Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope you are enjoying a day filled with delicious food, loved ones, caffeine, laughter, chocolate, and fun. Did I mention chocolate and caffeine? Ok. Just making sure we are on the same page here.

We have had a great day at my in-laws place. We didn’t end up opening our gifts until about 4pm because we were waiting for Steve and Joanne to arrive (they spent the morning’s at Joanne’s dad’s house). It ended up being nice because it stretched out Christmas day that much longer! It always goes by so quickly…just like a wedding!

IMG 7141 thumb   Christmas 2010

The weather today was about –5C and cloudy skies. I was contemplating getting outside for a run, but I wasn’t motivated enough today. Maybe tomorrow… ;)

IMG 7241 thumb   Christmas 2010

I did venture out to meet the neighbours! Eric and I brought them Glo Bars and Nanaimo bars and in return I asked to borrow vanilla, flour, and baking soda for our recipe! lol.

IMG 22602 thumb   Christmas 2010

They were very nice and sent us home with whole wheat flour, vanilla extract, and baking soda!

Whohoo! The show goes on.

IMG 7285 thumb   Christmas 2010

I haven’t tried it yet, but I hope it tastes good because I’ll be blogging about it tomorrow!

IMG 7239 thumb   Christmas 2010

This is the cute bedroom we are sleeping in. The bed has a bed warmer and it is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread.

IMG 7125 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 72442 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7166 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7168 thumb   Christmas 2010

Scared.

IMG 7178 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7195 thumb   Christmas 2010

My niece and nephew were so excited today…it was fun to watch them open gifts!

IMG 7370 thumb   Christmas 2010

A few of my gifts…

Very excited to try this cookbook out! It looks pretty good.

IMG 7425 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7377 thumb   Christmas 2010

I was also surprised with a Silpat non-stick baking mat. I have wanted one for a couple years now, but I never bothered to shell out the cash for one as they are quite expensive. I’m really excited to try it out in lieu of parchment paper!

IMG 7405 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7395 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7409 thumb   Christmas 2010

I also got a couple serving trays! Expect to see on the blog soon. :)

IMG 7415 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7152 thumb   Christmas 2010

Drinks are being enjoyed…a lot.

IMG 7421 thumb   Christmas 2010

IMG 7414 thumb   Christmas 2010

Lurking deep within the belly of the tree, Sketchie says Merry Catmas! Santa brought Sketchie some cat treats this year. He has already had about 10 treats…plus the dog’s food…plus the other cat’s wet food.

It’s a good day for Sketchie.

Coming up tomorrow…

IMG 7329 thumb   Christmas 2010

Any guesses what Eric and I made?

Healthy Chocoholic December 25, 2010

Looks like you had a great day! Those are some seriously beautiful pictures!!!!!
Merry Christmas!

Cara Craves... December 25, 2010

Great Christmas pics.
Your house is so festive!
Hope you had a lovely dinner with your fam.

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Angela!

Looks like you had a wonderful day with the family!

Great gifts…I have been eyeing “The Vegan Table” for awhile but havent bought it b/c i have 17 other vegan cookbooks that I haven’t begun to plow through yet!

You didn’t have a silpat til today? Great! That gives me faith that I can bake and have my goodies turn out even halfway as amazing as yours..b/c I dont have one either. And probably won’t be getting one anytime soon. lol. Enjoy yours! :)

And Stay Warm!! -5F Burrrrr!

stacey-healthylife December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas. Looks like you got some great gifts.

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks December 25, 2010

Looks like a fantastic Christmas….have a great one! :)

Gina December 25, 2010

I love the Vegan Table cookbook! I borrowed it from the library this summer, and found some great recipes. I actually made a Red Velvet cake for Christmas with a recipe from that book! It was delicious, hopefully I’ll get pictures of it up soon :)

Lou December 25, 2010

merry christmas!
and that is a nice picture of the cat, great eyes.

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Angela! Whatever you and Eric made looks lovely!

Lizzie December 25, 2010

Angela, that photo of Sketchie under the tree is hilarious!! His eyes look like cartoon eyes. he’s so cute!! Merry Christmas!

erica December 25, 2010

merry christmas! looks like you had a great day :)

Megan @ Sweet On December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Angela!

The Vegan Table is a great cookbook! I recommend the African Sweet Potato stew (soup?)…it’s a game changer! xo

Alaina December 25, 2010

Umm, something with pecans and raisins? Bread? ;-)

Merry Christmas!!

Stefanie December 25, 2010

Looks like a great Christmas day. Heated beds are awesome. Great for cold nights. It looks like you made some type of cookies or biscotti. Enjoy the rest of your night. :)

'Dee December 25, 2010

Oooooh – I love, love, love my silpat. I used it just this morning to make rosemary roasted potates for our Christmas Day brunch! I hope you love it, too.

Beautiful pictures. Happy Christmas, Ange!

Toronto Girl West December 25, 2010

I’ve been using a Silpat type mat for a couple of years and I love it!!! Trust me, you’ll never go back!!

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Michelle December 25, 2010

Looks like you’re having a great Christmas! Wish you all the best :)

laura December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!
Looks like you had a great day. Can’t wait to see the recipe :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 25, 2010

Omg, such a beautiful home. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

Andrea December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!
Looks like you had a lovely time! I got a Silpat too, I’m really excited to use it :)

Mrs. Muffins December 25, 2010

That last picture of Sketchie is priceless! Merry Christmas!
xx

Camille December 25, 2010

What a wonderfully festive Christmas! And total score on the Silpat!
Merry Christmas, Angela!

Wei-Wei December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas! You mentioned chocolate and caffeine… where’s the alcohol? :D

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 25, 2010

That silicone mat is awesome! I have always wanted one too!

Dawn December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Angela!
It looks like you are having a wonderful holiday! I love the festive pics of the tree, food, outdoor shots, etc. But especially the Sketchie pics – sooo cute!
I hope you will continue to blog about your runs, especially if they are outdoor, I’m running through the winter and am getting lots of inpiration from friends and bloggers who are also running through the winter.
Wishing you the best the holiday season has to offer, and health and happiness in the New Year,
Dawn

Kayla December 25, 2010

I have a Silpat and the cookies I bake on it always have the most perfect golden edges and soft centers! Love it!

Cynthia December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas! My husband and I just got a Silpat a couple of weeks ago and it is the best thing ever! You will love it. :)

Madeleine@ Stepping to the Brightside December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Angela! Looks like your day was wonderfully warm and cozy, just as it should be :) I’m going to guess… a chocolate chip cookie recipe of sorts?

Brittany December 26, 2010

I love how decorated the house that you photographed is! Such good taste! I love The Vegan Table! It has some great stuff for non-vegans because it’s not all about the tofu and other processed foods! She values health and well-being and also has amazing pictures to make you drool like crazy!! Merry Christmas!!

Imwaytoobusy December 26, 2010

Such nice neighbors you have ;) Merry Christmas!

Bronwyn Coyne December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas! Can’t wait to see what you made.

Bronwyn Coyne December 26, 2010

PS forgot to add, best picture of a cat I have ever seen. I think Sketchy is one of the most gorgeous cats ever (second to my cat of course ;) ).

stephanie a. December 26, 2010

My guess: Scones : )

Merry Xmas!

Ellie December 26, 2010

my guess is…PANETONNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sportsgirl December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas Angela. I got that recipe book for Christmas too. I borrowed it from the library a couple of times and decided to ask Santa for it for Christmas. Snap!!

carlee December 26, 2010

LONGEST post ever! But also most beautiful! hehe
Looks like you had an aweseom christmas! and great photos!
Hope you had a very merry christmas!
I want some new serving trays, dishes etc to make my photos all pretty-er! lol
Merry Christmas Angela!

Leia December 26, 2010

Looks like you are having a fantastic time! Can’t wait to see tomorrow’s recipe :)

Angela, I want to ask you something … I’ve been vegetarian for 11 years now, and am trying out more and more vegan recipes (thanks to your blog) and have even gone weeks without any animal products at all. I do admit to missing cheese and milk when I cut them out, but I think I could commit to a vegan diet full-time… the only thing stopping me is that I’m scared I won’t get enough B12. My cousin is B12 deficient and her doctor told her you can only get it from animal sources, like meat or dairy. In The Kind Diet, Alicia mentions taking a B12 supplement. I don’t want to take a supplement and want to get all my nutrients from food; is that possible on a vegan diet? Do you take a supplement? (Sorry for the long-winded comment and question!) xo

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 26, 2010

Occasionally some foods are fortified with b12, such as nutritional yeast, cereals, and veggie ‘meat’ products. I try to get some nutr. yeast each week in my diet, however I also do take a B12 supplement once per week (my doc said every day was not needed for me as my levels looked good) and it is important not to overdose when taking B12 supplement. I think it is also a good idea to have your levels monitored on a regular basis…I have tests taken every 6 months at the doc’s office.

Leia December 26, 2010

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 26, 2010

no prob…goodluck with everything!

Nicole (Picky Nicky) December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas to you too :) That picture of Sketchie is soooo precious! And if I had to guess what was in that bowl, I’d say you’re making breakfast muffins!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 26, 2010

I’m glad you had such a good Christmas! I totally agree that it goes by way too quickly. I’m in denial that it’s over! ;)

Enjoy that Silpat baking mat! I have one and it works like a dream.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 26, 2010

Do you find that the cooking time needs to be adjusted at all? (Longer?)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 27, 2010

Yeah the baking time is a bit longer. The last cookies I made needed an extra 2-3 minutes. I usually just keep a close eye on them once they reach the baking time in the recipe. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 27, 2010

awesome, thanks!!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas! You will love the SilPat!

I am making the family your carrot cake oats this morning. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 26, 2010

mmmm enjoy!!!

Katy (The Singing Runner) December 26, 2010

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! :)

Danielle December 26, 2010

Cats are so cute playing amongst the Christmas decorations! My in-laws’ cat loves to relax underneath the ‘cave’ of discarded wrapping paper.

Page 1 of 212»