Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

IMG 49291   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 5653   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 20101116IMG 0556   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 56531   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 9104 2   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 2628   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 2210   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 5307   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011 IMG 1315   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

Happy New Year! Are you eager, worn out, hung-over, excited, or ready for summer?

Maybe, you’re cold and looking to warm up with a soothing bowl of soup? Or maybe you’re fighting off a bit of a cold from the holiday excitement?

Yes to all of the above.

Here are the top 10 soup recipes of the year according to you. I’ll rank the soups below and then tell you my personal favourites at the end. I also suggest serving the soup with warm & crispy cornbread or cheezy garlic bread.

Let’s get warm/healthy/energized…!

4.Broccoli and Cheeze Soup

IMG 56532   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

3. Mushroom Millet Soup with Cheezy Garlic Bread

IMG 4015   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

2. Holiday Soup for the Soul

20101116IMG 05561   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

1. Creamy Roasted Tomato, Garlic, and Onion Soup!

IMG 22101   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

[and this how to roast garlic post was popular too!]

IMG 2180 2   Top 10 Soup Recipes of 2011

My favourite soups just so happen to be the top 4 soups plus the carrot soup! Oh how I adore the carrot soup. And the red lentil and squash stew is high up there on my list too. What about you?

Other Best of 2011 posts:

Top 5 salads of 2011

Top 12 entrees of 2011

Monique January 2, 2012

Happy New Year Angela!! I absolutely adore your blog. It’s so colourful and friendly and full of simple, healthy recipes. Thank you very much for your creativity and generosity. I hope this new year is full of unprecedented blessings for you and yours.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 2, 2012

Thank you Monique! All the best to you in 2012 :)

Christina January 2, 2012

Thanks for doing these lists! it’s so easy to forget about all the great recipes you post all year long. We just had Holiday Soup for the Soul with brown rice instead of quinoa and no canned tomatoes (just not a fan of canned tomatoes). Wowww! The curry and saffron really make the dish. Great soup!

Hannah January 2, 2012

I’m sure that my visiting the red lentil and squash curry stew contributed to its popularity in 2011 – I swear I made it at least once a week. It is my absolute favorite and I’m sure at least half of the hits come from me or people I’ve recommended it to!

laura January 2, 2012

YUM, soup warms the soul. :)

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva January 2, 2012

love the carrot apple ginger soup….so yum. But seeing as it’s summer here I might try it gazpacho style….will see how it turns out :)

Andrea January 2, 2012

Yum! The curried lentil soup looks delicious. And now I’m craving roasted garlic! :-)

Alisha @ Pink Spatulas January 2, 2012

I made one of your chocolate cupcake recipes today and they were the best vegan cupcakes I’ve made to date. Now I need to make one of your soups to balance out the sugar…. :)

I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2012!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012

I made them yesterday too! I always forget how much I love them. So fluffy!

Kathy D January 2, 2012

Each time I come to your site, I am going to leave a comment and never seem to do so. I visit you regularly and I would have to say it is my favorite blog. I made two of your soups today. Had I had more time I probably would have made a third one!! The Holiday Soup for the Soul we had for dinner tonight and it was fabulous. Next time: double batch! I also made the Carrot Apple Ginger soup which we will have with a big salad for dinner tomorrow night. It too is delicious!! (I probably ate a bowls worth while sampling!)

I just want to thank you for all your efforts and for all the information you share. I also do a blog, which by now means compares to yours, and I appreciate the time that is involved to blog. You do a fantastic job.

I am a relatively new vegan – about a year and a half – so I am always looking for recipes. I have made many of yours. One of my most favorites is your Overnight Oats – that one is brilliant!

On my blog today I wrote about your blog and your soups. I hope my readers all come visit you. They will be so happy they did!

Thanks again for all you do.

Kathy D

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012

hank you Kathy that means so much to me! The soups look great on your blog by the way. :) Enjoy!

Emily @ LivingLongfellow January 2, 2012

My favorite has got to be the broccoli and cheeze. :)

emily v January 2, 2012

Hi Angela – I have a strong tomatoe allergy. Any ideas on substituting canned tomatoes in some of these wonderful recipes? The holiday soup in particular has my taste buds in a frenzy. Thank you for your wonderful gifts of fantastic, beautiful, alkalizing vegan foods!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Hi Emily! Sorry for the delay in reply.
I don’t know of a substitute, but I do recall seeing a tomato free pasta sauce recipe in the vegan cookbook call Blissful Bites. Maybe you could check that out and see how they did it? I think I recall they used squash and carrots in addition to a bunch of seasonings, vinegar, etc.

Nour January 2, 2012

That tortilla soup looks amazing. I had something similar at PickleBarrel and I’m really excited to try your tortilla soup recipe. Nom nom

Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog January 3, 2012

Perfect timing with this COLD snowmageddon!

stella ~ shiny yoga* January 3, 2012

LOVING yr top 10 posts x

Jen January 3, 2012

I must say I’ve never been too convinced that I could ever become a vegan or vegetarian until I started reading your blog, you truly cook the most amazing recipes, thank you for the inspiration!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2012

Thank you Jen!

marla January 3, 2012

Hi Angela! Happy new year!! You are always the best place to visit for healthy recipes any time of year. Love the soups :) xo

LizAshlee January 3, 2012

I am looking forward to many more delicious & creative recipes in 2012!! The more simple the better too!! :)

misty January 3, 2012

Agreed!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 3, 2012

While shopping at Whole Foods yesterday, I strolled down the soup aisle and told my husband to pick a few out. Then I stopped myself and said “nevermind- we will MAKE soup.” I don’t know why I ever buy canned soup- it’s so easy to throw a few things in a crockpot and let it go!
I immediately clicked on the husband healing soup- it looks so beautiful! I have most of the ingredients- including some frozen edamame that I bought yesterday. Yes!

VeggieGirl January 3, 2012

I made the soup you did with zucchini, grabanzos, sweet potato and quinoa the other day – dont remember what it is called, but it was delicious! And a great way to use up all the veggies I had sitting in the fridge and it was only ONE pot so less clean up :)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh January 3, 2012

Very ready to start making homemade soups for lunches so these are much appreciated!

Suzanne January 3, 2012

OH WOW!

Thank you for sharing!

tonya January 3, 2012

I made the roasted tomato garlic and onion soup last year. I have a big ol squash in my fridge that needs to be dealt with so I will probably make the curry stew with it. I have a bunch of french lentils in my cabinet. Are they a good sub for the red ones in these recipes?

Misty January 3, 2012

Making the creamy tomato soup as I type! Can’t wait to have it! But siding it with fry bread, (but made with 1/2 whole wheat flour, flax and soy milk)

Caroline January 3, 2012

I currently have the curried lental soup on the stove. It’s about 15 minutes from being done and I can hardly wait it smells absolutely delicious. Perfect for getting me out of my cranky, rainy day(year) funk here in Prince Rupert. Lunch, here we come!!!

misty January 3, 2012

Oh I am glowing, that tomato soup was sooooo good! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie January 4, 2012

I can’t wait to try the mushroom soup!! Thanks for this post-I’ve been craving soups!

Lindsay - Peas.Love.Balance. January 4, 2012

I made the Broccoli and Cheeze soup last night for dinner (got a rave review from my husband!) and then brought the leftovers in for lunch, my ENTIRE faculty room now has your website after tons of comments about how good it looked! I’ve been following your blog for a while, I love it!! I’ve made so many of your recipes and they have all been amazing, thank you!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2012

hah that’s great! Hi Lindsay’s faculty room!! ;)

Lizzy January 6, 2012

I was inspired to make the roasted tomato/garlic/onion soup a couple of nights ago! I had a bit of a hard time reading the recipe on my tiny phone screen in the grocery store, so I accidentally used almost the entire 5 lbs of tomatoes in the soup… and we were out of tomato paste and garam masala, so I improvised with a few tablespoons of a red curry paste my roommate had in the fridge, which tasted amazing with the coconut milk, and some paprika and chile powder. It ended up being a far different, more tomato-y animal than the original recipe, and made maybe 8 cups of leftovers with that many tomatoes, but delicious nonetheless!

NoTrustFund January 12, 2012

I made the Holiday Soup for the Soul this week and had it for lunches all week at work. It was delicious. We’re making the curry red lentil stew tonight for dinner. Thanks for all the great recipes and helping us get our year off to a healthy start!

Page 2 of 2«12