Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Thanks

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 16, 2010

20101016-IMG_7202

When I found out yesterday that I received Reader’s Choice for Challenge #4 of Project Food Blog, I almost fell off my chair. Thank you all so much for taking the time to vote for me!!! I am really going to have to think of something damn good for Reader Appreciation day on Oct 31st! ;)

When I want to show someone that I appreciate them, I bake them up a delicious vegan dessert. Now, I’m not too sure how chocolate ganache ships, but I figure sharing the recipe with you is the next best thing.

20101016-IMG_7205

Making Vegan Peanut Butter Ganache is actually very easy and only take a few minutes to whip up!

Grab the following ingredients:

20101016-IMG_7252

That would be: Vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract, pure maple syrup, full-fat coconut milk, non-hydrogenated coconut oil, smooth peanut butter, sea salt (not shown), and good quality dark chocolate.

20101016-IMG_7246

Using a high quality dark chocolate will bring your Ganache from so-so to outstanding.

20101016-IMG_7221

Vegan Peanut Butter Ganache with Peanut Butter Soft Serve Sundae

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup high quality dark chocolate
  • 1-1.5 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
  • 6-7 tbsp coconut milk (not low fat!), or more to thin as desired
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch sea salt

Directions: In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add chocolate and oil and stir well until melted. Be sure not to overheat and burn. Now add in all ingredients and stir well. Adjust ingredients to taste. Add more syrup or coconut milk to sweeten or to thin out as desired. You can customize it to how you prefer your ganache. If this is for cupcakes, you probably want it more thick, whereas if it is for chocolate sauce on ice cream you will probably want it thinner to pour it out. Heat on low for a couple minutes and stir well until consistency is achieved. Pour over Peanut Butter Soft Serve (below). Makes just over 1/2 cup.

20101016-IMG_7162

Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve

Adapted from Banana Soft Serve.

Ingredients:

• 2 frozen bananas
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract

Directions: Process all ingredients until smooth scraping sides of the food processor as necessary.

The troops:

20101016-IMG_7258

20101016-IMG_7163

20101016-IMG_7171

Wheeeeeeee. (That is what the frozen banana and PB is screaming in there.)

20101016-IMG_7185

20101016-IMG_7188

Mark my words, I will never miss ice cream again. Ever.

20101016-IMG_7189

Adding in the vanilla bean paste made this really pop.

20101016-IMG_7190

Now the fun part!

20101016-IMG_7196

Grab your desired amount of PB Soft Serve and add on some toasted pecans and a Power Me Up Pumpkin Sesame Cookie. We need to make this a FALL dessert after all, right? ;)

Now pour on your warm PB Ganache….

20101016-IMG_7201

Oh dear me.

20101016-IMG_7202

I’m really having fun at this point.

20101016-IMG_7203

20101016-IMG_7204

20101016-IMG_7205

I went a little crazy. It is not easy to pour ganache and snap pictures at the same time!

20101016-IMG_7206

20101016-IMG_7208

That’ll do.

20101016-IMG_7211

And dip.

20101016-IMG_7237

20101016-IMG_7238

These cookies were just brought to a whole new level. ;)

20101016-IMG_7239

It was pretty much mind blowing.

20101016-IMG_7240

Now go make yourself a bowl, kick-back, and relax. It is the weekend after all.

20101016-IMG_7221

So about Challenge #5, which is due tomorrow…

The bad news:

I went through about 10 pizza dough flops last night. I also have flour in nooks and crannies that I may never find.

The good news:

I finally nailed my pizza this afternoon. It was worth every second when I saw it come out of the oven and tasted it for lunch. I don’t think I have ever been so excited to share something on the blog! Stay tuned for my Challenge #5 post tomorrow afternoon. :)

Now go make yourself some Peanut Butter Ganache.

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker October 16, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Delish! I love ganache . . . and banana soft serve . . . and pretty much everything you serve up on your blog <3

[email protected] knackfornutrition October 16, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Congratulations on Reader Choice! You deserve it, and you had my vote! :) That dessert looks so good and definitely beats the carrots and hummus I am munching on right now.
I can’t wait to see what you post for round 5!

claire October 16, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Wow, this is so drool-worthy! I definitely need to make this. Can’t wait to see the pizza!

Little Bookworm October 16, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Congratulations on the Reader’s Choice! That dessert looks amazing! :)

Nicole (Picky Nicky) October 16, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Peanut butter, vanilla, chocolate and bananas… You always take the simplest things to a whole new level! :D Can’t wait for the pizza recipe <3

Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 16, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Oh. My. God.
I need one.
I want one!
Congrats on readers choice!!! I loved your last entry and can’t wait to see your next…

Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 16, 2010 at 4:08 pm

This looks divine. I love anything peanut buttery and chocolaty..especially if it’s melty!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm

oh goodness – I cannot even begin to tell you how good this looks.

Krystina (Organically Me) October 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Oh my God, the dish all mixed together with the cookie dunked in is making me DROOL!

Bridget October 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm

YAY :) I knew you’d be reader’s choice! Your post for challenge 4 was exceptional!

Can’t wait to see what kind on pizza you come up with! Surely it will be awesome

Charlie October 16, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Congrats on your 2nd reader’s choice award!

Emma October 16, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Holy moly! Those pictures are just tormenting! the ganache looks simply divine. I’m so glad you won Reader’s choice you definitely deserved it with that last post. Rooting for you in the next round :)

stephanie a. October 16, 2010 at 4:46 pm

oh, dear. oh, dear. oh, dear. (pardon me but your pictures and recipe is causing me to have a little moment over here.)

congrats on your challenge win!

[email protected] The Healthy Teenager, green tea, yoga and baking October 16, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I just love reading your blog post Angela :D You are so clever, talented and creative I always know I’ll have the joy of reading something amazing and delicious.
I’m so trying this out!!

Joslyn @ missfitbliss October 16, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Congrats on the amazing award!

Red Deception October 16, 2010 at 5:12 pm

That soft serve looks so delicious! I am going to try and make this next week. Thanks for the recipe!

stacey-healthylife October 16, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Congrats, that looks amazing.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) October 16, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Wowwww… I wasn’t hungry at all until I saw this post and now all I want is a big sundae.

Amy @ purewellnessamy October 16, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Congratulations on being the Reader’s Choice again! You deserved it. You’re definitely putting 110% into the preparation and presentation of the challenges. I don’t want to jinx you, but personally, I think you have this contest in the bag. Fingers crossed for you!

Cara Craves... October 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm

That is one “powerful” dessert!
Yum!

Looking forward to seeing your pizza, does it have beans on it :)

christina cadden October 16, 2010 at 5:34 pm

It looks so good!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 16, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Congrats on making it on!! Not surprised at all :) That dessert looks absolutely mouthwatering…I can’t wait for the pizza!

Leah @ Why Deprive? October 16, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Congrats on the award!! Thats fantastic! :)

This looks so good . . . I dont even know what to say. Just yum!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 16, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Omg that choc PB ganache looks off the hook! I make raw vegan coconut oil chocolate and yes, if you thin it out with either non dairy milk or oil, it’s a lovely ganache, or frosting, or whatever..but adding PB..NICE!!!

I too have also adapted Gena’s softserve and made PB softserve. Great way to use up that lil bit of PB on the bottom of a jar…just throw the whole mess into the Vita and end up w/ PB softserve. and of course it impressed husbands and toddlers too :)

Hope you’re feeling great and enjoying your weekend :)

Hope October 16, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Oh.My.Yum!
This is amazing! Congrats on winning Readers Choice!
Bring on the pizza!!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad October 16, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Congratulations once again for winning reader’s choice! I’m constantly amazed at your creativity in the kitchen.

Gina October 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Congrats again! You truly deserve it! You’re awesome.
That dessert is killing me. If only I had my food processor here at college…

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt October 16, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Congrats on your Reader’s Choice Win! You deserved every bit of it. :) Looking forward to the pizza post. Yay!

JenATX October 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

YAY Congrats! You totally deserve it. Did you know that I look forward to looking your pictures every day? They are the best break from studying!
Now, what exactly is ganache? I’ve had it before and seen it on menus and stuff but I’m wondering how a chef or baker might describe it..

bitt October 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

i might need to stop reading you blog. in order to save my keyboard from being ruined by drool. love your fall eats lately. you are such an amazing photographer and chef!

Kath October 16, 2010 at 6:56 pm

If I were your banana soft serve, I’d be saying “wheeeeee” too!

[email protected] October 16, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Oh my gosh that looks amazing. I am seriously drooling over here! If only I didn’t break my food processor trying to make banana soft-serve! Looks like I’ll have to go out and buy another one :)

Moni'sMeals October 16, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Congrats Angela!!!!

Are you kidding me with this ganache. Holly smokes I feel like I was apart of it with those pics. ;)
Looking forward to the pizza…

Lauren October 16, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Oh my!!!!!

Noelle October 16, 2010 at 7:53 pm

10 times???? WOw, I probably would have given up at the 3rd time. Great job you!

Kristy October 16, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Congrats!! I can’t wait for the pizza! And your ganache looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing!! Love all the pics!

Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life October 16, 2010 at 8:53 pm

HO-LY COW! That looks ah-mazing!!!!!!!

Olga Singh October 16, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I made your sesame seeds cookies and they rocked! I couldn’t stop eating them they were soooo good. Thank you very much for the recipe.

Wei-Wei October 16, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Can’t wait for the recipe! And especially right after a post about peanut butter chocolate ganache? That’ll be hard to live up to, but you’ll definitely nail it. :D

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 16, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Angela I look forward to your post tomorrow! I think you have done a wonderful job with these Foodbuzz posts. I hope you win it all :)

And the choc ganache looks awesome, but you already knew that!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) October 16, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Oh, Cluizel, you really DID spring for the good stuff. Have never tried cooking with it, it always seemed to me like a special occasion chocolate best eaten bit by bit…I have a hard time getting it here. You must have a source – lucky!

Mindy October 16, 2010 at 10:42 pm

This looks delicious. Peanut butter and chocolate are THE ultimate in deliciousness, of course.

Tasha October 16, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Congrats on readers choice, you’re doing awesome!
this looks so yummy, also i was flipping through the new canadian living today and saw your blog mentioned on an arcticle they had on worthy to check out blogs, so congrats on that too! I was so excited when I seen you listed!

Tasha

Maddie October 16, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Yum! That looks delicious.
Congrats on winning Reader’s Choice, although I’m not surprised :) Can’t wait to see the pizza recipe!

Camille October 16, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Oh my gosh, this looks epic!

Nicole M-H October 17, 2010 at 2:49 am

Yummy looking.. I really need to get myself a food processor and blender…

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 17, 2010 at 3:33 am

If it wasn’t for your blog I wouldn’t have discovered the joys of soft serve…thank you! That chocolate ganache is to die for!

Emily October 17, 2010 at 6:43 am

Congratulations! I actually created an account on Food Buzz just to be able to vote for you. I look forward to the pizza recipe and am loving the navy bean ideas!

[email protected] October 17, 2010 at 6:52 am

This looks like the PERFECT combination. And congrats on winning Reader’s Choice!! You definitely deserve it.

Jennifer October 17, 2010 at 7:25 am

Congrats and I can’t wait for the pizza. I cannot wait to try the ganache!!!!! Thanks for all you do for us!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 17, 2010 at 7:43 am

This takes ice cream sundaes to a whole new level! Now if only I had a food processer…

Jess October 17, 2010 at 8:15 am

yay I’m so glad you got through! you deserve it:)

schmei October 17, 2010 at 9:30 am

Congratulations on Reader’s Choice!!

Kelly October 17, 2010 at 9:38 am

The pictures on your blog are always so lovely and descriptive. Almost like I could reach through the screen and take a bite of the yummy food! …oh, and congrats on the Reader’s Choice!! Yay!

AGS October 17, 2010 at 9:51 am

If I hadn’t had two huge slice of apple pie yesterday for dessert, I’m sure I would be more excited by this post. But even with zero interest in sweets today, this looks wonderful.

I hope you make it through this challenge, because I’m intrigued to see what you’ll do for the next challenge (road trip). Good luck!

Jo @JAGSfitnessblog.com October 17, 2010 at 10:10 am

Oh boy, that looks amazing!

Natalia - a side of simple October 17, 2010 at 10:14 am

Oh no, Angela, thank YOU. ;)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 17, 2010 at 10:35 am

I can’t wait till your pizza post! You totally deserve to make it through to the next round and I totally knew that you would! Ever since vegan thanksgiving dinner you’ve had me turned on to pecans in a BIG way. Can’t get enough of them these days!

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista) October 17, 2010 at 10:35 am

Ohh my I don’t know how you do it day after day…I’m considering running to the store right now to get the ingredients for the cookies and the gnache…who cares about studying when you can be making delicious vegan treats?

laura October 17, 2010 at 11:00 am

YUM!
I could use that right now.
Whats a good substitute for coconut oil?

Olya October 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I made it yesterday and used rice bran oil instead of coconut oil and it worked so well. I think any neutral tasting and smelling oil would blend well here.

Angela, thank you so much for the recipe! I’m still in heaven just from the memories of how devine and delicious it was. Mmmm…

Amber K October 17, 2010 at 11:11 am

OMG, that looks soo good! You never cease to make me amazed and hungry. ;)

Kristen October 17, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I need to make the peanut butter banana soft serve sometime. It looks yummy.

Veronica October 17, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Seriously drooling over your post…lol Congrats on the award!

Jenny October 17, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I am excited to see your food challenge recipe! : )

Caitlin (EatFeats) October 17, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Oh my gosh you are my kitchen hero. For serious.

Michal October 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Congratulations!!! You so deserved to win :) And can i just say holy moly goes your pb banana soft serve and ganache look divine. Can I pleeeeeeeeassee get some sent to my dorm room? This college girl is being deprived of her vegan chocolate!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 17, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Congrats!!! And what a delicious sweet treat!

Menden October 17, 2010 at 7:56 pm

This looks like a combination of so many of my favorite flavors and textures! A banana, chocolate, crunchy, peanut buttery, cookie and frozen treat?!…it can’t get better than this! :)

Congrats on the reader’s choice win!!

Sarah October 18, 2010 at 9:52 am

Holy cow, Angela, do you want to be my personal chef?!

@nweite October 21, 2010 at 10:38 am

I made this last night, OH MY GOSH!!! It was a hit. It was really sweet though, I may not use the pure maple syrup next time. Thank you, Angela. I love following your blog!

Ester November 5, 2012 at 11:58 am

Angela, I only have cannellini beans, will that work as substitute? Thank you!

Ester November 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I am sorry, I am supposed to post my question on Power Pumpkin sesame cookie

Cynthia January 9, 2013 at 1:45 am

Thanks again for all of your ridiculously good recipes & all the beautiful photography that always motivates me to try new things! =) Just out of curiosity, I froze some of the ganache to see what would happen. It made extraordinarily decadent freezer fudge! Certainly more caloric, but yum!

Elaina October 13, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I sometimes regret looking for a new recipe here, because it always makes me so much more hungry!

Chandrika April 8, 2014 at 10:36 am

I truly love this one… My son can’t get enough of this soft serve and its so healthy too :-)… Thank you for such awesome recipes.