Last Minute Vegan Thanksgiving Ideas

20101002IMG_4115_thumb

If you’re like me, you tend to leave some things to the last minute.

My dreaded tasks include:

• Getting the oil in my car changed. I loathe going to the car shop. It’s one of my all-time least enjoyed errands.
  • Renewing my passport. My passport has been expired for a few months now and I’ve been meaning to renew it! We’re also planning a visit to the states soon, so I really need to get my butt in gear or Eric said he’s leaving me behind.
  • Getting my hair cut. I often leave it until I absolutely cannot stand my split-ended hair for another second. I call the salon and try to get an appointment that same day. Usually doesn’t work. I got my hair cut last night and I always say, “Why did I leave it so long, I feel great!!!” On an unrelated note, my stylist wants to give me a long bob for a hair cut. Sort of like Jennifer Anniston’s new bob, but a bit longer. What do you think? I’m scared.
  • Changing my name. I still have yet to change my name on my Driver’s License! It’s been 3 years since we got married…time flies?
  • Meal planning. As you may recall, I’m not a meal planner. Thinking about planning a week’s worth of meals makes my skin crawl. It really does.

Now that my skeletons are out of the closet, I’ve put together this last minute post for those of us who may need a glimmer of hope on the weekend of our Canadian Thanksgiving.

Repeat after me: You can do it!!

Deep breaths.

For an appetizer, why not make soup to warm everyone up? I especially love this Carrot Apple Ginger Soup:

IMG_5316

or the Holiday Soup for the Soul was a big hit too.

20101116IMG_0565_thumb

For a vegan (and gluten-free if you’d like) entrée, why not try the Ultimate Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf?

IMG_8055_thumb

This is by far one of my favourite recipes on the blog and I’ve yet to meet someone who didn’t love it. After several trials, I finally made a version that held together and didn’t crumble apart. This loaf is adapted from the Clean Food Cookbook and The Vegan Table Cookbook.

For a side, why not try the delicious High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes (with a secret ingredient!)

20100908IMG_2684_thumb

I believe my mom said she liked these mashed potatoes better than her own!

This Ain’t Grandma’s Sweet Potato Casserole. This is one of my all-time favourite ‘veganized’ recipes! No heavy cream required.

20101002IMG_4262_thumb

Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream

20101001IMG_3969_thumb

This recipe goes down as one of the most popular and well-reviewed on the blog! You guys sure love your pumpkin gingerbread.

Pumpkin Pie Brownie– another crowd pleaser.

20101002IMG_4091_thumb

Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts. The perfect mini finger food and very easy to make.

IMG_0619_thumb

Looking for a hostess gift? Why not give a jar of homemade Pumpkin Butter. It’s quick and easy. Just be sure to keep the lid ajar while it cooks down.

20101005IMG_9034_thumb1

Looking for décor inspiration? Check out my Thanksgiving dinner décor on a budget from last year.

20101002IMG_4047_thumb

Have a fun & safe Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!

I’m off to make a Green Monster, workout, shower and pack. Sketchie is already waiting by the door in his cat bag (he loves car rides and visits to see his kitty friends).

1 Karlee @olivewineandfood October 8, 2011

yay i’m glad you posted this before thanksgiving so i can try some of these recipes out before! thanks

2 Julie @ Shining From Within October 8, 2011

Enjoy!!! All this yummy food makes me wish it were Thanksgiving in the States!

3 Kate October 8, 2011

Happy thanksgiving im making those donuts asap!

4 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 8, 2011

Happy thanksgiving to you!! Hope you have an awesome day. All of that food is making me wish thanksgiving was happening in the USA right now :)

5 Felicia (Natural + Balanced) October 8, 2011

im making your pumpkin butter next week! happy thanksgiving :)

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 8, 2011

YES to all these recipes!!! I think I’m going to try making that lentil walnut loaf myself. It’ll be turkey with the fam this weekend but I like to eat Thanksgiving foods all month! :) Happy Thanksgiving Ange!

7 Krissy October 8, 2011

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Love! I hope we can get together soon!! xo

8 cathy October 8, 2011

happy thanksgiving weekend to both you and eric, angela!
this sunshine and the temp are just amazing, eh?! we sure lucked out for a gorgeous long weekend! safe travels!

9 Jenny October 8, 2011

And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and Eric, as well!

I’ve heard that it’s quite nice in Ontario at the moment… I hope the weather helps make your weekend even better. Have a great one!

(I’m in charge of dessert for my family’s Thanksgiving dinner this weekend. Super pumped to finally make your pumpkin pie brownies! :))

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2011

yes it’s literally gorgeous outside this week!

11 Maria October 8, 2011

So many wonderful recipes! I have made your Pumpkin spiced gingerbread many a time and I love it so much!

12 Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner October 8, 2011

I want to make that homemade pumpkin butter!! Enjoy the holiday :)

13 Jenny @ Simply Be...me October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! I still haven’t decided what to make yet but these awesome great ideas. And best of all they all seem easy enough for the husband to make :) I’m running my first half marathon tomorrow and doubt I’ll have the energy to cook or bake on Monday. Have a great weekend!

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2011

goodluck with your half!

15 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 8, 2011

I’m the same way about my hair! I only ever get it cut when I go home to visit my mom and she makes a passive comment about it… For example: “You know, I can pay for you to get your hair cut…” or “have you had a hard time finding a salon you like in Chicago?” Thanks mom.

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2011

hah ;)

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 8, 2011

I completely agree with all your dreaded tasks. It took me forever to change my last name on certain documents, such a pain in the butt! I never meal plan, and always leave my haircuts until the “i can’t stand it” stage. The one thing I don’t have to worry about is the oil change. Having a husband that works with/on cars all day long, I simply have to say “honey, my car needs an oil change” and it’s done :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

18 Andrea October 8, 2011

Funny, the lentil walnut loaf is on my menu for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night (and for Monday night at the in-laws), and the pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream icing is in the oven as I’m typing this! Thanks for the great recipes :)

19 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 8, 2011

I love the place settings! We’re doing a family dinner on Monday, so I still have some time to get my act together. Famous last words I’m sure. Have fun!

20 Becki @ Bites 'n Brews October 8, 2011

Happy early Thanksgiving! It works perfectly that your Thanksgiving comes before the American one – plenty of time for me to practice your recipes (and consume that practice) before our big family get togethers.

21 Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco October 8, 2011

For someone who doesn’t like meal planning, this looks amazing!

22 Hannah October 8, 2011

I feel like such a doof-when I saw the post title I thought, “Isn’t it a bit early to think about Thanksgiving it’s not until November!” That’s embarrassing, ha!

Have a great, sunny weekend :)

23 Chelsey @ Chew With Your Mouth Open October 8, 2011

Yum, yum, yum! I am not Canadian, but tempted to celebrate just for the food! I live in Washington. That’s close enough right?!

24 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 8, 2011

Oh wow, all of these look fantastic!!! Especially the sweet potato casserole!!

25 Amber K October 8, 2011

It’s been 5 years (today!) for me and my husband and I still have not changed my last name. Then again, I don’t actually plan to. And the last time I was totally sick of my hair length I tried cutting it myself, yeah…didn’t exactly work, but the only person who ever cuts my hair is my mom and she was busy. I was so tired of it. Never doing that again!

Awesome round-up of Thanksgiving recipes. Have a great weekend!

26 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 8, 2011

Great ideas!! I am definetly making the carrot ginger soup this Monday for Thanksgiving :D

27 Liz @ Something To Chew On October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! I like the hair idea – I think it’d be super cute, I’m a fan of that style.

I want to eat all of those donuts…they look so great!

28 Gypsy October 8, 2011

I love the holiday soup and make it all the time – I usually roast some kind of squash in the oven and then cut that up and add it in – everyone loves it!

As for your lob: I say, go for it! I constantly cut and grow my hair out. The thing with that haircut though is that you really have to take a bit more time to style it –
You might find that you like longer hair better but it’s no big deal because hair grows :)

Happy Thanksgiving

29 Rachel @ Rachel's Delicious Journey Blog October 8, 2011

Your recipes are just incredible! I have to try something new from your list this week x

30 melissa gillan October 8, 2011

happy thanksgiving, after seeing all this delicious food i am beginning to think today is our thanksgiving in the states!! well maybe i will just make all the food today anyways as a “trial run” hehe

31 char @ char on a mission October 8, 2011

I want to make that sweet potato casserole asap. I was googling a vegan one the other day and (naturally) yours came up and then you went and put it in this post – I better get on it! Happy Thanksgiving!

32 Jessica October 8, 2011

I really want to try me that pumpkin butter! <<–what am I a barbarian?! LOL

In that case…love Oh She Glow! :)

33 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles October 8, 2011

Gah I’m in desperate need of a haircut right now! It’s been months. I also hate getting my oil changed. Usually my boyfriend and I do it, when I have to go to the shop it costs over $50!

34 Hayley @ Oat Couture October 8, 2011

Ooh a long bob would look amazing on you!! And it will still be long enough so as not to shock you too much! I actually find it pretty therapeutic having a big chop! If that makes sense?! :)

35 Maria October 8, 2011

I got married last month and I’m in the process of changing my name right now – I can see why you waited so long. What a hassle! My attempts to get my husband to change his last name to mine did not work out :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

36 Alisha October 8, 2011

I am so excited to try some of these!!! Yum!

37 Lori October 8, 2011

Hi, just wondering best way to make the sweet potato casserole ahead to bring to a potluck? Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

38 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

You could probably bake it in the oven ahead of time and then heat it in the oven (covered with tinfoil?) I havent tried that but that’s what I would try if I did :)

39 Lori October 10, 2011

Thanks! It worked! Everyone LOVED it. huge hit.

40 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 8, 2011

Yes get your passport updated pronto…that way you can not only go to the States but on any other exotic trips that call your name or just come up. You never know when a fabulous opportunity may strike :)

And oil changes and meal planning…right there with you. Ugh!

The brownie and pumpkin spice donut relinks…ahhh, calling my name. Big.Time.

And I remember when you made 7 lentil loaves and finally got it right, just a few lentils later :)

I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!!

41 Amy @ purewellnessamy October 8, 2011

First, Happy Thanksgiving! Second, this pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream frosting is hands-down the best vegan dessert I’ve ever made. I’m bringing it to a non-vegan dinner party tonight and I can’t wait to see their faces once they taste it!

42 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

wow that’s awesome to hear! Have fun at your party :)

43 TS October 8, 2011

My family never made a traditional Thanksgiving meal (we refuse to do tofurkey), so we always just ate normal. Now I’m totally inspired to go all out this year! And, being in the US, I actually have time to plan =) Thanks for the ideas…although I’m not doing the donut…I always burn those :-/ A burnt donut is still a donut, right????

44 Melissa October 8, 2011

Made your pumpkin spice doughnuts to take home to the parents this weekend… had to taste test a few haha I really hope they actually make it home.. I should probably put them in the trunk so I’m not tempted during the drive!
Thanksgiving always means cashew loaf for us, but I definitely want to try your lentil loaf soon..

Go for the long bob… it’s not a HUGE change, and the best thing about hair – nothing’s permanent. I’m really spoiled though, my boyfriend is a hair stylist :)

Happy thanksgiving!!

45 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 8, 2011

my husband and i are hosting t-giving for the firs time this year. serving dinner to 12! thanks for the ideas :)

46 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 8, 2011

Wonderful ideas! :) I can’t wait to host Thanskgiving some day and get to do cool things like this!

47 Jillian@ ladolcevitavegan.wordpress.com October 8, 2011

Everything looks so yummy! Especially the sweet potato dish! :) And your table looks beautiful as well! Happy Thanksgiving!

48 Lisa @ Fit in the Midwest October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I think you’d look good with a long bob. I just cut side swept bangs into my hair and took a chance. You can do it too! It’s nice to have something different to do with my hair.

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

Thanks Lisa! I’m def thinking about it.

I wish I could have side bangs too as I love them! I have a bad cowlick that can’t be tamed. I tried bangs once and my bangs shot straight up, heh.

50 Olya October 8, 2011

“Getting the oil in my car changed”. Oh, I don’t want to know anything car related! I get away with it by telling my husband that all the “oil, repairs, regos etc etc” are totally a man’s job. I think if you tell it to a husband many enough times, he will start to believe it lol :)

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

So far no luck!
He says ‘it’s your car’ which is true, but we both drive it and only have 1 car! lol. I say it’s both of our cars ;)

52 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty October 8, 2011

I’m making a few of your things for Thanksgiving…

The sweet potatoes, pear/pecan salad, and there is something else too! Mmmm can’t wait!

53 Eat Hike Sleep Repeat October 8, 2011

I knew my procrastination would pay off! I keep getting asked by my omnivore partner, “So, what are you making yourself tomorrow instead of turkey”? I’ve hummed and hawed but hadn’t come up with the right dish. I was even going to be lazy and see if I could find a Tofurky. Thanks for the lentil loaf recipe. Perfect timing! Without the glaze, I’m thinking it will go perfect with a chanterelle sauce. Happy thanksgiving : )

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

I hope you like it! Happy Thanksgiving :)

55 Adrienne October 8, 2011

Everything looks amazing! I’m going to try making your lentil loaf sometime soon!

56 Michaela October 8, 2011

Angela, I only read this post until you suggested the meatloaf. Next thing I did, was getting the ingredients ready and oh my, this is soooo delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I will read the rest of your post, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed this recipe.

57 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

So happy to hear that!

58 Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 8, 2011

Delicious! I’m being hosted this year for Thanksgiving but I am hosting a vegetarian Christmas so this is going in my bookmarks to pull out then! Gives me a bit longer to ensure I’m not being last minute about Christmas too… :)

59 Georgina October 8, 2011

I love your menu, Angela! I will try a few of the recipes as I am trying to add some vegan dishes to our traditional meal. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

60 Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com October 8, 2011

Have a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

I wish my kitties loved to ride in the car!! Go Sketchie!

61 Kris | iheartwellness.com October 8, 2011

Awwwww, girl, Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Ok, my friend and I made the loaf today and OMG, it is HEAVEN!! Thanks for the recipe girl!! xxoo

62 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Kris, glad you both enjoyed it!!

63 Moni'sMeals October 8, 2011

I would do just about anything to have any of these desserts! Golly. :)

64 Alyssa (Down To Earth) October 8, 2011

I cannot wait to make your pumpkin pie brownies – they look so scrumptious! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

65 Kristy H October 8, 2011

These ideas look great and the colour of the carrot soup is beautiful. I have just blackened some peppers and they are in the kitchen steaming, waiting to be added to your creamy red pepper hummus recipe. cant wait!

66 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! October 8, 2011

What an amazing spread! I would be on happy girl if that was on my Thanksgiving table :)

67 Andrea October 8, 2011

Your pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream looks amazing, no wonder it’s so popular! I definately plan on trying that one out. Anything pumpkin and I’m in. I’m going to use your recipe to make pumpkin butter as well :)

Also, I used your recipe for quinoa cereal tonight and it turned out pretty tasty! Thank you! Have a good Thanksgiving!

68 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

Glad you enjoyed the quinoa Andrea :)

69 Katrina October 8, 2011

All of these sound lovely. Thanks for the round up!

70 Marianne October 8, 2011

I just popped over to see your recipe for the lentil loaf, and your thoughts on the recipe from Clean Food – glad I read it, as I’m organizing a fall harvest dinner, and that loaf was one our vegan entree options. Sounds delicious, but I can’t exactly have a loaf that falls apart served at a fancy dinner. Would have commented on that post, but comments are closed (?!)

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

Hey Marianne! Yea comments close after a couple months on the post. I was having a problem with spam, so it helps me control spammers from leaving 1000 comments on old posts. heh

Enjoy the loaf!

72 Kathy October 8, 2011

Awesome! I will totally check out those recipes, especially the mash potatoes and casserole.
Your going to the states? Which state? We’ve got 50 of them~! Ha! ^^

73 Sarah October 8, 2011

First of all, don’t cut your hair! Every time I get sick of my long hair that I never do anything with anyway and I think about cutting it, I regret it when I look back at photos of when I actually cut it! Plus, I feel like you have to style it MORE when it’s shorter…but I’m sure you’d look great either way so don’t listen to me. Secondly, you just made me want our US Thanksgiving to hurry up and get here with that yummy menu! I’m for sure going to make your mashed potatoes and that pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream (WOW!). I’ve been hesitating with that lentil loaf…I trust you when you say it’s great but for some reason I’m stalling!
Thanks for all the great inspiration!

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

aha I know every time I have cut it I regret it…but I’m thinking maybe a LONG bob would work? Only an inch shorter than it is now..

75 Hayley. (@healthyhayley) October 8, 2011

Angela love the ideas!! I am definitely going to make the pumpkin butter for sure!! and the Carrot Ginger soup will be perfect for my Turkey Dinner with friends on Tuesday!!

76 Hayley. (@healthyhayley) October 8, 2011

Plus — I LOVE THE NEW HEADER!!

77 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

Thanks!!

78 Rebecca October 9, 2011

Delicious looking ideas! Those Pumpkin spiced doughnuts may be made in the near future ;) I’m the same way with certain things on my to-do list-especially haircuts. I love getting my hair done, but I’m lazy about scheduling an appointment. And getting gas. It may only take 5 minutes, but I avoid it until my tank gets too low.

79 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats October 9, 2011

Changing my oil is one of my least favorite errands too. I don’t know why I dread it so much b/c all I have to do is bring the car in. These desserts all look incredible!

80 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 10, 2011

haha I know, it’s not like we actually have to change the oil right?

81 Joann@womaninreallife October 9, 2011

The food choices look amazing! I too put off the haircuts. My split ends are ridiculous right now…the bob sounds good btw.

82 Lea -stil.werk- October 9, 2011

you do it well….so much food.
….i”m really hungry……
shit!

Lea ;-*

83 Allison O'Mara (Girl in her kitchen) October 9, 2011

I hate getting the oil in my car changed too! I don’t know why, they are always polite to me but I hate it!

84 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2011

I know the feeling!

85 eva @5fruitsNveggies October 9, 2011

thank you for posting a vegan meatloaf recipe that works!…i will follow yours to a T as well…
vegan meatloaf has been something i have given up on, sadly…i will let you know my results

86 Callie {rawxy} October 9, 2011

Wonderful ideas! I still need to make your Ultimate Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf – Looks especially delicious. Maybe, I’ll just add it in this week… I mean, who needs to wait until thanksgiving!? ;)

87 Jaime October 9, 2011

Thanks for the great recipes! I’m going to make the carrot soup, the lentil walnut loaf and the pumpkin gingerbread. I was thinking of substituting the raisins in the loa

88 Jaime October 9, 2011

Oops… my toddler hit the keys on the computer! Thanks for the great recipes!:) I’m going to make the carrot soup, the lentil walnut loaf and the pumpkin gingerbread. I was thining of substituting the raisins in the lentil loaf for dried cranberries, and adding some “poultry seasoning” (marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, and green onion mix) to make it more Thanksgivivng-ish…. Also thinking of doing a cranberry type glaze on top…We’ll see… should be good I think :) Thanks again, I can’t wait to try these! Especially the pumkin gingerbread loaf! Mmmmmm :) My sweet tooth has been cazy ever since I had my second son… aye aye aye… haha

89 Janiek October 9, 2011

Oh man that food looks soooo good!

90 Haley October 9, 2011

Your Thanksgiving table is beautiful! And that soup looks so warm and comforting! MMM!! (:

91 Jill @ A Cook's Nook October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

The food loves fabulous and the table setting is beautiful :)

92 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 9, 2011

I’m not even vegan (or vegetarian), but I’m a HUGE fan of lentil loaves!

93 Hannah October 9, 2011

I want to make all of these recipes! Cute table setting, too. :)

94 Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn October 10, 2011

I love the decor, that table looks lovely :-)
The Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts look amazing!
In fact all of this food looks delicious!

95 Tichina October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving :) I’m in love with your Holiday Soup, it’s one of my favourite soups to make!

96 Diane October 10, 2011

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! I am looking forward to trying your Vegan Thanksgiving recipes for my own Thanksgiving this year!!

97 Nobody October 10, 2011

i just made your walnut lentil loaf and what is NOT my grandmother’s sweet potato casserole, and i am absolutely glowing from the inside out, thanks to you. those recipes are going in my “keep” folder, and will definitely be made again!!! delicious!

98 AGS October 10, 2011

For the name change. Probably the only reason I got it all done (a year later, after I finally decided to change my name. . .)

99 Emmy (Wine and Butter) October 10, 2011

I think the pumpkin spice cake would definitely be my favourite – seriously considering making that for our family thanksgiving meal!! xox

100 Nancy D October 10, 2011

Just wanted to let you know I made your Lentil Walnut Loaf as our main course today, and it was a big hit with my omni husband and brother. I had been planning another lentil loaf recipe, but when I saw your comments about the crumbly loaves, I knew I wanted to try yours. So glad I did. It will become a staple for sure. Happy Thanksgiving!

101 saniel October 10, 2011

I just made the lentil loaf- it was very tasty and but took a long time to prep-but worth it. next time i will either omit walnuts or use way less. The raisins made it savory, maybe I’ll add cranberries too. For the glaze i didn’t have maple syrup so i used honey instead still came out good. Overall great dish something I could introduce during the holiday season.

102 saniel October 10, 2011

Also made the pumpkin spice cake but used your pumpkin butter instead of the pumpkin puree. Spread nutella as frosting. My son devoured 2 of them and he is only 2.

103 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Angela :-)

104 rawkinmom October 11, 2011

love these ideas!!! I love how you arranged the table as well…..very beautiful!!!

105 Julie at Burnt Carrots October 11, 2011

Awesome post! I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year and have been collecting ideas. The ginger carrot soup is def going to make the list!

106 Merina October 11, 2011

I made my first batch of holiday soup this weekend. So yummy! I made quite a few batches last winter. I also took your pumpkin pie brownies to thanksgiving dinner. They were a huge hit!! I think next weekend I’m going to make one of your mac & cheeze bakes. My husband loves the cheeze sauce and had no idea its vegan :)

Thanks for being your awesome self and sharing all your delicious recipes with us Angela!

107 Angela@veggievinyasa.com October 11, 2011

So beautiful! I love that you’re giving us (Americans) ideas ahead of time. Thanks!

108 Anastasia October 12, 2011

Ultimate Vegan Lentil Loaf sounds a lot better than Tofurky, which is pretty miserable, to be honest.:) I will try your entree before the holiday to make sure everyone loves it and if they do, Tofurky is not making it to the table this year! YES!

109 Lindsay October 12, 2011

Hi Angela,

I just recently became vegan for a book I’m writing (a year of month-long social experiments that I blog about – something different every month, this month being vegan). I have been complaining that all the vegan treats are dry and tasteless. I made the pumpkin gingerbread for Thanksgiving and I am totally proven wrong! It was absolutely divine! My cousin said it tasted like the Starbucks version. I brought some to work and my workmates were fighting over the last few pieces. Thank you so much. You’ve made me realize that I don’t have to give up great taste (and moist cake) to be vegan. I can’t wait to try some of your other recipes!

Lindsay

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011

I’m so excited to hear that Lindsay! Thanks for sharing. :) I hope you continue to enjoy the recipes!

111 Sally October 13, 2011

I made the carrot apple ginger soup and added a cup of red lentils and some extra water to give it some bulk and protein. It was great!

112 Amy October 30, 2011

I just had to stop in and say – your lentil loaf was AMAZING. We just had it tonight – and my husband, who is still a meat-eater (though eats vegan eagerly and with pleasure when I cook), is still sneaking tastes after dinner. Love it!

113 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 30, 2011

Glad to hear that Amy!

114 Aj October 5, 2012

Oh goodness! This was best post ever! Ima make the soup for Thanksgiving then the mashed potatoes later. Family always brings the other stuff. :)

115 Melissa October 31, 2012

I came across your blog not long ago and I love it! Thank you so much for posting vegan recipes that are delicious and nutritious. I can’t wait to try these out this Thanksgiving :)