Top 15 Vegan Breakfast Recipes of 2011

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on January 3, 2012

IMG_5320_thumb IMG_8958_thumb IMG_3216IMG_3316_thumb 20101108IMG_0034 IMG_8752-2IMG_2128 IMG_6950 IMG_4080-2

Not many people know that I’m a former stats geek.

During my 2nd year of my undergrad program, I was absolutely terrified to take my first stats course. I thought I was going to fail, thus shattering my dreams of going to grad school. As it turned out, I ended up falling in love with (most) of my stats courses, studied my butt off, and excelled in them. I surprised myself because I’m not normally a math person, but stats appeal to me because they tell a story! Stats have a hook.

I realized that the Best of 2011 recap posts are like a mini research project for me. It’s fun to see what types of recipes you guys love the most!

This breakfast round-up comes at a good time because my breakfasts were all over the place while on holiday. I was eating random things like dinner leftovers, odds and ends (read: cookies), and sometimes I forgot to pack enough breakfast food while away and got by on random pieces of fruit. It wasn’t ideal and didn’t leave me with bursting energy.

My goal for this week is to get into a normal breakfast routine again and back on the Green Monster train!

15. Glowing Sunshine Juice

5. Apple Pie Oatmeal

IMG_9758

4. 12 Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait recipes

IMG_4080-2

3. Carrot Cake Oatmeal

IMG_6612b

2. Vegan Overnight Oats recipes were very popular such as The classic recipe, Blueberry Banana Pie, PB and Jam, and Carob Banana Chia

IMG_6969-2

and the #1 breakfast recipe of the year goes to…

1. Classic Green Monster!

IMG_8958_thumb

and the honourable mention award goes to…

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie!

IMG_0924_thumb

What types of breakfast recipes would you like to see more of in 2012?

Caitlin January 3, 2012 at 9:54 am

The spoon in photo #10 is to.die.for! And your photos never cease to amaze me. So great to find a fellow stats nerd! I love stats for the very same reason as you – the stories they tell! I minored in stats at college!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 10:07 am

Thanks! It’s from Anthro purchased in 2010

Susannah July 30, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I agree, your pictures are FANTASTIC! As is this amazing place…OSG

Elaine August 10, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Angela- I am making your stawberry shortcake stacked pancakes at the bed and breakfast tomorrow. Thank you for so many ideas! Please come open up a vegan eaterie here in Savannah, Georgia!

Meghan January 3, 2012 at 10:03 am

All of these, with the exception of the Green Monster perhaps, are sweet. I can’t do sweet in the morning. It makes me nauseous! My go-to used to be an egg sandwich, but obviously, I am looking for a vegan alternative (that doesnt take a ton of prep time). I’d so appreciate any recommendations!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 10:06 am

I was thinking more savoury recipes too! Maybe a breakfast sandwich or something?

Meghan January 3, 2012 at 11:15 am

Yes! That would be lovely!! Looking forward to it.

Kathryn January 3, 2012 at 11:51 am

I second that! I like sweet sometimes, but savory is delish too! Loving all the top of 2011 posts!

Maureen Pluthero January 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I agree I am trying to cut out all sugars and sweeteners from my diet in January. Trying to see if they are what trigger my outbreaks. Savoury would be good and I would love a sandwich please.

Tamara December 22, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Scrambled tofu or savory pancakes, perhaps?

Francheska January 10, 2012 at 3:34 am

Oh my, a breakfast sandwich for vegetarians would be amazing! go brainstorm lol i love your recipes!

Kymber Allen February 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I second that. I love a savory breakfast most mornings.

Carol February 20, 2012 at 7:30 am

Any chance for a vegan eggs benny recipe?
nom

Sondi January 3, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I agree with this! I would love to see more savory breakfasts. Though I love my sweets, since I eliminated refined sugars I have a hard time having really sweet things at the start of my day.

Arica March 2, 2016 at 8:51 am

I agree! I am definitely a savory breakfast person! I crave hashbrowns in the AM so need healthier alternatives. Have you ever tried ful medames? It is an Egyptian bean recipe, I think beans for me would be a good replacement protien for eggs.

jenna January 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

those strawberry shortcake pancakes kill me every time! they look amazing!!!!

i wish i lived with you so i could wake up every morning to these beauties!! i hope your New Year is off to a great start!

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed January 4, 2012 at 9:00 am

I agree, I’d love to move in :D

Tracy January 3, 2012 at 10:06 am

Perhaps the tastiest “best of” list I’ve seen all year. We love your creations so much that we nominated you for the Versitility in Blogging Award:

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thank you Tracy! Going to check it out :)

Becca January 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

More cooked steel cut oat recipes, please! Steel cut is my favorite type of oat.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 3, 2012 at 10:10 am

How the heck did I miss that sunshine juice recipe?!?! I need it now.. my throat has been killing me since I got back from Italy! As for breakfasts… I need to switch mine up more in 2012, so you’ve just given me some good ideas! :)

Britny W January 3, 2012 at 10:10 am

I have tried quite a few of these. Actually had my first green monster this morning! I think more savory breakfasts would be delicious! My mom used to make this breakfast casserole with potatoes, peppers, sausage, eggs, and cheese. It was delicious! I wonder if it can be veganized somehow??

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:08 pm

a breakfast casserole would be great!

Laura January 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

This year was a revolution of breakfasts for me! I broke out of my oatmeal w/ banana and cinnamon routine because of all of your lovely combinations! Also fell in love w/ green monsters and kale! I forgot about your strawberry shortcake pancakes. Might make them as a treat this weekend!

keep the breakfasts coming! They’re my favourite kind of recipes (although they are all awesome).

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I’m happy to hear that Laura! I’m thinking this weekend is a pancake weekend too…

Red Deception January 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

I love each recipe – although the sweet potato dish looks droolworthy. Must…make!

I want to see more ethic themed meals… mexican, vietnamese, japanese, native american….

It would be exciting to see a vegan twist on such a variety of food!

Natalie January 3, 2012 at 10:22 am

I was eating my Pad Thai the other day and thinking I would LOVE to see Angela’s version of this :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:10 pm

thanks will do!

Cait's Plate January 3, 2012 at 10:26 am

Oh man. You just made me want breakfast 10 times over again!! I definitely need to try out a bunch of these!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 3, 2012 at 10:37 am

your carrot cake oatmeal is my absolute favourite! I make it at least once a week :D

Lauren January 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I was wondering if there is any substitute for the coconut milk cream. I am not familiar with coconut milk! Your breakfast looks so good. I am trying to eat less meat in the new year and your blog is really helping me with that. Also, I am thinking I need to try that Green Monster even though I am a little nervous. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Hi Lauren, I think that depends on the recipe. Which one were you thinking of?

Jessica @ Chockohlawtay January 3, 2012 at 10:38 am

Not only are your recipes AMAZING and utterly unique, your photography skills are so good that I almost died after every picture… I think I’m going to make every recipe on this page!!

Jessica @ Chockohlawtay January 3, 2012 at 10:39 am

Oh, I forgot… I would love to see more oatmeal recipes that are easy to make. I’m trying to eat oatmeal every day :) Either that or some breakfast muffins (or cupcakes, hehe)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:10 pm

you had me at breakfast cupcake….seriously. lol.

Thanks for your kind words!

Becki @ Bites 'n Brews January 3, 2012 at 10:45 am

We’re reintroducing the Monsta back into our lives today too. It’s been too long since we’ve had that green goodness!

[email protected] KatieDid January 3, 2012 at 10:47 am

So many gorgeous photos and creative recipes. I especially love the parfaits, they always look so decadent and fun to eat first thing in the morning. I liked some of your higher protein ideas that you tried a few months back, as I need lots of fat and protein in the morning.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Did you ever see that post when I made Eric a manly green monster? hilarious. well not for him, but was for me. I pretty much scared him from green monsters for life with that recipe!!!

Andrea January 4, 2012 at 12:07 am

Would love to see that post! Can you share the link!?

Amanda January 3, 2012 at 10:49 am

I cannot wait to try your carrot cake oatmeal. Carrot cake is my favorite!

I think someone mentioned this already, but I’d like to see some savory breakfast options. I tend to crave salty rather than sweet on a lot of mornings, which is why I gravitate towards tofu scrambles over pancakes. Don’t get me wrong though – I love pancakes too. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Thanks I will keep that in mind!

Maria @ Sinfully Nutritious January 4, 2012 at 5:58 am

You sound just like me. I think people think my breakfast blog posts are crazy. Tofu Florentine, Sweet potato hash, tofu scrambles, vegan quiche, and spicy Italian pepper & tofu eggs. I love oatmeal, but for some reason, I can only eat it as a snack. I need a hearty, savory breakfast that keeps me going until lunch.

Angela, thank you for all your awesome inspiring posts. You always make me hungry! :)

Jeanine (The Blue Sash) January 3, 2012 at 11:07 am

I like your idea of a breakfast sandwich. That would hit the spot!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 3, 2012 at 11:09 am

I forgot about apple pie oatmeal! Must make that one again soon. I’m obsessed with carrot cake oatmeal – I made it for my whole family last Christmas and everyone adored it.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Aww that’s nice!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 3, 2012 at 11:14 am

Although I really really really want those strawberry shortcake pancakes, I must admit that I rarely ever “cook” breakfast. The hubby likes cereal and hates sweets. I eat oats through the week. So as crafty as I get in the kitchen on a weekend morning is a smoothie or a pb&banana sandwich. I know… lame.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:13 pm

heh not lame at all, I think that is the rule rather than the exception! The blog forces me to come up with breakfast recipes, otherwise I’d probably still be drinking the same GM each morning. :)

MJ January 3, 2012 at 11:19 am

Love your recipes. Would love to see more savory recipes.

tonya January 3, 2012 at 11:24 am

Angela, you can do no wrong. Keep putting them out and we’ll keep making them and eating them. If you wanna mix it up–throw in some savory recipes for us.

I’ve had similar breakfasts over the holiday break so I’m gonna green monster it up this week, too. Thanks for the motivation!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 3, 2012 at 11:27 am

Oh these top recipe posts are killing me. I want them ALL. I’d like to see more hot cereal type breakfasts without oats because I’m allergic to them but that’s a pretty selfish request :) Just do your thing. Maybe more veggies incorporated into breakfasts?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm

not selfish at all, great idea! What cereals do you like?

Lindsay @ The Reluctant Runner January 3, 2012 at 11:33 am

Your Carrot Cake Oatmeal is one of my all time favorite breakfasts! It is so delicious! I’ll have to make it again next week, it’s been awhile. Also, the Glowing Sunshine Juice looks so delicious and energizing, I wish I had a juicer!

Jesse (OutToLunchCreations) January 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

I just got a juicer and so far I’m just throwing in random ingredients. My favorite so far was apples, cranberries and ginger – it was festive and so tart. I mixed it with some club soda to make a really fun cocktail. I’m a big grapefruit fan so I can’t wait to try Glowing Sunshine Juice.

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 3, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I swear I would eat all of this in one sitting…Im a breakfast LOVER!! I get excited to go to bed if I know i have a FAB breakfast in the fridge!

Anything that is carrot cake in the a.m. is good in my books!!

xxoo

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty January 3, 2012 at 12:21 pm

|”Yummy!!!

I would LOVE more savory breakfasts!! I find that most people love sweet breakfasts, but I totally prefer savory!! I made savory breakfast waffles and they were amazing!!! :)

Happy 2012 – all the best to you guys!

Anna @ the Guiltless Life January 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Haha I love looking at my site’s stats too. It fascinates me – human behaviour, right? It’s a sociological experiment of sorts….right??

I love the look of the carrot cake oatmeal and the pumpkin gingerbread smoothie is calling my name! I need to keep varying up my traditional oats breakfast so this is great for inspiration. My green monster is already in regular rotation! x

Amy January 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I’d love to see more savory oats recipes, as well as more veggies in non-liquid form… like scrambles or stir-frys maybe? More variety, I guess!

My go-to OSG breakfast recipes are the healthy spelt pancakes (so easy to remember!) and the savory oats with salsa, avocado, crackers and nutritional yeast. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I love those ideas! Thanks. I also am a huge fan of the savoury oats. Maybe I should come up with another.

Meghan @ Making Love in the Kitchen January 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Gotta LOVE the green monster as the #1 – can’t start my day without my own little green monster (the good, juicy kind – not the jealousy kind!)

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy January 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm

yum! All of these recipes look delicious. Love this post, it is dedicated to my favorite meal!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 3, 2012 at 1:02 pm

The Sweet Potato Breakfast casserole is unbelievable! I’ve made it a lot and everyone loves it. Also, can’t go wrong with the traditional Green Monster. My kids have started on the Green Monster train, too!

How ’bout more veggie themed breakfasts that are quick?

Katie Smith January 3, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I tend to gravitate towards the VOO for breakfast more often than not because I LOVE the do-ahead quality of them. For 2012, I would love to see more recipes that you can do-ahead, and don’t have to do anything with the morning of. I adore cooking and baking, but first thing in the morning, that’s the last thing on my list! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I’ll put my thinking cap on!

Joy January 3, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I’d love more green monsters I have some orange dreamsicle amazing grass (the first amazing grass that I hate) and I need a way to get rid of it and not taste it

But my reality is I prefer soup for breakfast

Mandy Jo January 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I tried my first green monster over the weekend and it was amazing!!!! I have also tried the Blueberry Banana Pie (overnight). I didnt think I’d like oatmeal cold but it was delicious! I made it again, but kept the bananas out and replaced them with blackberries. The bananas just got too mushy and brown ( I had a few days of leftovers). The blackberries were a good addition.
I would love to see more bread or waffle recipes! My favorite kind of breakfast are oatmeals and breads with almond/peanut butter, I feel like they fill me up more than eggs/sausage etc.
I was also hoping you may be able to give some pointers on the best way to keep leftover food. I hate using plastic! Thank you again for your recipes!
Cheers to 2012!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi Mandy Jo, Thanks for the feedback! I’m happy to hear that yo are enjoying the GM and VOO!
As for storage, I’ve recently made the switch from plastic tupperware to mostly glass or all glass storage containers (I think they can be found at Costco). I find they work well and can be frozen too.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I’d like to see any recipe you want to create in 2012. These all look amazing and I really don’t “cook” breakfast. I’d say it’s more of a grab ‘n go thing for us. And don’t forget to grab that coffee, too. That’s what breakfasts of champions are made of, too. Lol

Great photos…seriously so pretty and thanks for the trip down breakfast memory lane from the past year.

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles January 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Breakfast foods are my absolute favorite! Some of these ideas will probably carry me through lunch and dinner at time! ;)

Amber K January 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm

You have some of the most beautiful photography I’ve ever seen! These look amazing.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 3, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I adore that buckwheat porridge. It tasted so good, but I think your gorgeous pictures had something to with it too. ;) I swear it would’ve been even better if I had cute glasses like that!

margy rose January 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I feel ya! I never understood a darn thing about finance or economics. I was actually not great at either. But I decided to major in both, worked my butt off to understand them because I figured it was better to study something in school that fascinated me but that I knew nothing about. Now, I’m a corporate financial analyst. So go figure…
oh… definitely more green drinks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:19 pm

that’s awesome, good for you! :)
It’s amazing how fear can sometimes prevent us from learning to like something.

Sara C January 3, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Got a question. When you say “coconut milk” in a recipe, do you mean the traditional kind from a can, or the new Coconut Milks that come in a carton like this: http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/

Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:05 pm

The kind from the can :)

Jessica @ Garden Gastronomy January 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I’ve been thinking about switching up my breakfasts. Just in time! And peanut butter swirl pancakes? YES PLEASE!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I SUCK at pancakes. A tutorial+more lessons would be oh so fab. And then maybe, not so flat.

TeenyLittleSuperChef January 3, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Oh man, thanks so much for the compilation of awesome breakfast recipes. I’ve probably made half of them already and plan to make the rest of the list very soon. I especially love the sweet potato oatmeal casserole and have made it for me and my husband about 5 times since you posted it. I can’t wait to try the buckwheat porridge now that I finally got my hands on some raw buckwheat. Kinda hard to find around here for some reason.
As far as what types of breakfasts I’d like to see on OSG, maybe more savory casserole type recipes would be great. I’ve loved all your sweet ones so far and I bet you could make an outstanding savory one. Just an idea :)

Natalie @fitjamericangirl.com January 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I see that we’re all on the same wave length here. I’m really trying to cut back on dairy but it’s hard to find a vegan savory breakfast dish that doesn’t involve eggs or cheese. SO Something like that would be appreciated :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012 at 3:19 pm

thanks everyone! great ideas

Adrienne J January 3, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I just made the pumpkin gingerbread smoothie for the first time this morning. So delicious!

Cassidy January 3, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Yes definitely more savoury!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm

so much deliciousness !!!

Moni'sMeals January 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Man! All of them look so good! Especially 4 and 14! Dishwear too.

I love all your recipes, so just keep them coming… no requests from me. :)

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine January 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I’d vote for a savory breakfast oatmeal of sorts! I already love your lunch version :)

Freja January 3, 2012 at 4:39 pm

More Gluten-Free Breakfast in 2012 please!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 3, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I hated stats in my second year of university! :P

It seems like a lot of commenters want more savoury breakfasts, but personally I love all your sweet ones. I have such a sweet tooth in the mornings!

Emily (Edible Psychology) January 3, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I am so glad you are doing these round-up/year review posts. I keep seeing things which I wanted to make when I saw them and then subsequently forgot about…

In terms of the stats, that is one thing I’m afraid we are very different on. I have always loved math, but stats have been a struggle for me since my very first encounter with them. I am still determined to fix this as it may always be a part of my work but since I have always managed to just scrape by with my stats, I have never taken the time to really go back to the basics. Was there a particular textbook you really liked for psychology stats, or do you think it was just the work you put in?

Anyway, please keep the Top 10 posts coming. I’m really enjoying them and have been doing some round-up type posts featuring links to your recipes on my blog (my blog is just a baby so there aren’t enough recipes to do any sort of fair top 10 lists of my own recipes).

~Emily~

~Emily~

Melissa S January 3, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I would love to see more green monster recipes, breakfast smoothies, or gluten free breakfasts! Thank you for your awesome recipes! :)

Jen January 3, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I think the parfait may be my favourite, it’s just so beautiful!

Ashley January 3, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I’d love to see a breakfast burrito. I’ve done tofu scramble in a tortilla that was pretty yummy. Back home we had this fast food place that did potato and egg breakfast burrito and it was topped with queso and spicy salsa verde. Amazing! I’d love to see this veganized! Just an idea. :)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit January 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I loved those strawberry pancakes but I think my ultimate favorite breakfast recipe of yours was the baked oatmeal. My gosh, I’ve probably made it at least 20 times since you posted it. Recipes for this year… I’m with a couple of others – savory. I’m so bad at making savory breakfasts and always go for the sweet variety.

suzanne January 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

So many great recipes…so little time! I must try this sweet potato casserole – it looks amazing. I also want to try more of the VOO (have loved what I have tried)- I have been so addicted to green monsters that I can’t seem to pull away and make VOO. Also have some weird mindset thing about having green monster (lots of veggies – no grains) and replacing with something with less veggies and more grains. Crazy I know – this cold weather may cure that though since VOO can be served warm :-)

Sadie January 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I love your overnight oat parfait recipes. Whenever I make them I change small things (the flavor of banana “ice cream”, etc” and they always turn out so yummy!

Cassie January 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Your pancake recipe for the peanut butter swirl pancakes actually became the staple pancake recipe for my household :) I was so happy to try a healthy pancake recipe on my family–and for them to love it!! We don’t normally do the peanut swirl, but I just want to say thank you for it! Happy new year! <3

Keri January 3, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Really want to try to re-create the Glowing Sunshine Juice…but my juicer is broken :( However, in the meantime, so many of these recipes look awesome! Also, in #4 Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits, are those old Cascadian farm jelly/jam jars? What a good idea :)

Judy January 3, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Happy New Year Angela!
I love your Green Monsters and VOO. I would love to see more recipes that can be made in advance. That helps give me some extra time in the morning.

Bethany :0) January 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I looooove oats, but I’m looking to diversify. I’ve gotten stuck on oats of all varieties and brown rice farina. Maybe something quick, delicious, filling, gluten free (if possible), and oat free to boot? ;0) There’s a challenge!

Heather @ dragonflygirlruns January 3, 2012 at 9:25 pm

My all time favorite… so far… is the overnight oats. Not sure if I can do the Green Monster (can’t have spinach!), next will be the pancakes….. love pancakes!!

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts January 3, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I think there are a lot of recipes in this round up that I’d be happy to have at any time of day :) Which is a sign of a good breakfast I think!

Also, I’m always up for stats, so feel free to intertwine them with your posts for your geekier readers :P

Kathleen January 3, 2012 at 9:51 pm

In the winter, I like a warm breakfast waiting for me in the morning. Perhaps you can come up with some slow cooker breakfasts? Thanks!

K January 3, 2012 at 10:14 pm

LOve green monsters of course! :) Would like to see more weekend breakfasts ideas, other than pancakes… perhaps something that can be baked? Brunch items even?

Thanks!

Cindra January 3, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I am a photographer as well and I have to say….its not just the beautiful, clear pics, but very nice composition Angela. It has my mouth watering every time. I loved this breakfast reminder list! Keep up the great work!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2012 at 9:37 am

Thank you! What a lovely compliment :)

Amy January 3, 2012 at 11:41 pm

It always amazes me how yummy your overnight oats look! I wish I had the patience to make mine look pretty! :P

Ally Chick January 3, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Perhaps some vegan waffles, mmm yum! With stewed rhubard and some kind of vegan cream… And what about something like a potato rosti with savoury mushrooms and spinach. I just ate, but my stomach is getting excited thinking about food :)

Burnsy January 4, 2012 at 12:23 am

I stopped to look at the strawberry shortcake pancakes and thought that was THE ONE for me but then I got sucked into every single breakfast on your list! I LOVE having breakfasts like this for lunch since I can’t live without my shake in the morning. Looks like I have several lunch meals planned out for awhile. I can’t wait!

Leia January 4, 2012 at 4:37 am

I loved your carrot cake oatmeal too! I want to make it again!

Ashley January 4, 2012 at 5:44 am

Hi Angela,
Love these recipes!! In answer to your question…
I would love to see more recipes that are oil-free. I am trying out the Engine 2 diet (aka the Health Starts Here challenge at Whole Foods). There seem to be some remarkable benefits to cutting out oil (and even earth balance) and I would love to see some tasty recipes that have substitutions! =)

Nadiya January 4, 2012 at 7:00 am

I love how people always make the excuse of not having breakfast because they didn’t have time. Your recipe however, like the muffins and some of the porridges could easily be consumed over the period of a few days so you don’t even need to cook in the mornings. Also, the smoothies will take seconds to make as long as you have all of the ingredients prepped beforehand.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 4, 2012 at 7:38 am

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! All the recipes look wonderful!! Your photos are gorgeous!

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 4, 2012 at 7:39 am

Breakfast is my favorite time of day…especially with one of your recipes!

LizAshlee January 4, 2012 at 8:04 am

I don’t know how you choose the top recipes bc ALL your recipes are amazing…I would take each one of these…they all look SO good!!

Rae January 4, 2012 at 10:01 am

Hi Angela. Thank you so much for this!!! My husband is deployed right now, so I thought to myself, this is the perfect time to get eating healthier and to change my ways, since 70% of the Abs are made in the kitchen. And I myself never really had good ideas what to cook anyways. I’m not a vegetarian nor a vegan. But to get healthier and better, I “veganize” at least 5 meals a week. Your website is helping me out A LOT and they all look soooo fantastic. I can’t wait for tomorrow to try one of your breakfast ideas. Thank you again! You are inspiring!

Kathleen January 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!! I’d love to see more breakfast recipes — those are my favorite. :)

Ashley January 5, 2012 at 9:13 am

So many delicious breakfasts! I still need to try the buckwheat porridge.

Kate January 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I just realized you are a sweet morning person, rather than a savory :)

carri January 6, 2012 at 1:37 am

gluten free PANCAKES!

Erin Harris January 6, 2012 at 9:27 am

Love your recipes! Can’t get enough of them! I would love to see some whole grain muffin recipes in the future:)

Lia January 8, 2012 at 9:37 am

I love love love your numerous oatmeal recipes! You’ve finally helped me to get my boyfriend to actually enjoy a bowl of healthy oatmeal (I made a banana bread oatmeal, using various ideas and suggestions of yours). Thanks for your awesomeness!

Rachel January 26, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Have been making your Green Monster Smoothies and they are delicious and so easy! My favorite nut butter is Justin’s. They have amazing flavors. I just found a chocolate hazelnut flavor that tastes just like Nutella! Tastes great in the smoothie and is vegan/dairy/gluten free.

Monika May 7, 2012 at 9:30 am

All these look so yummy! Thank you for sharing!

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen August 11, 2012 at 11:31 am

I LOVE breakfast, and I’m a huge fan of your site. I recently started eating a more Paleo diet, but also vegan on some days.

Motherbarbarian September 17, 2012 at 10:29 pm

My daughter has been scouring your posts this evening and has turned into a rabid fan. She says you are a goddess among foodies! The best news for me is that she is going to try out a new recipe a day. Yeah! Thank you for the lovely inspiration.

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Aw thank you! Enjoy :)

Ganga October 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Everything looks delicious, will try a few.
Where did you buy the wooden spoon in the ‘Comforting Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal’ photo?
Thanks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 15, 2012 at 7:10 am

I think it was from Urban Outfitters in 2010 :)

marybeth October 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm

hello! thank you for these amazing recipes, i love your blog, i make at least one recipe a week from your pages. in fact, i made the peanut butter swirl pancakes with my boyfriend when we were visiting his family, and it was a HUGE hit!! a technical question for you, i am new to blogging myself, and i would love to repost this recipe on my page (credited to you of course, but with our pictures and twists, read: adding chocolate chips), but i don’t want to break any etiquette rules. may i re-blog it?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

For sure, generally if you change a recipe it’s free for posting your own adaptations (at least in my eyes) with a link back to the original. Glad you enjoyed the pancakes!

Laguna December 7, 2012 at 7:53 am

I just made strawberry pancakes for breakfast!My boyfriend and my friend adored them!And of course me too… I am not a sweet lover for breakfast but these pancakes were really talking to me: bake me, eat me…. :)
I love your recipes!

Violet Koncz January 16, 2013 at 8:03 pm

These recipes look AMAZING! I can’t wait to try them myself :D Do you do your own photography as well? They are very well done!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2013 at 9:02 am

Thank you, yes I do. It’s a learning process!

Anita Reid February 22, 2013 at 8:20 am

Hi,

I’m looking for ways to lose 70lbs, can you help? Thanks!!!!

Jennifer March 4, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Girl…you just made going vegan easy! Wow that sweet potato oatmeal is amazing!!!!!

Wendy April 25, 2013 at 10:42 am

I am so happy I found this site. I have been looking for some new vegan recipes to try. These look so good.

Pat Volk April 27, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Why on earth is there an advertisement on your site for eggs?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 28, 2013 at 11:35 am

Hi Pat, I strive to keep all the ads vegan on the site (and will remove any that are not vegan), however I can’t see the ads running in some parts of the world like the US and other countries. Thanks for letting me know about the ad, I will look for it and remove it shortly.

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today May 7, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Thank you for sharing this post. So many great ideas.

Shanna July 23, 2013 at 9:07 am

Would you be willing to make apple cinnamon swirl pancakes? Instead of the peanut butter swirl. Some type of apple cinnamon swirl….? A vegan version of that would be pretty great. My vegan self and my non vegan boyfriend would like those :) :D

Sylvia October 30, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I just found your blog. OMG!!!! I couldn’t pull myself away. My husband and I recently went vegan and I’ve been experimenting with different recipes and am actually enjoying being in the kitchen again. I’ve printed off a number of yours and can’t wait to try them at home. This page is now bookmarked! Thank you for sharing these wonderful recipes!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 30, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Hey Sylvia, Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m so happy you enjoy the blog :)

Princess-Leisa White February 22, 2014 at 2:51 am

I would just like to tell you that you are SO appreciated and to please never stop doing what you love. You are so inspiring to so many individuals around the world including myself. I can feel your passion through your story and photos. I just want to thank you! It’s individuals like yourself that make a great difference, touching the hearts, souls, and lives around the world. Your passion and hard work does not go in vain.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 22, 2014 at 9:36 am

Thank you so much for your lovely note – I appreciate you so much!

Sarah June 17, 2014 at 10:16 am

Both the berry muffins and the sweet potato casserole are amazing! Made them last night. Highly recommend both of these recipes for toddlers and adults.

Elliot Kneba March 1, 2015 at 6:14 am

I used your peanut butter swirl pancake batter to make plain pancakes for my fiance this morning. She is American and we both live in the UK. Her comment: “They taste so much like home. I could cry.” Mission accomplished!

Catherine March 1, 2015 at 10:52 pm

How can I get these breakfast recipes?