Easy Roasted Tomato Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheeze & 2012 VegNews Awards

Tortilla Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheese-3638

Clearly, I’m trying to consume as many tomatoes as I can this month. If there’s a record out there somewhere, I could break it. As much as I like to leave the oven off in August, I’m much more of a roasted tomato kinda girl when it comes down to it. Raw in-season tomatoes are pretty darn good, but roasted tomatoes are the real deal. I’ve already made a double batch of my Roasted Tomato Pesto and have plans to freeze a batch or two of my Creamy Roasted Tomato Coconut Soup. There could be more…

Tortilla Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheese-3639

I made this pizza last week when a major, all-consuming pizza craving hit, only I wanted nothing to do with a regular yeast pizza dough. I rarely have the desire to make bread or dough from scratch unless it’s cold out. I contemplated buying pre-made pizza dough from a local grocery store, but the tortillas in the cupboard won the battle over my laziness.

I roasted a couple pounds of tomatoes and then ate a bunch right off the pan.

Made a creamy Basil Cashew Cheeze and ate some straight out of the processor.

Popped the pizzas in the oven then ate one right off the pan.

You’ll see what I mean below.

Tortilla Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheese-3641

Roasted Tomato Tortilla Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheeze

Print, Email, or Text this recipe

roasted tomatoes:

• 0.90 kg/2 lb tomatoes (I used mixed cherry tomatoes)
  • 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • fine grain sea salt & pepper

for the basil cashew cheeze (yield: 1-1.25 cups)

• 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes
  • 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste

Crust:

• Large tortillas

1. Place 1 cup raw cashews in a bowl of water and soak for at least 1 hour. Rinse and drain before use. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop tomatoes and place in a bowl and mix with olive oil, vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Spread out on prepared pan and roast for about 30 minutes or so. Remove and reduce heat to 350F.

2. For the sauce: In a food processor drop in garlic cloves and mince. Now drop in the basil followed by the roasted tomatoes and drained and rinsed cashews. Stop to scrape down the side of the bowl. Now add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until super smooth. Season with fine grain sea salt to taste. Add more oil or lemon juice if preferred.

3. Place your desired amount of tortillas on baking sheet. Spread sauce on each tortilla followed by a generous amount of roasted tomatoes. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes (watch closely) at 350F or until crisp and golden. Serve immediately. Store leftover sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge. It should keep for a week or longer.

Tortilla Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheese-3643

Now, if you dive into your food before the photos are taken, just crop it right out of the photo. No one will ever be the wiser! Until now. :)

Tortilla Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheese-3644

I have a feeling this could happen to you too. It’s that good.

2012 VegNews Veggie Awards

391423_10151069753971250_1872137162_nIf you haven’t already heard, the 2012 VegNews Veggie Awards are going down right now until August 31st. I’m thrilled to be nominated for the first time in the Favorite Blog category. There are all kinds of amaaazing prizes up for grabs like a Vegan Caribbean Cruise (!), Vitamix blender, ice cream party, shopping spree, and more just by filling out the survey (note: you must complete 50% of the survey to be entered for the prizes). No sign up is required.  If you think Oh She Glows is worthy of such an award, I would be so grateful for your vote (Favorite Blog category is found on page 5 of the survey – you can skip ahead if categories don’t apply to you). You can find the 2012 Vegnews survey here. While you’re at it, check out all the amazing vegan products/businesses/people/restaurants up for awards and nominate your own favourite products if they aren’t listed!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 21, 2012

Oooh congrats on the nomination Ange! You’ve got my vote for sure. And on the tomato front… I am with you!! At the Vancouver Whole Foods they had the tiniest orange, yellow, red, and purple tomatoes on the salad bar and I ate them like grapes!!! So cute. This pizza sounds awesome!

2 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 21, 2012

Tortilla pizzas are such a life-saver. I do Mexican pizzas on them a lot. Love this tomato idea. I just got a TON of heirloom cherry tomatoes I need to use up – they are ridiculously sweet this season!

3 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy August 21, 2012

oh yum! that cashew cheese sounds marvelous! gorgeous meal!

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 21, 2012

Voting now! Can’t wait to try roasting tomatoes for my first time in an oven once the temps drop here!

5 Jennifer August 21, 2012

I voted on the Veg News site last night, after seeing it in my FB feed. Was excited to see your blog listed and definitely voted for you. Good luck, Angela!!

6 Joy August 21, 2012

These look delicious! I am a pizza addict, and now have a new lunch craving.

7 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 21, 2012

How exciting! It would be well-deserved and I’ve got my fingers crossed for you :)

8 Anele @ Success Along the Weigh August 21, 2012

I love that you gave away your nibble secret! So funny!

Now I’m off to vote as you are MORE than worthy!

9 Caitlin August 21, 2012

this looks DELICIOUS! i am loving the abundance of tomatoes this august and i’m probably eating a cup or more of cherry tomatoes daily. definitely inspired to make a version of this ;)

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 21, 2012

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

11 Averie @ Averie Cooks August 21, 2012

Congrats on your nomination, Ange! You deserve it!!! That’s awesome you are being recognized!

And fab looking pizza. Basil cashew cheese – yum!

12 Andrea @ Vegvacious August 21, 2012

Congratulations on the nomination!!!

I totally agree that roasted tomatoes are the way to go….the cooler nights make it a little more bearable for turning on the oven for dinner. This looks fantastic, but I have to say my all-time fave tomato recipe has to be your scalloped tomatoes — I LOVE that recipe!!!!

13 Erin August 21, 2012

Angela, I thought you might find this email I got today interesting! It further justifies your tomato love, and gives you ways to use them as really interesting beauty products too :) I thought it was really cool even though I don’t share your love for the little guys

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 21, 2012

How fun! Sounds like a DIY project I’d be all over. hah

15 Karen August 21, 2012

You and me both…in-season tomatoes are on my plate every day! This looks like another winner!

And, I cast my vote for you last week, Ange…you are indeed so deserving – every recipe I’ve made, has been exceeded my expectations and you deliver each with a good dose of wit and fun. You are one of kind in the blog world. :)

16 Christa @ Edible Balance August 21, 2012

I am in LOVE with cashew cheese! I made a scallion cream cheese last week that I am completely obsessed with! I’m not a huge fan of tomatoes, but this would be great with zucchini too! Using a tortilla is such a fabulous light option :)

Huge congratulations on your nomination! Richly deserved Angela, you work so hard and are an inspiration to me and so many others! Off to vote right now!

17 Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner August 21, 2012

Voted! Good luck and congrats!

18 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie August 21, 2012

This looks unbelievable, I can’t wait to try it. Though I suspect that our definitions of “easy” are sliiiightly different. :)

19 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife August 21, 2012

Yum! Congrats on the nomination – & I voted :)

20 Solveig @ gluten-free-vegan-girl August 21, 2012

Ahh this looks so yummy, definitely going to try some of this out. Congratulations so much on your nomination as well! :)

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 21, 2012

This looks great!! Amazing recipe, as always :D

22 Ariel @ WestWithFlight August 21, 2012

I have cashew butter in the cabinet right now (just cashews. . . but they weren’t soaked). Could I use that for the sauce, do you think?

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

That’s a great question! I’m not sure as I haven’t tried it before. I would assume you could but you probably wouldnt need to use much. Also, do you think the processor would still blend it all up? I find without much liquid or solid foods, mine has trouble.

24 Emily August 21, 2012

So excited for you! You certainly deserve it!

25 Megan Wall August 21, 2012

Tomatoes are such gems! I love scurrying out to the garden in morning to pick them.
Tomato paste and sauce pretty much finds its way into everything I make… sometimes marinara goes immediately from jar into mouth via spoon… yum! Lycopene!

26 Marie@citronlimette August 21, 2012

Congratulations. I have already voted for you.

27 Lauren August 21, 2012

Congratulations Angela! I’ve been reading your blog since before starting my own and wanted to let you know that you have been a huge inspiration to me. I’ve tried many of your recipes and have never been disappointed. Your pictures have prompted me to further my own photography skills, because I’ve realized what an important part it plays in getting people to try new food. My biggest thanks has to be for overnight oats! Your blog was where I first learned of them, and I’ve been eating them ever since! :-)

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

Thank you Lauren, that makes me so happy to hear!

29 sarah@thesweetlife August 21, 2012

Congrats on the nomination! that is fantastic and you deserve it!
Plus those pizzas look AMAZING

30 Amanda August 21, 2012

Congrats on your nomination! I’ve been reading your blog since before I started my own, and it’s been a great source of inspiration for me.

I love tortilla pizzas for when I’m short on time. The basil cashew cheeze sounds great! I’m also a big fan of using hummus instead of tomato sauce.

31 Beth @ Tasty Yummies August 21, 2012

This looks amazing! I usually just use hummus as a base for my pizza, but I really need to make some cashew cheese, it looks amazing! Thanks for a great idea and congrats on the nomination!

32 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! August 21, 2012

My goodness, this looks amazing! Roasted tomatoes just sound so appealing right now :-)

33 Allyson August 21, 2012

I voted for your blog on Veg News, Angela! I love reading your blog! Thanks so much for everything you do. Cooking is hard work so thank you for sharing all of your great recipes!

34 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty August 21, 2012

this looks awesome and I voted!

35 Kendra August 21, 2012

That basil cashew cheeze looks amazingly delicious!! And I agree that tortillas are a great stand-in for regular pizza crust when you don’t have the time (or patience) to make homemade dough:) Congratulations on your Vegnews nomination; I will try to remember to vote for you!!

36 Tricia August 21, 2012

I’ve always wanted to make cashew cheeze and this is such a great opportunity to try! I guess I’ll have to eventually get a food processor anyway :)

37 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 21, 2012

Congrats on the nomination! You deserve it.

The pizza looks great. I hope to try it soon!

38 Elyse V August 21, 2012

Yummy! I will have to try this on a brown rice tortilla. As for eating so many tomatoes, I’m right there with you. I’ve been eating them for every meal, they are overflowing in the garden right now. Definitely not something to complain about though, just have to get creative with how to preserve/store them for when the anemic looking store tomatoes are our only option..

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

“anemic looking store tomatoes” hah that’s a good description!!

40 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 21, 2012

I think I’m going to make Friday night “Pizza Night” this week and this pizza looks delicious! I really want to try that basil cashew cheeze. I could see using that for a variety of things. You totally deserve the caribbean cruise…..I’ll be voting!

41 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

Thanks Kim! The prizes are actually for the voters – so goodluck to you!

42 Nadine Veroba August 21, 2012

I voted last night! You deserve it Angela!

43 Heidi kokborg August 21, 2012

Congratulation with the nomination, I am really happy for you :) And you definitely have my vote..
The torilla pizza looks so yummy! I actually made something similar last night, and it was really good.. But I am trying your version next time :)

44 Lisa @ the raw serenity August 21, 2012

These look great!
Some of my best recipes have come from a result of being lazy and not going to the shops , so having to use what ever I have left.
Voted for you a week or so so :) congrats!

45 Rajvinder Kaur August 21, 2012

Just voted. Good luck!! :)

46 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! August 21, 2012

Roasted tomatoes are the best! Roasting them brings out such amazing flavor! They add such depth to any dish! But especially pizza….this looks incredible!

47 Sunnie(moderngirlnutrition) August 21, 2012

Mmm I love using balsamic in my pizza:) And I couldn’t agree more with you on the tomatoes- you have to get them while they last!

48 Vanessa August 21, 2012

Hey Angie!! I just discovered a really delicious gluten-free “pizza” crust that I would love to share with you – do you have an e-mail address or similar?? It isn’t really a “recipe”, in that I don’t have exact measurements (hence the reason why I’m not just writing it out here), but it’s great and simple, involving potatoes and quinoa.

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

Hey Vanessa, sounds good. :) You can email me at angela (at) ohsheglows (dot) com

50 Hayley August 21, 2012

This looks delicious Angela!
I can’t seem to find a search tool to find your recipes by ingredient anymore. (ex. broccoli or cauliflower). Can you point me in the right direction?

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

I think you are thinking about recipage right? You can find it in the top category menu under recipes called “recipe index” then search in the search box. The direct link is also http://www.ohsheglows.com/recipage Hope this helps!

52 Amy August 21, 2012

Hi- congrats on your nomination! I just made the roasted tomatoes and basil cashew cheeze, but instead of putting it on a tortilla, I plopped it on a bowl of quinoa and topped it with a few chopped kalamata olives – SO good! Thanks for the recipe!

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

Great idea…we had something similar like that last night!

54 Deirdre August 21, 2012

Those tomatoes are luscious!

55 Lauren August 21, 2012

Absolutely voted for you in the veg news awards :)
This pizza looks delicious! Hubby is always in the pizza mood so this would be great to make at home for us!

56 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 21, 2012

So easy! Love this!

57 Megan@eatmybeets August 21, 2012

This pizza must have been seriously divine. I must thank you SO much for turning me on to the joys and deliciousness of cashew cheeze! I’ve been using the nacho cheeze sauce on my mexican-style casseroles and it’s sensational (way more so than cheese, even though I’m not vegan)

58 PoochesForPeace(Anna H.) August 21, 2012

Ive been MIA from your blog for a while. Oh how i miss these amazing recipes!

59 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

Welcome back! ;)

60 Tiffany @ eat clean work dirty August 21, 2012

Such a smart idea to use tortillas instead of pizza dough! I think I have some extra tortillas lying around…

61 annie August 21, 2012

I’m making pizzas on the grill this weekend and will DEFINITELY be making this one! Thanks for the great idea!

62 Amber August 21, 2012

This pizza looks amazing! I made the cashew ‘cheese’ for your raw taco salad the other day and fell in love with it. My husband, who was skeptical, loved it too! I ended up eating it all week on various things, so I can’t wait to try this variation. You got my vote for sure! Congrats on the nomination. You deserve it!

63 Jaime August 21, 2012

Ang, can you suggest another nut to use instead of cashews to make the cheese sauce or any cream sauce? I am being treated for an allergy to them right now (darn molds!), but need to stay away in the meantime.

64 Marissa August 21, 2012

I don’t know if you can have sunflower seeds, but they make a great cashew substitute in my experience. I have mold sensitivities, too. Good luck with your treatment. Hope you find some relief!

65 Jaime August 22, 2012

Thank you for the tip, Marissa! I thought maybe macademia nuts too?? But the sunflower seeds are much cheaper.

66 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 22, 2012

I’ve made some macadamia spreads before and they are crazy good. Not sure if you can have those but it’s worth a shot. I havent tried sunflower seeds but good to know they work!!

67 Marissa August 21, 2012

I have eaten more than my weight in tomatoes this summer. I’ve been eating them mostly raw, but this pizza has convinced me to sneak some roasted ones into the rotation. This pizza looks fantastic.

68 Kari @ bite-sized thoughts August 22, 2012

These look delicious – and congratulations on the nomination :) I want that vegan cruise for you and am hopping over to do the survey!

69 LizforaDay August 22, 2012

That looks so delicious and yummy. It also looks like a light meal. :)

70 Red Deception August 22, 2012

I totally voted for you for VegNews! I love your layout, the recipes, and the personality of your blog.

I want the pizza! Nom nom nom :) It looks divine.

71 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit August 22, 2012

I voted on the very first day that the awards came out and of course, you were my blog pick! Good luck :)

72 Susan August 22, 2012

Yum-now I want pizza too! Have already logged on and voted for you – good luck – you deserve to win.

73 Joanna August 22, 2012

Looks delish. Can I just come to your house for dinner?!?! I can make a trip to Oakville. LOL.

74 Sonal August 22, 2012

Congratulations on the nomination Angela!
This pizza looks amazing – I love using tortillas when the pizza craving arises. The basil cashew cheese i’ve never tried but i definitely will :)

75 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning August 22, 2012

Love the idea of having the “cheese” as the “sauce!” And the photos are beautiful! I am such a sucker for tomato anything- especially pizza.
Congrats on your nomination! Heading over now…

76 Tanya @ playful and hungry August 22, 2012

That pizza sauce looks delicious! I’d prefer to make my own pizza dough though ;) I don’t make pizza that often, but when I make, I simply love the smell of fresh pizza dough!

77 Shari August 22, 2012

Not sure if you have seen yet. Your site was recommended on the digital issue of Today’s Dietitian for the month of August. http://www.TDN-Digital.com

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 23, 2012

Hi Shari, No I haven’t but thanks for letting me know! Do you know where I can find the mention?

79 Shari August 23, 2012

I received it through an e-mail but am unable to easily find it on their site. Here’s what it says:
Our Blog Picks
• Oh She Glows, a healthy vegan (and sometimes gluten-free) recipe blog by Angela Liddonhat

Feel free to e-mail me and I will forward it to you.

80 luv what you do August 22, 2012

Congrats! I just voted for you!!!
I roasted tomatoes for a hummus yesterday and they were amazing!

81 Kelly August 23, 2012

Your recipes are such a timesaver – it’s great to have delicious meals already thought-out for me for when I get home from work. I’ve made different ones literally every night this week. Made this last night – came out great! I added some thinly sliced zucchini on top that I needed to use up – gave it a nice splash of green color – as well as some roasted garlic gloves left over from your roasted tomato and basil pesto I made Tuesday. :-) Oh, and you got my vote for the award!

82 marine cotte August 23, 2012

bonjour je vit en france et j’adore vos recettes mais je voulais vous demander combien de gramme cela correspondais pour les tasses (par exemple 1 tasse de flocons d’avoine en gramme)
merci beaucoup
matrine

83 Brittni August 23, 2012

Angela, I just have to say THANK YOU for this recipe!! It came at EXACTLY the right time and you have no idea how pleased hubby and I are with the outcome :-) It was such a great experience I had to write about it on my tumblr! I look forward to trying more of your recipes and I will definitely vote you!

84 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 23, 2012

So glad to hear that Brittni!

85 Tegan K. August 23, 2012

I made this last night for my husband and brother-in-law. They absolutely loved it!! It was full of so much flavor and color!

86 Tracie August 23, 2012

Made this tonight with my friends tomatoes from her garden. Mmmm sooo good. Thank you. I’ll definitely be making it a again.

87 Betty August 24, 2012

Just voted too! Congrats on the nomination – your blog is an inspiration!

88 Char August 24, 2012

I just made these pizzas with roma tomatoes. So yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

89 Lindsay August 24, 2012

This is amaaazzing!!!! We had a pizza party and cooked it on the BBQ!!! Wasn’t too sure about the tortilla so we put it on pizza crust and added a little pineapple! The “sauce” was by far the best part!! Well done :)

90 Lauren Hardy August 25, 2012

Hi Angela!

Your Basil Cashew Cheeze was inspiration for my latest recipe! (http://laurenhardy.com/?p=791) My roommates were speechless. Thanks for all you do.

Best,

Lauren

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 26, 2012

Wow it turned out gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

92 Meg August 25, 2012

Just tried this recipe tonight and it was delish! I used your pesto recipe with chick peas and added some roasted peppers for variety. The most important tip is to really watch while you’re baking the tortillas–they burn fast!

93 Brandi August 26, 2012

This was really good!!! My husband even liked it & he it tough to please. Thanks!

94 Lindsey August 27, 2012

Hi Angela, I’ve been following your blogs for several months and have been exclusively vegan now for 9 weeks (started after my 2nd baby was 4 weeks old). This was amazing!!! I love pizza and this totally did it for me.

Was wondering, while there is an abundance of fresh basil and tomatoes do you think this sauce would freeze and defrost ok for later use? It has a hummus or cream cheese like consistency so I’d think it would but just curious on your thoughts.

Thank you for your amazing recipes!

95 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 29, 2012

Hey Lindsey!
I havent tried freezing it myself before, but I have heard you can freeze it for up to 3-5 weeks. Let me know if you try it out!

96 Julia August 27, 2012

I started reading your blog a little over a month ago and can honestly say that every one of the 10 or so recipes I have tried (avocado pasta, spring rolls, overnight oats, tomato coconut soup, oatmeal raisin cookies, this pizza…) have been absolutely delicious! Your blog makes the transition to veganism so enjoyable. Thank you so much for your daily posts! I can’t wait for your cookbook :)

97 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2012

I’m so glad to hear that Julia :) Thanks for your comment! Goodluck with your transition!

98 AutumnTao August 29, 2012

I was so pleased to see you in the category when I voted yesterday. You earned my vote (said the girl eating your lemon tahini dressing on a delicious wrap at this very moment). Good luck!

99 sunidhi August 29, 2012

Hi it like my dream comes true. whatever ingredients u have used all r my favorite. every time while i preparing pizza its going hard can u give me some tips.

100 Hailey August 29, 2012

Totally voted you up in the competition girl! Hope you win!

Question – I’ve had friends tell me you can make pesto and freeze it in little ice cube trays for later use, but leave the cheese out when you freeze. Do you think you could make this and freeze, since it’s cheeseless? Or would something happen to the nooch?

Thanks!

101 Maddie August 29, 2012

I just made these for dinner, though I used grille flat bread. And it’s so hot here, that I chilled the cashew cheeze and roasted tomatoes and ate it cold. Then I stole your idea for spiralizing zucchini without a spiralizer and tossed that in the cashew cheeze too. So good!

102 Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See September 2, 2012

Hahah best eaten…immediately ;)

103 Jennifer September 4, 2012

In cashew cheese, what is the the significance of the cashews being raw rather than roasted?

104 Ali October 14, 2012

This was delicious! I was eating the pesto/cashew sauce right out of the blender!

105 Lynn October 26, 2012

Angela,
Just made this pizza for dinner tonight…Oh My Goodness it is so delicious.I made a spelt crust and added some roasted garlic as well. Love your site and all your yummy recipes. Who says veggies are boring?!!!!

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 27, 2012

So glad to hear that Lynn!

107 Afton November 8, 2012

I just made this for the second time, and we loved it again. This time, by 16 month old daughter ate with us, and she LOVED the cheeze sauce! She ate it by the spoonful when it came out of the blender, and then licked it off her slice of pizza!

108 Mari Noga December 5, 2012

Do you think rice tortillas will do okay in the oven? Trying to do GF for my hubby. It looks delish!

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 5, 2012

I can’t see why not! Let me know how it goes.

110 Mari Noga December 6, 2012

Eating it right now. Delish! Also, I’m the one that asked if we could use brown rice tortilla. It did work. I did do 9 minutes for baking, it came out a little crunchy but my husband and I really liked it. Ha-ha! My husband is in the kitchen making another one for him. Thank you! -Mari

111 Paige January 5, 2013

Just finished making this and it was DELICIOUS! The leftover “cheese” will be great on a sandwich, wrap, or veggie dip!

112 Justine January 6, 2013

This was wonderful! Especially when you consider how simple it is. Thank you.

113 Tess February 2, 2013

*wipes tears*, the last bastion, pizza, my vegan guilt trip can finally come to an end. Every Sunday night we have family pizza and movie night, I make the pizzas and I’m the only vegan, I have to make those meat-lovers what they want, so I always crumble and have cheese on top of my otherwise pizza….until today…I’ve been asking the universe to help me out on this one, pizza is not pizza unless it has something creamy happening. I’m going to add caramelised onions to your recipe as well. Thank you.

114 Fleur February 27, 2013

Any recommendations for a variation on the toppings?? So excited to try the basil cashew cheese sauce! But too many tomatoes are a bit acidic for me, what else would you suggest goes well with that sauce?? Any suggestions welcome, thanks!!

115 Heather March 1, 2013

This pizza is absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing recipe. I often have cravings for pizza and I am so ecstatic to find a vegan recipe that tastes better than real pizza actually does! =)

By the way, I adore your blog and will admit that almost all of the vegan recipes I have made have been from here. Thank you for providing such a wonderful resource.

116 Tricia Ewanchuk June 15, 2013

Have you tried making a cauliflower crust? I am going to try that this weekend. Wish me luck

117 mara July 4, 2013

amazing! just tried this recipe (with walnuts instead of cashews ) ugh this was soooo delicious.

118 Ashley July 14, 2013

I made the basil cashew cheeze and it was AMAZING! I could hardly stop eating it straight out of the blender lol the only change I made was subbing fresh tomatoes for roasted ones, and bottled lemon juice for the fresh; and I added a couple tablespoons of old pesto I needed to use up. I used it on a veggie pizza instead of tomato sauce and it was sooooo good! I will definitely be making it again. :)

119 Stephanie August 2, 2013

Waiting for this to pop out of the oven. It was pretty fun to make. I love cashews, garlic and tomatoes so this combo should be fabulous. Just moved into a new place so I haven’t become an expertise with my oven and I think it cooks slower, I have to cook it longer than 15 minutes to make it crispy!

120 Rachel September 2, 2013

I made these using Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Tortillas and they were delicious!!

121 Haley January 23, 2014

Thank you, from the entirety of my happy heart. This pizza was so good.

122 Jana March 11, 2014

We had this tonight and it was SO good. Thank you for all blogging your recipes. I love almost all of them!

123 Dimitri May 13, 2014

Hi. Why is it called ‘cheeze’ instead of ‘cheese’? Thanks.

124 Michelle June 1, 2014

Ooh I love when I find recipes that I already have all the ingredients for on hand! How many tortilla pizzas will the roasted tomatoes and cashew cheeze cover? Thanks, Angela.

125 Elizabeth March 28, 2015

I made this tonight — too lazy to measure ingredients. IT WAS DELICIOUS!

126 Susan October 14, 2015

I used this recipe for some company and what a hit! I made my own whole wheat pizza crust and added caramelized onions. This was my first time with soaked cashews and basil in place of cheese and it won’t be my last. So scrumptious. Added a picture on my Facebook page and noted this web site.

127 lara August 21, 2016

hi, how many pizzas does this recipe make? xx