High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

IMG 0783 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Tell me, what screams Happy Friday more than pizza?

What about…

• 15 Minute Pizza
  • Healthy Pizza
  • High Protein Pizza
  • Even-your-dog-could-make-it Pizza
  • Spilling boiling water on your finger as you pour your morning tea (I screamed all right but it wasn’t Happy Friday…)

*ices finger*

IMG 0810 thumb1   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

This is another Quick & Dirty recipe that I just fell in love with this week. It involves my 5-Ingredient vegan cheeze sauce, as well as a handful of other healthy ingredients that are quick to throw together.

Sometimes the best meals are the spontaneous ones. Sometimes the worst meals are the spontaneous ones. Sometimes the biggest flops are the one you dream about and plan for days drawing out detailed instructions, ingredients, maps, and brainstorming trees.

It all evens out, especially when there is pizza involved!

IMG 0779 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

IMG 0761 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Simply mix up your cheeze sauce, beans, veggies, and seasonings in a bowl.

IMG 0764 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Add on your pizza sauce and then divide the bean mixture between the two tortillas.

IMG 0766 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Add a sprinkle of your fav cheese! My favourite vegan cheese is Daiya cheese (it’s soy free too).

IMG 0767 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

IMG 0768 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Bake for 10 minutes at 350F and then broil on low for 2 minutes to crisp.

IMG 0773 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Voila.

Easy pizza that’s high in protein, flavourful…

IMG 0774 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

and reeeeeeally fun to slice up.

IMG 0782 thumb1   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

But not fun to wait to eat while I take these pictures!

You can enjoy the pizzas many ways, including slicing them into mini pizza slices.

IMG 0786 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

and then stuffing in your face.

I could not do this as I was still taking pictures.

IMG 0781 2 thumb1   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Or fold it up and enjoy it Calzone style…

IMG 0785 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

I could not enjoy this Calzone as I was still taking pictures.

You can also slice, roll, and make cute little appetizer pinwheels!

IMG 0787 thumb   High Protein Tortilla Pizzas

Immediately after this photo, I devoured the pizza. All was well in the world again.

Now, I’m craving leftover pizza for breakfast, except there are no leftovers because I ate it all. Hrmph.

Cait's Plate August 19, 2011

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me :)

Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry August 19, 2011

Amazing. I am totally making tortilla pizzas for dinner tonight!!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011

I agree with Cait– Your creativity is awesome, Angela!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 19, 2011

thanks ladies!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 19, 2011

I love tortilla pizzas – never though of the other applications though! Beautiful photos!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 19, 2011

The best part — I can totes magotes make this in my dorm room. Cha-ching!

Sweet and Savvy August 19, 2011

Wow! Sure beats greasy delivery pizza ANY day! :)

Heather (heathers dish) August 19, 2011

Mmmmmmmm I love tortilla pizza! This sounds delicious and perfect for a Friday :)

Lindsey @ Why Just Eat August 19, 2011

I’m making pizza for a couple of business clients that are coming over for lunch today – and thanks to your post, I’m putting avocado on it! I never thought to put avocado on pizza, but I’m sure it will be DELISH!! Thanks :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 19, 2011

it went awesome with the cheeze sauce :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg August 19, 2011

I love tortilla pizzas! And I like to see that you’re the same way as me: loading up pizzas with tons of sauce — my favorite part!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 19, 2011

“Sometimes the biggest flops are the one you dream about and plan for days drawing out detailed instructions, ingredients, maps, and brainstorming trees. “-

Isn’t that the truth!

I brainstorm and do lots of “recipe development” in my head when I’m on runs or when my mind is wandering when I should be on my yoga mat not thinking of anything, but Im brainstorming desserts and recipes and what I am going to create next.

The recipes I think about over and over and over…those are usually “okay” but it’s the truly spontaneous ones that steal the show sometimes!

Your pizza…just stole the show :)

Stephasaurus August 19, 2011

I can’t wait to try this! I made your 5 ingredient vegan cheez sauce last night and put it on some whole wheat pasta, and it was delish! Even my non-vegan fiancé said it was good! (His exact words were, “Well it’s not cheese, but it’s good!”)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 19, 2011

glad you enjoyed it!

VeggieGirl August 19, 2011

I love the appetizer pinwheels idea, always looking for healthy entertainment options when we have friends over!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) August 19, 2011

love the pinwheel idea!!

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count August 19, 2011

The pizzas look wonderful. Never thought of black beans on a pizza, but they are my favorite and it sounds like a great idea! Thanks, Angela!!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans August 19, 2011

Pizza and Friday definitely go hand in hand! I love how healthy they are and yet still would satisfy my pizza craving :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} August 19, 2011

I love beans on my pizza! This looks so tasty.

Alexis August 19, 2011

Yummm!! I always crave weird things I’n the morning like what I had for dinner the night before. A couple days ago I had some cabbage soup for breakfast… Weird, I know! Thanks for all the inspiration and fabulous recipes :)

Jen August 19, 2011

The pinwheels are so cute! I love toothpicked appetizers. Hehe. If I made your cheeze sauce GF, the entire pizza could easily be made GF with a brown rice tortilla. Yay!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 19, 2011

I vote for “Even-your-dog-could-make-it Pizza.” Hahaha! I think I could eat the bean mix on its own… but pizza makes tasty food even more fabulous. :) Especially breakfast. Have you made breakfast pizzas before? Love them!

Hope your finger isn’t too bad!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 19, 2011

I love using tortillas to make pizza! Pitta bread works great too :)

Marijke August 19, 2011

I think I have all the ingredients for this in my kitchen! THANK YOU for sorting out our Friday night “what’s for dinner” dilemma!!!

katie@ KatieDid August 19, 2011

So I always used to think it a bit strange that you used tomato paste on your sandwiches (back in the day, or maybe you still do), but I just started using it as a condiment and oh myyyyy it is tasty! I’ve been eating it by the spoonful, and dipping cheese into it hahah. I don’t know why I ever doubted your culinary expertise! but it’s got a great sweetness to it. I bet it would make for an awesome pizza sauce on these too.

karissa August 19, 2011

These look delicious!

Jenny August 19, 2011

Those little appetizer pinwheels are adorable…! I don’t blame you for eating both – they look… well, mouth-watering. I’m so glad I have tortillas in the fridge… No pizza slicer, but meh! I’d probably just double your cheeze sauce and skip the Daiya. (I’m curious about Daiya, but… it has coconut oil! Allergiieeess.)

I imagine your “Quick & Dirty” recipes will solve many last-minute dinner dilemmas in the days, posts, and weeks to come! Thanks for the great idea!

Izzy August 19, 2011

Angela you are my saving grace! I wake up in the morning , can hardly wait to open your post. It always brings me a smile and a chuckle , but just as important; I know whats for dinner!! Looking forward to Friday night pizza.Thank you, you are truly inspirational in every way!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 19, 2011

Enjoy the pizza and thanks for your comments!

Anne August 19, 2011

love the photos! they were worth the wait! looks delicious, I often make similar pizzas myself!

Alyson August 19, 2011

I totally see lunch boxes filled with this in my future.

Noelle August 19, 2011

Ha ha ha I like your variations at the end of this post. Unfortunately I am going tohave to do without the pizza sauce. This pregnancy is giving me so much heartburn that tomatoes are out of the question. Maybe I can just make it with the cheeze sauce! Thx!

Madelaine @ Healthy, Hot and Happy August 19, 2011

The pinwheels looks right up my alley – I love anything quick, easy and healthy. Thanks for the recipe Angela!

Eat Hike Sleep Repeat August 19, 2011

Cheeze sauce, on pizza, with Daiya. Oh yah! Just got some amazing sun dried tomatoes so I’ve had pizza on the brain. Looking forward to dinner!

Sara (The Veggie Eco-Life) August 19, 2011

I would’ve stuffed them all in my face too. I think I couldn’t wait to take so much picture, thinking “one will do” ;)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet August 19, 2011

What a great easy dinner!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove August 19, 2011

I have all of those things at home (except for the cheese sauce – would need to make that). Maybe I’ll make this when I get home later!!

Erin August 19, 2011

You’re amazing! I am totally making this tonight. I am never dissapointed with your recipes and at least once a day I tell someone about your sight. Cooking vegan recipes has allowed me to not focus on how much I eat of something, I finally have stopped focusing on my weight! Thank you for that, you keep on inspiring me. :)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 19, 2011

This is a happy Friday now! loves this :)

Geosomin August 19, 2011

Yum…I make something similare to this when time is in a pinch and I”m craving pizza.
Hmmm…think I know what’s for supper :)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 19, 2011

Tortilla pizzas are to die for! :) Such a great meal in a pinch. I love the new ideas for toppings! Thanks Ang!

Meg August 19, 2011

This is such a good idea. I love pizza but the gluten/dairy issue kind of gets in the way. This would be a great option! Your recipes have given me so many options I never thought of its amazing :)

Celeste August 19, 2011

I can’t eat grains, but I mixed cooked quinoa with a little garbanzo bean flour to make a “crust” of sorts and spread the sauce/other toppings on top. Though not pizza texture, total pizza flavor. I <3 this. Thanks!

Ashley August 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I are huge fans of pizza, so these look amazing and sound like they taste amazing too! Thanks for the fabulous quick recipe:)

Page 1 of 3123»