Recipe Link Love + Paul McDonald

20101016-IMG_7128

The other night while I was in a deep, deep sleep, the little mouse on the wheel was working very hard!

I had a dream…no, a vision.

My vision told me that it would be fun to do a post (or series of posts) highlighting other blogger’s vegan recipes right here on OSG. In my dream, I saw pictures of cookies, brownies, casseroles, pizzas, and muffins, floating among the clouds.

When I awoke, I knew I had to make the dream a reality. Recipe link love will sort of be like my Health News Round Up posts, only this will feature yummy reader recipes (with photos!).

Soooooo….

If you have a kick-bootay vegan recipe that you’d like to submit, email: recipes [at] ohsheglows.com the following info:

• 1 photo of your recipe
  • Title of your recipe
  • The link to the recipe on your blog
  • You can submit as many as you like
  • It doesn’t have to be your original recipe (just make sure to cite the source if using someone else’s)

That is it!

Remember, I’m looking for vegan recipes for this feature, so the picture of your Uncle Bernie’s pig roast ain’t gonna fly. ;)

If your recipe is selected, I will put the title of your recipe (linking back to your blog) along with the photo. I’m not sure how many I will receive so I can’t promise everything will be posted, but I will try to feature as many as I can.

Hopefully, this works out and becomes a fun little series on the blog! Or… I might not receive any submissions at all, and you will be stuck with me for good. It really could go either way.

20101012-IMG_5844

In other news: I’m hooked on this season of American Idol.

Are you guys watching?

More importantly, have you seen Paul McDonald? He is one of my favs so far.

After some Facebook browsing stalking, I discovered that Paul created a band called The Grand Magnolias. I listened to their Album and I loved it so much I bought it on the spot! (The digital download is only $7.99 US).

It’s strange because I haven’t watched American Idol in years, but for some reason this season sucked me in. Eric is also hooked, which is even more funny to me because he is the ANTI-REALITY TV guy.

This concludes my American Idol PSA.

1 Britt February 25, 2011

I’m not normally an Idol watcher either, but I’m totally loving this season. JLo drew me in, but there is some fantastic singers this year!

2 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) February 25, 2011

I sent you one!!!

I am loving American Idol this season :-)

3 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) February 25, 2011

And by one, I mean 4 :-)

4 Runeatrepeat February 25, 2011

I love Jennifer Lopez, so I am watching this season and totally hooked!

5 Audrey February 25, 2011

I love this idea! I’m always looking for tasty and easy vegan recipes to make so I’m looking forward to it!

6 Gina February 25, 2011

Does it have to be an original recipe? Or just one we’ve made?

7 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

It can be any recipe :)

8 Pam February 25, 2011

Thanks for posting about American Idol – I was starting to worry that something was seriously wrong with me.

9 Ashley February 25, 2011

I haven’t watched American Idol since Carrie Underwood won, but this season has really sucked me in too– and I think it’s because of the breath of fresh air in the judges section. I love Steven Tyler! I was a little skeptical about Lopez, but she is too adorable! I’m really liking the talent this season as well!
I don’t normally cook vegan, but the more I read your blog, the more I want to start creating some! If I get one done, I’ll send it in! I think it’s a wonderful idea– so fun!

10 Katey @ Bonne Santé February 25, 2011

Awesome idea for the link-ups! Expect my recipe in your inbox, along with submissions from the other gazillion avid fans of OSG :)

11 Sarah February 25, 2011

Oh nooo!!! All you will do with this new series is add to my neverending list of things to make from both blogs and my huge collection of cookbooks :-)

Paul McDonald sounds quite unique for American Idol. I hope he makes it far. But I have to say that he kind of sounds like he’s ripping John Butler off…though it’s not like John Butler is one of a kind so it’s hard to say.

12 Leia February 25, 2011

Hey Angela,
Are we allowed to submit more than one recipe? :)

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

yes you are! :)

14 Gen February 25, 2011

What a great idea! Can’t wait to see all of the yummy recipes!!!!

15 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 25, 2011

I used to watch Idol ALL the time…but since having a child, FT job, and FT blog that keeps me busy….my TV time has gone wayyyy down. Except for things on Bravo or E that I tape on my DVR :)

I love the idea of you featuring other vegan recipes on your blog! I am going to look thru my stash and select something that might cut the mustard. In these types of situations, sweets usually win over savory I’m thinking, just based on “curb appeal”, right? People really want brownies, not lentils :)

I answered my own question :)

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

I don’t think I’ve ever heard food describe as having curb appeal….LOL!

17 Sabine @ thefruitpursuit February 25, 2011

eww I can’t stand shows like that haha. popstars, idols, x-factor, whatnot. I love watching series like the Big Bang Therory & how I met your mother. and desperate housewives!!

great feature, I’m going to send in a recipe for sure!

18 CathyK February 25, 2011

i have never watched even a minute of american idol…but totally understand about being sucked in by a reality show – let’s face it, they’re not *quality,* right, like being sucked in by a show on TVO – haha! for me, it’s JERSEY SHORE!!!! can’t get enough!!!
looking forward to seeing the recipe submissions….i’ll watch and learn!
happy weekend!

19 Andrea @ Vegvacious February 25, 2011

Great idea about the recipes – it will be great for a new blogger like myself (now I just have to figure out what it is that I am going to send you!) I like JLo and Steven Tyler this season on American Idol, however I am also a Jersey Shore addict. There’s just too much reality TV and not enough time to get into everything!

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 25, 2011

Exciting!! I’m off to go decide what recipe I’m going to send you!

21 Lauren at Keep It Sweet February 25, 2011

Paul McDonald is amazing!! I am really surprised at how much I am liking this season so far, I didn’t think I’d watch after last season was just SO bad!

22 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 25, 2011

Paul is my favorite contestant this season! He is amazing. I am totally addicted to the show and love how it is on two nights in a row. I also like the guy who looks like Seth Rogan (forgot his name).

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

I know who you are talking about and he is really great too! Loved his solo performance :)

24 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 25, 2011

I don’t watch American Idol — I liked it the first few seasons but I got kind of tired of it. I usually try to catch one or two of the later shows, when all of the good people are left :)

Angela I love your receip roundup idea — although I am not a vegan I try to eat more plant based meals so this challenges me to come up with some good stuff :)

25 Baking 'n' Books February 25, 2011

Yeah I think this season will be better than the last few which I didn’t really watch. Steven Tyler has totally hooked me in! First I wasn’t sure about J Lo – but after the last couple of episodes, she seems so much more genuine (although I wasn’t a fan of that old-school hair-do last night?)! ;)

Paul McDonald? I don’t know any of the contestants names – just go by faces – and I know a Paul McD personally – so I was like “what the hell is Paul doing on OSG?!!” :)

Yay for the Recipe lovin’!

26 Beach Bum Beauty February 25, 2011

Loving American Idol this year, I have to admit it’s mostly down to JLo, her hair, her clothes, her!! Steven Tyler also makes me laugh with his inappropriate comments. Wish the guy who cared for his fiance had got through though, that bit made me cry!

27 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 25, 2011

I haven’t watched Idol in ages either, but Paul McDonald does have a really cool and unique voice! Not sure how many vegan recipes I have but I will have a look and find some – some of my cold grain-based salads have been amazing so I’ll send you one of my faves! :)

28 megan @ blackberries for jam February 25, 2011

Great idea! I sent along my favorite vegan dessert recipe and I’m looking forward to reading all the upcoming features!

29 Kelly February 25, 2011

Love this! Definitely sending you a recipe soon. May we send more than one?

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

yup of course!

31 Alex C. February 25, 2011

Paul McDonald is my favorite too! Looking forward to all the new recipes!

32 Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living February 25, 2011

Great idea! I just sent you my sweet potato pecan cinnamon rolls recipe.

I’ve also been watching this season of American Idol – only the second season I’ve tuned into since the start! Steven Tyler was the motivating factor ;).

33 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe February 25, 2011

Awesome idea, I can think of a few recipes that would be great for this!

34 misty February 25, 2011

LOVE the new recipe idea. You will challenge me to actually write down my recipes. I am more of a “throw some things together and taste” kind of cook, but I have been blogging some of the good recipes I find lately for curious friends who wonder what on earth I eat.

This season is the first I have ever seen of Idol (yes, I do live under a rock) and I am hooked. Thanks for the feature on Paul. I DVR the show and have not seen this weeks episodes yet. He did great!

35 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner February 25, 2011

I am really loving American Idol this year aswell!!! LOVE it. I think the judges have a lot to do with it.. i love steven tyler, and J-Lo.. they are just so genuine and seem like they really care. Randy’s cool too lol.
My hubby is watching it aswell and he HATES reality tv.

36 Mae February 25, 2011

I’m not just sucking up here, but if I had one favorite vegan recipe to share, it would be this one:
Those bars are amazing!

37 Julie @ Shining From Within February 25, 2011

This is such a great idea! I haven’t been watching much American Idol but I have heard people loving the current season more than any other season before.

38 Emily February 25, 2011

Excited for the new series! I haven’t been watching American Idol, but thanks for the video links to Paul McDonald, he’s amazing!

39 Allison @ Food For Healing February 25, 2011

i like the vegan recipe idea. I’ll look into submitting something, but i can’t wait to see others recipes so that i can get cookin in the kitchen!

i started watching this years american idol in the beginning, but i just dont have the time to keep up with watching shows like that, that are on each week, and if you miss one, you miss so much.

40 Beth @ DiningAndDishing February 25, 2011

What a fun idea Angela! Sadly, i have plenty of vegetarian recipes but in searching my blog – none that qualify as vegan! If you ever decide to do a vegetarian recipe feature I’d love to participate :).

41 Emily @ Emily Says February 25, 2011

I’ll admit- I’m a huge fan of american idol. Paul McDonald is great! Thanks so much for sharing this info about his band. Listening now!

42 kaila @ healthy helper! February 25, 2011

I am so excited about your recipe series! I have a few really great vegan recipes that I can’t wait to share!

And about AI this season, I actually really like the new judges…..I think because they were all singers at one point, unlike seasons past, they all pretty much know what they’re talking about and have funny personalities!

43 Ricki February 25, 2011

What a great idea–there are so many fabulous blogs out there and hard to keep track of them all–I love the idea of recipes all in one place. :D

I’m the opposite this year re: Idol. I usually am hooked from the beginning but have hardly watched so far. Waiting for the final 10!

44 Ricki February 25, 2011

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

I hope you submit some!!

46 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. February 25, 2011

I submitted a recipe… Best Soup Eva.

Also, Paul is the shizznick! His voice is so unique and amazing! Hello next Ray LaMontagne.

47 Allison @ Food For Healing February 25, 2011

can i request people to submit hot recipes! its -49C here right now, need foods that heat a person up on a cold day. :P lol

48 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. February 25, 2011

I submitted a soup recipe! I live in Florida so it is past my soup days … but I still want all you cold weather peps to enjoy it :) Or come visit me in Florida.

49 Allison @ Food For Healing February 25, 2011

i should! haha it would give me an excuse to go somewhere and escape the cold

50 Justeen @ Blissful Baking February 25, 2011

This is such a fun idea! I can’t wait to see everyone’s recipes!
By the way, I had your pumpkin overnight oats for breakfast this morning, it was SO incredibly delicious! It really did taste like pumpkin pie! I’m definitely be having it for breakfast VERY often. Thank you so much for the yummy recipe!

51 lauren @ spiced plate February 25, 2011

Awesome idea! I submitted a couple of vegan and gluten free recipes! Excited to see the collections of recipes you get!

52 kate@ahealthypassion February 25, 2011

ah im excited I need to look through my recipe stash!

53 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) February 25, 2011

i love this season so far! so much great talent.. its definitely one of my favorite seasons!

54 Alyssa - fashion fitness foodie February 25, 2011

I will def send you one or two later :)

55 Alex @ Healing Beauty February 25, 2011

I’m excited to send you my recipes and to see all of the chosen ones!

56 barefoot and frolicking February 25, 2011

This is so fun Angela! What a great idea – I would love to send you some delicious recipes. Will do shortly :)

57 Emily @ One Sweet Vegan February 25, 2011

What a great idea! I’m going to look through my recipes today. :-)

58 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 25, 2011

Fantastic idea! I have a favorite soup and a “healthy” brownie I’m emailing you.

I love these recaps and seeing what others come up with. There are so many great recipes out there and unfortunately my boss refuses to pay me for reading blogs all day. ;)

59 Jena February 25, 2011
60 Jen February 25, 2011

I have recently tried to start eating a vegetarian diet and found the first few weeks I had huge energy levels and all of a sudden it has dropped off. I am still consuming an enormous amount of veggies but I don’t feel as good. I think it may be lack of protein. How do you add protein into your diet? Thanks!

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

There are a lot of ways to get protein, although it is a bit tricky to figure out at first when you begin (at least it was for me!). I eat a lot of lentils, beans, chickpeas, chia seeds, whole grains (like quinoa), nuts/seeds. I also use protein powder + soy milk occasionally if I think I need a quick boost. It is important to get a protein source with each meal.
Other vegs also enjoy tofu & tempeh, but I personally don’t use them myself.
Goodluck!

62 Nichole February 25, 2011

I also haven’t watched American Idol in a couple years but I like Jennifer Lopez so I started watching this year and also got sucked in, I like Scotty since he is from Milwaukee :)

63 Michelle February 25, 2011

What a great idea! I’m totally going to submit one. :)

64 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 25, 2011

Great idea for a new blog series! I love finding new recipes to try out! :D

65 Amber K February 25, 2011

I’m not a fan of American Idol, but I can’t wait to see even more vegan recipes!!

66 RhodeyGirl February 25, 2011

PhillyBoy and I LOVE his voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sad Colton got booted though.

67 Roz February 25, 2011

How fun. Really look forward to the vegan recipes!!!! Have a great Friday Angela!

68 Megan (Braise The Roof) February 25, 2011

I love this series! I’m going to have to search through my archives and see if I have anything worthy of being featured. :)

69 Christine (The Raw Project) February 25, 2011

Awesome idea of featuring other vegan recipes, I’ve gotta find one to send you! And I can’t wait to see all the submissions, thanks!

70 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. February 25, 2011

Hey, how do you ladies have your photos next to your replies?

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 25, 2011

Check out http://www.gravatar.com and you can set up a free account that will automatically add your selected pic :)

72 Heidi February 25, 2011

HAHAHA, LOVE that PSA about American Idol… we are also anti-reality TV but HOOKED on this season’s AI… I think that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez inject some REAL-ness into the show. And there are some pretty compelling stories. Oh, and my husband is also hooked… pretty funny, if you ask me!

LOVE your blog and LOVE the recipes. I will link to you on my yoga blog!
Thanks
Heidi

73 Kelsey H February 25, 2011

I am definitely addicted to this season as well and I haven’t watched for years! I don’t know whether it’s J-Lo or Steven Tyler or the incredible amount of talent present this season, but I’m definitely hooked! Please keep posting your opinions about it:) Paul is definitely one of my favorites!

74 Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner February 25, 2011

This sounds like so much fun!!!! Thanks!

xoxox,
Kathleen

75 Rachel February 26, 2011

I submitted a recipe to your inbox! What a great idea! Looking forward to the entire collection! By the way, love your recipes!!

76 jamie hayworth-chin February 26, 2011

Hi Angela! I think your idea is fabulous and I would LOVE to contribute…however, not all of the photos on my site are “professional” quality. Is it still okay to submit?

77 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 26, 2011

of course, submit away!

78 karen February 27, 2011

Small world. I’ve followed you for a long time….I went to occupational therapy school where one of my OT professors was Paul’s mother! Hope he wins!

79 Cathy @ What Would Cathy Eat? March 1, 2011

We have healthy eating an an American Idol obsession in common. Cool!

80 Ali March 5, 2011

I am love, love, loving AI this season too!! J.Lo and Steven Tyler have made it seem like an entirely different show….plus the sets seems less cheesy. Thanks for posting the Grand Magnolias links – wow, makes you wonder why he needs to go on AI – they are good!