Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on September 8, 2010

Good Mmm-orning!

Goodness gracious it is Wednesday already. Short week!

Behold, the breakfast pizza.

20100907-IMG_2653

Do you ever think of a recipe idea and find yourself racing to the kitchen to make it as soon as possible?

That was me last night.

I was looking at my PB & J Glo Bites and Pumpkin Spiced Glo Bites recipes and the idea of making a breakfast pizza suddenly struck me. Not just any pizza though, a peanut butter, jam, and banana breakfast pizza!

If it worked, I knew I would have a fun recipe to share with you that would be delicious, kid-friendly, and fun to throw together on the weekend.

And who doesn’t love leftover pizza for a quick weekday breakfast now and then? ;)

20100907-IMG_2651

Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:

• 2 cups whole grain spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance buttery spread, warmed
  • 1/4 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar might work)
  • 1 large banana, sliced
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk (adapted from 1/4 cup which was an error)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3/4 cup jam
  • 1/3-1/2 cup peanut butter
  • Cacao Nibs (optional)
  • Coconut, to garnish (optional)

Directions: Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a pie pan. In a large bowl mix together the spelt flour, salt, sucanat, and cinnamon. Now pour in milk and warmed Earth Balance. Mix. Take batter and spread evenly with fingers into the pie pan. Now grab your jam and spread over the crust mixture. Add sliced banana and optional cacao nibs. Pop into the oven for 25 minutes at 400F. Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Pipe on peanut butter, slice and serve. You can also chill it and serve it cold or try popping it in the freezer for a cold treat (just let it defrost for about 5 minutes first)!

Note: This pizza is very sweet! If you want to make a lighter pizza, you can experiment with using less jam and peanut butter. The amounts above are just a guideline.

20100907-IMG_2639

First, make your protein-packed 100% whole grain spelt crust! The dough tastes like a healthy sugar cookie. :) Yummers.

Squish the dough all in there with your fingers. Don’t worry it doesn’t have to be perfect!

20100907-IMG_2640

Now take your jam…you could have fun experimenting with different flavours of jam.

20100907-IMG_2641

And spread it all around…(it helps if you let it sit at room temperature to soften!)

20100907-IMG_2642

Cover with bananas and optional cacao nibs…or if you are feeling crazy, chocolate chips.

20100907-IMG_2644

And bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 15 minutes.

Now place peanut butter in a baggie, trim a small hole in the corner, and ‘pipe’ onto the pie.

20100907-IMG_2648

Oh yes.

20100907-IMG_2645

This is magical.

20100907-IMG_2647

Serve warm, chilled in the fridge, OR frozen like a DQ Treatzza Pizza!

20100907-IMG_2652

I tried it hot, warm, chilled, and frozen and my favourite way to eat it was chilled straight from the fridge! Just like leftover pizza. :)

20100907-IMG_2656

Have fun trying out different kinds of nut butters too. You could even make a nut-free version using sunflower seed butter. I really want to try this with Barney Butter but we don’t have it in Canada. It is probably for the best. The last time I had some Eric kept asking me if I wanted any toast with my Barney Butter. ;) Who needs toast when you have Barney Butter?

You could also try making a FRUIT pizza and loading it with all kinds of sliced fruit…how delicious would that be? I’m thinking mangoes, banana, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.

20100907-IMG_2655

I also want to say a huge THANK YOU for your support with the Tastespotting Portabella Playoff Challenge! My Stuffed Pizza recipe took home gold. Thanks everyone! :)

Jessica @ How Sweet September 8, 2010 at 8:00 am

Oh my dear… breakfast pizza! YUM!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 8, 2010 at 8:05 am

This looks so good. I’ve made breakfast pizza before on a flat wrap, but never with a thick crust. Since I’m a big pb&j fan I think I’d love this.

Christine September 8, 2010 at 8:06 am

Pizza for breakfast?! Like college only miles better!

Congrats on the win!

Darci September 8, 2010 at 8:08 am

MMMM…the PB&J pizza looks AMAZING!!! Might have to try that out!! :)

I just got my degrees framed as well…only took 4 years since I rec’d it in the mail! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 8, 2010 at 8:13 am

haha same here…I’ve had my undergrad degree in the pouch for 4-5 yrs now and the grad degree for 2. ;)

Julie @SavvyEats September 8, 2010 at 8:08 am

You are so creative, dear. Love it!

VeggieGirl September 8, 2010 at 8:11 am

The EPITOME of “holy yum.”

Bella (Stilettos on the Streetcar) September 8, 2010 at 8:11 am

Wow.

Emma September 8, 2010 at 8:11 am

That looks so yummy- I love how it even loooks like regular pizza- jam for the tomato sauce, pb for the cheesee..perhaps the banana can be the pepperoni :) Must try.
And yay for finishing with studying, lovely to have the certificates up.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 8, 2010 at 8:12 am

I don’t know how many times I can say this, but you are brilliant!! You should write a cookbook with all of your inventive breakfast ideas!!

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) September 8, 2010 at 8:13 am

I was so not expecting that to look like what it did…. there was major drooling on my end. You really are a creative, culinary genius. :)

ps. there’s a 5k race this weekend in Yorkville. The race organizers are claiming there may be celebrities around since TIFF is happening this weekend too. It’s supposed to be fast, flat, and a great course to set a PR – but it’s kind of pricey. Just thought I’d like you know in case you were interested! :)

Kath September 8, 2010 at 8:17 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Brilliant pizza. Want to make this ASAP!!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans September 8, 2010 at 8:17 am

What a great idea! I actually thought of pizza for breakfast the other day when I saw a pizza challenge on anotehr blog. I bet this one would win!

Megan September 8, 2010 at 8:18 am

Hey Angela! I’m just curious – how did you declare a focus in health, eating disorders, and nutrition? Was it an official focus or just courses that you took? Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 8, 2010 at 8:30 am

It wasn’t an option to make it an official focus at that time, but I took electives in Health Psychology courses whenever possible and also focused some of my research in that area. I was a teaching assistant in Health Psychology and a RA.

Gillian Young September 8, 2010 at 8:18 am

Marry me?

Leanne @ Radiant, Balanced & Fit September 8, 2010 at 8:18 am

By “My Stuffed Pizza recipe took home gold” did you mean your stuffed mushroom recipe took home gold? I think you have pizza on the brain haha!!

Leanne @ Radiant, Balanced & Fit September 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

Oops! I see that you in fact did make a stuffed portabella pizza… my bad! I just thought you got so caught up in the fun pizza business this morning that you mistyped the name of your mushroom recipe! LOL!

Lindsay September 8, 2010 at 8:19 am

Yum!! Too bad I can’t keep nut butter in the house…haven’t mastered the self-control around them yet! :)

Tina September 8, 2010 at 8:19 am

You have officially outdone yourself with this one! I can already tell you that my little M will thank you for this one. :D And so will I!!!

Rhea (Greek Feaster) September 8, 2010 at 8:19 am

PURE GENIUS!

kristy @ kristyruns.com September 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

Angela…wow. You come up with the best ideas! Another one of your creations for me to attempt! :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

My Diploma is HUGE yous looks so small!

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair September 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

That is amazing and possibly one of the most delicious things I’ve ever seen!!!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) September 8, 2010 at 8:22 am

A fruity breakfast pizza? Love it!!!

Andrea September 8, 2010 at 8:23 am

You had me at peanut butter… now THIS is pizza I could eat for breakfast! :)

Kristie September 8, 2010 at 8:23 am

OMG. That looks completely incredible. Picture perfect. Genius. If I didn’t have overnight oats waiting in the fridge I’d be running to make that right now. Perhaps tomorrow…3 meal pizza day?! I fully support some form of pizza being eaten for every meal. :)

Nicole September 8, 2010 at 8:23 am

GAH! This looks so good and i’m at work and I can’t make it right this second. But now I am officially STARVING!!!! Wow, you’re a genius.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) September 8, 2010 at 8:24 am

AHH looks so delicious!!! I love how dense and buttery the crust looks!

Wei-Wei September 8, 2010 at 8:29 am

You have just revolutionised the word of breakfast. My deepest admiration to you, my dear.

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 8, 2010 at 8:29 am

Wow, you are full of great recipes lately. I love the looks of the healthy spelt crust! I tested your frosty glo cakes and raw date and seed cookies this weekend. Both successes!

Jaya September 8, 2010 at 8:30 am

Angela, you are so creative! I love that pizza idea! It is so darling!
I have yet to get degrees into frames. My lover and I have 5 (soon to be 6) between us, so it’s a matter of one whole wall! We each have 2 undergrads (poli sci then sociology/biochemistry then geology) and now I’m going to add my MA in Sociology to his MSc in Geology. But I think we’ve established that #7 (a PhD) is all up to me!

Maria @ Kale and Cupcakes September 8, 2010 at 8:32 am

LOVE the creative recipes you come up with!!! This breakfast pizza is on my list to make.

April @ Crazy Fabulous Life September 8, 2010 at 8:33 am

Awesome idea!

Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge September 8, 2010 at 8:43 am

Wow! Love the pizza idea! Who knew breakfast could be so fun! And congrats on the gold mushroom! :-)

Brittany September 8, 2010 at 8:44 am

Oh wow. This looks amazing. I love pizza straight from the fridge. :)

Hollie September 8, 2010 at 8:45 am

This is brilliant. My little boy will totally eat this (he loves vegan pizza). I’ll have to try it this weekend!

The Peanut Butter Addict September 8, 2010 at 8:47 am

Whoaa..I have to try this ASAP! I love new ways to eat PB :D Also, good idea with piping it on!

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self September 8, 2010 at 8:47 am

This looks beyond amazing. I love sweet breakfasts, and the whole pizza thing just puts it over the top! :)

Allison @ Food For Healing September 8, 2010 at 8:50 am

oh YUM, that is definitely a must try!

Ashlee September 8, 2010 at 8:52 am

Peanut Butter & Jelly is my favorite thing ever so I will definitely need to try this pizza out soon!! I am a newer reader to your blog but I love it!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 8, 2010 at 8:52 am

Congrats on your mushroom win!

That pizza looks amazing. I will definitely need to make that! Maybe I’ll try adding more fruits — some strawberries and a sprinkle of nuts or something. Thanks for the idea!

Lisa @ I'm an Okie September 8, 2010 at 8:55 am

WOW–that does look great! thats the way to start the day!

Marie September 8, 2010 at 8:55 am

Yesssssssss

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 8, 2010 at 8:58 am

OMG that looks soooo good! Makes me want to have breakfast all over again this morning! :)

Shannon, Tropical Eats September 8, 2010 at 9:03 am

YOU ARE A GENIUS. must. have. bfast pizza. now. :)

Jen September 8, 2010 at 9:04 am

I just did the same thing this morning but with pita bread and honey. Have you tried honey, PB and banana? MmmMMmmMMmmm

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats September 8, 2010 at 9:06 am

fun! i could totally see kids loving this too!!

Liza (Health Nutting) September 8, 2010 at 9:08 am

So creative always! :) Looks scrumptious!

Shanna, Like Banana September 8, 2010 at 9:13 am

Heavenly lookin’ pizza! That would be a big hit at a brunch :)

Cherie September 8, 2010 at 9:15 am

Angela, I’m currently working on a graduate degree in Human Services with a focus in health and wellness. I’m still trying to decide what to do with it and am inspired by all that you’ve been doing since receiving your degrees. I love your blog and your great recipes!

Chelsea September 8, 2010 at 9:21 am

Oh my gosh, looks great! Best combo of flavours!

I just want to make sure, for the Earth Balance, you do mean the buttery spread and not the baking sticks right?

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 8, 2010 at 9:22 am

you are a breakfast genius. i need this in my life!

Tiffany September 8, 2010 at 9:29 am

Nice! I had totally thought of this idea before. I love PB and Bananas. What could be better? I am going to share this idea with others.

[email protected]://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ September 8, 2010 at 9:40 am

That is so pretty and really tasty. Perfect for a quick breakfast or to serve to overnight guests.

Kristina @ spabettie September 8, 2010 at 9:40 am

this looks awesome. NOM, if you will… ;)

I cannot locate my degree either. Jason’s is the one I want to frame – it’s really funny, there was someone with the same name at his university, and the diplomas were switched. Jason’s says he has a dentistry degree. HA ! I really want him to frame it and take it to his office at work. HIlar!

Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey September 8, 2010 at 9:45 am

Oh goodness, that sounds incredible! Want. To. Make. :)

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 8, 2010 at 9:45 am

Genius! I’ve never tried a sweet breakfast pizza…egg pizza, sure. Bacon. Other savory items…but PB+J and Bananas? Brilliant. I am so going to try that soon…

Laura September 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

Oh my lord. I am freaking out over this. I’m utterly speechless!!!

Camille September 8, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh my gosh! This looks glorious!
I wish I hadn’t already eaten breakfast today…

Claire September 8, 2010 at 9:57 am

Wow breakfast pizza, that sounds GRREEEEAAATTT!
I was feeling the PB&J this morning too ;)
come check out my blog if ever you’Re looking for something new, I just started it!

Tay September 8, 2010 at 10:04 am

For some reason, as I was reading this in google reader, I thought I was reading Caitlin’s (HTP) blog. Don’t ask me why I thought I had clicked on her name. Anyways, I was scrolling down and thought to myself “Dang – this looks JUST like an OSG recipe!! Definitely something Angela would dream up.” Oh wait – DUH. My mistake – it was your recipe! ;-)

[email protected] September 8, 2010 at 10:11 am

Super cute! Looks delish :-)

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf September 8, 2010 at 10:15 am

WOW! That breakfast pizza looks amazing! One of my favorite things is a sugar cookie cake covered in whipped cream and fruit, and this is pretty close to that!

Courtney @ Bread & Bokeh September 8, 2010 at 10:17 am

Wow! Yum!!! Pizza for breakfast? I’m sold!

Emily September 8, 2010 at 10:18 am

This breakfast pizza looks amazing; a whole meal in one delicious slice:) I am thinking about trading in my WH flour for spelt flour; you make it seem like such a better option!

Ashley September 8, 2010 at 10:20 am

Whoa whoa whoa.. Yummmmmmmm :)

Jamie September 8, 2010 at 10:39 am

Looks sooooo yummy :O)
Recently found your website and am loving all of your creative ideas.
Thanks for sharing!

Jamie September 8, 2010 at 10:39 am

Looks sooooo yummy :O)
Recently found your website and am loving all of your creative ideas.
Thanks for sharing!

Ashley Craft September 8, 2010 at 10:40 am

OH. MY. GOODNESSS. That is all I can say. You’ve done it again Angela! What a yummy-looking creation!! :)

Wendy @ Seriously Sassy September 8, 2010 at 10:45 am

Woah. SO making this. But probably for dinner. :-D

Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 8, 2010 at 10:52 am

Oh wow… that is quite possibly the best idea oh.. EVER!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter September 8, 2010 at 11:00 am

No way! That breakfast pizza looks awesome. I can’t wait when I graduate and I can hang my Bachelors of Architecture and Masters of Interior Architecture.

Fallon September 8, 2010 at 11:08 am

I love the idea of this breakfast pizza! Looks great.

Marnie September 8, 2010 at 11:10 am

Totally offtopic, but…I recognized your wedding dress on a link on weddinggawker.com today! It links to your wedding page…so maybe you’ll be getting some new bride-to-be readers!

[email protected] September 8, 2010 at 11:14 am

Oh my god.. you are a genius. This looks and sounds heavenly.

denise September 8, 2010 at 11:25 am

Looks so yummy! Will have to try it out on my five kids. Rare to find something they all like, but I think this might just be it! You wouldn’t happen to know a calorie count for one slice would you. That might keep me from eating the whole thing!

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 8, 2010 at 11:31 am

OMG. I am SO making this over the weekend! I know my boyfriend (who says he hates anything healthy) would fall in love with it. Thanks for another great recipe Angela!

Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA September 8, 2010 at 11:37 am

OMG that is off the chain incredible!

[email protected] ReshapeYourLife September 8, 2010 at 11:41 am

Breakfast pizza sounds incredible!! My aunt made a fruit “pizza” once for a dessert (with fruit dip and strawberries on graham cracker crust I believe) but I never thought for breakfast!

I’m definitely going to put this on my list of things to make!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels September 8, 2010 at 11:43 am

Do you want a really cheesy story, okay here it comes . . .

Brad and I met at college so we have our diplomas hanging together in our office above the computer (I got honours, he didn’t bahahaha)

and a non cheesy comment – LOVE PC organic jam, I go for raspberry

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 8, 2010 at 11:43 am

Oh my gosh, YES! This looks amazing!

Lisa September 8, 2010 at 11:56 am

What a crazy creation!! I bet it’s awesome!

Michelle September 8, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I’ve made something similar with fruit….raspberries and kiwi are DELICIOUS on it!! :)

Heather September 8, 2010 at 12:06 pm

your breakfast pizza looks amazing! we have yet t frame all our degrees. one day lol!

Violetta Dima September 8, 2010 at 12:09 pm

OMG that looks phenominal! I am officially making it tonight to have for breakfast tomorrow. Also congrats on winning the mushroom challange. You rocked it!!!!

Kate September 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm

This looks delicious! I may try this using a brown rice & sorghum flour crust.

Amber K September 8, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I am a huge fan of PB & jam. Soo good! And I have to agree about the Barney Butter!

Excuse me while I go wipe up the drool that resulted from this blog post. ;)

Ali September 8, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Oh my, this might be the best recipe ever. Really, ever. I can’t wait to make it!

Do you think the Sucanat or sugar is really necessary in the crust given how sweet and fabulous the toppings are?

Kelly September 8, 2010 at 12:28 pm

All I can remember from this post is that darn breakfast pizza. YUMMY!!! I can’t wait for another long weekend to try it. I bet DH will love it. Oh the possibilities….

chelseY September 8, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Quite possibly the BEST thing I have seen in quite some time. Perfect!!!!

Ali September 8, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Your food always looks SO delicious! I just discovered your site and have been having so much fun exploring it! I have been in a major food rut and I feel like my passion for cooking and eating delicious whole food has been reawakened…THANK YOU!!! :o)

Tracey September 8, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Oh my….I’ve always made peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwiches, but never thought of making a pizza! Such a great idea and looks delicious :)

Tamara September 8, 2010 at 12:49 pm

You caught me. I totally spaced out after socio psycho something something and scrolled down to the pretty pictures.

If I don’t have Earth Balance and want to substitute canola oil, how much should I use?

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I would add a few tablespoons at a time and mix as you go and then stop adding the oil when it comes together into a dough and isnt too crumbly.

Caitlin (EatFeats) September 8, 2010 at 12:51 pm

OMG THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! I once made a smore (graham cracker, marshmallow, chocolate, peanut butter) pizza and it was divine. Must make this breakfast.

MoniMeals September 8, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Holllly Smokes! Now that is my type of breakfast Angela! Can we get a WHAT WHAT! :)
Congrats on the Muschroom Challenge (no surprise, we knew you would win!)

jamie @ jamelafamela September 8, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Well- this looks amazing. i am making this for sure, and very very soon! Thanks again Angela!

Samantha Robertson September 8, 2010 at 1:07 pm

That looks SO good! My Mumm makes a fruit pizza. The crust is like a sugar cookie dough. After it bakes, she layers on a cream cheese mixture (I believe it’s sugar blended with cream cheese). Then she slices strawberries, bananas, kiwis, and layers them on top, along with some blueberries. SOOOO good!

MaryBe September 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm

First of all, congrats on the degree and being the Mistress of Mushrooms!
OMG on that pizza! I am making that RIGHT NOW! It looks beyond amazing

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 8, 2010 at 1:29 pm

thanks!!

Lauren @ Running on Sugar September 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm

MUST. MAKE. NOW.

I’m even thinking nutella & bananas. :o)

erica September 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm

omg. i’ve died and gone to breakfast heaven!!!!

carri z. September 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm

pizza
peanut butter
= the most passionate
comments EVER ; )

i will print these pics
and paste them on my face.
i mean WALL!

and then make this!

tia September 8, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Holy Cow. That looks all kinds of yum!

Leah @ Why Deprive? September 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Oh my goodness!! This looks awesome. I love the idea of freezing it too. Its like dessert for breakfast, and really, theres nothing better than that!

JL Goes Vegan September 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm

You had me with the blog post title! Pizza for breakfast, YES!

ida September 8, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I’ve heard of dessert pizza, but breakfast pizza is brilliant! I have a brunch pot-luck this weekend and now I know what to bring.

Cailin @ Stir Crazy September 8, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Drool…. loving this! Just another excuse to eat some PB :) Not that I ever need an excuse!

Katherine @ Left Coast Contessa September 8, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Yum pizza for breakfast!! I know what you mean about degrees. I feel that way about my undergrad degree in psych but I really cannot wait to get my law degree. Blood, sweat and tears really went into that one!

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker September 8, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I love this idea. Too bad I eat my PB&J (with sliced apples) wrap every day for lunch. Maybe one weekend I’ll have to give it a try!

Viviane September 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Oh my goodness… you’ve done it again Angela, genius recipe! I can even see this served as a fun dessert when friends come over.

Now I’m wondering where my diploma is… throughout office and house moves, it could be anywhere! Glad to know that there is a possibility to order a new one, just in case!

Natasha September 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm

OMG! Your breakfast pizza looks amazing!!! I am running off to pick up the ingredients immediately after work:)

Karrie September 8, 2010 at 3:10 pm

OMG – I am going to have to try this with Barney Butter, you should get a friend to send you some in Canada, it is too good to live without!!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 8, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I saw this on Diner, Drive-Ins, and Dives before!! They were doing the pizza joint, obviously, and one of their main hits was the PB & J pizza. A lot of people thought it’d be gross, but honestly..how can you go wrong? Yum!

[email protected] Bean to Runner Bean September 8, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Heh heh your such a creative little chicka!

bitt September 8, 2010 at 4:05 pm

this looks amazing and gorgeous. i love your pictures.

you’ve been busy in the kitchen lately!

Emmanuelle September 8, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Wow, another Oh-dear-I-have-to-make-this recipe, this looks gorgeous!

PrettyGreenTea September 8, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Oh my, I will have to try this !

Charlie September 8, 2010 at 4:46 pm

This looks incredible. And it is actually a perfect breakfast on the go!!

Bess @ Bess Be Fit September 8, 2010 at 5:04 pm

that pizza looks like the most delicious thing I have ever seen. I must try this soon! God Bless your brain for coming up with it :)

Heidi September 8, 2010 at 5:08 pm

DELISH!!! I am making it tonight so it will be perfect for a grab and go in the morning!!! Cant wait!! Love your site and congrats!!!

Brenda September 8, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Hi! I’m not much of a baker so I have a silly question that I hope you’ll answer for me. When you say that I can substitute a mix of whole wheat and white flour, what would the ratio be? 1 cup of each? Or more of one than the other? This pizza looks delish and I really want to try it but I don’t have spelt flour. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm

You could probably do a ratio of 50/50….heck even 100% whole wheat might work too!
You might need 2-4 tbsp LESS of white/wheat flour because spelt often requires a bit 2 tbsp more per cup.

Lynn @ The Next Chapter September 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Sweet breakfast pizza, that is genius!! :)

Susie September 8, 2010 at 6:26 pm

loving your recipes!

Samantha Cernock September 8, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Holy Moly!!! That looks like one of the best breakfasts’ EVER!!! I can’t wait to try it.

Danielle September 8, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I just bought Sucanat today – you’ve inspired me with your recipes!

Laura September 8, 2010 at 9:50 pm

holy cow, I must make this!

Pure2raw twins September 8, 2010 at 10:05 pm

YUM! This looks great…I love thinking of new recipes and looking forward to making them ; ) We made a almond maple butter fig flatbread the other weekend…one recipe I could not want to make nor eat!

Leah September 8, 2010 at 10:28 pm

That pizza looks great! I think the kids would love it for breakfast… Maybe if I get up early I could whip it up! Or even better program my oven to turn on in the morning….

I’ve made pb&j pizza before but always with a pizza crust. This crust looks so much better!

Amanda September 9, 2010 at 1:11 am

OMG! That looks sooooo good!!! I fear I cannot make it…. I would eat the whole thing. *drool.

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed September 9, 2010 at 6:42 am

This is genius!! Love it! v creative :) I love it when ideas come to you like that!
Heidi xo

Halley (Blunder Construction) September 9, 2010 at 7:29 am

OH ANGELA! UNREAL! Wouldn’t this be perfect for a slumber party? If only we could rewind…+

Christabel September 9, 2010 at 11:21 am

I made the breakfast pizza this morning and it was DELICIOUS. I can’t have spelt so I used 50/50 brown/white rice flour and added a couple tablespoons of ground flax. I also used apricot preserves. It turned out so yummy!

Thanks!

Kristen September 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm

This is another thing that I plan on saving and making eventually. It looks great.

rebecca September 13, 2010 at 9:08 am

i read this this morning and it is all i have thought about since, looks so good, going to go buy what i need after work and make it this evening, hope it turns out as nice as yours looks!

Erica April 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hello. I would love to know how many servings this makes. I’m having a Big and lil Chef class and I’m using this recipe to show to families that our looking for fun, healthy alternatives :P

melissa April 25, 2012 at 5:25 pm

yum yum yum.

how many calories is this?

Andrea Rodgers April 3, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Thought you might enjoy this kid friendly recipe;)

Lauren @ Healthy You September 4, 2013 at 11:14 am

** yoink ** – think i’ll be stealing this to try the weekend! It looks delicious :)

Wanda September 4, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Yuck! This looks absolutely disgusting. Okay, I have to disclose that I’m European and this peanut butter/jam thing just grosses me out. I love some of your other recipes. I currently have the lentil loaf in the oven.

kayte November 4, 2013 at 6:59 am

i am going to try this recipe… but i’m skipping the jam and using apple butter… i’m already drooling. (we eat pb & ab w banana on toast and pancakes already… so sure to be a hit.) i never tried this spelt stuff….

Danielle @ It's A Harleyyy Life January 16, 2014 at 9:34 pm

How many servings is this?

Kathleen Campbell March 31, 2014 at 2:18 pm

This was perhaps the most delicious breakfast I’ve ever had. I love PB&J, so naturally when I saw this I knew I had to make it. The crust was awesome! And while it was REALLY rich and sweet, I knew it was pretty good for me too! We often have two pieces of toast with PJ & J for breakfast, so this was a much yummier version of that. We cut it in fourth and each had a slice, and then split another before regretfully putting the last slice in the fridge for the next morning. So full…but so good!

Ashley February 18, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Hi, is there anyway you could post the nutritional information for the breakfast pizza?

carasehatabadi.blogspot.com September 24, 2015 at 1:15 am

This is a really good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Brief but very accurate info… Thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!

Jhamya January 13, 2016 at 9:23 pm

OML that is yummy

Jhamya @this yummy goodness January 13, 2016 at 9:24 pm

GOODNESS this is very yummy