Makeover Monday

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on January 17, 2011

Good morning!

I want to tell you about a fun makeover that is going down on my Recipes page. Phase 2 of my recipes page makeover is currently underway…and delicious things are happening.

I have been going through every recipe on my Recipes page (over 300!) and organizing my little heart out. I’m fixing broken links (there were a lot…) and grouping recipes into easier to locate subcategories. For example,  there is now a ‘Vegan Overnight Oats’ subsection within the ‘Breakfast’ category and a ‘Chews/Balls/Truffles’ subsection under the ‘Raw/No Bake’ section.

But what I am most excited about is that I have been inserting a clickable thumbnail image of each recipe

Untitled_thumb[2]dd_thumb[2]

I’m hoping that this helps you guys find recipes a lot easier and also locate some recipes that you may have missed. I included a sub category of ‘Angela’s Favourites’ recipes as well (in ‘Dinner’ section). Yesterday, I got about 120 recipes + images complete and I am hoping to finish off the rest today or tomorrow.

fffff

Click here to check out what I have done so far…be warned though you might get hungry!

Also checkout my right hand sidebars– I have added a ‘Featured Recipes’ list and an ‘Afternoon Powersnacks’ list that will be continually updating as new recipes are added.

I hope this makes your life easier and my Recipes page is a bit more fun for you to explore.

I shall return. Smile

Rachael @ Mrs. Adventure January 17, 2011 at 9:37 am

Awesome, Seriously Awesome I’m loving the new page thanks a million :+)

Stacy @ Every Little Thing January 17, 2011 at 9:39 am

I noticed it last night (as I was looking for your Classic Green Monster recipe, hehe) and it looks great!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

Awesome renovations, Ange!!! I might have to wait until after I eat lunch to click through all of these because if I look now, food is all I’ll be thinking about!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

This makes it ten times easier! I love the pictures feature, it’s simpler to recognize what you’re looking for:) Happy organizing! xoxox

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun January 17, 2011 at 9:43 am

Love the new recipe page! It looks great! :-)

Trish @I_am_Succeeding January 17, 2011 at 9:44 am

Looks great!

OSGMOM January 17, 2011 at 9:47 am

Fantastic job of better organizing and showcasing your recipes & photographs! LOVE IT :)

Beach Bum Beauty January 17, 2011 at 9:51 am

I’m having an organising stint at the moment too. I think the thubmails are a great help as sometimes I forget the name of something I have made but never the pic. FANTASTICO!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt January 17, 2011 at 9:51 am

So exciting! You had me at the title. :) Your recipes page was already fantastic. I cannot wait to see the even more fantastic version!

Roanne January 17, 2011 at 9:52 am

Wow it’s looking good! Thanks for all your hard work!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 17, 2011 at 9:52 am

Wow– THAT is a great makeover!!! It must have been a ton of work– thank you!!!!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) January 17, 2011 at 9:58 am

this is great angela! none of your recipes have yet to let me down :) i still get comments about the pear layered gingerbread cake.. i should really make that again, hm…

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 17, 2011 at 9:59 am

the new page is amazing…i love it!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 17, 2011 at 10:01 am

yay so excited! thanks for working on it for us!

Allison @ Food For Healing January 17, 2011 at 10:03 am

i love doing organizing like that! its so rewarding too. It will definitely look awesome and be easier to look for recipes

kristy @ kristyruns.com January 17, 2011 at 10:07 am

This is amazing. THANK YOU!

LaurenTheMightyPeanut January 17, 2011 at 10:07 am

I just wanted to let you know that I made my first successful (tasty) GM this weekend. Thank you for the great advice! And the Monday Makeover!

Beth January 17, 2011 at 10:08 am

Just checked out the re-designed Recipes page and I love it.
Easy to find specific recipes, and all the pictures are amazing!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 17, 2011 at 10:09 am

It’s looking awesome Ange!

Lisa January 17, 2011 at 10:11 am

Angela! That’s GREAT! My sister and I just started our blog today and we definitely had the idea of including picture thumbnails on our recipes page. So funny to see you post on this today! Keep up the great work!

Wanda January 17, 2011 at 10:16 am

I love it, great work. I can not wait for your cookbook.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty January 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

It looks fantastic!! Super helpful too for finding all your delicious recipes!! :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

I bet that takes a lot of time and work. I know just going back and trying to tag old posts takes me forever.

Maddie (Healthy Maddie) January 17, 2011 at 10:29 am

Thanks so much for adding thumbnail pictures and organizing it!

[email protected] January 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

thanks for all your hard work, angela…you are one incredible cook, with one incredible sight! :)
love,
cathy b. @ brightbakes

Katie January 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

I’m impressed! That is some serious work you are putting into your page, and thanks so much for it! I love the idea of click-able thumbnails and have thought about doing that for my page too, but the amount of work to do it stops me every time.

You are dedicated!

lauren January 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

This looks great, angela — and so does your breakfast!

[email protected] Sweet Life January 17, 2011 at 10:44 am

It’s really amazing that you’ve created and mastered so many delicious recipes. Congrats!

Cait January 17, 2011 at 10:46 am

I have been following your blog for about a month now after a recommendation from a friend. I am super excited to see some of the changes you are making to the recipe section. Have a bunch printed and ready to go for my own trial and error and I cant wait to go back and explore more. THANKS!

Ali January 17, 2011 at 10:48 am

Yes! Visual-learner style FTW! And my stomach just growled looking at that page…..

Camille January 17, 2011 at 10:52 am

I like the “Afternoon Powersnacks” idea! I am a generally healthy person. but the afternoon is where I always just get munchy and eat whatever!

Katy (The Singing Runner) January 17, 2011 at 10:53 am

Looks great! :D

Sabine @ thefruitpursuit January 17, 2011 at 11:02 am

Looks great! Are you doing it all manually?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2011 at 11:33 am

Yup lol

Anne January 17, 2011 at 11:02 am

This is wonderful! I appreciate all the hard work and time you are putting into organizing all of your recipes so they are easy to find and access. Love the thumbnails.

Lauren at KeepItSweet January 17, 2011 at 11:09 am

So exciting! Can’t wait to go through all of your delicious recipes!!

Jennifer Wolfe January 17, 2011 at 11:10 am

it looks fantastic!!

Sarah January 17, 2011 at 11:16 am

Yay! I’m so glad b/c I always search for recipes on here! Thanks for puttin’ in the work.

Meredith January 17, 2011 at 11:20 am

Looks so great! Your summery recipes reeally make me miss those CSA/Farmers market days! Oh to have sunshine again…

[email protected] Stepping to the Brightside January 17, 2011 at 11:22 am

I’ve yet to try vegan overnight oats. It’s one of those things that requires night-before planning and always slips my mind. MUST get on that asap!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2011 at 11:32 am

I hope you enjoy them! I might do a special post on them this week :)

Moni'sMeals January 17, 2011 at 11:22 am

oh good!
such a project for you and so much easier for us. :)
Your the best!

carpensm @ A Life Without Ice Cream January 17, 2011 at 11:39 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look of the recipe page! Also as a bonus, checking out your new look had me discovering recipes I’d love to try! Always such an inspiration!

Christine (The Raw Project) January 17, 2011 at 11:40 am

A wonderful makeover, it looks great!

Healthy Chocoholic January 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

The recipe page looks awesome!!!!!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 17, 2011 at 11:55 am

Awesome changes!!!

Bronwyn Coyne January 17, 2011 at 11:58 am

Looks awesome! I love thumbnails because sometimes I can’t remember the name of what I’m looking for, and usually if I see it I remember it.

Pam January 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Your recipe page in and of itself now looks like a cookbook! The photos are incredible. They look so professional! The thumbnail idea is the best. It helps so much to see a pic of each recipe.

Thanks for all your work on this.

Amber K January 17, 2011 at 12:08 pm

That is so cool! I am sure it is taking a long time, but it looks fantastic!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm

thanks everyone!

stacey-healthylife January 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I love all your recipes. :) Can’t wait for a cookbook someday. :)

Elizabeth January 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Hi Angela,
Just discovered your site looking for raw cookie recipes (found choc chip!) – love it!!!
Thanks so much, I’ll be making it a favorite for quick reference!
Elizabeth

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Beautiful and very organized, and yes I am HUNGRY!

xxoo

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm

It looks great! I know it is a ton of hard work (I’ve been trying to motivate myself to do this on my blog), but I defintiely appreciate it! :)

Wendy (Healthy Girl's Kitchen) January 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Okay, that is so cool. You are officially the best healthy food blogger!

Krissy Harris January 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Yeah! Love this!

amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) January 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Looks amazing Angela! You are a rock star vegan cook. Your books are going to do so well!

Lauren January 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Great job! I love the photo with the recipe because they will make me want to make it EVEN more.

Lia January 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm

It looks awesome! Such an improvement! Great job!

Emily January 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Your blog seriously astonishes me! So much talent and recipes packed into one site. I would love to someday have so many recipes and pages to share with everyone :)

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day January 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm

That’s awesome… it must have taken you forever! I keep putting this off in my own blog… due to the amount of work it takes.

Picky Nicky January 17, 2011 at 2:26 pm

The pictures will make it so much easier to look through recipes :) Thanks!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} January 17, 2011 at 2:30 pm

It’s looking great! :-)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Nothing like a “small little project” to eat up “just a few” hours of your time :)

WOW!!!!

Thank you, Angela, for taking the time to do this! I cleaned up my own recipe index in December and clearly, it’s nothing! like yours…and it took me dozens and dozens of hours. I even posted that cleaning up one’s own links/tabs and updating things like popular posts, blogrolls, recipe index, that it’s kinda a thankless job about as exciting as watching paint dry…but that if you dont do it,it’s like cobwebs under the couch…they multiply and get out of control in a hurry.

The pics on the recipe tab is a phenomenal idea…thank you!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm

haha great analogy!! so true.

[email protected] January 17, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Thank you! Now we can find all of your incredible recipes in a glance. Perfect job!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter January 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm

That is so awesome! I can’t wait to browse through it all, all of the recipes I have tried have been so good!

carri z. January 17, 2011 at 2:51 pm

love this!
thanks so much
for all your work.

the thumbnails are GREaT!
i usually remember
what i am LOOKING for,
but not the name.

so thank you again for
rockin’ it!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm

This is incredible, seriously..recipes with pictures *always* help when trying to decide waht to make!

Kristine January 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I love the thumbnails on the recipe page! Great idea!

Sana January 17, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I love that you constantly work to make OSG an amazing place!

Bridget January 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Your blog keeps getting better and better! I love OSG!

Lu January 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I’m going to consider this to be an early birthday present. I can’t wait to make some of these recipes.

Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm

wow – it looks wonderful!!!

Veronica @ lifewithnature January 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Wow. I know how time consuming this huge job can be, but the end result totally worth it especially for us, fellow readers ;) So many great recipes in there, and now with the clickable thumbnail, it makes it really mouth-watering.

Great work!

[email protected] January 17, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Everything looks great, and I love being able to see the thumbnail!

tweal January 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm

nice makeover :)

Emma @ CuddleNRead.blogspot.com January 17, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Thank you for all the wonderful recipes. I’ve never posted but wanted you to know that I’ve tried just about every one I can!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Thanks Emma!

Cara Craves... January 17, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Oh my goodness this must have taken you a while!
Nice work. It looks fabulous!
I love how easily accessible it is. I love coming to
your site from recipe inspiration.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Oh wow, that must be so time consuming! It looks great though and it’ll be so easy to find new recipes to try now! :D

Hannah January 17, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Oh brilliant, thank you! Just the other week I went to your recipe page and was *sure* you’d done more recipes than existed there. Thank you for fixing this up for we humble readers!

Sruthi @ Exercise, Food & Beyond January 17, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Looks great!

Amanda (Sweet and Savory Vegan) January 17, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I think you are some kind of super woman. At the very least, you are my organizational hero. The updates look great.

Liv January 17, 2011 at 8:17 pm

You’re website is AMAZING! You put so much time and effort into it and it really shows.
Keep up the great work :)

Sophia @ Raven Waves January 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Great update!! Love the thumbnail idea!

Alyssa @ fashionfitnessfoodie January 17, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Haha i was tricked – I tried to click on the low fat baked banana doughnuts and it brought me to the screen shot you had taken of it. Whomp Whomp. I’ll search it on your website but that’s a great idea with the thumbnails!!

stephanie a. January 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm

thanks, angela, for doing all that work for us : ) i often peruse your recipe index. i usually know that if it looks like old photography (ie with your old camera) then there’s a chance it’s not vegan, but if it’s with your new camera, it’s vegan and probably really healthy. just sayin’ : \
i just reorganized mine, too, and just dealing with the html script and all that crap was a nightmare!

Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 17, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I am def going to explore some recipes!

Sarah January 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Love makeovers :)

mary (what's cookin' with mary) January 17, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I am SO jealous ;) It looks so amazing Ange. I can’t wait to check it out more! I really like how there is a picture of the recipe with the title!! I need to figure out how to do this…

Travel Raw January 17, 2011 at 9:57 pm

So helpful, thank you! I used the site tonight (before I read this post) to find the Vegan Overnight Oats – can’t wait to eat them in the morning!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 17, 2011 at 10:29 pm

That sounds awesome Angela!! Thanks for taking the time to do that :-)

Amy January 17, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I’ve visited your recipe page a lot the past few weeks and have gradually noticed little changes. The pictures are a great idea! Btw, yesterday morning I made your breakfast pizza with some subs (I used apple butter instead of jam, and I made the crust GF) and my boyfriend declared it as “the best thing I’ve ever made.” He wanted me to let you know!! Lol

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy January 17, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Ooooh exciting exciting! I was just perusing your recipe section this weekend looking for inspiration. Now I’ll have to give the upgraded version a test run!

Audrey January 17, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Wonderful! This is so helpful. Thank you for all your hard work.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 18, 2011 at 12:07 am

Thank you!!! I love it! I love your recipes!!! Now I can find them more easily! Thank you for all of the hard work and time you put into your recipes. :D

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 18, 2011 at 12:07 am

Casey Thomas January 18, 2011 at 12:28 am

One word: hungry!

Jenn (www.real-nutrition-nyc.com) January 18, 2011 at 12:42 am

YUMMY!!!!!

Namaste Gurl January 18, 2011 at 12:47 am

How fun- I can’t wait to see the finished work in progress! By the way, I already get hungry looking at your recipe page:)

Sydney January 18, 2011 at 1:12 am

I just made your mac n cheese recipe yesterday – my first vegan mac n cheese so far. I was so scared I didn’t even taste the sauce, just threw it all together, shoved it in the oven and did a “pleeeease make this good” dance. And let me just say – I agree with you 100% about recipes like that making you believe you can be vegan forever. What a knock out of a recipe. Really sensational. Trying one of your GMs tomorrow before work. Thank you for all the recipes, you’re awesome!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2011 at 8:32 am

Sydney, that is great to hear, thanks for letting me know!

Emmy (Wine and Butter) January 18, 2011 at 4:45 am

I love the way your blog shows your transition from being almost scared of food to absolutely LOVING it, and prioritising taste and health over stupid pointeless calories! Thats totally the way my life has gone too and what I am trying to illustrate in my blog – yipppeeee for us and all the yummy stuff we get to eat now :) xox

Shamima January 18, 2011 at 8:49 am

Looks great Angela, thank you!! Made your Oatmeal Raisin cookies for the 2nd time and they are sooooo good!

Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) January 18, 2011 at 9:06 am

This is fantastic! Thanks :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie January 18, 2011 at 10:04 am

Oh I love the thumbnails! Sounds like a lot of work so thank you. haha

Dancer January 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm

You are such a hardworker…I really admire that about you. I think I am too if I may say so myself lol.

Anyhow, I couldn’t find your “Flax & Oat Breakfast Power Muffins” on the new page. I LOVE THEM. I had to google it. Is it because it isn’t vegan?

Just wanted to tell you I missed it :)

xoxo

Shayla January 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I absolutely love this! Often times I look for a recipe and I don’t remember the name, but always remember how delicious it looked! This will help tremendously and I’m so excited I’ll be able to find them easier since I want to try and make all your delicious recipes! Thanks Angela! :)