Honeymoon Photography: Kusadasi, Turkey

Next up, on our honeymoon is Kusadasi, Turkey.

Previous stops: Venice & Athens

IMG_3765

Boasting over 300 sunny days a year, we weren’t surprised to be greeted by a beautiful bright blue sky and a warm morning that quickly rose to 30 degrees Celsius.

IMG_3769

Kusadasi lies on the West coast of Turkey and has a population of just 50,000; however the population is much greater during the summer when tourists arrive. The Taxi driver we spoke with said that he makes enough money in the summer (working as a Taxi driver) to take the rest of the year off work! He said they have a very relaxed lifestyle, with ample traveling, and lots of family time. Eric and I thought it was such a stark contrast to the typical North American lifestyle which is often based around working and material things, with little family time and travel opportunities.

We strolled around the market and the locals not only spoke English well, but they were very friendly (and very persistent!). I bought a couple unique looking tanks tops and Eric a couple t-shirts.

IMG_9012

Well, I thought they were unique until I saw the same ones at every clothing stand along the way!

IMG_4163

After browsing the market, we took a taxi to Ephesus, which is a city with quite a ‘rocky’ history filled with culture and architecture. Ephesus is famous for the Temple of Artemis- one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient Word. Sadly, it was destroyed in 401 AD. Later on in 614 AD, much of the town was also destroyed by an Earthquake.

IMG_4051

Similar to Athens, we saw a lot of strays which were the most friendly of all the strays we came across along our travels. The cats wanted lots of rubs and attention much like domestic cats. We couldn’t get over how tame they were, but I guess they are used to lots of tourists being around. We wanted to take them all home…I’m sure Sketchie would have loved them. ;)

IMG_3810

For the rest of our pictures, see the album below!

Page 2 of 2«12
ayten September 18, 2011

ohh my God? when have you been in Kuşadası? i live there and i am a big follower of you…
if i knew i would regard every tourist’s face …
what a chance to meet you…
i could invite you to a wonderful Turkish cuisine.
as you realize my English isn’t good:)
have a happy life angela.Maybe öne day we can meet..

Ulya September 5, 2011

If you want to visit Turkey again, I recommend Bodrum other than Kusadasi. As being Turkish, I can say that Kusadasi has become so crowded that it may sometimes be disturbing. Besides, Bodrum’s coasts are wonderful, and the water is cold and amazing! I love Bodrum!

Carissa August 29, 2011

I love all the stray cats! When we went to Italy there were several feeding stations along one of the hiking trails. What a neat concept!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove August 29, 2011

Beautiful pictures!

Nicole August 29, 2011

I didn’t know you went to Turkey! I just got back from a 6 week trip there. I went to Ephesus (so amazing!), but we skipped Kusadasi, because we heard it was a huge tourist-trap of a city, and since we had 6 weeks, we’d already seen enough of those.
I LOVED Istanbul, but apart from that, I can tell you my favourite parts of Turkey were the smaller towns. The people are so friendly, and you get a feel for what Turkey is like for the Turkish people. Of course, if you only have a couple days, you pretty much have to hit up a major city. Did you manage to get to Istanbul? You would have loved the spice market!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove August 29, 2011

nice pictures!

Hayley @ Oat Couture August 29, 2011

Ahh I went to Kusadasi a couple of years ago for a girls trip! I wasn’t that impressed but looking at your pictures we didn’t see nearly as many sights as you two! :/ Looks like you had a great time!! :)

Julie F. August 28, 2011

First, I love your blog. Second…it seems odd to me that your blog is a vegan blog…yet there’s a banner ad for eggs on it? just an observation.

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2011

I dont see those ads here in Canada, but thanks for letting me know. I will see if it can be removed.

Alexis (hummusapien) August 28, 2011

love the new header!! your photos are amazing :)

I’m making the no bake choco oatmeal cookies today…i’ll let you know how they turn out!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2011

Thanks Alexis! There was quite a mixed opinion on the header…heh.
Yes please let me know how the cookies turned out!

Alex @ Raw Recovery August 28, 2011

I lived in Greece for almost six months during my junior year in college and really wanted to visit Istanbul. All of my friends came back raving about how amazing it was, so it is definitely on my bucket list!

Andrea August 28, 2011

That black and white kitty looks just like my Patrick did! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2011

aww cute! :)

Ashley August 28, 2011

What a wonderful honeymoon! You got to go to so many amazing places! So jealous!