Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach

If you would like to wow your guests with an unusual side dish at your next holiday dinner…

This one is for you!

20101110-IMG_0267

There is nothing I love more than taking classic dishes and shaking them up a little.

Before we get to this beautiful dish…two quick things:

1) Daily Pictures are up. [My excitement got the best of me and I posted them at 12:01 am. Is that nerdy or what?]

2) I am organizing and updating my recipes page.

Hallelujah! Can you hear the angels singing? I sure can.

I fell off the recipe-updating wagon for about 2-3 months, but I hope to get caught up by my 53rd birthday with any luck.

Ok, ok my 50th birthday. So demanding.

Tonight, I updated, organized, and alphabetized my Breads, Cakes/cupcakes/pies, Cookies, Muffins, Raw foods/No Bake, and Other categories!

It is incredible how long the list is getting.

It is also incredible that I remember how to alphabetize.

Or spell alphabetize for that matter.

I still have to update my Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, and Appetizer categories though. That will be a massive undertaking. I will need a Green Monster to my right and a glass of wine to my left for that one.

I have also added my Project Food Blog posts at the top of my recipes page. If you are looking for any of the recipes I have made for PFB, that is where they are hiding!

Whew. There is hope for me yet.

Tonight, I whipped up a delicious holiday-inspired side dish that will have heads turning, tongues wagging, and drool dripping.

20101110-IMG_0243

Or people might look at your dish and run like hell. I really can’t guarantee anything here.

Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach

Pumpkin mashed potatoes…with SPINACH! Such a crazy, yet lovely flavour combination. I fell in love with these potatoes as did Eric. The flavours of the pumpkin, garlic, sea salt, and spinach really go lovely with the potatoes.

Adapted from Cake, Batter, Bowl.

Ingredients:

• 7 red potatoes, scrubbed & chopped (or Yukon Gold variety)
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-1.5 cups pumpkin puree, to taste
  • Two handfuls spinach, stems removed & chopped
  • 1/2 cup Almond milk
  • 2 tbsp Earth Balance or butter
  • 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt, or more to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Paprika, for garnish

Directions: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and boil potatoes for 18 to 22 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and place in a very large bowl. Meanwhile, heat olive oil over low heat in a skillet and sauté garlic for about 1 minute. be careful not to burn it like I did! Drain and mash potato chunks in the large bowl with a fork. Mix in pumpkin puree, spinach, almond milk, Earth Balance/butter, black pepper, and salt. Makes 5-7 servings.

*Best served immediately- the potatoes tend to get a bit watery (from the pumpkin) if they are put in the fridge.

Recipe note: This is the last pumpkin recipe I am making for a while!!!

Gather the troops!

20101110-IMG_0248

Cook, drain, and admire the beauty of zee taters.

20101110-IMG_0255

Also, admire the beauty of your tired hand-me-down pots and pot holders.

20101110-IMG_0256

New things are over rated.

Now magic happens….

A beautiful unison of two things I never thought I would see together: Pumpkin and Potatoes.

20101110-IMG_0258

Isn’t that just lovely?

Add in your salt, pepper, spinach, almond milk, and [hopefully not burned] garlic and give that arm a workout.

20101110-IMG_0265

Sprinkle with Paprika if you dare.

20101110-IMG_0266

It adds a little flare.

20101110-IMG_0267

Uh oh, the poet in me is coming out.

I best get myself to bed.

Speaking of sleep, I have been having the craziest dreams lately….and many nightmares about random things! Many of them involve people chasing me or trying to hurt me. I even had a few dreams about Project Food Blog this past week. One of them was that I went to submit my video this coming Sunday and Foodbuzz told me that I handed it in a week late and was disqualified. I tried to show them that my video was uploaded on November 7th, but they didn’t care. Then my head was chopped off.

Ok, that last part didn’t happen, but it could have!

I can go for weeks without remembering any significant dreams and then all of a sudden I have a slew of strange dreams and nightmares all at once and random people popping up from my past. Sometimes I ‘see’ people in my dreams and I think to myself, ‘Where the hell did you come from!?’

Do you remember your dreams much or give much thought to them? Do you think that they mean anything or are they just a product of random thoughts swirling through your mind?

1 Little Aspects November 11, 2010

I’m constantly dreaming about school (I’m a teacher). Most of them involve being in front of the class completely unprepared and I wake up in a cold sweat!!

Pumpkin mashed potatoes looks yummo!

2 Lauren November 11, 2010

Me too! For the first few weeks of teaching, I consistently dreamed about being late to work and showing up unprepared (i.e. without tests, quizzes, lesson plans, etc.). The principal was so disappointed in me. Sad, but it makes me feel less insane to know that other people have these dreams of anxiety!

3 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 11, 2010

I use to love to try and interpret my dreams, so I’d try to remember to write them down, but it never happened. What I did realize was that I would have nightmares when I was stressed. Dreams are like a stress call for me – I know I need to take it easy when they occur.

Psychology is so fascinating to me :)

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 11, 2010

I love seeing savory ways to prepare canned pumpkin. The color of this dish makes me think it tastes like mashed sweet potatoes…but bettttter??

5 Ameena November 11, 2010

I remember my nightmares way easier than my dreams but I definitely get Deja vu all the time! I hear that means my life is on track though which is kind of cool…

6 Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat November 11, 2010

Those potatoes are so pretty! Most of my dreams surprisingly enough involve FOOD!

7 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher November 11, 2010

Earlier this year, soon after we broke up, I dream about my ex-boyfriend-ish–eh, I’ll just call him “boy I loved”–kissing his new woman. Turns out he did have a new woman: his “bitchy” (his words not mine) roommate. My dreams are often painfully real.

8 Ashley November 11, 2010

I think the last set of crazy dreams I had were during the whole year before our wedding. Every problem you could ever think of leading up to a wedding I dreamed about. I typically don’t remember my dreams and can’t remember the last time I had a scary one. I’m sure I will tonight though..haha. This dish looks so different and is super pretty!!!

9 jodye @ 'scend food November 11, 2010

What a gorgeous color! I love adding spinach to potato dishes, and in fact have done so almost every day this week! I can imagine how lovely pumpkin would be in this dish, and garlic, yum! A for your question… I remember my dreams for about 10 minutes after I wake up, and then promptly forget them unless they are very odd or unusual. I always wish I remembered them though, then I could decide whether they are just random thoughts or actually mean something.

10 maria November 11, 2010

Are all the recipes you publish in your posts on the recipes page? It would be extremely helpful if that was the case, as I often find myself drooling over some recipe you have published a while back, but can’t for the life of me remember when you posted it :) Harebrained, yes I am…

And about dreams. I like to think they are just the mind doing a bit of cleaning. I am not sure that the events in them as such have to mean anything, but I certainly think that they are born out of something that has been on your mind, perhaps troubling you.

11 Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA November 11, 2010

Wow, how did you ever think of putting pumpkin puree in mashed potatoes? I eat a very similar recipe very often (usually with kale instead of spinach) but I never thought of adding pumpkin!

I have lots of weird dreams and I usually don’t try and interpret them. I did wonder about a recent dream theme, though – I kept having dreams about watching space shuttles fall out of the sky. It was awful.

But the last couple nights my dreams have been much better – I keep dreaming about Luke Pasqualino! Look him up and you’ll see why (he’s on actor on Skins, a British TV show).

12 Steph November 11, 2010

I always mix pumpkin or carrots with my mashed potato but never with spinach! Yum!

P.s I’m getting the sense you LOVE pumpkin!

13 Wei-Wei November 11, 2010

I almost never have dreams, at least I never remember them! I did have one significant one recently, though… it was strange. And all my dreams seem to happen in some busy, futuristic, industrial-looking mall. It’s weird.

14 Laura November 11, 2010

I have the exact same thing: long periods of not remembering a thing followed by a period of really vivid but totally crazy dreams. For me it is related to being very busy in my head all day. When that starts to wear off, the crazy dreams begin. So I think it is just a way of the brain to process all input now that it finally starts to get some rest. I always recognize a lot of things from real life that show up and not even the main events of my life but the small almost insignifcant things.
Oh, and the dish looks yummie! Got to make it.

15 alexa @ Sohdalex November 11, 2010

mmmmm. These look great! I think the combo is a winner for sure ;)

16 Rachel November 11, 2010

Don’t get me wrong, girl…. I DO love all the pumpkin stuff. But do you make anything without pumpkin or butternut squash anymore? ;-)

I am in the process of learning how to be a lucid dreamer, so it’s funny that you would post about dreams tonight! So far, it hasn’t been working…but this is only my 3rd night of trying so hopefully I will make some progress.

17 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2010

hahah the reason I have had so many pumpkin recipes lately is because I have been searching for pumpkin ideas for Challenge #8 in PFB…which is to feature pumpkin as an ingredient!

18 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes November 11, 2010

Oh I love pumpkin mash especially with sweet potatoes. This looks great!!!

19 Traci November 11, 2010

I have the craziest dreams most of the time and yes there are people that pop into them and it does make you go hmmmmm!As far as those mashed potatos….they will be in my belly very soon :) Yummmy

20 Emily November 11, 2010

Oh my god, I literally just woke up all distraught and crying because I had a dream that my mom had something wrong with her ovaries and died! :( I usually can’t remember my dreams so this was scary. What did I do to make myself feel better? Well, after texting her and making some coffee I came to Oh She Glows, only to find out that I’m not the only one having crazy nightmares! :D

PS. I am LOVING all the pumpkin and autumn flair. I’m so jealous that I can’t just run to a kitchen to test all the recipes (thank you university dorms). So, I have just been stockpiling recipes to make when I go home for Thanksgiving.

21 Cara Craves... November 11, 2010

Hello beautiful potatoes!
I love you already and I haven’t even tasted you!

22 Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun November 11, 2010

You think up the BEST flavor combos! Yum!

23 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 11, 2010

I have been having weird dreams lately too. In fact, I just had one about my grandma. Kinda creeping me out.

24 Nicole (Picky Nicky) November 11, 2010

I actually love love love dreams, I remember mine every night! This actually annoys the hell out of my friends ;)
I really believe that they mean something, usually it’s not straightforward but if you really think about your dreams you’ll realize that they represent how you’re feeling. Hmm, maybe it’s too early in the morning for me to be explaining things… :P
Anyway, have a great day!
Enjoy those mashed potatoes :) They look lovely!

25 CathyK November 11, 2010

i TOTALLY believe that dreams or nightmares have meaning: our subconscious is trying to process what is on our minds during the day. when i get stressed out, i still have teaching nightmares…and i haven’t taught in 12 years! it’s very funny sometimes WHO pops up in a dream, and you’re like, whaaaaat??!
way to go on organizing the recipes! thanks so much! there are several from the past few months i really want to try so now i can hit that page instead of searching through your posts (although i would do that since your recipes are THAT divine!)

26 Menden November 11, 2010

That dish looks delish!! Perfect for the holidays. :)

I’ve been having weird dreams, too! About people that are no longer in my life…it’s strange. I guess it must mean that there’s something left unanswered about that relationship?

I definitely like to think that dreams mean something, rather than just being a combination of random thoughts and images!

27 stacey-healthylife November 11, 2010

That is so unique and sounds delicious, love the color combo’s.

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 11, 2010

I have been having horribly vivid dreams lately, but then like 5 minutes after I wake up, I can’t remember them! Oh well…. this could possibly be one of my favorite dishes you have ever prepared. I need to make it immediately!

29 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad November 11, 2010

My dreams are just a random swirl in my head. No way they mean anything!

I am going to have to try this dish! I need something to bring to Thanksgiving dinner at the “in-laws.” There is going to be nothing healthy there, so I need to bring a few things I’d want to eat!

30 Dee November 11, 2010

oh my gosh! this looks amazing! :P

I love, love, love the Daily Pics section! What a neat idea!

31 Meredith Lilly November 11, 2010

Wine and a green monster. Breakfast of champions.

I had vivid dreams as a child, but it’s very rare that I remember my dreams now. When I do have strange dreams I usually blame caffeine. Deep, eh?

32 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 11, 2010

I have had some strange dreams — the only one that I really remember is one that I have had a few times: I am running up (what seems like) endless flights of stairs and there is a large gorilla chasing me. I have woken up from this dream and fallen back asleep only to be back “in” this dream! It is sto strange.

33 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 11, 2010

Ohhh that looks like such a wonderful combination of tastes!! I need to bring some vegan dishes to Thanksgiving dinner (otherwise I won’t be eating, because my family will ensure that there is not only dairy but MEAT in everything from the green beans to the mashed potatoes), and I’d love to bring this…

34 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 11, 2010

YUM! I am so using this at Thanksgiving :) Healthier and would definitely be way tastier than plain ol’ potatoes. I love your recipes! It’s like being in a candy shop of healthy vegan food.

35 faith @ gracefulfitness November 11, 2010

Yum, I love this idea! What an excellent way to pack in more of a nutritional and flavor punch!

36 jenna November 11, 2010

i have a five year old that hasn’t slept through a night since she was born…..i’m too tired to have dreams! :) lol
i love love love this recipe! i can’t wait to try it! mashed potatoes are my ultimate comfort food.

37 Faith @ lovelyascharged November 11, 2010

Oh gosh, I certainly cant take my dreams too seriously because I have very possibly the strangest ones ever! One time I was a hooker in the lost city of Atlantis and people were trying to kill me and in another I decided to open up a Chinese restaurant in a cardboard box on the side of the road. Some very strange things go on inside this head of mine when I’m unconscious! And um…ONLY when I’m unconscious, of course.

38 Heather (Heather's Dish) November 11, 2010

oh my word these look heavenly! i have always been pretty good about remembering my dreams, but they usually are unrelated to real life, so i don’t give much thought to them!

39 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 11, 2010

I’m not surprised that you’ve been dreaming about PFB! The mashed potatos look great. I don’t normally eat potatos (unless they’re sweet potato) at all because I just find them boring. Spinach and pumpkin sound like a great way to liven them up and boost the nutrition profile at the same time.
I’ve had a few crazy dreams lately. Some have been a bit scary but others have been awesome – like when I dreamed that I met Caitlin (HTP)!! :D

40 Dawn November 11, 2010

I used to dream that my teeth were falling out! I would have that dream all the time, thankfully I haven’t had it for a while now! :)

I love the looks of that mashed potato/spinach/pumpkin combo. I will definitely give it a try.

Thanks again for your blog, I look forward to it every day :)

41 April @ Crazy Fabulous Life November 11, 2010

I definitely believe dreams mean something. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve dreamed something and it happened! Of course, I’ve had plenty of nonsense dreams as well ;) But I think the dreams that seem more nonsense than anything mean something too…usually an abstract view into our emotions/life.

Check out http://www.dreammoods.com sometime. I’m sure you could find some information on your strange dreams!

42 Camille November 11, 2010

Thank you so much for the great holiday recipes. I will be cooking for just 2 this year and I am trying to find a nice variety of things that are easy, delicious and healthy. This seems to fit the bill!

43 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie November 11, 2010

I think dreams definitely have meaning! They speak to what we are anxious about, among other things.

Thanks for this recipe – it’s right up my alley, and I”ll definitely be making this!

44 Paige November 11, 2010

Yummy! These potatoes look delicious! Whenever I start thinking about going back to school, I start having dreams about being late to a final and/or going to a final for a class that I always skipped. They induce terrible anxiety in me! Then there are those were all of a sudden i find myself in the middle of tons of people….without clothes! Don’t like those either! lol!!

45 Lou November 11, 2010

Hi Angela, beautiful dish! Pity we don’t have the convenience of canned pumpkin here in Ireland, I think I would go mad on it. With regard to the dreams, it can be useful look at the exact emotions you experienced, try to recall them as they felt in the dream, your responses etc. these are emotions that want to be heard and are being expressed in the dream because possibly you aren’t accepting them in waking life – maybe see if you can recognise, accept, investigate, non-personalise with the strongest ones. The process is explained here if it’s of interest :) https://sites.google.com/a/audiodharmacourse.org/mindfulness-meditation/five-hindrances

Thank you again for all your beautiful recipes and photos, your blog is my favourite this last ages, I look forward to it when I open my reader every day :)

46 Shanna November 11, 2010

Garlic makes everything better if you ask me =)

I think smoked paprika would be even better!

47 Laura November 11, 2010

Last week I had a dream (nightmare?) that my husband had an affair because I don’t like bacon.

48 Amanda @ Plato's Plate November 11, 2010

That is so funny! Ahahahah!! LOL.

49 Meghan Telpner November 11, 2010

Can’t get enough pumpkin. Looks great :)

50 Jess November 11, 2010

Those look yummy! I only remember dreams when I wake up and fall back asleep (like in the morning). I usually don’t really think they mean anything…it’s just a hodgepodge of things that went through my head the day before.

51 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 11, 2010

Geat idea adding the PFB category!

I don’t eat potatoes, but this recipe makes me want to give them another shot. YUM!

52 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) November 11, 2010

This looks delicious! Last Thanksgiving was the 1st time I cooked everything and I tried to choose a lot of healthy/different/random dishes. This isn’t too far out there but I’d love to try it!

And it’s funny, I was just talking to a friend yesterday about dreams. She has THE most intense ones almost nightly–I don’t remember the last dream I had….

53 Amber K November 11, 2010

I rarely remember my dreams and the ones I do remember never make any sense. I’m sure they mean something, but as long as I’m working things out while I’m asleep I try not to think about it much!

54 Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 11, 2010

Thanks for updating your recipe page! I’ve been looking for your newer recipes but wasn’t able to find them on the list. Pumpkin, potatoes, and spinach all in one? Yum!
I always have strange dreams. Like last night I had a dream about owning a Vitamix and trying to protect to from getting stolen at my school.

55 Amanda @ Plato's Plate November 11, 2010

Angela,

I have been reading your blog for about 3 months now…sorry not to have commented. I LOVE your blog, your recipes, your sentiments, and your humor. I also love your pictures! You are just wonderful and your blog has become my favorite. I have cooked many of your recipes and everything has turned out wonderfully. Because of this I am SO happy you are organizing your recipe page. I find myself just poking around looking for recipes on your posts since they aren’t all on your recipe page yet. Better yet…maybe its time for an OSG Cookbook? :) I would buy it in a heartbeat. You are a daily inspiration for living better. Thank you SO much for your blog. I just love it.
On another note…I have been having crazy dreams lately too. I had a nightmare that I ate a beef burger ( I don’t eat meat) and have had some strange cooking failure dreams too. Weird.

Anyway, have a lovely day!

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2010

Thanks Amanda!

57 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) November 11, 2010

This recipe is so cool Ange. Love that you added some greens to the mix!

Most nights, I do dream… but don’t remember them. When I do remember them, I sometimes think about them a bit while waking up, but then soon forget…. however, sometimes the dreams are SO vivid (and also no ‘fun’ or happy) and I can’t seem to get them out of my head. I really don’t like this… bc well, it’s justa dream… right ? But still, I think dreams is your mind trying to release emotion or feelings that may not nessisarily be appropriate to express OR they are simply bizzaro and mean nothing at all. Maybe the dream came from something you watched on TV a few days ago. Things like that… But I def do feel that if there are things that a person is repressing… can come out in dreams bc there is no other way to release them. Just my opinion ;)

58 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 11, 2010

what a gorgeous potato dish! i’ve been having very vivid dreams lately and think they all mean something, but who knows.. looking forward to the new recipe page! i’m always browsing through it :)

59 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 11, 2010

It seems I too have been having a slew of bad dreams lately. Last night I dreamt that I was killed and turned into a ghost and was trying to save people from being blown up on a train (that wasn’t moving… and kind of like a house)… but being a ghost and all it was hard to get them to pay attention to me, they could only see me when they were about to die… weird.

60 leatitia November 11, 2010

Sometimes if you start having nightmares and don’t usually have them, it might mean that you’re pregnant! In the first weeks, week 2 to 4. :)

61 Moni'sMeals November 11, 2010

This recipe is fantastic! I will try it out for sure.

Yes, random dreams latley too for me, what gives?! I always need a moment in the morning to snap out of it!

62 Lana November 11, 2010

Yum-ola!! I’m a sucker for anything with a sweet potato in it!

63 Lizzie November 11, 2010

I remember all my dreams – every night. A lot of them often involve people from high school I haven’t seen in years, or people I was friends with and lost touch with. And (TMI coming up!) they often involve me being embarrassed about an overflowing toilet, or not wearing any underwear, or some other awkward situation. I definitely have dreams related to important events or meetings I have coming up too. I’ve never really bothered to think about what they might mean at an emotional level – usually I can pinpoint exactly why that person showed up in my dream (may have talked about them with a mutual friend, or saw them on FB etc).

Love all the colour in that mash – definitely trying that one!!

64 Alicia November 11, 2010

I am making these today! I think I’ll bring them to thanksgiving so people have another option besides regular ones, thanks so much! :)

65 Emily Elizabeth November 11, 2010

Wow! I love that this dish looks gorgeous AND is very healthy. (This way you don’t have to coax people into trying it – like green monsters.) I’m in love.

66 sippitysup November 11, 2010

I like to shake up the classics too. This might just make it to my Thanksgiving table. GREG

67 carol November 11, 2010

Hi Angela! These potatoes look amazing! Thank you for organizing your recipes. I bookmark every one and it will be so much easier to find them now. I really agree that an OSG cookbook is in order. You would make a lot of people VERY happy. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68 Laurab @ foodsnobstl November 11, 2010

Perfect way too get my husband to eat spinach. Muhahaha.

69 Kristi Rimkus November 11, 2010

Love this healthy side! Loads of color in the potatoes. Yukon gold is tops on my list.

70 ashley November 11, 2010

Man oh man those potatoes look amazing! So festive! I’ve been dreaming of eathquakes lately. Not sure what that means, but I don’t think I want to find out. :)

71 Betty November 11, 2010

Dreams often bring me concern. I rarely have a happy dream. Why is that?
I quit smoking 24 years ago. However, I often dream that I have taken up smoking again.
I am always so upset with myself! ?? I don’t have the slightest conscious desire to smoke.
Funny story, My husband once had a dream I was cheating on him. His dream had him
so upset he was literally angry at me the whole day. Haha! He didn’t think it funny at all. LOL!
Your dream about PFB makes perfect since. You were so prepared and, in control. Then, just like that the game plan changed. Not fair. Not to worry, you are going to win! :)

72 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 11, 2010

I think dreams are *mostly* day residue. Our brain trying to process and make sense of what happened in our day and concocts any type of story, i.e. the dream, in order to do so, even if it wouldnt make sense to our fully conscious and awake-state brain.

Sometimes I remember them and sometimes I don’t.

I actually had a very detailed past life regression analysis done where I was hypnotized b/c I had been having interesting, (ahem, freaking disturbing troubling intense) dreams for a few years and even after meditating, pondering, thinking, you name it, I still couldnt get to the bottom of the reason for these dreams.

The past life regression analysis helped me unlock some things and confirmed what I already felt I knew but wasnt allowing myself to believe b/c it felt too “hokey” and goofy. And with that i will stop before this comment gets too hokey and goofy. But you have a pysch background so hopefully you can appreciate :)

73 Samantha @ The Savvy Soybean November 11, 2010

this looks soooo good!!! I’m definitely bookmarking this recipe. Glad I came across your blog =)

74 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous November 11, 2010

I go through phases sometimes where I will have horrible nightmares for a week or so, and then it will taper off again. I don’t really know why!

P.S. You take the most wonderful, colorful, vibrant pictures. I love looking at them! It also helps that you eat such a colorful diet. Some days, all I’ve eaten are brown things (a.k.a. carbs!).

75 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 11, 2010

Just emailed the recipe to my mom to use for Thanksgiving!!

And I usually remember my dreams vividly..I even remember my recurring nightmares from when I was little. I DO think they mean something, I’m just not sure what!!

76 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 11, 2010

Just emailed the recipe to my mom to use for Thanksgiving!!

77 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' November 11, 2010

I almost never remember my dreams– but I’m like you, and will occasionally have a few nights in a row that I do remember. (usually it’s the nightmares that I remember!!) I don’t think they necessarily “mean” anything, but most likely have to do with the random thoughts you have swirling around in your conscious and/or unconscious!

Looks like fun Thanksgiving recipe! Though, I have a VERY picky husband who would KILL me if I tried changing up one of his favorite courses at Thanksgiving dinner! In fact, he doesn’t even like REAL mashed potatoes– he prefers the boxed version, because it reminds him of his childhood! LOL ;)

78 Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo November 11, 2010

Can’t wait to try the potatoes; they look amazing!

I always think it’s kind of weird when I have the same dream over and over again…I think they’re just a way for your to sort out your day or just random mishmoshes of what you thought about that day.

79 Rebecca November 11, 2010

I have weird dreams, when I was a kid I used to dream that Michael Jackson and Bubbles were chasing me around and around in circles and they were driving Noddys car, this went on for ages. I do remember a few of my dreams, only because sometimes they are so weird.

80 Charlie November 11, 2010

Those mashed potatoes look sooo good! Since I’m a kid, I am the biggest mashed potato fan! I used to eat 2-3 servings (stopped because there was none left) and loved them with carrots or cheese.

81 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 11, 2010

Speaking of your recipes page, I was browsing through it last week and got inspired to try your Pumpkin Curry Quinoa. It was amazing and so easy to make! :D

82 christyn @ All Ways Nutritious November 11, 2010

these look delicious!! mmmmmmmmmm

83 Sue November 11, 2010

I went straight to my kitchen tonight and made these. So easy! So delicious! And guess what I had for lunch? Your three-bean chili from your project food blog entry. My house is filled with your food. :)

Randon aside: We live in Jersey, but my husband’s family has a cottage up in McGregor Bay, so sometimes when you mention certain things about Canada, I think, “that sounds familiar… maybe we drove past there on our way up.” It’s a beautiful place to live.

84 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2010

Glad to hear this!

85 Cami (Health & Happiness) November 12, 2010

These look simply delicious!!! I’m trying to decide what to make for my family for Thanksgiving that will show off how delicious healthier alternatives can be! I love this recipe idea and your high protein mash potatoes recipe. Do you use a gravy on your high protein mash potatoes?

Any ideas for a delicious Thanksgiving spread that would win over the family would be much appreciated! I’m trying to figure out a good turkey alternative… a veggie meatloaf with gravy? You have so many amazing recipes… I don’t know where to begin! If only I had time to make all of them… :)

86 Fanta November 12, 2010

I just love potatoes and this is so creative!! What an inventive way of spicing up a classic dish, I cannot wait to make it!!

87 Kerstin November 12, 2010

So glad you enjoyed these – you’ve reminded me I need to make them again! Love your idea for the paprika garnish too! I’m also having fun browsing your site – I also recently got into running and tris :)

88 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2010

Thank you for the fantastic recipe! Such a fun twist on mashed potatoes :)

89 alexandra November 13, 2010

I’m obsessed with this recipe! My uni friends and I have decided to cook instead of eating out or in college more often, and this was our first dish – it’s so amazing I want to make it again right away :) We couldn’t find pumpkin anywhere so we substituted squash. Still delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

90 Betty Bauer November 15, 2010

This recipe sounds fantastic and I plan to make it soon. Also the pictures make it even more appealing.

Thanks.

Betty

91 Honey B. Nutrition November 18, 2010

Wow! I am so going to make this!

92 Jessica November 18, 2010

Oh my gosh, these were insanely delicious! I ate a huge bowl and then ate more cold later! I will make these again soon. So easy too!

93 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 18, 2010

glad to hear it!

94 Letha Boust November 25, 2010

I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and used potatoes my husband grew in our garden. I used a whole can of pumpkin and followed the recipe and it was delicious. Everyone liked them and I will def make these again.