Makeover Monday

Good morning!

I want to tell you about a fun makeover that is going down on my Recipes page. Phase 2 of my recipes page makeover is currently underway…and delicious things are happening.

I have been going through every recipe on my Recipes page (over 300!) and organizing my little heart out. I’m fixing broken links (there were a lot…) and grouping recipes into easier to locate subcategories. For example,  there is now a ‘Vegan Overnight Oats’ subsection within the ‘Breakfast’ category and a ‘Chews/Balls/Truffles’ subsection under the ‘Raw/No Bake’ section.

But what I am most excited about is that I have been inserting a clickable thumbnail image of each recipe

Untitled_thumb[2]dd_thumb[2]

I’m hoping that this helps you guys find recipes a lot easier and also locate some recipes that you may have missed. I included a sub category of ‘Angela’s Favourites’ recipes as well (in ‘Dinner’ section). Yesterday, I got about 120 recipes + images complete and I am hoping to finish off the rest today or tomorrow.

fffff

Click here to check out what I have done so far…be warned though you might get hungry!

Also checkout my right hand sidebars– I have added a ‘Featured Recipes’ list and an ‘Afternoon Powersnacks’ list that will be continually updating as new recipes are added.

I hope this makes your life easier and my Recipes page is a bit more fun for you to explore.

I shall return. Smile

Page 3 of 3«123
Shayla January 19, 2011

I absolutely love this! Often times I look for a recipe and I don’t remember the name, but always remember how delicious it looked! This will help tremendously and I’m so excited I’ll be able to find them easier since I want to try and make all your delicious recipes! Thanks Angela! :)

Dancer January 18, 2011

You are such a hardworker…I really admire that about you. I think I am too if I may say so myself lol.

Anyhow, I couldn’t find your “Flax & Oat Breakfast Power Muffins” on the new page. I LOVE THEM. I had to google it. Is it because it isn’t vegan?

Just wanted to tell you I missed it :)

xoxo

Diana @ frontyardfoodie January 18, 2011

Oh I love the thumbnails! Sounds like a lot of work so thank you. haha

Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) January 18, 2011

This is fantastic! Thanks :)

Shamima January 18, 2011

Looks great Angela, thank you!! Made your Oatmeal Raisin cookies for the 2nd time and they are sooooo good!

Emmy (Wine and Butter) January 18, 2011

I love the way your blog shows your transition from being almost scared of food to absolutely LOVING it, and prioritising taste and health over stupid pointeless calories! Thats totally the way my life has gone too and what I am trying to illustrate in my blog – yipppeeee for us and all the yummy stuff we get to eat now :) xox

Sydney January 18, 2011

I just made your mac n cheese recipe yesterday – my first vegan mac n cheese so far. I was so scared I didn’t even taste the sauce, just threw it all together, shoved it in the oven and did a “pleeeease make this good” dance. And let me just say – I agree with you 100% about recipes like that making you believe you can be vegan forever. What a knock out of a recipe. Really sensational. Trying one of your GMs tomorrow before work. Thank you for all the recipes, you’re awesome!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2011

Sydney, that is great to hear, thanks for letting me know!

Namaste Gurl January 18, 2011

How fun- I can’t wait to see the finished work in progress! By the way, I already get hungry looking at your recipe page:)

Jenn (www.real-nutrition-nyc.com) January 18, 2011

YUMMY!!!!!

Casey Thomas January 18, 2011

One word: hungry!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 18, 2011

Thank you!!! I love it! I love your recipes!!! Now I can find them more easily! Thank you for all of the hard work and time you put into your recipes. :D

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 18, 2011

Audrey January 17, 2011

Wonderful! This is so helpful. Thank you for all your hard work.

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy January 17, 2011

Ooooh exciting exciting! I was just perusing your recipe section this weekend looking for inspiration. Now I’ll have to give the upgraded version a test run!

Amy January 17, 2011

I’ve visited your recipe page a lot the past few weeks and have gradually noticed little changes. The pictures are a great idea! Btw, yesterday morning I made your breakfast pizza with some subs (I used apple butter instead of jam, and I made the crust GF) and my boyfriend declared it as “the best thing I’ve ever made.” He wanted me to let you know!! Lol

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 17, 2011

That sounds awesome Angela!! Thanks for taking the time to do that :-)

Travel Raw January 17, 2011

So helpful, thank you! I used the site tonight (before I read this post) to find the Vegan Overnight Oats – can’t wait to eat them in the morning!

mary (what's cookin' with mary) January 17, 2011

I am SO jealous ;) It looks so amazing Ange. I can’t wait to check it out more! I really like how there is a picture of the recipe with the title!! I need to figure out how to do this…

Sarah January 17, 2011

Love makeovers :)

Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 17, 2011

I am def going to explore some recipes!

stephanie a. January 17, 2011

thanks, angela, for doing all that work for us : ) i often peruse your recipe index. i usually know that if it looks like old photography (ie with your old camera) then there’s a chance it’s not vegan, but if it’s with your new camera, it’s vegan and probably really healthy. just sayin’ : \
i just reorganized mine, too, and just dealing with the html script and all that crap was a nightmare!

Alyssa @ fashionfitnessfoodie January 17, 2011

Haha i was tricked – I tried to click on the low fat baked banana doughnuts and it brought me to the screen shot you had taken of it. Whomp Whomp. I’ll search it on your website but that’s a great idea with the thumbnails!!

Sophia @ Raven Waves January 17, 2011

Great update!! Love the thumbnail idea!

Liv January 17, 2011

You’re website is AMAZING! You put so much time and effort into it and it really shows.
Keep up the great work :)