Blissful Buckwheat Granola Clusters (Oil-free)

blissfulbuckwheatgranola-2137

Do you know how dangerous it is to have freshly baked granola sitting on the counter during a long winter evening? And by dangerous, I mean it totally feels healthy enough (vegan, oil-free, buckwheat!) to keep picking away at all night long. You can be sure we did. Each time one of us left the kitchen with a couple clusters in hand, we’d say, “OK, this is the last piece of the night!” only to be tempted back into the kitchen during the next commercial break.

This granola stands apart from the crowd with its lightly sweet, oil-free clusters of crunchy cinnamon-coated buckwheat and sunflower seeds. There isn’t an oat in sight, but we hardly noticed or even cared. For those of you who were pleading for a recipe using almond pulp, you’ll be happy to know that I threw my leftover almond pulp into this batch and it blended seamlessly. I’m sure it also works just fine without it though.

Added on top of a Green Monster for breakfast, I couldn’t take those pictures fast enough! Snap, snap, slurp, slurp.

blissfulbuckwheatgranola-2127

Blissful Buckwheat Granola Clusters

Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free. For nut-free version leave out the almond pulp.

Email, Text, or Print this recipe

Yield: about 12 servings or roughly 4.5-5 cups

Dry ingredients:

• 1.5 cups raw buckwheat groats (not Kasha)
  • Leftover almond pulp (I had about 1/2 cup or so)*
  • 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)

Wet ingredients:

• 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup coconut nectar syrup (see below for other options)
  • 3 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or almond or peanut butter)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 300F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. If using almond pulp, it will remain a bit chunky, but not to worry.

3. In a smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients until combined. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated and wet.

4. Spread granola onto baking sheet in a uniform layer. Bake at 300F for 20 minutes, roughly flip granola, and bake for another 18-20 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn. Granola will be lightly golden on the bottom and will harden a lot during the cooling process.

5. Cool completely on the pan and then store in a glass container on the counter for up to 3-4 weeks (just an estimate).

Notes: 1) I assume this recipe also works without the almond pulp, so if you don’t have any still give it a shot. 2) If you don’t have coconut nectar, feel free to use brown rice syrup. Honey would work too if that’s part of  your diet. These sticky sweeteners help the granola clump together. You can also use maple syrup or agave, but I don’t think the clusters would hold together as much.

For nutritional info, see here.

blissfulbuckwheatgranola-2118

PS- If you are looking for an oil-free oat-based granola, check out my Lightened Up Summer Granola. It’s probably the most popular granola recipe on the site.

Happy crunching!

1 Jill in Chicago February 20, 2013

It looks delicious in the Green Monster! Do you need to soak the buckwheat before baking? (I realize this is a searchable question, but I’m curious as to what you did!)

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 20, 2013

Hi Jill, I didn’t soak it, but I will have to try that sometime. I also wasn’t sure if the wetness from soaking would impact the overall result or not? I know some people soak buckwheat and then dehydrate the kernels until dry before using, so that is an option. If I try a version with soaked buckwheat (without drying it before baking) I will be sure to update my results in the recipe!

3 Jill in Chicago February 20, 2013

Good to know! The only time I’ve cooked with/eaten buckwheat was in your Raw Breakfast Porridge, so I just wasn’t sure if soaking was for all buckwheat dishes or just raw. Thanks!

4 Tanya @ playful and hungry February 22, 2013

Hm, I am pretty sure that soaking would have an impact on the recipe. Buckwheat gets pretty soaky… maybe it wouldn’t stick together anymore.

5 Shiona March 13, 2013

I’m so behind on posts, but I make granola with sprouted buckwheat (soak for ~8 hours, then drain and sprout for 3 days, or until sprouts are 3-4mm long). It doesn’t affect the overall result at all (if anything, you just need less wet ingredients).

I’ve also found that pumpkin puree is an awesome addition to the wet ingredients!

6 NK February 5, 2015

Ladies, I soaked my buckwheats before didn’t impact the final result. I did drain quite well and then had them sitting in a glass jar in my fridge for a few days before making (not intentionally).

Love these clusters!

7 Monica February 20, 2013

I haven’t had a green monster all winter (I know, I’m crazy), but seeing this recipe makes me want to have one to top with the delicious granola. Granola is so tempting!

8 Alexis @ Hummusapien February 20, 2013

Yet another reason why I MUST try your homemade almond milk recipe! This granola looks awesome, especially on top of a green monster. Love that they’re oil free, too!

9 Liz @ The Lemon Bowl February 20, 2013

This sounds out of this world!!

10 Willow February 20, 2013

This sounds incredible! I was just trying to think of more uses for buckwheat groats… now I know. I always have a hard time getting granola to clump, too, but maybe it’s because I use too much maple syrup… will try it with brown rice syrup next time. Thanks!

11 Christa @ Edible Balance February 20, 2013

what a delightful looking granola!! so great to see an alternative to oats, and such a great use of almond pulp! everything I have tried so far to use up pulp have been terrible, and not worth the time. I love that the pulp is not the ‘main ingredient’. Love the use of coconut syrup and sugar as well, I’m trying to keep low-glycemic so it’s perfect… can’t wait to make and devour this!

12 Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 20, 2013

Looks Delicious!!

13 Anele @ Success Along the Weigh February 20, 2013

I really need to make homemade granola. Nope, never have but I know right where to come when I do because you have several I’ve been itching to try!

14 Alina February 20, 2013

This looks like a fantastic idea! It’ll be a great way to use up the buckwheat groats I have, no soaking required!

15 Anna @ Your Healthy Place February 20, 2013

I have been wanting to play around more with buckwheat for ages, so thanks for this recipe!

16 Joanna Clarke February 20, 2013

Hi Angela,
I am so excited to try this. However, I have nut allergies, and find it impossible thus far to find sunflower butter or sunflower seeds (that are not INSANE expensive) that do not carry allergy warnings.

Any suggestions? I have no idea what Whole Foods carries…I am in Calgary and we don’t have that, but plenty of other whole food stores.

Thanks!

Joanna

17 Angela February 20, 2013

Hey Joanna,
The brand I buy is Sunbutter and it’s found in a lot of every day grocery stores around me (like Superstore/Loblaw) It says it’s produced in a peanut and tree nut free facility. I can’t recall the price, but it tends to be around the same range as other nut butters. maybe you can find a deal online for cheap?

18 Joanna Clarke February 20, 2013

Ok, thanks! I will check again … see what I can see. I’ll reply with anything great, just so others know too :)

19 Lavanga February 22, 2013

can’t you make your own – blend in a good blender and add a little oil as needed?

20 Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} February 20, 2013

I’ve had a bag of buckwheat in my cupboard for what seems like forever, now I know what to use it for! I’ve been making my own granola lately and this will be a nice change of pace from the oats.

21 Abby @ The Frosted Vegan February 20, 2013

Yumm!! I love granola and am going to start experimenting with making my own almond milk, so this is perfect!

22 Laura February 20, 2013

That green monster looks amazing. I’ve been hearing a lot about buckwheat recently. I think I’ll pick some up soon and try it out. Thanks for the great recipe!

23 jess @ cupcakes and kale February 20, 2013

hahaha, i know EXACTLY what you mean about a fresh batch of granola being completely unavoidable when passing through the kitchen! yesterday morning a made a batch of lisa & nicole’s cinnamon bun granola and the hubs and i put a MASSIVE dent in it before breakfast time even came today! :D

24 Alanna February 20, 2013

Yum! Thanks for this!
But where do you get your buckwheat groats?
I live in the city as well, but haven’t seen them anywhere!
-Alanna

25 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2013

I usually buy from Whole Foods bulk bins or online :)

26 Beth February 20, 2013

Q: Do you know how dangerous it is to have freshly baked granola sitting on the counter during a long winter evening?

A: Yes, I do, because I make a batch of granola (usually your Lightened Up Summer Granola) every week to take for lunch/snack at work, and I can’t keep my hands out of it while it’s cooling. Even after I put it in the jar! But this week, like Jess above, I made the cinnamon bun granola, which also has buckwheat groats, so now I have to buy more to try this!

By the way, I made your cake balls last night and will dip them in the coating and decorate tonight.

27 audrey February 22, 2013

I just made this with raw quinoa- it worked out so well! added a little coco powder to it also :)

28 Heather February 20, 2013

I made four cups of granola and it was gone SO fast. It’s deadly straight out of the oven and still amazing as a cold cereal.

29 Marya@parttimehealthnut.com February 20, 2013

HA! Great minds think alike! I make buckwheat granola with peanut butter, coconut oil,and 2 T maple syrup to bind it all together. I feel amazing after eating it since the magnesium in the buckwheat helps with relaxation and to stabilize blood glucose levels. It’s also a complete protein with all 9 essential amino acids. Thanks, Angela

30 Natalie February 20, 2013

Yummmm you read my mind. I’ve been trying to think of new, portable, breakfast ideas I can bring to work. Ding ding ding ding – granola! I think I might try the Summer Granola though, because I have no idea where to find raw buckwheat groats!

31 Nina @ Too Hottie For That Body February 20, 2013

I keep hearing more and more about buckwheat. Clearly this isn’t only a cute character from The Little Rascals. I’m definitley going to have to try this with some yummy green goodness as well. That green color is just fueling my need for spring to arrive!

32 Averie @ Averie Cooks February 20, 2013

Just look at those happy clusters..I love it when granola ‘clusters up’ while it bakes. So much fun to break apart and munch on. Love the overhead opening pic – been especially enjoying your food styling and photos the last few posts, Angela…so pretty! :)

33 Alexis February 20, 2013

This looks so good!

34 Brianna (senseofsensibility) February 20, 2013

Not only have I been making batches of granola like crazy, I have been dying to try a recipe using buckwheat groats. You’re satisfying both my recent obsessions in one blog post, thanks!

35 Sherisse H (@lovesplantbased) February 20, 2013

These looks super yums and LOVE that they’re oil free, thank you! Your photos are beautiful, as always :)

36 The Vegan Cookie Fairy February 20, 2013

Wow, granola and a green monster, I have got to try that!

37 Sarah @ Yogi in Action February 20, 2013

That looks delicious! I’ve never made my own granola, but this recipe inspires me to change that.

38 Sharla February 20, 2013

I can easily go overboard with granola as well!! Never would have thought of using buckwheat – sounds good!

39 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 20, 2013

Oh my goodness, I hear you on the dangerous granola thing. I made a batch this past weekend and have had to hide it up in one of my highest cupboards to stop myself from eating it all at once! These look delicious Ange!

40 Liz February 20, 2013

That green monster looks so appealing! What did you put in your delicious concoction this time?

41 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 21, 2013

It was just a classic…frozen banana, homemade almond milk, kale!

42 Lisa February 20, 2013

This looks so good & crunchy! Have you tried in the dehydrator or just as good in oven?

43 Amanda@ Spiritual Sweat February 20, 2013

I LOVE buckwheat granola!!! You’re the best Angela! My taste buds love you.

44 Shanda Bezzant February 20, 2013

Where do you get your coconut sugar? The whole sugar alternative thing is a bit overwhelming to me :)

45 Dominique February 21, 2013

Yay made this last night and its delicious and thank you for providing us with a use for that almond pulp! :)

46 Seraphina February 21, 2013

Oh my, yes. I bake granola on a regular basis, and often find myself munching away at it while studying, and working through a batch too quickly. I try to either give it away or store it in a cupboard so out of sight, out of mind!

47 Eliza February 21, 2013

i love buckwheat groats, they have the best crunchy texture! I actually just made a similar granola recipe a few days ago ! :) http://food52.com/recipes/20881-crunchy-buckwheat-granola

48 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 21, 2013

Oh my! I could eat a whole batch of these clusters. Wonderful recipe! Yummy!

49 Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) February 21, 2013

Looks delicious, I can’t wait to try this. I don’t have much experience with coconut nectar so I’m looking froward to trying it.

50 Catherine February 21, 2013

I love how you put your granola on your green monster – I’m a smoothie in a bowl gal myself and crunchies on top are awesome. I’m going to make this granola today with my daughter, we are needing to avoid oats right now (amongst other things) so I need fun ideas that she’ll eat. I’m thinking orange zest and goji berries to brighten up our gray rainy day :) Will let you all know how delicious it turns out! Because all your recipes we’ve made have been tasty so far Angela!

51 Kelcy February 21, 2013

Hi Angela!
I love your blog and I check it everyday! I have made many of your recipies and my husband loves them too!
I just wanted to comment and let you know, which you might already know by now, that there is an ad on your page for Milky Way. I thought you might want to know since that is not a vegan candy and definitley does not promote the kind of healthy lifestyle you are trying to show to people =)

52 Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 23, 2013

^ Weird, I am not seeing a Milky Way Ad?
I’m seeing Exquisite Antique Rings Of True Vintage Beauty or some such stuff?
And Refinancing Loans Etc

53 {Moni} @ Moni Meals February 21, 2013

AMAZING! I am the same way. When there is granola and freshly made too- I have no self control. :)

I would love to try this! Plus I love that you added it to a green monster!!

My kinda of power snack!

54 Juliet February 21, 2013

Hi Angela, I just wanted to thank you for your amazing recipes. I think you are a vegan genius. I wanted to tell you that I made your Triple Almond Cherry Crumble Squares this week and it was a HIT! I made a few adjustments: I substituted coconut flour for the rice flour, and I added more than 1/2 a cup of expeller pressed organic coconut oil to the crust base. Organic Coconut oil is supposed to be really good for you. These kept me and my vegan husband full for long periods – making a great breakfast. Thank you!

Also, that recipe turned me on to grinding up raw almonds. I’ve made your vegan overnight oatmeal, but in place of bananas (which I find usually turn brown overnight!) I put ground up raw almonds. Also very sustaining!

I was very sorry to hear about your rash and allergic reaction/skin issues. I have a few suggestions: try eliminating RICE and rice products (rice flour, rice syrup etc.) Many studies have noted that North America rice is contaminated with arsenic, and arsenic is especially concentrated in rice syrup and brown rice etc. Arsenic is a known carcinogen. So we’ve cut rice products out of our diet for the most part, substituting with kamut, spelt berries, wheat berries etc. (using our pressure cooker – so it is quick!)

Anyway, thanks so much for all your amazing recipes! Good luck with the rash and take care!
Juliet (from Chicago)

55 Lauren @ Powered by Oatmeal February 21, 2013

I honestly JUST bought my first buckwheat groats earlier today! What a surprise to see this recipe up. I’m excited to start using them =)

56 Beth February 21, 2013

First off, I have enjoyed your blog for over a year now and love how you encourage others to live a healthy, balanced diet. With that balance in mind, I was curious what your perspective is on sustainability and local agriculture. Many recipes call for ingredients that aren’t grown in North America–such as coconut sugar in this recipe. Just curious how/if you incorporate local foods in your diet.

57 Suzanne February 21, 2013

This looks AMAZING! So excited to try this and even have all the ingredients on hand! I’ve been putting some almond pulp in our smoothies and so far no one has seemed to notice :) It is great to have another way to use it!

58 Britt February 21, 2013

Oh my goodness! I made this granola today and am totally identifying with your problem staying away from it. I subbed a little almond flour for the pulp and used pepitas, since they were what I had on hand. YUM!

59 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy February 21, 2013

ah buckwheat…so good and so healthy!

60 sarah@thesweetlife February 22, 2013

Angela, somehow you are able to make everything beautiful through your photography. I find your artwork truly inspiring.
Next week I’m doing a post on food photography and I’ll make sure to send my readers over to you to check out what you can do with some food and a camera.

61 Talar from Paris, FR February 22, 2013

Hi! Just made this and it was SO deliciously crunchy! Thanks for the great recipe! (didnt have almond pulp so substituted with a GF flour)

62 Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings February 22, 2013

Yum these look great! I love granola in general but have a problem eating a whole bag in one sitting ;)

63 Rebecca February 22, 2013

I just made this using wheat germ instead of almond pulp and it turned out Ah-mazing!! I shouldn’t have made it when hungry, now I can’t keep my paws off it. Thanks for a great, healthy recipe :)

64 Alli February 22, 2013

I Love that you have added nutritional info. Yay! It’s the ONLY thing I think would improve your recipes. I love every single thing I have made from your blog. You are amazing!

65 Jordan February 22, 2013

Just finishing up a batch of this right now – mine didn’t stay in nice clumps though, there are many little crumbly bits, delicious but not grab by the handful eat-able… maybe because I used homemade sunflower seed butter? Or honey instead of coconut nectar? I’m not sure but it’s still delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)

66 Maria February 22, 2013

Yum looks delicious! Where do you purchase the raw buckwheat from? Oh and do you know of a good and cheap source to purchase oats (I live in Milton, ON)?

67 McKel | Nutrition Stripped February 22, 2013

Thanks for sharing this recipe! It’s calling for me to put on top of a frozen banana “ice cream”, anyone else? haha

68 Paige February 23, 2013

Just made this and it turned out great! I soaked the buckwheat for about 30 minutes and used agave. The pieces stuck together perfectly. Even my super-picky, omnivorous, teenage son liked it. Thank you :)

69 Liz @ iheartvegetables February 24, 2013

Yummm! Angela! This sounds so good!!

70 Tracy February 24, 2013

Hi Angela,

Could I make this with oats? I want my 3 year old to eat it and he may not try it if he does not recognize the buckwheat groats…and I could send it to his nut-free school!

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2013

Hey Tracy, I’m sure it would work fine – just add the oats gradually to make sure it doesn’t dry out (I’m not sure how much you’d have to use) Let me know how it goes!

72 Tracy February 25, 2013

So I made it with 1 1/4 cups of oats and threw in an 1/8 cup of raw quinoa because I had it and baked it for the same amount of time and it worked perfectly. And…I sent it to school today. Thanks for the recipe.

73 Emily @ 2:DESIGN:CENTS February 24, 2013

This looks awesome! I love how you incorporated the buckwheat!

74 Natalie February 24, 2013

These look amazing! What a perfect healthy breakfast option.

75 Paige @ A Healthy Tale February 25, 2013

I have a bag of unused buckwheat and now I know exactly what to do with it!

76 Shannon February 25, 2013

Just made this and it’s great! First experience with buckwheat and I’m glad it came out so well. Used substitutions: regular cane sugar, brown rice syrup, almond butter, almond slivers. Delish!

77 Marissa February 25, 2013

I know just what you mean about the temptation of fresh, fragrant granola! It’s even more tempting in the dehydrator because the smell is wafting through the whole house for a whole day. I usually put mine on a green smoothie as well. Nothing better!

78 Susan February 26, 2013

Good call on the sunflower seed butter – this was super yummy. Will need to make a second batch soon!

79 Valérie Desrosiers February 26, 2013

Really original granola recipe! I tried it and it tastes great. I switched the almond meal with 1/4 cup of crushed almonds and it works perfectly. Plus, it’s gluten free! Thanks for this recipe.

80 kärt February 26, 2013

i just tried it but the buckwheat kernerls didnt puff up and they are really hard to eat, just as raw and uncooked. i dunno, is it supposed to be like that? im afraid to break a tooth with that granola

81 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 27, 2013

Yes they are supposed to be very crunchy! :)

82 lea February 26, 2013

Did you know that this recipe is featured on thekitchn.com today???

83 Bruna @ morgbu.com February 26, 2013

I need to try this ASAP

84 Carol February 27, 2013

First time cooking with buckwheat groats and this passed the taste test! Very unique flavors. Brought some to work and my co-workers loved it.

85 Kim March 2, 2013

This just came out of the oven and it is so so good! I can’t wait to top my smoothie with it tomorrow. Thanks for a FANTASTIC recipe!

86 Aissa March 3, 2013

This was great! Made it the day you posted it. I used rapadura sugar (quarter cup) and a mix of yacon syrup and maple syrup and added linseed and vanilla instead of cinnamon. So goodesp since my tummy doesn’t like oat granola!

87 Eloïse March 7, 2013

This is really good! Made these using agave sirup and it worked fine. I also added a bit of cardamom to the mix and since I did not have enough buckwheat I added a bit of quinoa. It smells fantastic in the house!

88 Jocelyne March 7, 2013

I substituted wheat germ for the almond pulp and it turned out great!

89 Kristin March 19, 2013

I made these last Thursday. I actually made two batches, one with peanut butter the other with almond (I liked the almond butter one best). I made the mistake of taking in the peanut batch into work with me to share a new granola with my co-workers. There wasn’t a single crumb left. The bag traveled around my office so fast there was no amount of running I could do to keep up with it. Huge hit! Thanks for the recipe.

90 Christal March 21, 2013

This looks great but I have is toasted buckwheat…will that not work in this recipe?

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 21, 2013

The flavour will be very different so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you love kasha (which I’m not a big fan of)

92 Erica March 27, 2013

I am on my third batch of this granola, very good! I mixed it up a little with the ingredients I had on hand. First time I used raw buckwheat groats, but my local health food mart only carries kasha, so I’ve used that the past 2 times. I have to bake it for a lot less time or else it will burn. I also included oats the third time in addition, and it is great. Subs were peanut butter, honey (and some leftover corn syrup–gasp), coconut, almonds, and chopped brazil nuts.

93 BarbDon April 24, 2013

I have my first batch in the oven now. It smells so good. I know we’ll love it. I have a thought for the next time I make it—- I may mix the almond pulp in with the wet ingredients, to get it more evenly dispersed. What do you think? Yes – I made almond milk earlier in the evening. thanks for your wonderful recipes, discussion and photos, Angela! I’m a frequent visitor.

94 Steph May 7, 2013

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to leave a note and let you know how OUTSTANDING this recipe is/has been – I believe I’m on my tenth time of making it and without fail it’s always better than I seem to remember!! I have been following your blog for some time and have produced a multiple of your recipes (they have also all been made multiple times), and I must echo the sentiments of many who have commented above me that you are a genius. Thank you for consistently sharing innovative, tasty, and swoon worthy recipes. You are an inspiration to many of us and I cannot wait to continue to follow your journey.

Thanks a million,
Steph

95 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 8, 2013

Hi Steph, Thank you so much for your lovely words! That means a lot to me. SO glad you love the granola! :)

96 Nova May 18, 2013

I just gave your granola a try and it turnd out beautiful.
The smell is amazing and it is so crunchy and nutty… love it,
Thank you for sharing the recipe and keep up the good work.
Your blog is oh so lovely.
Nova

97 Emily - It comes naturally June 5, 2013

Mmm…had to try this, and it DID work with maple syrup! I even had a go at turning it into quinoa granola! http://itcomesnaturallyblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/quinoa-granola Bliss!

98 Natasha June 10, 2013

Just wondering — is there a specific reason to not use kasha? Is it because of its nutritional properties or rather that the actually texture of the buckwheat when roasted won’t work well in the recipe? Thanks! :)

99 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 11, 2013

Hi Natasha, I use raw buckwheat groats because I like the taste better (kasha is toasted and has a strong flavour) – that being said Im not really sure how much of a difference it would make in this recipe given that it’s toasted anyway! Let me know if you try it out.

100 marlies August 4, 2013

i just made this with hazelnut pulp (FINALLY got a vitamix and made amazing vanilla cinnamon hazelnut milk – also delicious!) and oh man…this is not going to last long :)

101 shazia October 11, 2013

Hi
I am vegan and take many recipes from your site. I live in Waterloo and uanble to find raw buckwheat. I find Kasha every where I go. Can you tell me which Canadian site sells this product so that i can buy it.
i appreciate.
Thanks
Shazia

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2013
103 Lucinda December 1, 2013

This is amazing! I have pcos and gallstones so I’m trying to eat better. Your recipes make it so easy, keep up the great work!

104 Yana December 28, 2013

I wasn’t sure what to expect but I just made this recipe and it is sooooo delicious and addictive. I had to make substitutions as it was a spontaneous event and I didn’t want to go to the store but turned out great anyways. I used peanut butter, brown sugar and maple syrup as I had those in my cupboard. Also the first time I used buckwheat in a recipe! This granola texture reminds me of sesame seed bars you used to get on airplanes but way better!
Thanks Angie for another great recipe!

105 Danica DP January 7, 2014

I almost never post comments after having made recipes and I try out a lot of different recipes. But, I made this last night and it was amazing! Seriously, what a great, fabulous snack!! Thanks for sharing.

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 8, 2014

So glad you enjoyed it Danica! Thanks for letting me know :)

107 Marla January 16, 2014

This is really good. I used almond butter, maple sugar and brown rice syrup. I wanted a more vanilla taste since I like french vanilla granola, but I don’t miss the strong vanilla taste (which is not as intense in my experience in homemade things) in this.

108 Robyn February 11, 2014

Firstly, I reference your recipes daily! Thank you! I can always find something wonderful ;)
I made your Blissful buckwheat granola clusters with minor variations due to items lacking in my pantry. I used cashew butter, brown rice syrup and added a couple handfuls of cashews. Absolutely wonderful! I broke it all into bite size clusters and stored it in a glass jar but the next morning, its all stuck. . .It’s absolutely worth chiseling out but wanted to know if your finished product sticks. Thanks again for all the great recipes :0)

109 Karissa @ Vegan À La Mode February 28, 2014

These are amazing! I just made them yesterday and am absolutely addicted! I didn’t have any almond pulp on hand so I just left it out and also added flax seeds which is great for a boost of omegas. I had coconut nectar for a few weeks and couldn’t find a use for it until now! I’ll be making this again for sure :)

110 Maggie July 27, 2014

These are currently baking up in my oven for a lovely Sunday breakfast, and my house smells like Cinna-bons. Drool. I cannot wait to plunge into a bowl of these with ice cold hemp milk. Thank you for yet another thoughtful, mouth-watering recipe.

Also- I make my own almond milk every week and would love, love, love to see another almond pulp recipe without requiring a dehydrator. I currently have unbelievable stores of pulp sitting in my freezer.

111 Victoria August 26, 2014

I’ve made this twice now and it’s delicious!

112 torby reklamowe September 19, 2014

Hola! I’ve been reading your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx!
Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!

113 Libby October 14, 2014

Hi there,
I’m really looking forward to making this but just need to stock up on ingredients.
Just wondering if you can use coconut palm sugar??
Thanks x

114 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2014

Yes coconut palm sugar and hazelnut butter will work ok. But I would not sub the coconut nectar syrup for the palm sugar as it will throw off the dry/wet ratio. Hope this helps!

115 Libby October 14, 2014

Oh and also, would hazelnut butter be okay?

116 urząd skarbowy opole November 4, 2014

I’ve learn several good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how so much attempt you set to make this kind
of magnificent informative web site.

117 Megan November 19, 2014

Delicious with almond milk and or yogurt and banana. FYI – Substituting 1 tsp of cacao for 1 of the 2 tsp of cinnamon likens this to a crunchy healthy count chocula. It wasn’t what I was aiming for…it just happened! :)

118 deloupy March 12, 2015

Just made this to use up some nut pulp (mixed nuts). I followed the recipe to the letter, and it worked well. The only comments I want to make is that it is very hard to flip a whole pan of half baked granola. I broke mine to flip it, then pressed on it to ensure an even layer
Another thing is that it is very sweet for my taste, although I’m sure the husband and kids will love it that way. Might try to reduce or even omit the coconut sugar next time, the honey and applesauce should be enough to sweeten it
Anyway, I’ll still eat it :-)

119 Joanne May 3, 2015

These clusters are delightful! I cut the coconut sugar by half and replaced the apple sauce with mashed sweet potato. The scent that fills the kitchen is intoxicating. Cinnamon is my favorite spice, that’s probably why.
Great way to use up the leftover pulp!! I have so much in my freezer!