Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a Jar

IMG_8867

Last week on Twitter, I asked you guys if you’d rather see a main course or dessert recipe for the upcoming Easter holiday.

Of course, many of you vegan goblins said you wanted BOTH!

I like the way you think.

Actually, the majority vote was for the main course recipe, easily by a 80/20 split. Does that surprise any of you? It’s interesting to note this because my most popular recipes (or should I say, the ones that are clicked on the most) tend to be dessert recipes. Maybe it’s the case that people enjoy drooling over pictures of desserts, but in reality, we tend to make more savoury, main course recipes.

IMG_8870

Well, let me tell you, this isn’t a dessert that you should just look at. You should make this now. And be sure to take a picture because they last much longer.

sigh.

IMG_8883

That was the damage I did immediately after the photoshoot. HA!

Imagine a cross between a peanut butter cup and a chocolate peanut butter torte, with a healthy, vegan twist. This is it! My obsession with this idea started when I came across a peanut butter cup recipe over at The Purple Spoon. I couldn’t get it out of my head for days!

IMG_8858

I wanted this dessert to be mini to keep the portion size in check, so I used these cute and portable 125ml mason jars. They worked like a charm! I picked mine up from Canadian Tire. You can find different sized mason jars at many home hardware type stores, as well as Wal-Mart. If you don’t want to use jars you can use ramekins, but the dessert won’t have nearly as much height to it. Or you can easily double the amount that goes into each dish.

IMG_8802IMG_8828

The first thing you do is make a chocolate graham cracker crust with graham crackers, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa powder. If you don’t want to use coconut oil, you can sub in Earth Balance and you can also sub the maple syrup for another liquid sweetener. I added a couple tablespoons of the crust into 5 mason jars and then pressed it down with my fingers until even.

IMG_8830  IMG_8831IMG_8834

Fool proof.

For the second step, I whipped up the insanely creamy and buttery peanut butter filling. I feel all flustered just looking at the picture again!

IMG_8809

My goal for this filling was to make it high in volume, so I used silken/soft tofu to add thickness and body with minimal calories. It was my first time making a dessert with soft tofu and I was a bit hesitant (ok, a lot), but it worked amazing and I could not detect it at all.

Now portion about 3 heaping tablespoons of filling into each jar:

IMG_8817

And place the jars in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

IMG_8835

Now go do some busy work or you will drive yourself insane peeking into the fridge every 45 seconds. I’ve been there…the minutes pass like days.

After the filling sets, melt the chocolate and coconut oil and then spoon a teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of each. Now, quickly twist the jar all around to coat all sides with chocolate. Chill in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets. I prefer to enjoy it cold from the freezer, but I let it thaw for about 10 minutes first..if I can wait that long.

IMG_8851

Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a Jar

Vegan, no bake/raw

By

5 from 1 reviews
Yield
Five 125ml jars
Freeze time
Prep Time
Cook time
0 Minutes
Total Time

Ingredients:

For the crust
  • heaping 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs (10 squares)
  • 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (or Earth Balance)
  • 2.5 tsp cocoa powder
For the filling
  • 200 grams soft/silken organic tofu, roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup Sucanat or brown sugar, processed into powder (or 3-5 tbsp icing sugar)*see question #6
  • 1 tbsp almond milk
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • salt, to taste
For the chocolate shell
  • 2.5 tbsp dark chocolate chips
  • 1.5 tsp coconut oil (or Earth Balance)

Directions:

1. If making homemade powdered sugar, add 1/2 cup of Sucanat (or brown sugar) into a high-speed blender and blend until a powder forms. Set aside, but leave the lid on as it needs to settle.
  2. In a food processor, process the crust ingredients until crumbs are a bit damp. Add 2 tablespoons of the crust into each jar. Spread out evenly and flatten with fingers.
  3. Quickly wipe out the processor bowl. Now add the filling ingredients and process until silky smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
  4. Add 3 tablespoons of filling into each jar and spread gently with a spoon. Place jars into freezer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes to firm up a bit.
  5. Remove jars from freezer and melt the chocolate on the stove-top or microwave. Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of the filling. Quickly, twist the jar around to coat all sides. Repeat for the rest. chill in the fridge or freezer to firm up the chocolate or just dig in as is!

Tips:

You can also try using my homemade PB graham crackers instead of buying from the store.

IMG_8866

Ingredient/Allergy Questions you may be wondering about:

1. What if I can’t have nuts? If you can’t have nuts, I suggest using sweetened sunflower seed butter as a swap for the peanut butter. You may also need to swap coconut oil for Earth Balance and be sure to check all other ingredients.

2. What if I can’t have gluten? For a gluten-free crust that works amazing (I even tried it myself), try using this pecan based no bake crust. Of course, double check all other ingredients to ensure they are GF.

3. What if I can’t have soy? That is a tricky one for this recipe. My first thought is to use banana (or banana soft serve!) because it’s sweet, easy, and blends super smooth. You may also want to reduce the sugar.

4. What if I don’t have coconut oil?

Feel free to sub Earth Balance for coconut oil.

5. What if I don’t have maple syrup?

Feel free to sub any liquid sweetener of your choice.

6. How do I make homemade powdered sugar?

As I’ve seen on Lesley, Ashley and Katie’s blogs, it’s very easy to make homemade powdered sugar. Simply add Sucanat, brown, or white sugar into a high-speed blender and blend until a powder forms (you can also add a bit of cornstarch to it, but I didn’t bother to for this recipe). Allow it to sit in the blender for at least 5 minutes to settle. There tends to be a huge white cloud when you take off the lid, so it’s a bit messy, but it’s a great, natural swap for confectioner’s sugar so I’m not complaining too much. I didn’t measure how much 1/2 cup Sucanat made, so if you are using store-bought powdered sugar I would start with 3 tbsp and add to taste from there. Sucanat also gives the filling a nice golden tone.

7. What if I don’t have mini jars?

Feel free to use ramekin dishes, but I suggest doubling the ingredients since ramekins are a lot bigger.

I imagine they can also be heated up, but I didn’t get that far…

IMG_8882

Whew, am I chatty today or am I chatty today?

Must have been that 6am hot yoga class…I’m bouncing off the walls here.

1 Ileana April 3, 2012

This is such an interesting idea. I love peanut butter!

2 Heather @ Better With Veggies April 3, 2012

OMG – this looks amazing!! I love the mini-mason jars you served them in almost as much as the dessert idea (almost). Did you follow that hot yoga class with one of these? ;)

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

hah I wish…I could use one right now! Might have to be whipped up again on Good Friday :)

4 Stephanie @ Legally Blinde April 3, 2012

Oh my goodness, these look amazing. Peanut butter + chocolate is by far my favorite flavor combination, so these are pretty much as perfect as a dessert can get, in my opinion. Can’t wait to try them out! I gave up chocolate for Lent and am eagerly counting down the days until Easter :) Also, kudos on making it to a 6AM hot yoga class! I think I was turning off my alarm in my sleep around that time, haha.

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

I think I was too ;) on my mat…

6 chocolate-covered katie April 3, 2012

That was always my favorite part when I did yoga: the last 5 minutes where you get to sleep! :)
(And now I’m really lazy and don’t go at all…)

7 Jenna A. | The Paleo Project April 3, 2012

I want to do this with Almond Butter! But sans tofu and lots of the other ingredients. It looks delicious but could also be made so much simpler for my allergies.

8 Misty April 3, 2012

So simple and so cute! tied with a easter coloured ribbon and this would make the cutest easter treat for guests! LOVE YOUR BLOG!

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

10 Misty April 3, 2012

could we do a crushed pretzel sprinkle topping?

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

now you’ve gone and done it!

12 Miranda @ working mom works out April 3, 2012

You are my hero! Now I have to sit at work all day while I think about making this tonight. Oh, the humanity. ;-)

13 Kate April 3, 2012

these look insane I love the combo of the graham cracker crust & creamy filling YUM!

14 Hailey April 3, 2012

Oh my goodness, I know what I am making for dessert tonight!!! I’m pretty sure I would eat this for breakfast too. This looks like such a delicious, healthy combo! How are you so good??? :-)

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

im pretty sure i did eat this for breakfast…

16 Emily @ LivingLongfellow April 3, 2012

adorable! A friend just gave me some of those jars asa canning herb gift, but i’m totally using them to make a dessert like this :)

17 Janel April 3, 2012

You’re a genius! Unfortunately my husband doesn’t like the chocolate pb combo, so that means I’d have to make and eat these all by myself. Sigh…tough life.

18 Sarah with Veggie Kids April 3, 2012

How could it get any better!? I will definitely give these a try along with my little helpers in the kitchen. I’m not sure we’ll make it to the freezing stage as we may dip into it for important taste testing! These look so great!! Love the jars too.

19 Shelly April 3, 2012

Oh man, I need to make this for my hubby ASAP. He loves chocolate and peanut butter together!
Also, if you are interested in more desserts with Silken Tofu, you should try 101Cookbooks chocolate mousse. I made this for a bunch of non-vegans and they all asked for the recipe!
It’s so easy and delicious!

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

Thanks for the link Shelly! I’ve seen quite a few blogs with a silken tofu pudding recipe…might have to try it out. If its anything as good as the PB one was…oh myyy.

21 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 3, 2012

Oooh yes! I’ll have one for my main course AND one for dessert please! ;)

22 Kristen April 3, 2012

Wow those look to die for. They would be cute to send away with the friends/family who can’t stay for dessert. Tie a little spring colored ribbon around the jaw and voila! Instant party pleaser! I’ll be making theses for sure. My fiancé is a sucker for peanut butter, so I’m sure they’ll go over very well around here!

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

thats a really cute idea!

24 Christine (The Brighter Side of Life) April 3, 2012

Nasty. In a good way. *sigh*

(at least the portion sizes are small… but of course that doesn’t stop me from eating more than one…)

25 Yellow Haired Girl April 3, 2012

What a great idea! I’d definitely eat one of these bad boys :)

26 helen April 3, 2012

Ahhh!!! Words cant describe how excited I am by these right now!!! Cant wait to make them. I had a Reese’s pb cup the other day to satisfy a craving but it just didnt compare to the homemade versions following your recipe…. homemade, chemical free #ftw

Can I request more stuff in jars too! :)

27 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

I was hoping someone would ask that…I’m pretty obsessed with these mini jars. heh. Maybe a pie?

28 helen April 9, 2012

YES PLEASE!

29 julie April 3, 2012

oh. my. this is my idea of heaven. thank you!

30 Beth April 3, 2012

You did it again! Looks amazing, and I can’t wait to try them!

31 Lindsay April 3, 2012

Young Thai Coconut would be a great replacement for tofu as well!

32 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

great idea! I’ve never used it before but now Im intrigued.

33 Heather April 11, 2012

Where do you get this coconut? I have never used tofu and it scares me. I would love another way to get the same texture.

34 chocolate-covered katie April 3, 2012

Oh but Angela, you didn’t answer my question!!
What if I can’t wait 30 minutes for that insanity to reach my tummy? ;)

The second photo is definitely my favorite. All the best things in the world captured in a little jar.

35 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

waiting 30 minutes is definitely a huge problem with this recipe ;)

36 K April 3, 2012

these are adorable!! I’m making this on the weekend! Love the jars too- going to pick them up at Canadian Tire
Will try with banana soft serve, not a tofu fan..

37 Noelle (@singerinkitchen) April 3, 2012

Dang this looks so good….looks like the baby is allergic or sensitive to peanut butter or soy. I must test it out. Lovely dessert!!!

38 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed April 3, 2012

zomg. those are adorable.

39 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen April 3, 2012

I made maple roasted cashew butter the other day that I’ve been thinking about combining with chocolate somehow. This just gave me the perfect idea! :)

40 Heather April 3, 2012

YUM! I love anything w/ peanut butter so these are on the list to try. A weekend treat perhaps :)

41 Linda April 3, 2012

these look fantastic!! I’m pretty obsessed with them right now and its great to see them in a vegan version! love the jars :)

42 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 3, 2012

Thank you for the inspiration! It was all I could think about for days…haha.

43 Karen April 3, 2012

Amazing! I have everything at the house and will be making these on good friday!! THANK YOU!!

44 Destini April 3, 2012

wowowowowowow I wish I didn’t read this at work. I really want one of these! Fantastic idea

45 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh April 3, 2012

Oh girl, you’re killin’ me. This looks AMAZING! But the great this is I bought tofu on a whim and had no idea what to do with it. Thankfully I do now! :-)

46 Brittany April 3, 2012

This looks absolutely amazing! I’m definitely trying this one time, I’m obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate!

47 Kaylee April 3, 2012

Great recipe! Avocado might be a good alternative to the silken tofu (mixed with agave and a little cocoa powder and peanut butter).

Also…I just wanted to say thanks for an idea–you actually posted a picture in passing, but it’s been my obsession for the past two weeks since you posted it: the banana, almond milk, and sunflower butter bowl! Dear lord! It is so heavenly and I can’t stop eating it…breakfast every day! I’ve also added some chia seeds and let it sit in the fridge for an hour (tough to do), and I also sprinkle fruit-sweetened granola with pistachios and mulberries on top. It’s…perfect. So THANK you! Or maybe I should be angry that I can’t bring myself to eat anything else for breakfast. >:)

48 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

hah that’s so funny! It’s so good, right? I love your idea of chia and letting it sit…I can imagine how thick it gets!

49 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 3, 2012

This looks like my new favorite dessert! And with tofu, it’s basically a health food, right? :)

50 Jasmine April 3, 2012

Just pinned this, how you don’t mind. It’s too fabulous not to share!

51 Averie @ Averie Cooks April 3, 2012

These little parfaits or PB cups in a jar look so delish! I’m sure you saw it was (American) national PB& J day yesterday. You could add a smear of jelly to some of these and be all set :)

But chocolate and PB is amazing :) They look so adorable!

52 Amanda April 3, 2012

These sound so good and the small mason jars are too cute. I think I need to make an almond butter variation…yum!

53 Alex @ Raw Recovery April 3, 2012

Oh I am SO excited about this recipe!! I love chocolate and peanut butter

54 Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 3, 2012

Ooh each layer of that looks like heaven so I can only imagine what it tastes like altogether! I’m curious about the nutritional analysis on this but I bet it’s a lot lower cal than it looks, especially due to the soft tofu, as you said!

55 Carrie April 3, 2012

Wowza!!! That looks SO GOOD!

56 kaila@ healthy helper blog! April 3, 2012

Such a cute idea! I love it! Graham crackers and pb is a childhood fave of mine!

57 Tonya April 3, 2012

oh my gosh! I haven’t even read the blog post yet. i just saw the title and that pic and my knees bout buckled! I’m almost scared to read any further! peanut butter cups in a jar! ok ok calm down…scroll back to the top…

58 Tonya April 3, 2012

easy peasy, delicious, healthy, pnutbutterly and mini! LOVE IT!! Thanks!

59 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

haha! Thanks for the smile

60 Deirdre April 3, 2012

I’m speechless. That looks so delicious. I think I’ll just go for it – all the way and use a large jar instead! In the end, there will be fewer dishes to clean.

61 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes April 3, 2012

I love this! What an awesome idea :)

62 Liz @ IHeartVegetables April 3, 2012

holy monkeys. I need this NOW!. PB And chocolate is my FAVORITE!

63 Laura April 3, 2012

This reminds me of my favorite vegan bar at New Seasons… I think it is by Petunias Pies & Pastries… It has the gluten free crust (to die for) and then a thick chocolate slab over the peanut butter filling. oh my goodness – amazing. so am dying to try this!

64 Jacqueline April 3, 2012

Oh my goodness! You had me at the title of the post. The pictures are beautiful and I have a feeling these portable peanut butter cups are going to pop up soon in my future! Thanks for yet ANOTHER amazing recipe!

65 Heather April 3, 2012

6am yoga classes are the best…completely energizing!!!!

Those look insanely delicious…yummy! I’m pretty sure my boys would love these … I will just avoid sharing the fact they contain tofu :)

66 Heather (heathers dish) April 3, 2012

Oh
Em
Gee

I’m in love!

67 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 3, 2012

This reminds me of something my grandmother used to make for my great-grandmother. The love of chocolate and peanut butter flows through my veins, too! You just can’t go wrong with that combination!

68 Heidi @ Food Doodles April 3, 2012

Mmm, these look incredible :D

69 Sylvia April 3, 2012

I wonder if coconut whipped cream would work instead of tofu? You know that hard cream that settles at the top of a can of coconut milk? Probably a hella lot of calories and fat that way but I bet it would work. Taste… not sure!

70 Jocelyn @ WhatsOnTheWire.com April 3, 2012

I am always looking for vegan dessert recipes, and I just LOVE peanut butter!! Can’t wait to give it a try.

71 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers April 3, 2012

Mmmmm – those look heavenly! I love the mason jar presentation too.

72 Angela April 3, 2012

In all of your deserts that feature peanut butter, have you ever subbed almond butter? I see here you’ve suggested sunflower seed butter. I’ve been on a almond butter fix ever since reading several books that all suggest peanuts contain lots of mold and can be taxing on the liver. But this looks amaZING!!! I think I’ll try with PB anyway for a little splurge! Everything vegan in moderation, right?!? Thanks.

73 Meg @ Maknwaves April 3, 2012

YAY! These look so good and I have been dying to find a good recipe to satisfy my cravings for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups since I am allergic to EVERYTHING that is in them. Your substitution advice is a great help! I will definitely be making these :)

74 Becca April 3, 2012

Where did you find vegan graham crackers?!

Also, instead of soy, people could use blended cashews to make like a cashew cream.

75 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

another great idea re: cashew cream.
It’s not easy finding vegan graham crackers, especially because most contain honey. I looked in about 4 stores for them! I finally found them in bulk, but I admit the ingredient list wasn’t the healthiest I’ve ever seen (containing glucose-fructose….blech). Next time I’m going to try making my own crackers and using it for the recipe. I’ve also heard that Health valley makes vegan grahams but I haven’t found them yet.

76 Cait's Plate April 3, 2012

This. is. GENIUS! I am definitely making these soon!!

77 Melissa April 3, 2012

Oh wow, these look amazing! Chocolate peanut butter is my absolute favourite. I used to inhale Reese’s PB cups before I gave up dairy. I’m tempted to make these for a wedding favour! I will have to taste test a bunch first though, of course haha.

Are you still planning on starting a running group? I’d like to get in on that if possible. I would also like to work up the courage to try hot yoga. I really have no excuse except my fear of feeling like an awkward newbie. I am thinking of trying Some Like it Hot… do you have a studio recommendation?

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

Hey Melissa! I made a list for the running group, but since I injured my knee lifting a box I’m just waiting for that to heal until I start running. Sorry for the delay! Hopefully I can get it off the ground sooner rather than later :) You are on my list though. I tried SLIH yesterday and it was nice, but I hope to try other studios as well to get a feel for what’s out there. There are so many options!

79 Stephanie April 3, 2012

Yum!!!

80 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 3, 2012

This looks incredible! Love the flavor combinations :)

81 Alyssa April 3, 2012

Whew, I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets recipes stuck in my head. When I see something that I want to try (like this recipe for instance) I’ll think about it all day and have dreams about it at night. I’ve thought maybe I needed to get my head checked out;)

Anyways, I’ve been wanting to get some small jars to make mini pies in and now these. Thanks!!

82 Michelle Tibbs April 3, 2012

I’m making this today…using PB2 instead of peanut butter. I love PB2, all the protein, none of the fat. Nothing wrong with good fat, but I like my desserts to be guilt free. I can use the extra calories of fat in my entrees!

83 Andrea @ Vegvacious April 3, 2012

Holy deliciousness! These look amazing! I love when things are made in small single servings. It helps me with portion control because this is one of those things where it wouldn’t be hard to put back a whole batch!!!! Great recipe Angela!

84 Kat April 3, 2012

I had NO idea you could get these jars at Canadian Tire! I am stopping on my way home! Thanks for posting where you got it! I am on a mission lately to find coconut oil which seems to be an elusive product right now.

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

Coconut oil can be tricky to find. I’ve found that it’s usually in the natural food section of the grocery store. Otherwise you can find it online or in health food stores.

86 Lindsay @ biking before bed April 3, 2012

You can never go wrong with the chocolate peanut butter combination. I would definitely have to make these right before I was leaving the house. Otherwise I would probably just be staring at the freezer waiting for them to be ready.

87 sarah April 3, 2012

Wow! I can’t wait to try this! And thank you for being so kind and giving so many other substitution ideas. I always use those little jars to bring vegan overnight oats to work or wherever. Perfectly portable!

88 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

overnight oats in a jar is fun! Sometimes I use a big jar and make 2 servings in it…and then somehow it doesn’t last me a day ;)

89 Willow April 3, 2012

What a perfect little dessert! Love the idea of mixing the PB with the tofu… as odd as that sounds to say. :P

And hot yoga at 6am? You go, girl! I can’t wait to be healthy enough to get back to my yoga classes – I miss them so!

90 Moni Meals April 3, 2012

Alright Ange, you totally BROUGHT IT as promised. :) It is funny too, with all the list of things you had mentioned, there is no reason one should or could or would not make these! No excuses!! You covered it all/

I will for sure be making these because it is m fav combo of all. Pb and choc with a crust. Done and done. Love that small portion control too. ;)

91 Daisey April 3, 2012

This looks amazing! Thank you so much for telling us how to make it GF. I can’t wait to try it!

92 Sarah April 3, 2012

I’m drooling…… I wish I could have ONE right now :)

93 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 3, 2012

Yum! These have been bumped up to the top of my “must make” list! I’m going to make them with soy nut butter instead of SSB – it’s my favourite nutless butter and I’ve heard that it actually tastes slightly similar to PB!

94 Michaela@pilgrimageofhealth April 3, 2012

How perfect for a party! Seriously, they look delicious–perfect combination of chocolate and creamy peanut butter. I’d love to simply eat the pb filling!

95 Anna April 3, 2012

This looks absolutely amazing — I wish I had some now.
I need to buy some ingredients, but I have a feeling it’s going to be delicious when I get there!

96 Janae April 3, 2012

I love the jar idea. Would be a perfect little gift!

Are those your new antique painted boards you were talking about (in the photo w/ the food processor & PB)?

97 Cookie + Kate April 3, 2012

I want nothing more than to eat a giant jar of peanut butter cup right now. It’s been one of those days! These look incredible, Angela.

98 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

giant jars…now you’re onto something!

99 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 3, 2012

This looks amazing!!!! I have no words, I’m speechless!!

100 Sara Nickel April 3, 2012

My day seriously just got a million times better after reading this recipe! Thanks for the allergy info and modifications too. I will be making ASAP. Thanks Angela!!

101 Bri Carpenter April 3, 2012

oh goodness me! These little guys look delicious! I definitely want to try making these but will have to use the subs for the crust and filling. I’ll let you know how they go!
Thanks for the recipe!!

102 Sarah April 3, 2012

I love that you were able to take a crazy delicious-looking yet unhealthy dessert and make it better for you and yet still crazy delicious-looking. You are a genius. Can’t wait for your book to come out!!

103 Abby @ Fig & Fork April 3, 2012

I don’t know what it is about Mason jars, but everything is more to eat out of them!! Dessert in a jar – I love it!

104 Katy April 3, 2012

Looks delicious! The idea of small jars is great… portion control!

105 Laura April 3, 2012

Mason jars are THE best thing ever. ONLY container I ever use for food storage! Walmart even carries 1.9L ones sometimes…you can store so much quinoa or steel cut oats in one.

oh…and next time I see dbf for the weekend I’m totally making these. Amazing!

106 joanna April 3, 2012

looks so delicious!! thank you for adding the alternative ingredients at the end!

107 laura April 3, 2012

Nomnomnom chocolate and pb is the best combo. :)
What kind of hot yoga do you do?

108 Pure2raw twins April 3, 2012

oh yum! love mini mason jars :) love the presentation of these too!!

109 PoochesForPeace(Anna H.) April 3, 2012

yay! Cant wait to try this. i had a several month streak of cooking the majority of my meals, mostly vegan. and working out regularly, but the past 7-8 weeks have fallen off the wagon a bit due to trying to settle in to a new job! but im noticing how much less energy i have and how “blah” i feel sometimes lately, and i really think its because of my diet and excercise not being regular right now. I need to start enjoying healthier versions of dessert again such as this and revert to making all your yummy main courses again!

110 Abby @ Change of Pace April 3, 2012

Can’t wait to make this recipe!
I love the addition of the questions at the bottom…no need to try and figure out the answer myself and risk ruining the glorious dessert!

111 Izabela (yoginiselfportrayal.wordpress.com) April 3, 2012

OMG-I will make sure to make it tomorrow!!!Looks delicious. Hey Angela where do you practice yoga in Oakville?

112 Kari @ bite-sized thoughts April 3, 2012

I share your fluster on looking at these pictures. I now have a voice in my head demanding that these be made. I sense it won’t be quiet until I obey! They look amazing!

113 Sathya April 3, 2012

Gotta try this one soon :) your food photography is getting amazing day by day ! Thanks for all the posts ..

114 Leah April 4, 2012

These looks INSANELY delicious!

115 Olya April 4, 2012

I have no words… that’s just beautiful

116 greenthyme April 4, 2012

This is a GENIUS idea! I love it! Glad you tried the tofu. I was afraid to use it in dessert the first time too. I used it to make a raspberry chocolate ‘cheesecake.’ I didn’t tell anyone what was in it (only after they devoured a slice). Everyone was shocked :) It works so well because it gives it a creamy consistency. I can’t wait to try this! I agree with whoever it was above that said it would be a great dessert send off!

117 Vegan April 4, 2012

This is perfect desert this coming Easter Sunday. My family will love this, that’s for sure. We all love peanut butter. This is a must-try recipe. Thanks for sharing!

118 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

I hope you all enjoy it!

119 Karine F April 4, 2012

Gosh!! This looks so yummy! I’m thinking about this non-stop since yesterday night…. I will have to make those today or tomorrow for sure. Thanks!

120 LizAshlee April 4, 2012

Wow, you have taken peanut butter and chocolate to a new level..this looks so amazing!! Is 1 jar 1 serving bc I don’t think I could stop myself!

121 Helene April 4, 2012

I actually had a dream about these peanut butter cups last night.

122 Somer April 4, 2012

Holy Moly Deliciousness. You inspire me Angela! So grateful for your blog!

123 Kelly April 4, 2012

Yes please! I will be making these today….I already had planned a run to the store so no excuses not to! :)

124 Sabrina April 4, 2012

I would like to try this dessert. What can I substitute for the silken tofu??
thanks

125 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

Hey Sabrina, please see my suggestions in the post. Other commenters suggested young thai coconut or cashew cream too.

126 Ashley F. April 4, 2012

YUM! No other words are necessary!

127 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

that’s for sure ;)

128 kath April 4, 2012

Genius recipe!!!

129 Hong Mei April 4, 2012

Made this tonight. Made it with the suggested nut crust. Didn’t put the chocolate on top because my husband doesn’t like chocolate. He ate three servings. Guess he liked it.

130 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

hah that is usually a good sign ;)

131 Nicole @ giraffelegs April 4, 2012

So basically you made heaven in a jar?

132 Amy April 4, 2012

Lent can’t end fast enough!

133 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

heh sorry to tease… :) Hope you like them if you end up making it!

134 Brittany@FloydsKitchen April 4, 2012

OH MY! im completely out of words for once in my life.

135 Jen April 4, 2012

I made a chocolate mousse once with silken tofu and it worked. Ya its not the same as real chocolate and lots of eggs but it was good enough. I am going through my pantry in my mind to see if I can recreate your recipe :-)

136 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

Ive heard that is fantastic!

137 Jamie April 4, 2012

These look amazing. I cannot wait to try them. This recipe comes just in time for Easter.

138 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

Thank you Jamie, I greatly appreciate it!

139 Zoe@lose weight and gain health April 4, 2012

Oh my, they look fantastic. I MUST make those soon :-)

140 Robyn April 4, 2012

Purrfection….in the freezer…brilliant!

141 Kelly April 4, 2012

I made these last night!! DELICIOUS!

142 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

glad to hear that!

143 Dawn April 4, 2012

I was curious about carob powder. I was getting ready to buy some online and I saw Bob’s Red Mill only sells “Toasted” Carob Powder, do you think there is some difference because it’s “toasted”?

144 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 4, 2012

i called the Bulk Barn where I buy my carob powder and the lady said it doesn’t say that it’s toasted….so I guess I am buying un-toasted carob powder! Im not sure how much the taste differs. It might be worth googling to see if there is any info on it.

145 Heathy April 4, 2012

Oh wow this looks so yummy! Love peanut butter and chocolate together!

146 TeenyLittleSuperChef April 4, 2012

Oh sweet jesus, this sounds delicious! I can’t wait to give it a try. You pretty much had me at peanut butter but then I read further and now I’m totally in love with this idea. It never ceases to amaze me at your ability to keep coming up with new and totally awesome recipes all the time. You are a culinary genius :)

147 Desiree April 4, 2012

This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! i CAN’T WAIT TO TRY IT! Angela I LOVE your blog!!!!!!!

148 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2012

Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind words Desiree.

149 Kara April 5, 2012

Ohhhh my gosh this would be a perfect dessert to make for my sister’s bday this weekend!! Thank you :)!

150 Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com April 5, 2012

Peanut butter is my husband’s favorite food. Thanks for the recipe!

151 Vanessa April 5, 2012

So very excited about trying these this Easter weekend :)

152 Erika - The Teenage Taste April 5, 2012

Oh my gosh, I don’t even have words for this other than YUM and WANT! :-D

153 Adriane April 5, 2012

Angela, I want to make this for a work party but don’t have mini jars. Do you think the proportions would work in a 9×9 dish or a pie dish? Our would I have to double it?

154 Fiona April 5, 2012

This is honestly one of the most delicious and fun looking desserts I have seen! I think you are right, we all love to look at desserts, and would make them if we had more time, but more often than not, the savory dishes get made because we all need and expect dinner every day. I am definitely going to try sometime over the next week and will post about my results!

155 Jenna April 5, 2012

Mmmmmm! This is sooo tasty! I made it this morning and it was hard to put in the freezer to save for tonight! I was also hesitant on that tofu PB layer but wow was it amazing…I licked the food processor clean ;)
Thanks!!

156 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2012

I know what you mean, I was hesitant to taste it too!

157 Jen April 5, 2012

Made these last night and they were awesome! Also, the mini mason jars are adorable. I was so happy to have an excuse to buy them. I bribed my husband with the promise of peanut butter and chocolate to get him to take me to the hardware store for the jars. He’ll do just about anything for the PB/chocolate combo!

158 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 5, 2012

Smart girl ;)

159 Susan April 6, 2012

Wow – I was traveling for work and missed your blog for a few days so I was doubly excited to come back and find this! You can bet that I’ll be making this pdq. Thanks for the continued fantastic recipes.

160 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 6, 2012

I’m glad to hear that..have a wonderful weekend Susan!

161 Kim April 6, 2012

I just made these and added a thin layer of banana soft serve before the chocolate… heaven…

162 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2012

Great idea Kim :) Ill have to try that next time

163 Robyn April 6, 2012

These were so very good,,,only shared one with hubby,,,,the rest were all mine!! I am mostly raw and do very little for treats and no sugar other the fruit/grains(little). But I did add 1/2 the sugar to these and next time try adding a few dates instead…Great recipe<3

164 Meagan April 6, 2012

Correction to your #1 answer…. Coconut oil is from a seed, not a nut :) I’m allergic to nuts but I can eat seeds just fine

165 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2012

Hi Meagan, I recently heard that coconut was debated about being classified in the nuts category since so many people have allergies. Do you know if that’s true?

166 Janna April 6, 2012

Well I made these tonight with one substitution….. I was out of silken tofu and didn’t feel much like running to the store and I had some tofutti cream cheese. I must say WOW!!! So yummy like everything I have made from your blog, thank you :)

167 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2012

Glad to hear that Janna! Take care

168 Jennifer April 7, 2012

I made these yesterday and they were awesome! I loved them. I think next time I might put some crushed nuts in the crust :) Fantastic idea.
Love your blog,
Jenn from Halifax

169 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2012

So happy to hear that Jenn!

170 Gonneke April 7, 2012

A dream in a jar!!! <3
I just made this for tomorrow's easter dessert…
the silk tofu was new for me and what a wonderful surprise!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe…
happy easter! :-)

171 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2012

glad to hear that! Enjoy & Happy Easter :)

172 tatiana April 7, 2012

So I just stumbled on to your blog looking for something vegan and sweet with the stuff I’ve got in my pantry. So I don’t have cute little mason jars but I DO have a tonne of plastic Easter eggs. Guess what’s going in those tonight? That’s right, mini-peanut butter cups! Thank you.

173 Brooke April 7, 2012

Just wanted to leave a comment saying that I made these last night and they are awesome! I used your double chocolate torte crust recipe that you linked to in your post and used walnuts instead of pecans. Then, instead of tofu in the PB layer, I subbed 1 banana and did not add any extra sugar. I also increased the PB a little. I did not change the chocolate shell on top. Wow! These are soooo good and I don’t feel guilty eating them. I did wait until the weekend to treat myself, but these make me feel like I’m having a healthy treat. Your recipes are always the best! Keep up the great work and I look forward to the book :-)

174 Meenakshi April 7, 2012

Hi Angela,

I just had to make these immediately with whatever ingredients I had at that time. So for graham crackers, which we do not get here in India(atleast they are not easily available), i used cookies, for tofu i subbed cottage cheese and my oh my… i just loved them. I was literally licking the dish clean. well, there were a couple of things i needed to improve on like making the base a little bit harder. I am going make them again today :D.
I will surely try these with tofu sometime.
Love Love Love them. yum!

175 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2012

thanks for letting me know! Enjoy the rest :)

176 sarah@www.sarah-otoole.com April 8, 2012

Oh man these look good! I don’t have any small mason jars but I do have the big ones;) Just kidding..kinda.

177 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner April 8, 2012

Oh my gosh, those look AMAZING! I am a sucker for peanut butter cups — I would TOTALLY make these if I had graham crackers on hand. :)

178 Krystal Litt April 8, 2012

A wonderful hit at our Easter brunch. Thank you!

179 Von L. April 9, 2012

I made these desserts for our Easter dinner and they were absolutely scrumptious! My kids thank you!!!!

180 Kristin April 10, 2012

So good, thanks Angela! I made these for my family on easter and they were all suprised to learn that there was tofu in it. I messed up by putting it in one big pie dish instead of individual ramekins. Haha whoops, definetly made a mess and would have been better off following the original instructions. Would have loved to have an even thicker layer of the peanut butter mixture because it was so friggin’ tasty :)

181 Tania April 10, 2012

Amazing! I just made these little cups and I gotta tell you, Angela, you really rock!! I’ve made several of your recipes and they are all wonderful and have been added to my recipe book. I”m passing along your vegan goodness to my friends. Thank you so much!

182 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 11, 2012

Thank you Tania, so happy to hear that!

183 Janet WIlson April 10, 2012

just wanted to tell you that I made these last week and they were incredible! Great recipe!!!!

184 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 11, 2012

yay!

185 Heather @ For the Love of Kale April 11, 2012

WOW. The end.

186 Monica Sutherland April 11, 2012

I just finished making this recipe and my filling was much thicker – how did you get it so creamy (and spreadable with the crust??) more almond milk?

187 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 12, 2012

Did you use soft or silken tofu? If so, then Im not sure, but yes you could try more almond milk. The thickness of the PB might impact things too.

188 Stacey April 11, 2012

I made these without the crust last night for my boyfriend’s birthday. They are amazing. I blogged about them and linked to you.

189 Winter April 15, 2012

I made these this morning and they were delicious. I had to use light cream cheese in mine since, for whatever reason, no place in town had silken tofu. I had to add around an extra 1/4 cup of peanut butter though so the cream cheese didn’t dominate in flavour though. I also thought I’d go crazy and double the recipe to yield more cups/jars filled, but it ended with me adding more peanut butter filling to the jars… oopsies. So now I’m left with extra graham crust that I’ll be using to make more of these treats with. ;)

190 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2012

hah nice…glad you enjoyed them!

191 Karine F April 16, 2012

Ok! Gotta say, I just made those little guys (not quite the same recipe, I changed it a little because I did not have graham cookies) and OMG!!!! This sis SOoooooooooooo worth it!!!!

I’ll post something about it tomorow and will linked it to your original recipe. Thank YOU it’s so frikkin’ yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

192 Pamela April 19, 2012

Curious if the tofu be substituted with anything? I’m not supposed to have soy?

193 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 19, 2012

check out my substitution suggestions in the post :)

194 Pamela April 19, 2012

Duh- oops! I sHould have read the complete post. Thanks! Sorry

195 Barb C April 20, 2012

A couple days after I drooled over this post, I saw those little mason jars in the store and knew that was a sign I had to make them. Well, I’ve made them twice! My family LOVED them, and I love that the tofu lightened them up a bit. Adorable and delicious and healthful – how can you ask for anything more?

196 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 20, 2012

Hi Barb, thats great to hear! Thanks for letting me know, I always appreciate it.

197 Katalin April 20, 2012

These are DELICIOUS. I made a double batch today in a muffin pan lined with parchment liners. They are perfect!!!

198 Katherine April 23, 2012

These lil bad boys are firming up in the freezer right now… Instead of 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp graham crumbs I just used 1/2 cup and added 2 tbsp ground flax. Didn’t have coconut oil so just a splash evoo…. The tofu mixture tastes amazing… Light and creamy and dreamy, everything tofu isn’t.. You have amazingly done it again. Thankfully the jars come in a 12 pack so I’ll have to double the recipe next time, sigh.

199 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 23, 2012

ground flax is a great idea!

200 Mara May 5, 2012

Angela, I’ve made this 3 times now – addicting!!! Husband, boths sons (4 & 2) devour this dessert before I can say seconds anyone? I’d say it’s their fave hands down. I could simply drink the filling, haha! I didn’t have almond milk and used unsweeted coconut milk which worked fine. I also bought lite silken firm tofu in error which worked. I’m wondering if you will be coming out with a coconut cream pie version soon, please!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine what you would come up with. Something simply divine as usual!

201 Sherlock May 6, 2012

OH MY GOSH! This looks insane! I am literally drooling right now. I’ll do as you say and make this now….*whoosh*

202 Marcy May 21, 2012

These are to die for. And the perfect serving size. The PB rocks. And I was inspired to wing it with some pineapple and coconut next. They’re freezing now! Ice “cream” for summer. Yippee!! And no tofu taste at all.

203 beti May 23, 2012

this is such a delicious idea! I can’t wait to make a lot of them just for me

204 Yvette July 2, 2012

Just made these using frozen banana instead of tofu, and they’re dreamy. Used much less sugar–about 2 Tbsp total. Thanks for a great recipe!

205 Carol July 4, 2012

I made these for our Fourth of July BBQ. Made 16 jars, wrapped red, white & blue ribbon around the lids and never got to have one, they were gone before I could get a jar. Thank goodness I kept “testing” the process. ;) Best part is I am the only vegan in the family so 14 people ate them not knowing they were eating tofu and found them absolutely delicious! The only change I made was a thicker chocolate shell. Thank you for yet another yummy recipe!

206 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 4, 2012

Wow carol that is such a cute idea!! What lucky family members ;) Great call on the thicker shell too!

207 Tammy August 12, 2012

These look YUMMY!!! I may have missed it somewhere, but how many jars does this recipe make? I may have to make these fot a get-together and want to know how much I need to multiply the ingredients by.

208 Kimberly Andresen-Reed August 17, 2012

I was thinking about making this using cashew/almond creme instead of the silken tofu. I just found packages of ready-made organic cashew and almond creme at my local Hyvee and it’s pretty thick and should work well.

209 Kimberly Andresen-Reed August 20, 2012

I may have found a substitute for tofu in this recipe, cashew and almond creme, which you could make at home of course, but I also found it locally packaged under the name MimicCreme (organic, gluten free).

The texture I’d imagine is similar and it’s actually really solid with the peanut butter mixed in, even without freezing or refrigerating.

210 sarah September 11, 2012

Made this recipe yesterday-and its AMAZING! My husband who has the biggest sweet tooth loves them even more than me! I’m going to try substituting the PB with Tahini and adding some sugar/gluten free PB flavour and in my graham cracker crust (which i used coconut flour) I will add Chocolate flavour Stevia-that way I don’t have to add chocolate on the top. Then I can top it off with some raw crushed up nuts w/ a hint of Himalayan salt….make this a even more “guilt free” high protein dessert .
Thank you for sharing this recipe!!!!

211 Samantha September 15, 2012

They look so delicious! I am going to pick up some graham crackers next trip to the store and make this!!!

212 Mischelle November 27, 2012

This look so good! Discovered this recipe featured in Shape magazine while searching for lunch & treat ideas for a bike camp. Definitely on the list of possibilities. I do have one question… would you have a recommendation for substitution for the silken tofu? I try to avoid soy products, where obvious… what about cashew cream?
I have found such inspiration from so many of your recipes (now, on Pinterest too)! Just delightful!
Mahalo nui loa!

213 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 28, 2012

Yes cashew cream might be able to work! Let me know if you try it out :)

214 Steanie December 19, 2012

I just finished making these for my Christmas party. The mini version I made for myself to taste test was really good. I cut the sugar in the filling by a little more than a half and substituted the tofu with some Tofutti cream cheese, because that’s what I had on hand. I assembled the peanut butter cups in two ounce shot glasses (a perfect serving size, in my opinion, considering how rich they are), and they will no doubt go quickly at the party. Thanks for the recipe!

215 Maddie January 14, 2013

I LOVE this recipe. I was skeptical about the silken tofu, but thought I’d give it a shot just as the recipe is written. WOWOWOW. This is most definitely on my “do again” list. And, the jars are so adorable, this would be the perfect thing to whip out of the fridge at a dinner party. (I’m not a great baker, so this is about as fancy as my desserts are gonna get!)

The only thing I wish I had done was put it in the fridge and not the freezer. My graham cracker crust and the chocolate on top were rock hard (and I only put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes after I drizzed the chocolate on top!) I think it would be delectable room temp or only slightly chilled.

216 Kelly Giannelia January 14, 2013

Love the idea of these!! Just wondering if you have the caloric value for them?

217 carolyn January 15, 2013

Has anyone tried freezng these? They look bomb and I plan on making them this weekend, but don’t need to eat all 5 in a row!!!!!

218 Angela January 15, 2013

Wow! I am glad you posted this again in your yearly wrap up cause I missed it the first time. These look so dreamy! I just made some vegan peanut butter cups (like the candy) from scratch and have already finished most of them. This may have to help me wean off ;)

219 Archana January 15, 2013

Hi Angela,
I am so excited to make this recipe. I don’t have a scale to weigh the tofu. Silken tofu boxes usually come in 12oz sizes in the US. What do you think 200gm is the equivalent of in oz? I’m also thinking of doubling the recipe.
Thank you very much!
-Archana

220 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 16, 2013

200g is equal to 7.05 oz. hope this helps!

221 Archana January 16, 2013

Thank you so much! It does help.

222 Deb January 22, 2013

Umm… Thank you! We tried it tonight and the whole family went yum! 5 Stars from my daughter ;-) It reminded me of reese’s pieces except way tastier! I only made the filling with a few changes: 2 Tbsp powder sugar, ~ 2 Tbsp maple syrup, no milk to make up for the liquid sweetener. Excellent recipe and a perfect treat!

223 Mary January 25, 2013

Wow, Angela!

I feel like I’m late to the party! I just saw this recipe in your top of 2012 and 15 minutes later I was scurrying to the grocery store for tofu.

Since I’m allergic to chocolate, I tweaked the recipe just a wee bit…cinnamon graham cracker base with a hint of agave, a teeny bit of cinnamon in the tofu pb mousse, and then a dollop of apple chia jam! Amazing!

224 Djm February 1, 2013

I love your blog! Especially the Canadian sources for stuff… These were delicious. Made them with cashew butter because my son is allergic to peanuts. I could have eaten the whole recipe myself but decided to share:)

225 Nancy March 4, 2013

I don’t even eat sweets and I thought this was delicious!!! Everything I have made on this site is soooooooooooo good! You are a terrific cook. I just recently gave up meat. This site has been a God sent!!!
Thanks for all your wonderful recipes!

226 Ingrid March 7, 2013

I made these yesterday and they were delicious! I made mine in ramekins instead because I don’t have the right size jars & omitted the topping for the benefit of my toddler but then she didn’t like it anyway, some people have no taste. :P

227 nicole March 22, 2013

that’s it. i’m stopping at the store on the way home and buying a food processor, graham crackers, and little jars. and then i’m making this.

and then i’m eating this.

i cannot wait.

228 Linda April 11, 2013

Angela,
I LOVE this, but am wondering if you have nutritional content per serving? I am
hoping to serve this at a healthy dinner club but we need to be able to tally our
intake. Thanks for your inspiring website!!

229 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 11, 2013

No Im sorry I don’t have it calculated yet. enjoy!

230 Jenna June 3, 2013

Made these a few weeks ago and they were to die for! I have just began my journey into clean eating and I was terrified at the idea of never eating a chocolate peanut butter cup again….these are even better! I froze a few, as I cant eat them all myself at once, but when I had one last night, either the crust or chocolate tasted funny….im wondering if its the coconut oil that doesn’t freeze well?

231 Jana Cervinka July 7, 2013

I have just finished making my second batch…these are incredible!!!! This time I added some small peanut bits into the base crust- can’t get enough of those peanuts! This makes going vegan easy – thank you! Your recipes and blog have helped me and my husband increase our vegan meal plans.

232 Nick August 16, 2013

Hey!! This looks delicious!! My favorite thing on the earth is the combo of chocolate and peanut butter–so you can imagine I’m practically salivating! Lol. But what’s is the calorie content for one of these?! Any round about figures for me? I’m on my own weight loss journey and love finding new recipes for all occasions to try out! Would be greatly appreciated!

–Nick
nickymags.tumblr.com

233 Molly Rammel August 21, 2013

Just tried this recipe and its delicious! definitely a keeper!

234 danielle November 21, 2013

Angela,

I just made these for a trial run for a friend’s giving I have this weekend. Came out great except when I melted the chocolate chips and tried to quickly spoon and twist the jars, the chocolate just stick to my spoon and not to the filling..any idea why? I want to be able to get it right for my dinner and that’s the best part! Oh and I used pb banana soft serve instead of tofu..tasted yummy just seeing how it does when it freezes, ill probably have to let it melt a little before serving or it will be icy

235 Julia Kemp, RHN December 15, 2013

Hi Angela,
These look divine! Do you think the extras could be stored in the freezer until you’re ready to eat (maybe taking them out an hour or two before to thaw)?

All the best,
Julia

236 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2013

Hi Julia, I haven’t tried freezing them, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. If you try it, please let us know. Enjoy!

237 Becky December 21, 2013

I like to make these in silicon muffin liners, then freeze them and eat them like ice cream sandwiches!!

238 Caterina January 17, 2014

I just made it and brought it to a dinner :) it was delicious!

239 Kristine February 9, 2014

We had family visiting this weekend, so made these as a special treat…without telling them about the tofu. Dessert was a smashing success!! They requested I make them again when we get together in April.

I think next time I won’t press the crust quite so firmly into the bottom of the jar because it was a small struggle to get it out. Be we poked and prodded until it softened up because we didn’t want to miss out on one sweet, creamy bite.

When I fessed up about the tofu, they didn’t care one bit because the result was so delicious.

240 Muse February 15, 2014

These look absolutely amazing! For about how long can we refrigerate it for? A few days?

241 Rashidah March 23, 2014

Tried it and I feel in love instantly…It’s so good!

242 Deena Zaki June 4, 2014

Hi Angela,
I was wondering if I could freeze the peanut butter cups in a jar overnight rather than just for 30 minutes.

243 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2014

yes that should be fine!

244 Nannyberry June 23, 2014

These were a big hit even for our friends who don’t normally eat these healthier versions of desserts! Love them & love the presentation in the jars!
Looking forward to making them again this time with the Pecan crust for my daughter who is following a gluten/soy free diet. Of course seeing your recipe for Chilled Double Chocolate Torte: The No-Bake Version, where I found your crust recipe, will be something I will also make for her since she is a chocoholic!
Love checking for other great recipes to try!

245 Sawa July 17, 2014

Aloha Angela
Should I have to press the water out from tofu before use?

246 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 18, 2014

Nope, no need :)

247 Heather C November 10, 2014

These don’t just look good, they are fantastic! Less than a 1/2 hour putting it together. I had to distract myself by mopping to leave them alone for chilling. It was a sweet reward for doing my chores though. Can’t wait to serve them to company.

I only had extra firm silken tofu, so I added some coconut milk with it to the blender. I dare anyone to tell it’s made with tofu. Creamy, Rich, Chocolate & PB. What could be better?

248 Kat December 24, 2014

I just made these last night! Didn’t change a thing, and since i did it so late they are all in the freezer waiting to be christmas eve dessert. Although Im wondering if I should put them in the fridge a few hours before hand so they soften up a bit. Tops on or off? Thanks for the great recipes!

249 Kendra March 3, 2015

Has anyone tried using medium firm tofu instead of silken? I couldn’t find organic (my preference for soy products) silken.

250 Jennifer January 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just made these – I can’t explain how good they were … just awesome! As with all of your recipes, they are good for you and taste amazing. Thank you for sharing your great recipes!!