How To Squash A Chocolate Craving in 80 Calories

IMG_6334

IMG_6239

We took advantage of the gorgeous weather last night and did some more deck work and gardening.

IMG_6246

I like to leave Eric some words of encouragement on the scrap wood. ;)

My plants seem to be adjusting well to the transplant!

IMG_6248

Some of the plants look like they have already grown an inch! The bell peppers seem to be sprouting up especially fast. I water them in the morning around 7am.

Sometimes there is singing involved.

Sometimes there is story telling involved. The spinach and kale already know their destiny (green monsters and kale chips).

I put 3 foot high chicken wire around both beds to hopefully keep out the bunnies, deer, etc. I can unhook it and open it up when I need to.

IMG_6181

Hopefully it helps…(but I think if an animal really wanted to get in there, it could!)

IMG_6182

Tonight, I’m going to buy some larger pots (mine are too small) and a trellis or two and get that all set up.

IMG_6252

When I came in last night, I was craving chocolate like mad.

I’m definitely the ‘typical female’ who gets intense chocolate cravings from time to time and nothing else can satisfy me until I have my fix. Normally, I just eat chocolate chips straight out of the bag (and end up eating way too many!), but last night I wanted to come up with a healthier fix for my chocolate cravings.

I instantly thought of my Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes that I enjoyed so much last summer. I figured that I could take this recipe and make it into a chocolaty version!

IMG_1820

In just 5 minutes of prep work, I had these intensely chocolaty cookies in the freezer just waiting to be enjoyed!

IMG_6334

They are super creamy, chocolaty, slightly sweet, chewy, pillowy (thanks to the banana) and a bit doughy. And the ingredient list and nutritional profile is quite impressive too.

Even when in the freezer overnight, they don’t firm up solid- they remain chewy, which means you can enjoy them anytime for a quick chocolate fix.

IMG_6335

Frosty No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Adapted from Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes.

Print this recipe!

Yield: 7 small cookies.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
  • 1 large banana
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp buckwheat groats (optional)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • Sweetener, if preferred

Directions:

1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for about 60 seconds being careful not to burn. Remove from microwave and stir so the rest of the chips melt.

2. Roughly chop the banana and mash it into the melted chips with a fork.

3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients into the chocolate & banana and stir very well until all oats are coated with chocolate.

4. Line a plate with parchment and drop about 7 cookies onto it. Alternatively, you can use muffin liners. Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm. Cookies will firm up, but they won’t become solid and will remain chewy. Leave in the freezer for a quick chocolate fix any time of the day! Makes 7 small cookies at 80 calories each.

IMG_6342

Nutritional Info (per cookie, makes 7):

• 80 kcals
  • 3 grams fat (1 gram sat)
  • 10 grams carbs
  • 2 grams fibre
  • 5 grams sugar
  • 2 grams protein

Not bad, right? :) The best part is that the cookies don’t taste like a ‘typical healthy cookie’ at all. These really did satisfy my chocolate cravings!

When I made the first batch, I made 4 cookies in muffin liners like I did with my glo cakes…

IMG_6295 IMG_6339

I prefer them as smaller cookies though because I get to eat more! For the second batch, I simply dropped 7 cookies onto a parchment paper lined plate and popped them in the freezer until firm.

IMG_6337

Oh, and I may have crumbled one on top of a bowl of Kamut Puffs this morning… Just throwing that out there. ;)

IMG_6334-2

1 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe May 25, 2011

Yay! I have everything I need to make these. I am a sucker for no-bake recipes, they’re ready to eat faster!

2 Lisa Fine May 25, 2011

Why don’t I have any chocolate chips in the house? These look like a great snack to have on hand. Maybe I’ll try to substitute the chips with some nut butter…not sure that it’ll work, but a chocolate-peanut butter-banana cookie would be good too.

Thanks! Enjoy your day. (And I love how every “possibly related post” is a deliciously chocolate recipe.) :)

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

Check out the original recipe I linked to- it sounds like you might have the ingredients for those! :)

4 Christine (Merf) May 25, 2011

The chicken wire will do a good job on the bunnies, but not the deer. The deer will just lean their little heads over and push the chicken wire down. We have deer that like to gobble my garden up. In the past I’ve used deer repellent but I’m trying to stop using chemicals in my garden. So, I don’t know what to do now.

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

haha yea I was thinking that! Thankfully we dont have a lot of deer, but just the odd one from time to time. :)

6 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 25, 2011

These look like little fudge bites! I’ve been looking for a treat to share with friends this weekend – can’t wait to try them.

I can’t get over how gorgeous your garden is. You must be so excited for it to being producing. :)

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 25, 2011

I can see these being very, VERY dangerous. You totally had me at “they remain chewy”…. and now I’m dreaming of chocolate. :) Have a great day Ange!

8 kate May 25, 2011

you are genius I might have to make these good thing I have everything on hand!

9 jenna May 25, 2011

yummy!! i made some similar a few months back but used pb and honey…yours sound less sugar-y!! :) can’t wait to whip up a batch!

10 Kelly May 25, 2011

I’m already thinking about adding peanut butter to these! I love knowing that there’s some kind of treat waiting in the freezer, too.

11 WIERDGREENMAN May 25, 2011

They look INSANE. I make similar cookies but with molasses.

12 Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) May 25, 2011

Those look so good! I am making those this week for sure! I eat chocolate chips right out of the bag too. I have a Costco size bag in my freezer. Ha ha.

13 Julie @ Shining From Within May 25, 2011

OMG. You posted this recipe just in time. I have been having the most INTENSE chocolate cravings ever.. perfect timing. :) My chocolate monster will be happy. Yummmmmm

14 Apron Appeal May 25, 2011

Ha ha, Just what I need…something to squash my coco cravings fast! I’m better if it takes time because then I’ll actually think about NOT eating it and just doing something else instead. But I guess if you’ve got to have it…:)

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

heh they do take 45 mins to firm up ;)

16 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods.com May 25, 2011

Love these! They sound like little chocolate pillows in heaven! Very healthy too!

17 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 25, 2011

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I EAT!!

18 Emily May 25, 2011

Yum!! I am definitely a chocolate craver too and am totally on the same page as you with the chocolate chips from the bag! Usually a small handful is satisfying for me but the healthy stats on these babies along with the fact that I have all those ingredients on hand makes me think I will be trying this recipe! :)

19 Richelle May 25, 2011

I miss having a garden. Those chocolate cookies would definitely squash my chocolate cravings!

20 Johanna May 25, 2011

I’m not a big fan of oats in my cookies — do you think this would work if you ground up the oats first? Thanks!

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

yup! I do think it would work.

22 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life May 25, 2011

Those are gorgeous, as is your beautiful carden!

23 Faith @ lovelyascharged May 25, 2011

Looks absolutely perfect – sweet but not filled with ridiculous amounts of sugar!

24 VeggieGirl May 25, 2011

Oh my… can you sell those in the Glo Bakery? :D

25 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 25, 2011

Very awesome! Thank you! I love that it only makes seven; that’s one for every day of PMS week. :)

26 Picky Nicky May 25, 2011

Those sound so perfect for summer! I always crave anything coffee and chocolate like a madwoman :D <3

27 Charlotte @ Weekends So Sweet May 25, 2011

Yum! I love how the title of this post made it so I HAD to read it. Can’t wait to try these out!

28 Kelly May 25, 2011

I made the sour cream and onion kale chip recipe you posted the other day.. it was AWESOME. Even my boyfriend who, when I told him I was making kale chips said they sounded disgusting, loved them. I think he ate more than I did, thanks for the link! These look good too… looks like I know what I’m making next.

29 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 25, 2011

Those look really good and super simple to make.

My dad is coming over this weekend to help me with some planting. I’m excited to get started!

30 Heather (heathers dish) May 25, 2011

I’m making these tonight! They sound and look insanely chocolatey…perfect for dessert!

31 Kelly @foodiefresh May 25, 2011

Wow, those look so good! I wonder if I could make them individually or two at a time to keep from eating them all.

32 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 25, 2011

I have a recipe that’s similar…except I skip the banana and use PB :)

Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oat Snack Bars.
That’s the title on my site in case anyone reading is curious. I won’t link drop on ya :)

These look great, Angela!

And I am such a fan of nobake, fast, easy snacks…as you know, the avg person (me included) loves to look at pretty, long, complicated recipes but the reality is, it’s often the easy and quick stuff that actually gets made in one’s own kitchen. Like these…yummmm!

33 Shanna, Like Banana May 25, 2011

Mmm, yum. My hubby and I love no-bake cookies, but they only seem to show up around Christmas time!

34 tea-bag May 25, 2011

oh these look great! i might leave out the chocolate chips & add in choc protein powder. thank you!

35 blanche July 28, 2015

I am thinking of adding a tablespoon crunchy PB, just for added protein ,

36 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 25, 2011

Yes! I have all the necessary ingredients, except the buckwheat groats which you said is optional :) Off to make them!

37 Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland May 25, 2011

Oh. Em. Gee. These are happening in my kitchen tonight. Hopefully I can control myself for the one hour they need to freeze. haha.

38 Jillian May 25, 2011

Genious! I love any quick healthy cookie recipe!

39 Jillian May 25, 2011

Genious! I love any quick healthy cookie recipe!

40 Lauren at Keep It Sweet May 25, 2011

These look wonderful, what a perfect snack!

41 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather May 25, 2011

Those look just like my no bake cookies! Yum, I totally want to keep a stash of those in my freezer!

42 my little celebration May 25, 2011

Yum! Those look soooo good! I love no bakes and this looks like a much healthier version.

43 Amy May 25, 2011

Yummy! I make something similar, but use nut butter and cocoa powder. These are my daughters favorite cookies!

44 Mareah May 25, 2011

Looks delicious! I know all about chocolate cravings — it is so true that sometimes nothing else can make you feel satisfied! Thanks for sharing!

45 janet May 25, 2011

Something must be in the air, because I had chocolate cravings yesterday too!

I love how you are keeping the bunnies at bay with the mesh. I should do that too. I hope raccoons don’t like kale as much as me!!

46 Rebecca May 25, 2011

I didn’t even know I was craving chocolate till I saw these :) I must make them. TODAY.
I made your healthy strawberry jam bars the other week and they turned out So SO good. That’s a great springtime recipe! I just loved serving people a delicious healthier treat. It’s definitely going on my dessert (and snack and breakfast!) rotation :) Thanks for creating such yummy recipes I can feel good about eating!

47 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn May 25, 2011

Omg I am in love. These are so darn deliciouslooking!

48 Emily @ Write Twenty Eleven May 25, 2011

These look like my favorite cookies that my mom used to make when i was a kid!

49 Eat Hike Sleep Repeat May 25, 2011

I put up an 8 ft wire fence around my little garden. It was really just a preventative thing. I know there are lots of bunnies, but wasn’t sure about deer. Sure enough, the other morning 4 little ones traipsed through the yard. Darn cute, but they are eating machines! They did a number on my Japanese maple and then wandered past the garden… Ha! Foiled! They kept going to raid the neighbours garden.

Thanks for the mid week chocolate fix.

50 Marci May 25, 2011

Yum going on the must try list! I also like your no-bake cookie dough balls for a chocolate treat.

51 Clare @ Fitting It All IN May 25, 2011

This is so perfect! I’m totally guilty of eating too many chocolate chips out of the bag too, so I love that I now have a quicky healthier alternative for my chocolate cravings

52 Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen May 25, 2011

Yumm these look fantastic!

53 LizAshlee May 25, 2011

These remind me of No Bake Cookies minus peanut butter and with a banana…a great idea to keep the calories & fat down!

I think it is best to satisfy the chocolate craving ASAP…There have been times when I try to have another treat in place and that just means I usually eat ALL of that treat and then end up giving in later & making something with chocolate! The other week, case in point…I ended up making some coconut peanut butter & almond butter bites that were amazing & also satisfied my chocolate craving. Note to self, next time make something chocolate-y immediately! I will definitely be copying this recipe to try!

Have a fantastic day!

54 Carly May 25, 2011

These look great! I recently went gluten free and your flourless chocolate cookies saved me from downing a bag of chocolate chips last night!

55 Sara May 25, 2011

First time commenting here….

These look delicious! I love a chocolatey treat that won’t kill my day and the fact that I can put them in the freezer and they stay slightly chewy is a huge plus!

56 Heidi @ Food Doodles May 25, 2011

Yum :) Love your frosty glo cakes so I’ll loooove these. We always have a stock of those cakes in the freezer and we eat them like granola bars :D

57 Shrinking Diva May 25, 2011

Angela, i love your blog and these cookies look yum yum yummy! Also, your garden is beautiful, i know you’re going to have a great summer with it! Thanks for all the inspiration. I suffer from binge-eating disorder, and your blog has been huge in my recovery. Thank you.

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

Thank you!

59 Ashley May 25, 2011

All the ingredients are in my pantry, and these are getting made after I have my morning coffee!

60 Sarah May 25, 2011

These look great and so easy!

61 Maggie @asliceofwonderbread May 25, 2011

O my goodneed these looks great. Per usual saving your recipes as my favorite. Also , your gardens look amazing. Great job. Cant wait to see what the summer brings.

62 Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 25, 2011

Those looks so good..and will take no time to make. Definitely re loading on my chocolate chips so I can make these!

63 Sarah May 25, 2011

Yum! I’ve been looking for foods I can make in bulk and then freeze.
Am I reading this right- the only sweeteners are the chocolate chips and the banana? If so, I’m even more excited to make these!

64 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious May 25, 2011

I too am a typical girl with regular sweet cravings! These look awesome ~ I can’t wait to try them.

65 Moni'sMeals May 25, 2011

SAY WHAT! Yes maam I am in. These look easy enough and delicious! I have a similiar no bake recipe to these, but a bit more ingredients so I will try yours for sure. I like less is more!

That garden is lookin mighty fine!

66 Geosomin May 25, 2011

Mmmm. These are a healthy version of the treates my mum used to make when I was little. thanks!
Good idea with the chicken wire. We used to have raised gardens at the lake and the bunnues would come and eat all the best parts of our garden if we didn’t have the wire up. Flowers without the coloured flower part just don’t look so nice :)

67 Sarah @ veggie-kids.blogspot.com/ May 25, 2011

Okay, where were you last night when I needed that recipe!!? I had a major chocolate craving last night at 10pm (ridiculous, really) so I decided to try Gwyneth Paltrow’s recipe from her new cookbook. After licking the spoon and waiting 30 minutes for it to bake my craving had passed but now I’m prepared for the chocolate attack today! (By the way, I wasn’t impressed by the recipe…maybe I’m a brownie snob!) Your yummy recipe sounds great and I love that it’s easy.
Sarah
veggie-kids.blogspot.com

68 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola May 25, 2011

Omigosh these look AMAZING! I have been wanting to try your Glo cakes and now I really have to try these delicious looking cookies!!

69 Shah'ada May 25, 2011

I love how your treat recipes often make just enough and not a million and one cookies. SO trying this today!!!

70 Jenny$1983 May 25, 2011

Oh wow … I got up and made these as soon as I saw them! I ordered some groats after you used them in VOO, I was so pleased to be able to use them in this recipe! I made six, to fit in my silicone muffin pan, and I’ve just eaten one while reading the comments – they are so, so yummy! The person who said there’s something in the air must be psychic, I’m feeling it too! I’ve been using Averie’s (loveveggiesandyoga.com) Coconut Oil Chocolate to quench it (along with my tweak to it of making mint chocolate by replacing the vanilla extract with peppermint extract), it just melts so perfectly in my mouth that it satisfies me and one tiny piece is enough! This is amazing to me as I’m recovering from disordered eating, and I haven’t eaten intuitively since I was about nine years old: having one tiny piece and genuinely not wanting any more kind of blows my mind :)

Thank you for this recipe, it is pure genius ;) And your garden is great, I aspire to have something like it one day :)

71 Leah May 25, 2011

Look delish! I always just go for the chocolate…seems to work and satisfy the craving!

72 Alyssa Lemus May 25, 2011

yummy! thank you for this! I love quick fixes like this it helps me not reach for a mini bite size snickers! :)

73 Lisa May 25, 2011

No Bake cookies are one of my specialties. I absolutely LOVE them. But they are dangerous to have in the house. I can seriously eat like 10 in one sitting…which is more like 800 calories. :D

74 Julia Andrus Williams May 25, 2011

Oh man – those look amazing! I’m always looking for ways to quell my cravings with just 80 calories. Thanks for sharing!

75 Jenny May 25, 2011

I’ve been told that if you sprinkle cayenne pepper on your plants and garden it will keep the animals away. They may try and take a nibble at first but once they taste the cayenne they back off :)

76 shani May 25, 2011

do you have any recommendations for a banana substitute?

77 kaila @ healthy helper! May 25, 2011

I made your original frosty no bake bars last year and loved them! So I can’t wait to try these!

78 Charissa May 25, 2011

We just made similar cookies a couple days ago…I’ve been meaning to make a healthy version of the Chocolate Odies, but you beat me to it! ;) These looks so good!

And your garden looks beautiful. Are you doing the square foot gardening method, or are those just raised beds?

79 Alison May 25, 2011

mmmm.. these look like a healthier version of unbaked cookies my mom used to make! I think I may have to try this recipe soon! Sad thing is my husband is allergic to oats :( I wonder if there is something else I can substitute?

80 Nicole May 25, 2011

Just popped mine into the freezer- can’t wait to enjoy one for my preworkout snack!

81 Julia May 25, 2011

Mmm, looks delicious! But since when are you back to counting?

82 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

Hi Julia, I don’t ‘count’ calories, but I do like to be mindful of the nutritional profile of the treats I consume. Hope that clarifies!

83 Julia May 25, 2011

It does, thanks:)

84 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition May 25, 2011

i just made them and started eating the batter. So good!

85 Amber K May 25, 2011

Yummy! My personal favorite combination ever is peanut butter, chocolate, and banana. And all can be put into these!

86 Ellie@fitforthesoul May 25, 2011

I really like this! squash it in 80 calories ehhh? sounds good to me~especially when it’s later in the evening haha

87 Aska@findingmyhappyending May 25, 2011

Yum!! I can’t wait to make these!

88 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 25, 2011

omg, now I want chocolate… and we’re in the car on our way to vacation. Hmm need to get me some chocolate ASAP until I can make these. They look delicious, Angela! Way to go with the gardening, it’s coming together really nicely :)

89 Katherine May 25, 2011

I think I just died and went to heaven! These look amazing!

90 Beth May 25, 2011

I am definitely making your Frosty No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, and I’m sure they won’t last long ;)

91 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 25, 2011

omg I’m so excited to try these! I love how low-cal they are, and I especially love that they are no-bake! Great for lil ol college me!

92 Jessica May 25, 2011

Hi Angela–
I’ve read one of your posts stating that you do not use or consume Stevia–just wondering if there was a specific reason why not you could share with me…thanks! :0) Love everything you do, and especially your high-energy optimism!

93 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

im not really fond of the taste :)

94 Kelsey @ Clean Teen Kelsey May 25, 2011

Wow, these look sooo good! I want them ASAP! Haha. They’re a lot like no-bakes, which were my favorite cookies growing up. :)

95 Stefanie May 25, 2011

If only I had chocolate chips. Those cookies look good and perfect to keep in the freezer for crazy chocolate cravings. Your garden looks lovely. Hopefully you didn’t scare the kale by telling it its fate and it not grow.

96 Abby White@Eat, Drink and Be Aware May 25, 2011

Oh my those look good! I remember making something like this when I was little but as I recall they had “corn syrup” in them…. Bear Claws! These are a great cleaned up version and I think I am going to have to make some today. Love your blog!

97 Nichole (Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion) May 25, 2011

My yard is fenced in so I don’t think any deer will be able to get in my garden this year. I am planning on planting outside this weekend – hoping for nice weather! I am most worried about my own dogs jumping into the garden and eating my plants! They will have to be watched! haha
Love the no bake chocolate cookies and especially love that I have everything on hand at home to make these – should a craving arise! :)

98 Mercedees @ Cultivating Consciousness May 25, 2011

I have a weakness for no-bake cookies. I shouldn’t even say cookies because usually I dont even make them into cookie form….. I just glob them into a bowl and go to town!!! Thank you for offering me a guilt-free(ish) version!!!

99 Justeen @ Blissful Baking May 25, 2011

These look awesome. I REALLY could have used these yesterday. I had a serious chocolate craving, and definitely consumed more than 80 calories trying to satisfy it. :)

100 Baking 'n' Books May 25, 2011

Whoa…this is much healthier than picking up a package of Farmer’s Market Chocolate-Chip cookies from Loblaws…which I typically do…oye ;)

101 The Teenage Taste May 25, 2011

I’ve already made your original no-bake glow cakes a few times and love them. I’m loving this chocolate version a little bit more, though! :-)

102 Ashley May 25, 2011

Wow!! I absolutely love the look of those cookies!! So thick + shiny. :) Looks like things in the yard are progressing well!!!

103 ellalinea May 25, 2011

Oh dear, on word: droooooooooooooooooooooooool!!

They look amazing! :)

104 ellalinea May 25, 2011

Oh dear, one word: droooooooooooooooooooooooool!!

They look amazing! :)

105 Mac May 25, 2011

On my list of things to try! Can you keep them in the freezer for more than an hour if you’re not going to eat them all in one day or do they get too hard or something?

106 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 25, 2011

These will be so refreshing once the summer heat hits us (IF it ever hits us – it’s been such a cold spring!).

107 Olya May 25, 2011

Those look delicious! I’ll be making them today.
We’re building a permanent fence around our vegetable beds to prevents chickens coming in and eating all the spinach and lettuce.

108 megan @ the oatmeal diaries May 25, 2011

Ooh! I feel like you wrote this post just for me =P

109 Sam May 25, 2011

I just ran out to buy dark chocolate chips and cocoa powder to make this. I can’t wait! I bet they would be even more amazing with some peanut butter thrown in there.

110 Jeanine May 25, 2011

I made these! I didn’t have any chocolate chips so I made my own chocolate using a tweaked recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (her PMS chocolate except I make mine with coconut butter instead of oil). I also used a 1/2 cup of puffed kamut and 1/4 cup rolled oats instead for more volume with slightly less calories. If anyone wants to make their version with homemade coconut-based chocolate I also advise adding a bit of water to give the chocolate a melted consistency as mine would not melt in the microwave.

Anyway, I love your blog Angela! I’ve made quite a few of your recipes before and you never disappoint! I’m actually making the enchiladas with avocado cream on Friday night. Very much excited.

111 Kaleigh May 25, 2011

These are amazing…and so ironic, because i just bought buckwheat groats for the first time! I love dessert snacks that are safe for me to bring into school and these fit the bill (no nuts)! I certainly do not want to be the reason why I have to jab a kid with an epi pen!

112 Alaina May 25, 2011

I have all of these ingredients! I just got my order of chia seeds and I’m so excited to use them! :-)

Cannot wait to make these! My roommates will love me.

113 Kelsey H May 25, 2011

it’s like you can read my tummy’s craving or something!

114 Ali May 25, 2011

Thanks for this – I love the classic no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, but my daughter hates peanut butter, so this is a GREAT substitution!

115 Angela May 25, 2011

These look yummy and so healthy! Bookmarked to try soon… thank you! :)

116 Catherine May 25, 2011

I am salivating! And I happen to have all those ingredients on hand….

By the way, your no-bake almond chews still hold a dear place in my kitchen, and I shared the recipe recently with a bride-to-be at her shower. I think she’ll love them.

117 Babs May 25, 2011

Those look delish. If you dont follow Choc Covered Katie . . . you should go check out one of her recent posts on chickpea blondies. Made them and loved them (even my hubby did)

118 tina @ vanillandspice May 25, 2011

No bake wins me over every time. I love all your recipes but this one’s probably one of my favorites. Chocolate + easy + no bake couldn’t sound better.
Thanks for sharing!

119 Kathy May 25, 2011

I’m definitely a person who gets intense chocolate or sweet cravings once in a while! And these will totally save me! Thanks Angela ;)
However you come up with these, is out of my mind but thanks for your awesome creativity!

120 Lee May 25, 2011

I thought these were going to have squash in them from the title!

121 Char May 25, 2011

What an awesome little chocolatey creation. I think I’d love to add PB to them!!

122 Bethany May 25, 2011

Totally made these tonight, they were delish! I wonder if you could use all cocoa powder and some agave instead of chocolate chips, I’m going to have to try it!

123 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats May 25, 2011

Wow. Thank you so much for this recipe. I am going to make these right away! Chocolate cravings must be obeyed!

124 Stephanie May 25, 2011

Angela, you are a god… or should I say goddess. Chewy, no bake, chocolate-y cookies with wholesome ingredients? Damn. And you like kamut puffs? I think we’re like, related.
I totally lol-ed at the kale and spinach destiny thing too. :D

125 Sukee May 25, 2011

Can these live outside the freezer, or do they get all messy and fall apart? I need something to take on a road trip, and these sound perfect. I hope.

126 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 26, 2011

Nope they have to be kept chilled…sorry!

127 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 26, 2011

I needed one of these tonight. Instead, I went with homemade granola + (unsweetened) chocolate almond milk.

128 emma May 26, 2011

these are the perfect solution to those mad craving days! thanks Angela!

129 Barry May 26, 2011

Wow! It is hard to believe something that looks this good can be healthy as well. Now, if I can just find the kitchen. I know it’s here somewhere. Excellent job on the garden, Angela! For a real challenge, we try to grow something in Calgary. It can be a humbling experience.

P.S. I can see why your readers look so healthy and, well, I don’t ;-)

130 Valarie May 26, 2011

I can’t recall how I stumbled onto your website, but the first item I made was the Green Monster. I am still on the basic recipe (almond milk, hemp protein, flaxseed, nut butter, spinach, banana) but I am not tired of it yet. I’ll definitely be experimenting. Next I made the Lightened Up Goddess Bowl and it was delicious…and perfect for my lunches. Tonight I hope to make these cookies.

My mom, dad and stepmom were visiting this weekend and I turned them onto the Green Monsters…they are addictive. Thank you for providing easy, lightened, delicious and healthy options.

131 michele May 26, 2011

Mehhh, I just made these because they looked so delicious! But mine are bland, and very cold and icy. I had all the ingredients except the chia, so I put in some flax…I’ll end up eating them anyway cause I don’t want to throw them out!

132 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 26, 2011

I’m sorry to hear that! I think the chia seeds prevent them from becoming too frozen since they are so ‘gel-like’.
Also, various chocolate chip brands will vary a lot in flavour. It’s possible that yours were not as sweet as mine, so you might want to taste the batter and adjust to taste (you can add a bit of sweetener if needed) before popping them in the freezer. Hope this helps!

133 MD May 26, 2011

This looks SO good! I am finally venturing to try making some of your amazing looking recipes as I work toward being vegan.

Do you use unsweetened cocoa powder or sweetened for this recipe?

I am also really looking forward to making your gazpacho!

134 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 26, 2011

unsweetened :) but you can use whatever youd like!

135 Leslie May 26, 2011

I just made these and am impatiently waiting the 1 hour to try one. The batter tasted delcious so I’m sure the end result will be just as good. Thanks for another great recipe!!

136 Kira May 26, 2011

Those cookies just looked so fabulous I had to try them myself. I added a little cinnamon and a handful of raisins to the recipe and I have to say those cookies are fabulous. Everyone in the house loves them, they were a bit skeptical when I said they were vegan but once they tasted them people were instantly won over. These are for sure going to be a favorite summer treat around here, thanks so much for sharing your recipe!

137 Megan@eatmybeets May 27, 2011

WOW these look gooooood! I bet they’d be even better with some peanut butter smeared on top haha

138 Squash Blossom Babies May 27, 2011

Oh my gosh!!! I need that right now!!! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to try these!

139 Katy @fitinheels May 27, 2011

I was just drooling over these and noticed via Twitter that you are also from Toronto! Me, too! Where is your vegan bakery?? Go Canada :)

140 Katherine: Unemployed May 27, 2011

your recipes are so amazing

141 amy May 27, 2011

if i use chocolate chips that aren’t non-diary, should they work as well?

also, the “sweetener”, how much did you use and what?

142 Kathy May 28, 2011

Using non-diary chips work–I just made them with non-dairy chips!
Sweetner: Agave, maple syrup, honey, sugar, brown sugar, etc. Basically, anything that’s sweet :)
I would add a little at a time and tell by taste.

143 Kathy May 28, 2011

I made these just 30 minutes ago, and now I just ate one. They are delicious! With only 30 minutes in the freezer too…

144 kristin May 28, 2011

so fantastic! so quick and easy, love em! t

145 Jessica May 28, 2011

The first thing that went through my head when I saw those cookies was “Game On!” I used to love No-Bake Cookies when I was younger and haven’t made them for years. These look fantastic!! I’m going to the store ASAP and whipping up a batch.

146 Naomi22 May 28, 2011

I would love to make so many of these recipes but a lot of them have chai seeds which is hard to get hold of in the UK, any suggestions of an alternative?

147 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 29, 2011

Sometimes replacing chia seeds for ground flax can work, but other times it doesn’t…it really depends! Best of luck :)

148 Naomi22 May 30, 2011

Thank you Angela. I love all you recipes I’m going try try out a few! Found the chai seeds a bit expensive but I can get 1kg for £20 ( this includes postage and packaging so guess not too bad).

149 Cait's a Runnerchick May 29, 2011

I’m new to your website but have to tell you what an inspiring story you have and I’m so happy you are at last happy, in love, and at peace in your life! And there’s plenty more to come! Your recipes already have me drooling and I can’t wait to look at them all. I really stink at cooking so these no bake cookies got my attention right away. :)

I’m also a big fan of running and congrats on all you’ve accomplished on that front. Most importantly though you are actually enjoying it finally! Nothing feels like a big rush of endorphins you get after a great run/workout.

Happy to have found your blog and looking forward to more! Oh, and who doesn’t love little notes of encouragement left on wood? ;)

150 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 30, 2011

Thank you for your kind words!

151 Amy May 30, 2011

I JUST madfe these and they were delicious! I added in some peanut butter and a few chopped cherries too. Mmmmm! :)

152 Sara May 30, 2011

wow these look amazing! Can the chia seeds be omitted? expensive ingredient is expensive ;)

153 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 30, 2011

think the chia seeds help them hold together and also keep them chewy instead of getting rock hard. Someone commented above who left them out and wasnt happy with the results.

154 Melanie May 31, 2011

So remember the other day when I said i’d propose to you if i was married to my carnivore (blah!) husband? Well, I changed my mind. Will you marry me??? Pleaseeeeee! I made these yesterday. OhhhhEmmmGeeee!!! these were so yummy!! Only thing is mine didnt stay chewy they froze *hmph* but * light bulb* i let them sit out and get to room temperature. holy fudgeiness batman. i ate 3 in a row o.O i love you! true story.

155 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 31, 2011

Hah u r hilarious! Wonder why yours froze? Did you follow the recipe exactly? I’m wondering if some chocolates firm up more than others…

156 Melanie June 1, 2011

the only thing i left out were the groats cause i didnt have any. it could be the chocolate *hmmm*

157 Kayla @ Fitter Than Choc June 2, 2011

Angela!! These are awesome!! I made it recently, but used dark chocolate instead:) I’ve also added some shredded coconut, and it was wonderful. It was love at first bite for me!! Thanks for the lovely recipe:)

Ps. I did a post about this on my blog too:)

158 Amy June 4, 2011

I literally started making these before I even finished reading the post. With regular chocolate chips, peanut butter and ground flax (I have no chias). We’ll see what happens!

159 Ann June 22, 2011

These are delicious! I made (and posted about them) today. Such a wonderful combination of chocolate and banana, and the oats and chia give them a little heft. Of course, since they are 80 calories, I ate two. And clearly I need to take a look at your light box directions, because photographing chocolate is hard!

160 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2011

Aww thanks, I’m happy u enjoyed them!

161 Kathy Briggs May 2, 2012

My grandson was just diagnosed with a milk allergy. He is only 6 and Loves Chocolate. I was told a vegan diet was the way to go! I hope so, I can’t believe how many things have dairy in them! I hope he outgrows it, but in the meantime, this will help out a lot!

162 Amanda Stevens May 31, 2012

Amy ideas for a banana substitute? My daughter has an intolerance.

163 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 2, 2012

hmm im not sure Amanda…that is a tough one! I want to say pureed avocado but you’d have to use a lot more sweetener to mask the taste.

164 Shea June 2, 2012

I want to make these but I don’t have bananas or chia seeds :( is there anything I can substitute or should I just wait until I can pick some up?
They look absolutely delicious though! I’ve fallen in love with this website (:

165 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

I don’t know of any subs unfortunately. Thanks for your kind words about the blog!

166 Anna June 7, 2012

Could you substitute the cocoa for carob powder?
Thanks.

167 Carin June 16, 2012

These are made even more amazing if you put a pinch of sea salt on each one before you put them in the freezer!

168 Kim Ellis June 21, 2012

what would be a good substitute for the banana? My daughter is allergic to them. (Please do not suggest any type of nut butter – allergic to that too!)

169 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2012

Hi Kim, I’m sorry I don’t know of a substitute.

170 Anna July 23, 2012

These look great! What could I sub for the banana? I’m trying to avoid high-sugar fruits. Would unsweetened applesauce work? Or is there a way to avoid adding fruit altogther?

171 Anna July 23, 2012

Whoops! Just saw the comment above mine. Nevermind.

172 Rita August 16, 2012

Made it for my husband and it turned out really good! I used a raspberry flavoured dark chocholate and it added a really great taste to it.
I’ve just stumbled upon your website and found many healthy recipes that i wanna try for sure :) Congratulations! :)

173 jackie August 22, 2012

ugh.
i made these, and they are great even without any sugar, and i’ve eaten over half of them.
and i was like, “oh, this is great, her portion sizes are small in the recipe so i don’t have a million cookies that i can eat all at once…”
but i still have too many for one sitting! no self control!!
anyway, thanks for the great recipe, and all of your other ones (like weekend glow kale salad and squash curry red lentil stew which i have been eating every day all week and feeling great). your blog is my favorite!!

174 Ayanna January 26, 2013

Thanks for an awesome recipe! I used PB2 instead of cocoa powder. Yummy!

175 Vegan Radhika Sarohia January 27, 2013

Okay I gotta try making these…

176 Kristin Roman March 3, 2013

I love your blog! The recipes definitely fit into my lifestyle and the variety you provide provide endless choices! I love your Frosty No-bake Chocolate Oat cookies! :)

177 kim May 27, 2013

Wow! Just made these..they are delish!! So easy, and actually pretty healthy :) Thank you so much!!

Just one question, so I just keep them in the freezer? How long do you think they’re good for? Although, they likely go quickly :)

178 Emily Maureas July 9, 2013

This is the first recipe I’ve made from your site. It was super easy and very delicious. I love it! Can’t wait to try more!

179 Heather November 22, 2013

If I do want to add sweetener to this recipe, say maple syrup, how much approx should I add?

Tx,
Heather

180 Juliet February 18, 2014

Hi Angela, just tried these and they are unbelievable! So yummy. Wondering if I could add almond butter to these and if you could suggest how much? Thanks for your delicious recipes!

181 Gabrila August 21, 2014

Ahhhh, this looks yum! Definitely a great chocolate alternative! Thanks :).

182 Radience October 3, 2014

This is great! My two year old likes it! Thanks for the great recipe! :)

183 Isabella November 4, 2014

Oh my Glowness! So yummy!

I also made a batch using a scoop of hemp protein, quinoa flakes, and Oh she glows…
raspberry chia seed jam (sweetened with stevia)
I increased the cocoa just slightly….

It was a treat to have them during our day hike

Thank-you Angela for sharing the your glow …..

184 Erin July 20, 2015

Made these tonight, had everything on hand (except chia which I replaced with flax seeds). WOW! These are amazing, my new summer dessert go-to. And they literally took 3 minutes to make. Thanks Angela, another win!