Fellini

Good morning!

Last night we headed out to an Italian restaurant called Fellini that my sister’s friend told her is a ‘must visit’ whenever she is in Paris. This place is rated one of the top restaurants in the city and we were eager to try it out!

20100921fellini thumb   Fellini

[image source]

It is a gorgeous restaurant! Warm, inviting, cozy.

20100920IMG 8237 thumb   Fellini

20100920IMG 8238 thumb   Fellini

20100920IMG 8236 thumb   Fellini

20100920IMG 8240 thumb   Fellini

20100920IMG 8244 thumb   Fellini

We munched on some breadsticks…

20100920IMG 8239 thumb   Fellini

The wine flowed and flowed.

20100920IMG 8247 thumb   Fellini

The restaurant staff all made their way to our table at some point. They were friendly, accommodating, and warm. Our server even entertained my French with a smile. ;)

Everything is made fresh, from the pasta to the tomato sauce.

They even brought out a huge plate of Porcini mushrooms to show us!

20100920IMG 8246 thumb   Fellini

We also had bread with oil and balsamic

20100920IMG 8252 thumb   Fellini

For our appetizer, we had the Artichoke with fresh mint and garlic:

20100920IMG 8254 thumb   Fellini

It was out of this world delicious.

I asked the server about dishes and I was surprised to find out that I could choose from about 10 different pasta options!

For my main, I got the thin fresh pasta with tomato and basil sauce.

20100920IMG 8260 thumb   Fellini

Oh dear me. Words cannot describe my friends. It was hands down the best Italian meal I have ever tasted. You know how I said I am not a huge pasta fan? Well, apparently I have been eating the wrong Italian food!!

20100920IMG 8259 thumb   Fellini

When the server put my plate down in front of me, the aroma of basil filled the air. It was mouth watering to say the least.

My sister has the thin fresh pasta with Porcini mushrooms in a garlic and olive oil sauce. I couldn’t decide which one I liked better! It was outstanding.

20100920IMG 8257 thumb   Fellini

My mom had the spinach and ricotta cheese fresh ravioli.

20100920IMG 8258 thumb   Fellini

My sis and mom both said it was delicious.

For dessert, biscotti and dark chocolate!

20100920IMG 8263 thumb   Fellini

20100920IMG 8264 thumb   Fellini

After lingering over delicious wine & conversation for a while, we headed over to a wine and jazz bar that the servers told us about. It was a miracle we found it, hobbling along in our high heels on the cobblestone roads! When we got there we were told that it was full and we couldn’t get in. We made our way back to the hotel and had our own festivities with the Champagne that my sister bought for us.

20100920IMG 8267 thumb   Fellini

20100920IMG 8270 thumb   Fellini

Time to pop the bottle!

20100920IMG 8273 thumb   Fellini20100920IMG 8285 thumb   Fellini 20100920IMG 8286 thumb   Fellini20100920IMG 8287 thumb   Fellini

Wheeee.

20100920IMG 8288 thumb   Fellini 20100920IMG 8299 thumb   Fellini

Delicious.

20100920IMG 8301 thumb   Fellini

We exclaimed, ‘Our best night in Paris!’

This morning we are off to Versailles. But first, coffee. ;)

alexa @ Sohdalex September 21, 2010

Looks like you are having an amazing time! I thought those same pasta thoughts the first time I ever tried freshly made pasta. It literally is a life changing experience. It has been awesome following someone traveling in the same area as me. ;)

Kristina @ spabettie September 21, 2010

oooh… porcinis are my favorite… it all looks fabulous, and you are all so pretty, once again! :)

looks like a really fun night!

Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 21, 2010

You guys all look so stunning!
I’m not a pasta fan either..but then I’ve only been to cheap chain Italians – I need to go to a proper one too!
Have a great day :)

Rita @ The Giggly Bits September 21, 2010

That restaurant looks incredible, the stone walls are beautiful. As a not huge pasta fan either that must be good. You could almost smell it through the page, really, yum.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 21, 2010

I love Moet! I love Moet White Star, Moet Nectar, you name it, never met any Moet I don’t like. Or champagne for that matter. I would be in heaven going to the Champagne vineyards and tasting flights with you! omg!!

“Yum. I have no idea if these were vegan or not. My vegan sensors were drowned in wine. “—THAT is such a GREAT attitude! I am 99% vegan. I don’t freak out or send veggies back that may have been coated with a tiny bit of butter. I dont eat or seek out cheese or anything, but there’s a point where accepting that trace dairy may have entered the picture, well, who cares. I know some vegans who do; I just don’t!

That expression, when in Rome, do as the Romans. Well, I think you’re doing an awesome job of staying true to your vegan path but also not going so totally and completely overboard that you’re missing out on great pasta noodles or bread. Let’s face it, they have butter or dairy in them. And really, if you’re not intolerant or allergic, who cares :)

I’m sure many vegans will disagree but I am here to support you living large and in charge, on your trip!

Kathryn September 22, 2010

Agreed, vegan is a lifestyle for sure, but it shouldn’t prohibit you from living! I love to see you doing the best you can, hasseling a few chefs, and experiencing Paris. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Sportsgirl September 21, 2010

Wow! Wish I was there, the food, wine and bubbles look amazing!

Janessa September 21, 2010

Oh My Goodness! Those glasses of wine are huge! They look like what I’d pour myself at home when I’m about to get my toasty on, not what a reasonable restaurant would pour.

I’m going there tomorrow.
:D
(I wish!)

Wei-Wei September 21, 2010

What an amazing, amazing dinner! Looks like a night of wonderful fun!

Joslyn @missfitbliss September 21, 2010

This is such fun to indulge my inner insomniac! So cool that you posted at around 4am Philly time. The first time I tasted freshly made pasta was at an Italian restaurant in Switzerland. I’m pretty sure I cried.

Orla September 21, 2010

I LOVE Versailles – it’s one of my favourite places I’ve ever visited. You’re going to love it :)

Make sure you guys hit up the supermarkets for biscuits (cookies) and chocolate before you leave, especially things like Lindt Creme Brulee. Chocolate on your side of the pond ain’t a patch on our European goodies ;)

Obviously the patisseries and boulangeries are vegan, but tell me your mom and sister have experienced the joy of a freshly baked almond croissant!!! I was in Paris for a few days this summer, and I swear I gained 3lbs just as a result of my almond croissant habit.

Orla September 21, 2010

AREN’T vegan!! Obviously…lol

Katey @ Bonne Santé September 21, 2010

Your Paris posts are fantastic – it’s making me want to run right out, grab my dear mother and go for a girls own adventure in gay (and infinitely tasty, be the looks!) Par-eeeeee!
P.s what a beautiful family you have :)

Laura @ Starloz September 21, 2010

i really need to go to italy because i’m not an italian fan, unless i make it myself.

Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner September 21, 2010

It looks like you are having a great time in Paris! I’m jealous!

JL Goes Vegan September 21, 2010

What a meal! What a great night! LOL at your “need” for coffee ;)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 21, 2010

Another fabulous meal. I would never be coming home!

Nicole (Picky Nicky) September 21, 2010

Yum yum yum, you make me want to go to Paris so badly,
All that dark chocolate and coffee, looks like vegans really can “survive” in paris! You make it look so appealing :P

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 21, 2010

Do you not LOVE how seriously the french take their food? Honestly – it made me almost cry to see that food because they appreciate it so much.. and well, I miss Paris like a foodie misses her chocolate fix.

You will absolutely adore Versailles. It is gorgeous… wait until you see the gardens – you will be in awe. It is beautiful!

Cailin @ Stir Crazy September 21, 2010

My mouth is watering just looking at that food! Sounds like you’re enjoying every little moment of your amazing trip. I love reading about it!

Lisa September 21, 2010

All that food looks so fresh! So jealous.

Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow September 21, 2010

I am so nostalgic for PARIS!!! I was there in July on my honeymoon. It is one of my favorite places in the world!!!

A word on the pasta: we aren’t huge pasta fans either but they do something very very special in Europe with the food. I think it is sprinkled with some kind of fairy dust that makes you fall in love with it. Especially the pasta! :)

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 21, 2010

Oh Versailles!! I can’t wait for that post!!

I love italian food so this whole post makes me hungry! Looks delicious!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 21, 2010

Such a fabulous night! It’s cool the brought out the mushrooms..but any particular reason for doing so? Just to show you how fresh it all was? :P Well, it was nice of them! lol

Love the biscotti, too! My mom worked with someone who always kept a jar of them on her desk and I would always steal one when we went to their house! Yum! :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 21, 2010

I really love your attitude about eating vegan while in Paris. You’re sticking to your convictions and making the best choices you can, without freaking out about a little butter or anything else. Sometimes you just can’t control the situation as well as you’d like, and it’s easier to just roll with the punches and ENJOY yourself than to fuss over food and make it a problem during vacation!! The entire meal looks fabulous. Oooooh I want to go to Paris. HLS next year, perhaps? Wouldn’t that be a dream?

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies September 21, 2010

Wow – that pasta looks absolutely incredible!!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 21, 2010

I love how you’re not being uptight about food. A trip to Paris isn’t an everyday thing (or, um, every year) so might as well enjoy it to the fullest.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 21, 2010

Woooow all that food looks so so good, even the artichokes, which aren’t usually an attractive vegetable in my opinion! Enjoy your day today – wish I was there! :)

RhodeyGirl September 21, 2010

The meal sounds magnificent.

Enjoy your time at Versailles!!!!

stacey-healthylife September 21, 2010

Looks like you are having so much fun, live it up.

Jess @ MTL Veggie September 21, 2010

That pasta looks plain amazing!!
Versailles was one of my favorite sites when I went to Paris. Some people will call it tacky, due to M. Louis’s love for um, opulence, but I plain loved it for that reason. It is so ostentatious that you can’t help but love it! Have a great time :)

Emily September 21, 2010

Looks delicious and absolutely wonderful!! The servings of the glasses of wine are just my style, right to the brim :)

jenna September 21, 2010

how amazing! that pasta it breath taking. it looks so fresh and wonderful.

Im glad you all had such a wonderful night. I can’t wait to read your adventures at versailles.

yummiee cupcake September 21, 2010

the desserts look so yummiee (:

hmm i haven’t had pasta for awhile. looking at it makes me crave for it!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 21, 2010

Versailles is beautiful. Enjoy!

Andrea September 21, 2010

What a fantastic looking meal! I’m so enjoying following your Paris posts… it all looks so divine :)

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear September 21, 2010

I love the atmosphere in French restaurants. I wish we had something like that here, but the Finns do not take food as seriously as French. Sadly!

April @ Crazy Fabulous Life September 21, 2010

Looks like you ladies are having an amazing time! I am loving this little glimpse into Paris :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 21, 2010

That pasta sounds delicious! Boxed/dried pasta does not even COMPETE with fresh pasta!

faith @ gracefulfitness September 21, 2010

wow, those are my kind of wine pours!
I am not a big pasta fan either but once in a while I will try a fresh one that blows me away, it’s a different food than the hard stuff!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 21, 2010

I’m not the biggest fan of pasta when I make it myself either, but good dinners at Italian restaurants always change my mind!

Bee Goes Bananas September 21, 2010

I love the atmosphere of that restaurant and your dress suits the occassion perfectly. You look stunning!

Page 1 of 212»