Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up

20101002IMG 4043 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Some of you have been asking for me to round-up my favourite Thanksgiving/holiday recipes in one spot and I thought that was a great idea given that Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

20101002IMG 4054 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Hopefully this will be of help for you as you plan your holiday meals this season.

20101002IMG 4115 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

I will also include a link to this page at the top of my recipes page so you can find it whenever you need it!

20101002IMG 4056 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

1) Itty Bitty Pumpkin Garlic Knots

20101021IMG 7723 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

These rock my world.

[I now have a huge, huge craving for these.]

2) The most delicious gravy I have ever tasted (and it’s veeeeeegan!)

20100930IMG 3718 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

All of our guests enjoyed this gravy!

20101002IMG 8826 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

3) This Ain’t Grandmas Sweet Potato Casserole

20101002IMG 4262 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Sorry grandma, but this was the crowd favourite at my Thanksgiving dinner party in October! Wholesome yet incredibly delicious.

4) Holiday Soup For The Soul

20101116IMG 0565 thumb1   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

One of my all time favourite soup recipes. It is very filling too!

5) Maple Spiced Quinoa with Cranberries, Apricots, and Almonds

20101111IMG 0330 thumb1   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Very festive, light, with a great crunch and array of flavours.

6) High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes

20100908IMG 2680 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Healthy, high in protein, yet delicious. No one will know what ingredient is hiding in there!

7) Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad

20101103IMG 9512 thumb1   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Mmmmmm. That is all. Mmmmm.

8.) Easy Maple Cranberry Sauce

20100930IMG 3679 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up 20100930IMG 3711 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

This was my first time making cranberry sauce and I was surprised at how easy it was! It took me about 15 minutes start to finish and just a few ingredients. Recipe found on PDF in Luxury Dinner Party post above.

8b) Maple Baked Beans

IMG 1069 thumb thumb1   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

My favourite baked beans.

Appetizer

9) Spiced Bar Nuts

20100930IMG 3767 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Great with beer and the good ‘ol hockey game.

20100930IMG 3768 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Desserts!

10) Wedded Bliss Soft Ginger Cookies

20100929IMG 3606 thumb1   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

One of my favourite cookie recipes.

11) Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes

20101001IMG 3867 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

and a variation in ‘pie’ shape…

12) Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Pie (PDF) from this post.

20101002IMG 3991 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up 20101002IMG 3993 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

20101002IMG 4025 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

This was the favourite dessert at my Thanksgiving party, adapted from the amazing Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

20101002IMG 4091 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

20101002IMG 4102 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Need I say more?

20101002IMG 8855 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

13) Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream

20101001IMG 3969 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

This was also a crowd pleaser and it’s one of Eric’s all time fav desserts.

14) Pumpkin Butter Oat Squares with Candied Pecans

20101106IMG 9820 thumb1   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

15) Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

IMG 7928 thumb thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

Chocolate and peppermint is a dream wintery combo in my opinion!

Breakfast

It has been way too long since I made this breakfast pie.

16) Pumpkin Spice Lattes

23) Apple Streusel Butternut Blondies

20101101IMG 9353 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

24) Energy Bites

20101112IMG 0446 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

And there you have it!

20101002IMG 4069 thumb   Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

What are your favourite Thanksgiving or holiday recipes?

Also, does anyone have any holiday tea recommendations for me? I am looking to buy some holiday teas!

JenATX November 17, 2010

beautiful, simply beautiful :)
My favorite holiday recipe is my mother’s corn bread casserole. It is just so so good & reminds me of home.. besides that I LOVE pecan pie.. I wish we had bottomless pits for stomachs because I want to try all these recipes for thanksgiving, but I know everyone will flip if we take away the classics. So, if we have the classics + the new ones that seems like an incredible huge amount of food. Maybe we can do Thanksgiving Round Two on Friday?!

Liz Dietrich November 18, 2010

I made the Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes and they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Did a practice batch to see if I should bake for Thanksgiving next week. My family (who didn’t know they were vegan) liked how ‘clean’ they tasted. Maybe they aren’t use to such good, healthy ingredients. One of the best recipes I’ve tried in a long time!!

yay!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

clean is a very interesting way to describe them…but I guess I would say most of the food I make tastes pretty clean (if by clean, they meant ‘real’ or wholesome, as opposed to fake tasting) :)

Jane November 17, 2010

If you can find trader joes candy cane peppermint tea, it is amazing!

Traci November 18, 2010

Agreed very yummy tea. Peppermint rocks :)

Paula November 18, 2010

I third that motion! I resisted getting it for a long time ‘cos I thought it would just be your typical peppermint tea (too bright and pepperminty!) but they had samples the other day and I was blown away by how yummy it was – the roasted chicory in it lends a depth and a richness – its more like eating a peppermint cookie than chewing on a piece of peppermint leaf :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 17, 2010

It all looks so good! I’m craving some ginger cookies.

And my mom says she loves you table setting. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

tell your mom thank you ;)

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen November 17, 2010

Those pumpkin garlic knots look to.die.forrrrrrrr!

Moni'sMeals November 17, 2010

AHHHHHmazing!
I have said it before and I will say it again…anyone who gets to celebrate with you or know you and gets to try your goods are the luckiest people alive!

My favorite recipe is My Pumpkin Soup with a special topping for Thanksgiving.

I wish I took more pics over the years like you but at least have started this last year. ;) Love the pics and recipes, thanks for sharing.

Big smile on the face!

OSGMOM November 18, 2010

We are very lucky :)

Kaitlyn (College Girl Runs) November 17, 2010

It all looks amazing! I can’t wait to try the blondie recipes this holiday season :) I seriously love your blog!

Tania November 17, 2010

Hey! Everything looks great! You’ve really outdone yourself this season. For holiday tea, I highly recommend Harney & Sons “Hot Cinnamon Spice”. It is naturally sweet and tastes like Christmas in a cup. http://www.harney.com/Hot-Cinnamon-Spice/products/225/

hope they ship to me!

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 17, 2010

As I scrolled down, I said, “I want to make that. And that. And that. And that”. Then I wore myself out and figured I’d just come have Thanksgiving with you guys (even though you are in Canada, you’ll have one again, right? Please.)

Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Green Tea warms my heart. And my throat.

you’re cooking right? bahaha

Melissa November 17, 2010

I am new to veganism, and still making the transition. Reading your blog has made it SO enjoyable. Everyday I look forward to see what you have whipped up. My boyfriend and I are now hooked on VOO and we just made the fruit and nut energy bites( so tasty!) I can’t wait to try all of your thanksgiving recipes and share them with my family!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

thanks! So glad you enjoy them

Katie November 17, 2010

I agree with the comment above – the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea is a year round favorite of mine. I got through 3-4 HUGE containers in the holiday season. Candy Can Lane is my second favorite – its decaf green tea…so good!

Alaina November 17, 2010

I love this! I can’t wait to use some of these recipes. Fall is my favorite time to cook and bake. My favorite Thanksgiving dish is my mom’s cranberry conserve and mashed potatoes. :-)

Emily November 17, 2010

Thank you thank you thank you! Seriously, you never cease to amaze me.
My favorite tea right now is Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice, it is delicious and easy to find.

that sounds great!

Cara Craves... November 17, 2010

You never cease to amaze me!
It all looks great…I just wouldn’t want to choose.
I am not celebrating Thanksgiving this upcoming week for
I am Canadian and am in Korea, but I still want to eat the food :)

Allison November 17, 2010

Please come stay with me:) i am willing to taste test anything and everything!!

Besides half of canada migrates to florida in the winter so you would only be doing what you’re supposed to do;);) And when you come please bring items 1-30 with you!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

Eric said to me the other night, ‘Do you want to live in florida for 6 months of the year?’

I think we are getting old.

Shanna, like Banana November 17, 2010

So handy to have this post all in one — thanks =)

And yes, you are welcome in Cali anytime ;)

im packing my bag now!

Heather (Faces of Beauty) November 17, 2010

as amazing as this all sounds, i have to say the garlic knots are what’s calling my name. there are no words angela!

agreed!

Sarah D November 17, 2010

Can I just say how impressive this list of successes is! I loved looking down it and thinking of what a great experience this fall must have been with so many new recipes under your belt!

Rebecca November 18, 2010

Chai Tea would be nice and spicy for the festive season.
I love my Mums Christmas Pudding with Thick Custard.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 18, 2010

I made your pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream, and it was one of the best things I have ever eaten.

I also made the pumpkin brownies, and I could not believe how nicely they turned out and how moist they were. Your recipes blow me away every time I make anything you have come up with!

thank you :) That makes me happy to hear

Kelsey H November 18, 2010

ditto about the pumpkin spiced gingerbread….i get chills just thinking about how amazing it was and im not a really good cook!

Charlie November 18, 2010

Kind of funny that you’re talking about holiday recipes since I just made christmas cookies tonight! For thanksgiving, I do love the usual pumpkin pie ;). But I’ve never really celebrated thanksgiving…

As for holiday tea, I love Joy from Starbucks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

Do you freeze your cookies?

Casey Thomas November 18, 2010

Oh my Angela, these all look incredible!

It’s a stinking hot 37 degrees Celsius where I am so come on over and I’ll be your taste tester!

Ellie November 18, 2010

hi Angela!! wowww thank you for this! hahaha they’re all the ones that I’ve been wanting to make!! :PPPP I don’t know if you have coffeebean&tealeaf in Canada, but I really recommend the winter spice (?) blend! or something like that. It’s really good and it reeeeallly does have a spicy tinge to it!

Helen November 18, 2010

i agree, the cb+tl winter dream tea is so good!!

Dee November 18, 2010

Oh.Em.Gee! Seriously though. OMG. *wipes drool off computer screen* Everything looks SOOOO good!

Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher November 18, 2010

i CAN’T take it, angela! greedy overload!!
whoa.
whoa.
whoa.
ahhh.

Alex November 18, 2010

oh my goooosh! i’m cooking for three and can’t decide! I’m guessing I’m going to be loggin in a couple more miles this week haha.

Rachel November 18, 2010

This post reminds me- PLEASE upload the s’mores cake in a jar recipe! I made the apple streusel and it was good….but the s’mores REALLY caught my eye! mmmm!

Not sure on a brand name here but my favorite tea from my favorite cafe is caramelized pear tea! Great for the holiday season ;-)

Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat November 18, 2010

I am so overwhelmed with these options! How do I choose? If I make them all, I’ll have to start cooking NOW!

Little Aspects November 18, 2010

Oooh, me, I’ll be your taste-tester! We’ll be hitting the high 20C range next week (probably even in the 30s!) so you can enjoy warm weather and I’ll enjoy yummy vegan baking ;-)

Having said that, I would like a white Christmas at some stage – it’s funny that we associate Christmas with summer and hot weather and the beach and you guys are all about being warm and cozy in the freezing weather! So, my holiday recipes are various salads and fruity things for cooling down (mango and stonefruit season has now arrived!) rather than the hearty and warming fare you northerners get to enjoy for Christmas :)

Shelby November 18, 2010

You are seriously amazing!!!!! All of it looks so delicious!!!!

Wei-Wei November 18, 2010

You blow my mind – I’ve read all these posts in the past few months and it amazes me how creative and delicious they ALL look!

SellWoWAccount November 18, 2010

Great shots for those awesome foods! You’ve given them more life :D They really look so delicious. Can I be your taste tester? We don’t have cold Christmas here in our place. It’ll be a great pleasure to taste those. Yummm!!!

Sell WoW Account

Sure!

Anni November 18, 2010

I have one word for you Angela: AMAZING.
I’m kicking myself for living in Northern Europe where pumpkin is practically non-existant (as are Earth Balance & Almond milk, except the homemade kind). And its cold too, so my chances of becoming your taste tester are rather slim. But I can always try to adapt your recipes, and for those that I can’t – I can still enjoy your beautiful pictures!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 18, 2010

Omg the time invested in this post. No wait. In ALL of the RECIPES! The photography…all of it.

As a blogger, cook, photographer….we all wear all hats. But you, you my dear, well all of them VERY WELL!

Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes – have seen a few girls make them and i thought i wanted to make those. But then i just saw the entire roundup of desserts and honestly am in drool overload. It’s overused in the sphere to say things look good. But seriously, Angela, your food just looks….SO GOOD. I mean amazing :)

Keri November 18, 2010

Oh my gosh, you are amazing. I am in charge of dessert this year and I would love to make one of these. I’m just nervous that they won’t come out as good as your did!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

I would suggest the pumpkin pecan pie brownie…it was the fav!

Liana @ femme fraiche November 18, 2010

Now that it’s 6:24am and I’m starving for breakfast, lunch, dinner and gravy…

That’s the one thing I love most about fall, the cinnamon and pumpkin spices. They make every dish better, salty or sweet. The garlic pumpkin knots are identical to garlic “bowties” that bakery by our house has sold since I was a little girl. I actually worked at said bakery myself and had the honour of partaking in the magic of those bad boys. I’ve been eating apples uncooked with cinnamon sprinkled on and it hasn’t quite being doing it for me, so now I know how to fix it! Great roundup!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

there is something magical about bread making!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 18, 2010

I want EVERY recipe at my Thanksgiving table!

saffity November 18, 2010

These all look fantastic! I’m slowly working my way through all your recipes and they’re all delicious!

As far as favourite holiday dishes go, for Thanksgiving it’s pumpkin pie and stuffing, for 9hristmas it’s definitely my Gramma’s shortbread cookies and oatmeal cookies with date jam.

This is our first Christmas without Gramma, but I’m hoping I can do her recipes justice.

My favourite holiday tea you can’t get anymore. It was a limited time Christmas blend. But second favourite would have to be a nice chai latte from teaopia.

stacey-healthylife November 18, 2010

Those make me hungry also. They all look so fantastic.

Lauren November 18, 2010

Can I please come to your Thanksgiving? :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 18, 2010

I was already planning on making those pumpkin oat bars, but now I’m going to make the cranberries and the gravy too! Thanks!

Page 1 of 41234»