Le Potager Du Marais

Good evening!

I left you with a teaser about our special dinner out last night. I took my mom and sister out to a restaurant called Le Potager Du Marais. It is supposedly the best vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free friendly restaurant in Paris. Le Potager Du Marais does traditional French Cuisine with a veg-friendly twist! Very fun.

We got all gussied up and hit the town!

20100918IMG 7677 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais 20100918IMG 76812 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

To say this place is tiny would not be an understatement. The entire restaurant is just 9-10 feet wide!

20100918IMG 7730 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

It has a lot of Paris charm though and is VERY authentic inside. And this charm includes having to move the tables out to get in. It was quite funny.

We started with organic Bordeaux wine and appetizers.

20100918IMG 7706 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

The wine was very smooth. Loved it.

All Vegan items were marked with a V.

20100918IMG 7687 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

My mom and I split the Puree de pois chiches (hummus) and the pate vegetal aux champignons (mushroom pate).

20100918IMG 7698 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

The hummus was amazing and we enjoyed it with fresh bread.

20100918IMG 7703 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

The mushroom pate was not good…sort of cold, slimy, and blah tasting.

20100918IMG 7697 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Sis had a vegan broccoli soup which was really good!

20100918IMG 7700 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Then it was time for our main courses..

20100918IMG 7690 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

I ordered the Gratin de legumes aux noisettes (vegetable gratin with hazelnuts), my mom the croustillant de quinoa (crusty quinoa burger with tofu and goat cheese), and Kristi the spinach lasagna with goat cheese.

Spinach lasagna:

20100918IMG 7711 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Quinoa burger:

20100918IMG 7713 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

My first time eating gratin and it was vegan! It tasted ok, but it was quite bland.

20100918IMG 7716 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

It was layered with hazelnuts, potato, carrots, on a bed of pesto.

20100918IMG 7721 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100918IMG 7718 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

The red and white quinoa was really good.

20100918IMG 7719 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Dessert…

20100918IMG 7691 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100918IMG 7696 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

We shared the chocolate creme…

20100918IMG 7724 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

and fruit compote with green tea. It tasted like a green tea flavoured applesauce! However, our favourite was of course the chocolate creme, which was by far superior in taste. You couldn’t tell it was vegan at all.

20100918IMG 7727 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

All in all, I think Le Potager Du Marais is a wonderful option for vegetarian friendly foods in a sea of dairy, meat, butter, fish, and eggs. The presentation was beautiful and the service was very friendly. Our only complaint was that the food was quite bland (in all 3 meals). It doesn’t compare to the vegetarian restaurants I have tried in Toronto, Florida, or Chicago, but again, I feel that it is at least an option for many!

The battle of sleep rages on!

Last night I did not fall asleep until 3am and the alarm went off at 6am! Ahhh. I don’t know why I am taking this long to adjust to the time change. When Eric and I went on our honeymoon (we departed from Venice) we were back on schedule within 1-1.5 days. This is taking much longer! My mom and sister haven’t been sleeping well either.

I’m hoping tonight is the night I strike gold. ;)

Anyways, breakfast made getting up much easier!!

Granola, raisins, soy milk, oranges, kiwi, almonds, and hazelnuts!

20100919IMG 7753 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

So good.

20100919IMG 7747 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

A small bowl of sautéed mushrooms:

20100919IMG 7750 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Toast with strawberry jam:

20100919IMG 7751 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Grapefruit juice:

20100919IMG 7755 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Love the free breakfast buffet!

Then we were off for our Champagne Country tasting all-day tour

20100919IMG 7758 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100919IMG 7771 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100919IMG 7785 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100919IMG 7786 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100919IMG 7791 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

Things got a bit wild.

20100919IMG 7892 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

20100919IMG 7859 thumb   Le Potager Du Marais

To be continued… :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 19, 2010

Hello, hottie in the red dress. Lookin’ smashing, Miss Ange :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 19, 2010

You three are stunning!

I love that you were able to find a veggie restaurant in Paris!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 19, 2010

Ohhhh such a pretty dinner!! It’s good to know that there are vegan options in a city where food seems to revolve around chicken and butter!! The Moet tour looks wonderful, can’t wait to read more about it…

Kristina @ spabettie September 19, 2010

all of the food looks wonderful… glad you found a place to have more than a SALAD. :)

Gillian September 19, 2010

I’m so glad you ended up checking out Le Potager du Marais! I went here for my birthday lunch last year :)

christina cadden September 19, 2010

Looks like a fun time and such a cute restaurant!

Sana September 19, 2010

Wow! you and your sister looks so beautiful! I am hoping the wine did the trick for your sleeping problem!

Lindsay (goodiesgalore) September 19, 2010

I just think it’s so lovely that you three are always dressed to the nines. Hot lil’ family you got there sister. Can’t wait to hear about you champagne tour. I once went on a wine tour in Australia using tandem bikes to get fro vineyard to vineyard. Yeah.. things got interesting.

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 19, 2010

Those dishes look ingredible! Chocolate creme? Yes please!

Have a wonderful time in champagne Country!

Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 19, 2010

Oohh so much good food!! And you girls all look SO stunning!

Tina September 19, 2010

You look fabulous! Sorry the restaurant wasn’t quite as good as you hoped. And I really hope you get some sleep tonight!

Melissa September 19, 2010

What a beautiful family you have! Your pictures are lovely and I’m so happy for you that you get to have this wonderful experience with your mom and sister! Enjoy your champagne tasting… I’ll be jealously awaiting your next post!

Lisa September 19, 2010

All that food looks absolutely amazing!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 19, 2010

Ahhh I am loving following your trip Ange. I can just FEEL the excitement!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 19, 2010

Champagne country for all day tasting?! Now THAT is something I want/need to get in on!! I have done plenty of napa & sonoma vineyards, tasting flights, and champagne afternoons, but never in the actual Champagne Region…I am so jealz :)

About the sleep, sorry you’re having such a hard time! That sucks! Maybe the champagne will make you drift off into blissful slumberland :)

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 19, 2010

Chocolate Creme! *_*

How I want to go to Europe. Why am I not independently wealthy?

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 19, 2010

Your dress is gorgeous, the color’s fabulous on you!!

I’d definitely love to go to Paris one day..maybe I will and I’ll get to check out all these places!

bitt September 19, 2010

I’m pretty sure that was the veg place I hit up in Paris. Yeah, the US and Canada have far superior vegan food. But at least you got a proper meal, right? Again I would recommend hitting up the BIoCoop or a health food store for some take-out lunch eats.

Nicole (Picky Nicky) September 19, 2010

The 3 of you look so great!
It’s a shame that the food was bland tasting. But let’s be honest, is there anything chocolate CAN’T solve?? :P

Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 19, 2010

I’m impressed that you managed to find such a vegetarian and vegan friendly place in Paris. It’s just a shame that the food was a bit disappointing. It still looks like a nice night out though.

Caitlin (EatFeats) September 19, 2010

I said this yesterday, too, but DANG THAT BREAKFAST looks so fab!!! I can’t wait until it is breakfast time tomorrow so I can eat some granola.

Lisa September 19, 2010

So jealous of your trip! You have a beautiful family! =) Glad that you are having such a wonderful time!

Camille September 19, 2010

You guys look so much alike!
Glad that your day is going well :)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 19, 2010

I’m thinking you slept better when you went with Eric bc he was with you… I never, ever sleep well when Brian isn’t with me. SO hard to fall asleep.

Can’t wait to see what adventure comes next !

*Andrea* September 19, 2010

sorry about the bland food. :( the champagne sounds like it made up for it!!!

you, your sister and your mom are all sooo gorgeous!!

MoniMeals September 19, 2010

Well you all sure look fabulous for not the best of sleep. :) At least the chocolate dessert was tasty…Plus the champagne will make up for it, right?

Lin September 19, 2010

Mmmm I love anything with hazelnuts and your breakfast looks amazing! It sucks that the veg gratin was so bland because it looks delicious from the pictures.

Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook September 19, 2010

Aw! You ladies look gorgeous!

Definitely going to be stopping by Paris during my backpacking trip!

Lisa September 19, 2010

I love the red dress! It’s gorgeous!!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' September 19, 2010

You ladies look great!! It’s great that you found some nice vegetarian options… my husband and I should have done more research for our trip last year!

I can totally relate to the trouble sleeping– it was almost like clock-work for us– we were awake at 3am almost EVERY night of our honeymoon! I don’t know why we couldn’t adjust! I studied abroad in Italy and didn’t have that problem, so maybe Paris is just “special” like that?!

Bee Goes Bananas September 19, 2010

Wow, what an upscale restaurant! Everything looks so fancy and delicious!

Amber K September 19, 2010

It is so frustrating that some people can’t seem to figure out that cooking vegan/vegetarian doesn’t mean skimping on taste!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 19, 2010

Wow, that fruit compote thing really does just look like applesauce. Your sister’s spinach lasagna looked delicious!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 19, 2010

lady in REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :) beautiful as usual missy :)

that gratin sounds amazing! i kind of want to make my own version…but super flavorful if possible :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 19, 2010

Oh my – what a wonderful restaurant!

Halley (Blunder Construction) September 19, 2010

Looks like you are having a super chic time in France! All of the food looks like something from my dreams, I absolutely must travel there soon. I think Paris is a great honeymoon destination, cliche as it may be.

Danielle September 19, 2010

You have pure photographic talent – able to even make the grapefruit juice look gorgeous!

RhodeyGirl September 19, 2010

On your next vacation you must go to Jordan. Lots of vegan options that everyone eats… stuffed grape leaves, hummus, tabbouleh, stuffed zucchini, fresh pita, etc.

Roanne September 19, 2010

Awww your so pretty, and you take amazing photo’s, looks like you’re having a great time! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 19, 2010

What a beautiful 3some!!! That restaurant looks amazing! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time adjusting to the time change – that totally stinks!

Page 1 of 212»