Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up

20101002-IMG_4043

Some of you have been asking for me to round-up my favourite Thanksgiving/holiday recipes in one spot and I thought that was a great idea given that Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

20101002-IMG_4054

Hopefully this will be of help for you as you plan your holiday meals this season.

20101002-IMG_4115

I will also include a link to this page at the top of my recipes page so you can find it whenever you need it!

20101002-IMG_4056

1) Itty Bitty Pumpkin Garlic Knots

20101021-IMG_7723

These rock my world.

[I now have a huge, huge craving for these.]

2) The most delicious gravy I have ever tasted (and it’s veeeeeegan!)

20100930-IMG_3718

All of our guests enjoyed this gravy!

20101002-IMG_8826

3) This Ain’t Grandmas Sweet Potato Casserole

20101002-IMG_4262

Sorry grandma, but this was the crowd favourite at my Thanksgiving dinner party in October! Wholesome yet incredibly delicious.

4) Holiday Soup For The Soul

20101116-IMG_0565

One of my all time favourite soup recipes. It is very filling too!

5) Maple Spiced Quinoa with Cranberries, Apricots, and Almonds

20101111-IMG_0330

Very festive, light, with a great crunch and array of flavours.

6) High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes

20100908IMG_2680

Healthy, high in protein, yet delicious. No one will know what ingredient is hiding in there!

7) Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad

20101103-IMG_9512

Mmmmmm. That is all. Mmmmm.

8.) Easy Maple Cranberry Sauce

20100930-IMG_3679 20100930-IMG_3711

This was my first time making cranberry sauce and I was surprised at how easy it was! It took me about 15 minutes start to finish and just a few ingredients. Recipe found on PDF in Luxury Dinner Party post above.

8b) Maple Baked Beans

IMG_1069_thumb

My favourite baked beans.

Appetizer

9) Spiced Bar Nuts

20100930-IMG_3767

Great with beer and the good ‘ol hockey game.

20100930-IMG_3768

Desserts!

10) Wedded Bliss Soft Ginger Cookies

20100929-IMG_3606

One of my favourite cookie recipes.

11) Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes

20101001-IMG_3867

and a variation in ‘pie’ shape…

12) Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Pie (PDF) from this post.

20101002-IMG_3991 20101002-IMG_3993

20101002-IMG_4025

This was the favourite dessert at my Thanksgiving party, adapted from the amazing Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

20101002-IMG_4091

20101002-IMG_4102

Need I say more?

20101002-IMG_8855

13) Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream

20101001-IMG_3969

This was also a crowd pleaser and it’s one of Eric’s all time fav desserts.

14) Pumpkin Butter Oat Squares with Candied Pecans

20101106-IMG_9820

15) Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

IMG_7928_thumb

Chocolate and peppermint is a dream wintery combo in my opinion!

Breakfast

It has been way too long since I made this breakfast pie.

16) Pumpkin Spice Lattes

23) Apple Streusel Butternut Blondies

20101101-IMG_9353

24) Energy Bites

20101112-IMG_0446

And there you have it!

20101002-IMG_4069

What are your favourite Thanksgiving or holiday recipes?

Also, does anyone have any holiday tea recommendations for me? I am looking to buy some holiday teas!

1 JenATX November 17, 2010

beautiful, simply beautiful :)
My favorite holiday recipe is my mother’s corn bread casserole. It is just so so good & reminds me of home.. besides that I LOVE pecan pie.. I wish we had bottomless pits for stomachs because I want to try all these recipes for thanksgiving, but I know everyone will flip if we take away the classics. So, if we have the classics + the new ones that seems like an incredible huge amount of food. Maybe we can do Thanksgiving Round Two on Friday?!

2 Liz Dietrich November 18, 2010

I made the Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes and they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Did a practice batch to see if I should bake for Thanksgiving next week. My family (who didn’t know they were vegan) liked how ‘clean’ they tasted. Maybe they aren’t use to such good, healthy ingredients. One of the best recipes I’ve tried in a long time!!

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

yay!

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

clean is a very interesting way to describe them…but I guess I would say most of the food I make tastes pretty clean (if by clean, they meant ‘real’ or wholesome, as opposed to fake tasting) :)

5 Jane November 17, 2010

If you can find trader joes candy cane peppermint tea, it is amazing!

6 Traci November 18, 2010

Agreed very yummy tea. Peppermint rocks :)

7 Paula November 18, 2010

I third that motion! I resisted getting it for a long time ‘cos I thought it would just be your typical peppermint tea (too bright and pepperminty!) but they had samples the other day and I was blown away by how yummy it was – the roasted chicory in it lends a depth and a richness – its more like eating a peppermint cookie than chewing on a piece of peppermint leaf :)

8 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 17, 2010

It all looks so good! I’m craving some ginger cookies.

And my mom says she loves you table setting. :)

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

tell your mom thank you ;)

10 Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen November 17, 2010

Those pumpkin garlic knots look to.die.forrrrrrrr!

11 Moni'sMeals November 17, 2010

AHHHHHmazing!
I have said it before and I will say it again…anyone who gets to celebrate with you or know you and gets to try your goods are the luckiest people alive!

My favorite recipe is My Pumpkin Soup with a special topping for Thanksgiving.

I wish I took more pics over the years like you but at least have started this last year. ;) Love the pics and recipes, thanks for sharing.

Big smile on the face!

12 OSGMOM November 18, 2010

We are very lucky :)

13 Kaitlyn (College Girl Runs) November 17, 2010

It all looks amazing! I can’t wait to try the blondie recipes this holiday season :) I seriously love your blog!

14 Tania November 17, 2010

Hey! Everything looks great! You’ve really outdone yourself this season. For holiday tea, I highly recommend Harney & Sons “Hot Cinnamon Spice”. It is naturally sweet and tastes like Christmas in a cup. http://www.harney.com/Hot-Cinnamon-Spice/products/225/

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

hope they ship to me!

16 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 17, 2010

As I scrolled down, I said, “I want to make that. And that. And that. And that”. Then I wore myself out and figured I’d just come have Thanksgiving with you guys (even though you are in Canada, you’ll have one again, right? Please.)

Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Green Tea warms my heart. And my throat.

17 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

you’re cooking right? bahaha

18 Melissa November 17, 2010

I am new to veganism, and still making the transition. Reading your blog has made it SO enjoyable. Everyday I look forward to see what you have whipped up. My boyfriend and I are now hooked on VOO and we just made the fruit and nut energy bites( so tasty!) I can’t wait to try all of your thanksgiving recipes and share them with my family!!

19 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

thanks! So glad you enjoy them

20 Katie November 17, 2010

I agree with the comment above – the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea is a year round favorite of mine. I got through 3-4 HUGE containers in the holiday season. Candy Can Lane is my second favorite – its decaf green tea…so good!

21 Alaina November 17, 2010

I love this! I can’t wait to use some of these recipes. Fall is my favorite time to cook and bake. My favorite Thanksgiving dish is my mom’s cranberry conserve and mashed potatoes. :-)

22 Emily November 17, 2010

Thank you thank you thank you! Seriously, you never cease to amaze me.
My favorite tea right now is Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice, it is delicious and easy to find.

23 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

that sounds great!

24 Cara Craves... November 17, 2010

You never cease to amaze me!
It all looks great…I just wouldn’t want to choose.
I am not celebrating Thanksgiving this upcoming week for
I am Canadian and am in Korea, but I still want to eat the food :)

25 Allison November 17, 2010

Please come stay with me:) i am willing to taste test anything and everything!!

Besides half of canada migrates to florida in the winter so you would only be doing what you’re supposed to do;);) And when you come please bring items 1-30 with you!

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

Eric said to me the other night, ‘Do you want to live in florida for 6 months of the year?’

I think we are getting old.

27 Shanna, like Banana November 17, 2010

So handy to have this post all in one — thanks =)

And yes, you are welcome in Cali anytime ;)

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

im packing my bag now!

29 Heather (Faces of Beauty) November 17, 2010

as amazing as this all sounds, i have to say the garlic knots are what’s calling my name. there are no words angela!

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

agreed!

31 Sarah D November 17, 2010

Can I just say how impressive this list of successes is! I loved looking down it and thinking of what a great experience this fall must have been with so many new recipes under your belt!

32 Rebecca November 18, 2010

Chai Tea would be nice and spicy for the festive season.
I love my Mums Christmas Pudding with Thick Custard.

33 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 18, 2010

I made your pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream, and it was one of the best things I have ever eaten.

I also made the pumpkin brownies, and I could not believe how nicely they turned out and how moist they were. Your recipes blow me away every time I make anything you have come up with!

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

thank you :) That makes me happy to hear

35 Kelsey H November 18, 2010

ditto about the pumpkin spiced gingerbread….i get chills just thinking about how amazing it was and im not a really good cook!

36 Charlie November 18, 2010

Kind of funny that you’re talking about holiday recipes since I just made christmas cookies tonight! For thanksgiving, I do love the usual pumpkin pie ;). But I’ve never really celebrated thanksgiving…

As for holiday tea, I love Joy from Starbucks.

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

Do you freeze your cookies?

38 Casey Thomas November 18, 2010

Oh my Angela, these all look incredible!

It’s a stinking hot 37 degrees Celsius where I am so come on over and I’ll be your taste tester!

39 Ellie November 18, 2010

hi Angela!! wowww thank you for this! hahaha they’re all the ones that I’ve been wanting to make!! :PPPP I don’t know if you have coffeebean&tealeaf in Canada, but I really recommend the winter spice (?) blend! or something like that. It’s really good and it reeeeallly does have a spicy tinge to it!

40 Helen November 18, 2010

i agree, the cb+tl winter dream tea is so good!!

41 Dee November 18, 2010

Oh.Em.Gee! Seriously though. OMG. *wipes drool off computer screen* Everything looks SOOOO good!

42 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher November 18, 2010

i CAN’T take it, angela! greedy overload!!
whoa.
whoa.
whoa.
ahhh.

43 Alex November 18, 2010

oh my goooosh! i’m cooking for three and can’t decide! I’m guessing I’m going to be loggin in a couple more miles this week haha.

44 Rachel November 18, 2010

This post reminds me- PLEASE upload the s’mores cake in a jar recipe! I made the apple streusel and it was good….but the s’mores REALLY caught my eye! mmmm!

Not sure on a brand name here but my favorite tea from my favorite cafe is caramelized pear tea! Great for the holiday season ;-)

45 Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat November 18, 2010

I am so overwhelmed with these options! How do I choose? If I make them all, I’ll have to start cooking NOW!

46 Little Aspects November 18, 2010

Oooh, me, I’ll be your taste-tester! We’ll be hitting the high 20C range next week (probably even in the 30s!) so you can enjoy warm weather and I’ll enjoy yummy vegan baking ;-)

Having said that, I would like a white Christmas at some stage – it’s funny that we associate Christmas with summer and hot weather and the beach and you guys are all about being warm and cozy in the freezing weather! So, my holiday recipes are various salads and fruity things for cooling down (mango and stonefruit season has now arrived!) rather than the hearty and warming fare you northerners get to enjoy for Christmas :)

47 Shelby November 18, 2010

You are seriously amazing!!!!! All of it looks so delicious!!!!

48 Wei-Wei November 18, 2010

You blow my mind – I’ve read all these posts in the past few months and it amazes me how creative and delicious they ALL look!

49 SellWoWAccount November 18, 2010

Great shots for those awesome foods! You’ve given them more life :D They really look so delicious. Can I be your taste tester? We don’t have cold Christmas here in our place. It’ll be a great pleasure to taste those. Yummm!!!

Sell WoW Account

50 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

Sure!

51 Anni November 18, 2010

I have one word for you Angela: AMAZING.
I’m kicking myself for living in Northern Europe where pumpkin is practically non-existant (as are Earth Balance & Almond milk, except the homemade kind). And its cold too, so my chances of becoming your taste tester are rather slim. But I can always try to adapt your recipes, and for those that I can’t – I can still enjoy your beautiful pictures!!!

52 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 18, 2010

Omg the time invested in this post. No wait. In ALL of the RECIPES! The photography…all of it.

As a blogger, cook, photographer….we all wear all hats. But you, you my dear, well all of them VERY WELL!

Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes – have seen a few girls make them and i thought i wanted to make those. But then i just saw the entire roundup of desserts and honestly am in drool overload. It’s overused in the sphere to say things look good. But seriously, Angela, your food just looks….SO GOOD. I mean amazing :)

53 Keri November 18, 2010

Oh my gosh, you are amazing. I am in charge of dessert this year and I would love to make one of these. I’m just nervous that they won’t come out as good as your did!

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

I would suggest the pumpkin pecan pie brownie…it was the fav!

55 Liana @ femme fraiche November 18, 2010

Now that it’s 6:24am and I’m starving for breakfast, lunch, dinner and gravy…

That’s the one thing I love most about fall, the cinnamon and pumpkin spices. They make every dish better, salty or sweet. The garlic pumpkin knots are identical to garlic “bowties” that bakery by our house has sold since I was a little girl. I actually worked at said bakery myself and had the honour of partaking in the magic of those bad boys. I’ve been eating apples uncooked with cinnamon sprinkled on and it hasn’t quite being doing it for me, so now I know how to fix it! Great roundup!

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

there is something magical about bread making!

57 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 18, 2010

I want EVERY recipe at my Thanksgiving table!

58 saffity November 18, 2010

These all look fantastic! I’m slowly working my way through all your recipes and they’re all delicious!

As far as favourite holiday dishes go, for Thanksgiving it’s pumpkin pie and stuffing, for 9hristmas it’s definitely my Gramma’s shortbread cookies and oatmeal cookies with date jam.

This is our first Christmas without Gramma, but I’m hoping I can do her recipes justice.

My favourite holiday tea you can’t get anymore. It was a limited time Christmas blend. But second favourite would have to be a nice chai latte from teaopia.

59 stacey-healthylife November 18, 2010

Those make me hungry also. They all look so fantastic.

60 Lauren November 18, 2010

Can I please come to your Thanksgiving? :)

61 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 18, 2010

I was already planning on making those pumpkin oat bars, but now I’m going to make the cranberries and the gravy too! Thanks!

62 Aleesha November 18, 2010

Wow, thanks for all of the ideas! I might have to alter my Thanksgiving menu to add in your high-protein mashed potatoes and gingerbread… :)

63 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad November 18, 2010

wow! So many Thanksgiving ideas in one post! My favorite tea right now is Kalahari Cafe ChocoLAtte Green Tea. The black tea is good too! In fact, all the flavors are pretty amazing.

64 Tiffany S November 18, 2010

I made the pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream a little while ago and it was sooo delicious. Everyone should make it!

65 Rachel November 18, 2010

Here I sat wondering what in the world I was going to take to my famliy get together next week. A room filled with meat eating, won’t go near a veggie unless it were the end of the world hillbillies, I knew I was on my own to bring dinner for my boyfriend and I. I thought, let me see what Angela has, and bam. This beauty of a post pops up! You are a life-saver! If only I had time to make them all!

66 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

glad I could help!

67 Caroline November 18, 2010

I am loving the Twinings – Winter Spice Tea. It is so delicious and has apple, cinnamon, and cardamom tones. So tasty!

68 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 18, 2010

Oh this is wonderful!! I already know I’m making the sweet potato casserole for my aunt’s Thanksgiving gathering, but now I have great ideas for dessert and her hostess gift as well!! Thank you!

69 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman November 18, 2010

This is an amazing roundup. And now I’m craving not only that sweet potato casserole but 15 different desserts and your hearty soup.

70 Meredith November 18, 2010

It all looks amazing — but you left out your butternut apple casserole I served with Thanksgiving dinner! It’s awesome too. Highly Recommended.

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010
72 Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 18, 2010

Thanks for the recipe roundup! It’s very helpful since I need to start planning what I’m making. Everything looks great, I can’t wait to make some of these next week!

73 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 18, 2010

I can certainly attest to all of the recipes included in your PFB vegan Thanksgiving menu being wonderful, especially the high-protein mashed potoatos and the pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream!! One of my recent favourites for fall is Turkey and Wild Rice Soup (http://eatspinrunrepeat.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/turkey-and-wild-rice-soup/) – a great way to use up leftover turkey bits! Oh, and Root Vegetable Stew (http://eatspinrunrepeat.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/root-vegetable-stew/) which can easily be made vegan with chickpeas.

74 Annie November 18, 2010

I’ve done a practice run of your Vegan Fluffy White Dinner Rolls and your Sweet Potato Casserole. Both amazing recipes! They will be making their debut at my Thanksgiving table. I also used to love my mom’s broccoli casserole at Thanksgiving but haven’t had it since I went vegan a year ago. But I was able to veganize it and therefore it will also be served at Thanksgiving.

As for the tea, I have to say go with Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon & Spice. Anything they make is incredible.

75 Liza November 18, 2010

I am SO hungry now. Like, I want it to be Thanksgiving today and I want to suddenly be the one doing all of the cooking so that I can make all of these recipes.

76 Meredith November 18, 2010

Hi Angela-
Just wanted to share a delish vegan fall recipe I created. Even my meat-loving husband adores it and I plan to make it with Thanksgiving dinner this year. I hope you get the chance to make it. The keys are to use a hearty flavorful rice blend base and to use FRESH rosemary.

Wild Rice Salad with Rosemary Vinaigrette

1.5 cups Texmati-Wild Rice blend (uncooked) – I use RiceSelect Royal Blend.
3 stalks celery, finely diced
½ large red onion, finely diced
1 cup red grapes, halved
1 cup pitted dates, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup slivered almonds
Juice of 1 lemon
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil

Cook rice, allow to cool a little. Combine all ingredients.
Serve room temperature or refrigerate.

77 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

thanks for sharing, this sounds great!

78 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 18, 2010

This post is making me sad that Canadian Thanksgiving is long over! I think I need to start celebrating American Thanksgiving too. ;)

My favourite Thanksgiving recipe is my mom’s pumpkin pie. I look forward to it every year!

79 Tiffany November 18, 2010

Why must you do this to me Angela?!?! Everything looks amazing and there is drool all over our keyboard now. I am trying to take a break from baking until I have to do Christmas baking, because I know I will be eating a lot of that. Now you make me want to get baking! It is so fun! Great photography too!!! :)

80 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

you want to take a break from baking??? The horrors! hahah
jk ;p

81 Angela B. November 18, 2010

Angela,

How did you have time to make all that delicious food? I just kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling looking at all the beautiful pictures. I, too, love your table setting – I’m SO going to copy you! I’m trying to start cooking healthier using your site as some others who seem to use/know you too. You’ve all been really helpful. Thank you for sharing and teaching us how to live healthier and richer lives.

82 Angela B. November 18, 2010

PS – i was wondering what kind of camera you used for your photography?

83 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

I have a Canon 30D with a canon 50 mm 1.4 macro lens :)

84 Jessica November 18, 2010

I’m getting excited for Thanksgiving and will be including a few of your recipes for sure! My favorite holiday teas are Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane (a minty, sweet decaf green tea); The Republic of Tea Maple Pecan (a black tea w/ a warm nutty flavor); and Stash Chocolate Mint Oolong. Hope you find some you like!

85 Hilary November 18, 2010

Angela – I am quite the tea snob. I am obsessed with all David’s tea in particular – they are fun, I think that you would like them. They also have seasonal flavours (Pumpkin Chai in the fall was amazing, Chili Chocolate Chai right now is divine). I would definitely go there if I were you and treat yourself (davidstea.com). I also just recently ordered tea from a website called teaoh.com because an article in Toronto Life on the top 12 teas in the city (http://www.torontolife.com/daily/daily-dish/from-the-print-edition-daily-dish/2010/10/27/toronto’s-top-teas-a-mini-guide-to-the-city’s-12-most-beautiful-fragrant-and-tasty-infusions/) . Please let me know what you try! Especially if you go to David’s … there are so many unbelievable teas that I could not even begin recommendations …

86 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

i think I am finally going to bite the bullet and order some of David’s teas!!!! Ive heard so many great things about it. Any holiday flavours you like?

87 Amari @ Eat Chic November 18, 2010

You sure know how to get Americans excited for Thanksgiving! I am drooling at the thought of all of these delicious recipes! Can’t wait to try some of them out!

88 Amber K November 18, 2010

I don’t like traditional Thanksgiving foods, so I don’t have any favorites. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving used to be the soft, chewy rolls, but now that I have to be gluten-free? I have no idea what I’ll be eating!

89 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 18, 2010

At first I thought you were listing your favorite recipes for your ideal thanksgiving dinner… and I noticed you had about 10 different desserts listed. I was thinking, yeah, that’s my ideal Thanksgiving too ;)

90 Misty November 18, 2010

Firstly, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love your website and look forward to checking it every monring when I arrive at work. Please consider a cookbook in the near future! I would buy it for everyone I know.
Now, as for holiday tea’s….I was recently in peterborough (I live in cottage country) and discovered David’s Tea. I was so pleased with my experience there and the fact that you could purchase any number of grams (which for me was great cost wise, because I would hate it if I bought a lot and didn’t like the tea). I’d rather have the option of tasting them then ordering more online if I loved them. Anyways. Check out the website, they have a tone of holiday tea’s! I also highly recommend David’s Forever Almonds, very yummy!!!

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

thanks so much! :)

I have heard the almond tea is fabulous…I think I would love it

92 Misty November 18, 2010

4 ripe tomatoes (chopped)
1 ripe avocado (chopped)
Half a red onion (chopped)
2 tbsp. of evoo
Juice of 1 lime
Fresh black pepper
Handful of cilantro
And half a cup of feta cheese.
(These amounts may vary depending on what you like…I added more avocado)
Served with lime tortilla chips.

93 Misty November 18, 2010

….this was a avocado salsa a friend made for me this weekend that I thought you would love! TRY IT!!! :)

94 Carrie S. November 18, 2010

I’m making your Pumpkin Gingerbread w/ Spiced Buttercream. I made it last week and my hubby (who can’t have eggs, soy, or dairy) proclaimed it “the best thing you’ve ever made”, so at his request another loaf is accompanying us to our family Thanksgiving so he can have dessert. Thanks for the amazing recipe Angela!

95 LisaG November 18, 2010

My daughter and I still love the sugar cookie sleigh ride tea from Celestial seasonings. I still love my mothers dressing, sweet potatoe soufle, greenbeans, smoked turkey, pumpkin pie, etc. traditional stuff.

96 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather November 18, 2010

Angela you have so many delicious looking recipes! Yeah you were right, looking at all those goodies made me hungry :) I love my brussel sprouts and pomegrante dish (http://www.healthywithheather.com/?p=3804) – bacon warning :)

97 Melissa November 18, 2010

I don’t know what to say..it all looks so amazing!!
I think that pumpkin pecan brownie pie is going to be made this weekend..yum!!

98 Marty November 18, 2010

A visual feast to be sure! I want everything. I just purchased some Pumpkin Ginger Tea from The Republic of Tea and it is a really nice fall tea. Black tea with pumpkin pie spices, nice ginger flavor but not overpowering and it smells wonderful. Plus, I am a sucker for The Republic of Tea because I love the tins they use for packaging.

99 Morgan @ Life After Bagels November 18, 2010

as I continued to scroll through this post it was almost too good I had to look away . . . I just kept drooling and thinking “Angela, stop STOP there can’t be much more, it’s toooooo delicious” hahaha

PS – Brad has his whole office crushing on Sketchie

100 Jessica M November 18, 2010

I like the Celestial Seasonings Nutcracker tea. It’s one of their holiday teas- its Nutcrakcer…something or other. Haha. It’s yummy.

101 Jessica M November 18, 2010

And I am totally making some of these for Thanksgiving!!

102 Jessica M November 18, 2010

And I am totally making some of these for Thanksgiving!!

103 janet November 18, 2010

This is such a delicious round-up of fall flavours. I have my eye on a few of the recipes! :)

For tea, I love the Winter Blend from tealish in Toronto. Yum!

104 Paula November 18, 2010

Cornbread stuffing was always my fav at the Thanksgiving table! My mom sautees tons of onion and celery in tons of butter (how could it not be good!) but I recently found out I’m allergic to dairy so this year the veg will have to be sauteed in earth balance! I’m sure it will be just as awesome. Also, I have to de-dairy the pumpkin pie – this will be my first time amending my perfect pumpkin pie recipe – again, earth balance instead of butter for the crust, and coconut milk instead of evaporated milk. I’m really interested to see how it turns out!

As for holiday teas, I’m totally diggin’ all the Republic of Tea holiday flavors:
So good!

105 Erin November 18, 2010

Wow – what a spread! These recipes will be great to have on hand for Christmas too. I wish I had more time to cook and bake this year but I’m taking my fitness instructor certification right now and the day after my written exam, I head to Montreal for 10 days to be with my sister when she has her new baby – yay! I still love to see your photos and dream about making all these amazingly tasty treats :)

106 Jess November 18, 2010

Thank you for this post. I am in desperate need of some new twists on old favorites for Thanksgiving this year. And your recipes are always so tasty and healthy, now I’m really excited to get in the kitchen!

107 Kathryn November 18, 2010

Such amazing stuff. My husband has been talking ALL WEEK LONG about garlic knots. By the time we get home in the evening it is too late to make them but he really doesn’t understand that.

The pumpkin pie brownies are insane. They make me so happy. I can’t even talk about the ginger bread with spiced frosting. I’ll die if I do, die of happiness.

108 Kelsey H November 18, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. but now it’s gonna take like 3 thanksgivings for me to work my way through it! Oh well im up for giving thanks every day:) oh and one of my fave thanksgiving dishes is roasted sweet and spicy brussel sprouts (got from rachael ray’s big orange book). let me tell you they were amazing!

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

mm that sounds fabulous!

110 Hope November 18, 2010

Angela, you Eric and sketchie should totally escape the cold and come to New Zealand for the summer! I promise I will be the best taste tester, it’s a hard job but some one has to do it! Lol

111 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

done!

112 Kelsey November 18, 2010

Seeing all of these recipes makes me really excited to go home for Thanksgiving break and make all of them!

113 lyonden62 November 18, 2010

Hey Angela – I can’t find the recipe for your delicious vegan gravy in any of your recipe categories, can you please tell me where to find it? Obviously I need this yummy addition for Thanksgiving! Also, I clicked on the highlighted name of it and it took me to another one of your beautiful posts, but, alas… no recipe. Thanks!

114 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

it is located in the PDF file in that post that I linked to:)

115 lyonden62 November 20, 2010

Oh thank you so much!!! You are wonderful!

116 Gina November 18, 2010

Come stay with me! NYC is unusually warm for this time of year :)
Then we can head down to Florida to stay with my family for the holidays & lay by the pool! Haha.

Thanks for rounding these up! I already had the sweet potato casserole, high protein mashed potatoes and pumpkin gingerbread on my list, but now I’m adding more!

117 Cristy November 18, 2010

Ok, I have the hugest girl-crush on you right now! Your blog has totally inspired my holiday gift-giving this year (energy bars and brownie-mix-in-a-jar) and also what I will be making for my holiday dinner to take, while everyone else is gorging themselves on non-vegan food, I’ll be making them all jealous with some of your recipes. Seriously, thank you! You saved me from another holiday of veggie burgers and noodles. :)

And your photos are amazing! I love how you document the steps of the recipes (which is where I usually mess them up, so it’s great to have a guide!).

/embarrassing outburst.

118 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

haha u are cute! Glad you like them. I agree veggie burgers can get a bit dull

119 Allison @ Food for Healing November 18, 2010

the gravy looks like butterscotch pudding!

120 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) November 18, 2010

OMG Ange! Your table scape is SO PRETTY! You’ve got some skillz lady :D Mind if I copy ? ;)

121 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

go for it!

122 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 18, 2010

Its not really a good idea to read your blog while hungry. hehe. I love your recipes and photos, can’t say it enough! beautiful!!

123 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

its like grocery shopping when hungry! haha

124 Amy @ purewellnessamy November 18, 2010

What an amazingly helpful post! Thank you so much! I definitely have my eye on the Holiday Soup (for dinner tonight) as well as the cranberry sauce and a dessert or two for Thanksgiving. I was also thinking about the sweet potato and greens dish you made…I forget what it’s called, but it’s stuck with me since I read about it!

125 Melanie November 18, 2010

WOW everything on this page looks incredible!

As for teas, I drink A LOT of tea & my favorite ones around the holidays are peppermint or vanilla chai (Bigelow). Vanilla chai soy lattes are the best.

126 Nicole November 18, 2010

Angela- I made your Pumpkin Gingerbread for a work Thanksgiving party and let me tell you–A-MAZ-ING. The only thing I did different was I made a spiced cream cheese frosting instead of the butter cream but it was awesome…moist, chewy, flavorful. Awesome. I love this post bc it highlights everything in one and I’m drooling over it all!!

As far as a holiday tea- if you don’t mind tea bags (I have a loose leaf fetish myself) Celestial Seasonings has a holiday tea selection and my favorite is the Nutcracker Sweet black tea. It has vanilla extract and cinnamon flavors in it. It’s really yummy all on it’s own. Hope you like it!

127 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 18, 2010

haha I could feed an army with all of those recipes! And I hope that army has a sweet tooth:)

I’m debating between your quinoa and your chickpea sweet potato recipes for my dish!

128 Laurab @ foodsnobstl November 18, 2010

Love this list! You should really have a cookbook published. I would buy it in a heartbeat. As for tea, I really like Republic of Tea Comfort and Joy. It is very festive.

129 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 18, 2010

Oh my, I’m drooling!! I remember trying your vegan pumpkin pie at last year’s dinner and everyone loved it!

130 Heather November 18, 2010

everything looks so awesome! your pictures came out great!

131 bitt November 18, 2010

My printer is going crazy! I’ve wanted to make almost all of these and the holidays are a good excuse to put some into motion.

My favorite tea is rooibos chai. With extra spices and almond milk.

132 Roz November 18, 2010

Your photos as always are stellar!!! And now that I’ve read this….I’m officially hungry!!!!

133 Jen November 18, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness. I’m going to the store as soon as possible. Of course, I’ll naturally have to be the first to sample everything….it’s just what you do when you cook. You sample, and if something’s really good, you tell your family its not and eat all of it by youself. Or something like that.

134 Jen November 18, 2010

Oh! and before I forget, I live in Brazil. Its summer now. 100 degree weather. You all could move here, I’d be your translator and your taste tester!

135 Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy November 18, 2010

This is my first time reading your blog. Your photos are so pretty and all this food looks amazing!! I always thought vegan food was weird or gross…up until a couple of months ago. All of these things look like something I could make and have everyone just devour and not think of it as something “vegan.” I’m going to a family Thanksgiving this year but hopefully I will have an excuse to make a big, healthy meal one day :)

136 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 20, 2010

I used to think vegan was gross too believe it or not! haha

137 tina November 18, 2010

on holiday teas:
i love the Celestial Seasonings sugar plum fairy one (herbal) – it’s so good just as it is, it doesn’t need sweetener. i also like their nutcracker suite one (flavored black tea), it smells absolutely incredible, but i do sweeten this one. [the gingerbread one i thought was awful, but i am biased now, as i have found the world’s best ginger tea, and all other teas with ginger are just ruined now. the sugercookie one was kinda bland. the green candy cane one was in the middle, good, but not as outstanding as the other 2]
If you want that perfect ginger tea, go online and get ginger tea from herbal tea center.

138 Annie@stronghealthyfit November 18, 2010

Your recipes are SO impressive!

139 Kim November 18, 2010

OMG the choices! It is going to be hard to pick which ones to make, but they all look amazing.

It is currently snowing and 30F here in Southern Oregon. :( I am just glad for wood heat, it warms me to the bone. :)

For tea I get mine from http://www.teaman.etsy.com He has the best tasting teas. Right now I am hooked on Vanilla Rooibos and the Peach Pom Green tea. He has lots of different flavors I am excited to try his new gingerbread tea. Yum!

140 Kelly Michelle November 18, 2010

I’m in Miami, come be my personal chef!!

141 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life November 18, 2010

This whole post is incredible! It’s not warm here, but I’m sure it’s warmer than where you are…so you can TOTALLY come and stay with me ANYTIME! ;)

142 Melissa @ I Never Imagined November 18, 2010

I have no words! Seeing these all in one post, it’s amazing! I’m in awe! You go, girl!! :)

143 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 18, 2010

Food overload! I want to try it all! :)

But the Maple Spiced Quinoa with Cranberries, Apricots, and Almonds caught my eye! :)

144 salah@myhealthiestlifestyle November 19, 2010

I want to make that breakfast pizza sooooo bad!! I think you are pretty covered in the recipe area :-) haha….I always go to teavanna for my teas, such a HUGE selection!

145 Ashley November 19, 2010

I almost ate my computer those pictures look so amazing. So much deliciousness on one page can’t be legal, can it?

146 Gabby November 19, 2010

You weren’t joking about the “it will make you hungry” part! I was drooling the entire time. It all looks phenominal. This year some of my friends are organizing the 2nd annual Kegsgiving for those that won’t be able to go back to their families for Thanksgiving.
I am vegetarian and in charge of the apple crumble but I think I will surprise them all and make a modified version of apple crumble from your recipes.
Thanks!

P.S I’m from Montreal, Canada but now live in Los Angeles, CA and we definitely have a warm fall/winter so far! Come down and visit haha!

147 Lauren M. November 19, 2010

I wish you were close to a Trader Joe’s because they have a lovely cinnamon vanilla black tea. I’ve been enjoying it every day with a splash of almond milk! Deeeelighful!

148 Stacey @770sportshop November 19, 2010

Oh lord!!!!!! I kept scrolling down thinking “ok next one I’m sure I won’t like”! Angela these are all great, thank you for taking the time to share this!

149 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 20, 2010

hahah this made me laugh!

150 Janelle November 19, 2010

My absolutely favourite tea is called “Good Earth” tea. Available with and without caffeine. Naturally on the sweeter side, DELICIOUS iced too.

151 DessertForTwo November 19, 2010

Wow! Ok, I found your site because someone at the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival in SF was talking about you. I love your site! Your desserts are delicious, unique and impressive :)

152 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 19, 2010

congratulations on the Reader’s Choice for Project Food Blog this week!!

153 Melissa November 19, 2010

Congrats, Angela!! I am so excited for you!! Remember, you deserve this!!

154 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble November 19, 2010

What a beautiful Thanksgiving spread! What lucky guest you had! ;-)

155 Allie (Nutty FlexitALLIEan) November 19, 2010

oh my gosh you weren’t kidding about those pics- I’m starving now!

156 KatieM~Run For The Bikini! November 19, 2010

Sooo many of these that I want to try! I’ve been meaning to make the apple chips, I’m going for it this weekend :D

157 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) November 19, 2010

Ange – this post is simply out of control! Especially the desserts – I want to try every single one of them. Thanks for doing the round up!

158 Pam landy November 20, 2010

If you promise to cook for me you can come live with me on mission bay front in San Diego for hte winter!!! The weather is still pretty nice these days.

159 Pam landy November 20, 2010

the* I can’t type tonight!

160 sara (busy vegan mama) November 20, 2010

i’ll definitely be making that sweet potato casserole on thanksgiving. and i’ve got to try those pumpkin garlic knots, too!

161 Laura November 20, 2010

Hello,
i have two questions about the soft ginger cookies which I’ve made several times and love. Does anyone have a brand of ginger to recommend? They seem to vary wildly in intensity. Also, there used to be two version of this recipe and I was using the one not in your wedding post can you put both in the recipe archives? Thank you and this blog is the best cooking instruction I’ve ever had!

162 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 20, 2010

Hi there!

I dont have a brand of ginger to suggest but I think this is the post you are looking for :)

163 Maxine November 20, 2010

WOW!!!! I am a long time reader but I’ve never commented, I had to de-lurk for this one. Yummy is all I have to say every. single. picture had me salivating. Every time I would scroll down I would say OMG I have to make that. I am amazed by you and your culinary skills cause Lord knows I have none.

Congrats on the foodbuzz readers choice!!!!(I voted for you)

164 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 22, 2010

thanks!!

165 Heather November 20, 2010

Oh my gosh, Angela, best post ever! I started opening the individual recipes in new tabs to review, but then I realized I was doing it for every one and the list kept going…so I’m going to review it later because if I keep reading, I’ll be late for a Thanksgiving meal I’m about to have with new friends in Australia.

As always, photos made me drool….so ready for that meal now! <3

166 Heidi - Apples Under My Bed November 22, 2010

Stop, stop! It is too much! Ok don’t stop, seriously this is amazing. I have clicked on so many links and cannot wait to make them! HUGE grin on my face – excitement. Thanks lovely.
Heidi xo

167 Kristen November 23, 2010

Hello Angela,

I would really like to make the vegan gravy and the cranberry sauce for a vegan Thanksgiving potluck, they look so delicious, but when I click on the link it leads me to another post.
I don’t see the recipes anywhere, could you post them or let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Thank you!!

168 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 25, 2010

they are in an attached PDF in the original post. hope this helps!

169 Lori November 24, 2010

You are incredible! Wonder woman? Um, I think more than that! Geez, what an amazing post of foods! You have so much talent: culinary talent, photography talent, and just an amazing person. I’m definitely using some of these recipes- I KNEW I could come to your blog to find just what I was looking for… besides inspiration.

And you did so much work on this! Thank you for providing the recipes too!

170 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 25, 2010

aww thanks!! xo

171 Kim November 25, 2010

Hi Angela! I love your blog!!

I made “This Ain’t your Grandmother’s Sweet Potato Casserole” for my Thanksgiving and my family LOVED it! They were amazed how good it was (even without the traditional marshmallows!) and it was my mom’s favorite dish for the day!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Kim

172 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 25, 2010

so happy to hear this!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!