3-Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites

halloween apple bites 7011   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites

This has to be one of the easiest Halloween treats in all of Halloween treat-making history. I’m really not a crafty person when it comes to making holiday things, but these were almost fool proof.

Note the word almost! Eric and I did a “test run” one night last week and we could not stop laughing at our first couple tries (note the dried apricot tongue and vampire blood! hah), but our apple bite skills seemed to improve slightly with time.

halloween apple bites 6998   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites

First you slice ‘em up. Feel free to rub a bit of lemon juice on them if they will be sitting out. This is why I like spreading nut butter on the middle to cover up the apple flesh – it hides a bit of browning.

halloween apple bites 7093   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites halloween apple bites 7094   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites halloween apple bites 7095   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Biteshalloween apple bites 7096   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites halloween apple bites 7098   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites halloween apple bites 7100   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites

You can also core the apple and then slice in into quarters, but I found this method above made for better looking bites. Plus, you get to eat the leftover middle piece, which you will certainly want to take advantage of.

Now, spread on some jam or nut butter for the tongue and then push some slivered almonds in for the teeth. For a nut-free option, sunflower or pumpkin seeds can work in a pinch. Likewise, you could also use sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter.

halloween apple bites 7002   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Biteshalloween apple bites 6996   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites halloween apple bites 7000   3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites

Apple Bites make for a festive, healthy, and seasonal addition to any Halloween table. Given how much fun we had, I suspect kids would also have a blast making these.

Have a great Monday!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 15, 2012

I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back. Aren’t they fun?!? I love stuff like this, especially if you’re entertaining this time of year.

Chelsea October 15, 2012
Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 15, 2012

Ha ha-so cute! Creative, fun, and easy!

Willow October 15, 2012

Nice! I’ve seen this sort of thing done, but it usually uses something like mini marshmallows, or fluff, or something I’d rather not use. Love how these look, but also that they’re a great, healthy snack! Will have to give them a try if we go to any Hallo-parties this year. :)

Erica October 15, 2012

So cute, I think my kids will love making these!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

I’ve seen those too! I think they would also be incredible stuffed with homemade caramel. :)

Jody October 15, 2012

LOL these are so cute! I must admit when I first opened the page I was a bit confused and thought, ugh that doesn’t look good! But once I scrolled down and saw what they actually where…how cute!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

hah yea I could see that ;)

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 15, 2012

These are adorable and incorporate so many of my favorite tastes!

Alexis @ Hummusapien October 15, 2012

How perfect for Halloween! Healthy AND spooky :)

Janae @ Bring-Joy October 15, 2012

What an adorable idea. I love new ways to do old faves–my kids LOVE apples w/ pb (never tried apples w/ jelly). I know I already have the ingredients, simple to make, & fun. Excited to try with my kids. Thanks Angela for the cute idea.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

Have fun, I hope they enjoy it!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 15, 2012

Oh my gosh, I love this!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh October 15, 2012

This is awesome!! What a fun, spooky treat! I could go for one right now. *chomp*

Laura S. October 15, 2012

So easy and cute!

CONGRATULATIONS on the VegNews award! I knew you would win!!!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

I had no idea, but that is super exciting. Thank you! I hope my subscription arrives soon. :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl October 15, 2012

How cute are these!! Perfect healthy Halloween treat that’s fun too!

Jennifer October 15, 2012

Too cute!!!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 15, 2012

Too cute!!! Where do you come up with the stuff?! I was thinking pinenuts would make food teeth too. I wonder if you could even make a pumpkin puree as the spread…

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

I saw pictures of these apple bites years ago…I’d say back in 2009! Had ‘em on my list for a while now, hah. Loving the pumpkin spread idea too.

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! October 15, 2012

Haha these are so cute! What a great healthy treat for kids this Halloween season!

Chloe October 15, 2012

I read down quickly to see what you used for teeth. I was relieved it was slivered almonds because to me, it looked like garlic! That would keep the vampires at bay but still…

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

hah now that would be scary!

Ileana October 15, 2012

Ha, cute!

carrie October 15, 2012

thanks for yet another fun-fantastic-healthy idea! going to do these for this afternoon’s snack having the 3 ingredients makes it so quick to do and my kids love the surprise coming home from school

Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife October 15, 2012

these are so cute! Perfect for halloween! I’ll have to keep them in mind for a halloweeny type dinner! (:

Ashley F. October 15, 2012

So freakin cute! The little one is going to love putting these together!

Tanya @ playful and hungry October 15, 2012

what a great idea! And so cute!
I love how simple this is…

Heather's Creative Comcoctions October 15, 2012

Wow that is too cute!

Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset October 15, 2012

SO cute!!!!! Loved hearing about your test run with Eric :P

Ann October 15, 2012

So cute!
I have a request: would you consider doing a post going into the holidays about how to navigate all those family functions while being/becoming a vegan? I am taking your advice and easing in slowly to this lifestyle (I love it) and I would love to hear how you broached the subject with family (particularly In-Laws) and others while still being polite. I can just already imagine the groans and protests from family if/when I decline certain dishes and I just would to hear your thoughts on that time in your process when you were “coming out.”
Thanks so much for all you do!

allison October 15, 2012

I double this request please. I haven’t even told MY FAMILY. ha…and coming out is funny. My boyfriend’s family knows and they are so supportive, i was amazed when we went to thanksgiving dinner they thought of us and kept some veggies out before adding milk and cheese to them etc. That was very thoughtful. But it seems we get scrutinized a lot. I have told them all never worry about us, we’ll bring something we can eat and I don’t want anyone to do any extra work for us. Funny enough, I don’t miss the meat at all, but a lot of veggie dishes have added dairy products. I made the pies this year (vegan pumpkin) and everyone said they were great. the protein question gets askes so much…i’m sure so many don’t even know how much protein we’re supposed to have! I also feel many think we’re malnourished. I’ve started saying “do I look malnourished?” and “what did you eat today?”. I get cranky and defensive sometimes to which I get “oh if you had meat you wouldn’t be cranky”. LOL

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012

I can definitely relate to this concern! Anticipating all of this was a big stress for me when I first went vegan. My advice usually boils down to letting family members know *in advance* of the holiday (this takes pressure off the big event) and bringing at least a couple vegan friendly dishes (this takes a lot of stress off a host) as well as snack or breakfast items with you. The beauty of this is that you can often impress family members with how good the vegan food tastes. As for others opinions, well everyone will have one. It sucks to get mean comments, but I’ve found they are far and few between. I still get teased about not eating certain dishes at holiday dinners, but I’ve found a sense of humour goes a long way! If someone says something to you, feel free to crack a joke right back to them. Keeps things light hearted. Anyway, I will definitely keep this in mind to address in a post over the holidays :) Goodluck!!

Amber September 5, 2013

I do think it is interesting that vegans are okay with eating almonds. Almonds require 95% of all the honeybees in the US to be trucked from all over the states, in the middle of their dormant season, fed HFCS to California’s central valley monocrop almond orchards, where they will pollinate thousands of almond tree blossoms.
Talk about enslaving a creature…
This is actually worse than eating their honey, IMO.

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 15, 2012

Spooky & adorable! Now THIS is an easy, fun, great Halloween idea that even my daughter’s school would approve of. They have a no candy, no sugar, no treats rule, ever. And especially on Halloween. It’s a blessing and a curse not to be allowed to bring in cupcakes for bdays, but these, are PERFECT for Hween!

Angela October 15, 2012

Oh my gosh, these are awesome!! Great for a Halloween Party :)

Senator October 15, 2012

This is a WONDERFUL way to get kids excited about healthy snacks.. and spooky for Halloween! Awesome!

Julia October 15, 2012

These are so clever and fun!

Janessa @ Epicurious Vegan October 15, 2012

SO FRIGGIN’ CUTE!!

Life's a Bowl October 15, 2012

These are adorable and the perfect finger food treats for a Halloween/ costume party! Chocolate chip teeth would be tasty too ;)

Lia October 15, 2012

Hahahaha! These are so cute! Love it!

Lauren October 15, 2012

These are so stinkin’ cute! I saw this in Food Network mag, but it’s cool to see someone actually carry it through.

Katie Flores October 15, 2012

These are just too cute! The kids would love these. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 15, 2012

These are so cute!! I bet your nephews are begging your sister to fly you over just for Halloween so they can have all of these treats! I love the almond teeth. Maybe stick a few chocolate chips in as rotten monster teeth too lol!

Apple A Day October 15, 2012

OMG I gotta try these! Totally adorable. And it’s great to have a healthy alternative at Halloween parties!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 15, 2012

So cute! I need to show these to my mom who is a Girl Guide leader – this would be a perfect activity for her to do with her unit!

annecalista October 15, 2012

So flippin’ cute! I’m definitely going to copy that idea for a halloween party :)

the bear and the blackberry October 16, 2012

So creatively cute! : )

Megan @healthgeekchic October 16, 2012

what a great idea!! I cant wait to make these and take them to work since Im ‘on’ Halloween night ( Im an Emergency Room Physician Assistant…) so the faux blood wiill really get a laugh!! :)

Sonal October 16, 2012

Soo cool! I have nephews that would love this!

Page 1 of 212»