More Champagne, S.V.P.

Good evening :)

Our Champagne tour yesterday was really fun. We got to tour a couple wineries and learn about how everything is made. The best part of course was the tasting…and a close second was the scenery of Champagne Country. Just breathtaking.

Here are a few more pictures…

20100919IMG 7913 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100919IMG 7959 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100919IMG 7963 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

My second favourite picture so far:

20100919IMG 7975 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Lunch was here:

20100919IMG 8004 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Mom had a curry risotto:

20100919IMG 7998 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Kristi had a smoked salmon and shrimp salad:

20100919IMG 7999 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

The chef was an old school, ‘I don’t cook anything that is not on my menu’ type of chef, but I turned on the charm and amazingly, I was brought a delicious meal.

It just took A LOT of effort at this restaurant. Nothing I can’t handle though. ;) I’m a tough cookie.

It was potatoes, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, and parsley in a balsamic reduction. Pretty sure he also used butter, but there was nothing I could do at that point except eat it and smile. :)

20100919IMG 8001 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100919IMG 8018 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100919IMG 8024 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

We arrived back to the hotel around 6:30pm and we were absolutely pooped. We mustered up the strength to head downstairs for dinner in the hotel. No gussying up last night!

Knowing that the food in the hotel was already superb (breakfast buffet!), we had no worries about eating there. I had full confidence the chef could prepare me something.

We started with bread and trail mix and devoured both.

20100919IMG 8058 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P. 20100919IMG 8062 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

So good.

I was brought a Ratatouille type dish with Edamame and it was pretty much the best thing I have tasted in a long time. I don’t know what he did, but I was one happy girl!!

20100919IMG 8060 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100919IMG 8069 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Words cannot describe how good that meal was.

Also happy were OSGMOM and Kristi with their pizzas!

20100919IMG 8064 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P. 20100919IMG 8066 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

It was a great meal.

This morning my sister and I headed to the gym and busted out a quick 5-6 km run. After showering it was time to eat another amazing breakfast before we started our busy day of sightseeing.

My sister got me to try my very first coffee complete with caramel flavoured sugar and soy milk.

It was SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20100920IMG 8079 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Oh no, I might be hooked on Coffee!!!! lol.

My sis drinks it a lot and she said the coffee here is out of this world.

I had leftover Edamame from last night, so I got it to go knowing that it would make an awesome addition of protein to my breakfast this morning. I LOVED it!!

20100920IMG 8074 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Along with sautéed mushrooms, tomato, grapefruit, mango, and kiwi.

20100920IMG 8071 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Fresh veggie juice!!!

20100920IMG 8073 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

I like big breakfasts. :)

My sister’s breakfast (she always tries to make her plate look so nice and wants me to take a picture. So cute!)

20100920IMG 8077 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Then we were off to Musée du Louvre!

20100920IMG 8213 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

If you ever come to Paris I strongly recommend the Paris Pass. You not only have access to all the tourist attractions, but you get to skip all the long lines!

20100920IMG 8127 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

We posted some Operation Beautiful notes around Paris!

20100920IMG 8083 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P. 20100920IMG 8085 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

It says you look beautiful today.

20100920IMG 8138 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100920IMG 8087 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

The Louvre was spectacular!!!!!!!

20100920IMG 8103 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100920IMG 8115 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Then we arrived to the MOB SCENE!!!!

20100920IMG 8108 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Who could it be?

20100920IMG 8109 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Celebrity sighting!!!!!

20100920IMG 8114 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

I’m such a nerd, but I got so giddy when I saw Mona. My heart went a flutter. I refrained from posting an Operation Beautiful note on her…(I think I would have been shot!)

I20100920IMG 8118 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100920IMG 8119 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Then it was time for some authentic French Crepes!

A blog reader told me that Le Sarrasin et le Froment is one of the best places for crepes AND I could find a vegan crepe!

20100920IMG 8152 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

It had so much charm! Tiny, creative, and so French.

20100920IMG 8185 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100920IMG 8173 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

The sign above means ‘Smiles are free’ :)

20100920IMG 8175 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P. 20100920IMG 8176 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

20100920IMG 8182 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Yes we went to town.

I had the Mushroom + Provencal crepe and it was out of this world! I have to try to recreate this at home. I LOVE crepes.

20100920IMG 8163 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P. 20100920IMG 8167 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

My sis had some kind of goat cheese one with walnuts, tomato, and salad.

20100920IMG 8158 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P. 20100920IMG 8156 thumb1   More Champagne, S.V.P.

Mom had ham and cheese. They both raved about them!!

20100920IMG 8159 thumb   More Champagne, S.V.P.

I have many more fun pictures to show you, but we are heading out to dinner and the Eiffel tower tonight!

By the way, voting for the Foodbuzz challenge begins today! My first entry can be found here. Head on over and place your votes for your favourite entries.

I’ll be back! (said in Terminator voice).

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 20, 2010

curry risotto?! sign me up! i really can’t wait see more pictures…i feel like i’m in paris with you!

Rhea (Greek Feaster) September 20, 2010

Q: What did Arnold Schwarzenegger say when he heard they were casting a movie about classical composers?
A: “I’ll be Bach.”

Dude, I am living vicariously through your Paris posts, and I’m loving it! I needed a vacation :D And props to your for being so flexible with your food choices– I think that is the secret to sanity.
Finally, your sister’s plate is a MASTERPIECE and I love the mini jam jar.

Lisa September 20, 2010

I love the candle photo. I love museums and when I went to Chicago and saw some of my favorite paintings of all time (Edward Hopper) I got giddy too! I’d love to go the Louvre.

Shanna September 20, 2010

You are making me long to return to Paris. Such a fab city and I wish I had asked chefs for veggie meals while I was there. Guess I have to go back ;)

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats September 20, 2010

Great pictures – I am really enjoying reading how you handle getting meals that suit your dietary preferences – it’s inspiring!

Marina September 20, 2010

isn’t Louvre amazing?
You can stay just there for a week, and there would still be stuff to see. Btw, I think that the painting on the wall opposite Mona is a lot better than her, but that’s just me :D
mhm…I adore crepes.
I had the best crepe bought on a stand in Paris, filled with banana and nutella…yummy.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 20, 2010

Oh goodness, every one of your posts is making me miss Paris more and more. I’m impressed you got that chef to create you a vegan meal!! Hope you enjoy your dinner this evening!

ida September 20, 2010

I think the coffee is Europe is SO much better than coffee in the states. I think it is also the ambiance that makes it an experience, unlike starbucks. Love that you’re showing everyone’s meals! The more Parisian food, the better.

Ami September 20, 2010

Hey Angela! Love your website! So glad you are having a good time in Paris, my husband and I are going next summer so it is nice to get some recommendations! I couldnt find a place to email you so I am just going to ask here even though it has nothing to do with Paris :) Do you have a recipe you like for cake? My friend’s little girl is turning 3 in a few weeks, and is allergic to eggs and nuts, and she said all she wants for her birthday is a birthday cake. I have looked but I havent seen any cake recipes on your site.

Joslyn @ missfitbliss September 20, 2010

This is so much fun to see Paris through your eyes! I haven’t visited for a few years now and I miss it! Thanks so much for sharing it all;)

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies September 20, 2010

Ommmg, those crepes look out of this world!!! I’m glad you are having such an amazing time!!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 20, 2010

I want to go to the Louvre one day. My husband went with a tour group when he was in high school — I love looking at all the pictures he took!

I love big breakfasts too :)

You and your sister look so much alike (I’m sure you’ve never heard that before!)

Anne September 20, 2010

You should have some french translated operation beautiful notes!

RhodeyGirl September 20, 2010

You are so dedicated to blog while on vacation.

I think this day is my favorite of your trip so far. You sound so carefree and happy! Enjoy your time!!

Leah @ Why Deprive? September 20, 2010

I dont know what to comment on first. All the food looks amazing, and the Mona Lisa – that is SO cool!!
I love looking at all your Paris photos. It looks so beautiful!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 20, 2010

You are making me want to go back to Paris so bad right now!

Jessica @ How Sweet September 20, 2010

I have never wanted to go to Paris as badly as I do now!

Tina September 20, 2010

I love that you posted OB notes there! How awesome. :)

Rachael @ Mrs. Adventure September 20, 2010

I’m loving the photos keep them coming!

Kristina @ spabettie September 20, 2010

I LOVE all of these photos… just beautiful !

all of the food looks fabulous, especially those crepes, oh my!

we are planning a trip to Paris, I will have to remember that Paris Pass!

Katie September 20, 2010

The Louvre was one of my favorites there! I got teary eyed when seeing Mona! It was breathtaking! I couldn’t believe how SMALL she actually was!

Sarah for Real September 20, 2010

I’m loving following along with your trip!

I’ll be three gorgeous women can get just about whatever they want, including (almost) vegan entrees from a stubborn chef ;)

Lizzie September 20, 2010

Great photos! I am very jealous of your sister’s crepe – anything with goat cheese and I am there!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 20, 2010

I’m glad you’re having a little more luck with the vegan eats!!! Your crepe made my mouth water!

Kath September 20, 2010

Wait, was i reading that right that you tried your FIRST EVER coffee? That can’t be. Just can’t be.

Wish I could go to Paris!!

schmei September 21, 2010

That was my thought, too… really? First ever? What a way to start – Europeans know how to make a delicious cuppa joe!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) September 20, 2010

So glad you tried crepes (and glad you found some vegan ones to boot)! Now you need to try escargot and croissants. You won’t regret! The coffee in Europe is so incredible, you definitely tried it for the first time in the right place. You might be a bit disappointed when you come back home though, lol.

Love seeing and reading about your adventures!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 20, 2010

Your breakfasts remind me of when I went to Europe. I loved the big breakfasts, too, but I could never get used to what I thought of as lunch/dinner itesm (like the mushrooms) on a breakfast buffet. I usually stuck to muesli :D

I love that picture of the chandelier (the one before the candles). Not that anyone is really keeping track, but that is my favorite. haha

Glad to see you’re having a good time!!!

Oh-and welcome to the dark side of coffee ;-) lol

Candice @ ChiaSeedMe September 20, 2010

You are seriously making me miss Paris so much! I’m wishing so badly that I was back there right now.

Oh, yes, the mob scene at the Mona Lisa. I honestly couldn’t believe how crazy everyone was acting! This lady (another tourist) actually got me in trouble for using my camera – I held back my sarcasm and gently reminded her that cameras are allowed..just not flashes. She wasn’t too nice.
Anyway – love seeing all your pics! Glad you’re having a great time:)

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans September 20, 2010

Paris looks absolutely amazing! I am envious but hope to get there someday myself.

erica September 20, 2010

i am loving all these blog posts from paris! :)
welcome to the coffee lovers side =)

when you’re traveling w/your dslr, do you carry a bunch of different lenses with you or just pick one for the whole trip?

Ashley September 20, 2010

I want to eat your whole post. CHOMP!

Suz September 20, 2010

I had no real desire to go to Paris, but I now want to go so bad!! It’s now on the “list”. hehe Thank you for the beautiful pics – it made my day!

Charlie September 20, 2010

OMG those crepes look delicious! I could eat crepes all day long :P.

erin B. @ vegan-a-licious September 20, 2010

ohhh how I love paris!!! who was the celebrity you saw??? I am such a kid when it comes to celebrity’s Lol

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 20, 2010

Oh my goodness I’m so jealous of this!! All of it..the food, the sights..but especially the Louvre! I’ve always wanted to go there :) I’m so glad you got to see Mona Lisa!

andrew Lowry September 20, 2010

Yes, the Paris Pass is great. I highly recommend the Musee D’Orsay on the far side of the river (again within walking distance). I much preferred it to the Louvre. More art in less space and a nicer building IMHO, YMMV.
Thank-you for the pictures of the Gothic Church (I assume a cathedral). I love that style of architecture.

Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 20, 2010

I’m simply amazed by all the beautiful food you are eating and places you are seeing. Makes me want to trace your traveling steps!

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf September 20, 2010

I’m incredibly jealous of you right now. All the amazing French food! And the Louvre!!!! I want to visit the Louvre before I die. :)

jenna September 20, 2010

wow…how incredible!! the luvre looks amazing! your dinner at your hotel is stunning as well.

Amber K September 20, 2010

I couldn’t get anywhere near the Mona Lisa when I visited the Louvre. It was PACKED!

The voting is going to be super hard, there are so many of my favorite bloggers involved!

Page 1 of 212»