Oh Paris!

Good morning/afternoon/evening…I don’t even know at this point! ;)

What I do know is that we are finally here in Paris after a long and turbulent journey.

20100917IMG 7256 thumb   Oh Paris!

We did not sleep a WINK on the red-eye. Must be in our genes. I think everyone on the plane but us were sleeping happily. ;)

20100917IMG 7240 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7215 thumb   Oh Paris!

Gorgeous!

20100917IMG 7214 thumb   Oh Paris!

We made it to our hotel!

20100917IMG 7245 thumb   Oh Paris!

and we were told our room wasn’t ready, so we dropped our bags and headed out to find a cafe. At this point, it was 7am my time (EST) and 5am my mom and sister’s time. We were all kinds of mixed up. We just wanted our beds to sleep in.

Oh this was needed.

20100917IMG 7228 thumb   Oh Paris!

The first food that touched my lips was a delicious plain white roll dipped in balsamic and oil.

20100917IMG 7226 thumb   Oh Paris!

Mom hand modeled for me.

20100917IMG 7230 thumb   Oh Paris!

I made use of some French and I told the waiter that I was a vegan and he said…’WHO?’

So freaking funny. He was serious too.

Then I said, ‘Je ne mange pas de produits laitiers, d’oeufs, de buerre et de viande. Je suis vegetalienne. Que me recommandez-vous?’

It translates to ‘I don’t eat milk products, eggs, butter, or meat. I am a vegan. What do you recommend?’

It all became clear to our waiter and he was more than happy to come up with something and he was super nice about it all.

20100917IMG 7232 thumb   Oh Paris!

I was brought an avocado, tomato, walnut, grapefruit, and cucumber mixed green salad with some type of dressing that I didn’t care for too much and ate around. I could have cared for something more substantial, but it was what I was working with at the time and knew I had more food in my suitcase if need be.

20100917IMG 7233 thumb   Oh Paris!

My sister’s salad that she said was really good- it had goat cheese, egg, etc.

20100917IMG 7234 thumb   Oh Paris!

Mom had a ham and cheese sandwich.

Then we explored…

20100917IMG 7218 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7219 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7222 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7237 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7238 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7239 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7241 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7243 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7248 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7249 thumb   Oh Paris! 20100917IMG 7250 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7254 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7257 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 72582 thumb   Oh Paris! 20100917IMG 7259 thumb   Oh Paris! 20100917IMG 7260 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7265 thumb   Oh Paris! 20100917IMG 7266 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7268 thumb   Oh Paris! 20100917IMG 7269 thumb   Oh Paris!

Finally our room was ready!!

20100917IMG 7277 thumb   Oh Paris! 20100917IMG 7282 thumb   Oh Paris!

My mom has a joining room and my sister and I are sharing this bed.

20100917IMG 7281 thumb   Oh Paris!

Oh bed you look too perfect. Let us jump on you.

20100917IMG 7290 thumb   Oh Paris!

20100917IMG 7292 thumb   Oh Paris!

Then we crashed hard and slept for 2.5 lovely and blissful hours. We could have slept all day, but we wanted to be able to sleep tonight!

20100917IMG 7301 thumb   Oh Paris!

Now we are going to shower, clean ourselves up, and then try and find a place for dinner!

There is one small problem with my laptop- the 3 prong plug I have does not fit into the converters that we brought. Eric and I tested a 3 prong plug before I left, but then I decided to take a different laptop that has a different 3-prong plug (it has a round bottom part and not rectangular), and apparently it won’t fit! I didn’t even realize it was different and even so, I still can’t understand why it won’t fit as I thought all 3 prongs were standard size. Hopefully I can find something! :) I only have 1 hour and 30 mins of laptop battery left… ;)

LeanneRBF September 17, 2010

The pictures of the chandelliers & high heels are fantastic! How long are you in Paris for?

Nicole @ yuppie yogini September 17, 2010

How exciting!! Your pictures ate do beautiful. I love how you explained vegan…I’m surprised a waiter in Paris doesn’t know what that means. So excited to follow you on your trip!

Liz O September 17, 2010

Have a fabulous time! My husband and I just returned from a blissful 10 days in Paris. Great time of year to visit, the weather is amazing!! We also lived in Paris for 18 months for his job a few years back. If you’re looking for things to do, the english led walking tours on paris-walks.com are great!

jacqueline s. September 17, 2010

Hi Liz,

Do you (or your husband) have any tips for getting a job in Paris? My husband and I are interested in moving to London or Paris next summer (for a few years if possible). I’m in public health and he’s in IT.

Thanks!

Liz O September 18, 2010

No, sorry! My husband was doing an assignment with a U.S. based company. I was only able to obtain a non-working Visa (I’m a CPA) during our stay. The French are very protective of their work force. My best guess would be possibly to teach English and/or check out the U.S. Embassy website for other ideas (?) Good luck to you!

jamie @ jamelafamela September 17, 2010

wow looks great already! you have a talent for photography! have fun :)

HeatherD September 17, 2010

*waves from Germany*
have fun!!! :-) hopefully the hotel can help you find a good adaptor… I’m sure they’ve dealt with this issue before!! enjoy Paris. I <3 Europe.

Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 17, 2010

Gorgeous pics and welcome to Europe!!! You’ll have an amazing time :)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 17, 2010

I hope you get the laptop cord figured out! What a hassle.

I love all of your pics so far — the architecture in Europe is so beautiful! You don’t see many buildings like that around here! Enjoy your trip!

edan September 17, 2010

Pictures are gorgeous. My husband surprised me with a week in Paris for our 1st wedding anniversary, and we had an unbelievable time.
Although…the idea of going to Paris only to have garden salads and water makes me kind of sad. I hope you get some more imaginative meals! Croissants, duck confit and steak frites are just about my favourite things du monde!! (In which I indulged with gusto…I mean, how often are you in Paris, n’est pas??)

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 17, 2010

Oh my!! I would die to be able to go to Paris! I would definitely need to take a french class though, I only took 3 years in high school and haven’t used it since!

When I was little I wanted to be an artist and live in France. :)

Marina September 17, 2010

Have a great time in Paris!
It’s seems like you’ll really have a lot of fun with your sister and your mom :)
Enjoy!

Kristina @ spabettie September 17, 2010

oooh, so beautiful ! :) enjoy every moment!!

MJ September 17, 2010

Lovely pictures. Sorry to hear none of you could sleep on the flight, but glad you arrived safely. Hope you can find some vegan resturaunts. Enjoy your trip!

Jenny September 17, 2010

I can’t believe you’re in paris!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

Stacy September 17, 2010

Yay you made it! Pictures look beautiful! Those shoes look awesome, that ginormous bottle of perfume is great. Can you imagine having that much perfume? You would have enough for a lifetime :) I love how in your hotel room the bedskirt is silky satin paired with matte sheets. I think it looks elegant :) I also like the bright purple paired with the white.
Get some sleep lady, you have to be exhausted and majorly jet lagged.

Erica September 17, 2010

Have a wonderful time in Paris! I am living vicariously through your photos ;)

Noelle September 17, 2010

Fabulous! Can’t wait to hear all about your adventures, your hotel is beautiful!

MJ September 17, 2010

I did a quick google search for you and if you go to this link: http://goparis.about.com/od/foodanddining/tp/Paris_vegetaria.htm it lists the top 10 Vegetarian restaurants in Paris.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 17, 2010

“We did not sleep a WINK on the red-eye. Must be in our genes. I think everyone on the plane but us were sleeping happily.”–

No, you’re not the only ones. Those of us with small children who have to take red eyes, our kids keep us awake. And just about the time the child drifts off, and I may catch a minute of zzz time, the dang drink cart or pilot announcement comes on and wakes us up…ugh.

But Paris, wow. Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Godiva, loved that pic :)

I have also been out of the country with the WRONG laptop charger. I spent 1 entire day once running around trying to find power. And spent the equivalent of like $125 on a power cord. It was crazy but had to happen. Hope yours is easier and cheaper than mine was.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!

Kimberley September 17, 2010

Sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! Have a BLAST! Please, for me, sit at an outdoor cafe and have some amazing wine… (I’d do cheese and fruit and bread too)! I’m looking to take my kids soon so I’d love to hear about safety issues/whatever… We are great in NYC but I’d love to know if it compares to Paris!! :) Have SO much fun!

Jessica @ How Sweet September 17, 2010

OH em gee… I am so envious! beautiful!

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 17, 2010

let’s see, could i BE more jealous?

no, i don’t think i could :)

i can’t wait to explore paris with you through le blog :)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 17, 2010

So jealous. Have so much fun!

Leah @ Why Deprive? September 17, 2010

Those pictures are amazing!! I especially love the shoes. :)

I hope you get the laptop situation figured out! I thought all 3 prong plugs were the same?

stacey-healthylife September 17, 2010

If you can’t find a back up plug, just sit back, relax, and enjoy your trip. The blog world will wait.

Wei-Wei September 17, 2010

I’m SO jealous right now! Ahhhh!

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats September 17, 2010

Yay Paris – great pictures :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 17, 2010

Great pictures!! What fun :D

Dana September 17, 2010

So happy you are in Paris. I have always wanted to go there. I will live vicariously through you.
Have fun!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut September 17, 2010

I have travel envy right now :) Paris look so glamorous. I get it from all the movies I’ve seen that featured Paris.

Coco September 17, 2010

Oh my goodness. I went to Paris in May 2009 and it was the best experience of my life. I am so jealous of you right now. Please enjoy!!!

Amanda September 17, 2010

Try Monoprix(http://www.monoprix.fr/) or Darty (http://www.darty.com/) for an adaptor!! :) I was in Monoprix the other day and I know they have them! Or at least did! But make sure you go to the clothing/pharmacy Monoprix, not the grocery store, they are the same company but have 1 store for groceries and one for clothing, housewares, shampoo, electronic stuff etc. ha ha! And Darty is a big electronics and appliances store! They are all over the city! Went to Darty today and actually bought a mini blender + food processor so I can make some GM’s!!! :)
Hope your having a great time!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 17, 2010

Yay for Paris! Have the BEST time!!!!

Tina September 17, 2010

Oh how I hope you find a converter that will work. I love hearing your experiences. And how great you were able to communicate your needs to the waiter. I’m sure that will come in very handy while over there. Although I know you’re not stressing over it either. :)

Lisa September 17, 2010

Oh wow! I love the photos! Paris looks amazing. I would love to go some day. Mostly to eat the food and drink the wine. ;)

Camille September 17, 2010

Oh my goodness! The food! The sights! The hotel!
I am pretty darn jealous :)

Lauren M. September 17, 2010

I ALWAYS jump on the beds in my hotel room. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 17, 2010

So glad you made it!!! Have a ball, Angela!!

carri z. September 17, 2010

such GORGEOUS PICS!

have such a wonderful time
with your mama and sis.
will be a beautiful adventure
you 3 will never forget!!

love it!!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 17, 2010

I’ve been anticipating your first Paris post! Glad you arrived safetly. Can’t wait to read about what you do next. :-)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 17, 2010

Oh, Paris! is right!! Such a beautiful city, I can’t wait to read your posts!! I was talking about veganism in a French class recently and “vegan” translates to “vegetarienne stricte” for the most part- though you still might want to clarify, there aren’t many vegans in France ;) ENJOY!!

Page 1 of 3123»