Spring Chick Cupcakes

IMG_4473

Cue: awwwwwwww!

Today, Eric and I are off to my brothers for a family get together! I wanted to make my niece some birthday cupcakes for an early birthday celebration so I searched Martha Stewart for some Spring Cupcake ideas. It wasn’t long before I came across her super cute Spring Chick Cupcakes!

My heart melted when I saw them. Red heart

And then I saw how easy they are to make and I loved them even more. And no chicks were harmed in the process. Well, except when I stuffed one in my mouth!

IMG_4488

You won’t BELIEVE how easy these are to make!

What You’ll Need:

• 3-4 cups sweetened shredded coconut (you want the thick shred)
  • 1 batch cupcakes
  • 1 batch frosting
  • Almonds + something black for the eyes (I used cacao nibs). Martha also used red licorice for feet and hair.

Spring Chick Cupcakes

Idea from Martha.

Step 1: Toast about 3-4 cups sweetened coconut at 300F until golden. Remove and set aside. Bake cupcakes (I used my favourite vegan chocolate cupcake recipe) and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove the liner from each.

Step 2: Meanwhile, make the frosting. I used my vegan almond buttercream frosting. Flip cupcake upside down and trim the top so it sits flat on plate. Eat scraps. ;)

Step 3: Frost cupcakes around sides and top. Roll in toasted sweetened coconut and use fingers to cover bare spots.

Step 4: Insert eyes, beak, and feet. I used an almond for the beak and feet and cacao nibs for eyes. See Martha for her suggestions.

IMG_4461

These vegan cupcakes always rise so nicely. I had to trim the top a bit so it would lie flat on the plate. I didn’t mind eating the scraps either. :)

Flip the cupcake so the top is on the bottom of plate. Frost sides and top.

IMG_4470

Roll in toasted and sweetened coconut (thick shreds) and then garnish with a beak, eyes, and feet.

IMG_4480

I can’t handle how cute these are! And I really can’t look at them without laughing. They are a bit homely looking and I love them for that.

They would be really fun to make with kids for Easter too.

IMG_4487

Some of you were asking how my back is doing so I thought I would give a little update. My sciatic nerve is feeling about 80-90% better after two massage therapy sessions. I am also keeping up with stretching, ab planks, and yoga. For my cardio, I have been doing the elliptical 5-6 days a week and also light weight lifting a couple times a week. I am hoping to try running sometime this week to see if I have any pain.

My RMT recommended that I pick up a stability ball to use as a deck chair because my posture is so poor and I always get a ton of shoulder pain. Anyone use one at a desk? Hopefully it helps. :)

Have a great Saturday!

1 miss marian April 16, 2011

I used to use a fitball at my desk – definitely found it made me a lot more aware of my posture + muscles in use, etc. I found I had to swap throughout the day with my regular chair, though, as occasionally I needed the support – weak muscles I guess!
Good luck anyhow.

2 Sandra April 16, 2011

Those are some cute chicks! I think you get Aunt of the year award!!!

I have used a stability ball at a desk before. It did help my back, shoulders and abs! It helps build your core as you try to stabilize yourself and for fun bounce up and down on it. So much fun and softer than any chair!

3 JenATX April 16, 2011

cheep cheep!

4 Sasha April 16, 2011

I’ve been using a stability ball instead of a chair at my desk for a little over a year now. I enjoy it and I think it has helped my core in general, but not so much my posture. I plan to continue with it though!

5 Michelle April 16, 2011
6 Kayla @ Fitter Than Choc April 16, 2011

These are too adorable, Angela! Thanks for sharing this awesome idea. Love it!

7 Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 16, 2011

These cupcakes are too cute! I’m not a great cupcake decorator, but I think this is simple enough for me to do. Thanks for the idea!

8 Emily April 16, 2011

Too cute!!! I love them.

9 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 16, 2011

Cutest EVER! My Mom asked me to bring dessert next week for Easter. Maybe I can pull this one off? I used to have a stability ball at work, but people kept stealing it from my desk and playing with it, so I just use one in my home office. I was set out to improve my posture, but it also helped to develop my abs! No complaints here :)

10 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 16, 2011

Awww, those are super cute!! Love them. :) And want to eat them! hehe

11 Katherine: Unemployed April 17, 2011

I couldn’t agree more!

12 AdrienneCarolyn April 16, 2011

Aw I love these! Adorable. Although they look like they’ve been left out in the rain or just got outta bed or something haha which makes them 10 times cuter! I am going to make these and bring them to work! Maybe I will try to make bunnies too!

13 Bridget April 16, 2011

Those little cupcakes look too cute to eat! But…I’d eat em’ anyways :)

Hopefully you find a solution for that pesky nerve :( Those things can be a pain!

14 Bronwyn April 16, 2011

Awwwww! Adorable. :) Hope your back feels better soon as well.

15 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 16, 2011

That is the cutest thing I have EVER seen on a blog! I am definitely using that idea for Easter festivities :) Too adorable — my heart hurts.

I have known for a while that I need to just bite the bullet and buy a ball to use as a chair — I’m similar in that my posture is poor, and my shoulders hurt all the time from hunching over a laptop all day, lol! I find it strengthens my core and it really does help my sciatica as a result. Major props for being so proactive about your back issues! :)

16 Baking 'n' Books April 16, 2011

Have you always had a gym membership?

Those are so cute – you should enter “Cupcake Wars” ! Easter theme :)

17 Cait @ Beyond Bananas April 16, 2011

HOW ADORABLE! I think my students would adore these.. I may make these for my class!

18 Sarah April 16, 2011

Those are way cute! Nice job, not sure mine would turn out that good.

19 Shannon April 16, 2011

They are so cute!

20 Carissa April 16, 2011

I used a stability ball for a desk chair in college and LOVED it. It kept me moving a little and did improve my abs and my posture.

21 Jackie April 16, 2011

These are adorable. They make me think of Furby’s

22 Gail April 16, 2011

I used to use a stability ball at my old job and I really liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I don’t use one at my job now because the jerks I work with will probably mess with it. I remember years ago they used to sell a type of “office” chair where it didn’t have a back rest, and you sort of kneeled on it. I can’t remember what it was called, but I think it was made to help people’s backs too.

23 Stefanie April 16, 2011

Too cute!

24 Christine @ Burning It Off April 16, 2011

Those cupcakes are so cute I don’t think I’d have the heart to eat them… then again, there is coconut involved… yeah, I’d probably eat them.

25 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit April 16, 2011

Too cute!!!
I used a stability ball as a desk chair all through university and LOVED IT. Plus, by the end of my degrees I could sit cross legged on one in the middle of a room, great party trick!

26 JL goes Vegan April 16, 2011

Oh, yeah, that’s cuteness overload (in a good way) Very clever!

27 Fanta April 16, 2011

Now if only I wasn’t at work today so I could bake these little chickies :)

28 Nikita April 16, 2011

I can’t believe how cute those are! They remind me of these little toys we used to get in our Easter baskets… these little chicks that cheeped when you put them on your hand. Anybody remember those?
Glad to hear your back is doing better!

29 Elle April 16, 2011

Angela, your chicks are adorable! I want to pop one in my mouth.

30 Nicole @ Fresh & Fit April 16, 2011

Those are almost to cute to eat!

31 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher April 16, 2011

Almost too cute to eat!! ;)

32 Erin @ The Grass Skirt April 16, 2011

These are almost too adorable to eat! Almost. ;)

33 hippierunner April 16, 2011

Absolutely adorable! I love the almond feet!

34 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 16, 2011

They really are adorable, I bet your niece will love them!

35 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 16, 2011

Oh wow, these are SO cute!!! What a perfect treat for Spring, and a great idea to bring to an Easter get-together!

36 Jess@atasteofconfidence April 16, 2011

those are so cute!

37 kate@ahealthypassion April 16, 2011

awwww im so making these for easter!

38 Tara April 16, 2011

Awwww is right. So cute!! I bet your family will say the same :)

39 Ashley April 16, 2011

So cute!!! Must make this week sometime! :)

40 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 16, 2011

These are adorable! What a great idea for your niece. :D

41 Amber K April 16, 2011

Glad that you’re feeling a bit better!!

Oh my gosh, you can make the cutest stuff out of coconut. I wish I liked the stuff! But at least I can decorate :)

42 Mara @ What's For Dinner? April 16, 2011

Those are SO going on Cute Food Saturday!!!!!

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2011

Thanks mara!

44 Devi April 16, 2011

Those are adorable!

My mom used to make ladybugs out of cupcakes that same way. Pink frosting, chocolate chips for spots, a large black gumdrop head, and black licorice for antennae.

45 Abby April 16, 2011

These are adorable! I bet they would be super cute with a lemon cupcake recipe too! :) (for the yellow). I’m just a chocolate fan myself though! Yummy!

46 elli April 16, 2011

hi! i am a huge fan, thank you for all that you do and all that you are. i work as a holistic personal coach and am a trained physio therapist, and using the ball as a seat can make it worse if you have instability. i invite you to use it for no more than 20 min a day and focus on lengthening the spine and gently contracting the abdominals (keeping spine long). that trains the supporting core muscles and activates them. they tire out quickly and then wont do their job of stabilizing your back and pelvis and you can end up hurting more. much love, may you heal quickly and may this be an opportunity for rest and growth.

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2011

Thanks for your help!

48 Katie April 16, 2011

I made your soft pb cookies this morning. Did you know they are on the sidebar of your main page, but not listed on the recipe page?

Also made the salt kissed ones – like those more!

49 Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily April 16, 2011

Haha. Those are the cutest things I have ever seen. They may be to cute…i don’t think I could eat them.

50 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 16, 2011

Those chicks are adorable!!! I love making food cute like this :)

51 Laura @FoodSnobSTL April 16, 2011

awwww. so so cute!

52 Mackenzie @ Eat. Exercise. Evolve April 16, 2011

How long are you doing the elliptical for? I have a foot injury and can’t run right now, but I don’t know how long to cross train (on my bike trainer) for in order to keep up my endurance. I’d love your advice on it!

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2011

It’s best to ask a professional. My doc said I could do the same time as I was running. So about 45 minutes most days I would say.

54 Mary April 16, 2011

Those cupcakes are the cutest!! I also laughed so hard when I read your post with the cupcake recipe. I shared that with my husband and he couldn’t stop laughing either. We both agreed we would definitely eat them though!

55 Eimear Rose April 16, 2011

I also heard stability balls don’t really help that much with posture. I have a lot of shoulder pain because of bad posture and recently switched to a standing workstation. My chair is still nearby (back removed) for the occasional sit down and it’s helping, it did take a week for the pain to noticeably reduce, I hope it continues! And I hope you find some relief too:)

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2011

a standing work station sounds right up my alley!!! What do you use for a desK?

57 Eimear Rose April 16, 2011

It’s makeshift- I just got a spare shelf and raised it with a few boxes- there’s a pic in this blog post http://peskyrunner.blogspot.com/2011/03/helloo-vitality.html
Luckily I am usually in my office on my own (I share an office with a head of lab who is always in and out) so I can stretch, stand feet wide apart and/or shift about from foot to foot without getting funny looks. Initially my colleagues thought it was a bit weird but my overall boss thinks it’s a great idea and is thinking of doing it herself!

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 17, 2011

thank you! I will have to look into this :)

59 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) April 16, 2011

SOOOO cute :D

Glad to hear your back is doing better !! Injuries are NO FUN. I’m finally working with a PT on mine… only took me a month ;P …but I think I’m finally heading in the right direction. Who knew I’d need to REST it. lol. …and that the definition of resting is to NOT use it. Sometimes I just need a professional to break it all down for me.

60 Ashley April 16, 2011

Homely looking, LMAO!! Cuuuuuuuuutest cupcakes everrrr!! Your niece will love them! Those are the most perfect looking vegan cupcakes I’ve ever seen. I remember the last time you posted them and was astonished at how well they rose. I need to check that recipe out and make a vanilla version. With cake, I’m all about the vanilla! :) Have a lovely weekend!! xo

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2011

thanks!

I tried this recipe making vanilla…I took out the cocoa powder…and it was a flop. then I tried replacing the cocoa powder with more flour and it was a flop too. very dense result. Boo! I’m working on it…I’ll maybe do a hybrid of the VCTOTW and this one perhaps!

62 Andrea @ Vegvacious April 16, 2011

Those cupcakes are too cute for words! “Aw…” was the first thought that popped into my head :-)

Here’s link to stability ball chairs – they actually are used as office chairs, but maybe something like this would be helpful. I’ve heard they’re great for core strength and posture, but I’ve never used one myself. http://swissballstore.com/exerciseballofficechair/

63 erica April 16, 2011

omg. that is just the most adorable cupcake ever!

64 Kath April 16, 2011

Awwwwwww!

65 Moni'sMeals April 16, 2011

sooo incredibly cute! I have to make this next week for sure. :)

Thanks!

Good luck with the stability ball, I think it would help in my opinion. :)

66 Joyce @ Flowing to Fifty April 16, 2011

OH NO! These are the cutest cupcakes ever…..and I’ve given up desserts for Lent! Easter can’t come soon enough for me. What was I thinking?

67 Char April 16, 2011

These are awesome! I just made cupcakes today with my sister and we were talking about how we have to make cupcakes in a few weeks for easter – now we have our idea!!!

68 Livvy April 16, 2011

These are Soooo flippin’ adorable and I love the little plates you served them on!! So cute!! :)

69 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 16, 2011

These are soooo cute, Angela!

I love them and cute ideas like this…these would be a major hit with my 4 year old :)

Stability ball…yes, get one! When I was pregnant and had the worst back pain, sciatica, pelvis and bones shifting, hurt to even think straight…the stability ball and sitting on it was the best. It can’t hurt and you may find tremendous relief…I say try it, for sure! I use it now to do all kinds of crunches, curls, pilates/yoga/weightlifting moves, too.

I featured your Back On Track Salad today, too :)

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2011

thanks Averie! :)

71 Cait's Plate April 16, 2011

Oh my gosh that is SO cute!! I actually did the “aww” before you even cued it! Haha.

I made cupcakes today too but they were nowhere near as adorable as yours!

72 Alex April 16, 2011

oh wow. these are so adorable I almost wouldn’t want to eat one. Almost.

73 Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) April 16, 2011

These are way too cute!!!

74 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 16, 2011

These are adorable!!!!!!!! About the stability ball – I’ll email you about one my co-worker has. I was thinking about getting one too and might make the switch as I’ve had a lot of back pain lately and I figure it can only help! :)

75 kaila @ healthy helper! April 16, 2011

I have used a stability ball before as a chair…partially because I have bad posture and partially because…..its FUN! I definitely think it would help you out! And those cupcakes are adorable btw! I once made cupcakes with dog faces on them….they turned out so cute!

76 Kt April 16, 2011

OMG these are so cute. I don’t know why, but I’m just obsessed with the last picture! Its like the little chick looks sad or something lol

77 Danielle April 16, 2011

So cute!!! <3 <3

78 Katheryn April 16, 2011

Love the cupcakes! I’ll definitely be making these for the kids.

My hubby has had a lot of similar back issues as you. He tried the stability ball, and that helped a little, but what made a much bigger difference was getting a standing desk. We just got one from Ikea and that helped him a ton. Good luck!

79 Morgan @ moments of mmm April 16, 2011

Yuppp. Literally just “awwwwed”

Definitely making these with my niece one day!

80 Alaina April 16, 2011

Awwww! Those are the cutest things ever!!

Hope your back is ok! I have a little lower back problems myself. I stand all day at work and I probably slouch without knowing it.

81 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 16, 2011

These are SO adorable.
I bet you could make little sheep ones too! SHeep are my favourite animals.

82 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries April 16, 2011

OMG those are so cute they make me want to cry! Haha. Gotta make these for my friends for Easter :)

83 Pearl (Crunch and Chew) April 16, 2011

OH my. Those are beyond cute!

84 Kristi @ KristiAteIt April 16, 2011

These are so cute and creative. I got dragged into Lowe’s with my boyfriend today, but saw a cupcake book while I was there. It had the cutest cupcake ideas ever! Some of them were so involved though, I like ideas like yours that are very simple…but cute!

85 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food April 16, 2011

These are just too much! They make me giggle when I look at them! :)

86 Audrey April 16, 2011

These are so cute! I love that you used cacao nibs for eyes–very creative!

87 Danielle April 16, 2011

A stability ball is an amazing change to sitting on a chair. I have one in my classroom and my students and I both use them. It is a great way to eliminate low back pain by strengthening the core area. Highly recommended :)

88 Beth @naturallyyoursbeth April 16, 2011

those are sooo cute!! What a creative idea. I have a cupcake decorating book and the ideas in there are all so awesome…I’m not sure who can make up all of the creations, but they are super talented. Your cupcakes came out adorable…Im definietly going to have to try out this cupcake recipe too!

89 Vanessa @ Project Zen April 16, 2011

I’m actually just starting to get used to using a stability ball at my desk. It does take some time to get used to and it depends upon the height of the desk too – but it’s an excellent way to strengthen your core and spine (it’s like sneaking in a workout!) while you check your email and update your blog. My advice (from one massage therapist to another therapist’s wise words): Doooooo it! :)

Thanks for the cupcake recipe. Do you think the shredded coconut will taste great with banana cupcakes?

90 Vanessa @ Project Zen April 16, 2011

Of course, take your time and advise caution when you ease yourself into using a stability ball.

91 Kathy April 17, 2011

Cute!!! I would make these…but they’d be gone before you can say, “Cupcakes? Where?” and that wouldn’t be good for my waistline at all….but the cupcakes look so moist<3 my cupcakes are always dried out and have a gas/acid-y taste to them…must mean I have a super powerful oven!
Hope your back gets back to being 100% and all healed soon!

92 Alison April 17, 2011

You are seriously the cutest thing ever!! These are a must to make.
I’m thinking about creating my own blog, and wanted to know if you had any tips. By the way you were the first blog I ever read, and I think I’ve been reading like at least 20 blogs every morning for the past year and a half, but always yours first. You had so many posts that inspired me, and truly look up to you in every way. You are beautiful, motivated, determined, happy, and so creative.You seriously have opened my eyes to alot of things! I’ve always wanted to start a blog but was scared no one would follow or it would be bad or I would eat EVERYTHING I make!! My boyfriend and even my family keeps pushing me to do it but I don’t know where to start!!

93 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 18, 2011

Hey Alison! Thank you for your very kind words. :) I say go for it! I too wasn’t sure if I would enjoy blogging when I first started up, but it certainly surprised me. If you don’t like it, you can always stop doing it right? I think it is one of those things where you don’t know if it will be a good fit for you until you experiment. I always say write about what you LOVE- if baking isn’t your thing, don’t force it. Do what you are passionate about!
I think I have some more blog tips on my FAQ page here: http://www.ohsheglows.com/FAQ Goodluck! :)

94 Jane April 17, 2011

I knew these little guys looked familiar. I surprised my friend with these little chick cupcakes for her birthday maybe….5 years ago. They were easy to make, very adorable, and delicious! I even made the larger (loaf pan size) one that goes them. I forget if it was a chick or a rabbit. I’m thinking rabbit. So fun and yours turned out great!

95 Tori April 17, 2011

These are so cute. Amazing x

96 Mariah April 17, 2011

these are the cutest things ever!!!!

97 Chelsa April 17, 2011

You are so creative. Those chicks are adorable.

98 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 17, 2011

These are soooo cute! They *almost* make me want kids. LOL!

I’ve been thinking about replacing my chair with a stability ball too. Will be interested to see what you think!

99 Molly April 17, 2011

Ugh, I have the worst posture. I should take my stability ball to work. Those chicks are so cute! If only I liked coconut more!

100 Stephanie April 17, 2011

Those are absolutely adorable! You’re inspired me to make some for dessert on Easter. I used to sit on a ball at my desk. I loved it…it let me wiggle and fidget and my neck felt really good. Then my dog bit it. Oh well.

101 Brittany April 17, 2011

I love your Spring Chicks. They are too cute!

I have poor posture as well and have considered taking my stability ball to work but haven’t done it yet. I’ll be interested to know if it helps you!

102 Halley (Blunder Construction) April 17, 2011

These chick cupcakes are so cute! I imagine them alongside some ducks (with lemon zest perhaps)… a stability ball is to have in an office to improve mobility!

103 Dalai Lina April 17, 2011

I bought on of those goofy looking kneeling desk chairs when I developed back issues and it has saved me! Everyone in the family uses it now!

104 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn April 17, 2011

These are too darn cute!! And so yummy looking, I would NOT mind eating the scraps either:))

105 Ellie@fitforthesoul April 17, 2011

omgsh they look adorable! hahha they look so real and like they’re starting at me….

106 Hilary April 17, 2011

I have Martha’s cupcake book and have seen these…definitely adorable! I have no experience with stability balls as desk chairs, but something I’d like to try as well!

107 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition April 17, 2011

Those are beyond adorable! I can’t wait to have little kiddies in my life to make stuff like that for :)

108 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner April 17, 2011

AWWWWEEEEE!!!! They are SO CUTE!!! :)

109 laura April 17, 2011

Adorable! Perfect for spring & easter.

110 Laura April 17, 2011

Those are adorable!

111 Nat April 17, 2011

Too cute!

112 Jo April 17, 2011

This is perfect for my 3rd Grade students!! We will make these this Thursday. Thank you!

113 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 17, 2011

awwww these are so cute!!!

114 Katy April 17, 2011

During my year of clinical training (I’m a med tech), we had 4 months where we had 8 hours of didactic training (lectures) every day. That’s 4 months of sitting on my rear end at a desk for 40 hours a week. So when my mom sent me a fit ball for my birthday early in the year, I took it to school and sat on it during lectures. Everyone gave me strange looks the first couple of days, but it was SOOO much better than sitting in a chair – and bonus – it gave me freedom to “fidget”, as I’m prone to doing!

P.S. I’m definitely trying your cupcakes – they look DELICIOUS!

115 Michelle | Gold-hearted Girl April 17, 2011

Those are so adorable! I would love one right now.

116 Christine (The Raw Project) April 17, 2011

These are so stinking cute, I’ve gotta try them for our Easter gathering!

117 Mimi (Gingersnaps) April 17, 2011

Adorable! That looks SO much better than a nasty Peep!

118 McKayla (Green Groats) April 17, 2011

Mmm. These look delightful. Just found your blog! I LOVE it. I’m your newest fan!

119 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 18, 2011

thanks!

120 Lauri (RedHeadrecipes.com) April 17, 2011

How Fun!!! And delicious ;)

121 Allison April 17, 2011

I made these today! I saw your post about them and just had to try them! I looked up the recipe on Martha’s website just to see what else I could find, and I ended up making both the Spring Chick Cupcakes and some that have little bluebirds in a nest.

They’re just so cute, and a nice Easter treat that I brought to a family dinner! Thanks for the inspiration :)

122 Christina April 17, 2011

love love love these!!!

123 Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) April 18, 2011

omg those are soooo cute!!! I think I might make those for everyone at work :-) Thank you for sharing girl!

124 Nicole April 18, 2011

Hi Angela,

Amazing blog! I’m not much of a cook, but your website is truly inspiring me to try some recipes… my family is wondering what’s wrong with me :)

As for the stability ball; is it supposed to help with upper back and neck pain as well? I’ve been in chronic pain with this since a car accident two years ago and am desperate for help. Chiro and massage help a bit, but sitting at a computer, or in the car, are my two undoings over the course of the day. Anyone? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

125 Roz April 18, 2011

VERY VERY VERY cute! Have a good week.

126 chloe@ 321delish April 18, 2011

I just LOL’d and then as I just wrote this I LOL’d for actually writing LOL.

who am I?

127 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite April 18, 2011

Um, these are the cutest cupcakes EVER!!! Love it! Not to mention the abundance of frosting on each one :)

128 Lou April 19, 2011

omgg so cute! too bad my family doesn’t celebrate Easter :(

129 Caitlin @ The Caitie Experiment April 19, 2011

So cute!! Someone inevitably brings a “Bunny Cake” to Easter, and this year I’m totally going to make these adorable little chicks to combat the overly-sweet, supermarket frosted confectionary disaster! I love the idea of toasting the coconut – YUM!

130 Gloria April 23, 2011

I made these today for my nephew’s 1st birthday party! They turned out great :)

131 Whitney @ She Lives Fit April 17, 2012

I love these so much!! They definitely make me smile and giggle a bit, too. :) I might have to steal this idea yet sometime this spring… for no particular reason, even….

Thanks for sharing your tasty creations! I recommend more people to YOUR blog than any other. I always love your recipes. :)

132 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 17, 2012

Thank you Whitney! They make me laugh too. I love the “homely/rustic” look to them. ahah

133 Vegan Radhika Sarohia February 20, 2013

These are so cute!!!!!!!
I like the almond feetz hehe
And the outside part too–I like coconut everything, one of the top flavors for me along with lemon and blueberry :)