Whistler, British Columbia From My Phone

20120918_175628 20120918_171202

While I’m en route home after our trip in B.C., I thought I’d give you the shortened version of our 2 night stay in Whistler! Most photos are from my ‘droid. Better pics will be coming soon once I have a chance to process and sift through the hundreds of them!!

20120920_154628 20120918_171042

We drove from Victoria to Nanaimo to catch the ferry. Then took the ferry over and drove to Whistler along the Sea to Sky highway. The total trip was about 7 hours, including ferry wait time and making a few stops along the way. It is quite possibly the most gorgeous drive I’ve ever been on in my life. Actually, I’m pretty sure it is! There are a few places to stop and take photos, but the real gorgeous spots we had to just save in our minds. If you ever get the chance to drive this route, do it!!

One of our stops: Brandywine Falls. You only have to hike 500 or so metres to get to it and it’s a great excuse to get the legs moving!

20120920_145447

One of my favourite views of the entire trip. Another lookout point not far from the falls.

20120920_145939

Another pit stop along the sea to sky highway.

20120920_153036

Food pit stop!

20120918_180932

I enjoyed one of the best vegan cookies of my life at Zephyr Cafe in Squamish. Thanks for the tip to stop here! It was the size of my head like all good cookies should be. They also had quite a few vegan options here.

20120918_185745

Vegan goodies I found while in Whistler at Moguls Coffee House – vegan banana bread and a raspberry choc chip muffin. The muffin was like cake and super sweet, but yummy. The banana bread was a bit more modest. Not my usual breakfast foods, but they were fun to snack on throughout the stay!

20120919_100246

We had some major zip-lining fun!!

20120919_115345 20120919_112827

and the best group with two AMAZING instructors – Martin and Helen!!

Ziptrek

One of the 5 ziplines!

IMG_3539

I have to say, I blew my anxiety out of the water. It was so much fun! We took some fun videos that I will be putting together soon to show you.

Look ma no hands!!! [not phone pics]

Ziptrek_06

Ziptrek_08

Ziptrek_15

Going up to Whistler Peak.

20120919_154238

20120919_155149

OBSESSED. with. these.

20120919_142909

The air in Whistler was the freshest air I have ever experienced! Wish I could bottle it.

20120920_112114

We completely lucked out with the weather on this trip. It was 28C in Whistler and hot, hot, hot! Even at the peak it was warm enough to wear a tank and shorts. Crazy!

20120920_111044

Look who we bumped into! ;)

whistlerpeak (1 of 1)

Views!

20120920_111201

20120920_113736

Going back down the chair lift.

20120920_114308

Our reward – we came across a few vegan flavours at the gelato stand! Mango & mixed berry.

20120920_121115

Well, that’s all she wrote for now.

Time to board the plane for a day of travel. I’m so sad to leave B.C., however, so looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with my own fav pillow! I can’t wait to start going through the pictures from the trip. I’d say we took over 1500 or so….

See you next from Ontario!

Page 2 of 2«12
julia murray November 18, 2014

Glad you visited ! I grew up here and still have not intention of leaving :) If you’re looking for a good breakfast- hit up any grocery store for Jules Fuel ! :)

Sophie May 22, 2014

I don’t know how it took me so long to come across this post! I follow your blog religiously, but somehow missed this post. I live in Squamish, and actually work at Zephyr! I agree…those cookies are absolutely unbelievable! I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip to my hometown :)

Bret April 12, 2013

May I what company you zip-lined with in Whistler? We are headed there for summer vacation and we want to take our 15 year old daughter zipping. The place you zipped at looked awesome!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 12, 2013

hey Bret, We went with the company Ziptrek – I couldn’t recommend then more! So friendly :)

Roge March 23, 2013

What incredible scenery, absolutely breathtaking. Phone technology has come such a long way now that you never really need to carry a dedicated camera anymore. Superb.

Lori September 29, 2012

Hi Angela! Love your photos and that you’re visiting my part of the country. After a great hike north of Squamish, I popped into zephir cafe today to try out the highly recommended vegan cookie. I got the gluten free one, but was pretty dissapointed with it- I thought only mediocre and I much prefer the ones I bake here at home with your recipe. I wonder if the wheat one is the one you had and this might account for the difference? I did also get a beet raspberry cake there, and it was pretty awesome, so the visit wasn’t a dissapointment :) Look forward to more of your photos!

virginia September 28, 2012

My Homeland! I LOVE BC – so glad you enjoyed yourself so thoroughly. I relocated from Ottawa 5 years ago and never looked back – now you can see why!

Nikita September 27, 2012

I took a trip to B.C. (Salt Spring Island, Nanaimo, Victoria) this summer with the couple I take care of and it blew my mind how beautiful it was! Not only that, everyone was SO nice and friendly!
I’m glad you guys had fun, too!

Life's a Bowl September 25, 2012

SO pretty! I’ve never been to Canada [eating dinner there once when we were in Michigan does not count haha] but have always wanted to go during the fall/ winter- I’ve heard there’s great skiing!!!

P.S. The picture of you on the zipline is fabulous :D

maneet September 24, 2012

We went to Whistler when it was all covered in snow. It was beautiful then and it is beautiful now! Great pictures!

Maneet

Ruth September 24, 2012

Whistler is my FAVORITE place on all of earth (that I’ve been to so far)! Your pictures and mention of various restaurants bring back memories. Thanks for sharing!!

Tori September 24, 2012

I live in Whistler and I loved this post but I find being vegan in Whistler so frustrating–did you find this as well? The grocery stores have very little.

Glad you had an awesome time.

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 24, 2012

It was for sure the most difficult of our travels! Luckily I had a lot of food packed and we had an amazing meal at an Indian restaurant.

Jessica Engel September 23, 2012

Oh wow- the zip-lining looked amazing, especially with the incredible views!!

Kait @ yogabeautylife September 23, 2012

I absolutely LOVE the photo of you in the side view mirror. It makes me smile every time I check the blog.

Also, I’m jealous of the ziplining…I definitely want to go. Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 24, 2012

hah thanks…I’m a dork

Dexter September 23, 2012

It looks like you had a lot of fun. BEAUTIFUL scenery. Jealous!

Sarah @ Yogi in Action September 23, 2012

Aww- I wish I had checked earlier- I know of a great vegan restaurant in Vancouver! My sister lives there and is vegan and always tells me about it! Looks like you had a great trip with delicious eats regardless! Great job on the zip lines!

Jen @ Passport to Bliss September 23, 2012

Wow Angie! Way to zipline! I guess if you’re going to do it…it’s all or nothing!!! Definitely on my to-do list :) Glad you had a great time!

Hilary (Four Little Forks) September 23, 2012

I lived in Vancouver for ten years and recently moved to San Francisco for husband’s job. Your photos are making me so homesick! And OMG that gelato. No words.

Lauren @ Powered by Oatmeal September 23, 2012

Ahhh I need to get out there! Whistler has been on my list of places to ski since FOREVER, but even without the snow it looks absolutely amazing. Being in the flatlands has made me crave mountains even more than normal – I guess it’s good to figure out what is important to you but man do I need to get back to some higher elevations!

Sarina @ Earthgiven Kitchen September 23, 2012

What a fun trip! I’m so glad you found some great vegan treats on your travels. I grew up in west Canada and I miss those views! I was happy to see you zip-lining, way to kick your anxiety! Thanks for sharing.

Sharon @ Bit of the Good Stuff September 23, 2012

Wow what an amazing trip! Whistler is such a beautiful place! I’ve only been there in the Winter, but I’d love to take a summer vacation there some time.
The raspberry choc chip muffin looks out of this world!!! You much try & re-create it when you get back. The Canadians really do know how to make amazing muffins. The best muffins I’ve ever had were from a little cafe in Deep Cove near Vancouver. They were called ‘Omega muffins’, packed with seeds and berries. They were huge too, like the one in your pic. I wish I could make such awesome muffins at home, but no luck so far :(

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 23, 2012

Those sound great! I love muffins (and cookies) the size of my head…heh.

Kate @ Hujsanje September 23, 2012

Great pictures. It looks like you r having a really great time there :) Can`t wait to see the videos :)

Sarah September 23, 2012

hahah I totally had Martin as my ziplining instructor in August! He is awesome!
also, i loved moguls and their sister cafe with the vegan soups (I can’t remember what they were called!) and I also had sorbetto at the same gelato stand. Weird.

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 23, 2012

Small world!! Isn’t Martin fun? Helen and him were just about the best instructors we could’ve asked for. I miss them! Is that weird?
Sounds like we found the same treats :) I only wish we had more time there.