 6, 2013

Oh, wow. This is definitely on the “to-make” list. Roasted veggies are the bomb.

87 Susan March 6, 2013

Banana bread? I have 2 ripe bananas sitting on the counter and my kids requested banana bread but when I searched your recipes I didn’t find one – which surprised me given your generous use of bananas. Any suggestions?

88 Lindsay @ VeganYumminess March 7, 2013

Oh YUM!!!

89 Cynthia G March 7, 2013

This recipe looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it. For the dressing, what other nut can I use instead of the cashews.

90 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 7, 2013

Macadamia nuts would work and probably almonds. Or you can make my lemon tahini dressing that I linked to at the bottom of the directions. Goodluck!

91 Cynthia G March 7, 2013

Oh, I already do your Lemon Tahini Dressing. I just love it and make a big batch of it and store it in the fridge for a quick topping on salads. I was interested to try the added nut version. I will try it with soaked almonds and let you know how it goes.

92 Natalie March 7, 2013

I made this for dinner last night, deeeeelish!!! I loved it and can’t wait to have the rest for lunch today! Def a new staple in my house. Thanks for sharing.

93 Michaela March 7, 2013

Have you read Kris Carr’s book, Crazy Sexy Diet? She similarly named one of her stables “Buddha Bowl.” Great minds think alike!

94 Ashley March 7, 2013

Made this last night. Loved it. The dressing is sooooo good.

95 Julia March 7, 2013

This looks delicious. Have you ever heard of Green Temple? It’s the worlds best veggie restaurant in Redondo Beach, CA and this looks a lot like an item on their menu.

Anglea- what brand of nutritional yeast do you recommend?

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 8, 2013

Hi Julia, I don’t recommend a particular brand per say, but I buy the Purely Bulk brand because that’s what my grocery store carries. I haven’t heard of Green Temple, but it sounds right up my alley!

97 Erica March 7, 2013

This was amazing!!! My grandparents are going out of town and gave us all of the food in their fridge, which included a TON of cauliflower on the verge of going bad :P So I roasted it for my dad and me (and I?), along with some broccolini (and the chickpeas), which is like broccoli but better! I would have eaten it all myself but I get awful stomachaches when I eat too many cruciferous vegetables, which is disappointing because they are so healthy and they are some of my favorite foods.

98 Amanda March 7, 2013

This is a delicious recipe thanks. I’m making it this weekend but might add a sprinkling of lightly roasted pumpkin seeds on top too.

99 Renard Moreau March 8, 2013

[ Smiles ] Your roasted Buddha bowl looks delicious!

100 Suzanne March 8, 2013

I am so glad you found a love of cauliflower and broccoli – they are 2 of my favorite vegetables and I LOVE them roasted. I have 2 heads of cauliflower in the fridge – may just have to have one for lunch today(and pay the price ;-) .I also love roasted ck peas – one of the best things about my work from home days is that I can make them (I find they do not keep their crunch if I don’t eat them right away). Mmm – good with chili powder &/or chana masala spice as well.

101 {Moni} @ Moni Meals March 8, 2013

I could and want to eat this everyday!!

Thanks Ang. :)

102 Monica @ Model Chef March 8, 2013

I’m thinking the same…everyday. lol

103 Cathy March 8, 2013

Great tip for fast soaking the cashew nuts – I always forget to soak my nuts so they are never ready when I need them!

104 Karen D. March 8, 2013

I always hated cauliflower because I had always had it steamed (yuck) or raw (not my favorite). I tried roasted and now LOVE cauliflower. My kids eat every bite I make and ask for more. They also love cheddar cauliflower, which has a lovely yellow/orange hue.

105 Monica @ Model Chef March 8, 2013

This looks absolutely divine! I’m hungry now.

106 Shira March 9, 2013

Hi Angela,
Been loving your blog as usual, I want to try your “not average” potato soup this weekend, but this gorgeous weather today (Northeast of T.O.) is making me want to make some groovy salads :) I had a question/request, wasn’t sure if I should drop it here or e-mail you, so here goes! Regarding your vegan 101 type posts, I was wondering how you/vegans manage to digest so many vegetables! I am very allergic to dairy, and very sensitive to eggs, I eat a lot of vegan foods naturally and love vegan recipes. Anyways, when I eat a salad for lunch I am often left nauseous, sometimes with a headache, and sometimes with ‘tummy trouble’. I also have to avoid veggies like cabbage, broccoli, and kale.. too much bloat and pain! Any suggestions regarding this, any tips or your experiences? I know I am sensitive, so perhaps most people don’t have these problems, but it is definitely something that prevents me from eating more fabulous vegan meals! Would love your input, anytime :)
P.S. looooove your spicy red lentil soup (I use spinach for the kale) and roasted tomato and onion soup (OMG. so. good.).. they’ve gotten my boyfriend and I through the winter!

107 kristle March 14, 2013

that split pea potato soup is delicious!! the spiced red lentil tomato soup also ruled my winter. i wish i could give you a comment on the bloating from veggie thing, but i dont think i’ve ever had that problem. maybe beano before a meal?

108 Moira March 9, 2013

I made this for lunch today and I must say it was superb. Thanks for sharing with us!

109 brittany March 9, 2013

Angela, have you ever made some YouTube videos? I think your Vegan 101 series would be AMAZING as a YouTube series. Just demo each recipe or talk about each tip in short 2-minute videos or whatever! I know we would all love to hear your thoughts!

110 Julie March 9, 2013

Thank you so much for this recipe! I have been a vegan since new year’s and I am so grateful that I found your blog. I have lost 10 pounds and am learning to love the taste of pure, whole foods. I never thought I would love something with broccoli and cauliflower more than fast food! Your recipes are amazing and have really helped with my transition to this new diet.

111 Lisa @ Greek Vegetarian March 11, 2013

Oh. Yum. Those golden roasted chickpeas look amazing. I think of a few people I can use this recipe on to convert into cauliflower/broccoli lovers!

112 Cheryl March 11, 2013

Made it–and WOW! This is going down as a favorite. That sauce is SO good, and so good for us! :D

113 meg March 11, 2013

this is excellent! made it last night – it was not too difficult to make and i mixed it with a rice/barley blend from trader joe’s. the meat-eating boyfriend liked it too! it’s filling and very tasty. might play around and add some other veggies or perhaps craisins next time? thanks for a great, healthy recipe!

114 Jane March 11, 2013

This recipe looks absolutely delicious. Chickpeas are a favorite of mine, but I’ve never tried them roasted which sounds amazing. Roasted cauliflower and broccoli are always a big hit at my house.

115 Krista @InvitedDIY March 11, 2013

I’m a big fan of broccoli and cauliflower so I’m sure I’ll love this. Any tips for making the sauce smooth – i.e. soaking the cashews longer? I’ve made various versions of cashew sauce but my food processor never seems to get the sauce to the right consistency?

116 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2013

I would try soaking overnight maybe?

117 Jenna March 11, 2013

Just made this, a new favorite!!!

118 Deepa March 12, 2013

so yummy, thanks!

119 Rose Chilibeck March 12, 2013

I saw this recipe link this AM on a friends facebook page and HAD to make it. True to form it is yet ANOTHER amazing recipe!! I like that the ingredients are simple as well as I live in a small northern town that doesn’t have a lot of exotic ingredients to buy! Well done AGAIN. Sharing for sure!!

120 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 12, 2013

Thank you so much Rose! Im so happy :)

121 Carrie March 12, 2013

Just finished eating this for dinner. The whole family loved it including my 16 month old. Thanks for the recipe!

122 rabbit March 12, 2013

Angela
I’m not great with the internet (don’t like to leave an imprint) but I made your Budda Bowel tonight and if was FABULOUS! I’d buy a cook book from you for this alone. Please keep up the good work this is the 3rd recipe of yours I’ve tried. I didn’t have much luck with one – but the other two (this included) excellent. Thank-you. I will continue to visit your site.

123 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! I so appreciate it :)

124 Kristy-Anne March 12, 2013

Have been so inspired by many of your recipes. I love them, so delicious. This one was so amazing it made me stop and write a comment. I NEVER write comments. Loved, it and plan to make it again already this week.
So excited for the cookbook!

125 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2013

Hey Kristy-Anne, Aw Im so happy to hear that! Thanks for your comment :)

126 Jeni March 13, 2013

What a fabulous tasty recipe. My husband said I will convert him to a vegan very soon!!! Thankyou.

127 Jenc March 13, 2013

This was great! I have NEVER made cauliflower before. I did the 45 minute soak with boiling water and it didn’t turn out as creamy as yours (and I used a Vitamix). It didn’t take away from the flavor, but next time I’ll have to remember to do the overnight soak. Thanks for the recipe!!

128 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2013

So glad you enjoyed it Jen!

129 Madeleine March 14, 2013

Excellent dish! I’ve made it twice now and we love it – next time I’m going to also roast Brussels sprouts. Also, my cuisinart lid is broken and didn’t want to use the vitamix since I find it difficult to get sauces out of there so used my immersion blender and it came out great. Thanks so much for your excellent recipe making skills!

130 Aleksandra Slijepcevic March 14, 2013

That looks absolutely delicious (and the name beckons!). What a great post, I will definitely have to try this! :)

131 Abrey March 15, 2013

Hello! I am new to the vegan life style and just found your website and I LOVE IT!!!! I have tried a few of your recipes and they are FANTASTIC! Just made this Budha Bowl and the whole family (hubby, 6 year old daughter, and 8 year old son) all really enjoyed it. Thank you for your recipes – keep them coming!!!

132 Eliana March 17, 2013

This dish is awesome! Thank You!!!

133 Elizabeth March 18, 2013

Made this tonight, was great! Thank you for helping me find a way to like cauliflower! I did add a bit of balsamic to the dressing as well.

134 Rebecca March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for all of your blogs and recipes!! I’ve not only become a better cook, but I’ve actually gotten my meat loving husband to give me a shocked, “Whoa. I think I like this!” and not request a side of meat to go with it. I made this tonight, although I ran out of time to make brown rice with it, but my husband and I gorged on just the broccoli, cauliflower, chickpeas and sauce. I cannot wait to eat it tomorrow for lunch, too! So stuffed! Thank you for making being vegan and healthy so delicious!

135 Amy March 19, 2013

Finally got a chance to make this for dinner last night. It was really delicious, exactly as written. We had it over a bed of quinoa. I’m really looking forward to the leftovers for lunch today. The dressing was so tasty, I doubt there will be any leftovers. :)

136 Alexis @ Hummusapien March 19, 2013

Oh Angela, you’ve done it again! I made this last night and I am totally obsessed. I could easily drink the dressing (it’s that good) but I’m trying to save it for leftovers! I love the creaminess that the cashews add. I’m eating the leftoevrs for lunch right now and dreading being done with it :)

137 John March 20, 2013

The name alone makes me want to try this dish!

And I love broccoli and cauliflower together so I will definitely try to make this next week.

I don’t like chickpeas so I would probably substitute them with either roasted cashews or sun flower nuts – think that would work out well.

138 Peri March 20, 2013

I have to eat broccoli frequently and I was about to get totally fed up with having it steamed all the time. I will try this for a change. It looks yummy!

139 John March 20, 2013

I added a little agave nectar to add a bit of sweetness. Great dressing!

140 Wendy March 20, 2013

This dish is divine! I’ve been enjoying roasted cauliflower for a couple of years, and I’m passionate about it. I added Brussels sprouts to my Buddha bowls, and it was a great addition. Angela, I can’t rave about this sauce enough. I’ve been emailing friends and singing the praises of your blog. You’ve got a hard core fan in me, and I’m sending others :-) I’m making some of this sauce right now for………I haven’t decided yet.

141 Leslie March 22, 2013

Made this tonight for the family and OMG is it delish!! I usually roast cauliflower or broccoli separately as a side dish- but this was a treat… Thanks for this great new side!!

142 Julie March 23, 2013

I love cauliflower be it raw or cooked so new recipes using it are always very welcome to me. I’ll try it on my kids, see if they like it.

143 Melissa Wolf March 24, 2013

So yummy! Thank you. I was skeptical about the dressing but wow. Just finished a big bowl with mixed greens and it was very filling and savory. Will be lunch tomorrow too!

144 vivien March 25, 2013

Thanks a lot for this recipe, it was so DELICIOUS! :)

145 Sarah March 25, 2013

Tonight over dinner my husband whimpered at me, “This is so good I want to rub my face in it!” Haha! Thank you for the delicious dinner idea. We obviously both loved it. :)

146 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2013

LOL now that is a good meal! ;)

147 Pam March 28, 2013

This was delicious! Even my non-vegetarian husband declared this good!

148 Alyson March 28, 2013

This looks delicious and I would love to make it tonight, however I am candida cleansing… Would the dressing be okay sans yeast? Thanks!

149 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 29, 2013

Yes I think it should be fine…you just might need to reduce the lemon juice a bit as nooch can offset the acid

150 Rochelle April 5, 2013

Oh my! Just made this and it was heaven! My kids could not wait for it to come out of the oven. Served over a bed of Quinoa cooked in Vegetable broth! This was fantastic!

151 deb April 17, 2013

This was so simple and so good. Total comfort food. I did not soak beans just added more water to thin in food processor. Awesome!

152 Ann April 18, 2013

Oh,,,my…goodness. I finally made this yesterday with broccoli and actually some roasted turnips (did not have cauliflower), but good lord, that dressing left me speechless, seriously. Maybe I’m a nerd…but I almost wept, it was so yum. And the roasted chickpeas? You’ve changed my life! I actually don’t like the consistency of chickpeas but I devoured these.

My husband closed his eyes and said “Yummmm…is this another vegan recipe?” Yup, I answered, it is. And there are more to come! Thanks Angela!

153 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 19, 2013

aw that makes me so happy! Thank you so much for trying it and letting me know!

154 Cathleen April 23, 2013

I am dying to try this recipe! I am new to vegan and living overseas and I haven’t found a place to purchase nutritional yeast yet. What do you recommend for the dressings that call for NY? should I just omit it and carry on… or should I use something as a replacement? thanks for the help!

155 Cathleen April 23, 2013

I see a great answer above – just go lighter on the lemon!

156 Angel April 25, 2013

I made this tonight and the family liked it! Our rendition included sliced carrots, red peppers, and topped with your sauce, green onions, fresh tomatoes and a dash of chili powder. I really like your recipes! Thank you for sharing!

157 Andrea May 1, 2013

I made this tonight and served with some biscuits. I poured the entire sauce over the veggies and let it cool a bit. The kids both loved it! Thrilled to find this recipe.

158 Mary-Ann May 5, 2013

This was delicious! Made it as a side for a dinner party; one guest thought the sauce contained cream because it was so creamy.

159 Nathalie May 5, 2013

I absolutely love this recipe…. I make it twice and week and eat it for days…..
I’d love to see what else would be good with the sauce. And what other similar recipes you have.
Thanks

160 Mel May 14, 2013

Holy moly this was so delicious! I found it pretty quick and easy, and it’s so good I’ll be making it often. Two things I’d change for next time – My vegetables and chickpeas were overcooked. I’ll probably lower the temperature to 350 or 375 next time. I actually liked the crunch of the “blackened broccoli” but the chickpeas were a little too hard and crunchy. And I used one large clove of garlic in the dressing, but it was a little too garlic-y for me. The next day after sitting in the fridge over night it’s really overpowering. Next time I’ll use a small clove or 1/2 a clove of garlic.

Still this is SO good. I served it over brown rice.

161 Megan Barnett May 21, 2013

Just have to say I am new to your site and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I have never found a site with such reliably delicious food. Tonight my kids made the Roasted Buddha Bowl with me. They are 4 and 6. My 6 year old son made the sauce in the Vitamix. My daughter prepped all of the veggies and chickpeas. They went crazy over this dinner, they are pretty good eaters but I would normally have to argue over this one. Thanks for mixing it up for us!!!!

162 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 22, 2013

Thank you Megan! So happy you are all enjoying the recipes :)

163 Leslie May 30, 2013

My husband cooked this up for dinner tonight. We were immediate fans. We really like the roasted chickpeas. It gives it a just a little crunch. Delicious!

164 Meagan June 6, 2013

This was AMAZING. I made it last night. It was a hit. I did not have cauliflower and could not find it organic in the store, so I used Zucchini. It worked, luckily!

165 rachel July 2, 2013

Nummers! I had a lot of extra sauce so I put it on top of brown rice spaghetti noodles, then added some peas for color and a pop of flavor and some pepper. NOM!!

166 Karen Lazarenko July 11, 2013

Finally made this today. It’s been on my to do list since I first saw it. Oh my goodness it was delicious. Threw in some leftover roasted zucchini we BBQ’d the other night. Deeeeeelish!!

167 Leah Banton July 31, 2013

Tried this recipe last night, I am in love! Even my veggie shy husband enjoyed it. Thanks for another great one Angela!

168 LCI August 6, 2013

I made this last night and it was delicious. Only change I made was to substitute hummus for tahini, simply because I didn’t have the latter. Excellent dish.

169 Megan August 12, 2013

I made this for dinner last night. It was amazing! The whole family loved it!

170 Tess August 14, 2013

Tried this last weekend as a side-dish (no grains) and my while gang LOVED it! It was surprisingly filling, but surprisingly delicious. Especially the cheeze sauce, which I used a double portion of :P

171 slywlf September 11, 2013

Oh yeah! I discovered this blog only recently, so taking a page from The Doctor I have been doing a little Time Traveling, discovering things I had missed. I totally understand the roasted cauliflower craving – I just had it a couple days ago. Happily my local farm stand was able to supply me with a beautiful head. I proceeded to roast it along with some thickly sliced red onion and a head of garlic. Bliss! Now I have to try this! My love of broccoli goes deep – I particularly like a rough-chopped raw salad like I made a couple days ago, which came out like a weird green second cousin of a Waldorf salad – I ate it for three days and never got bored! Now I must give this version of broccoli a shot. Roasting changes it into a whole new veggie, and with my cauliflower and then adding the chickpeas… Heaven ;-)

172 Linda September 18, 2013

I just made this for my family, 4 giant thumbs up! Including from my 3 yr old and 1 yr old who were begging me for more veggies!! Sending a giant cyber hug your way for getting my boys to happily eat their veggies AND ask for more :)

173 Carol September 26, 2013

Can I freeze the broccoli/cauliflower in serving size bags after preparing?

174 Suzanne October 17, 2013

I made this for dinner tonight and almost cried it was so good.

Love your blog! It has inspired me to cook again after falling off the wagon!

175 Karen H. October 28, 2013

I made this last night and it was so good! My first experience with nutritional yeast and I was delighted with the results. In fact I loved the sauce so much I made up another double batch today just to have on hand! I’m hoping to find more delicious recipes like this one to make my transition to vegan an easy one. :)

176 Claire November 19, 2013

Just made this and my husband and I loved it! Makes a great weekday meal with leftovers for lunch!

177 Dave November 29, 2013

I can’t wait to try this out. In fact I’m going to make it this weekend.

My 4yo son loves broccoli, to the point that he will try and eat it raw. As soon as the bags hit the kitchen floor he is straight in there tearing open the bag to get at it.

In fact now I say that out loud as it were it does sound a little weird.lol

Perhaps we should have him checked out…

Dave.

178 Katie December 2, 2013

I’ve had this recipe bookmarked since the day it was posted, but I never seem to get around to making it because everything looks so good except for the sauce.

Because I hate tahini. I’ve tried it so many times, and the only time I don’t hate it is when it’s in store bought hummus. Whenever I try to use even the smallest amount in anything that I make, it tastes horrible. Would leaving it out completely negate the purpose of making that sauce? Is there a different sauce you could recommend?

Thanks!

179 Natalie December 18, 2013

When I make the sauce I add avocado instead of cashews. When I add a whole avocado, a bit more lemon and extra water to thin it out to the consistancy I like you can’t even taste the tahini. It’s still sooo good! If I were you I would use it just maybe half of it instead of a whole tbs. You should really try this dish. It is worth playing around with a bit.

180 Liz January 8, 2014

You could just replace it with whatever nut butter you have on hand. I imagine almond or cashew would work well. Really, I’m sure any seed or nut butter you prefer would be totally fine.

181 Natalie December 18, 2013

Since finding this recipe two months ago I have made this every week at least twice. It is soooooo good!!!!! I put 1/2 an avocado in instead of cashews so need more water for the consistancy I like but other than that I stick to the recipe. Just finished my second bowl this week and I want another! Thanks for your blog. I love how your recipes have evolved over the years.

182 Sara December 28, 2013

Thank you for your recipes! I have recently had to go vegan and gluten-free for health purposes and have been floundering a bit with what to make. Everything I’ve tried from your site has been wonderful. I made this bowl tonight and it was AMAZING! If I hadn’t made it with quinoa and felt completely stuffed, I could’ve eaten the whole bowl. Thank you again!

183 Kathy January 3, 2014

I was looking for an ‘antidote’ to all of the heavy holiday eating we have been doing, and luckily I had all the ingredients for the buddha bowl on hand. I just made it, and it is AWESOME. Thank you for another delicious, satisfying, healthy recipe! Happy New Year!

184 Alice January 7, 2014

This looks yummy! I’m not a big fan of Tahini – could I leave it out or replace it with something else? Thoughts? Thank you!

185 Crystal January 8, 2014

I just made this tonight .. you are actually amazing Angela thank you!!

186 Amy January 9, 2014

any good replacements for nutritional yeast? I meal planned for the week but missed this ingredient. =( and I’m making it tonight!

187 Angela January 13, 2014

I was wondering what type of cashews you use in this recipe, it doesn’t specify. I would guess raw because you have to soak them. I bought “roasted” and am soaking them now. Wondering if I even need to because they’re already roasted? Also, I bought Bragg’s nutritional yeast “seasoning”. The ingredients seem the same as normal nutritional yeast, I’m just thrown off because it says “seasoning”. I’m new to these vegan type ingredients, and just was wondering if you could help me understand. Thank you!!

188 Leslie January 16, 2014

So I made this recipe 2 nights ago for dinner & my husband & I thoroughly enjoyed! Only comment on it is re: leftovers. We reheated the leftovers tonight & it tasted really funny! Has anyone else had this experience? Maybe if I don’t put the dressing on the leftovers? It had a really strong/pungent taste that wasn’t very pleasant. If others have also experienced this, might be worthwhile to add a note about storing the leftover veggies/dressing separately?

189 Fiona January 19, 2014

This was so yummy!! I used adzuki beans and I would probably try a lot of different sauces with this. Very easy and delicious!

190 Shana January 21, 2014

Just tried this tonight with some rainbow quinoa–it was delicious! Your recipes are always a win! Thanks for sharing!

191 AutumnTao January 22, 2014

Made this 1/20/14. Served over tri-colored quinoa. It was awesome. Healthy whole food deliciousness. Can’t wait for the cookbook :) Thanks for another great recipe, Angela. XO

192 Angelina January 23, 2014

Made this for dinner tonight. I could not believe how delicious it was. I always expect to love your recipes but I could not stop eating it. But even more exciting, my two year old could not stop eating it either. He kept asking for more, and he is a picky eater. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :)

193 Susanti January 25, 2014

I made this last week & it was fantastic! Making it again this week. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe.

194 Michele Chorman January 25, 2014

I love this recipe. It is easy and so good!! This will be a regular on our menu for sure! Thanks so much!

195 Kristen January 27, 2014

Made this last night, so delish! I changed it up a bit and sprinkled cumin on the veggies before sticking them in the oven, this gave the dish a bit more flavor and a slight kick.

196 Heidi January 27, 2014

For the past 21 days I was on a Daniel fast, which is basically vegan but even stricter. I was so happy to find your website and such great recipes. After a while you get tired of soup and chili. I made your pasta recipe with butternut squash, wonderful. The best was the Buddha Bowl, it was the first time I have ever enjoyed cauliflower. Thank you so much. I have finished my fast but I will continue to make your recipes because they are plain good.

197 Michele January 27, 2014

I just made this bowl of awesome tonight. I’m still eating it and already can’t wait for tomorrow’s leftovers. This will definitely become a regular meal for me. It was my first time working with nutritional yeast. I’ve been avoiding recipes that call for it for years, and now I wonder why. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

198 Allison January 28, 2014

My husband and I have fallen in love with this (as well as many other of your recipes!). However, the second time we made it, we doubled the batch as to leave left-overs. The first night, it was as perfect as we remembered. However, now that we are eating the left-overs there is a LOT of heat- by the end of the bowl it’s pretty uncomfortable. Any idea why this may be? Also the cauliflower now has a radish sort of taste to it. Again, curious if it’s the sauce or if cauliflower can take on this heat somehow. Thanks!!!

199 Georgina Rodrigues January 30, 2014

I am in Mexico , Puerto Vallarta for 4 months and wondered if you can make Tahini, with sesame seeds here? we can get the seeds but not the Tahini prepared. I love to use my Nutri Blast machine which whips up everything even better than the Vitamix blender I used to use.
Any recipes out there for Tahini?

200 Dana February 6, 2014

Angela, Thank you for this wonderful recipe! Simple and delicious. Served it over cubed steamed (leftover) sweet potatoes and really enjoyed the flavor combo! Making it again tomorrow :-)

201 Lisle February 18, 2014

I tried this recipe tonight by roasting broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, and chickpeas, and serving it over organic kamut. It. Was. Amazing. My fiancé and I will be using your website a ton from now on for food inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

202 Kalle LeMone February 19, 2014

This recipe was delicious! I added butternut squash and mushrooms and sprinkled everything with cumin. We will defintely make this again. Thank you Angela!

203 Seatown Kate February 27, 2014

Just tried this and it is *amazing*! My meat-eating husband and I ate it like it was junk food or something. I added some red quinoa (cooked with the lemon rind and a spoonful of tahini) for some extra crunch and protein and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing a fantastic recipe!

204 Elizabeth Brousson March 3, 2014

This recipe is so delicious! We eat it at least 3 times a month!

205 Michele March 7, 2014

I just discovered this recipe about a month ago, and it has quickly become one of my favorite dishes. Anyone have any other veggie combos they’ve tried? I’m thinking of trying one with chickpeas, kale (sauteed instead of roasted) and _______??? some other veggie. Was thinking of an asparagus and cauliflower version as well.

206 Elsa October 25, 2014

I made this with broccoli, tomatoes and onions. Turned out well I think :) Add the tomatoes after half the time though.

Kale sounds nice! I imagine carrots, leek, zucchini or mushrooms would be nice, too :)

207 Susan March 14, 2014

Oh my goodness. I made this for dinner and it is amazing! I made some adjustments to meet the needs of the moment, but the spirit of the final dish was fully yours. Thank you. I will make this again, no doubt.

208 Jodi March 15, 2014

I’m new to healthy cooking and vegan dishes – can I get more info on what nutritional yeast is – what is is – what it does – and where I buy it

209 allison reece March 25, 2014

Oh my goodness! This is the most excellent dish! It’s a keeper for sure. Simple and easy cleanup too. I did add one more vegetable, onions. Everything came out perfect. Great comfort food. Plenty of protein. Mix of textures: crunchy, soft, and wonderfully creamy. Thank you!

210 SJF April 10, 2014

Absolutely delicious! Loved it and will make again.

211 Christina May 22, 2014

Is there anything I can substitute for the tahini? I live in an isolated community in northern Canada and it’s not readily available.

212 Laura July 12, 2014

Hello, I am new here! While surfing the internet for some yummy recipes I found your site, the recipe above and we just finished eating all of it. My boyfriend who is a passionate meat-lover just couldn’t get enough. Thank you!

213 Jen August 26, 2014

I can confirm!! It IS DELICIOUS! I will be eating this for lunch this week! IT tastes AMAZING! It’s almost as if I’m having a super cheesy bad-for-me lunch! But it’s sooooo good in more ways than one! ;) Two thumbs up!

214 Erin October 19, 2014

I’ve been drooling at this for days, but I don’t have an oven in my tiny studio apartment. Maybe I’ll try to saute this up, instead.

215 Elsa October 25, 2014

Mmm, this was delicious! I ate almost all of it by myself haha, wouldn’t have lasted for three meals here! I ate it plain though, with grains (and maybe some fresh salad?) it would have served more people.

216 Jennifer November 4, 2014

hi-wondering what kind of nutritional yeast you use? thank you!!

217 Raeyanna November 24, 2014

I just made this for lunches this week. SO GOOD!!
You had me at all of the roasting and tahini dressing. :)

218 Elissa November 30, 2014

Hi! I have a very severe allergy to sesame seeds and I was wondering if there were any similar-tasting substitutes for the tahini sauce. Thanks!

219 manuela January 16, 2015

Hi Angela
I love your blog and your 1st cookbook and hardly wait for your 2nd one. I have recently been diagnosed with several food sensitives cashews, brazil nuts and peanuts to name a few. I eat vegan, wheat free and dairy free any suggestions what I can do to replace cashews in a recipe as I know they are great to replace dairy?
Thanks Manuela

220 Heather February 19, 2015

Ummm….this is the first recipe of yours I’ve tried and I have to say….YOU.ARE.AMAZING. Thank you SO much!! I’ll be picking up a copy of your cookbook tomorrow : ) I so appreciate you doing what you do, I’m newly vegan and loving it!!

221 Tara February 27, 2015

Was looking for a new recipe to make with the tons of broccoli and cauli i had in the fridge. Was lazy so I blanched them instead, and used pre-made tachina. Can’t wait to try it!

222 stefania March 9, 2015

Hi, tried the recipe but I think that the measurements for the lemon tahini sauce are off. I follow the measurements as prescribed but it came out too salty I think that it is because of the 1/4 of cup for nutritional yeast, I also compared the measurements with your original lemon tahini dressing from your book and they were completely different. it even gave me headache I wonder how could I fix the dressing to use it for a later dish?

223 Regina March 28, 2015

OMG. This is so good. I am obsessed and want to eat it everyday. Thanks, Angela, for another great recipe!! :-)

224 Cathy March 31, 2015

Anyone know the calorie and fat content on this amazing dish?

225 Jody Cedzidlo April 20, 2015

I just wanted to tell you this recipe has become a weeknight staple in our house and we have played with many variations! Roasted chickpeas/red onions/brussel sprouts/sweet potato and omit the quinoa; roasted sweet potato, chickpea, avocado, and cilantro tacos with this same dressing but made with lime instead of lemon and plenty of cumin on the chickpeas; I could go on. I truly cannot thank you enough for the base dressing recipe! This single post has made us so much less stressed during the week without resorting to unhealthy food. Thank you!!

226 Tracyann Cummings July 16, 2015

Hi,

This looks great, is there an other alternative for the nutritional yeast? I’m fasting and I have to remove all yeast products from my diet for a short period of time.

227 Amy October 12, 2015

This was my second time making this delicious recipe. The first time the fresh garlic was a little strong in the dressing. This time I roasted 2 garlic cloves with the rest of the veggies and used those in the dressing. Also added Braggs and a bit of apple cider vinegar to dressing. Yum!

228 MrsD January 16, 2016

Coming from a meat-eater, this was so, so, so good! Everything a great recipe should be and so comforting :) We are going to be making this very often around here.

229 Britany January 20, 2016

Hi Angela! Do you have a version of this sauce without nutritional yeast?

230 Linda January 30, 2016

Hi! I’d like to make this but I’ve got no food proccessor :(
However I do have 100% cashew butter and I was wondering how much to swap in…thanks!