Gazpacho

IMG_5959

I went 27 years of my life never making Gazpacho and in the past 2 weeks I’ve made it 3 times.  I blame hot yoga and my crazy water cravings. ;)

Gazpacho is a cold Spanish tomato-based raw vegetable soup, originating in the southern region of Andalusia. Gazpacho is widely consumed throughout Spain, neighboring Portugal (where it is known as gaspacho) and parts of Latin America. Gazpacho is mostly consumed during the summer months, due to its cold temperature and acidic bite.” [source]

Gazpacho is not only refreshing and light during the Spring and Summer months, but it is packed with healthy ingredients- a ‘salad in a blender’ if you will. I just can’t get enough of it!

My first attempt…was not something I’m proud of. I learned a very important lesson when making Gazpacho- go EASY on the raw garlic! Lesson #1 learned. I did keep away the vampires though.

I also found out that blending spinach and basil with tomatoes produces a lovely puke green colour…

IMG_5889

Lesson #2 learned. Avoid puke green.

My second attempt was better and I loved my third attempt, so I‘m sharing it with you today. I can’t think of a better way to kick off the Victoria Day long weekend than by sitting down to a fresh bowl of chilled Gazpacho. After all, it just may balance out all that beer we will be drinking!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

IMG_5949

Gazpacho

Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no bake/raw, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free

By

5 from 2 reviews

This is the perfect soup to serve on a hot summer day. Bonus points if you are eating outside! Lastly, this recipe makes a lot - almost 8 cups worth. I find the recipe just fits in my 64-ounce Vitamix. If you are using a smaller blender, I recommend blending it in batches before mixing it all together at the end.

Yield
7-8 cups
Prep Time
Cook time
0 Minutes
Total Time

Ingredients:

• 1.5 pounds tomatoes (I used 6 small), roughly chopped & core removed
  • 1 medium red pepper, roughly chopped & seeds removed
  • 1 English cucumber (1lb.), peeled & roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 2 cups low-sodium vegetable cocktail (I like using R.W. Knudsen Family “Very Veggie”) or tomato juice
  • 1/4-3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
  • Red pepper flakes & Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp each)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley (optional, I skip this sometimes)
  • 1.5-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, to taste

Directions:

1. Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic clove, lime juice, and vegetable cocktail (or tomato juice) into a blender and blend until smooth.2. Now add the rest of the seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, vinegar) slowly and adjust to taste.3. Chill for 2-4 hours, or overnight.4. Garnish with chopped peppers, green onion, black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil just before serving.

Tips:

Note: If your blender is small you might have to cut this batch in half so it won’t overflow. I made mine in the Vitamix and it just fit. Makes about 7 cups.

Some of you asked if I could show some before and afters using my new 5-in-1 Reflector Kit. This morning it was actually sunny, so I busted out the diffusion disc for this shoot.

One of the best photography tips I ever learned was taught to me by my wedding photographer, Dave Biesse. I was excited that it was sunny for our outdoor engagement shoot and he said bright sunlight is actually the worst condition to shoot in (unless of course you are going for a certain kind of look). The sun creates a very harsh-looking photo if you aren’t careful.

Case in point: this produce was shot in direct sunlight. It looks harsh and shadowy.

IMG_5925

Check out the same shot, using my diffusion disc placed in front of the window. Quite the difference. You can see that the glare is gone.

IMG_5924

Another direct sunlight shot:

IMG_5921

With diffusion disc…much better!

IMG_5923

I’m happy to have a diffusion disc now because I used to have to move my table out of the sunlight and it was pretty annoying to keep shuffling everything around. Now I can just place the disc in front of the window and shoot away.

I also thought I would show you the first shot of the Gazpacho that I took:

IMG_5927

Boring. Bland. Not exciting at all. It really doesn’t do this vibrant gazpacho any justice, does it?

I decided to play up the yellow pepper garnish, and I added these yellow rimmed plates (a birthday gift from Morgan!)

IMG_5932

It was an improvement, but the black background still wasn’t doing it for me. It was too serious and sombre looking for this playful soup.

I tried this placemat:

IMG_5942

Still not crazy about it!

Then, I decided to add some props (tomatoes and parsley) and a new placemat…

IMG_5969-4

It really started to come together when I did this.

In this photo, I tilted the placemat so that the lines create more movement in the photo. I still don’t feel that skilled with food photography, but practice definitely helps! I would love to take a food photography workshop someday.

IMG_5960

Before:                                                                                 After:

IMG_5927  IMG_5959

Moral of the story: Play with your food. :)

And go have yourself a great Friday!

1 Lisa Fine May 20, 2011

Love the “play with your food” photos. While I like to take food photographs, I don’t think I have the patience to take a lot of them…I just stick to taking a few and picking the best ones.

I love gazpacho, but I’m going to wait until we have garden tomatoes and herbs before I make some. Yum!

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 20, 2011

The soup looks amazing… I’m just no good at waiting over night before I get to eat something!

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

You can also serve it immediately with an ice cube mixed in :)

4 Jenn from Much to My Delight May 20, 2011

I love the way you set up your food shots. I wish I had more time to play (and more natural light to play around with!) I’ve never made gazpacho, but it really is a great summer dish. I recently came across a recipe for mango-spacho that I’m gonna give a whirl soon. Should be able to avoid the puke green color with that one!

Have a great weekend, Angela!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

Mmm I came across a mango gazpacho yesterday too! I can’t wait to make it. :)

6 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 20, 2011

WOAH the after is SO much better!! ive never made gazpacho! i always thought it would be sUPER DUPEr challenging !

7 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats May 20, 2011

Love the before and after contrast :)

8 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 20, 2011

I love gazpacho in the summer! So refreshing. I usually have to place my food very precariously on our balcony ledge to get photos with a little natural light… So worth it to play with your food for a good shot. :)

9 Erin May 20, 2011

Yum! I can’t wait to try this! Hubby has turned his nose up at cold soups in the past, but I’ll keep trying!

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

Eric doesn’t like cold soup either, but Im convinced he will enjoy this one! heh

11 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 20, 2011

Great photos! This looks so delicious!

12 katie May 20, 2011

your photo setups are awesome! I’m hoping to start collecting more bowls, placemats, and rustic looking cookware to experiment with my photography.

13 Suzanne Williams May 20, 2011

Looks amazing! Would like to try this, need something light and healthy for summer. You just can’t have things too heavy in the heat.
Suzanne Williams

14 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 20, 2011

Good call on reworking the “puke green” bowl – LOL!

I love gazpacho, but have never attempted my own. This will be in my rotation now. :)

15 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 20, 2011

Angela I love seeing the food photography shoot evolve and what you did to tweak and change things. The final images are gorgeous! The placemat is awesome (I think I’ve seen it before in other shoots as well as the burlap-ish looking one…both of which seem extremely!! versatile and I am on the hunt for something like that too!)

I have a set of pink and white bowls and plates that end up in half my shoots lately. I need to expand my earth toned props/colors like you have. I wish I could raid your prop closet :) When I took my photography & food styling class w/ Matt & Adam at their studio it pretty much was like dying and going to foodie photographer heaven. The choices. I can’t even describe to you!! You’d never leave California if you saw it :)

Direct lighting being harsh..yes! Just shot a smoothie poolside in Aruba in the middle afternoon sun and the lighting was so harsh and shadowy that I had to really tone things down in editing and still impossible to get rid of all the shadows.

I have a camera question for you. Gonna email you…

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

If we lived close we could do a prop exchange! I need new ones…Ive worn out the same 4 in every shot..haha. I think T & FG will start rejecting me solely based on old props. ;)

17 Jeanne May 20, 2011

Angela,

I’ve been loving the posts, especially the information on hot yoga. Is the hot yoga that you do similar to Bikram?

Two silly questions. Do you like the Vita Mix (is it worth saving for)? And…I don’t have a food processor, what kind do you use?

Hope you will be enjoying warm, dry weather for your long weekend!

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

I have a 12 cup kitchen aid processor and it works good…no major complaints.
I also do think the vitamix is worth it if you make lots of smoothies, gazpachos, sauces, etc.
Some people say it is a more kind form of bikram. It is not as rigid as Bikram because the class poses can change up a bit and there is more variation. I do want to try a Bikram class someday because I think it would apppeal to my love of discipline!

19 Janet May 20, 2011

Have you tried watermelon gazpacho??? Its amazing for a snack after hot yoga!! I got my recipe from Raw Food Real World.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Your website and blog I follow you everyday. I’m from Langley BC I check you out first thing each day. I just became vegan Feb 1st this year went from a hardcore carnivore to full on vegan cold turkey.

Thank you for your inspiration each day :-)

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

hank you Janet!

I have not tried it but cant wait!

21 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 20, 2011

WOW Ange, these photos are SO gorgeous!!!! The soup looks delicious and I’m not really a cold soup sort of gal, but I bet even your puke green one was good! :)

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

Thanks Ange!

23 Heather (heathers dish) May 20, 2011

I HEART gazpacho…it’s heaven on a hot day ( or after a hot yoga class!)!!!

24 Katie May 20, 2011

Beautiful photos, but more importantly, the soup! I LOVE gazpacho. I have never blended it though. I like to leave mine nice and chunky, but I bet throwing everything into the vitamix is a lot faster!

25 Tania May 20, 2011

I made gazpacho for the first time last summer and it was gone in 30 min! I love the combination of the tomato, cucumber, onion and vinegar. It’s amazing!! I purposely leave chunks of the tomato aside and mix them in after to create a thicker texture. Try it!

26 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 20, 2011

I love your photographs! And that gazpacho looks so refreshing!

27 jenna May 20, 2011

ive never had gazpacho..honestly it sort of scares me….lol your photos are beautiful…have you been using your lightbox?

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

It used to scare me too! I quickly got over that fear when I tasted it.

I havent been using my light box since the daylight hours got longer :)

29 Kaleigh May 20, 2011

I’ve always wanted to try this, but I’m not good with tomatoes. Maybe mixed in with all the different vegetables and flavours I will be able to enjoy it, as well as really giving it a good blend! The photos are great! It’s amazing to see how just a few adjustments can make a meal look so much more appetetizing! Looking forward to seeing more beauty shots!

On a side note, I had to take the 407 today to get to the school I was supplying at in Brampton, and had the joy of driving somewhat through your town (just the outskirts, but still). I’ve never been, but it was a wonderful ride compared to the gruelling QE (hillsides and greenery > grey buildings and gazillions of cars).

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

hehe ‘beauty shots’ love that :)

Yes it is wonderfully green right now…so peaceful!

31 Bronwyn May 20, 2011

Hmmm that soup looks delicious. It’s starting to be summer here, and I’m going to be needing some easy go-to cooling recipes.

PS You are great at food photography. I think your blog has some of the prettiest food pictures. Even if your recipe doesn’t hook me, the photo of the food makes me want some!

32 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans May 20, 2011

Your food photography is so inspiring!

33 Leah @ Why Deprive? May 20, 2011

I love that you shared your first few pictures. Especially because the first thing I thought when I saw this post was how pretty the picture was.
The recipe sounds amazing too. I’ve always wanted to try gazpacho.

34 Alyssa May 20, 2011

Oh, I am so excited to try this recipe. I tried making Gazpacho once and it wasn’t all I wanted it to be. Everyone keeps telling me how amazing it is but I just needed a good recipe. Thanks!!

35 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods.com May 20, 2011

Love gazpacho! I like making mine with watermelon, basil, champagne vinegar and cayenne pepper. So good!

Thanks for the photography tips. I like the props, but I’m a bit of a purist and sometimes prefer to showcase the actual dish rather than distract the viewer with fancy napkins and plates, etc.

36 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food May 20, 2011

I have always been nervous about gazpacho but I think I will have to try it! This looks delicious!

37 allison May 20, 2011

Gazpacho is seriously the only thing i eat in the summer! I never make it until i can get real fresh local tomatoes and herbs (preferably from my garden) it really makes the taste that much more vibrant!

Love the photos! You could teach a food photography class:)

38 Amy May 20, 2011

Thanks for the photography tips, I definitely need as much as I can get! And I love the “play with your food” tip :)

39 Julie @ Shining From Within May 20, 2011

love learning all about your little photography tips! I made gazpacho once before but wasn’t a fan of the cold texture of the veggies :( I’ll have to give this a try.. if I can drink green monsters I can eat yummy gazpacho

40 Katherine May 20, 2011

Such beautiful photos, and this looks amazing. You must send me some :P

(FYI I have a Stevivia giveaway going on in my blog if you want to get in on it :D )

41 Anni May 20, 2011

Wow you really have an eye for (food) pictures!
My husband is Spanish and he looooooooves Gazpacho so we make buckets of it during the summer when tomatoes are in season. I use water instead of juice, and can’t get away with any herbs or pepper (they are not “authentic” so my tradition-loving husband does not approve). Spaniards may also add some stale bread (soaked in water before blending) to the mix, it brings more volume to the soup (while being cheaper than tomatoes..), I add it sometimes but not always.
Hope you have lots of hot summer days coming your way to accompany all that gazpacho!

42 Grace @ Healthy Dreaming May 20, 2011

Florida is getting incredibly hot and humid so a cold soup sounds wonderful and simple!

Thanks for sharing!

43 kate May 20, 2011

I would love to get good at photography, I need to take some time and just practice I feel like whenever I cook I am always in a hurry to photograph meals! Your pictures are beautiful!

44 Melissa @ Be Not Simply Good May 20, 2011

Mmm, I love gazpacho! Such a good summer soup! Your presentation is very pretty. :)

45 Mel May 20, 2011

You have such a creative eye and patience for your art. It looks absolutely amazing both the picture and the soup I cant wait to try it.

46 Audrey May 20, 2011

The third photo in this post is really terrific. It’s interesting that you went on to talk about photography in this post because when I first saw that I thought to myself “wow, she’s really an amazing photographer!” I love how vibrantly red the tomatoes are. You really have a great eye.

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

thank you!

48 Katherine: Unemployed May 20, 2011

I don’t love gazpacho but I think it’s 1. because I haven’t had a good one 2. because it sounds too much like gazoontight

49 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 20, 2011

What a perfect recipe for spring! Such gorgeous pictures as usual, you are talented Angela!

50 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious May 20, 2011

I’ve never eaten or made gazpacho! It looks so easy though ~ I think I’ll have to give you a try! What difference in your photos – I love the final result!

51 laura May 20, 2011

So Refreshing!
Great pictures, reminds me of summer. :)

52 Ashley May 20, 2011

I’ve never had gazpacho either! I’m excited to try it! :) Thanks for the recipe!

53 thehealthyapron May 20, 2011

I totally need a new camera!! What kind do you currently have? Also I’m not sure I would love the cold soup (not a fan of soup to begin with). It LOOKS good but I just don’t know haha

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

I wasnt sure about the soup either, but now im in love!

I have a canon 30D.

55 ashmastandrea May 20, 2011

Love this recipe!

Just wanted to comment and say how much I love your blog. I recommend it to anyone I know who is looking for healthy, vegan food! :)

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

aww thanks! :)

57 Sara May 20, 2011

Amazing, amazing pictures! I don’t know how they keep getting better!

58 Justeen @ Blissful Baking May 20, 2011

Your pictures look fantastic!! And the gazpacho sounds so yummy! I made it once for a school project in Spanish class, but it didn’t taste very good… Yours looks delish, so I will definitely give gazpacho a second chance!

59 Apron Appeal May 20, 2011

I’ve seen gazpacho all over the internet this week but I’ve been too lazy to google it, so thank you very much…but I do have a question. Isn’t “Andalusia” the home of the cartoon version of princess Giselle from the Disney movie “Enchanted”? :)

60 Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen May 20, 2011

Those tomatoes are seriously gorgeous, and the gazpacho sounds/looks wonderful!!

61 Beth May 20, 2011

Sounds and looks wonderful. Maybe the warm weather is here to stay this time, and I can blend some up.

62 Aundra May 20, 2011

Your pictures continue to be fresh, clean, and magazine/book/publication-worthy. Have you ever published photos or considered it?

On another note, gazpacho = awesomesauce.

63 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 21, 2011

Thank you! No I havent but maybe some day… ;) A girl can dream.

64 The Healthy Hipster May 20, 2011

Love that you’re encouraging folks not to fear cold soup! I lived in Spain for a while and it was always my favourite thing to start off a meal with or even just grab as a snack on a hot day (they sell it in little juicebox-type containers there so you can drink it on the go). Can’t wait for the weather to warm up enough here to really enjoy it!

65 Roz May 20, 2011

I think you take stellar food pictures!!!! You may not think so, but I think you could TEACH a class like that.

66 marla {family fresh cooking} May 20, 2011

Gazpacho is one of my all time favorite soups – a great way to enjoy salsa by the spoonful ;)

67 Moni'sMeals May 20, 2011

great pics and a great recipe! I still have not made it myself! Soon I will though especially because of this amazing weather we are having here in LA! :-)

68 Amanda K May 20, 2011

Thanks for sharing your photography tips! You’re picking up so much very quickly, and have an eye for food photography.

69 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 20, 2011

Gazpacho is wonderful! I haven’t had it in years. It was my go to meal when I was vegan, but I’d always add a bit of pureed chickpeas and sunflower seeds to it for a bit more sustenance. Thanks for reminding me of how much I LOVE this soup!

70 Mama Pea May 20, 2011

You have outdone yourself. I swear, those are some of the most amazing food photos I have ever seen. You should be very proud!

71 kaila @ healthy helper! May 20, 2011

I love love love gazpacho….its one of my favorite soups! Your recipe is pretty similar to my go to recipe so I’m sure its delicious! I really should post about my avocado cucumber gazpacho…..you’d love it!!!!

72 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 20, 2011

We made this at the raw foods course I took with macadamia nut cheese on top!!!!

73 Carolyn May 20, 2011

Totally random, but speaking of cooling, juicy foods, have you ever tried to make som tum (or som tam)? It’s a staple Thai dish that’s really spicy and wonderful. It usually uses fish sauce and dried shrimp, but it’s easy to make vegan (omit the dried shrimp and use soy sauce instead of fish sauce).

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 20, 2011

No I havent but it sounds interesting! I

75 sarah May 20, 2011

Angela,

GORGEOUS colors in your photos today. I honestly could hang those in my kitchen with the intense reds!!! Love it! A little bit of extra time and effort made all the difference. That’s why you are so successful–little details matter! :)

76 Hannah May 20, 2011

I can’t wait until later on this summer when I can make this with fresh garden tomatoes!

77 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 20, 2011

I’ve never had gazpacho before, but I absolutely love V8 juice, so I’m sure I’d like this soup too. It sounds so refreshing!

78 Nicolette May 20, 2011

These soups are reallllly getting me craving summer!

I came across your blog recently and I feel like it’s a perfect fit for me! I’m currently an undergrad psychology student at UWO, planning on going to get my Masters at UofT in psych next year, love to run, love to bake, and LOVE to eat. Could we really have more in common? :)

79 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 21, 2011

Aww thanks! We should meet one day :)

80 Alaina May 20, 2011

I absolutely love your photos!! I hope to get a nice camera someday and learn to take pictures like that. :-)

81 Ricki May 20, 2011

Gazpacho is my hubby’s favorite soup! I’ve tried a few variations but he says none of them compare to his ideal, which he had in a restaurant several years ago. Maybe this is “the one”! :)

82 Angel7 May 20, 2011

I love tomato soup, and that is what the red gazpacho soup reminds me of. I am sure that the gazpacho is more flavorful, though.

Cheers to the weekend :)

83 tweal May 21, 2011

I’ve never tried gazpacho because cold soup doesn’t appeal to me, but yet every time I see a photo or read a description, I think “Ohhh I’ve got to try that soon!” These pictures may have just sealed the deal. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

84 Beth@naturallyyoursbeth May 21, 2011

These pictures are beautiful! All of the colors are so pretty and summery :) I LOVE gazpacho!

85 Lisa May 21, 2011

I’ve never eaten or made gazpacho but, sure I would love it since I like salsa, V-8, etc. I’m gonna give it a try since it’s about to be 99 degrees tomorrow, ugh.

86 Tiffany May 21, 2011

Beautiful Photography Angela! The soup looks great! :)

87 Ashley May 21, 2011

The photos look REALLY great!! You are so extremely talented! I love the simplicity of the black background in photo #9, but photo #1 is my fav! :) I’ve never made or eaten gazpacho, but I know I would love it!

88 Stephanie @ Live Cook Love May 21, 2011

This is such a great post. Not only does the gazpacho look wonderful, but I love your process of finding the best photo. I am at BlogHerFood and just took 2 classes on food photography and you are right on!! Loved reading this post after those classes :)

89 Xoray May 21, 2011

Hi! I read your blog, but I never commented before, but when I saw this recipe I couldn’t go without saying something. The thing is that I live on gazpacho most of the summer, it’s really refreshing, and the perfect side dish/light dinner. I’m Spanish, and I have to say that yours looks lovely. But I would like to tell you a couple of things I do different: I peel the tomatoes, I use red pepper and green pepper (2/3 green pepper and 1/3 red one), and I add cold water to make it less thick. We use to serve it cold, with some cumumber, onion and green pepper chopped, and some toasted/fried bread little cubes.
Obviously, the best way to make it is to adjust the ingredients to your personal taste.
By the way, I love your blog, and the photos!
Greetings from Spain!

90 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 21, 2011

Greetings!! Great tips. I heard that peeling the skins off works great..Im just too lazy most of the time! ;) I will have to try it though to compare. Also do you remove the tomato seeds too?

91 Xoray May 22, 2011

Hi again! My mum always uses a mincer and after that a food mill, so any seed is left there, but if you use a blender I don’t think it’s necessary to remove them before. Anyway, it’s always a cuestion of taste. I hope I was helpful!

92 Paulina (One Smile Ahead) May 21, 2011

I’ve been trying to play with my food photos a lot more lately, but I can’t even get anywhere near the beautiful photographs you have! :D Hopefully I’ll get better as I get more experience. I’ve been craving a cold soup since it’s been getting hotter here so this is perfect! Thanks!

93 Malorie May 21, 2011

It is so hot and humid here and I loooove tomatoes. This looks so vibrant and delicious, I can’t wait to try it!

With food like that, melting outside is not so bad (and better than being stuck inside!).

94 Char May 21, 2011

I love how much you know about photography and how much you’re willing to share. It’s great seeing the before and after’s!

95 Leslie Paquette May 21, 2011

I love gazpacho and will definitely try this recipe as soon as tomatos look in season. Your recipe looks delicious!!

96 Ragnhild May 22, 2011

Ah, I love gazpacho soup! And this one looks wonderful! Love your photos!
I know you dont do this kind of things on your blog, but I just gave you a Smile-you are beautiful award on my blog! Because.. you are! And because reading your blog motivates me to give my body what it needs! So thank you:)

97 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 22, 2011

thanks so much!

98 Donna Ladisheff May 22, 2011

Hi!

Great recipe

99 Kayla @ Fitter Than Choc May 23, 2011

This post is so timely. I had my first bowl of gazpacho at a spanish recently, and I totally enjoyed it. I like how refreshing gazpacho is, and was thinking of making it. I might make my first bowl of gazpacho soon – first bowl in 25 years. I love how you style your food! It’s amazing how little props can go a long way to make photos look attractive:)

100 Leslie September 6, 2012

Thanks for the gazpacho recipe – I live in Athens, Greece, where tomato season is like heaven, and I can’t wait to make this soup when we’re back in town (we’re currently on our honeymoon in Scandinavia). As much as I’m having a blast on our honeymoon, I miss my vegan kitchen and fresh Greek produce! This soup will be first on the list of things to make once I’m home!

101 Cheryl V February 23, 2013

I just made the Gazpacho.. and served it as a veggie drink. It is the bees knees! I can hardly wait to share it with my Vegan/Vegetarian co-workers. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

102 Maria June 17, 2013

Hi Angela!
I was looking for a gazpacho recipe this weekend and found yours! It got RAVE reviews!! This is the first time I made it and used my new Vitamix too! I actually found ‘spicy’ tomato juice too and used that and it was awesome!

Just wanted to give you props :)

103 Christopher July 18, 2013

very good. actually, very, very good.

104 Savannah May 13, 2014

Just quadrupled this recipe to make for the Cafe I work at. It’s SO delicious! I ended up using balsamic vinegar, but only half the amount you request for red wine vinegar. I think it adds a lovely touch. I also couldn’t find low sodium V8, so I simply didn’t add any salt. Thank you so much. Your recipes always amaze me. I’m constantly sharing them with my friends, family, and customers. (:

105 Jenn Hart August 2, 2014

Hi Angela!
I am a new vegan (since May 2014) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your cookbook and website!! I have made several of your recipes and they are amazing. currently, I am searching your website/cookbook for an easy, comfort meal I can serve 12 people during a beach week vacation. I’m close to settling on the black bean and sweet potato enchiladas. Anyhoo, I came across this gazpacho recipe, which might be beach-y, too…. I love V-8, but saw a post containing an email from Campbell’s themselves saying that it’s vegetarian, but not vegan, due to the “natural flavors.” :( One thing about this new endeavor is learning/understanding just how pervasive animal products/byproducts are!! they are in everything! Thought I’d share that… Thanks again for continuing to inspire me in the kitchen. I am IN LOVE with the lentil walnut taco filling. And the lentil loaf. OMG.

106 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 2, 2014

Hey Jenn,
Wow that is good to know! I don’t buy V8 anymore (there are healthier organic brands out there now), but it’s not too surprising given all the hidden ingredients these days. Sheesh! Nothing is sacred. ;)
I’m so happy to hear you are enjoying the cookbook and blog so much!! Thanks for your kind words!

107 Vesna July 22, 2015

Hi Angela, your photos are very good andlok 100% proffesional. May I ask which lens do you use?

108 Vesna July 22, 2015

Sorry for the typo. I meant “and look”

109 Milissa July 24, 2015

Angela,

I absolutely ADORE gazpacho! I have been fooling with my own recipe on me off for a few years but struggle because I am the only one in the house who eats it, so getting the proportionate ingredients together is not an easy task. But these photos are so inspiring that I have to try again. I have a neighbor who is just getting in his summer tomatoes here in the MidWest so as soon as I get my greedy little hands on some I will give this recipe as well as my own another whirl. I can always share with my neighbor, I suppose…I also love watermelon gazpacho, so may try that, too. Just got a gorgeous watermelon. As I am recipe creating testing in preparation for my own blog launch, my husband is trying to assist me with photography…the issue? We both think there’s only one right way and each of us thinks our own way is just that! Planning a food photo shoot this weekend. God help us all!

110 Tara August 8, 2015

Hi Angela,
This looks great! Does it freeze well? Just wondering since it makes such a large quantity. I love your recipes, many of them are on daily rotation in my house. ; )
Thank you!
Tara

111 Allie August 11, 2015

Hey Angela,

I made this gazpacho last night, and I found that overnight in my fridge, it separated. Is that a bad sign, or should I just stir it up and enjoy?

112 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 12, 2015

That’s totally normal! Just give it a stir before consuming. :)

113 Riley August 19, 2015
Recipe Rating:

Looks AMAZING! I dont have any vinegar besides apple cider vinegar… would that work??

114 Sky September 11, 2015

I must say, I really like the first food picture of your soup! It is plain and simple and it focuses on the food. It make my mouth water and want to try gaspacho again and in the past I didn’t like it! The last picture looks great, but the color of the red soup doesn’t stand out and is less appealing to me. Love the simplicity and the focus on the soup of the first one!

Love your blog too!
Thanks,
Sky

115 Katie November 22, 2015

Made this just today, and OMG!! Added some jalenpenos and coriander (cilantro) and it was so so good. Such an easy, tasty, healthy meal. Love it!

116 Avangardphoto April 15, 2016