Fellini

Good morning!

Last night we headed out to an Italian restaurant called Fellini that my sister’s friend told her is a ‘must visit’ whenever she is in Paris. This place is rated one of the top restaurants in the city and we were eager to try it out!

20100921-fellini

[image source]

It is a gorgeous restaurant! Warm, inviting, cozy.

20100920-IMG_8237

20100920-IMG_8238

20100920-IMG_8236

20100920-IMG_8240

20100920-IMG_8244

We munched on some breadsticks…

20100920-IMG_8239

The wine flowed and flowed.

20100920-IMG_8247

The restaurant staff all made their way to our table at some point. They were friendly, accommodating, and warm. Our server even entertained my French with a smile. ;)

Everything is made fresh, from the pasta to the tomato sauce.

They even brought out a huge plate of Porcini mushrooms to show us!

20100920-IMG_8246

We also had bread with oil and balsamic

20100920-IMG_8252

For our appetizer, we had the Artichoke with fresh mint and garlic:

20100920-IMG_8254

It was out of this world delicious.

I asked the server about dishes and I was surprised to find out that I could choose from about 10 different pasta options!

For my main, I got the thin fresh pasta with tomato and basil sauce.

20100920-IMG_8260

Oh dear me. Words cannot describe my friends. It was hands down the best Italian meal I have ever tasted. You know how I said I am not a huge pasta fan? Well, apparently I have been eating the wrong Italian food!!

20100920-IMG_8259

When the server put my plate down in front of me, the aroma of basil filled the air. It was mouth watering to say the least.

My sister has the thin fresh pasta with Porcini mushrooms in a garlic and olive oil sauce. I couldn’t decide which one I liked better! It was outstanding.

20100920-IMG_8257

My mom had the spinach and ricotta cheese fresh ravioli.

20100920-IMG_8258

My sis and mom both said it was delicious.

For dessert, biscotti and dark chocolate!

20100920-IMG_8263

Yum. I have no idea if these were vegan or not. My vegan sensors were drowned in wine.

20100920-IMG_8264

After lingering over delicious wine & conversation for a while, we headed over to a wine and jazz bar that the servers told us about. It was a miracle we found it, hobbling along in our high heels on the cobblestone roads! When we got there we were told that it was full and we couldn’t get in. We made our way back to the hotel and had our own festivities with the Champagne that my sister bought for us.

20100920-IMG_8267

20100920-IMG_8270

Time to pop the bottle!

20100920-IMG_827320100920-IMG_8285 20100920-IMG_828620100920-IMG_8287

Wheeee.

20100920-IMG_8288 20100920-IMG_8299

Delicious.

20100920-IMG_8301

We exclaimed, ‘Our best night in Paris!’

This morning we are off to Versailles. But first, coffee. ;)

Page 2 of 2«12
Alyne September 22, 2010

You guys are Beautiful.

Gina September 21, 2010

I’m living vicariously through you right now! Can’t wait to get to Europe :)

Isaline September 21, 2010

“I wonder if pumpkin is not popular in Europe? I haven’t seen any baked goods made out of pumpkin yet.”
No, it is not popular in France at all. I spent the first 18 years of my life there and I have never ever eaten anything with pumpkin. Actually, I think my first memory of eating pumpkin (I am not even talking of dessert) must have been 4 years ago in the US. My roommate had made a pumpkin soup. It took me another 2 years to try pumpkin in a dessert. Lol, I remember being very skeptical about the famous Thanksgiving pumpkin pie for so long. That’s because I had always taught of pumpkin as a vegetable. My boyfriend who is American forced me try the famous pie about a year ago. I have the same conflict with carrots in dessert. I have never been able to go beyond a bite of carrot cake. After living 7 years in the US, I learned to appreciate pumpkin a lot, but still not the pie. hey, les gout et les couleurs… Every winter, I make pumpkin lasagna (my invention) and it’s delicious. I always tell my mom back in Paris about it, and she thinks it is madness. This year, I’ll spend Christmas season with the family in France for the first time in years, and it’s definitely on the menu. Well, if I am able to buy a pumpkin somewhere.

MoniMeals September 21, 2010

amazing pics! you can always get back to green tea, enjoy that coffee for now. :)

Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous September 21, 2010

Looks like you are having such a wonderful time!

Dee September 21, 2010

omg – your dishes look divine!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) September 21, 2010

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I adore pasta. It is probably my favourite food ever! The mushroom one sounds SO good to me!

Leah September 21, 2010

Love your sister’s dress!!

Allison @ Food For Healing September 21, 2010

looks so amazing, i so want to just go to Paris for supper haha

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 21, 2010

Your best Italian food was in France. My best Chinese food was in Japan.

Traveling is funny.

Leah @ Why Deprive? September 21, 2010

Wow – that pasta looks amazing! Im sitting here drooling on my keyboard a little. :)

I LOVE how high they filled your wine glasses. That would have made my night!

Bridget September 21, 2010

Omigosh I was just going to make a remark about those massive wine glasses hehe. That’s major! Hope you enjoyed the wine :)

Camille September 21, 2010

What an incredible night!
Those are the kinds of nights that I live for :)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 21, 2010

What a fabulous trip!

Angela you, your mom and sister are so beautiful!

I’ve heard that fresh pasta is so unbelievably delicious, I hope to try it one day!

Chelsea at Striking Balance September 21, 2010

Glad you are having such a good time in Paris, you deserved a break! Loving following your trip!

Allison September 21, 2010

I am greatly enjoying all of your photographs and your stories. I am excited to see your pictures from Versailles. I have a love for Versailles though I haven’t been there yet.

Kelly Michelle September 21, 2010

wow I love France and love that you are sharing your journey with us. That meal looks amazing and the champagne even better ( I LOVE CHAMPAGNE). I think it’s great you are staying vegan but relaxing it just enough to enjoy the truly important thing which is the experience and time with your mom and sister. A few years from now it really won’t matter if you accidentally had a few bites of non vegan food but it would matter if stressing over the fact took away from the amazing time you are having with your family.

Leanne @ Radiant Balanced & Fit September 21, 2010

What great pics Ang!

Amber K September 21, 2010

The pasta looks so decadent. Nothing like the real deal!

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 21, 2010

oh Italian food, how i love thee! this sounds so amazing…i’m going to try (key word TRY) to recreate these at home!

Caitlin September 21, 2010

Oh wow-your pictures are amazing. I am definitely living vicariously through you at this time! I look forward to the rest of your vacation posts!

TheHealthyApron September 21, 2010

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading about your trip! I cannot wait to travelt o Europe one day and experience all there is from other cultures! Sounds like an amazing pasta experience! I can’t even begin to imagine!

Shanna, Like Banana September 21, 2010

Oh such fun! There is nothing like truly good pasta. While I was in Italy, I kept saying that over and over again.

Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey September 21, 2010

Aw, it sounds like you’re having so much fun, Angela. Have a great time!

Therese September 21, 2010

Nothing beats fresh pasta! YUM!

And glad to see the French know how to pour a REAL glass of wine! LOL Those are filled to the brim!!!