Birthday Bro

Good evening!

Steve’s birthday celebration was a great one today.

20101106IMG 9837 thumb   Birthday Bro

My father-in-law Ken, Steve, and fiancée Joanne. :)

Eric and Margaret.

20101106IMG 9838 thumb   Birthday Bro

Kids + doggie view ;)

20101106IMG 9843 thumb   Birthday Bro

Dinner was delicious! Dave and Ewa made us an amazing BBQ feast complete with all the healthy fixins’ in a buffet style spread.

I had a veggie burger with tomato, mushrooms, onion, ketchup, and mustard. Along with sweet potato fries, black bean salad, and a salad with mushrooms, blackberries, banana, red pepper, green onion, cucumber, tomato, etc. I just loaded it all on and it tasted great.

20101106IMG 9848 thumb   Birthday Bro

I threw together this black bean salad before I came. I always try to bring a vegan dish when I go out to eat somewhere. I really didn’t need it though because they had a huge spread.

The black bean salad contained 3 cups black beans, 1/2 tsp dried parsley, 1/4-1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt, black pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil, and chopped onion. It was simple but tasty!

20101106IMG 9788 thumb   Birthday Bro

This was the first time I had banana on a salad before….I was feeling downright crazy.

20101106IMG 9849 thumb   Birthday Bro

Veggie burger side view.

20101106IMG 9851 thumb   Birthday Bro

Bird’s eye view.

20101106IMG 9852 thumb   Birthday Bro

I ate everything on my plate and still had room for dessert!

And brewski…

20101106IMG 9853 thumb   Birthday Bro

I was in my happy place. ;)

20101106IMG 9863 thumb   Birthday Bro

[Gotta love when the husband takes pictures of me stuffing my face!]

Happy Birthday to you…

20101106IMG 9873 thumb   Birthday Bro

20101106IMG 9893 thumb   Birthday Bro

Birthday cupcakes were enjoyed by ALL…if you know what I mean ;)

20101106IMG 9894 thumb   Birthday Bro

I love that children don’t have negative stereotypes about vegan food and they honestly don’t care. They just know what tastes ‘yummy’!

Steve turned into a 6 year old when he discovered that he got the Kinect gaming system.

20101106IMG 9896 thumb   Birthday Bro

You can probably tell by my face that I had no idea what the heck it was. I am not up to date on gaming consoles these days…

Beer was greatly enjoyed after 2 weeks of video madness! Actually, Eric and I celebrated with a drink on Friday when we uploaded the final video, only to find out on Saturday that there was a major issue with the volume. We re-uploaded it today so another drink was enjoyed!

20101106IMG 9898 thumb   Birthday Bro

20101106IMG 9899 thumb   Birthday Bro

After dinner it was time to play!

20101106IMG 9903 thumb   Birthday Bro

We all loved the Kinect system and we laughed non-stop for a couple hours.

20101106IMG 9909 thumb   Birthday Bro

I leaned over to Eric and I said, “Do you ever feel like we are ‘in the future’?”

He agreed. :)

20101106IMG 9915 thumb   Birthday Bro

Unfortunately no one wanted to race me in the sprinting challenge!

20101106IMG 9911 thumb   Birthday Bro

My family and I got on the topic of the Project Food Blog video and how the deadline was extended a week. I told them that I was going to post my video tomorrow as planned since my video is already uploaded (but I haven’t made it ‘public’ yet) and everyone thought it was a bad idea to post it a week early. Now I am not sure what to do! While I am very excited and eager to show you the video that has been 2 weeks in the making, I do also see reasons why I should maybe wait. I also spoke with other contestants who are also finished their videos, but have decided to wait to submit the post until the deadline on the 14th just to be on the safe side. Decisions, decisions.

At any rate, I guess I can now use this extra week ‘off’ and have some free time back in my life. :)

Have a great night!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 6, 2010

I’ve never heard about that game either. I thought Kinex was the old toys that you connect together to make crazy contraptions. LOL

And I love how kids eat too. It’s so amazing to see. They enjoy food and truly eat intuitively.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 6, 2010

Hey Angela! I’m so glad you had an amazing day with your family :) And delicious food!

And I have a present for you! Have a look :) http://chefkatelyn.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/im-sooocaught-up/

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 7, 2010

thank you!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 6, 2010

I have no clue what that game is either.
I still can’t get of the project food blog stuff! I think it would be best to wait though. Your biggest fans (us!) know you’ve been working your butt off, we know you didn’t wait to do it. Or maybe you could post tomorrow and always repost next weekend?!

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 6, 2010

Wow. My fiance is all about games, but I haven’t heard of this one. Looks like fun though!

As much as I want to see your video, I suggest waiting too. You don’t want it to get left behind because you posted it early. And I want you to win – so anything to help that!

kell November 6, 2010

just wanted to say that i will be voting for you no matter when you post the video . . . you’re the best!

stacey-healthylife November 6, 2010

Have a good night also. Looks like a great evening. I would wait to post so it’s closer to the voting time.

Bec November 6, 2010

I think it is best to wait to post. You never know who will be looking and possibly stealing ideas etc. Perhaps not in a deliberate or vindictive way but your video could inspire others… You have worked so hard on this contest. Please give your self every possible advantage and possibility to advance to the next round and win. Good luck girlie!

P.S. You look sooooooooo happy!

Mandiee November 6, 2010

I was really looking forward to your video tomorrow but I guess I will just have to wait. However, good things are worth waiting for so at least I will have something to look forward to all week now :). I know it is going to be amazing! I hope that this “free time” will give your some time to relax and enjoy the lovely fall. (Although I should mention that I also secretly hope it means you will be posting more, too hehe :D. I miss seeing your breakfast/lunch/dinner posts and all the yummyness you eat. You are an inspiration, my dear!) Happy birthday to Steve!

Have a lovely day!
xox

Rebecca November 6, 2010

I have never heard of that game either.
I would wait and post.
When I cook something that is vegetarian or vegan, I never tell people that is what they are eating, I wait until they have tried it and then I tell them, because some people have negative views when it comes to food, so sometimes I think its best not to tell. :-)

Shauna November 6, 2010

I love banana on a salad! Try it with a balsamic, dijon, maple, and cinnamon dressing, with some pecans or walnuts, possibly some goat cheese. Yum!

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly November 6, 2010

I’m with Tina on the K’nex! That’s all I could think of until I saw the photos.

Life really does feel super futuristic sometimes… I’m grateful for all the positive strides I’ve gotten to see during my time, though!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 6, 2010

I’m not sure why the video deadline was pushed back, but if I were in your position, I would probably wait to post. I would be excited to get it over with, but I think for the sake of YOUR video, you should wait. You wouldn’t want anyone to be inspired from your ideas (although I’m sure no one would do this!)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 6, 2010

Hmmm. I’d wait until the deadline to post yours — either way I’m sure it is fabulous, but this way you have a bit of time to relax with it and make sure it is spectacular :)

Enjoy your week “off” of Foodbuzz stuff!

Wei-Wei November 6, 2010

You really HAVE been really busy! I have a feeling that the video is going to be really, really epic, if you’ve put that much work into it. I do think that you should wait a while before posting, though; don’t wait too long otherwise you might run into issues again! Make it public maybe about a day early before the deadline.

Elle November 6, 2010

Glad you had so much fun… and your BIL looks so much more grown up without the CAP!

Kinnect is a gas!

Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 6, 2010

I’ve never heard of that gaming system but it looks fun. I love the picture took of you in “your happy place.” Too funny :)

Jenny November 6, 2010

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That’s probably a good idea to wait so then when it comes voting time, you want to be fresh in people’s minds:)

Krystina (Basil & Wine) November 6, 2010

That sounds like such a wonderful day spent with family. :)

Katheryn November 6, 2010

I know nothing about gaming systems either.

As far as the video, I will vote for you regardless, but I think you should wait a week. I wouldn’t want you to get behind in the voting.

Ida November 6, 2010

Love the photo of the chocolate-covered hand!
I would wait to post, though I am excited to see what you did.

Rika November 7, 2010

I would looove to see your video tomorrow but I also suggest waiting too!

Bridget November 7, 2010

I think the general concensus from the comments seems to be to wait to post the video, and I agree. Whatever you decide, I’m for sure voting for my favourite blogger (ie: you!)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 7, 2010

Yes, even though I had said earlier today that I thought it was pretty bogus that the deadline got extended even tho you were done under deadline and timely; you are totally right about just keeping it all to yourself til the big moment when everyone reveals. Better safe…than risk getting copied :)

Can I just say what a gorgeous couple you two make :) Seriously, you are! Probably b/c you’re having so much fun and living life to the fullest with each other :) Happy Bday to him!

Marie-Sophie November 7, 2010

That is a really beautiful picture of Eric and the kid!! You two are going to have gorgeous children :-) !

Nicole (Picky Nicky) November 7, 2010

I’ve eaten some pretty crazy combinations before… I’m talking peanut butter and mustard in my sandwich or apple butter on chickpeas but I’ve never had bananas on my salad :) You go girl!!

Keri November 7, 2010

Aww looks like a blast of a weekend! happy birthday to your brother :) and I have no idea what that game is either! Must be a boy thing…

Betty November 7, 2010

What a nice evening. :)

I am glad your family suggested waiting on the video!
It lets me know they are looking out for you. :)
I couldn’t agree more.

Christine November 7, 2010

Angela,
I LOVE your blog! I am so glad that you are waiting to post your video. You are so creative, I would hate for someone to copy what you have done. I can’t wait to see it, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Meredith Lilly November 7, 2010

Love the creative photos of the kids! I think it’s important to protect them from too much internet exposure.

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie November 7, 2010

You are still going to post during this ‘week off’, though, right?
Your “happy place” photo = awesome.
Also, I just got an iPhone a couple of weeks ago and I feel like I am in the future All. The. Time.
I am not sure how I feel about that.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 7, 2010

hehe yes I will still post this week. ;)

Lisa November 7, 2010

Looks like such a wonderful releaxing weekend!

AGS November 7, 2010

Weekends with family are sometimes so very rejuvenating. A very nice celebration!

christina cadden November 7, 2010

Looks like so much fun!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 7, 2010

Thanks for your input everyone!

melissa @ the delicate place November 7, 2010

what a fun party! enjoy your free time :) looking forward to your next FB project entry!!

lisasfoods November 7, 2010

Sounds like a great birthday event, and love the sound of adding sliced bananas to a salad.

Enjoy your week of doing your own thing, and can’t wait to see your video, whenever you decide to post it.

Caitlin November 7, 2010

i would wait – don’t give competitors an edge!

Marie November 7, 2010

Even tho I can’t wait to see your video, I agree you should wait. People can be «inspired» by what you do and suddenly, your ideas doesn’t seem so unique.
You should give yourself every chance you have to win. You are a strong competitor!

Becki November 7, 2010

I can’t wait to see what you came up with for PFB, but I’m sure it will be worth the wait!

I want to make those cupcakes this week. They look so delicious! My best friend called me the other said saying “I’m eating a vegan orange cream cupcake and it’s making me think of you” and I told her that I would outdo that cupcake and we could eat it together….now I have to make yours!

p.s. Is Eric’s bro single? Cuz he’s pretty good to look at! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 7, 2010

haha nope he just got engaged! ;)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 7, 2010

Is that the new remoteless game system?? They’re getting more and more advanced theses days, it’s incredible!!

Page 1 of 212»