Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad & Sweat Wicking Workout Wear

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 27, 2011

Happy Friday! This short work week really flew by. I’m currently working on a vegan recipe assignment for a magazine that’s due this week and will be published in September. I’m excited to share it with you! I’m testing & writing recipes this afternoon so hopefully no disasters/small kitchen fires/flops occur… ;)

You know what I love when things are busy? Quick lunches that can be thrown together in just minutes. When I returned from a hot yoga class yesterday, I wanted something ready in 10 minutes. It was either that, or I was going to scarf a pint of Coconut Bliss. I came across a delicious looking chickpea salad recipe on Heather’s blog and I knew it would be right up my alley.

This salad did not disappoint!

IMG_6377

IMG_6376-2

Some changes I made:

• cut down the oil by over half
  • increased the Cilantro
  • added some cumin spice
  • reduced sugar
  • slightly reduced lime

It was enjoyed over a bed of leftover brown rice…a great combo! I also doubled the recipe I posted above because Eric was home for lunch too.

The dressing has quite a bite to it, thanks to the lime and lack of oil, so please feel free to adjust the dressing to your taste buds liking. We thought it was quite refreshing and I love that it packs in spinach greens too.

IMG_6378

If you aren’t a Cilantro fan, you could always experiment with other herbs (parsley could be fun!), but I must say the Cilantro-lime combo is a dream to my taste buds. Thanks Heather for a great recipe!

lulemon-yogq-colours

[image source]

The Great Sweat-Wicking Workout Wear Debate

Lately, the workout tanks that I’ve been wearing to Hot Yoga have left me feeling like a wet sponge!

They just aren’t working for me and by the end of class my shirt is a sopping puddle of sweat sticking to my skin (great visual, I know). This prompted me to ask on Twitter what your favourite sweat-wicking workout tops are.

Here are some of the responses that I received:

lululemon090803_560

[image source]

I’m definitely going to check some of these out. :)

Do you have any favourite workout clothes that wick sweat and breathe well?

jenna May 27, 2011 at 10:23 am

i’m in love with your wooden bowls!! they are gorgeous!

this salad would be great with a variety of beans as well! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2011 at 10:29 am

thanks got them at the antique market!

kaila @ healthy helper! May 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Haha I was just about to say that! They are so pretty!

Candice October 3, 2015 at 9:01 am

Yes, I’m going to see if I can find them online!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans May 27, 2011 at 10:25 am

That salad looks so yummy and fresh…perfect for a BBQ or picnic! And as always your photography is outstanding!!

Lauren May 27, 2011 at 10:28 am

That chickpea salad looks great! I love chickpeas so this is definitely going on my ‘Make soon’ list! :D

Jenny May 27, 2011 at 10:29 am

I have to agree with about the cilantro + lime combo… Though the added cumin also marries beautifully with cilantro and lime, I find! I love cilantro and chickpeas – so this dish is right up my alley. Thanks, I know what I’m having tomorrow, for sure! :D Also a great way to sneak in some spinach – I’m guessing it’s not very noticeable, because of the strong flavours from lime and cilantro? My mother hates spinach… Maybe I will make this for both of us to squeeze some more greens into her day, haha.

For sweat wicking… I have to say, I love anything made by Nike for that purpose! Though I’ve never tried Lululemon, I’ve heard many great things about its sweat-wicking tops… so I imagine that anything you buy from there will work well. Best of luck finding what you’re looking for!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2011 at 10:30 am

Nope we couldnt detect the spinach!

Ali June 1, 2011 at 10:07 am

Yum! I’m making the Cliantro Lime Chickpea Salad for lunch today. Anything requiring zero cooking is perfect for hot southern days. This is my first recipe I’m trying out from your blog… and I have several more planned for the week. SO excited!!!

Amanda May 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

Cilantro is a banned food in our house. My Fiance hates the taste and smell of it. I grew some last year in our garden and even tried to sneak it into a few meals but he knew instantly :(

Jenny May 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Maybe you could use fresh parsley instead?

Kat May 27, 2011 at 10:38 am

I can’t wait to see all of your magazine assignments. You always put some of my favorite foods together. I love chickpeas, cilantro, and cumin!

Heather J May 27, 2011 at 10:41 am

Hot yoga is the only workout in which I don’t even bother with a shirt… just rock out with a sports bra (Lululemon’s are the best).

Leah @ Why Deprive? May 27, 2011 at 10:44 am

That chickpea salad sounds amazing. Im pretty much obsessed with cilantro, so thats all you need to sell me on it. :)

Dorry May 27, 2011 at 10:45 am

I work at lululemon and I’m so happy to see so many people recommended several of our tanks. They really are incredibly supportive and comfortable. :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 27, 2011 at 10:45 am

That looks delicious! Perfect for a warm weekend :) Thanks Angela!

Michelle May 27, 2011 at 10:46 am

Hi Angela,

I mentioned Prana to you before in regards to a mat and I’m going to say it again. Prana! They have a beautiful clothing line and you can order online.

The other company is Under Armour. I haven’t tried them out personally, but my stepson loves their stuff. He wears their tanks under his hockey gear and that is all that we hear about. Apparently they keep him dry while he’s on the ice, which is very important. They have a website filled with info (http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca). I’m so glad that you’re really enjoying yoga!

Angie May 27, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I second the suggestion for Prana. Great tops and nice big handbands (similar to Bondi Bands) are my favorites.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 8:20 am

thanks!!!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa May 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

Cilantro + lime just screams summer to me!

Have you checked out Alo gear? I am a fan of the items I’ve gotten from them.

Nikki May 27, 2011 at 10:49 am

Hi highly recommended doing hot yoga in your sports bra, no need for a shirt. The less wet clothes to deal with, the better. I love the super inexpensive champion sports bras Target sells. They make them with thin straps and tons of fun colors. I believe its called the seamless cami bra.

Jill in Chicago May 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

Hi Angela,
I was the gal who requested you share the hot yoga apparel recommendations via Twitter — thank you for posting them here! I am loving hot yoga!
Also, can’t wait to try this recipe this weekend.
Jill

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 8:20 am

no prob!

Shay May 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

MMmmm Mmmmmm mmm. The green-ness of the salad really appeals to me. I love me some colorful salad, but pure green with pops of tan from the chickpeas screams summer to me.

Honestly, I’ve gotten some of my best workout tanks from good old Tar-jay. They’ve really stepped up their game in that department!

Best of luck!

Erin May 27, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’m not a fan of box stores, but I must admit I’m looking forward to having Target in Canada!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 8:20 am

me too!!! is it next year?

Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 27, 2011 at 10:54 am

I like the target range of tops, too. Great quality, great price!

And I love love love the cilantro-lime combo! Too good. And I love chickpeas! Winner in my book :D

Dayanna May 27, 2011 at 10:58 am

Yum – looks like another fabulous recipe!
Both lululemon and shakti make some great apparel for hot yoga classes! I have a few items from each that I absolutely love! :)

Christabel May 27, 2011 at 11:00 am

Another great line of wicking yoga wear to check out is Tuff Athletics or Kirkland brand at Costco. I’m not sure if you have one where you are.

They have some great crops and tanks right now and they are similar to Lululemon (who I also love!). They run a bit larger, otherwise so far I love them!

The gap also has a good line right now too!

Lisa Fine May 27, 2011 at 11:06 am

That salad looks yum! We have tons of oregano in our garden, so I may try to recreate this using oregano instead. [It’ll be a while before I can harvest our little cilantro plants.]

As for workout clothes, I like to buy stuff at Target [as long as it contains no cotton], and I have some Patagonia tops I’ve bought on sale and at outlets over the years. The quality of Patagonia is excellent.

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 27, 2011 at 11:25 am

I get either Target workout clothes or Under Armour. I’ve heard great things about lululemon but I cannot justify spending that much on workout clothes!

Kristina @ spabettie May 27, 2011 at 11:27 am

not a cilantro fan here, but… basil sounds good to me! your salad is beautiful!

my favorite right now (currently wearing both!) is the Lucy power cardio capri and power yoga halter – awesome fabric (like lulu, it lasts) fits comfortably, is functional while looking cute.

Katherine May 27, 2011 at 11:28 am

How did you get into yoga?
I have been wanting to try it out-I think there is class at the local gym. What do you wear? What do you have to bring?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:41 am
Laura May 27, 2011 at 11:31 am

Love love love Lululemon Scoopneck or Circuit Tanks! Both have optional cuplets for privacy, ahem* and wick that sweat away

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood May 27, 2011 at 11:34 am

Cilantro is my favorite herb… guess I take after my guinea pig in that respect :-D

I usually just wear a sports bra to hot yoga… but like most people, I sweat like no tomorrow after. :(

Carly May 27, 2011 at 11:44 am

I am not a cilantro fan, I might play around with this recipe a bit!

Hands down my best sweat wicking top is from Costco! I love their workout tops…the pants stretch out too much however.

Beth (Well I'll Be) May 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

I’d be interested to see how much a difference a sweat-wicking top makes in hot yoga. I always look like I’ve jumped into a pool after hot yoga, so I don’t know if anything would help me. Keep us updated though!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg May 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

I marked this recipe when Heather posted it– I love anything that centers around cilantro!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 27, 2011 at 11:53 am

I love the 1st pic of the salad, especially, it looks sooo pretty. SUBMIT! But it’s a vertical shot and if you’re like me, you wont be able to get it to fit properly in the crop boxes and the composition gets thrown off and it won’t work. <—story of my life with vert shots. lol

If you have tips other than just lopping off one "end", lmk! TS is easier than FG in that regard if your composition allows it.

but i digress.

Workout wear that wicks sweat. You know, I have come to realize that I am going to sweat and it's just going to be on me. Like down here in Aruba, it's 90F and humid and I pour out sweat, it gets all over me and my clothes, and then I shower and call it a day. I have tried all the fancy things, make no real diff for me personally, so I buy target sports bras and cheapie stuff and call it a day :) But would love a true solution, of course. Just dont hold out much hope. lol

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:43 am

I cant wait til target comes to Canada!

I always always submit my vertical shots…I find it so much easier to just snip the top and bottom off. Funny how we are opposites like that!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Cilantro is my favorite! That recipe makes me want to wrap it in a cron tortilla and toss avocado on it. Perfect for a warm weekend. :)

Alyssa May 28, 2011 at 9:09 am

Oooo! That sounds delicious!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen May 27, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Ohh – what a great use for chickpeas!! Looks amazing.

Erin, too May 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I picked up a couple of the Target tanks and they are awesome. They’re loose fitting which I prefer becouse I don’t like fabric too tight on my tummy (makes me feel self-conscious). They were on sale for $7.50, too! Can’t beat that when you compare the prices of Nike and Lulu!

Heather (heathers dish) May 27, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Yeah! I’m so glad you liked it Angela…andyhe cumin addition sounds fantastic to me :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:43 am

it was amazing!! Thank youuuu

Chloe (Skinny on South Beach) May 27, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I’ve been told that in hot yoga you don’t want to wipe/wick your sweat away because it is acting to cool down your body, so maybe it’s a good thing to be covered in sweat! I know I’m always dripping no matter what I’m wearing :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:43 am

Hmm interesting! Thanks :)

Laura @ Starting Out Fit May 27, 2011 at 12:09 pm

That’s two new salad recipes in one week added to my meal plan!! :) awesome

Ragnhild May 27, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I have a huge craving for Cilantro and Lime AND Chickpeas at the moment- so this sure hit the spot:)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Great recipe Ange! I’m not sure it’s possible to do a hot yoga class and NOT come out soaking wet, but I usually wear my Lululemon Cook Racerbacks because they’re breathable. Also, they’re longer than a lot of other workout tops so when I put my arms up in yoga classes, I don’t have to worry about the shirt riding up too!

Connie May 27, 2011 at 12:21 pm

i love lululemon! i started wearing it before it got popular, but now i wear it less cuz its not being made locally anymore.

your salad looks great! but im not a huge cilantro fann.. eww

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:44 am

I know I was so sad to hear that they make their clothes in Asia now :(

Tracy May 27, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Honestly, sweat wicking material isn’t going to help much in a hot class. The sweat can’t evaporate in a heated room; it has nowhere to go. Whatever material you’re wearing will soak up sweat and get heavier, and when the material is saturated it won’t be able to wick away anymore sweat. So I suggest you wear as little as possible with the lightest fabric possible and try the bras, tanks, and shorts made by lululemon especially for hot yoga.

Tracy May 27, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Honestly, sweat wicking material isn’t going to help much in a hot class. The sweat can’t evaporate in a heated room; it has nowhere to go. Whatever material you’re wearing will soak up sweat and get heavier, and when the material is saturated it won’t be able to wick away any more sweat. So I suggest you wear as little as possible with the lightest fabric possible and try the bras, tanks, and shorts made by lululemon especially for hot yoga.

Charlie May 27, 2011 at 12:32 pm

That salad sounds so good and refreshing! Got to try it :).

Becki May 27, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I never sweat in the Under Armour Heatgear!! A little pricey sometimes but sooo worth it!

Leanne May 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I recently found that Under Armor makes ribbed tank tops that are great! They are made of a stretch non-cotton material that doesn’t stick to my sweaty skin or stretch out. I liked the first one so much I bought two more, and they come in really bright, fun, summery colors!

Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit May 27, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I totally recommend the Power Y tank; I’ve been practicing Moksha for six years and it is by far my favorite top! A couple of points from my perspective ;),
– I like racer backs, if the straps are across my shoulders as per normal tank tops I find I “feel” my clothing.
– The Scoop neck Lulu top is a GREAT design, I love it – but it’s thicker than the Power Y, so not the most ideal for Moksha, although I do own two of them and love love love love them (so flattering on the body) for non-heated Hatha practices.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:45 am

I agree about the Scoop neck- I have a blue one and I found it was sooo heavy!

thehealthyapron May 27, 2011 at 1:48 pm

mmm that salads looks SO fresh!

Cindy May 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I just did a Bikram class this week wearing Lulu’s Deep Breath Tank. It felt and looked great. The light fabric was perfect. I’m a A-cup though, so I don’t have to worry about the girls popping out.

Katie May 27, 2011 at 2:18 pm

you MUST try the circle mesh tops for Lululemon, it’s all I wear to Hot Yoga now. I too am a Moksha fan- but here in Vancouver! Lululemon has some pretty great hot shots/ top combo’s too…wick wick wick away that sweat!

Melissa May 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I’ve got a Lululemon tank that’s similar to their current Run:Mind Over Matter Sleeveless Tech and with the elastic on the bottom I find that with a sports bra is great for yoga since it doesn’t stick to my skin and is very breathable.

I also have the Lululemon Commit tank which they don’t seem to make anymore which was also made with their Silverescent material and it’s great.

My one beef with Lululemon is that they change their styles so often, if you find something you like grab it fast.

Angel7 May 27, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I love chickpeas! They are a great way to get some protein in your diet, and are so easy to make with a few herbs.

LauraJayne May 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm

For Hot Yoga, I can’t do a tank at all – I have to do the “bra-like” ones or I just get too sweaty and hot! I like the Lulu bras the best, but my studio also sells a good brand, I just can’t remember the name right now!

JenATX May 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm

i know a lot of people who don’t like cilantro but I personally love it!

jen May 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm

i personally don’t like the power y tanks. even with my non existant chest i feel unsupported and feel like i may fall out when i bend forward.

Moni'sMeals May 27, 2011 at 3:55 pm

This recipe will work for me Doll! Thank, I might change the cilantro to oregano or dill…

I think Lulu takes it. However, I am pretty impressed by GAP stuff too these days. :)

TGIF. Looking forward to your mag recipe down the road. :)

Kate @ I Know Who Grew It May 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm

OMG I can just imagine the lime, cilantro and cumin in a tasty explosion! I’ll have to try this one. Wonder if we have chickpea growing in Ontario?? I always default to Eden beans, they have the plumpest chickpeas. yumyum!

kris (everyday oats) May 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm

My favorite workout wear is the nike pro line. The material is looser fitting so its not hugging your skin and you don’t feel super sweaty, yet its still slim fitting and able to give you a feminine look. Plus the material is quick drying and you won’t feel sweaty for long after.

mi-an May 27, 2011 at 4:39 pm

My fave tank tops to hot yoga: Lululemon’s HOT TANK!!! gotta check it out. it has cinch on both sides the lets you cinch it up. but i also love cool racerback tanks and power y of course!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:46 am

hmm dont think ive seen that one…will have to look for it.

Lindsey @ SoundEats May 27, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Hey Ange! I work at lululemon, so glad to see a couple lululemon items on your list. :) The only thing I’d add/ suggest, based on my own practice in bikram yoga (105 degree F heat) would be the Cool Racerback tank and the Push Ur Limits Tank. The Push Ur Limits in particular is my favorite for hot yoga. If you’re comfortable not rocking a tank though, by all means – go with short shorts and a sports bra!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Your chickpea recipe would be a great falafel pita topper! Getting hungry just thinking about it…

Lululemon definitely seems to be the popular choice. I just don’t know if I can shell out that kind of cash!

Pure2raw Twins May 27, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Love cilantro! Though my fiance is not a fan… still working on him ;)

My favorite workout gear is bamboo athletic wear clothing. It is amazing how great bamboo is on the skin! Luckily for me one of my sisters has an athletic wear clothing line (rawthreads.org) made from bamboo so I get to have fun shopping whenever I visit her. I do like lululemon clothing as well.

rebecca lustig May 27, 2011 at 5:22 pm

LOVE the cilantro and lime combo– this looks great!

Jillian May 27, 2011 at 6:34 pm

The Nike Tempo track shorts are my all time favorite bottom for running. I have a million pairs. I wish I could bring myself to buy more Lulu but the price just kills me…

Kayla @ The Best Things May 27, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I was JUST thinking about how I have a bunch of cilantro and a lime hanging around in my fridge from when I made salsa last week that need a home!! As for hot yoga clothes.. lululemon is by far the best, in my opinion. They have some amazing tanks that have low support which is great for yoga. I hate feeling too constricted! Good luck!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 27, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Cilantro + lime is such an amazing combination! It tastes so fresh!

I have the Lululemon Power Y tank and I love it. It always keeps me feeling dry when running, but I’ve never tested it out at a hot yoga class.

Jill in Chicago May 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

LADIES! I was just at Gap Body and (well, at least here in the States, hopefully Canada too) most everything in the store is 40 percent off through the weekend. I got a pair of wicking-material shorts for $16! I plan on wearing them to hot yoga tomorrow and can let you know how they do :)

I just wish their colors were a bit better – everything was black, white, gray, grayish purple or BRIGHT ORANGE.

Lisa May 27, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I bet your salad could be blended into a killer hummus!

Cami (FIT to FLOURISH) May 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I saw that you are looking for some good sweat wicking workout gear for hot yoga, so I thought I would help you out! I’m a big hot yoga fan myself! I also work for lululemon… here are some tops that I would recommend…

Push Your Limits Tank – It’s so comfortable! It’s made out of luxtreme, which is lululemon’s most wicking fabric and also very breathable. Luxtreme is actually the fabric used in the RUN line b/c it’s so moisture wicking, so it’s also great for hot and sweaty yoga!

Full Eagle Tank – This tank just came out a couple of weeks ago, and it’s also made out of luxtreme. I wore it to class the other night, and loved it!

Tanks made out of luon are also moisture wicking and work great too. The luxtreme fabric will just be more wicking. The Power Y and Scoop Neck that you mentioned too are made out of luon, and I love those too! When you look at the tanks online, the description will tell you what fabric was used to make the tank.

I hope that helps! Here’s to a good a sweat! :)

Hilary May 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Whoa…this looks GOOD! Looking forward to trying it with some of the cilantro (and maybe some of the other herbs) in my garden. I have a lulu t-shirt that is absolutely AMAZING at sweat-wicking!

Elle May 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm

This salad looks delicious! And I have all the ingredients, ready and waiting..

For hot yoga, lululemon has a new tank called the ‘Spirit Tank’.. The fabric is incredible, it sucks sweat right up!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather May 28, 2011 at 12:45 am

I love the beautiful green dressing covering all the chickpeas! What a fun, simple dish.

Sara (The Veggie Eco-Life) May 28, 2011 at 3:25 am

That chickpea salad indeed looks good. I love things that are simple and good for the tastebuds!
I’m having problems too finding good sportswear, so I’m glad with the tips you received and posted ;) Thank you!

PS : Please help me choose from the cooking books listed on The Veggie Eco-Life

Nathalie May 28, 2011 at 6:45 am

I like to wear Nike or UnderArmour sweat wicking tanks/tops generally, and I have heard the best things about the Lululemon tanks, but they are hard to find over here (UK) and I the shipping cost from US/CAN is pretty steep, so I don’t actually own any of theirs. What I really love, because it is natural fibres, is bamboo clothing. I have some plain tanks/tops and bamboo clothing just feels so nice on the skin, is sweat wicking, naturally antibacterial and I would imagine more environmentally sound than synthetic fibres.

Alyssa May 28, 2011 at 9:13 am

Wow, this salads has one of my favorite flavors. I agree that the best way to eat cilantro is coupled with lime and cumin. I was wondering if you thought it would still be good without spinach? still having veggie issues with my tummy:(

I got to my first yoga class last week (thanks to all your yoga talk) and I loved it. I really want to try hot yoga, I just need to gain the courage:)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

Yes I do think it would work without spinach- its mainly a filler and you cant really taste it. :)

Sarah (Whatmattersiswhatsinside) May 28, 2011 at 10:07 am

I love garbanzo beans!
I will definitely be trying that recipe soon! Today I just made socca using garbanzo bean flour and it was amazing.

LizAshlee May 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

Please let us know if you try these tanks and they work! I could definitely benefit from sweat-wicking tops! After a good run, I am SO SschWETty!! Part of me is totally ok with this bc it is a sign of a GREAT workout!!! I kind of take it as a compliment!! :)

Happy weekend!
twitter.com/lizashleeblog

Colleen May 28, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love anything Nike for tennis, just basic, thin, Dri-Fit t-shirt for me :) I may just make that cilantro-lime chickpea salad for Memorial Day! It looks so fresh and delicious.

Molly @ RDexposed May 28, 2011 at 11:34 am

I just did a mental check list to determine how many ingredients I already have for this recipe!

Baking Serendipity May 28, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Love cilantro in summer recipes :) Your salad looks fantastic! As for work-out gear, I love Under Armor’s heat gear. Living in Phoenix, I seriously need it and have become addicted to working out in it during the hot summer months.

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner May 28, 2011 at 12:37 pm

YUM!!!!! Angela, I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!!!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 28, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I am SO in the mood for some cilantro! Thanks for posting! Also, I thought of you. I tried my first yoga class yesterday. I think I might have to do that more often; it felt great.

Irini May 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm

That salad looks amazing! I’m def making it tonight, but thinking of sub’ing kale for spinach? Hopefully it turns out ok :S
I’m also addicted to hot yoga, and Moksha is my go-to place for it (before agreeing to move for work I actually checked to see if there was a Moksha studio in town…yup, I’m hooked). Adidas clima-cool shirts and UnderArmour tnp tanks are the best for my practice I found.

Jenny May 28, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I’m gonna try some of these out too! Right now I am on the lookout for a sports bra that breathes well…I feel like my cheap little sports bras aren’t supporting me right and are making me break out with holding all the sweat in. Sorry if that’s TMI but I know others have dealt with this issue! :)

caitlin May 28, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I love love love Oprah! She is such an incrdible woman and a huge inspiration!

Amber K May 28, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I just made it for lunch. Yummy! I’m defniitely going to experiment with it a bit to my liking, but a winner!

[email protected] May 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I definitely like lululemon’s wunder pants–it’s like, the only one I use haha! (just 1 pair) :P

Jena May 28, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I often wear the Lulu Power-Y, and also the Lulu sports bra that matches the shape (Flow-Y or something its called??) I fine it is great for wicking sweat.

bitt of raw May 28, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Do you realize your site has an ad up for Tyson chicken?

denise May 28, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Hi Angela,

I am a forty-something reader and love your blog. I am a full-time mom of five. Just wanted you to know that I made your roasted potato and asparagus salad tonight for dinner. All five of my kids (ages 17 to 6) loved your salad!!! That is a rare thing when all five give something a thumbs up! Maybe I will try one of quinoa salads next!! lol

Kristen May 28, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Hey Angela,

I am a Yoga Instructor in Chicago. Just wanted to say that I enjoy your blog and you should try Zobha Clothing, it’s awesome at wicking away sweat and keeping you dry after a heated yoga class!

Lorin May 29, 2011 at 12:54 am

what type of food processor do you use? I’m thinking of getting one because so many people have great recipes I want to try but require a food processor like the vegan ice cream!
Thanks :)

Katie (Sweet Tater) May 29, 2011 at 6:07 am

lululemon power y all.the.way.

VegWhoHatesTogu May 29, 2011 at 8:08 am

Mmmmm! I love chick peas! This looks so delicious! Can’t wait to make this recipe :)

allison May 29, 2011 at 8:26 am

Cilantro+lime is such an awesome combo! Put it on chickpeas and its beyond awesome!! I need to go soak some beans and make this. Too bad my roommate’s dog dug up most of my cilantro:(

Melissa Weber May 29, 2011 at 11:12 am

Hi Angela,
So I am new to your website and I am loving it. My friend was telling me about it and im loving your deserts. I just made your chocolate cupcakes last night. Anyway I was reading your post about tank tops and I love doing zumba and I sweat like crazy to. I have loved the Danskin line at walmart. I don’t feel like a sponge when I am done. they are inexpensive and I love them also because they have a place to put your ipod if you want to go running or what not. Thanks for all your great recipes. Can’t wait to try some more.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 29, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Thanks Melissa!

Mrs.CJ May 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

That salad looks delish!

mjam May 29, 2011 at 1:52 pm

i love your blog!!!!!

i go to a moksha yoga studio too. as an earlier commenter said, the perspiration-drenched clothes is part of the practice. yes, it is uncomfortable (and makes me wonder where all that liquid came from and how i am not dehydrated). anyway, another option for hot yoga outfit is joe fresh which you can find at loblaw’s or the real canadian superstore.

happy sweating!

Angela May 29, 2011 at 6:54 pm

YUM – this salad uses all my fave ingredients. Will very likely be trying it this week – thanks!!

Gary Wallenwein May 30, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Made up a batch this weekend. Everyone loved it. Alway like something healthy that whole family will eat. Thanks Again.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Glad you enjoyed it!

Lauren June 2, 2011 at 9:56 am

I made this last night and it is so yummy! Perfect for summer.

Jacqueline June 2, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Regarding your wicking workout wear – I absolutely love the Equator Tank by Athleta. You should check it out. Not many people know about Athleta either…

julie June 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm

made this with some cooked northern beans i had tonight and it was amazing! served with a veggie burger and strawberries for dessert – perfect summer meal. thank you for passing along all of your wisdom to us!

Rorey June 9, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Just made this very easily without a food processor and ate it on greens with an avocado. So good. Thanks for all of the amazing recipes. Love them!

Zarah June 16, 2011 at 4:19 am

Fantastic recipe! I am SOOOO gonna do this – and I am betting it’ll be my very mostest new fave! :D

Carmen May 18, 2012 at 1:41 am

Just made this! It is so delicious, even my cilantro hating boyfriend admitted to liking it. Definitely a recipe I’ll be revisiting!

Kendra June 1, 2012 at 10:43 am

LOVE this recipe! All I did was typed in the ingredients I had and VOILA! It brought me straight to this easy and delish recipe :) Thanks!

Jenny Nguyen June 24, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I tried this last week and loved it – a great lunch food that lasts for a few days :) thanks for sharing!

Jessica June 27, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Simple and super yummy!! I will definitely make this again!

Kiera August 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I just had this for lunch and it is absolutely delicious! Things I changed:

* used kale instead of spinach
* 1 tsp (rather than 2) of mustard.

Thanks for posting this!

Juuni August 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

This LOOKS delisious but I’m one of the people who hate hate hate cilantro (corriander). But I love citrus flavoured dressings so I’m thinking adding basil or parsley (as you mentionned) instead of the evil cilantro. It’s definetly a great way to get more spinach into my diet. I might try it tonight and see how it turns out :)

Simple recipes September 30, 2012 at 4:03 am

Great recipe, an ingredient that I really love. Hummus

Yosef - This American Bite February 13, 2013 at 11:17 am

I love those wooden bowls, where can I find some?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 13, 2013 at 1:39 pm

probably not what you want to hear, but I think I got them from a garage sale! ;)

Yosef - This American Bite February 13, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Isn’t that often the best way!

Kelbeldance April 7, 2013 at 1:09 am

This recipe is amazing and so easy to do!! I’ve made it several times and have given the recipe to several friends. The combination of the cilantro, garbanzo beans, spinach and cumin is wonderful. I’ve been making it with red onion lately and usually serve it over brown rice…YUM!! Thank you so much!

Joy August 25, 2014 at 5:29 pm

This is so good. I love chickpeas and all the other ingredients. I did add chopped celery for added crunch and chopped my spinach fine. I had to double the recipe it is that good after a taste.

melanie January 25, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I made this using quinoa, was super good!

Holly Jordan June 23, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I’ve been making your recipes for months, and this one looks amazing! Question though – any suggestions for food pairings other than rice? Just curious if you have made this with other sides. Thanks!

Amber September 29, 2015 at 9:38 pm

This is my go-to summer salad; it gets rave reviews every time I make it! A cilantro- and chickpea-lover’s dream!! Thank you!

Bee October 26, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Looks like this chickpea company took your photo and used the recipe word for word. Hope you granted them permission!

Kim December 28, 2015 at 7:17 am

Try Lucy or Orange Theory workout wear for yoga.

Carlie May 2, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Thanks for this fantastic recipe! Cilantro and chickpea are the gateway foods for my non vegetable eating boyfriend to happily, willingly consume spinach. No compromises here, everyone’s happy!

Angela Liddon May 3, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I’m glad everyone enjoys the recipe, Carlie! (Spinach included!)

Lauren May 22, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Hi !
I have been looking all over the internet today to find a recipe to use up all my cilantro,
I came across this recipe of yours, and I found it again on another website!
I don’t know if you allowed them to use it or what, but they didn’t credit you, so I just wanted to let you know it’s on there, because I would want to know if someone else was sharing my recipes.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 1, 2016 at 8:08 am

Thanks for letting me know Lauren!