Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad + Cookie Dough VOO

IMG_3157

March 23, 2010 (FL vacation)

IMG_9915

IMG_9537IMG_9593IMG_9609IMG_9625IMG_3323 (2)IMG_0105 (2)IMG_9135V0011167IMG_9705DSC_6786IMG_2867IMG_3054IMG_9481IMG_9482IMG_9961

March 23, 2011 (Southern Ontario)

IMG_9952

If you woke up to snow this morning, I feel your pain!

That is a tough pill to swallow.

IMG_9923

IMG_9925

If you squint your eyes really small, you can see the beach and sunshine. I’m lounging with a margarita off in the distance! Cool, huh?

IMG_9949

And because I’m apparently a 90 year old lady, I slipped on the driveway this morning while shoveling and bruised my tailbone! I’m sitting here with a big bag of ice on my bum, sipping hot tea in front of the space heater.

If you think about it, I’m pretty much in Florida right now. And I think I would fit right in with the elderly and their dog strollers.

I’ve always wanted a Cadillac.

IMG_3107

IMG_3103

The great thing about this recipe is that you could pretty much clean out your fridge and use whatever you have and it would still turn out. :) I didn’t have any green beans or apple as in Kath’s recipe, so I just used what I had. Be sure to check out her recipe too!

I came up with 1 orange pepper, 1.25 sweet potato, 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, couple handfuls spinach.

The dressing ingredients: EVOO, pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, S + P.

IMG_3113

My version included onion! ;)

IMG_3114

Get your sauté on.

IMG_3119

Add in the cooked lentils.

IMG_3120 IMG_3122

And in the roasted sweet potatoes.

IMG_3125

And mix everything in!

IMG_3133

Despite the frightful weather we are experiencing, this really is a lovely dish for Spring!

Light, fresh, and energizing!

IMG_3152

I’m also rocking a new bowl of Vegan Overnight Oats this week.

IMG_3166-2

Delicious! Cookie dough and doughy oats are a match made in heaven.

IMG_3163

According to this mug, I should book a tropical vacation today… ;)

IMG_3169

1 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 23, 2011

Yum! I love sweet potato and lentil salad recipe. That looks delicious! I always worry that my sweet potatoes are too mushy and wouldn’t hold up to a salad. I’ll have to try it sometime and get over my fear. :)

2 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 23, 2011

Yum! I just posted about a lentil salad that I made with artichoke hearts….sweet potatoes would be a delicious addition!

3 JT March 23, 2011

I, along with many other Canadians, am sick of the snow. Officially. I very rarely complain about winter, (after all, I am in AB) but this is getting ridiculous! I am on the countdown for a Mexican vacation (7 sleeps!) and seeing as how I am solar powered, I am hoping to recharge my batteries :)

The salad looks great, will be trying it for sure!!!!

Hope you feel better later!

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

Please take me with you! lol

5 Tyrah March 23, 2011

yum lentils and sweets =)

I nominated you for a blog award, I love reading and wanted to say thanks!

6 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

Thank you! :) Will check it out.

7 Elizabeth March 23, 2011

I feel your pain. I awoke this morning (outside philadelphia) to snow, which has now turned into a gray, cold, miserable rain. ugh! But your dish looks quite cheerful. :-)

8 Jackie @ Baking Charms March 23, 2011

I’m moving to the GTA in a few months from North Carolina and the weather is the only thing that has me a little bit sad!!! Keep warm! :)

9 Tessa @ Amazing Asset March 23, 2011

Gahh, slipping on the snow/ice is never fun! It is even worse when someone sees you and you have to act like it was no big deal, no matter how much pain you’re in! Haha
Lentils + Sweet potatoes are among my favorite ingredients, I will definitely be trying this recipe out once I am home from school and have a place to cook in! Thanks for the recipe :)

10 Jenny March 23, 2011

Both of these recipes look heavenly! The lentil salad looks so simple yet SO satisfying!

11 Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 23, 2011

Cookie dough with breakfast? LOVE Hope your tail bone feels better!

12 Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 23, 2011

I need to make that sweet potato and lentil salad stat!! Another great creation!

13 Hannah March 23, 2011

I live in Rochester, and pretty much follow the same weather pattern that you get in Toronto! I was willing to accept it early this morning, but only if it stopped at a light dusting….but it looks like its gonna keep going!!! Argg lake effect snow!! Oh well, it will only make us appreciate the warmer weather more!

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

yea I know what you mean, it’s going strong here!

15 Anastasia March 23, 2011

Ooh, the sweet potato lentil recipe looks amazing! It is an excellent spring dish and fortunately we are having spring big time here in Tennessee. I hope it heads your way soon!

16 Destini March 23, 2011

This will be my dinner tonight!!! I live in Winnipeg and we are slooooowllly getting rid of our snow. Please don’t send it back here =p

17 Ashley March 23, 2011

I woke up to snow as well, though I’m on the West Coast of the US– meaning it will probably melt in a couple of days! It was seriously 70 degrees last week.
I love the coffee mug– where’d you get it?
I slipped on ice last year and ended up giving myself a concussion! It was a pretty painful sight– I actually tried to make it through my classes at university before trekking up to the student medical center. I was seeing stars!
This recipe looks delish! I hope you feel better soon– maybe the sun will come out for ya!

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

I’ve had a concussion from slipping on the road too…and nearly got hit by a car! It is never fun to fall.

The mug is from Indigo book store. The mug is actually by a company called ‘Quotable mugs’ Their website is here: http://www.quotablecards.com

19 Ashley March 23, 2011

I hate it– I never suffered from migraines before that fall! The doc told me then that it was minor, no harm really done, but my balance is still off, and get headaches a lot more:( No fun! Thanks for the website info!

20 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 23, 2011

Yes I woke up to snow :( I was not excited to drive to work this morning — hopefully the commute home isn’t too bad — I am such a nervous driver as is, throw snow in the mix and I’m a ball of nerves!

Angela the sweet potato salad looks delicious — and so do the Cookie Dough VOO!!! Those cookie dough bites look incredible.

21 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 23, 2011

22 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 23, 2011

Eek, sorry about the double post!

23 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious March 23, 2011

I am going to totally love this salad – I’ve been using sweet potatoes and lentils alot this winter!!

I love that you are crushing on cookie dough lately. Your smoothie and VOO looks so good – doesn’t anything with cookie dough bits in it?!?

24 Lesley Lifting Life March 23, 2011

I think I’m a 90 year old lady too, I ALWAYS fall at least once during winter. I hope your snow melts very soon … unfortunately, I think I’m going to get some of that again soon too!

25 Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition March 23, 2011

Fun pics and awesome recipes! I added these to my to-try list and posted your link on my blog :)

26 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 23, 2011

Sorry about your bum! True story, I broke mine while trying to kick my leg over the top of a shopping cart handle…and falling hard on the grocery store cement floor. (I know, I was a brilliant 13 year old…ha) And now, my tailbone is crooked. All that to say — tailbone hurt, I feel your pain, and hope it feels better soon! :)

Lovely lentil and sweet potato blend! And would you look at that, we have some leftover lentils…hmm…

27 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

ouch!!! That sounds painful. Did you have to get physical therapy for it?

28 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 23, 2011

It hurt, but not like breaking most bones would. Just sore. No physical therapy or anything; in fact, at first they told me it was just bruised! Once it “healed” crooked, I was pretty sure they were wrong ;) Apparently because your coccyx is a series of tiny vertebrae, if it breaks, they fuse together. And thus it’s easier for it to become crooked. So weird. But now I have a random fun fact about myself, I suppose? ;) Hope you’re feeling better soon!

29 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 23, 2011

Do you know if you can sub in regular milk on most of your recipes?

I am feelin ya on desperately wanting/needing a nice tropical vacation. Hope you heal quickly!

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

Yup Im pretty sure any milk would work!

31 Lana March 23, 2011

The lentil salad looks soooo good and easy!! I’m going to have to remember this one…

32 Moni'sMeals March 23, 2011

Both of these meals look beyond comforting! I am on it…love the taste of Spring.

I love the comparison of last year and this year, I remember your posts too from that trip!
Soon that snow will be GONE!

33 Alaina March 23, 2011

I live by that quote on the mug. Have ever since I graduated high school.

Booo to snow. I can’t wait for the spring! :-)

34 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope March 23, 2011

Sorry about the tailbone… I’ve definitely had a few bad spills on my butt! It HURTS! Hope that snow/ice melt for you ASAP! I’m sure you’ll be able to keep the energy up with those fabulous recipes. :)

35 Katy @ A Healthy Shot of Life March 23, 2011

Ugh, I feel your pain! Monday- flip flops, Today- snow. Sorry to hear about your tailbone :(

I just recently bought dried lentils and I’ve been looking for a recipe- I’ve been eating them with a little lemon juice, EVOO, avocado and cilantro…a bit bland. I’ll have to try out your recipe!!

36 AGS March 23, 2011

Torture (noun) — the sensation Ange must have experienced while comparing her two photo collages.

Comfort (noun) — the realization that at least you can still have good food, no matter the environs.

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

haha yes!!

38 AGS March 23, 2011

P.S. If you make your banana soft-serve with rum (instead of almond milk), that is also comforting. I mean, it comforted me when I was thinking back to my last excursion to the beach.

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

I think I will have to make a Margarita version ;)

40 faith @ lovelyascharged March 23, 2011

Don’t get too jealous…its chilly(ish) and kind of overcast in orlando this morning. Ah well…I suppose that’s better than doggish heat!

41 Shanna, Like Banana March 23, 2011

Oh man, that would be a tough pill to swallow! I feel your pain…Cali has been swamped with downpours for over a week and I am in desperate need of sun and warmth!

42 Baking 'n' Books March 23, 2011

I heard CA was going a lot of wet weather.

I’ve often wondered if I’d rather have snow or rain – thought about moving out West to B.C or something….rain seems better than scraping shovels of snow off your car and the cold…but it can also be depressing?

Hmm. Win-Lose either way :)

43 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh March 23, 2011

Holy Snow!! Definitely a change from the previous year! I have some lentils AND sweet potatoes in my fridge..this recipe is calling my name! :)

44 Jenn from Much to My Delight March 23, 2011

Yup, snowing (very lightly) in New York too. Good news for you is how adorable you look in yoru snow-gear! That recipe seems like a nice season-transition dish; the orange sweet potato and maple syrup remind me of fall/winter while the bright spinach gives me hope for the emergence of fresh greens!

45 Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com March 23, 2011

Love the lentil salad! These are some of my fave foods all in one dish. Yum! I too store my lentils in mason jars. Awesome! :)

46 Sam @ the neurotic yogini March 23, 2011

Those cookie dough balls look so good! Gonna have to try this soon. Mmm!

47 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 23, 2011

It’s official: I am now starving. Both of these recipes look so so good!!! I hope your tailbone is ok. This snow is brutal…. I’m hoping it melts by the end of the week. We’re almost in April for heaven’s sake!

48 Mackenzie @ Eat. Exercise. Evolve March 23, 2011

I wanted to let you know that I’ve had two green monsters this week! The one this morning was DIVINE. *And* my fiance has made it a permanent breakfast! Gasp! Thanks for making it easier to give him fruits and veggies. :) Loved the idea of adding chia to it too.

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

Glad you enjoy the GM’s!

50 Carly March 23, 2011

I’m so sad about your snow! Should I tell you that it is supposed to reach 15 degrees out West today?

51 jenna March 23, 2011

oh my heavens!! I’m sending you sunshine vibes!! I couldn’t handle another snow storm this year thats for sure!! I hope it gets warm for you soon, dear!

what an awesome breakfast!!! yumo!! :)

52 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans March 23, 2011

The snow was not a pleasant sight at all this morning but hopefully its winter’s last hooray for the season!

53 JL Goes Vegan March 23, 2011

Sigh. I just returned from sunny Florida Sunday night. Monday morning it snowed. :(

I think lentils and sweet potatoes are destined to be together! The spinach takes it over the top. Anxious to try this recipe!

54 Emily March 23, 2011

Yikes! I hope your tailbone feels better, I hurt mine once via an awesome skiing wipeout… It felt like it took forever to heal!

And those oats… YUM. Anything with cookie dough looks amazing to me.

55 Jessica P. March 23, 2011

I just put in a pot of lentils in the crockpot overnight. I accidentally made more than I could handle, so I decided to check your site for some recipes. Lo and behold, the perfect recipe was right on the front page. What a crazy coincidence. Will probably use up my last batch of sweet potatoes and broccoli instead of spinach. Cannot wait to make it!

56 Amber K March 23, 2011

What a great idea to use up your cookie dough balls! I just wrote a blog about using your blizzard recipe because it was just that good :)

57 Heather (heathers dish) March 23, 2011

This salad sounds so good, and I have all if the ingredients!

58 Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude March 23, 2011

Oh everything sounds good! I think I’ll make this tonight!

59 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 23, 2011

I can’t believe all that snow! I guess I shouldn’t tell you it’s 78 degrees here today? ;)

that salad looks like the perfect cold weather meal. Stay warm!

60 Brandi March 23, 2011

Mmmm the cookie dough voo looks delicious! Have you ever tried to make a green monster voo?

61 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 23, 2011

Beautiful photos… all those colors and flavors make it seem possible to survive the last few winter-y days!

62 Allison Suter March 23, 2011

I’m so over winter. It ruined my morning this morning… downtown TO is a miserable place to be right now.

Anyway, I love your mug… I just received my Thoreau quote from Etsy in the mail yesterday. It’s grey, and pretty.

63 Rebecca Meier March 23, 2011

I currently live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL so I’ll bottle up some of this warm Florida sun and weather and send it your way…. :)

64 Hannah March 23, 2011

Mmmm that VOO looks delish-I also like the idea of adding more chia seeds because they are so high in fiber!

At school we had a gorgeous sunny day on Sunday and the it snowed yesterday. Boo!

65 Peggy @ freshnutrition.net March 23, 2011

Love sweet potatoes,love lentils and in fact made a sweet potato and lentil soup that I posted yesterday on my blog.

Looking forward to trying this one, maybe even tonight!

66 J March 23, 2011

HI Angela,
I really enjoy your blog. Props to you and all you’ve accomplished! You really seem like a positive person and do a great job of passing that positivity on to others. Here is my question for you. I’m just wondering if you have any specific advice for a girl in her, yikes! kind of later 20’s trying to gain weight. I know I am underweight, I don’t really count calories in order to restrict them or weigh myself. I just try to eat healthy (pretty much all whole plant based foods, rarely meat though not vegan and I love some kind of dessert every night) and I practice yoga 3-4 times a week. Plus having moved to NY not long ago I walk everywhere now. If I’m running late it turns into a pretty good workout:) Anyway, the whole combo has put me below where I need to be pound-wise and I’m having trouble adding the calories I guess. Food routines are hard to break it seems. Any ideas? If you find some time to respond i”d be very appreciative.

Sorry about all your snow! We have rain here, yuck! If only we could all be in Florida right now! Thanks

67 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 23, 2011

Yuck! So sorry for all the snow! Major bummer at the end of March!!! But if it makes you feel better, the lentil salad and the VOO look so so good!!

68 kaila @ healthy helper! March 23, 2011

6 inches here in Buffalo! YUCK! I am starting to detest Mother Nature! Thankfully these yummy recipes made me much happier! :)

69 laura March 23, 2011

Looks so nutritous and delicious!
I saw that mug at chapters, inpsiring!

70 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 23, 2011

Cookie dough voo… drool!

71 Elizabeth @ RunWithSneakers March 23, 2011

Angela, you can come visit me here in Austin. Today it’s 82* and gorgeous! Better come soon, cause it turns hot, humid, and buggy very soon here!

72 Kath March 23, 2011

Nom nom.

Although I can’t believe you added an onion!!!!!! The nerve!!!! ;)

Love the VOO photos today!

73 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

haha I guess you wont be having the leftovers then? ;)

74 Richelle March 23, 2011

Ouch! I hope you tailbone is feeling better soon, that is no fun. I woke up with snow too and I’m thinking of running on my treadmill after work instead of outside. I need sun and heat soon!
I love sweet potatoes and lentils, so this salad would be right up my alley. Also I have to try those cookie dough balls, they look fantastic in your VOO.

75 Audrey March 23, 2011

I love that photo with the antique tint, just before the recipe starts. Striking use of light and shadow!

76 lauren @ spiced plate March 23, 2011

I agree!

77 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 23, 2011

thanks!

78 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 23, 2011

“Get your sauté on.”—
Oh that is classic. Love.It.

Love the bright orange sweet taters with the browns of the lentils. SO PRETTY to look at! Great recipe, love the dressing component. I bet the flavors are perfect together.

But the cookie dough balls is really where it’s at. I mean, how can lentils really compete with cookie dough? :)

And love the flashback to your Fla vacay pics…how fun!

79 rebecca lustig March 23, 2011

to go from the florida sun to the canadian snow must be rough. it was for me, just LOOKING at your pics!

have a great day,
Rebecca

80 Allison March 23, 2011

Yea its in the 80s here in St. Augustine Florida:):) I cant imagine having snow!!! You should just drive down lol its only like 20 some hours, totally worth it for the sun and hot weather! Plus it gives you a nice long time to sit on ice and help your bum heal!

I had chocolate chips in my overnight oats the other day and it made me so happy but chocolate chip cookie dough balls would be even better:)

81 lauren @ spiced plate March 23, 2011

I’m so incredibly obsessed with lentils right now — i’m going to have to try this out soon! And, lord, those cookie dough balls are JUST right I need right NOW. I wish I could conjure them out of my computer screen.

82 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} March 23, 2011

There’s no snow here, but I still wish I was in Florida! Or California, Mexico, the Bahamas, Jamaica…I’ll take anywhere there’s a beach and lots of sunshine. Instead I am stuck with rain and chilly wind. Yuck.
On a happier note, both recipes look great! :-)

83 Sarah @ The Strength of Faith March 23, 2011

It’s been snowing all day in Connecticut. I’m less than amused.

84 Bridget March 23, 2011

Aww you poor thing all bundled up in the snow :( It’s funny how the weather today is all wintery on the east coast, yet it’s a warm sunny day in Victoria BC. I’m sending you weather wishes from my city……that is……if you send me a bowl of those oats haha ;)

85 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 23, 2011

Yum I can’t get enough sweet potatoes right now! Delicious as always Angela.

86 Justeen @ Blissful Baking March 23, 2011

I going to be trying out both of these recipes ASAP. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods, and cookie dough just makes me swoon! :)

87 Brittany March 23, 2011

Love the winter pictures, but it does remind me why I love living in Florida :)

88 Namaste Gurl March 23, 2011

I bet this would be an excellent vegan side to bring to a party! SOOO bookmarking this, as I go to lots of parties and events with non- veg food

89 Jen March 23, 2011

I’m probably the only blogger (and oatmeal fan) in the world who can say this…but I’ve NEVER made overnight oats before. They’re so easy…so I don’t know why I’ve never given them a try. Your picture is inspiring me to go buy some chia seeds and make that recipe!

90 staceyhealthylife March 23, 2011

I fell on my stairs last week and bruised my tail bone also. It’s still killing me. It takes a while to heal and it’s really annoying when working out.

91 Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 23, 2011

Cookie Dough Oats?! Yes please!!! I’d probably stir in some cocoa and make them double chocolate VOO!

92 Gina March 23, 2011

I’m going to Florida in 3 weeks…you can come if you make the cookie dough voo every morning for me ;)

93 Ashley March 23, 2011

Oooh la la to both recipes! I can’t believe you have more snow. Although it snowed a few times in May here last year. Yak! Sorry about your tailbone…I fell off a ladder last week and killllled my butt! The salad colors are gorgeous. :)

94 Cara Craves... March 23, 2011

Oh no, your poor bottom!
Hopefully the ice helps.
Take care grandma ;)

95 megan @ the oatmeal diaries March 23, 2011

This is almost (almost!) too much deliciousness for one post!!! I am loving your mug too :)

96 Chocolate-Coated Runner March 23, 2011

Those snow pictures look beautiful! Looks like fun :)

97 allison March 23, 2011

I know you’re ready for all of the snow to be gone and for spring to arrive! But for all of us Southerners… Spring is in full force with high’s in the 80s already — this means a few things… yes, days are beautiful down here but a. pollen season is already in full force and all of cars are beginning to have a yellowish/green tint and b. hurricane season is going to be a scary one this year!

Stay warm. I’m thinking about you Northerners :)
allison

98 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 23, 2011

The VOO looks like dessert. I like that :-)

99 Amanda March 24, 2011

Your poor bum! I woke up this morning to see snow as well…. then I swore. A lot.

100 Sara March 24, 2011

Angela,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Your blog is absolutely amazing. We need more women in the world like you! We need to start being real and HONEST with each other, and visiting your blog is like getting a great big warm hug. I just love it. I always leave with a smile. And I always leave a little hungry… funny how that works. ;)

Cheers,

Sara

101 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

thanks Sara!

102 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 24, 2011

I did overnight oats for the first time today! I was like, I can’t believe I haven’t done this yet, Ange is going to kill me ;)

103 Ellie@fitforthesoul March 24, 2011

aww lovely pictures Angela! And the oats look so yummy…’tis okay, I’ll be waking up soon for bfast. :P

104 shana @100lbsandcounting March 24, 2011

ANGELA!! have you seen the following contest hosted by Whole Foods? I got it in my inbox today and INSTANTLY thought it’d be PERFECT for you! Please try out for it!!! winner gets a “culinary foodie fantasy trip” to Europe! DO IT!! =)

105 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner March 24, 2011

Oh the lentil salad… yum!! I love lentils.. I think the texture of the sweet potato would be a great mix.
I totallllllllllllly agree about the snow/winter… ENOUGH ALREADY eh!! We’re ready for Spring!

106 Paige @Running Around Normal March 24, 2011

Oh Ange! I feel for you! And this worries me a bit…Shane and I are on a beach vacation – it’s imminent, what we’re coming home to back in Illinois! Hope the snow melts with the sun for you today :)

107 Bethany March 24, 2011

I made the sweet potato/lentil salad last night, and it was delicious! My husband and I both liked it. And a great recipe to have since I always have all of the ingredients it calls for. Thanks!

108 Bethany March 24, 2011

Looking forward to making the Cookie Dough VOO too. : )

109 Helen @ healing through positivity March 24, 2011

Could you tell me if you used fresh, raw spinach or do you pre cook it before adding? I am over the top excited about trying this salad at the weekend!!!

110 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 24, 2011

Your Overnight oats looks exquisite!!!! I love it! :D

xoxo
Kathleen

111 Veronica March 24, 2011

Aw, poor Ange! No snow here in Kansas, yet, but I’m afraid it’s heading for us. :( This salad looks amazing and is on my “to try” list. I love sweet potatoes and I’m trying to get my hubby to like them too. So far, the only way he’s almost liked them is in beef stew. We’ll see if I can get him to eat them in a vegan dish. I love that purple triangular bowl you have your oats in!!

112 Sarah S. March 24, 2011

I *finally* jumped on the VOO bandwagon! I only wish I had done it sooner. So. Good.
I’ve been craving your vegan cookie dough blizzard ever since you posted it, and now I have an even better excuse to get to it! Leftover dough for VOO!!! So excited :)

Stay warm!

113 Hilary March 24, 2011

Lookin’ tasty! Cookie dough for breakfast?!…HELLO! I need to get on the overnight oats bandwagon!

114 Jennifer Drummond March 24, 2011

I love the Sweet Potato dish! I made it for dinner tonight! I made the dressing, but forgot to add it, but it tasted so good without it, so much flavor with the onions and peppers. I didn’t have the lentils so I used a Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Medley (cooked in veggie broth) and followed your directions exact and let me tell you it was so tasty with the rice. I am bringing some to work tomorrow to share with my co-workers.

115 Christine March 25, 2011

Thanks for inspiring my dinner last night! No sweet potatoes, but I made do. I used quinoa instead of lentils because I didn’t have any and used fresh green beans and some leftover corn with the onion and garlic. I also added a can of small white beans to add some protein. That dressing is delicious! :-)

116 Helen @ healing through positivity March 29, 2011

This salad was a little bit of HEAVEN – who knew lentils could be so yummy!!!

117 Amanda March 29, 2011

I have tried both of these recipes and they are FANTASTIC!!! I have become addicted to your site, thank you so much for taking the time and love to make this! <3

118 Geneviève March 30, 2011

O. M. G.
I tried the sweet potato and lentil salad tonight and it was freakin’ AMAZING.
I thought I didn’t like sweet potatoes but this recipe completely proved me wrong. Cheap, nutritious, delicious. What more can you ask for?!!? I’m already excited for leftovers tomorrow night!!
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. It’s officially going on my weekly supper rotation.

119 Tawney April 13, 2011

I’m new to this site and just making it to this recipe. Cold wet west coast weather + this warm salad = a fabulous lunch. This will be a regular dish!

120 Janet April 15, 2011

This is a delicious meal and oh so healthy! I have bookmarked it on my iPad. Wonderful and easy to prepare! I substituted agave and it was still very tasty. Thank you! I am looking forawrd to trying your other recipes…

121 Masha October 18, 2012

i just made this and its AMAZING. I’m a big sauce/dressing person so i pretty much tripled the dressing recipe to use lol eating it now :) YUM

122 Amy September 24, 2013

I made this for dinner tonight. College student style: microwaved the sweet potato, water cooked garlic and onion (I don’t have olive oil), and subbed apple cider vinegar for the balsamic vinegar–this is one of my new favorite dishes! I am looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow! A great straight forward recipe, and über delicious!
Thanks for sharing! :))

123 yogamom March 21, 2016

I made this using some leftover black eyed peas with green bean snaps. Didn’t even add the spinach or pepper because I didn’t have that, and dish was absolutely delicious. It’s the dressing, I think, that makes this recipe so good. Will definitely make again, with or without whatever is left over in the fridge! Thanks for another great recipe.