Vegan Recipe Link Love: Nov 16

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on November 16, 2011

VEGANrecipelinklove

Good morning :)

Lately, I’ve had a few requests on Facebook for another Vegan Recipe Link Love post and I thought it was the perfect mid-week break from my own recipes. Aka: I’m in the thick of my cookbook proposal writing right now, so this round-up couldn’t come at a better time!

Enjoy these vegan recipes from around the web…

Apple Pie Cheesecake from Manifest Vegan

apple-pie-cheesecake-1

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sherry-Mustard Vinaigrette from What Would Cathy Eat:

untitled-81711

Fall Harvest Fruit Crisp from Family Fresh Cooking:

Fall-Harvest-Fruit-Crisp-IMG_54021

Vegan and Gluten-Free Lemon Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches from The G-Spot.

lemon cookies stacked close

Sweet Dumpling Squash stuffed with Lemon-Herb Rice from Fat Free Kitchen Blog.

rice-stuffed-squash

Roasted Garlic and Root Veggie Soup from Not Your Parents Granola:

Roasted Root Veggie Soup

Tunisian Vegetable Ragout with Quinoa from Taste the Space:

dsc_4139

Raw Cinnamon Cashew Spread & a Smoothie from We Heart Vegan:

img_3915

Why thank you, I’ll take one of each please.

How many hours until lunch?

Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 16, 2011 at 9:29 am

Spa Bettie is on a personal mission to make me fat. I’m sure of it. Her recipes are so dang delightful!!!

Amanda November 16, 2011 at 9:30 am

Oh man, lunch cannot come soon enough! These all look incredible. I have my eyes on that apple pie cheesecake and sesame soba noodles. Yum!

Good luck with your book proposal! I cannot wait until you have a cookbook available for purchase. :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 16, 2011 at 9:33 am

I absolutely love these round ups! From experience I can tell you those Raw Cashew Lemon Drops from Healthful Pursuit are delicious. :)

Can’t wait to try out some of these others!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

Oooh great.. I just had breakfast, and now I’m hungry all over again!!! These sound absolutely fabulous – I love your recipe link love posts!! Roasted Brussels sprouts make my heart sing, so I’m heading over to check those ones out now! Have a great day Ange and good luck with the proposal writing!

Desi @ The Palate Peacemaker November 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

I’m loving the raw truffle/drop/dough ball recipes on this link love page today! And the nut butter! That cinnamon cashew makes me wonder who made it and why I am not at their house right now. I’m on a nut butter making AND raw truffle making frenzy myself – just made marzipan almond butter (check it out, if you want! http://thepalatepeacemaker.com/2011/11/07/marzipan-almond-butter/), and I’m about to post a recipe for raw spice cake truffles! :) Thanks, Angela!

Kate November 16, 2011 at 9:35 am

I just bookmarked this page I want to try every single one of these recipes!

Kate November 16, 2011 at 9:37 am

That cheesecake looks phenomenal!!

Saw this silly video, thought you might get a laugh out of it:

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm

The video didnt work for me, my internet is too slow I think :(

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit November 16, 2011 at 9:38 am

Those pistachio bars look awesome! Thanks for listing one of my recipes, Angela :) I haven’t had those drops in ages. Good luck with your proposal, can’t wait for the cookbook!

Veggie V! @Veggie V's Vegan Adventure November 16, 2011 at 9:39 am

I love Forks and Beans. Her stuff is so creative! And those lemon cookies look delish! Thanks for sharing. I’m always looking for new recipes and blogs to check out.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 16, 2011 at 9:40 am

Love all these links! Thanks for putting them up!

Abby November 16, 2011 at 9:40 am

I will take an order of the vegan sushi and eggplant lasagna for lunch and dinner and anything from SpaBettie for dessert (and a visit from her Basil.)

Do you deliver?

Cait's Plate November 16, 2011 at 9:47 am

I LOVE these posts. Those banana muffins look AWESOME!

Haley S November 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

thanks for these! not only do they ALL look delicious but they open me up to other blogs….

jess @ cupcakes and kale November 16, 2011 at 9:52 am

what a gorgeous round-up angela! it’s great to see some familiar recipes from blogs that i love and to also be introduced to a few new ones too! it’s such a lovely thing to see SO many amazing vegan blogs out there :D

happy writing!

[email protected] KatieDid November 16, 2011 at 9:58 am

i want them allll yum!! Some gorgeous photos in the roundup.

Sara Grambusch November 16, 2011 at 10:02 am

A link love?! It’s been a while. :D

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan November 16, 2011 at 10:06 am

I really enjoy these linkie posts. I’d like the sesame soba noodle salad and a cacao ball, please!

char @ char on a mission November 16, 2011 at 10:06 am

Good!! I needed some new ideas. You’re right these all DO look yummy!

janet @ the taste space November 16, 2011 at 10:08 am

What a glorious fall round-up! Thanks for including me on such a delicious menu. :)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh November 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

These look delicious. Thanks for spreading the love!

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 16, 2011 at 10:26 am

delicious!! i love these recipe roundups you do… so many fantastic ideas! i’m drooling over that apple cheesecake :)

lauren @ spiced plate November 16, 2011 at 10:28 am

Oh, how I love your link round ups! So glad you’re bringing it back — are you taking submissions, too?
Now I have a whole bunch of Thanksgiving meal ideas!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Hey Lauren,
I will hold off on submissions right now, but I might put a request out for holiday recipes soon! :) I think that would be fun.

Jackie @ That Deep Breath November 16, 2011 at 10:30 am

Wow these look fantastic! I’m not even vegan and I’m drooling over these recipes!!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe November 16, 2011 at 10:31 am

Yay! This is a great collection of fall-friendly recipes. Thanks for featuring my pistachio bars too!

Ashley November 16, 2011 at 10:35 am

Delicious! I’ve been in a food rut lately, and I think the Brussels sprouts recipe is definitely worth making tonight! I’ve never had Brussels sprouts.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 16, 2011 at 11:18 am

I think I’m going to make them this week too!

Hannah November 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

Hmm those chocolate acorns look good! And the cashew spread, too. Thank God for thanksgiving break next week so I can cook a bunch of yummy food to make up for the sad dining hall selections in college.

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes November 16, 2011 at 10:41 am

How incredible! There’s so many to choose from and ALL look so amazing and delicious. Thank you for the ideas!

Christine @ The Brighter Side of Life November 16, 2011 at 10:42 am

So excited! These look fantastic. The challenge now is… where to start?!

Carolina November 16, 2011 at 11:05 am

Oh yum yum!!!! I make the “raw balls” from alicia silverstone’s book…they’re amazing! I make them like every two weeks, my sister (who’s not vegan) keeps asking for them lol.
Angela could you tell me how I can get to your old posts? I know how to get to the recipes, but is there a specific place to see all of your posts, including those not related to food? I’ve been looking all around and can’t seem to find them. I’m curious to see the “embarrassing” posts you talk about from the first year…

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 16, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hey Carolina!
The best way to navigate is my Archives drop down menu on my right side bar :) You can browse by month and all the posts come up, tiled, with a thumbnail photo.

Carolina November 16, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Ahhh! Now I see, thank you :) I’ve been looking for this forever lol

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 16, 2011 at 2:24 pm

it’s VERY easy to miss!

Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com November 16, 2011 at 11:09 am

Yum! I wish this post was a restaurant menu so I could just order all these up! :)

Good luck with the proposal…I’m sure you’ll knock it out of the park!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} November 16, 2011 at 11:09 am

Great round up! I’m definitely hungry now. :-)

tweal November 16, 2011 at 11:16 am

Yummy! Thanks for sharing. That bread eggplant lasagna looks really interesting. So do the acorns. And yes, I’m pretty hungry for lunch now too :)

Monica November 16, 2011 at 11:23 am

Great roundup. I can’t wait to try them, of course they won’t be as good as your recipes.

Dani @ Body By Nature November 16, 2011 at 11:24 am

Thanks for the link love Ang!

VeggieGirl November 16, 2011 at 11:28 am

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 16, 2011 at 11:38 am

Ummmm…WOW is all I have to say! A Full post of Delicious Eats?! I think this doesn’t suck :)

Have a great day Doll!!

xxoo

Ricki November 16, 2011 at 11:40 am

Love these roundups. Another great set of recipes, all of which I’d love to try. And good luck with the proposal writing (you will no doubt knock ’em dead!). :)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 16, 2011 at 11:44 am

Great post! I am looking at allll these links now! Haha :)

Shannon November 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I’ve never tried making my own sushi, but I really need to make that leap. There is no where near enough sweet potato sushi in my life.

Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) November 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thank you for sharing! I NEED that apple pie cheesecake!

[email protected] November 16, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Great roundup, everything looks delectable. Good luck with the proposal!

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy November 16, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Oh i am so glad you did another one of these! All these recipes look delicious!!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove November 16, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I don’t know what to try first – the Apple Pie Cheesecake or the veggie barley stew!

Jerry | Quest Organic November 16, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I looked at the recipe for the vegan sushi and was disappointed with one missing ingredient. I’ve found through many years of making vegan sushi that avocado is a great substitute for fish. It has the right texture and fatty acids to fill up the roll. Sesame adds great flavor too. And finally I would recommend putting in “umeboshi”, which is a type of Japanese pickled plum.

Stacy @ Say it with Sprinkles November 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm

So many amazing recipes I have to try now! Guess I’ll be spending even more time in the kitchen than usual for awhile, haha!

Kit-Kat November 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Oh my gawsh!
You are a saint! I so want to have these foods!!! The “cheesecake” looks amazing.
I found your blog just the other day, by the way, and I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to be blog friends with you! I love your blog! I know you get tons of comments, but I just want to let you know that I HEART HEART HEART your blog, and your pictures are amazing!
Kit-Kat (Katie)

Amber K November 16, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Drool….Seriously. Your posts always make me wish it was snack-time.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Angela thank you so much for featuring my rosemary chipotle almonds…I am touched! Thank you!

I remember your Vegan Linky Love posts from last spring and summer…feels like ages ago since then. And now, I am off to click open about 10 links. Everything you select has me wanting to try it out!

And best of luck with your proposal!!!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Thanks Averie…I can’t believe how quickly time is passing too. It’s like once summer arrives each month goes by faster until Jan 1!

marla November 16, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Angela, I can’t wait to hear more about your book proposal. Very exciting! This is a wonderful round up. I want each & every one. Especially those pistachio bars. Thanks for sharing my recipes on your awesome blog :) xo

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Thanks Marla! Let’s chat soon…it’s been too long my dear!

laura November 16, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I want to try all of these! Lovin the fall themed foods

Moni'sMeals November 16, 2011 at 2:34 pm

One of each is right! Wow. I am so overwhlemed in a good way now. :)

Caroline @ The G-Spot November 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Angela, thank you so much for including me in your Recipe Link Love! I am honored to be included amongst such a wonderful group of bloggers (and, of course, their yummy recipes). Have a beautiful day! :)

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca November 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Yuumm, I’ll take one of each, too, please!

Are you still going to be doing these posts, Angela? Can I send you one of mine? :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I might do a holiday themed one, so I will likely put a call out for recipes sometime in dec.

Alexandria Lewis November 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm

This is terrific!! Thanks a bunch :-) I will be trying many of these.

Dana November 16, 2011 at 3:08 pm

What a great idea!! I might give some link-love myself by way of a post :) PS I’ve made those brussels sprouts and they ARE delicious!

Ali Mc November 16, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I just LOVE the look of that apple cheesecake ……yum. I only ever visit just for the food. Now if only we lived closer then you could treat me to dinner :)

Kate November 16, 2011 at 3:21 pm

These look incredible. But…can we expect your perfected pumpkin pie recipie before the week is out?!

B Simply Healthy November 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm

So many delicious recipes to choose from!! Thank you posting all of these!

hannah alehandra November 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Oh my, the raw pistachio bar recipe looks incredible! Thanks Angela for some great links! Kiss from England.xo http://hannahalehandra.blogspot.com/

Angela @ MyPinkyToes November 16, 2011 at 5:19 pm

These photos are making me drool! That Chai Spiked Pumpkin Shake looks and sounds to die for! I’m heading over there right now!

Rachel November 16, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Wow. All these look so great… especially the two soba recipes. I absolutely love soba!

Heather @ Bake, Run, Live November 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Angela,

I’m new to blogging, but love the idea of posting links and pictures to other bloggers (especially with all this wonderful holiday baking/cooking). Do you get their permission to post the picture, or is it ok to post because you are including the link to their site? Thank you for your help. And good luck with the cookbook proposal!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life November 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm

That Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal looks so good! And I’ve been meaning to try ‘boatmeal’ for so long now…mm…

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life November 16, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Thank you so much for featuring my banana muffins, girlie! They sure were tasty! ;) Everything else looks sooooo delicious! I can’t decide what to make first….

Marian November 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I just LOVE the link love! Although I do get overwhelmed because I want to search all the blogs and make all the recipes! but I very LOVE it!

Katrina November 16, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Everything sounds so yummy!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco November 16, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I say we have a potluck. Everyone make one of these and bring it to my house, okay? It’ll be fun!

[email protected] November 16, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I must admit I am very ignorant when it comes to vegan food in general. This is a great snapshot for people like me who think its just lettuce and an apple ;)

TC November 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I’m so hungry now. :) The power of pictures. Those ice cream cookies, oooh they look so good.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 16, 2011 at 10:17 pm

These all look great! I’m really intrigued by the eggplant and bread lasagna. I wonder if I could make a single serving version of it? I think I’ll have to try it out!

Cathy @ What Would Cathy Eat? November 16, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Thanks for featuring my brussels sprouts, Angela! I can’t wait to try all the other great recipes here – especially the apple baked oatmeal and the banana muffins!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 17, 2011 at 12:34 am

Thanksgiving food MAGIC

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 17, 2011 at 7:19 am

I love you Love Links! Everything looks good! i can’t wait to explore new blogs! Have a great day!!!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! November 17, 2011 at 7:23 am

Everything looks so delicious and unique!!

Molly @ RDexposed November 17, 2011 at 8:19 am

Is it sad that the one recipe/picture that made me say under my breath: Oh God, was the Brussels sprouts?

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm

in a good way?

LizAshlee November 17, 2011 at 9:04 am

Thanks for sharing all these amazing links!! I LUV Link LOVE!! :)

Gena November 17, 2011 at 9:15 am

What a fantastic recipe round up!!! I’m especially psyched to see that Lolo (Vegan Yum Yum) is posting again. Off to read more…

jb November 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Ahh, it all looks so good, it’s almost too much to process! This has definitely lengthened my “to make” list significantly!

With Style and Grace November 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm

yeah, I’ve practically bookmarked half of them. great selection my dear and good luck with that proposal – CANNOT wait for your future book!

Karlee @olivewineandfood November 17, 2011 at 7:14 pm

all of these look so good, thanks for sharing!

Jonathan November 18, 2011 at 1:57 am

I can see why there’s been demand for you to do this again. Such a wonderful way to extend the food-appreciative and body-honoring community.

Simple_recipes November 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm

A lot of good food. Roasted russel sprouts are the best. I love those.

Joy November 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

Love these links and LOVE your site! Best of luck on your cookbook, I want one! Thanks for the lovely posts!

Cara November 19, 2011 at 11:00 am

Thank you so much, Angela, for featuring the Acorns! So appreciated! xoxo, Cara

Marla Sikes November 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

please sign me up for blog email notifications!