Recipe Link Love, April 6

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 6, 2011

VEGANrecipelinklove

Oh my gosh it has been way too long since I had a massage. I saw the most amazing massage therapist yesterday for my sciatic troubles. My muscles felt so fluid and long afterwards and when I did my stretches last night, I could bend at least a couple inches more than usual. Crazy. My therapist thinks that she will be able to improve my sciatic pain fairly easily with massage.

She is also a yoga instructor and runner and she trained with Christine Felstead who started Yoga for Runners (remember her DVD that I love?). There is a new Yoga for Runners class that starts this Monday and I’m thinking of joining. It sounds like the perfect fit for me because it is tailored to runners, for yoga newbies, and she focuses on a different body part each week (like spine, feet/ankles, hips, etc). If anyone is in the Milton area and wants more info email me at angela [at] ohsheglows dot com and I will give you the deets!

It’s been a couple weeks since my last Recipe Link Love…time is flying! I hope you enjoy these 25 Savoury and Sweet vegan recipes from around the web.

Savoury Eats

1. Curried Mustard Greens with Homemade Cornmeal Flat Bread from One Creative Kitchen.

P1000288(2)

2. Mystery Nut Butter from Yarly Cupcakes.

IMG_0866

3. Rajma and Pulao Rice for a Lazy Sunday Brunch from One Creative Kitchen.

P1020690

4. Roasted Squash With Caramelized Onions And Craisins from The Wannabe Chef.

February-22nd-042

5. Creamy Artichoke Hummus from Dairy Free Betty.

DSC_0065[5]

6. Penne with Spicy Puttanesca and vegan parmesan from Healthy Food, Healthy Mind, Healthy Me.

DSC_0074

7. Vegan Bibimbap from One Smile Ahead.

DSCN4156

8. Refried Beans (in the pressure cooker!) Nachos from JL Goes Vegan.

refried bean nachos

9. Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Meat(less) Balls from Peanut Butter and Ginger.

P1010005

10. Middle Eastern Lentil Soup from Carnivorous/Cruciferous.

P2240019

11. Vegan Ruebens from Ciao Cow.

Sweet Treats!

12. Raw Cashew Dream Cake from Bake Bike Blog.

IMG_5497_thumb[2]

13. Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies from Food, Fitness and Fun.

DSC08721(2)

14. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pancakes from A Healthy Passion.

img_1552.

15. Sweet Potato Vanilla Patty Cakes from Sketch-free Vegan Eating.

pattycake1

16. Peanut Butter and Banana Quesadilla from Moni’s Meals.

quesadilla

17. Soft Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies from Vegan By Valerie.

gingerbread cookies

18. Banana Breakfast Cookies from The Baking Stone.

IMGP6352

19. My Easy Crispy Bars from Moni’s Meals.

crispy bars

20. Carrot Cake Ice Cream from Healthy Food For Living.

IMG_6016

21. Banana Apple Miso Almond Butter Bread from Blackberries for Jam.

IMG_3549 - Version 2

22. Gluten-free Buckwheat Zucchini Bread from Carrie On Vegan.

IMG_2326

23. Pumpkin Pecan Oat Squares from Kat’s Health Corner.

Baking 096

24. Cake Batter Pizza from Chocolate Covered Katie.

pizza-cake-4

25. No Bake Chocolate Jam Tarts from Thyme Bombe.

IMG_3101

IMG_0452

Updates:

~~~~~

Recipe Link Love is a new series highlighting other blogger’s vegan recipes right here on OSG! For more info, see this post. Please note that I won’t be able to post all submissions received, but I will do my best to post as many as I can.

Missed these previous Recipe Link Love posts?

Feb 26 2011, Feb 28, 2011, March 2, 2011, March 5, 2011, March 13, 2011

chocolate-covered katie April 6, 2011 at 8:12 am

THANK U so so so much, Angela! My little cake batter pizza feels famous now.

chocolate-covered katie April 6, 2011 at 8:26 am

Humph. It signed me out before I was finished commenting! And then it wouldn’t let me sign back on! Computers do not like me sometimes :-?.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I think you are incredibly magnanimous for allowing others to have the spotlight for a moment on your blog. I am SURE I’m not the only one whose day you made by offering the opportunity.

And finally, thank you so much for spreading the word about the bake sale for Japan!!

Ok, hopefully I have not talked your ear off…
(Perhaps there was a reason the computer cut me off before! ;))

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner April 6, 2011 at 8:12 am

Thanks for linking to me!!! :D

Thank you for all of time and effort you put into your blog! :D

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 6, 2011 at 8:27 am

ohhh what a great series!

So nice of you to ‘share the love’
I esp like the look of the mystery nut butter – I def want to learn what’s in it! :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 6, 2011 at 8:31 am

Yummm I want some of those pumpkin pecan oat squares!! I had a massage 2 weekends ago and my body is already screaming for another one. It was ahhhhmazing!! I’m glad you had a great one and I hope you’re feeling a bit better now. Have a lovely day Ange!

Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com April 6, 2011 at 8:35 am

Yummy links!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 6, 2011 at 8:36 am

Thanks for featuring one of my recipes again! There are several up there that I’m really excited about!

Dalai Lina April 6, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thyme Bomb, I’m all in on those babies! Can’t wait to make them! They look delish…

Stephanie April 6, 2011 at 8:51 am

Carrot cake ice cream?! Whoa. I need to head home on lunch just to stick my ice cream maker base in the freezer.

Holly @ The Runny Egg April 6, 2011 at 8:58 am

Love the recipes!!!

The Vegan Reubans have me totally intrigued. I definitely need to check that one out!

JL Goes Vegan April 6, 2011 at 9:02 am

Your generosity abounds! Thank you for including my pressure cooker nachos! (Is it wrong that I pretty much eat them every Sunday night?)

I have booked marked so many of the recipes you are sharing from other wonderful bloggers. The Raw Cashew Dream Cake is calling my name!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 6, 2011 at 9:04 am

Ohh these pictures are making me hungry! I want a HUGE slice of that raw cashew dream cake! A big scoop of carrot cake ice cream would be lovely too :)

Evan Thomas April 6, 2011 at 9:06 am

Woah, the raw cashew dream cake looks like a dream come true.

staceyhealthylife April 6, 2011 at 9:11 am

I love this series. I always find at least a few recipes that I bookmark for future baking and cooking.

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 6, 2011 at 9:30 am

Another incredible addition to the Link Love! The Penne pasta looks incredible, and all those sweet treats sound amazing! Thank for putting another one together for us!

Cait's Plate April 6, 2011 at 9:31 am

Oh my gosh those chocolate chip cookie brownies look AMAZING. Actually, who am I kidding – everything looks amazing!!

Gen April 6, 2011 at 9:33 am

WOW! All of that food looks delicous!

sonia April 6, 2011 at 9:36 am

Thank you so much Angela, for featuring my food on your wonderful blog. Loved all the recipes by fellow bloggers…cheers !

Mistene April 6, 2011 at 9:38 am

Ok I bookmarked half of these to try myself! Definitely need to head to the grocery store ASAP!

Ashley April 6, 2011 at 9:39 am

Wow, these recipes look incredible and so do those globars!!!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 6, 2011 at 9:52 am

These posts are incredible and make me so hungry!

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 6, 2011 at 10:03 am

I love the recipe link love! So much goodness in one post! :)

chelsea April 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

Thanks for sharing these links Angela! Think I may need to try carrot cake ice cream or cake batter pizza!

Mary (what's cookin' with mary) April 6, 2011 at 10:06 am

I love recipe link love ! Thanks for taking the time to make this post!! I know it must be super time consuming, but again, it’s SO COOL! :)

Beth April 6, 2011 at 10:08 am

Glad your massage helped you so much.
I have done a Yoga for Runners class, even though I’m not a runner. My hamstrings and hips are tight and this class helps a lot. Many of stretches/poses I do outside of class too. What a difference.

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day April 6, 2011 at 10:10 am

omg, I don’t even know where to start… everything looks amazing

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life April 6, 2011 at 10:26 am

Oh my all of those sweets look TO DIE FOR! Must go make all of them. :)

megan @ blackberries for jam April 6, 2011 at 10:28 am

Thank you so much for featuring my recipe! I love these posts – so many delicious things to make!

A Teenage Gourmet April 6, 2011 at 10:28 am

You are already sold out!?!?!? I’m so depressed. :(

On a happier note, I hope that someone will check out my Vegan “The Maple” Breakfast Sandwich! It’s to die for, and it made it onto TasteSpotting. :)

Moni'sMeals April 6, 2011 at 10:43 am

wow! what a treat for me to a) read another recipe link love BUT then b) to be featured!

Thank you so much and I just love all these amazing blogs out there. :)

Hannah April 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

i agree with katie that it is so nice for you to link all of these beautiful recipes on your blog! seriously though, how do people have the time to cook such wonderful looking meals? i hope i can do that one day!!

Leia April 6, 2011 at 11:12 am

I’m glad your sciatic pain is doing better! Are you able to run again yet or are you still taking it easy? I hope you’re 100% recovered soon! I’m looking forward to trying out some of these recipes – thanks :)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 6, 2011 at 11:18 am

Massage is so fantastic. I’m glad your new (awesome) therapist said she’ll be able to heal you! I haven’t had a massage in at least 6 months. eak! That cashew dream cake/pie totally caught my eye. It looks so beautiful with the ripples! There are so many yummy things in this post, I’ll have to come back tonight and bookmark everything when I’m off work.

Amber K April 6, 2011 at 11:19 am

Love, love, love! More recipes to add to my growing list of Must-Makes!

[email protected] April 6, 2011 at 11:24 am

Recipes look amazing as usual thanks for posting :)

Jen (The Best Kitchen) April 6, 2011 at 11:28 am

Wow great post! A lot of recipes! Thank you, I’m going to try them all :D

Hannah @ Healthy Life April 6, 2011 at 11:29 am

These all look delicious! I literally would try every single one :) As I am obsessed with carrot cake, the carrot cake ice cream looks right up my street!

Roz April 6, 2011 at 11:54 am

Wow….such amazing photos of amazing looking dishes!!! Thank you for posting!!!!

Natalia - a side of simple April 6, 2011 at 11:57 am

My only dilemma is what to make first!! Thanks for sharing the link love, Angela!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 6, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Oh my gosh I am now officially STARVING.

Baking 'n' Books April 6, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Oh great…now it’s going to take me 3 days to go through all of these :) Seriously…everyone looks better than the next (if possible).

Lurking at that “Banana Almond Bread” though…

Shumaila April 6, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Love love your site! Its truly an inspiration! Will be giving a lot of your recipes a try soon and thanks for compiling this list! Yummy food!

[email protected] April 6, 2011 at 1:27 pm

the pulao rice looks delicious 0_0 they all look wonderful!!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

i just love when you do link love because not only does it allow me to bookmark more recipes, but to bookmark more blogs! Thank you, Ange!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Once again, you have me drooling, Angela, with all these awesome submissions! Thank you for taking the time to organize them and post these linky love posts. Major appreciation for the time/energy/effort it takes to do it!

To everyone who submitted recipes: I think I just opened 25 links and have new bookmarks of things I want to make!

Kelsey April 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm

LOVE link love!!!! thanks as always :)

Ally (oatsandspice) April 6, 2011 at 3:22 pm

My stomach is seriously rumbling after this post – everything looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing your finds!~

And oh gosh I am SOOO due for a massage! I’m jealous of you!

Meg April 6, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Thanks for posting my Mystery Nut Butter Ange!!
It is so yummy!! You guys will love it!
there are so many things on this list I need in my life. lol

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn April 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm

If you could do link love every day, I think I would get fat. Really really fat. As usual, I am drooling to no end. I don’t know where to start!

Christine (The Raw Project) April 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Mmmmm, I could go for a massage now! And wow, so many great recipes here, thanks for posting the list. The Artichoke Hummus, Bibimap and Dreamcake look wonderful!

Reka April 6, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Wow!!!!!!!! So many awesome choices!!!!! Which one should I make first??? :)

jenny eats nutella from a spoon April 6, 2011 at 4:05 pm

oh my, every single thing looks so good. i love these vegan recipe roundups, thanks angela.

Audrey April 6, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I love recipe link love!

Hilary April 6, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I’m not even a vegan and I’m drooling right now….and I am SO jealous of your massage…I ran 13 miles this morning and I need one in the worst way…guess I have to wait for my appointment Monday!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living April 6, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Angela, thanks so much for including another one of my recipes! All of the submissions look fantastic :).

Paulina (One Smile Ahead) April 6, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Thank you so much for featuring my recipe!! Everyone’s submissions look amazing! There is so much stuff I want to try, I don’t think I’ll have enough time :D

Mallory April 6, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Thanks so much for all these awesome recipes put together!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 6, 2011 at 10:21 pm

YAY! Thanks for the link love! Funny thing, the artichoke hummus shot up from being one of my mid range visited pages, to being in my top 3 in just 1 day!! You rock lady!!

Everyone elses looks SO fantastic! I love link love days!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes April 7, 2011 at 5:24 am

WOW! So much tasty food! It all looks so good.

kaila @ healthy helper! April 7, 2011 at 6:38 am

I love this posting series! I book mark these posts every time because the recipes are so amazing! I will resend my scuffin recipe to you….I think you’d really enjoy it! :) Thanks again for the awesome post!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} April 7, 2011 at 7:03 am

Vegan rueben?!! This I gotta see!! Thank you so much for this post series. I love discovering fun new vegan recipes and great blogs that I otherwise wouldn’t know about.

Sirica April 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

Thank you so much for all these recipes links, what a treat!!!

Eselpee April 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Of course I enjoy your personal recipes, but it is fun checking out all of the new sites that come up on your Recipe Link Love series!