The Big Vegan Super Bowl Recipe Round-Up

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on February 1, 2013

The Super Bowl doesn’t tend to evoke many memories of vegan-friendly food options, but just because you’re vegetarian, vegan, or simply looking to eat healthier doesn’t mean you have to miss out! Today I’ve put together a huge round-up of vegan game day friendly recipes thanks to some amazing veggie-lovin’ bloggers. Whether you’re a fan of the Super Bowl or just stick around for the good food, I hope you’ll find something that tickles your fancy here.

Buffalo Cauliflower Wing Pizza with Tofu Blue Cheese Spread from Kristy at Keepin’ It Kind:

BBQ-Cauliflower-Pizza-23_keepinitkind

[photo credit: Keepin’ It Kind]

Polenta Pizza from Ashley at Edible Perspective: {note: These can be made without cheese or with vegan cheese}

Windows-Live-Writer-polenta-pizza_6B9D-_edibleperspective

[photo credit: Edible Perspective]

Apple Nachos from Allyson at Manifest: Vegan:

apple-nachos-1_manifest_vegan

[photo credit: Manifest Vegan]

Warm Vegveeta Dip from Dreena at Plant-Powered Kitchen:

vegan cheese dip dreena burton

[photo credit: Plant-Powered Kitchen]

Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus from Kate at Cookie + Kate:

spicy-sweet-potato-hummus-Cookie and Kate

[photo credit: Cookie + Kate]

Sourdough Soft Pretzels from Ashley at (never home) maker:

sourdoughpretzels_Neverhomemaker

[photo credit: (never home) maker]

Baked Sriracha Potato Chips from Kiersten at Oh My Veggies:

baked_sriracha_potato_chips_Oh_my_veggies

[photo credit: Oh My Veggies]

Beer Soaked Fries from Ashley from Edible Perspective:

beer_soaked_fries_edibleperspective

[photo credit: Edible Perspective]

Four Bean Chili from Emily at Daily Garnish:

four bean chili daily garnish

[photo credit: Daily Garnish]

Sloppy Chicks (Chickpea Sloppy Joes) from Kristy at Keepin’ It Kind:

Sloppy-Chicks-3_Keepin it kind

[photo credit: Keepin’ It Kind]

Skinny Margaritas from Kate at Cookie + Kate:

how-to-pour-margarita-cookieandkate

[photo credit: Cookie + Kate]

Creamy Artichoke Spinach Dip from Livvy at 86 Lemons (recipe via Dreena Burton):

SpinArtDip86L19

[photo credit: 86 Lemons]

A BIG thanks to all the bloggers who participated in this round-up. Have a great weekend everyone!

Herbivore Triathlete February 1, 2013 at 10:25 am

Yum, yum! I will take one of each please. Great round up of great looking food. Who says vegan is boring?!?!?!

Andrea February 1, 2013 at 10:31 am

Love-love-love!! Thank you for collecting these recipes & posting them all in one place… and thank you to various bloggers who originated them! Beautiful pictures too!!

–Andrea
XOXOXO

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 1, 2013 at 10:34 am

Great round up! I’ve made those beer soaked fries and they were fantactic. Can’t wait to try out the blue cheese buffalo on my cauliflower crust!

Livvy February 1, 2013 at 10:36 am

Awesome round-up, Angela! Thanks for including me. I can’t wait to make some of these gorgeous looking recipes!!!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh February 1, 2013 at 10:38 am

Excellent round up! We’ll be using a few of those for the Puppy Bowl! ;-)

Kim @ Cooking in the City February 1, 2013 at 10:39 am

YUM. Adding buffalo cauliflower wings to my menu.

Also- thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen all of these blogs before and I can tell I’ve been missing out!

Jen February 1, 2013 at 10:42 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! These all look amazing. One month into this lifestyle and your blog has been a huge blessing. I am going to try all of these!

[email protected] SavyNaturalista February 1, 2013 at 10:56 am

Thank you so much for the list these options look amazing!!!

Caitlin February 1, 2013 at 10:59 am

what a great round-up, angela! thank you for including me! i want to make kathy’s nachos AND allyson’s apple nachos! plus, some sloppy chicks ;)

Genesis February 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

Thank you SO much for this recipe roundup!! I’m a new-ish vegan and I had no idea how I was going to survive the wing-and-nachorama this weekend, but I am now armed with some amazing ideas! To make matters more complicated, it’s my husband’s birthday on the Saturday too, so it looks like I’m going to spend a lot of time in the kitchen today! Many thanks!

Alex @ Raw Recovery February 1, 2013 at 11:10 am

Thanks for putting this list together, Angela! I’m always in need of vegan party recipes and the super bowl is kind of the epitome of that, at least in the US! Have a great weekend!

Abby @ The Frosted Vegan February 1, 2013 at 11:35 am

I don’t really care for football, but I for care for each and every one of these treats! The fries and poppers are calling to me : )

Brittany February 1, 2013 at 11:41 am

These look amaaaaazing!! I have been eating an anti-inflammatory diet for the past month, but sometimes a girl just misses some junk food! So I’m looking foward to making some of these healthy options! Everything just looks to die for!

Alexis February 2, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Hey Brittany,
I’ve been on an anti-inflammatory diet for awhile now, but I’ve never come accross anyone else who labels themselves as being on such a diet! I’d be really interested to compare our anti-inflammatory diets :) I love Angela’s vegan recipes because two of my major foods I don’t eat are dairy and gluten.

Dreena Burton February 1, 2013 at 11:41 am

Holy SHMOKES that is a dynamite roundup, Angela! Thanks for including my Vegveeta Dip and Creamy Artichoke Dip. :) Who wouldn’t be happy with ANY of these goodies at a party? Wow!!

Ashley February 1, 2013 at 11:46 am

This is such a fantastic list. Love the variety! I’m honored to be included. Thanks, Ange! :)

allison February 1, 2013 at 11:47 am

ok now how am i going to choose which ones to make? i can’t wait for the superbowl and a jammie day :-) yahooo

Sarah @ Yogi in Action February 1, 2013 at 11:48 am

Wow- those all look delicious! I’m not attending or hosting a Super Bowl party, but I think I’ll be finding an excuse to make some of these anyways!

Kristy February 1, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Wow, what a great list of recipes! Apple Nachos! Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus! I need to get on that! :-)

Thank you so much, Angela, for featuring my recipes! You’re the best. xo

Ricki February 1, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Gorgeous lineup! I don’t do Superbowl celebrations, but I would love to try most of these. :)

Kristina @Run and Assimilate February 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm

These all look so amazing, I definitely want to try some!

Averie @ Averie Cooks February 1, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Loving all the pizza and dough options! I just made a 1 hour whole wheat vegan dough and am so happy with it and now I get to see more with these links. Thanks, Angela, for a great roundup!

Ariel February 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm

THANK YOU. I was just wondering what I could bring that was non-meat/healthy to a party, and was stuck on guac and salsa (not that there’s anything wrong with that). I think I’ll try the artichoke dip. Looks pretty portable.

jenn February 1, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I’m gonna test out the buffalo wing pizza this weekend! Thanks for a great round up!

Sarah L. February 1, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Delicious! I’m surprised you didn’t include a self-plug about your black bean chili dip you posted last year…that dip is PHENOMENAL and I am constantly asked to bring it to parties! I serve it with Neal Bros blue corn chips with flax…sooo good.

LeeAnn February 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Whatdya make for the Grey Cup? :o)

Thanks for this — I was starting to make my own list and now I don’t have to!

Maria Tadic February 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm

What a great list! Thanks for posting from other bloggers too – I love finding more great foodie blogs to follow!

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race February 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Yummmm to EVERYTHING! :P

Angela February 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm

This is such a great collection!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I am so glad you did this! I have been seeing nothing but meat all over other blogs because of Superbowl. It is nice to see some options for us veggie lovers! :)

Addy @ Six-Kick Switch February 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm

All these nacho recipes look killer!!! I am committing food envy right now…I know what’s for dinner!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 1, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Oh my gosh, all of these look amazing, especially those apple nachos! I won’t be watching football this weekend because I’m moving (and getting tired just thinking about it!) but I’m sure that will help me to work up an appetite! These snacks may just have to be on my menu! :)

JulieD February 1, 2013 at 7:17 pm

What a great round-up! I’m sending this to my sister for her super bowl plans!

Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 1, 2013 at 8:27 pm

What a fantastic post! Those all look delicious. ThankS!! :)

P.S. Are you gonna maybe post something for Vegan Valentine’s Day?

AKA Single Girl’s Survival Day haha!:p

Katie February 1, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Those sloppy chicks are making it into my dinner rotation for next week… what a great idea!

I was going to bring non-vegan jalapeno popper dip to a superbowl party this weekend, but you’ve inspired me to bring something vegan. Maybe the artichoke dip?? Or the sweet potato hummus? So much to choose from!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco February 1, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I’ll take two of each please. Happy Superbowl to you sports-savvy people who actually know who’s playing!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 1, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Both of those pizzas look absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for sharing the links! :)

Ashley February 2, 2013 at 1:11 am

What a fabulous collection of recipes!

Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 2, 2013 at 4:12 am

Why’d I click the double chocolate chip ice cream link…it’s one in the morning here in LA and now all I can think of is vegan ice cream hahaha:p

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 2, 2013 at 7:42 am

I want the apple nachos and the Buffalo Wing Cauliflower Pizza!! Yum!!

robyn February 2, 2013 at 10:29 am

Wow, great recipe round-up…I don’t do the superbowl thing,,,but nice to have great tasting snack-y treat-y health-y kinda thing-y..they all sound delish!

Amber February 2, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I can’t even tell you how excited I am to make vegan meals for the superbowl! I’m so glad you did a post about this!

Michelle C. February 2, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I just made the sloppy chicks, and they’re amazing!
Sadly though, I’m feeling a little under the weather. My mother insists that I should be taking some vitamins. I was wondering if you had any that you could recommend?
Thanks!

Lindsay @ VeganYumminess February 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm

What great ideas! I am going to have to try the jalapeno poppers, but everything looks amazing!

Melissa Darr February 3, 2013 at 5:13 am

Even though I’m not vegan I still would so eat all of these dishes. Yum. Now I’m hungry. Lol

Emily @ www.main-eats.com February 3, 2013 at 9:45 am

Oh my goodness! Those all look wonderful! And what perfect timing! I always dread/look forward to Super Bowl parties and bringing one of these dishes will make the day even better!

christine February 3, 2013 at 11:52 am

Hi Ange, its me the Plump Vegan (getting slowly less plump). Just wanted you to know I made your Back on Track Wheatberry salad with a few modifications of my own. Added a large dose of garlic to the veggies, used red onion instead of green, and added about 2 cups of edamame. Left the veggie/grains naked and then served it on a bed of organic greens Invited your lightened up tahini/lemon drsg to the party. Need I say more, pure deliciousness.

Giovanna Mercado February 3, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Dear Angela: I have been reading your page for the last year or more since I saw one of your recipes published in the Chatelaine magazine, I am not your regular blogger, probably more your mom age, I am not vegetarian but won’t mind it at all, I love to cook but after 25 years doing It I was sort of getting bored! but reading your page has brouhgt me excitement back to try new recipes with all natural ingredients. I literally bought all the ingredients in your pantry, and with not exageration we eat every day one of your breakfast, and I have also made some variations of them like in your Fruity baked apple you should try it with pear ( unpeeled) and cranberries and if I am in a hurry I just trown some of your light up granola on top after baking it, any way you get the idea, I just wanted to write you but I was so chicken to do it, but you really need to know that what you do is fantastic, your page is so easy to look at ( even for older readers ja ja) and I just wanted to congratulate you and please never remove any of your recipes I will be lost without them now, thank you also to share other vegetarians bloggers Is fun to see all what is out there, but I always come back to yours, I live in Banff we own 3 shops in here and I was so happy that you came to visit The National Park; would it be nice if I could met you in person to give you a slap in the back for the great work ja ja. I am looking forward to read your cook book . Keep up the great work, is not going unnoticed!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 6, 2013 at 10:07 am

Hi Giovanna, Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Hopefully we can meet some day…I definitely want to go back to Banff soon!

Lyric February 3, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I am officially hosting a mexican themed Super Bowl. Your Naughty & Nice Vegan Enchiladas are in the fridge ready to be served as we speak along with those nachos, Im thinking apple nachos for dessert. Thanks Angela You rock.

Talia @ Love Your Body 101 February 3, 2013 at 9:05 pm

These recipes look heavenly. I am so excited to try the four bean chili with yummy cornbread! Mmm.

Rachel @ Healthy Chicks February 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Wow, who knew vegan could look (and taste) so delicious? Love these! Great pics too :)

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies February 4, 2013 at 10:26 am

Thanks again for the link, Angela. :) So many amazing snack ideas!

Kristin February 4, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I made the spinach dip and the vegveeta cheese dip, which I just realized are actually from the same person. the spinach dip is absolutely amazing! I would serve that to non-vegans and they would love it. the vegveeta dip was not nearly as impressive. I used it in place of shredded cheese for my own plate of nachos and it worked for that but otherwise, I wasn’t impressed. I am so thankful for this collection-thank you so much!

Kate February 4, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I made the same two! I agree, the spinach dip was amazing, but I also LOVED the cheese dip! Was the closest thing to cheese sauce I have had since my attempt to give up dairy. And my non vegan husband loved it as well. It thickened up so well and was creamy and warm and cheesy! (I think I added a little extra nutritional yeast, and used olive oil, despite the warning not to)

Kate February 4, 2013 at 10:52 pm

That spinach dip was amazing! We had some left over so I cooked up some quinoa with garlic and veggie broth, mixed the left over dip in once the quinioa was cooked and stuffed red peppers! Then baked them for forty minutes, delicious results!

Tanya @ playful and hungry February 5, 2013 at 6:02 am

What a great line up! Thanks for the inspiration!

Rachel F February 5, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I made the Four-Bean Chili and loved it! Thanks for the round up!

Evelyn Winward February 13, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Cld I be added to your email list as you post new things. I especially like recipes w/out white flour and dairy products (altho I adore cheese – I use goat cheese).

Many thanks – Evelyn in Mesa AZ

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 13, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Hey Evelyn, You can find my subscription options on the right side bar at the top of my page. hope this helps!

Michele February 10, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Totally, totally awesome! I’m going out to buy your book. Thanks so much for all these great recipes. I can’t get away from this site!

Ellen January 29, 2015 at 11:32 am

OMG these look awesome! Can’t wait to try some of these! Vegan American Princess has Super Bowl Super Yummy recipes that will score touchdowns too! Check it out: http://veganamericanprincess.com/super-bowl-super-yummy-delicious-plant-based-recipes-everyone-will-love/

Rebecca June 10, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Vegan Sloppy Joes were amazing! Definitely a keeper! And quick to make!

Tara Walsh February 5, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Has anyone been able to access the private blog with the chocolate ice cream recipe?

Megan February 5, 2018 at 12:41 pm

I just linked this page on my blog post from yesterday because I LOVE these recipes, especially the jalapeño poppers! I love to write about the vegan lifestyle but don’t post many recipes, so I appreciate being able to share your recipes with my readers. You’re amazing!!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 5, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Thank you for the link love Megan! So glad you enjoy the recipes :)