More Champagne, S.V.P.

Good evening :)

Our Champagne tour yesterday was really fun. We got to tour a couple wineries and learn about how everything is made. The best part of course was the tasting…and a close second was the scenery of Champagne Country. Just breathtaking.

Here are a few more pictures…

20100919-IMG_7913

20100919-IMG_7959

20100919-IMG_7963

My second favourite picture so far:

20100919-IMG_7975

Lunch was here:

20100919-IMG_8004

Mom had a curry risotto:

20100919-IMG_7998

Kristi had a smoked salmon and shrimp salad:

20100919-IMG_7999

The chef was an old school, ‘I don’t cook anything that is not on my menu’ type of chef, but I turned on the charm and amazingly, I was brought a delicious meal.

It just took A LOT of effort at this restaurant. Nothing I can’t handle though. ;) I’m a tough cookie.

It was potatoes, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, and parsley in a balsamic reduction. Pretty sure he also used butter, but there was nothing I could do at that point except eat it and smile. :)

20100919-IMG_8001

20100919-IMG_8018

20100919-IMG_8024

We arrived back to the hotel around 6:30pm and we were absolutely pooped. We mustered up the strength to head downstairs for dinner in the hotel. No gussying up last night!

Knowing that the food in the hotel was already superb (breakfast buffet!), we had no worries about eating there. I had full confidence the chef could prepare me something.

We started with bread and trail mix and devoured both.

20100919-IMG_8058 20100919-IMG_8062

So good.

I was brought a Ratatouille type dish with Edamame and it was pretty much the best thing I have tasted in a long time. I don’t know what he did, but I was one happy girl!!

20100919-IMG_8060

20100919-IMG_8069

Words cannot describe how good that meal was.

Also happy were OSGMOM and Kristi with their pizzas!

20100919-IMG_8064 20100919-IMG_8066

It was a great meal.

This morning my sister and I headed to the gym and busted out a quick 5-6 km run. After showering it was time to eat another amazing breakfast before we started our busy day of sightseeing.

My sister got me to try my very first coffee complete with caramel flavoured sugar and soy milk.

It was SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20100920-IMG_8079

Oh no, I might be hooked on Coffee!!!! lol.

My sis drinks it a lot and she said the coffee here is out of this world.

I had leftover Edamame from last night, so I got it to go knowing that it would make an awesome addition of protein to my breakfast this morning. I LOVED it!!

20100920-IMG_8074

Along with sautéed mushrooms, tomato, grapefruit, mango, and kiwi.

20100920-IMG_8071

Fresh veggie juice!!!

20100920-IMG_8073

I like big breakfasts. :)

My sister’s breakfast (she always tries to make her plate look so nice and wants me to take a picture. So cute!)

20100920-IMG_8077

Then we were off to Musée du Louvre!

20100920-IMG_8213

If you ever come to Paris I strongly recommend the Paris Pass. You not only have access to all the tourist attractions, but you get to skip all the long lines!

20100920-IMG_8127

We posted some Operation Beautiful notes around Paris!

20100920-IMG_8083 20100920-IMG_8085

It says you look beautiful today.

20100920-IMG_8138

20100920-IMG_8087

The Louvre was spectacular!!!!!!!

20100920-IMG_8103

20100920-IMG_8115

Then we arrived to the MOB SCENE!!!!

20100920-IMG_8108

Who could it be?

20100920-IMG_8109

Celebrity sighting!!!!!

20100920-IMG_8114

I’m such a nerd, but I got so giddy when I saw Mona. My heart went a flutter. I refrained from posting an Operation Beautiful note on her…(I think I would have been shot!)

I20100920-IMG_8118

20100920-IMG_8119

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Then it was time for some authentic French Crepes!

A blog reader told me that Le Sarrasin et le Froment is one of the best places for crepes AND I could find a vegan crepe!

20100920-IMG_8152

It had so much charm! Tiny, creative, and so French.

20100920-IMG_8185

20100920-IMG_8173

The sign above means ‘Smiles are free’ :)

20100920-IMG_8175 20100920-IMG_8176

20100920-IMG_8182

Yes we went to town.

I had the Mushroom + Provencal crepe and it was out of this world! I have to try to recreate this at home. I LOVE crepes.

20100920-IMG_8163 20100920-IMG_8167

My sis had some kind of goat cheese one with walnuts, tomato, and salad.

20100920-IMG_8158 20100920-IMG_8156

Mom had ham and cheese. They both raved about them!!

20100920-IMG_8159

I have many more fun pictures to show you, but we are heading out to dinner and the Eiffel tower tonight!

By the way, voting for the Foodbuzz challenge begins today! My first entry can be found here. Head on over and place your votes for your favourite entries.

I’ll be back! (said in Terminator voice).

1 Heather (Heather's Dish) September 20, 2010

curry risotto?! sign me up! i really can’t wait see more pictures…i feel like i’m in paris with you!

2 Rhea (Greek Feaster) September 20, 2010

Q: What did Arnold Schwarzenegger say when he heard they were casting a movie about classical composers?
A: “I’ll be Bach.”

Dude, I am living vicariously through your Paris posts, and I’m loving it! I needed a vacation :D And props to your for being so flexible with your food choices– I think that is the secret to sanity.
Finally, your sister’s plate is a MASTERPIECE and I love the mini jam jar.

3 Lisa September 20, 2010

I love the candle photo. I love museums and when I went to Chicago and saw some of my favorite paintings of all time (Edward Hopper) I got giddy too! I’d love to go the Louvre.

4 Shanna September 20, 2010

You are making me long to return to Paris. Such a fab city and I wish I had asked chefs for veggie meals while I was there. Guess I have to go back ;)

5 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats September 20, 2010

Great pictures – I am really enjoying reading how you handle getting meals that suit your dietary preferences – it’s inspiring!

6 Marina September 20, 2010

isn’t Louvre amazing?
You can stay just there for a week, and there would still be stuff to see. Btw, I think that the painting on the wall opposite Mona is a lot better than her, but that’s just me :D
mhm…I adore crepes.
I had the best crepe bought on a stand in Paris, filled with banana and nutella…yummy.

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 20, 2010

Oh goodness, every one of your posts is making me miss Paris more and more. I’m impressed you got that chef to create you a vegan meal!! Hope you enjoy your dinner this evening!

8 ida September 20, 2010

I think the coffee is Europe is SO much better than coffee in the states. I think it is also the ambiance that makes it an experience, unlike starbucks. Love that you’re showing everyone’s meals! The more Parisian food, the better.

9 Ami September 20, 2010

Hey Angela! Love your website! So glad you are having a good time in Paris, my husband and I are going next summer so it is nice to get some recommendations! I couldnt find a place to email you so I am just going to ask here even though it has nothing to do with Paris :) Do you have a recipe you like for cake? My friend’s little girl is turning 3 in a few weeks, and is allergic to eggs and nuts, and she said all she wants for her birthday is a birthday cake. I have looked but I havent seen any cake recipes on your site.

10 Joslyn @ missfitbliss September 20, 2010

This is so much fun to see Paris through your eyes! I haven’t visited for a few years now and I miss it! Thanks so much for sharing it all;)

11 Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies September 20, 2010

Ommmg, those crepes look out of this world!!! I’m glad you are having such an amazing time!!

12 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 20, 2010

I want to go to the Louvre one day. My husband went with a tour group when he was in high school — I love looking at all the pictures he took!

I love big breakfasts too :)

You and your sister look so much alike (I’m sure you’ve never heard that before!)

13 Anne September 20, 2010

You should have some french translated operation beautiful notes!

14 RhodeyGirl September 20, 2010

You are so dedicated to blog while on vacation.

I think this day is my favorite of your trip so far. You sound so carefree and happy! Enjoy your time!!

15 Leah @ Why Deprive? September 20, 2010

I dont know what to comment on first. All the food looks amazing, and the Mona Lisa – that is SO cool!!
I love looking at all your Paris photos. It looks so beautiful!

16 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 20, 2010

You are making me want to go back to Paris so bad right now!

17 Jessica @ How Sweet September 20, 2010

I have never wanted to go to Paris as badly as I do now!

18 Tina September 20, 2010

I love that you posted OB notes there! How awesome. :)

19 Rachael @ Mrs. Adventure September 20, 2010

I’m loving the photos keep them coming!

20 Kristina @ spabettie September 20, 2010

I LOVE all of these photos… just beautiful !

all of the food looks fabulous, especially those crepes, oh my!

we are planning a trip to Paris, I will have to remember that Paris Pass!

21 Katie September 20, 2010

The Louvre was one of my favorites there! I got teary eyed when seeing Mona! It was breathtaking! I couldn’t believe how SMALL she actually was!

22 Sarah for Real September 20, 2010

I’m loving following along with your trip!

I’ll be three gorgeous women can get just about whatever they want, including (almost) vegan entrees from a stubborn chef ;)

23 Lizzie September 20, 2010

Great photos! I am very jealous of your sister’s crepe – anything with goat cheese and I am there!

24 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 20, 2010

I’m glad you’re having a little more luck with the vegan eats!!! Your crepe made my mouth water!

25 Kath September 20, 2010

Wait, was i reading that right that you tried your FIRST EVER coffee? That can’t be. Just can’t be.

Wish I could go to Paris!!

26 schmei September 21, 2010

That was my thought, too… really? First ever? What a way to start – Europeans know how to make a delicious cuppa joe!

27 Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) September 20, 2010

So glad you tried crepes (and glad you found some vegan ones to boot)! Now you need to try escargot and croissants. You won’t regret! The coffee in Europe is so incredible, you definitely tried it for the first time in the right place. You might be a bit disappointed when you come back home though, lol.

Love seeing and reading about your adventures!

28 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 20, 2010

Your breakfasts remind me of when I went to Europe. I loved the big breakfasts, too, but I could never get used to what I thought of as lunch/dinner itesm (like the mushrooms) on a breakfast buffet. I usually stuck to muesli :D

I love that picture of the chandelier (the one before the candles). Not that anyone is really keeping track, but that is my favorite. haha

Glad to see you’re having a good time!!!

Oh-and welcome to the dark side of coffee ;-) lol

29 Candice @ ChiaSeedMe September 20, 2010

You are seriously making me miss Paris so much! I’m wishing so badly that I was back there right now.

Oh, yes, the mob scene at the Mona Lisa. I honestly couldn’t believe how crazy everyone was acting! This lady (another tourist) actually got me in trouble for using my camera – I held back my sarcasm and gently reminded her that cameras are allowed..just not flashes. She wasn’t too nice.
Anyway – love seeing all your pics! Glad you’re having a great time:)

30 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans September 20, 2010

Paris looks absolutely amazing! I am envious but hope to get there someday myself.

31 erica September 20, 2010

i am loving all these blog posts from paris! :)
welcome to the coffee lovers side =)

when you’re traveling w/your dslr, do you carry a bunch of different lenses with you or just pick one for the whole trip?

32 Ashley September 20, 2010

I want to eat your whole post. CHOMP!

33 Suz September 20, 2010

I had no real desire to go to Paris, but I now want to go so bad!! It’s now on the “list”. hehe Thank you for the beautiful pics – it made my day!

34 Charlie September 20, 2010

OMG those crepes look delicious! I could eat crepes all day long :P.

35 erin B. @ vegan-a-licious September 20, 2010

ohhh how I love paris!!! who was the celebrity you saw??? I am such a kid when it comes to celebrity’s Lol

36 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 20, 2010

Oh my goodness I’m so jealous of this!! All of it..the food, the sights..but especially the Louvre! I’ve always wanted to go there :) I’m so glad you got to see Mona Lisa!

37 andrew Lowry September 20, 2010

Yes, the Paris Pass is great. I highly recommend the Musee D’Orsay on the far side of the river (again within walking distance). I much preferred it to the Louvre. More art in less space and a nicer building IMHO, YMMV.
Thank-you for the pictures of the Gothic Church (I assume a cathedral). I love that style of architecture.

38 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 20, 2010

I’m simply amazed by all the beautiful food you are eating and places you are seeing. Makes me want to trace your traveling steps!

39 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf September 20, 2010

I’m incredibly jealous of you right now. All the amazing French food! And the Louvre!!!! I want to visit the Louvre before I die. :)

40 jenna September 20, 2010

wow…how incredible!! the luvre looks amazing! your dinner at your hotel is stunning as well.

41 Amber K September 20, 2010

I couldn’t get anywhere near the Mona Lisa when I visited the Louvre. It was PACKED!

The voting is going to be super hard, there are so many of my favorite bloggers involved!

42 Angela September 20, 2010

All that food looks amazing. You are starting to change my mind about France. I’ve never really enjoyed past trips there. Good tip about the Paris Pass. I got a pass when I went to New York and it saves you so much money on all the big tourist attraction and there are a lot of them in NY!

43 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 20, 2010

All the food looks and sounds amazing!

44 jodye @ 'scend food September 20, 2010

Wow, every single one of your pictures had me drooling or oohing and aahing. You’re so lucky to be on this trip, all of your eats looks absolutely delicious, and the scenery could not get any better! I’m surprised at how easy it has been for you to find a vegan meal nearly everywhere you go; your powers of persuasion must be very polished

45 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 20, 2010

The food you ladies got looks pretty epic! I can’t believe you’ve never had coffee! You must try frech pressed coffee… If you can believe it, even better than brewed imho.

46 Fanta September 20, 2010

I am absolutely jealous! It looks like you’re having a fantastic time over there :) Thanks for the posts and sticking your ground in ordering at the one restaurant.

On a side note, if you enjoy the coffee there then enjoy it to the fullest! The tea I had in Korea is above and beyond anything I can get here in Regina *sigh*

47 Camille September 20, 2010

Your very first coffee!? No way!
I bet you were wired :)

48 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) September 20, 2010

It looks like you are having an amazing time – that food all looks SO amazing!!!

49 Bee Goes Bananas September 20, 2010

Wow, everything looks so beautiful and delicious! :D :D

50 Tanya September 20, 2010

Am really enjoying all your photos and descriptions of your trip/food! It’s making me get more excited for my possible upcoming trip to Europe next summer….although I haven’t been back since I stopped eating dairy/eggs….

51 bitt September 20, 2010

You are doing so well at veganizing your vacation! Love it. Yes charm and knowing some french helps a lot. Glad you found a vegan crepe. Yum.

52 Lin September 20, 2010

Mmmm the ratatouille looks delicious!!! I’m glad you were able to charm your way into getting a specialty dish :-). The caramel sugar coffee sounds amazing! I am a coffee addict so I’d be all over that :-P.

53 MoniMeals September 20, 2010

Ang! I can’t take the tease anymore! What a blast you are having and the food and the lil cafes, I am ready NOW. :) Carmel coffee…what!
Way to get Operation Beautiful going too!

54 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life September 20, 2010

Oooooo, coffee!!! Your caramel coffee sounds fantastic. I’m a HUGE coffee fan…be careful, you just may get hooked! ;)

55 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy September 20, 2010

It’s so funny that you liked the coffee -I’ve been reading David Lebovitz’s book “The Sweet Life in Paris” and he has an entire chapter on Paris coffee and how it’s not very good! :)

56 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 20, 2010

Haha way to go on trying your first coffee! You should give vanilla lattes a try. They will rock your world! :D

57 Nikki September 20, 2010

Ohmy… This reminds me of when I went to Paris… Easily my favourite place in the world!
When my husband and I went, we took a train out to a town near the boarder and went to the museum that Dali created and gave to his home town…
Such wonderful experiences in that part of the world, so glad it was enjoyable for you! :)

58 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 20, 2010

Oh my – what stunning photos! And I love that you used the edamame for breakfast too!

59 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 20, 2010

I love crepes! There was a Crepe shop near my college that I would always drag everyone too.. They were DELICIOUS. But I always had sweet crepes not savory ones… Maybe I will try to make my own…

Can’t wait to see pictures of the Eiffel Tower!

60 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl September 20, 2010

That curry risotto looks amazing! I want to go to Paris….now!

61 Nichole September 20, 2010

Your pictures are gorgeous, and you all look like you are having such a wonderful time. I’m so jealous!

62 MarathonVal September 20, 2010

So glad you are having such a great time!!! :)

I’m curious… when you are ‘convincing’ chefs to make you a vegan meal, do you say that you are vegan, or do you tell them you are lactose-intolerant? I often find that this little white lie is more effective than explaining veganism – and no restaurant wants to get a patron sick or have an allergic reaction!

63 stacey-healthylife September 20, 2010

Such a beautiful city and the food looks amazing.

64 Danielle September 20, 2010

Crepes are amazing… it’s especially fun to watch them being made on those crepe-surfaces.

65 Jen September 20, 2010

I love that you’re using Westin postits for your Operation Beautiful notes! Aren’t they they best! My bestie works at Westin and is always bringing me their postits when she comes home to visit….nice to see they have them in Paris too :)

66 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 20, 2010

I am so jealous of you right now it is not even funny…

67 Lisa (Fit in the Midwest) September 20, 2010

You are making me want to go to France so badly! When I went to the Louvre, they weren’t allowing pictures of the Mona Lisa–but now I see they are. Hope your time at le tour eiffel was fabulous. Can’t wait to see more pictures.

68 Lauren @ RawIsSexy.com September 20, 2010

When I saw the Mona Lisa I couldn’t believe how SMALL it was! I think I was expecting it to be huge after all the fuss people have made over it over the years…but it was definitely really cool to be standing in the same room with it, even if it is behind flash proof and bullet proof glass.

So glad you are having such an amazing trip!!!!

69 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 20, 2010

I can’t believe you never had coffee before!!! I’m addicted!

70 Wei-Wei September 20, 2010

I agree with Jessica. So. Durn. Jealous.

71 Valerie September 20, 2010

I loved the Louvre! I’ve been there twice now and I always have to go in and check on the Mona Lisa. Very hot and crowded room… but you have to see it in person… very important to do that if you go to the Louvre! Did you get to see the Venus de Milo? I love Nike of Samothrace (Winged Victory). I want to go back to the Louvre and Europe in general now that I know a little more about the art there!

Have fun and keep on exploring!

72 Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 20, 2010

The Louvre?! The Eiffel Tower?! Crepes?!

You are living a charmed life, missy! ;)

73 Kristie September 20, 2010

Amazing views, amazing eats, amazing trip overall so far! So jealous. I would LOVE to travel there someday. Seriously very happy about your first coffee experience right now, that’s too funny. Oh boy I love my coffee. I don’t think there could have been a more perfect way for you to experience it for the first time! Though standard old coffee pot java probably won’t do anything for you once you’re back home haha.

74 laura @ Starloz September 20, 2010

ohhhh. i want to be there, those crepes – mmmmmm

75 Lynna September 20, 2010

Though substantial vegan eats seem somewhat difficult to find, it looks like you’re having a wonderful time. Traveling is the best!

By the way, I think those beans you had at dinner are actually fava beans, not edamame. I could be wrong but I wanted to put it out there in case you wanted to create something similar at home :)

76 Tricia September 21, 2010

I agree…those do not look like edamame. I was going to say they’re either favas or limas, but they do look more like lima beans.

77 Susan September 21, 2010

You tried coffee!!! Ohman, after trying the french stuff, you are going to be so dissapointed when you come home and try Tim’s :P Mona Lisa was a mob scene when I saw her too. And the glass case kind of took away from the whole experience – still neat through! I had a ham & cheese crepe a couple days ago, but have a sneaking suspicion it wasn’t *quite* as good as the one your mom & sis got. Loving these recaps! What a great bonding experience for you girls!

78 Sami September 21, 2010

I can’t think of which one, but your sister reminds me SO much of a certain actress!! UGH I wish I could think of it…anyway, I’m having a history test tonight including the life of DaVinci! SO COOL/COINCIDENTAL that I got to see the actual Mona Lisa through your post today! Thanks for sharing, dear! I want to see it for myself someday too! Look slike you had an amazing time!

xo.

79 Sana September 22, 2010

I wish you could stay in Paris forever ( w/ Eric) I love all the AWESOME vegan food that you have been eating :)

80 Tina September 25, 2010

I am in Paris for the weekend and went to the crepe restaurant from your recommendation. It was fabulous! I am so stuffed! Thx for posting about it.