Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 14, 2010

Good morning!

Thank you all so much for your kind words about my final post in Project Food Blog!

You guys just blow me away with your positive spirit. I was reading over your comments and stories and found myself getting all misty eyed. I would like to blame it on my lack of sleep this past week, but really, I’m just a big sap… ;)

The final round of voting is now open and I would love your support! It also helps if you ‘like’ the post on Facebook and re-tweet it too. Thank you so much in advance and I greatly appreciate it!

This Friday we will find out the results at 3pm EST.

Pins and needles!

…and a few cookies for good measure…

An Edible Love Story

IMG_5406

This is the tale of an edible love story.

This story is not for the faint of heart, but only for the most romantic cookie dreamers out there.

This is for those of us who revel in the thought of edible cookie dough and rich, soft chocolate chips…

Chewy, soft interiors with a slightly crisp outer edge…

Cream cheese buttercream frosting…and a cookie dough patty.

Let me explain.

IMG_5403

This story began as a simple quest to bake vegan chocolate chip cookies and it turned into something much more than that.

My initial recipe idea for my final post in Project Food Blog was not Nanaimo Bars…

It was a vegan chocolate chip cookie!

I spent several days testing different recipes and methods. In the end, I went with the 3 vegan Nanaimo bars, but these cookies still have a very special place in my heart!

IMG_5604

It all started when I came across the famous chocolate chip cookie recipe from Jacques Torres a while back. Jacques refrigerates his cookie dough for 24 hours before baking. Apparently, when you refrigerate the cookie dough, it allows the flavours to develop and results in a better tasting cookie.

I found there was an improvement in taste after refrigerating the cookie dough for 12 hours as compared to baking immediately.

IMG_5138

Of course, Eric also sampled each batch that I baked, offering his opinion.

The winning cookie was clear to both of us.

I like when that happens.

IMG_5374

Things got a little crazy.

IMG_5403b

The fun thing about this chocolate chip cookie recipe is that there are pecans and walnuts in it…

IMG_5514

I decided to toast the nuts like I did in my Ultimate Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe because it really makes the nutty flavour pop.

After toasting for 8-10 mins, process until fine in a food processor.

IMG_5517

Then I mixed the egg replacer with water and set aside.

Now, cream the Earth Balance (or butter) for a minute with a mixer and then add the sugars and beat for 3-4 minutes until it looks like this:

IMG_5502

Add the vanilla extract to the egg replacer mixture and stir. Then add this to the Earth Balance/sugar mixture.

Beat for 3-4 more mins. on medium to high speed. It will look a bit like frosting or cream cheese!

IMG_5507

Now whisk together the dry ingredients…

IMG_5505

Add the dry ingredients gradually to the wet, and mix until just incorporated.

Looking good!

IMG_5073

(and tasting good!)

Add the processed nuts and the chocolate chips or chunks.

IMG_5095

The chopped chocolate is great because you get little slivers of chocolate throughout the cookie, but the chips are great because the cookie and chocolate flavours are a bit more distinct. Personal preference! I enjoy both.

IMG_5522

Refrigerate the dough, covered in plastic wrap overnight…or for 8-12 hours.

IMG_5138

This allows the flavours to really develop and is a method used by Jacques Torres (although he refrigerates for 24-36 hours- I tried this and this dough was a bit dry for my liking).

Allow the chilled dough to come to room temperature for about 60 minutes. Now preheat the oven to 350F.

Form into balls and then place on lined cookie sheet about 1.5-2 inches apart.

IMG_5122

Goodness me.

IMG_5130

They are dreamy little balls of deliciousness!

IMG_5133

IMG_5134

I flattened each ball slightly with my hand and then sprinkled with a bit of kosher salt.

IMG_5536

Bake for 10 minutes at 350F. The cookies will firm up quite a bit so not to worry if they are initially soft.

Depending on how large or small your cookies are, you will have to adjust the baking time. :)

Cool for 5 minutes, and then make your sandwich cookie! Flip cookies bottom side up and spread one with cream cheese frosting (recipe linked above). Grab some cookie dough and form a patty and cover another cookie with it.

IMG_5377b

Sandwich the two cookies together!

IMG_5396

The result is sheer ecstasy.

Baked cookies, cookie dough, and frosting. You can see why I made some into mini cookies! Actually the mini cookie is the perfect size, but the large ones are real show stoppers..

IMG_5406

An edible love story and perhaps one of the best tasting cookie sandwiches to ever cross my lips.

IMG_5594

It’s time to get back to business for this gal.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!! :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 14, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Oh dear. I think my heart just stopped.

christina cadden December 14, 2010 at 12:14 pm

mm, looks so good! I want to come over and eat one!

Heather (Heather's Dish) December 14, 2010 at 12:16 pm

ok it’s official…i’m making these for my hubby immediately as a christmas present! he will DIE with that cookie dough patty in the middle!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 14, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Love the labeled diagram :). I’ve never had a cookie sandwich with a patty inside. I wanna try one though. Don’t be surprised if you hear a knock on your door!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete December 14, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Angela, this is epic — it has never occurred to me to have raw cookie dough in between two baked cookies — you are a genius :)

Good luck with the Foodbuzz win — I’m pulling for you!

Allison @ Food For Healing December 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I am totally craving cookie dough now. I want to make chocolate chip cookies just for the cookie dough. yummmmmm!

Roz December 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm

If I vote twice, will you send me a cookie???
Kidding of course, you have my vote, and these look delicious! GOOD LUCK!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 12:41 pm

bahaha thks!

LK December 14, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Hi, Angela! I’ve been reading your ‘blog for a few months now, and I just received my order of holiday Glo Bars in the mail (delicious — thus far I’ve tried the s’mores and the crunchy pecan pie delight). I figured given that you’ve become a regular part of my day I’d take this opportunity to share with you what an inspiration you are to me. While there are many aspects of my life I love (my husband, my cutie-pie rat terrier mix, my opportunities to become physically stronger through yoga/running/etc.), I take a daily lesson from your fearless pursuit of, well, wholeness (I recognize this is my word, not yours, so if you find it misses the mark, apologies).

Anyway, thanks much for your efforts. They mean a lot to me (and clearly others).

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan December 14, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Wow! The words chocolate chip cookie and sandwich got me so excited. Looks amazing! :)

[email protected] December 14, 2010 at 12:34 pm

No way!! I think I just died and went to heaven!!

Nichole December 14, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I bet kids would go crazy for this sandwich. It looks so decadent and really rich!!! Another winner!!! :)

Bonnie December 14, 2010 at 12:39 pm

WOW! I think I’ll try these out with our small group tonight – 4 men and 2 women could really enjoy these for dessert (and 1 woman in particular could really enjoy making these – read: sampling these!). ;) I voted for you yesterday – you are so talented and have obviously put so much work into each post – good luck!

Kristina @ spabettie December 14, 2010 at 12:40 pm

um, I’m sorry, what constitutes a “holiday cookie” ??

I’d say these ABSOLUTELY say Happy Holidays… oh my.

Kristina @ spabettie December 14, 2010 at 12:41 pm

…and WHEN will they be in the Glo Bakery Store for me to buy??? ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I like the way you think Kristina!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I think you’d have to fight Eric for them! ;)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg December 14, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Voting for you!!! Wowza– I hope you win!!!!

Lauren at KeepItSweet December 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm

drooling.

Gillian December 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm

The new double down ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 12:59 pm

haha I was thinking about that!

Melissa @ I Never Imagined December 14, 2010 at 12:54 pm

These DO look like sheer ecstasy! So naughty looking, but secretly vegan! Vegans do have more fun!
I have been tweeting and tweeting and tweeting you girl :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 12:59 pm

thank you!!!!

Lauren December 14, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I’d rather make vegan goods after seeing your recipes & pictures!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Oh me oh my!!!!

Stacy @ Every Little Thing December 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm

That looks absolutely divine and something I would never expect to be vegan! Amazing concoction!

Suzanne @ Continuing My Education December 14, 2010 at 1:03 pm

You are a genius! I am continually amazed at the creations you come up with. Keep up the good work and you definitely have my vote for the food buzz project!

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats December 14, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Oh MY – these cookies are absolutely holiday-worthy – in fact they are all-the-time-worthy :)

Jessica December 14, 2010 at 1:08 pm

These look so good! I’m LOVING all these cookie posts!

Andrea December 14, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Ooooh my gosh, those look divine- the cookie dough patty?! It’s all too much! Genius.

Amber K December 14, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Okay, I have got to figure out how to make these gluten-free. A super chewy cookie is my goal. And that stack is insane! Droooooooooool ;)

Dee December 14, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Oh my good golly miss molly! *drools*

Gloria December 14, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Oh my…. I’m speechless. That looks delicious!!

Tiffany @ Conor & Bella December 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Those are the most amazing cookies I have ever seen. I currently have vegan gingerbread men in the oven, but now I want these!!!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) December 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I feel like there could also be a layer of cream cheese frosting under the dough layer. Yum.

Healthy Chocoholic December 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Those cookies look delicious!!!!!!! Can’t wait to make them!!!!

christyn @ All Ways Nutritious December 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm

wow these look to-die-for!!

Balanced Healthy Life December 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Can’t wait to see you win on Friday! Yay! I just voted, good luck! : )

Summer December 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Angie, with excitement ,i leave a love filled note for u here!
Was looking forward to cast my vote for u and yuppie i did!!
For me u are already a winner and poohy hugs with a Santa kiss jus for ya!!!
hip hippp hurray …..u go gurl and u sure do glow!

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 14, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Woow these are insane! Such a genius idea, especially with putting cookie dough in the middle! Brilliant!! Such cravings now!
Voted too by the way! :D

Svetlana December 14, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Is it raw cookie dough? It is not dangerous to eat raw eggs? Thank you for your response :) These look amaaaaaaaazing.

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 14, 2010 at 1:47 pm

“Chewy, soft interiors with a slightly crisp outer edge…

Cream cheese buttercream frosting…and a cookie dough patty.”

THAT IS HEAVENLY!!!
Ok as a kid, I loved, i repeat LOVED Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. I probably shouldnt admit that but i did. And to this day, I would probably eat them if it werent for them being way out of food allergy bounds, and not vegan. But i digress.

Your cookies remind me of the best possible recreation of an oatmeal cream pie. PLUS, you used Choc Chips!!!!

I have never ever been patient enough to refrig dough. Even for an hour. Ok, duly noted the 12 hr thing.

And you got my vote, done. Yesterday :)

Stefanie December 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm

You have out done yourself this time. Those look great. I like to refrigerate my cookie dough for at least an hour. It seems to bake and taste better. Also, I tried your Snickerdoodle cookies and thought they were really good. Thank you! :-)

Rachel December 14, 2010 at 2:00 pm

If I made all the sweets you’ve been making lately I would be fat, Fat, FAT! Dunno how you can make cinnamon rolls, nanaimo bars, and like 6 different kinds of cookies in 1 month and not have gained anything! LOL
I must say, they all look delicious though.
I’m going to copy you and make the cinnamon rolls on Christmas for my fam! Mmmmmmm!!
Good luck in PFB!!

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life December 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm

oh. my.

I think I just died and went to cookie heaven.

I really need to get a mixer asap!

Courtney December 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I can’t wait to try these! The Jacques Torres cookies have been my go-to chocolate chip cookie for a year now, and like any good baker, I experimented with dough refrigerated for 12 hours, 24 hours, 36 hours and 72 hours. 72 hours produced the best result. It was tough work, but somehow I made my way through it. If you can resist the urge to eat the dough for that long, you should give it a shot!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Ive heard that 72 hours results in the best cookie with his recipe too! I found with this dough that I used, it got a bit dry after 2 days. Im sure I will experiment more in the future with it!

Charlie December 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Chocolate chip cookies, cookie dough and frosting.
I want these.
Now.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 14, 2010 at 2:18 pm

YUMMMM! I love…
1) your pink spoon
2) your cookie anatomy photos
3) the fact that this recipe contains pecans
… and now I really really want to do some baking!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm

cookie anatomy….lol!

Bridget December 14, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I would totally eat that raw cookie dough!!!

KaraHadley December 14, 2010 at 2:25 pm

So I have decided that this buttercream frosting sandwiched between your ultimate oatmeal raisin cookies would almost definitely be a healthy vegan remake of a childhood favorite of mine–little debby oatmeal creme sandwiches. yum!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm

oh wow i didnt even think about that….I used to eat those as a kid!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 14, 2010 at 2:28 pm

These.are.perfect.

Nicole December 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Oh dear. I had to laugh when I saw this- cookies, icing and cookie dough all in one! Yummm, but oh-so-crazy too!
I’ve got my figners crossed that you win project food blog! I voted too, but it will only let me vote once? Or maybe it automatically voted for you when I clicked the link?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm

yes you can only vote once…hehe..the heart will be RED when you have voted :) Hope this helps!

AllieNic @ Frisky Lemon December 14, 2010 at 2:31 pm

These look RIDICULOUS! SO good…man alive!

Stephanie December 14, 2010 at 2:44 pm

OH MY. GOODNESS.

Wow!!! Amazing!!! I can’t WAIT to try this!!!!

And I voted for you :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:35 am

thanks steph!

Katy @ A Healthy Shot December 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Wow. No words :)

Coconat December 14, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Ohmygosh, just died and went to heaven, I can’t wait to try and make these… so many cookie dough recipes… love!

Alana December 14, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. These look incredible! I was looking for a good cookie recipe to make for my boyfriend’s family and these will DEFINITELY make the cut!

Little Bookworm December 14, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I have never had a Cookie Sandwich, but the photos of yours look amazing, especially with the cookie dough in the middle as well! Fantastic recipe Angela. :)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman December 14, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I think you totally outdid yourself this time. I love the cookie dough addition in the middle. *swoon*

Helen December 14, 2010 at 4:30 pm

so funny–last weekend i made your dark chocolate peppermint cookies as a cookie sandwich modifying your buttercream with peppermint extract and sprinkled some crushed candy cane on the sides of the buttercream. delish! thanks for the inspiration. you’re awesome! i’ve been voting for your project food blog entries all along the way!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:35 am

thanks helen!

Alicia December 14, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Those look AMAZING, good luck in the final round, I hope you win! You’ve got my vote!

Katy (The Singing Runner) December 14, 2010 at 4:43 pm

O.m.g…. I think my heart skipped a beat!

Nicole December 14, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Ok blog reading when you’re hungry, not a good idea. I’m salivating like none other right now! These remind of a similar cookie sandwich they would sell at my high school in our “cookie corner,” brings back such good memories!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 14, 2010 at 4:51 pm

You had my vote right away!

Jamie @ Food in Real Life December 14, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Are you freakin serious?! This is the best idea ever. Raw cookie dough in the cookie sandwich?!?!

Vote CAST. Fingers Crossed. Drool wiped.

Good luck!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:34 am

haha here I was thinking I was insane for thinking it was a good idea. Glad I am not alone! im a bit of a cookie dough crazed fanatic though…

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:34 am

oh i meant to say thanks for your vote!

Laura @ Starloz December 14, 2010 at 6:30 pm

incredible

Melissa @ Vegan CacaoBee December 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm

WOW! I think that’s all there is to say. Oh, and that you are a genius! Good luck with the finals!!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 14, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I’m pretty sure you could put the entire cookie industry out of business with these. ;) I love how you found a way to incorporate cookie dough (the best part!) into it!

Trish December 14, 2010 at 8:08 pm

OMG! Shut up! I think I am in love.

Amy December 14, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I’ve been having a really down day and this post put a huge grin on my face. Thanks for sharing such an insanely incredibly yummy looking cookie recipe!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:33 am

hope you have a better day tomorrow!

stacey-healthylife December 14, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Those look fantastic, best of luck.

Rachel (tea and chocolate) December 14, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Must.make.these.cookies. You are a genius Angela!

ashley @ ashley's adventures in alaska December 14, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Fabulous! Two cookies at once, yummy icing in the middle… great idea!

Shanna, like Banana December 14, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Drooling!

And a late congrats on getting to the final phase! You are truly amazing and deserve to win!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 14, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Can I keep you?

I got my glo-bars in the mail today, and it made my day :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:33 am

sure! but i melt when in the rain

Krystina (Basil & Wine) December 14, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I would have NEVER thought to put cookie dough betwixt a cookie sandwich! How ingenious!! :D

Nikita December 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Angela, you seriously blow me away with your amazing creations! I just voted for you because you really deserve to win this. I can see that you have worked so hard and your ideas (for the project and your blog in general) bring joy and inspiration to me and so many others!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 12:32 am

you bring me joy! xo

Mrs. Muffins December 15, 2010 at 12:01 am

Oh my goodness. Those totally put my carob chip cookies to shame. I can’t wait to find out that you’ve won PFB!

xx

Pam landy December 15, 2010 at 12:16 am

I am basically drooling over here. I want one. Okay, who are we kidding I want the whole batch!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan December 15, 2010 at 12:21 am

This is INTENSE. I want one!!

Michelle December 15, 2010 at 1:22 am

Angela – you are a culinary GENIUS!! You just created the most amazing sounding cookie recipe ever! Am definitely going to have to try these…Good luck with the Project Food Blog Challenge!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 15, 2010 at 7:11 am

Just when I think it can’t get better, it does. I made you cookie dough balls 2 days ago and they are GONE (my sisters say thank you). These are just over the top! Can’t wait to make it!!! I may have to do some chocolate dough for the middle. :)

Erika December 15, 2010 at 9:27 am

Angela,

I voted for you for Project Food Blog! You definitely rank in the top 5 of my favorite food blogs. And I NEED to make all of these cookies stat. ;)

Fanta December 15, 2010 at 9:54 am

Wow those look amazing! As soon as I’m feeling better I’m making a batch :) Thanks for a great post.

Is it ok to use spelt flour in place of the whole wheat flour?

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo December 15, 2010 at 11:23 am

I voted! I hope you win…it would be amazing!

The cookies kind of remind me of oatmeal creme pies…only not. They look absolutely delicious!

Halley(Blunder Construction) December 15, 2010 at 12:18 pm

The cookie monster is somewhere smiling because you exist, and because you make cookie sandwiches like this! :)

Pure2raw twins December 15, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Oh my heavens!!! I love chocolate chip cookie sandwiches…I cannot wait to make this!!

Marcella December 15, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Could these be made without nuts? My boyfriend’s niece is allergic to nuts (as well as dairy and eggs) and I’m looking for some cookie recipes for her to enjoy during the holiday season. She’s 8, so these seemed perfect and fun–just without the nuts.

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Im not sure as I have not tried it without nuts. Might be worth a shot!

Mary (Sisters Running the Kitchen) December 15, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I cannot believe that no one else ever thought to sandwich COOKIE DOUGH between two cookies! After all, I sometimes have a hard time deciding if I like to eat the cookie dough or the actual cookie more. The last picture with the bite in the cookie makes my mouth water. hahaha

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2010 at 7:57 pm

haha I actually wish I had one right now!

Tiffany December 16, 2010 at 9:13 am

Oh my, I made these last night. I made half the batch as normal choc chip cookies (delicious!). For the other half I kept the processed nuts out, rolled the cookie dough into little balls, rolled in the nuts for a crispy coating, then stuck in the freezer. I then rolled the frozen balls in melted vegan chocolate. It is heaven on a stick.

My fiancee was so scared when I told him I was making vegan choc chip cookies. After one bite he said these are the best ones I’ve ever made!

Thanks for the tip on Bobs egg replacer. I had tried Ener G a couple of times but hated it and was scared by the chemicals, so I’ve been steering away from any egg replacers at all. Now my options are limitless!!

Can’t wait to go home and eat some chocolate frozen balls :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010 at 10:09 am

wow you are a genius!! That sounds incredible :)

Lara December 16, 2010 at 9:34 am

as far as the whole cookie sandwiches go, how many will this recipe yield? i’m excited to try them, they seem to die for…thank you for sharing!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 16, 2010 at 10:09 am

I’m not positive how many it yields, I would guess about 12 large sandwiches or 24 mini ones?

marla {family fresh cooking} December 16, 2010 at 11:42 pm

These cookie sandwiches sound like perfection – for reals. Wish I had ’em now :)

Laura December 17, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Angela, these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had… even better than ones I had before I went vegan. I made some into plain chocolate chip cookies and I made some of the sandwiches with the cream cheese icing. I gave my boyfriend one of the cookie sandwiches and after every bite all he could say is “mmm… these are sooo good,” “mmm… these are awesome!” Haha it was pretty funny listening to him eat one! Thanks for the recipe!

wendi December 21, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Could I use flax meal as a sub? Stupid question but I have no idea! And I have heard of vinegar and baking soda as a sub? Thoughts??

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 21, 2010 at 5:24 pm

im really not sure!

Ffion December 22, 2010 at 10:59 am

I’v never had cookie dough. I think this needs to be rectified asap!

Katie December 24, 2010 at 12:28 am

Made these – Sooo addicting. Too addicting. I preferred them solo though, because they seemed too rich as a sandwich. Could partially be because I used real butter.

Are you going to post the smores cake in a jar recipe?? I’m dying to make that one!

Rosa B. May 17, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I’ve made this recipe twice and both times the cookies turned out fantastic! Rather than use the icing and cookie dough for the filling, I found the icing to be sweet enough. I also had lots and lots of extra icing since we only made a few cookie sandwiches. Luckily, it keeps fairly well in the fridge.

I plan to make this one again and again… it’s a hit with everyone!

Hawley December 16, 2013 at 8:09 pm

These are legitimately the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made or had. Vegan or not! I’ve made them for people who can’t even say “vegan” properly, and for whom not eating meat is confusing enough… and they were blown away. They told me (without my prompting!) that they were the best chocolate chip cookies they’d ever had, too. Thank you, Angela! I’m a loyal reader and maker of your awesome recipes – and making these yet again now, for a cookie swap this time!