Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa

vdaybanner120th

IMG_9821

Last Valentine’s Day, I made Eric and I some killer Vegan Hot Chocolate. In fact, it was so good, I decided to call it Tall, Dark, and Handsome Hawt Chocolate

IMG_0718

It is creamy. It is rich. It is the perfect hot drink at the peak of Winter when you are snowed in and bundled up on the couch watching a movie.

IMG_2270

Eric has not stopped talking about this Hot Chocolate all year, so I knew that I would have to roll it out again this Winter. This time, I made a Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa because it just sounded like the right thing to do. Despite the fact that Eric is actually repulsed by peanut butter on its own, he actually loves the combination of chocolate and peanut butter together.

I don’t ask, I just bake.

IMG_9798

IMG_9773

It is very important that you sift the cocoa powder before beginning. I tried to skip this step and it was horribly clumpy. No one wants to bite into a clump of bitter cocoa powder! I ended up pouring it into my blender to get the clumps out, but I learned my lesson.

IMG_9775

IMG_9776

IMG_9779

Whisk all ingredients together in a pot and bring to a low boil before reducing to low heat. Simmer for a few minutes.

IMG_9784

Easy as that.

Pour into mugs!

IMG_9824

I rimmed the mugs in agave and then turbinado sugar. It worked out great!

IMG_9798

I also added a bow at the bottom of each glass mug.

IMG_9804

On top: Dandie’s vegan Marshmallows and Cacao nibs. You can also add chocolate chips on top too.

IMG_9807

Mmm. I love Dandie’s marshmallows. They get all soft and melty in the hot cocoa.

IMG_9816

This cocoa is smooth as silk, creamy, rich, and chocolaty, with just a hint of peanut butter. Perfection.

IMG_9818

But of course I could not leave it at that.

I decided to pour the hot cocoa into an ice cube tray to make delicious ice cubes of fudgy goodness.

IMG_9830

I made them into Rocky Road ice cubes by adding marshmallows, chocolate chips, and cacao nibs.

IMG_9834

Freeze them for a few hours and then use a dull butter knife on each side to pop them out. The result is a delicious Rocky Road fudgisicle cube that you can enjoy alone, make into popsicles, add to a glass of Almond Milk, or throw a couple into a SMOOTHIE! The possibilities are endless.

IMG_9838

I’m off for a meeting this morning. I am being interviewed by my undergraduate University- University of Guelph for OSG and Glo Bakery. It should be really fun to reminisce about old times! Any U of G students or alumni out there?

DSC04337

Enjoy your day!

1 Alyyyyyyne January 25, 2011

Nice RIM!!!!

2 Sandra January 26, 2011

I cannot wait to make this PB hot chocolate. It is just what I have been craving lately. Thanks for this lovely recipe!

3 cailen January 26, 2011

that hot cocoa is soooo delicious looking – it’s literally making my mouth water! i’m so glad i came across your blog (via the great balancing act). your story is very similar to mine – i struggled with my weight and self-confidence during my early college years and finally discovered that listening to my body’s innate wisdom and taking care of myself was the only way to live. goodbye diets and deprivation! and now, i’m in the best shape of my life and soooo much happier : )

will definitely stop by again soon!!!

4 megan @ blackberries for jam January 25, 2011

This looks delightful! I made a similar salted PB hot chocolate recently and it was wonderful, but I’ll have to try your version. More PB and coconut milk can never be a bad thing!

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 25, 2011

WOW Ange, good luck with your interview! I’m sure you are one of the most accomplished U of G Alumni out there!! And I think the cocoa looks amazing – genius idea with the ice cube trays!

6 Liz @ Blog is the New Black January 25, 2011

This looks amazing. good luck with the interview!

7 cait January 25, 2011

woot woot! I went to Guelph for my undergrad degree and studied International Development. I am now at McMaster studying midwifery- but I definitely miss the small town, earthy feel of guelph!

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

We really loved Guelph too…great school, great town

9 Amanda (Eating Up) January 25, 2011

Oh you could totally make frozen hot chocolate out of those ice cubes!

10 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) January 25, 2011

this post went from amazing to mouth watering! great idea putting it in ice cubes ! i love the addition of the sugar on the glass- what a beautiful touch! have fun on your interview :)

11 Jackie @ Baking Charms January 25, 2011

That recipe title it too cute :) And I love the sugared glass idea!

12 Gina January 25, 2011

Omgoodness, make me some of this hot chocolate! Pretty please :)

Good luck with your interview!

13 Julie @SavvyEats January 25, 2011

I made salted pb hot chocolate a few weeks ago and it was SO good. LOVE the idea of using coconut milk… I’ll do that next time for an even creamier version.

14 Julie @SavvyEats January 25, 2011

Oh, and the sugar rim (maybe with some sea salt on it too?) GENIUS

15 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans January 25, 2011

Oh yum! That hot chocolate looks amazing!

16 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 25, 2011

That looks AMAZING!! YUM! I haven’t had hot chocolate all winter! Can you believe it? I live in Chicago….

17 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

You must remedy this situation at once!

18 Charlie January 25, 2011

That hot chocolate sounds sooo good. Definitely have to make this!

19 Fresh and Foodie January 25, 2011

WOW! This is brilliant! Love the idea of using coconut and, of course, peanut butter!

20 Fresh and Foodie January 25, 2011

21 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 25, 2011

I am OBSESSED with the sugared rim! So fun.

22 Jess January 25, 2011

the rocky road ice cubes are genius! you always have such innovative ideas!

23 Christina January 25, 2011

OMG rocky road smoothies!!! You are a genius! I have to admit though, with the cocoa nibs and marshmellows it looks a little crazy but it must taste ah-mazing!

24 Heather (heathers dish) January 25, 2011

Ooooh yum, I made PB hot cocoa around Christmas time and totally fell in love! So amazing :)

25 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow January 25, 2011

Peanut butter in my hot chocolate? Ummm….yes please!!!! I will be making this very, very soon.

26 Trish @I_am_Succeeding January 25, 2011

ohhh these look s good!!

27 Heather January 25, 2011

Yummy hot chocolate – I must try that for the boys as I know they will love it!

I went to U of G also … more years ago than you but loved it there :)

28 Ashley @ Taste for Healthy January 25, 2011

I totally had a craving for hot chocolate recipe yesterday! But I didn’t know of any amazing recipes. Thank you for sharing!

PS… Love the rim!!!

29 Camille January 25, 2011

That’s the most beautiful hot chocolate ever!

30 Sruthi @ Exercise, Food & Beyond January 25, 2011

Thanks for sharing this recipe. This is exactly what I need on this cold day.

31 Alex @ Healing Beauty January 25, 2011

I am so impressed by your photography. All of your pictures just look absolutely gorgeous and this recipe looks unbelievable!

32 Moni'sMeals January 25, 2011

I have never tried Peanut Butter hot cocoa! Sweet! How cute with the ice cubes and really a smart idea.

Have a great interview!

33 Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat January 25, 2011

Your presentations of all your foods are beautiful!

34 Beth @ DiningAndDishing January 25, 2011

Oh myyyyyy Angela. Your recipes always look amazing but I’m sure this one takes the cake!! I die over chocolate and peanut butter so in liquid form?? Yes please!

35 Sabine @ thefruitpursuit January 25, 2011

ow WOW WOW WOW WOW! I especially like the idea of freezing them!

36 salah@myhealthiestlifestyle January 25, 2011

that hot cocoa looks so amazing!!!

37 Kelsey January 25, 2011

Oh Yay!! You’re a Guelph alum! I am there right now, in my last year of a Masters of Landscape Architecture degree.

If you’re staying for lunch, pop by the Cornerstone downtown for some delicious vegan fare… my fave :)

38 Brittany January 25, 2011

ALL OF THE GLO BARS ARE SOLD OUT!

39 Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 25, 2011

what a great idea making the “ice” cubes! that would definitely be my go-to snack!

40 Lauren January 25, 2011

So creative! Those ice cubes would be gone in an hour for me, and this hot cocoa would be wonderful on days like yesterday when it was below zero degrees F all day.

41 Steph@stephsbitebybite January 25, 2011

I wish I lived next to you so that I could come over and enjoy a mug of this :)

42 Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day January 25, 2011

omg, that looks so incredibly rich and decadent.

43 jen @ taste life January 25, 2011

I love the way your brain works, Angela.

44 Ashley January 25, 2011

LOVE the ice cube idea. I bet you could blend one cube into banana soft serve for some mind blowing amazement! :)

45 Bronwyn Coyne January 25, 2011

hmmmmm peanut butter….. hmmmmm chocolate. Hmmmm peanut butter + chocolate.

46 Ashley January 25, 2011

so pretty. Oddly enough I love peanut butter, and I love chocolate..but not together. heh.

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

haha that’s funny!

48 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete January 25, 2011

The turbinado sugar rim takes this drink over the top! Yum! I can see why Eric would be talking about your hot chocolate all year. This looks fabulous!

Have fun on your interview!

49 Shanna, like Banana January 25, 2011

Where was this mug of hot cocoa when I was in Ottawa yesterday???

50 BrightBakes January 25, 2011

I love that pink measuring spoon! Also, I must say those rocky road ice cubes are simply gorgeous!
love,
cathy b.

51 Natalia - a side of simple January 25, 2011

I KNEW I could count on you for some Valentine’s Day goodies :) I’m in love with chocolate, so this one-way relationship may be detrimental. On the other hand, I think chocolate just wants me to bulk up for all the snow we’re having… right?

52 Tiffany @ Conor & Bella January 25, 2011

This sounds amazing!! I’ll be making this soon.

53 TracyLea January 25, 2011

Just an FYI. Most marshmallows sold in the grocery store are NOT Vegan or Vegetarian. They contain gelatin which is made from collagen a substance found in the connective tissues and flesh of mammals. Jello/gelatin is not animal friendly. You can find vegan marshmallows online and maybe at some whole foods markets.

Sorry to be a bummer. Just wanted to throw that out there.

54 TracyLea January 25, 2011

I apologize. You don’t need to add my comment you do clearly state that you used vegan marshmallows. I have found that many folks don’t realize marshmallows are generally not a vegetarian item. My mother still doesn’t understand why I can’t just eat around the chicken in her cheesy chicken casserole. (Yeah I’ve been vegan for 12 years I don’t think she will ever get it.) Sorry to be all vegan police on ya.

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

np :) Dandies are so yummy…have you tried them?
Also amazing are Sweet & Saras

56 Healthy Chocoholic January 25, 2011

Oh yum! Chocolate pb hot cocoa? You are my HERO! =D

57 Madeleine@ Stepping to the Brightside January 25, 2011

The ice cube idea is genius! And beautiful too… Good luck today :)

58 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 25, 2011

What a brilliant recipe! I bet it’s delicious!!

59 hihorosie January 25, 2011

Oh.My.Goodness. I heart chocolate and pb together so you’ve got me drooling here. There’s no snow to watch while snuggling on the couch but I’ll still take a chocolate peanut butter hot cocoa any day!

60 Natalie M. January 25, 2011

Hey Ange! That hot chocolate looks AMAZING – I’ll definitely be making some for my sister, she adores hot cocao :P

I’m in the UofGuelph library as I read and reply to this post right now! I transferred here this year from Western, and I absolutely love it. It’s definitely one of my best decidions I’ve made in my life. But I was so surprised when I read that part about you coming here today, it just seems kind of…surreal? lol :P I’m really happy for you being interviewed, I’m sure you’ll do great! Will you be visiting any of your old profs?

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

Oh the library…I spent many a night in there…hahaha. Glad you enjoy it at U of G. :) I wasn’t on campus today, but I would love to visit some old profs. Serge Desmarais = fav prof ever (I did my thesis with him too)

62 Allison @ Food For Healing January 25, 2011

i just want to eat marshmallows right now!! yum, maybe with a side of hot chocolate

63 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 25, 2011

Yummy yummy! Peanut butter + hot chocolate sounds like HEAVEN!! I’m all cold and wet after a rainy run, so I might make this! Mmmm…

64 KitKat @ Pursuit of Happiness January 25, 2011

It’s becoming a real problem that every time I read a recipe on your blog, I print it and then it’s all I can think about for the afternoon. Like today’s countdown: 6 hours until I make that yummy hot chocolate…!!! :)

65 Emily January 25, 2011

Why does everything you make look so perfect, so delicious, and so wonderful?

66 Beach Bum Beauty January 25, 2011

I’m really poorly today with tonsilitis so am going to ask my husband very nicely if he’ll make me one of your hot chocolates tonight as I am sure it’ll make me feel better!

67 Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen January 25, 2011

Ahh – wow, amazing. This is possibly the most perfect hot beverage everrrrrr.

68 Christine (The Raw Project) January 25, 2011

This looks gorgeous and sinfully good, I just might need to try it soon. Thanks!

69 Ellie@fitforthesoul January 25, 2011

oh boy that’s killer hot chocolate! Here in cali it’s breezy but purty sunny~what else is NEW? :P But that doesn’t mean I can’t make hot chocolate for my luvd ones right?

70 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 25, 2011

Hi Beautiful!

This cocoa is rocking my socks off over here! I heart hot chocolate. I have been looking for a healthier marshmallow, but have been unable to find any without corn syrup :{

Have a blast today!

xxoo

71 ashley@quasichick January 25, 2011

This looks perfect! My fave hot chocolate is salted caramel! And rocky road icecream!! you are a genius! Good luck at your interview!

72 jaclyn@todayslady January 25, 2011

OMG I need to make this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the thought of hot chocolate made with coconut milk!! Mmmm and freezing in ice cubes trays is a genius idea! The addition of a couple of those frozen cubes would make my already delicious smoothies that much better!!! Cant wait to try this!

73 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather January 25, 2011

You make that mug stand out – so pretty! Chocolate and pb is my favorite combo.

74 Maddie (Healthy Maddie) January 25, 2011

Oh yum! I haven’t had hot chocolate since I started eating a more vegan diet but I clearly need to change that! Chocolate+peanut butter=love.

75 Laura @ Starting Out Fit January 25, 2011

I’m a U of G Alum!!! Class of 2006 to be exact! ;) I still miss that place to death! those 4 years were definitely 4 of my best so far.

That cocoa looks incredible btw!

76 Sonia January 25, 2011

this looks so yummy. it will soothe the chocolate craving beast. though it’s about 65 degrees outside right now, I’ll cook this one up and save it for the chilly night :)

77 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 25, 2011

Holy amazing!!!!

I love the ice cube tray action! Omg that is genius! I totally need to do that! I do that with leftover coffee. I make coffee ice cubes and then use those the next day to chill my ice coffee. Your recipe…kinda blows that away!

And to this, I think I may have to consider divorce…”Despite the fact that Eric is actually repulsed by peanut butter on its own”–

–kidding :)

But seriously, huh?! That’s not possible!

78 Sophia @ Raven Waves January 25, 2011

This looks so delicious! Love the rim!

79 Elizabeth @ elizathon January 25, 2011

Ok I am kind of cracking up at the guy in the multi-colored robe standing behind you and your mom in the graduation picture. He looks sad that you didn’t include him in the picture, like he’s thinking “I knew I should have gone with the black robe.”

80 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

haha I know I was thinking he was not happy that we were snapping a picture in the aisle…

81 Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com January 25, 2011

P-recious.

82 Roz January 25, 2011

OMG the sugar rim looks amazing!!! Eric is one lucky guy to taste these things!!!! Have a great day.

83 Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) January 25, 2011

Another winner :) I can’t wait to give this a try! Good luck with the interview :)

84 Emily January 25, 2011

That looks SO delicious. And the presentation is stunning, it’s like an art.

85 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite January 25, 2011

This looks absolutely fabulous! I think I will make these for husband and me for Valentine’s Day couch and movie-watching :)

86 Liz January 25, 2011

My cousin went to U of G for a year as an “exchange” student. He is from Louisiana and his girlfriend from Canada so they each went to each other’s schools for a year. They met because they were pen-pals starting in the fourth grade! How adorable is that?! They started dating in seventh grade and are now married with a little girl. They live just outside of Toronto.

87 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

That is amazing!

88 Michelle January 25, 2011

Those cubes would be GREAT in iced coffee!! Good luck with the interview!

89 mary (what's cookin' with mary) January 25, 2011

What a great touch with the bows and the sugar rimmed glass !

I swear, you have the best idead!! People love little touches like that ;)

90 Katie (Sweet Tater) January 25, 2011

oh my god. i love you.

too much? ;)

91 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 25, 2011

I have a few friends who go to Guelph. It has a gorgeous campus! But UWO owns my heart. ;)

This hot cocoa looks so amazing. It’s exactly what I need to get me through the end of winter!!

92 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 25, 2011

Ohhhmaigawd, jackpot! I love chocolate and pb (pb cups, yum!), and this would be scrumdiddlyumptious!

93 Lu @ Done Dieting January 25, 2011

I feel naughty just looking at those pictures. Delicious and decadent is how I like to describe anything that looks that good. I would talk about it non-stop, too. Good luck with the interview.

94 Farrah January 25, 2011

I have an award for you. Please stop by!

95 Erin January 25, 2011

I just wanted to say, and I mean nothing “bad” by this, just some constructive criticism, that this website seems to be turning into more of a cooking blog than anything else. I liked the old posts where you explored more personal issues, how to overcome inner turmoil, offered advice, were silly, even just talked about redecorating. Getting a recipe every day is getting a little boring… perhaps some more variety in your posts? Just think about it :)

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

Thanks for your feedback (even if it stings).

97 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 25, 2011

anytime you can add PB to chocolate I’m all for it! You could rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs and call it a liquid s’more!

98 Richelle January 25, 2011

That hot chocolate sounds amazing. You take the best pictures and I love how you add all those little touches like the bow!

99 lauren January 25, 2011

this looks divine and romantic!

100 Kimberly January 25, 2011

Yum! this hawt chocolate looks a-mazing!! looking forward to more valentines day eats and treats! :)

101 Kristin @ FoodFash January 25, 2011

I have to admit, I got really excited when I thought this was a sea salted hot chocolate recipe, but a turbinado rim sounds tasty as well!

102 Elizabeth January 25, 2011

holy yum! This looks amazing! making it on thursday’s snowday with the boy!
thank you!

103 Andrea January 25, 2011

Oh my goodness that looks AMAZING. Seriously- a dream in a glass. I am a University of Guelph student, go Gryphons! What’s the interview for? Hope it went well!

104 Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh January 25, 2011

THat looks delicious! I am drooling…

105 Hannah January 25, 2011

Angela… I don’t know how, but you need to somehow start selling this in Australia. I promise to buy in bulk ;) Peanut butter hot chocolate, be still my beating heart!

106 Kat @ Cupcake Kat January 25, 2011

Both hot chocolates sound so good! Normal hot chocolate already sounded pretty yummy to me. How do you come up with these ideas?

107 Megan January 25, 2011

U of G alum here! Love that you’re being interviewed – is it for the Portico?
I never had Prof Desmarais (re: your comment above!), but wrote my thesis with Dr. Buchholz in Applied Nutrition – she is incredible! Whoo Guelph :)

108 Carpensm @ A Life Without Ice Cream January 25, 2011

OMG that looks amazing! I’m not sure rocky road ice cubes would last very long in my freezer :P

109 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) January 25, 2011

That hot chocolate looks amazing! Mmmm I can almost taste it now!

Also, that’s amazing about the interview! Is it for the alumni magazine? :) I miss UofG – I had the cutest apartment on Kent street and I always said that I wished I could transport that apartment to Toronto. I keep meaning to go back to visit… memories of angel’s and trappers are flooding back as we speak….. :D

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2011

trappers…hahaha!!!

111 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) January 25, 2011

And we can’t forget palace and the underground!

112 Lilli February 2, 2011

…and of course Frank’s – for when one is on the prowl for some varsity rugby players ;)

I have the exact same aisle photo from my UoG grad (I think the same dude in the background too!)… and on another note, this recipe looks beyond amazing!

113 Justeen @ Blissful Baking January 25, 2011

Your recipes always make me swoon! I can’t even put into words how amazing that hot chocolate looks!!

114 Izzy January 25, 2011

WOOT! U of Guelph! In my third year of my undergrad – thinking of getting my grad at U of T!
Ohh hot cocoa is theeee best wintery bev. I drank it all summer (dont call me crazy – why not?!), but that ice idea is brillll!

izzyy
xox

115 kate@ahealthypassion January 25, 2011

OMG that looks AMAZING chocolate and peanut butter is the best combo ever, and I love the sugared rim.

116 stacey-healthylife January 25, 2011

Wow both options look awesome, yum.

117 Krystina (Basil & Wine) January 25, 2011

You, my dear, are a genius.

118 Pearl (Crunch and Chew) January 26, 2011

Kind of reminds me of the Revive Glo Bar :)

119 Jackie @ Seejacrun January 26, 2011

That hot chocolate looks so good, wish I found this before I made instant :( Love the rocky road ice cubes!!

120 Ashley January 26, 2011

Yum!! This looks delicious! My boyfriend and I love changing up our hot drinks from time to time, and hot cocoa is always a great choice– even though we’ve had such spring-like weather here in Nevada! Perhaps the ice cubes would be an even better choice for us:)

121 Sarah January 26, 2011

I’m currently wiping the drool off my laptop now…

122 Dee January 26, 2011

Gosh Angela, you take such pretty pictures! It’s seriously stunning!

123 Ellie January 26, 2011

At some point you spelled marshmallow as “marshmellow” in the post- which made me smile and think thats how it should be spelled all the time!
What could make you more mellow than a marshmellow? Especially in some delish hot cocoa. It is snowing like the dickens here in Boston, so I’ll have to make that soon!

124 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2011

haha whoops I always do that!

125 Michelle January 27, 2011

This stuff is a-mazing. Thank you!!

126 Amy @ purewellnessamy January 27, 2011

well, this was a lovely treat after 3 hours of shoveling! I was forced to use light coconut milk since trader joe’s didn’t have regular, but I can imagine how decadent it would be with the full fat version–YUM! my son loves it, too :)

127 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 31, 2011

Glad you enjoyed it! It is perfect when coming in from the cold :)

128 Carine January 31, 2011

I’m so glad I found your site! I’ve tried this peanut butter hot cocoa and it was SO GOOD. Will make it everyday….I do mean EVERYDAY.

129 callie February 2, 2011

Love this post – so festive! When I saw the ice cube tray though, I immediately thought I’d share a link to the most amazing ice cube trays. I was freezing quite a bit of stuff in my trays as well, but kept finding the popping out to be rather tricky.. Then one day, my mom picked me up these Orka Ice Cube Trays, and life has never been the same :) Instead of being 100% silicone (which I don’t like either) they just have little silicone bottoms, so you can easily pop out the frozen food stuff… I love them!! Any who, thought I’d just pass it on!

130 Gaura February 9, 2011

Oh GOD I WANT THIS!!! =D Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo trying this tonight,thanks for the recipe!!!! :)

131 Sarah December 16, 2012

I realize you posted this long ago, Angela, but I only recently discovered your blog and have been eyeing your recipes for the last couple of weeks. Given the season this was my first try at one of your creations, and I was floored. Delicious, decadent, and satisfying! My husband loved it as well. I can’t wait to try more recipes. With gratitude to you for sharing your talents!

132 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2012

Hey Sarah, Im so happy you both enjoyed it! Thanks for letting me know. :)

133 hong mei January 6, 2013

Made this tonight for my two daughters. It has been snowing non-stop the past week and this was just perfect.

134 Suze December 10, 2013

First of all, I”m a HUGE FAN of your blog, and have directed others to it.

Second, I congratulate you on your allergy section! With all the GMOs, a ton of allergies are now cropping up! (And the President signed a bill – it must have been bundled with a bunch of other vital bills b/c I can’t imagine he’d do so otherwise – that if someone is sickened or injured by any of Monsanto’s crops from their seeds, we cannot sue them!)

Third, um, peanuts are in the same “family” as soy – legumes. I first reacted to peanut butter…after eating it all my life…but my allergist said that I’m allergic to soy. As in, I go to the hospital.

From time-to-time, I’ll ask you for a substitute – and, of course, almond butter is a delish substitute for peanut butter in this recipe. However, I gotta watch the marshmallows, too. And I was wondering if you know any good chocolate/cocoa products that don’t have that “manufactured on the same machinery as” warning, please? Mnythx and cheers! Suze

135 Happee Gal October 3, 2014

Oh my gosh!
I just made this hot cocoa for my running group for our after- run treat and it was amazing. I cannot get over the richness and thickness of it. I sugared the rims of our glasses too and it was just heavenly. Thank you so very much for your amazing recipes and your amazing book which I just bought, yey :).

136 Beth October 17, 2015

I just made these for a Bonfire hosted by my yoga studio. They went over so well, I didn’t even get the chance to try the ice cube idea. Delicious!