Recipe Link Love, March 5

VEGANrecipelinklove

Our weather report is calling for record amounts of rain all weekend long, but I refuse to complain about the rain when it promises to melt away all the snow! Hopefully by Sunday our snow will be gone (for good).

IMG_9704

Things you should know:

• There are just 8 days until we Spring the clocks forward (which means it will be light out until after 7pm!)
  • Only 15 days until Spring

This news comforts me. Red rose

We’re looking forward to some fun and relaxation this weekend after spending the past two weekends doing renos. We finally finished installing the baseboard and painting them on Thursday night. To finish off the room we need to purchase a chandelier, outlet plates, and move the furniture back in. We have plans to refinish the current table that we have (it is a hand me down and needs a bit of work) and then we will need to purchase some chairs for it at some point. We probably won’t be doing that for a while though because we are a bit ‘reno’ed’ out. It will have to do for now!

We might also buy some curtains, but I may need your advice on that because we really have no idea what will look good in the room. I’m really clueless when it comes to picking out curtains! ‘After’ pictures should be coming up hopefully by the end of the weekend!

Let’s kick off the weekend with these 22 savoury and sweet vegan recipes from around the web. Whether you are looking for a lunch or dinner recipe….or maybe even a sweet snack this weekend, you just may find delicious inspiration here…

1. Roasted Garlic Apple Butternut Squash Soup from Eat Live Be Well.

2. Mushroom and Broad Bean Pilaf from Wayfaring Chocolate.

IMG_2631

3. Butternut Squash Macaroni ‘Un’ Cheese from Zestful Lou.

DSC02345

4. Chickpea Tomato Wrap from Healthy Happy Mama

Chickpea Tomato Wrap.

5. Curried Sweet Potato Hash from A Little Fancy.

IMG_1568

6. Moroccan Carrot Salad from The Haggis and the Herring.

carrot_salad

7. Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits from Peanut Butter and Ginger.

p10100111

8. PETA’s SunDried Tomato & Pesto Linguine from Veggie Kids.

PetaLinguine

9. Lentil Salad with Carrot and Orange from Anthimeria.

10. Large Lima Beans in Tomato Sauce from Make It Naked.

DSC04087

11. Pumpkin, Bean, and Quinoa Soup from One Sweet Vegan.

DSC_0244

12. Mushroom & Kale Quinoa Risotto from Dairy Free Betty.

DSC_0056

13. Wild Mushroom Soup from Sprint 2 The Table.

5437358963_665880b585

14. Delectable Cherry Vanilla Tarts from Barefoot and Frolicking.

MC- 3 -Delectable Cherry Vanilla Tarts

15. Microwave Blueberry Banana Oat Cakes (Vegan & GF) from Love Veggies and Yoga.

IMG_1686

16. Chocolate Coconut Pudding from Colourful Palate.

Pudding-031-510x395

17. Spiced Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Red Head Recipes.

IMG_1515

18. 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Drops from Healthful Pursuit.

peanutbutter banana drops4

19. Notella from Bonne Santé.

IMG_3001

20. Cookies and Cream Cake from Veggie Couture.

IMG_0334

21. Spelt Banana Muffins from Cate’s World Kitchen.

bananamuffins

22. Pure Joy Bars from Happy Healthy Mama.

Pure Joy Bars

To the weekend!

~~

Recipe Link Love is a new series highlighting other blogger’s vegan recipes right here on OSG! For more info, see this post.

Missed these previous Recipe Link Love posts?

Feb 26 2011

Feb 28, 2011

March 2, 2011

1 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 5, 2011

I can’t believe there’s still snow anywhere!!!

It’s amazing all the wonderful recipes everyone’s coming up with! I want to make the Notella and vegan buttermilk biscuits! Love!

2 Meg March 5, 2011

great. i love these link things. i now officially have like 14 recipes written out i want to try. not including all the recipes off thsi site.
whoever things vegan is boring is just not adventurous.

3 jen @ taste life March 5, 2011

I’m so sorry you still have snow! And soooo happy to hear the clocks change in 8 days, I had no idea it was so soon!

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 5, 2011

I know I didn’t realize that either…it is SO nice though! I have already noticed the longer days lately and that will make it even better. :)

5 Kathleen March 5, 2011

Mm, loving the look of those tarts and cookies! Okay, and the wild mushroom soup sounds amazing too but I am a total sucker for desserts! :D
Looking forward to the reno ‘after’ shots too; good luck with your final purchasing decisions (but that sounds like the best part, decisions rather than a whole bunch of backbreaking work! ;))

6 kate@ahealthypassion March 5, 2011

Ahh I have seriously bookmarked 20+ recipes since this series has started, I have some serious cooking to do! I do love having so many wonderful vegan recipes in one place thanks for hosting this :)

7 Gen March 5, 2011

I’m really loving these posts!!!! So many new recipes that I want to try!

8 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 5, 2011

I literally have each installment of this series bookmarked because every day looks more delicious than the last. Can’t wait to get cooking!

9 radioactivegan March 5, 2011

I was just wondering when daylight savings time starts; thanks! I really appreciate that you put all these great recipes in one place. Now I just have to decide which ones to cook first …

10 Alaina Rose @ Sweetness of Life March 5, 2011

Holy goodness! All these recipes look so beautiful and delicious. What a sweet thing you’re doing here with this link love! <3 Thank you.

11 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans March 5, 2011

Oh wow! So many delicious looking recipes. Those banana drops sound incredible!

12 Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 5, 2011

So many more delicious looking recipes to try, can’t wait!

13 jen March 5, 2011

I can’t wait for spring either! these all look delicious, thank you!

14 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 5, 2011

Thanks for including my mushroom soup!

I am absolutely loving this “round up.” I have a feeling I’m going to be making some dessert tonight! ANd that microwave blueberry oat cake tomorrow morning… or for dinner… :)

15 Baking 'n' Books March 5, 2011

Yeah, that oat cake looks amazing.

As does all it though. And the clocks go back next weekend??! Wow. It’s actually pretty light out now until 6:30 I find…

Raining here too :(

16 Mel S March 5, 2011

The oat cake is delicious and so easy to make! I made it last weekend before my long run.

17 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 5, 2011

LMK how it turns out for you :)

18 Emily @ One Sweet Vegan March 5, 2011

Since my 3-year-old always wakes up at the crack of dawn, I’m looking forward to springing forward in hopes that he’ll wake up later. It doesn’t always go as I plan, though.
Thank you for posting my Pumpkin, Bean, Quinoa soup! :-)

19 Embodying Freedom March 5, 2011

Ah! A VEGAN Oreo cake? Swoon! Everyone knows that anything Oreo-related is a sure-thing for me. That cake looks so moist/dense too–I’m not a cake fan, but THAT one got me to click over!

20 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe March 5, 2011

I love these posts, there are so many recipes I’ve bookmarked from them!

21 Richelle March 5, 2011

Yay! I am so happy spring is getting closer! We have more snow than you in Alberta though and no forecast for rain. Oh well, longer days means it will warm up and start to melt.

22 Mary @ Bites and Bliss March 5, 2011

Those recipes look fantastic!! I must try those vegan buttermilk biscuits.

23 barefoot and frolicking March 5, 2011

Angela, thank you so much for featuring my Cherry Tarts recipe!! It is an honor for me to take part in your Recipe Link Love project (such a fantastic idea). I absolutely love your website, and find your posts so inspiring. You’ve made my day, girl!

All of these recipes look absolutely amazing! What a perfect weekend to spend in the kitchen (raining here in Niagara too!).

24 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 5, 2011

Thanks for your submissions! You have awesome stuff (I was stalking your blog!)

25 barefoot and frolicking March 6, 2011

likewise and thank you! Have a great day :)

26 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 5, 2011

I dieeee. I have been CRAVING mac and cheese like it is my J-O-B lately, and pudding, and anything with peanut butter and/or coconut:) Thanks girl!

27 Renée March 5, 2011

Those buttermilk biscuits look amazing!

28 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) March 5, 2011

All those recipes look incredible! I have made the banana oat cakes (Averie’s recipe) and they are FANTASTIC!

That notella looks awesome!

29 Felicia March 5, 2011

That roasted garlic apple butternut squash soup sounds so delicious! Hope the weather gets better for you soon.

30 Sarah @ veggie-kids.blogspot.com/ March 5, 2011

Wow-these recipes look soooo good! I love that you’re doing this so we can check out other people’s blogs and recipes. (And thanks for including my linguine recipe too!).

I can’t wait to see the “After” pics of your lovely room.

By the way, I don’t know how you survive the winter. I moved to California 10 years ago and have never looked back-we are super spoiled here with too much sunshine! I guess it makes you appreciate the nice weather more than I do!

Sarah
veggie-kids.blogspot

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 5, 2011

Oh I would kill for the California sunshine right about now!!!

32 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty March 5, 2011

Thanks for the link Love!!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend!

33 Nicole March 5, 2011

So many delicious recipes. Thank you!! I cannot wait too see your after pictures of your room.

34 Roz March 5, 2011

More amazing recipes. Thanks for sharing!!! Have a good weekend Angela.

35 Amber K March 5, 2011

I love the recipe from Love Veggies & Yoga! I had never seen that blog before and I love that (at least from what I can tell) her stuff is gluten-free!

36 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 5, 2011

Thank you so much :) And yes most (95%+ of what I post is GF)

37 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 5, 2011

Blech, so far I’m not loving the rain today! It makes me not even want to leave the house. :P

38 Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh March 5, 2011

I love this idea :) It’s great seeing all these talented bloggers and their yummy food!

39 Paije March 5, 2011

Ahhh soo jealous that you have RAIN and not SNOW! It snowed again in Saskatoon yesterday!
I am so totally loving all the link love!! I’m drooooling over that chickpea tomato wrap!

40 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 5, 2011

Sending warmer weather wishes your way :)

41 Jenny March 5, 2011

i love the recipe link loves! thanks for sharing, i love the diverse vegan recipes everyone comes up with! It makes the idea of becoming vegan a lot easier on the mind!

42 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama March 5, 2011

Thank you, Angela, for including two of my recipes here. You made my day! I’ve really enjoyed discovering new blogs through your link love posts.

43 Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen March 5, 2011

OH yum! Those cherry vanilla tarts caught my eye, they look amazing, cherry + vanilla is one of my favorite combos!

44 barefoot and frolicking March 5, 2011

Hi Amanda, thanks for the comment about my cherry vanilla tarts! They are so fun to make, and super delicious :)

45 Ellie@fitforthesoul March 5, 2011

Holy cow! Errr Holy Veg! They all look so good, especially the desserts. They’re callin’ myy nammmmeee

46 Moni'sMeals March 5, 2011

I really enjoy your Recipe Love Link! So much talent. :)

Have a great Sat. :)

47 Emma March 5, 2011

Yay for link love! Besides the fact of getting new great recipes, we discover new great blogs! I can’t wait to try to microwave banana oat cake, since my apartment here in New Zealand only has a microwave–no oven! gasp!

48 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 5, 2011

Thank you, Angela, for featuring my recipe! I am delighted and thrilled to be included on your linky love list with so many other awesome bloggers and cooks!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and yes, the days ARE getting longer! I was just noticing that this week, and whenever I notice that, I always know that the “bonus” of changing the clocks comes soon. I love the spring for this reason! Hate the fall b/c I feel like it’s a double whammy…not only are the days getting shorter but then changing the clocks makes it feel doubly bad. Gotta love SPRING!

49 Gina March 5, 2011

Thank you so much for including my recipe, Angela! It means alot :)

15 days until spring is such a wonderful bit of news. It can’t come soon enough!

50 JL goes Vegan March 5, 2011

Mmmmm the curried sweet potato looks awfully good! Another great list of recipes — my “to make” list is growing!

51 Annette @ EnjoyYOURHealthyLife March 5, 2011

wow, these all look amazing!! I want the oat cakes and chickpea tomato wraps….and stat :)

52 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. March 5, 2011

Thank you Angela for including my recipe! I’m loving this series. Drool….

be well,
carolyn

53 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 5, 2011

Oh wow, the cookies and creme cake looks amazing!! I can’t wait to see the photos of your reno project – but I agree, you should take a rest, I’d be all reno-ed out too! :)

54 Mae March 6, 2011

This is kind of unrelated, but I made the no bake chocolate macaroons today (http://ohsheglows.com/2011/02/03/no-bake-chocolate-macaroons/), and they were great! I subbed in confectioners sugar and oat milk, and I made them about 1 inch in diameter and rolled them in the PB fudge from this recipe (http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/28/no-bake-peanut-butter-chocolate-crispies-with-pb-fudge/) and then in more coconut. So good!

55 A Teenage Gourmet March 6, 2011

These post couldn’t be any more timely! I’m going vegan for lent, and I’ll definitely refer to these ideas. Thank you. :)

56 Stefanie March 6, 2011

I am enjoying these posts. Thank you for doing this. :)

57 Kathi March 6, 2011

I just wanted to chime in as well Angela! I am so much enjoy the recipes and love to see moe wonderful blogs. Can’t have enough blog friends!

58 Lauren (PB&G) March 6, 2011

Thank you so much for including my recipe, Angela! This round of recipes sounds perfect for this time of year. I’m a soup fiend! Can’t wait to try, well, pretty much every recipe you’ve linked so far!

59 Mushrooms Canada March 7, 2011

Love all the mushroom recipe links in this round-up Angela! ;)
– Brittany