Oh Paris!

Good morning/afternoon/evening…I don’t even know at this point! ;)

What I do know is that we are finally here in Paris after a long and turbulent journey.

20100917-IMG_7256

We did not sleep a WINK on the red-eye. Must be in our genes. I think everyone on the plane but us were sleeping happily. ;)

20100917-IMG_7240

20100917-IMG_7215

Gorgeous!

20100917-IMG_7214

We made it to our hotel!

20100917-IMG_7245

and we were told our room wasn’t ready, so we dropped our bags and headed out to find a cafe. At this point, it was 7am my time (EST) and 5am my mom and sister’s time. We were all kinds of mixed up. We just wanted our beds to sleep in.

Oh this was needed.

20100917-IMG_7228

The first food that touched my lips was a delicious plain white roll dipped in balsamic and oil.

20100917-IMG_7226

Mom hand modeled for me.

20100917-IMG_7230

I made use of some French and I told the waiter that I was a vegan and he said…’WHO?’

So freaking funny. He was serious too.

Then I said, ‘Je ne mange pas de produits laitiers, d’oeufs, de buerre et de viande. Je suis vegetalienne. Que me recommandez-vous?’

It translates to ‘I don’t eat milk products, eggs, butter, or meat. I am a vegan. What do you recommend?’

It all became clear to our waiter and he was more than happy to come up with something and he was super nice about it all.

20100917-IMG_7232

I was brought an avocado, tomato, walnut, grapefruit, and cucumber mixed green salad with some type of dressing that I didn’t care for too much and ate around. I could have cared for something more substantial, but it was what I was working with at the time and knew I had more food in my suitcase if need be.

20100917-IMG_7233

My sister’s salad that she said was really good- it had goat cheese, egg, etc.

20100917-IMG_7234

Mom had a ham and cheese sandwich.

Then we explored…

20100917-IMG_7249 20100917-IMG_7250

20100917-IMG_7254

20100917-IMG_7257

20100917-IMG_7258-2 20100917-IMG_7259 20100917-IMG_7260

20100917-IMG_7265 20100917-IMG_7266

20100917-IMG_7268 20100917-IMG_7269

Finally our room was ready!!

20100917-IMG_7277 20100917-IMG_7282

My mom has a joining room and my sister and I are sharing this bed.

20100917-IMG_7281

Oh bed you look too perfect. Let us jump on you.

20100917-IMG_7290

20100917-IMG_7292

Then we crashed hard and slept for 2.5 lovely and blissful hours. We could have slept all day, but we wanted to be able to sleep tonight!

20100917-IMG_7301

Now we are going to shower, clean ourselves up, and then try and find a place for dinner!

There is one small problem with my laptop- the 3 prong plug I have does not fit into the converters that we brought. Eric and I tested a 3 prong plug before I left, but then I decided to take a different laptop that has a different 3-prong plug (it has a round bottom part and not rectangular), and apparently it won’t fit! I didn’t even realize it was different and even so, I still can’t understand why it won’t fit as I thought all 3 prongs were standard size. Hopefully I can find something! :) I only have 1 hour and 30 mins of laptop battery left… ;)

1 LeanneRBF September 17, 2010

The pictures of the chandelliers & high heels are fantastic! How long are you in Paris for?

2 Nicole @ yuppie yogini September 17, 2010

How exciting!! Your pictures ate do beautiful. I love how you explained vegan…I’m surprised a waiter in Paris doesn’t know what that means. So excited to follow you on your trip!

3 Liz O September 17, 2010

Have a fabulous time! My husband and I just returned from a blissful 10 days in Paris. Great time of year to visit, the weather is amazing!! We also lived in Paris for 18 months for his job a few years back. If you’re looking for things to do, the english led walking tours on paris-walks.com are great!

4 jacqueline s. September 17, 2010

Hi Liz,

Do you (or your husband) have any tips for getting a job in Paris? My husband and I are interested in moving to London or Paris next summer (for a few years if possible). I’m in public health and he’s in IT.

Thanks!

5 Liz O September 18, 2010

No, sorry! My husband was doing an assignment with a U.S. based company. I was only able to obtain a non-working Visa (I’m a CPA) during our stay. The French are very protective of their work force. My best guess would be possibly to teach English and/or check out the U.S. Embassy website for other ideas (?) Good luck to you!

6 jamie @ jamelafamela September 17, 2010

wow looks great already! you have a talent for photography! have fun :)

7 HeatherD September 17, 2010

*waves from Germany*
have fun!!! :-) hopefully the hotel can help you find a good adaptor… I’m sure they’ve dealt with this issue before!! enjoy Paris. I <3 Europe.

8 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 17, 2010

Gorgeous pics and welcome to Europe!!! You’ll have an amazing time :)

9 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 17, 2010

I hope you get the laptop cord figured out! What a hassle.

I love all of your pics so far — the architecture in Europe is so beautiful! You don’t see many buildings like that around here! Enjoy your trip!

10 edan September 17, 2010

Pictures are gorgeous. My husband surprised me with a week in Paris for our 1st wedding anniversary, and we had an unbelievable time.
Although…the idea of going to Paris only to have garden salads and water makes me kind of sad. I hope you get some more imaginative meals! Croissants, duck confit and steak frites are just about my favourite things du monde!! (In which I indulged with gusto…I mean, how often are you in Paris, n’est pas??)

11 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 17, 2010

Oh my!! I would die to be able to go to Paris! I would definitely need to take a french class though, I only took 3 years in high school and haven’t used it since!

When I was little I wanted to be an artist and live in France. :)

12 Marina September 17, 2010

Have a great time in Paris!
It’s seems like you’ll really have a lot of fun with your sister and your mom :)
Enjoy!

13 Kristina @ spabettie September 17, 2010

oooh, so beautiful ! :) enjoy every moment!!

14 MJ September 17, 2010

Lovely pictures. Sorry to hear none of you could sleep on the flight, but glad you arrived safely. Hope you can find some vegan resturaunts. Enjoy your trip!

15 Jenny September 17, 2010

I can’t believe you’re in paris!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

16 Stacy September 17, 2010

Yay you made it! Pictures look beautiful! Those shoes look awesome, that ginormous bottle of perfume is great. Can you imagine having that much perfume? You would have enough for a lifetime :) I love how in your hotel room the bedskirt is silky satin paired with matte sheets. I think it looks elegant :) I also like the bright purple paired with the white.
Get some sleep lady, you have to be exhausted and majorly jet lagged.

17 Erica September 17, 2010

Have a wonderful time in Paris! I am living vicariously through your photos ;)

18 Noelle September 17, 2010

Fabulous! Can’t wait to hear all about your adventures, your hotel is beautiful!

19 MJ September 17, 2010

I did a quick google search for you and if you go to this link: http://goparis.about.com/od/foodanddining/tp/Paris_vegetaria.htm it lists the top 10 Vegetarian restaurants in Paris.

20 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 17, 2010

“We did not sleep a WINK on the red-eye. Must be in our genes. I think everyone on the plane but us were sleeping happily.”–

No, you’re not the only ones. Those of us with small children who have to take red eyes, our kids keep us awake. And just about the time the child drifts off, and I may catch a minute of zzz time, the dang drink cart or pilot announcement comes on and wakes us up…ugh.

But Paris, wow. Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Godiva, loved that pic :)

I have also been out of the country with the WRONG laptop charger. I spent 1 entire day once running around trying to find power. And spent the equivalent of like $125 on a power cord. It was crazy but had to happen. Hope yours is easier and cheaper than mine was.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!

21 Kimberley September 17, 2010

Sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! Have a BLAST! Please, for me, sit at an outdoor cafe and have some amazing wine… (I’d do cheese and fruit and bread too)! I’m looking to take my kids soon so I’d love to hear about safety issues/whatever… We are great in NYC but I’d love to know if it compares to Paris!! :) Have SO much fun!

22 Jessica @ How Sweet September 17, 2010

OH em gee… I am so envious! beautiful!

23 Heather (Heather's Dish) September 17, 2010

let’s see, could i BE more jealous?

no, i don’t think i could :)

i can’t wait to explore paris with you through le blog :)

24 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 17, 2010

So jealous. Have so much fun!

25 Leah @ Why Deprive? September 17, 2010

Those pictures are amazing!! I especially love the shoes. :)

I hope you get the laptop situation figured out! I thought all 3 prong plugs were the same?

26 stacey-healthylife September 17, 2010

If you can’t find a back up plug, just sit back, relax, and enjoy your trip. The blog world will wait.

27 Wei-Wei September 17, 2010

I’m SO jealous right now! Ahhhh!

28 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats September 17, 2010

Yay Paris – great pictures :)

29 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 17, 2010

Great pictures!! What fun :D

30 Dana September 17, 2010

So happy you are in Paris. I have always wanted to go there. I will live vicariously through you.
Have fun!

31 Lea @ Healthy Coconut September 17, 2010

I have travel envy right now :) Paris look so glamorous. I get it from all the movies I’ve seen that featured Paris.

32 Coco September 17, 2010

Oh my goodness. I went to Paris in May 2009 and it was the best experience of my life. I am so jealous of you right now. Please enjoy!!!

33 Amanda September 17, 2010

Try Monoprix(http://www.monoprix.fr/) or Darty (http://www.darty.com/) for an adaptor!! :) I was in Monoprix the other day and I know they have them! Or at least did! But make sure you go to the clothing/pharmacy Monoprix, not the grocery store, they are the same company but have 1 store for groceries and one for clothing, housewares, shampoo, electronic stuff etc. ha ha! And Darty is a big electronics and appliances store! They are all over the city! Went to Darty today and actually bought a mini blender + food processor so I can make some GM’s!!! :)
Hope your having a great time!!

34 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 17, 2010

Yay for Paris! Have the BEST time!!!!

35 Tina September 17, 2010

Oh how I hope you find a converter that will work. I love hearing your experiences. And how great you were able to communicate your needs to the waiter. I’m sure that will come in very handy while over there. Although I know you’re not stressing over it either. :)

36 Lisa September 17, 2010

Oh wow! I love the photos! Paris looks amazing. I would love to go some day. Mostly to eat the food and drink the wine. ;)

37 Camille September 17, 2010

Oh my goodness! The food! The sights! The hotel!
I am pretty darn jealous :)

38 Lauren M. September 17, 2010

I ALWAYS jump on the beds in my hotel room. :)

39 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 17, 2010

So glad you made it!!! Have a ball, Angela!!

40 carri z. September 17, 2010

such GORGEOUS PICS!

have such a wonderful time
with your mama and sis.
will be a beautiful adventure
you 3 will never forget!!

love it!!

41 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 17, 2010

I’ve been anticipating your first Paris post! Glad you arrived safetly. Can’t wait to read about what you do next. :-)

42 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 17, 2010

Oh, Paris! is right!! Such a beautiful city, I can’t wait to read your posts!! I was talking about veganism in a French class recently and “vegan” translates to “vegetarienne stricte” for the most part- though you still might want to clarify, there aren’t many vegans in France ;) ENJOY!!

43 Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA September 17, 2010

Ahh, Paris! It’s so beautiful and perfect. I can’t wait to hear about your whole trip!!

And good French, too! =)

44 Erin September 17, 2010

Oh Paris… what more needs to be said?! Enjoy your time in that incredible city. Sigh, you’re making me want to go back like right now!! :D

45 Wendy @ Seriously Sassy September 17, 2010

AHHHHHHH PARIS!!! Soooo jealous!! What GORGEOUS pictures. Have a wonderful time!!!

46 Katie September 17, 2010

Oh, how I miss Paris! I’ve only been there once, but I’m kind of in love. Have a blast! Hope you can figure out the laptop issue.

47 Lauren @ Raw Is Sexy September 17, 2010

I MISS PARIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Oh my. Enjoy it…enjoy every minute of it. France is a whole different beautiful amazing world.

I cried at the airport when I left :(

48 Bridget September 17, 2010

I went to France way back in 1997. It was one of the best vacations I’ve been on! Such a beautiful country.

Omg I literally lol’d at that picture of you jumping on the bed! Too cute :)

49 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 17, 2010

I am never able to sleep on planes… or cars. I hate that. When I flew to Scottland with my Dad neither of us slept a wink on that 13 hour flight. I was DYING by the end. And just like your flight, everyone was sleeping around me?! I was so jealous.

You already have such beautiful pictues and all you’ve dont is have a salad and get to your hotel. Girl, you’ve got skillz! ;)

50 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 17, 2010

LOVE your bed jumping photos! That’s exactly what I’d be doing too if I were there. The travel plug I have has a whole bunch of plugs in one – you sort of push down whatever buttons you need, which have the different prongs attached. It’s about the size of 1/2 a can of soup but it definitely does the trick! I think I picked it up in Heathrow airport but I’m sure you could find something similar if there are any electronics shops there…. good luck! I hope you can find something because I can’t wait to see more photos! :)

51 JL Goes Vegan September 17, 2010

Enjoy!!! What a wonderful adventure! Beautiful pics already!

52 Jess @ atasteofconfidence September 17, 2010

Paris looks beautiful! Have fun! I hope I get to see more pics :)

53 Mini @ Wedding Accessories by Mini's Work September 17, 2010

These pictures bring back wonderful memories of my own trip to Paris many years ago! Go to as many cafes as you can! Enjoy! :)

54 Sarah September 17, 2010

If you are looking for a super vegan friendly restaurant, try out one of these (below), they are vegetarian but have lots of vegan options. I was just there in July and had a fabulous meal at Le Potager du Marais.

Potager du Marais

Tien Hiang — recommended by friends but I didn’t try it myself (closed the day we were there)

55 Jill September 17, 2010

I hate overnight flights! I think I have restless leg syndrome and I get fidgety. So jealous of all those peacefully sleeping people!
Have a wonderful time in Paris!

56 Devon September 17, 2010

When I was a college student I did a study abroad in Paris and I lived right in the area where you are. LOVE that area!! Have a fantastic time!!

57 Emily September 17, 2010

Make sure you also have the correct voltage converter! Power in Europe is almost double the voltage as compared to US or Canada. Most laptop power cords have a voltage converter so you might just need the physical converter. You don’t want to plug in your laptop and fry it!

Good luck finding vegetarian menus in Paris! That spread looks yummy.

58 Amber K September 17, 2010

Your pictures making Paris look so beautiful! When I was there, I was shocked by how dirty it was. Definitely not used to seeing so much garbage all over the streets. Luckily my next stop was Champery, Switzerland and it has to be the cleanest place I have ever seen!

59 Kelly September 17, 2010

Love all the pics! It bring me back to my recent Paris trip! You could try asking the concierge at the hotel if there is anything you could borrow or anywhere he/she could recommend to get the right kind of plug. When I was in Paris the owner of the hotel I stayed at lent us an adapter to charge our cameras because we had the same problem!

60 Lorinda September 17, 2010

I’m literally whimpering and sighing as I browse your pictures of Paris. My favourite city anywhere! Thanks for the kick in the pants to get my butt back there! Have a fabulous time!

61 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 17, 2010

These pictures are just beautiful!!!! I am so excited that you are in Paris because all of us get to hear about it :D So…yes, I am living vicariously through you. lol Looking forward to more on your adventures!!

62 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition September 17, 2010

J’adore tout de votre photos! I love all things french and cannot wait to read all about your trip! I was in Paris over the summer and I absolutely love it there. There is never a dull moment to be had, so enjoy your time! :)

63 Jil @ Peace, Locve & Munchies September 17, 2010

Ohhh – your pictures make me loooong to go back! Ahh…so jealous!! :-D

64 erica September 17, 2010

how insanely jealous am i right now?!?! i love all the pictures and you only just got there! that hallway w/the chandeliers. i’m a sucker for chandeliers!!!!

65 jenna September 17, 2010

i have such a giddy feeling inside looking at your pix and your food pix. :) i can only imagine how excited you are!!

66 traci September 17, 2010

I am so jealous. Paris is a dream of mine. Have fun!

67 Lisa September 17, 2010

Oh it looks beautiful there, have a wonderful and safe trip.

68 Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear September 17, 2010

Have a lovely trip! Paris is breathtaking and the food is out of this world :)

69 Jess September 17, 2010

I never sleep on red-eyes either! I wish I could…Sounds like you’ve got a great trip ahead of you! I loved Paris and can’t wait to go back.

70 TheHealthyapron September 17, 2010

What a fantastical trip! I really want to go to paris someday! I think it would be amazing! have so much fun!!

71 Lizzie September 17, 2010

I had to giggle at the photo with the Ugg Boots sign in – we’re everywhere!! :) You’re making me miss Paris SO much – enjoy!!

72 Jacqueline s. September 17, 2010

Enjoy your trip!

73 Halley (Blunder Construction) September 17, 2010

I can’t wait to see more photos from the trip! Bon voyage!

74 Liz Wicks September 17, 2010

You MUST go to the Palace of Versailles. Must Must Must. It was my absolute favourite thing about Paris. Take the train. It’s an adventure. And GORGEOUS.

The day we went, we got back to the hotel room and on one of the two TV channels with English programming (!) they were showing the movie with Kirsten Dunst as Marie Anionette. It was too cool to see Marie walking the same gardens we had explored earlier that day.

And the artists are right – No where has light quite the same as PARIS.

Oh – And climb the stairs at the Effile Tower – Now THAT will get your “glow” on!!!

75 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 17, 2010

You pictures are gorgeous and bring back such memories. Paris is beautiful!

I hope you can get your prong thing fixed. It would be so frustrating without an adapter.

76 Little Bookworm September 17, 2010

Lovely photos, sounds like you are having a great time in Paris so far. As Freya said, welcome to Europe. :D

77 Ni September 17, 2010

I was just in Paris a couple of weeks ago! It’s magical! Have a great vacation!!!

78 Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey September 17, 2010

Eek, so beautiful!! Your hotel is awesome. Have a great time in Paris. :)

79 Kate September 17, 2010

Ohhh wow, jealous to the max! Any one of those photos could be a postcard. Love the one of the shoes. I’ve never been to Paris but it’s definitely a dream of mine. I imagine trying to find vegan/vegetarian options would be somewhat of a challenge when traveling abroad…. I’ve only been to the Caribbean islands and Mexico in my travels, where there are plenty of English speakers, so it hasn’t been too much of a problem for me.

80 Melissa September 17, 2010

Oh I can’t wait to hear about all your adventures! Have a fabulous time!

81 Emily September 17, 2010

Sooo excited for your first Paris post! Love that the french waiter struggled with “vegan” at first…that sentence will be a French-phrase you will be uttering a LOT on your trip :) Food and photos look gorgeous. Definitely know how you feel about the lack of sleep, I took a red-eye to Rome a few years ago, awake the entire time, arrived and it was morning and we were taking a walking tour of the city!! You will crash, and crash hard tonight, and the flight hope will probably be a sleep-fest too! Enjoy!!!!

82 Julia September 17, 2010

hi,i´m from germany and i love reading your blog, it is so inspiring and you have such a positive charisma. and now you aure in “my” time zone and i dont have to read dinnerposts in the morning haha :-)
i´m a vegetarian and i tried some of your recipes and the idea of overnights oats was just what i needed (i love them and eat them every morning…in case i dont forget to prepare them in the evening…)
i hope my englisch isnt too bad und i wish you a wonderful time in paris!!

83 Katherine September 17, 2010

I want to go back to Pairs so badly now! I love the updates. Have so much fun and I cannot wait for more!

84 Exercise and Eat September 17, 2010

It all looks so glamourous! Have SO much fun!

85 Caitlin Lavagnino (EatFeats) September 17, 2010

Yay Paris! My mom has told me many a funny story about Europeans misinterpreting the words “vegetarian” and “vegan.” For example, one of her coworkers was once in France, and he told the waiter that he was a vegetarian. The waiter said it was no problem, and then brought out a chicken dish. Apparently, he thought vegetarian meant no RED meat. I’m glad your waiter was able to accommodate you more easily!

86 Andrea September 17, 2010

Beautiful pictures! I just love Paris- so jealous that you’re off traveling! :) Hope you have a splendid time!

87 Laura @ Backstage Pass September 17, 2010

What gorgeous photos. Have a wonderful time today! Can’t wait to read about your adventures – a Paris :-)

88 Kacie@Nonexistentcolors September 17, 2010

Okay… IN LOVE WITH THE HELLS!!!! Seriously!! Have a blast in Paris!!! Very exciting!

89 Cara Craves... September 17, 2010

Beautiful!
I love the architecture.
Paris is still on my to-do list.
Enjoy every bit of it.

90 Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 17, 2010

Pics are fab!

I am so glad that I don’t have any food sensitivities….I’d die in a foreign country….point, nod and smile methods don’t work when trying to explain what I’m willing to eat!

91 Dorry September 17, 2010

I’m in Paris, too! We just took the train from London this afternoon. :) My dear friend, Kristina (aka Spabettie) let me know you were here, too. I hope you are having a blast! It’s such a beautiful city and I can’t wait to explore tomorrow. xo

92 Taylor Rickrode September 17, 2010

So funny….I was just in Paris last week and my husband and I took a red-eye from California, and I DID NOT sleep a wink either!! Felt like a zombie!! Have so much fun, it was GORGEOUS weather when we were there.

93 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 17, 2010

Love it love it love it!! It’s so gorgeous! Gotta admit I’m a teennny bit jealous :)

94 Annie@stronghealthyfit September 17, 2010

Paris looks so gorgeous and I’m glad you all got there safely! Bummer about the plugs! When I was in Europe a few months ago we were staying in a relative’s apartment and he had converters there so we were lucky. Have fun!

95 Allison September 17, 2010

ahhh so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah foreign plugs stink!! When i lived in Argentina i had to get a converter that only had 2 round prongs. Plug designs annoyingly vary by country:/ Im sure that you will be able to find an electronics shop that carries them. It will be much cheaper to look for a large place rather then an overpriced spot catered to tourists

96 maria @ Chasing the Now September 17, 2010

I can’t imagine being in Paris and not enjoying some good cheese and crackers! :) Hope finding good vegan food isn’t a problem for you. I am loving all the photos!

97 rachel September 17, 2010

have a great time! i am so jealous you get to see paris :)

98 Danielle September 17, 2010

Thanks for bringing us along on your trip! We all get a vacation now :)

Whoa – that’s a long day w/no sleep! I don’t think I would be able to sleep on a plane either.

99 Laura @ Starloz September 17, 2010

i’d be useless in paris, french is a tough language

100 marie @ quarterlife quandary September 17, 2010

ughhh I’m SO jealous! I was supposed to go to Paris back in April and the stupid volcano in Iceland cancelled our entire trip! but I have promised myself to get back there this spring! enjoy!!!!!

101 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 17, 2010

GORGEOUS!! You are so lucky!
I can’t sleep on flights either… stinks!

102 kari September 17, 2010

Angela, im so happy for you that you and your family arrived in paris safely. Have a fun trip and tasting the delicious food.

103 Anne September 17, 2010

Loooooovely pictures!! I’m so jealous!! ;)
Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!

104 Cynthia September 17, 2010

You are so lucky to be in Paris! I went there on my honeymoon a couple years ago and it’s beautiful. Have a wonderful trip.

105 Sana September 17, 2010

AHHH! I am so happy you made it safe and sound! I did not sleep at all on my flight over either!
I am not sure how you are going to travel and blog at the same time! I was too tired to even touch my computer!

106 Mary Heppenstall September 17, 2010

I’m going abroad this Spring for a semester in Pairs and am vegetarian so I am curious to see what kinds of foods you will be ordering while you are there…keep us posted! :)

107 Andrew Lowry September 17, 2010

It looks like you are staying in the same hotel that we stayed in when we visited Paris in October ’09. Expensive place (thank goodness for points I could cash in) but beautiful, great service and an excellent location. Enjoy walking in the park across the street, just watch the busy traffic. You are about 4 km from an okay vegan restaurant. Tomorrow I will look it up in my guide book. We walked down to it our second night but otherwise dined at the various cafes. Since my wife is lacto-ova vegetarian she could readily find good choices. Too bad you don’t eat dairy as the ice cream in Paris is great (our Daughter got ice cream with her children’s meal and we always had some as it was so good – real vanilla bean).
Enjoy the City of Lights. We did.

108 thefruitpersuit (Sabine) September 18, 2010

You’re on my time now :D

109 Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun September 18, 2010

Paris looks like a beautiful city. I hope you enjoy yourselves there! :-)

110 TorontoGirlWest September 18, 2010

I lived in Paris when I was 22 and I could have shed a tear reading your blog post.

Just a glimpse of the architecture took me back. For me, Paris will always be the city where I spread my wings for the first time. It’s been too long since I saw those streets.

I have a feeling tonight I’ll dream of Paris.

111 Monique@She's Going The Distance September 19, 2010

Aweeesssooommmmeee!! Paris me manque :) ça fait trop longtemps que j’y suis allée!

112 Marathon Bound Gal aka Grace September 20, 2010

Wow, looks like fun!!! Ahhhhh Paris! Bon Appetit!

113 Andi April 14, 2012

what hotel is this? I am going next month and loved looking at the bfest pics~!