Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on August 30, 2010

I always say that it was my baking that wooed Eric hook, line, and sinker.

20100830-IMG_1709

You might be surprised but, it wasn’t my sarcastic teasing, astounding ability to trip over invisible objects, or occasional snorting when I laugh that wooed him.

Nope.

It was the baking.

20100830-IMG_1710

[Although, might I add the above mentioned ‘qualities’ grew on him like a bad weed. He now lives to see me trip and snort when I laugh. He is cruel like that.]

Back in high school and university, I used to bake Eric a huge batch of muffins almost every week and he would snack on them around the clock, fueling himself through classes and late night binges of World of Warcraft.

I know. *swoon.

The only difference between now and then is that back then I used muffin mixes from a bag and now I make them from scratch, but in all seriousness, those muffin mixes do make a mean muffin!

However, I learned that making muffins from scratch is much, much cheaper. And quite easy too. :)

The week before Eric proposed to me, I made him a particularly delicious batch of muffins. They had strawberries and banana and a pinch of magic.

From then on, they were called the love muffins.

Upon first bite, they cast a love spell over the person eating them. Use at your own risk….

20100830-IMG_1729

These taste down right dreamy.

20100830-IMG_1717

Now be warned, the love spell only lasts until the last muffin is consumed! Then, the spell will be broken and your magic carriage will turn into a pumpkin.

20100830-IMG_1724

But you know what they say, when life gives you pumpkin make scuffins.

Have you ever wooed someone with your cooking or baking? Do you have any signature dishes that make ‘em weak in the knees?

Bridget August 30, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I make these soft ginger cookies that everyone seems to think are amazing. Funny thing is, I got the recipe in a grocery store flyer haha :)

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com August 30, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Must say you did a beautiful job w/ these pics!!!

Kristina @ spabettie August 30, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I have a great toffee brownie recipe, and one of my employees used to say he made them when I’d bring some in to work… ;)

These look FABULOUS.

steff (steffsays) August 30, 2010 at 7:43 pm

what an adorable story! while i share your tripping over invisible objects affliction, i’ve yet to catch the baking bug. maybe muffins would inspire my love of 5+ years to finally take the next step. haha. ;)

Brittany @ Eating Bird Food August 30, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I think you could even lure me in with these muffins – they look and sound amazing!! :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 30, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Pecans AND sunflower seed butter!? My dream in muffin form! I better start baking muffins if I wanna find a soulmate :)

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl August 30, 2010 at 7:51 pm

It definitely was not my baking OR cooking that gained me my soulmate.

I think it was more my taste in stupid movies and my agreement to allow him to join upteen number of fantasy football/baseball/basketball teams that got me into his heart :)

Lizzy @ LBBakes August 30, 2010 at 7:51 pm

These look amazing. I need some good muffin recipes to learn from, so I’ll have to file this one away. Thanks for sharing a recipe that seems to be close to your heart. :)

Skinny Chick August 30, 2010 at 7:55 pm

I think I am in love just looking at these pictures! Baking is such a wonderful expression of love.

I love to make waffles because honestly, what man can resist waffles? Served with blueberries and apple sauce is my favorite (and my bf’s too).

Though now that I am trying to slim down, I need to find a better recipe; maybe one that uses a different flour other than white.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 30, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I think it was my cooking (and some baking) that pulled my husband in!

Lauren August 30, 2010 at 7:57 pm

What a great spin on muffins. I am so use to seeing the plain old blueberry or chocolate chip that these are such a nice change! :)

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) August 30, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Um delicious! All that fruit and the nut butter!? Yes please! Sadly my boyfriend isn’t so big on sweets…but my Sunday morning breakfasts always win him over…!

Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA August 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Last year for his birthday I gave my then-boyfriend something like 10 loaves of pumpkin bread that he could freeze and eat at will. It was a good gift because he was extremely lazy!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I’m going to make these for my own love muffin!! He loves my double chocolate peanut butter chip cake, but it’s not exactly healthy, so these sound like the perfect alternative :) Thanks for sharing!

Marrishka August 30, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Those muffins look SO good! I noticed banana in the recipe title but I didn’t see the banana in the ingredient list…?? I love anything banana so just curious…

Christina August 31, 2010 at 7:21 am

I noticed that too, hehe. I LOVE bananas!

Andrea August 30, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Yuummmmmm strawberry muffins! They look excellent. I don’t know if I’ve wooed anyone with my baking per se but all of my friends enjoy my love of baking! I’m a big recipe experimenter and I try out all of my creations on friends and family. My “signature” baking recipe is probably the classic chocolate chip cookie- I got the recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook and it turns out perfectly chewy cookies each time :)

Erin August 30, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Ooh those look wonderful. I made your brownies today…SOO YUMMAY! I love the texture and consistency of them. I added a handful of walnuts and even my husband LOVED them. Thank you!!!

Rachel (two healthy plates) August 30, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I made my husband a batch of Joy the Bakers peanut butter bacon cookies once ( I know, I know – but boys love bacon) I’m pretty sure if we weren’t already married those cookies would have made him ask! Haha

Those muffins look so good!

Caitlin (EatFeats) August 30, 2010 at 8:09 pm

What a sweet story! I make a pretty mean gluten-free peanut butter cookie, but that’s mostly because it’s only peanut butter and sugar. My favorite thing to make for my boy is pancakes!

I also snort when I laugh, and everyone thinks it is hilarious, so you are not alone.

Marrishka August 30, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Oh, and I forgot to add…when my husband and I were dating in college, he always told me how much he loved my vegetarian chili. He was a big meat and potatoes guy so I always felt so good knowing he loved my meatless chili. It wasn’t until we were married about 10 years that he told me he didn’t really like it as much as he let on! Oh well, I still make it and he still eats it! :)

Kiersten August 30, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Sarcastic teasing, ability to trip over imaginary things, and constantly baking? I thought you were talking about me for a minute, lol. I’ve been wooing my boyfriend with food and baked goods for 4 years. It seems to be working so far!

Chelsea at Striking Balance August 30, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Yum those muffins look awesome. I may just be blind, but I don’t see any banana in the ingredients?

I definitely wooed my boyfriend (and his entire family) with my baking. They now demand me to make dessert for whichever occasion we are celebrating..and my Christmas gifts for his family is a huge dessert platter filled with different cookies, squares, etc.

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 30, 2010 at 8:15 pm

What a sweet story! I love how the strawberries just POP out of those muffins — so beautiful!

Jason was definitely wooed by my baking — dairy free blueberry muffins were his favorite (still are…). But you know what really wooed him? I would pack him containers of veggies for his lunch. When we started dating he could go days or weeks without a veggie — until he met me :) I would pack him cut up veggies and all of his coworkers were super jealous :)

Lisa August 30, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Yum, these look AMAZING. Question: could they be made with all spelt flour (instead of the white flour)? Or, do you have another suggestion for a white-flour alternative?

Thanks!

Emily August 30, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Muffins look gorgeous and delicious, too! My mom and I are all about the Christmas cookies and I think the molasses ones are the ones that keep people coming back for more :)

Tina August 30, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I love the way couples get started and their special little “things”. Those muffins look like something I would love too.

Nicole August 30, 2010 at 8:21 pm

These look delicious and I am definitely making these in the near future!
I was wondering where the banana was, though..?
and can I use white flour instead of spelt? and regular baking powder?
Meaning, will it taste the same? haha

Thanks!

sarah August 30, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hello!

Would you ever consider giving a little camera “tutorial” or picture taking advice post?? Just wondering!!! BE-UTIFUL pictures as always.

Emily August 30, 2010 at 8:48 pm

I second that request!

Viviane August 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Those love muffins look awesome!
One of my signature dish is definitely tiramisu, I get lots of requests for that one!

MB August 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA…I can say with complete certainty that nobody could ever be wooed by my cooking or baking. I may have to give the love muffins a try though …

Erin August 30, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I love making muffins — I’ve whipped up a few different kinds this summer but am excited even more when the weather gets cold and they become a fantastic snack along with tea.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 30, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I was a WOW widow for a while too.

…my husband has since moved on to Starcraft 2

Ana August 30, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Looks delicious!! I love making/baking muffins, there are many muffin recipes on my blog as I also bake muffins every week for my hubby to have for breakfast and late night snacks. I started this after getting married, but it also worked, he got hooked and the muffins are truly a daily treat for him (always made from scratch and as healthy as possible!) – and we have been married for almost 11 years!
Your muffins look truly good Angela, I will definitely try them this week. Only thing is that I only see bananas in the tittle, not in the ingredient list or directions…?!?!
Love your blog and recipes!
Ana

Amanda (Sweet and Savory Vegan) August 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I definitely wooed my man with my cooking and baking; I’m lucky enough that he says everything I make is his favorite, but I know he has a soft spot for my blueberry almond cookies.

Liza (Health Nutting) August 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I LOVE muffins and these looks amazing! I will have to try these for SURE! :) MMMMM.

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 30, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Such a sweet story.

Hunni finally got the guts to ask me out (after professing he would never date me) the week I made from scratch chocolate chip cookies and shared a few with him. :-)

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 30, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Hmm, maybe I should make these for my boyfriend?? :) We have been dating for almost 6 years…

Nathalie August 30, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I am responsible for bringing a snack to the office on Friday! I am going to make these for sure! What a great recipe! Yum yum! It has everything I love: strawberries, nut butter, chia seeds, almond milk.

diana August 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm

haha, i love this post! so cute yet so funny.

[email protected]'s Going The Distance August 30, 2010 at 8:46 pm

What a great recipe :) thanks for sharing it!!

Chelsey August 30, 2010 at 8:47 pm

The hubby is more about my cooking than baking – he’ll eat anything!!

Andrea @ Imwaytoobusy August 30, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Wow, this might be the next recipe I whip up. On a side note, I made a gigantic frosty glo-cake on Sunday to eat post-workout. I absolutely love your recipes!

Maggie August 30, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Just made your breakfast cobbler – delicious! I was also looking at your recipes for something to whip up for dinner tonight – noticed that you alphabetized them! So convenient. Thanks! :)

Cara August 30, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Those muffins do look dreamy!
My husband gets weak in the knees for my cheesecakes!

Ashley August 30, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Yowza!! Fabulous photos love!! I think I’ve wooed friends + coworkers but Chris isn’t really a sweets guy. :) He does like cheesecake + things with pnut butter + chocolate though!

Laura August 30, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Hi! I’ve been LOVING your website for the past 5 days…..one of my high school friends thought I would like it so sent me the link the other day….and sure enough….I’m now addicted! My husband teases me because every time I’m on the computer now he knows what I am looking at. HOWEVER, he wasn’t teasing me as he was chomping on the Ultra Fudgey Brownies you posted the other day! I made them tonight and they were great! These muffins look wonderful too and it’s such a great story to go along with it! Thanks for the inspiration, and I look forward to many more great things on here! :)

Emily August 30, 2010 at 9:07 pm

These look delicious! I’ve been making a sugar free, gluten free, high fiber, low fat microwave muffin recipe for a while now (at this point can I really call it a muffin anymore or is it just tasty bread?) and these certainly make me want to toss back in some sugar and bake muffins in the oven again! Yum!

My husband will do about anything for Sil Pancho, a traditional Bolivian dish I learned how to make from a friend’s mom.

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad August 30, 2010 at 9:10 pm

So cute :-) Where’s the banana in therecipe?

Laura August 30, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Haha! I must have posted at the same time because that’s exactly what I was wondering! I thought I was going crazy for a minute!!!

Laura August 30, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Okay, this is random….but I was just reading the recipe over again for the muffins…and I don’t see “banana” as an ingredient! I know it is listed in the name of the muffin, so just wondering if you didn’t use banana in it, or just forgot to list it as an ingredient??!!! haha!!!

Charlie August 30, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Those muffins look awesome! My boyfriend is a fan of my cooking. He does prefer when I make desserts ;).

For a party, I always make mojitos; I make a pitcher version and they’re a crowd pleaser! A delicious creamy spinach dip and chocolate-dipped pretzels are also perfect!

And for a dinner, my gingered-carrot soup never failed me!

GFree_Miel August 30, 2010 at 9:15 pm

These muffins look so tasty! I have to make them gluten free.
Your blog is my new absolute favorite. I love your writing and the way you talk about your husband. Everything about you and your blog is so charming.

Emily August 30, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I’ve been meaning to ask – Any update on a possibly gluten free glo bar in the near future? I’m a super sensitive Celiac so I have to have the gluten free oats (can’t have traces of gluten), but I’m dying to try your bars! I read on your site that due to food labeling laws you can’t do it currently so I was also wondering if they were actually gluten free already you just can’t label them as such?

bitt August 30, 2010 at 9:19 pm

my husband was a starving emaciated vegan when i met him. the fact that i could even make a stir-fry wooed him. he was easily won over.

the muffins look super cute.

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 30, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Hehe those muffins are so cute!

I used to make my boyfriend Mexican Wedding Cookies all the time. They get better with age, which was great since I had to send them all the way across the country.

Krystina August 30, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Those look like dense, filling muffins. Mmm! You and Eric are adorable, btw.

Wei-Wei August 30, 2010 at 9:42 pm

LOL. Love muffins sound awesome! I haven’t “wooed” anyone yet, but I did bake cookies for somebody I like. And his birthday is this weekend ;)

Amy August 30, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Those muffins have so many yummy ingredients in them! I am going to seek out some strawberries tomorrow and whip up a batch. Thanks for sharing your recipe. My baking lured my partner too. He pretty much demands a treat every single day!!! It was cookies at first, but now he’s happy with anything. Right now I am writing a vegan brownie recipe book and the amount of brownies he consumes is award worthy! Luckily we are active and vegan or I would have to stop creating new recipes!!!

Gree August 30, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I don’t think I have ever not wooed anyone with my cooking and baking..I make an absolutely divine roast chicken and it’s so cozy and inviting it just leads to snuggling later..

Jessica @ The Process of Healing August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

They sound delicious!! No wonder they wooed Eric ;)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie August 30, 2010 at 9:50 pm

haha, I wooed my hubby with my cooking for sure. When I started hanging out with him he and his roomie ate frozen pizza, chips and salsa and ramen noodles……..that’s it.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) August 30, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I’d like to think my bf likes my baking too–he always seems thrilled when I make anything, so I’m taking that as a good sign! These muffins look great, no wonder Eric proposed :)

I also woo my mom through baking too, but she always responds with “nooo! you’re going to make me eat too much!!!” hehe

Danielle August 30, 2010 at 10:01 pm

I like the idea of strawberries baked into a recipe – they add a really nice texture.

Nichole (Flirting with Food Fitness & Fashion) August 30, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Those look fabulous. I will soon make those decedant looking muffins. I made the scalloped tomato and basil dish, it was good but I am pretty sure mine wasn’t life changing, I think raw sugar I used was to blame.

[email protected]://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 30, 2010 at 10:20 pm

The strawberries look like they held up really well in the muffins. sometimes they get too mushy.

monicanelsonfitness August 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Such a cute story! The pics are seriously so good Angela! Talk about some strawberries.:) I make reasons to bake every other day and My best recipe is for my husband too, mainly. Every Sunday I make the same batch of cookies for us. I have mastered the recipe to our liking to where they are PERFECT everytime and I have not shared it with anyone for years now. Do you do that, btw? Have one recipe that is just for you and noone else? That is my best recipe, “to make em weak in the knees”, good ol chocolate chip cookies. :)

Marly August 30, 2010 at 10:40 pm

These look amazing and super yummy. I may just have to try these on my boyfriend… ;)

Nicole @ yuppie yogini August 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Does Eric still play WoW? My boyfriend has been playing for years and also does computer stuff for a living. I think they’d be BFFs! ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm

i just love that they’re called love muffins! you just won MY heart with that one :)

Bianca King August 30, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Hi! These look great, but what can I substitute for coconut butter?

Olya August 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures.
My hubby doesn’t admit it, but I suspect my husband got married to me so that he can enjoy healthy home-made cooking and baking every day (I’m obsessed with making everything from scratch – even such things as spice mixes or granola).

I don’t have a special recipe, though my hubby always reminds me how I made him a stew and lamb was tough as anything and he could not eat it (I was just learning how to cook :)))

I vote for a post on picture taking as well!

[email protected] Broad Bean to Runner Bean August 31, 2010 at 2:24 am

oh these muffins look dreamy! i love to cook and bake for my H2B! and he defo loves it for sure!

Seglare in Copenhagen August 31, 2010 at 3:50 am

Oh these muffins look so yummy! I will be adding them to my ever-extending list of things to bake. ;-)

Unfortunately, fresh strawberries are already long out of season here, but I guess they would work with frozen ones from the summer, too.

JL Goes Vegan August 31, 2010 at 3:59 am

I want to be a good baker, but I don’t know if I have it in me :) That’s why I keep reading foods blogs. Hoping it will rub off on me! The muffins look so fabulous!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) August 31, 2010 at 5:10 am

whoaaaa those look DANG delicious!! i love the fresh strawbs in there!

Sabine @ thefruitpersuit August 31, 2010 at 6:53 am

Hey Ange, what a heart-warming story! My man especially loves it when I make him potato chips (with garlic powder and nutritional yeast haha) but honestly, he loves everything I put in front of him and I am pretty sure it’s why he loves me as much as he does ;)

btw I tried to share a picture with you on your post about what you would like to tell your younger self, but the link didn’t work

should be fine now!

xx sabine

Maria August 31, 2010 at 7:24 am

I love this story! And the recipe looks very good too…

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman August 31, 2010 at 7:29 am

These are so pretty. I’m sure they’re tasty too. I think my husband wishes I’d woo him with baked goods. But I can’t make them since I’d eat them all at once. My self-control fades when I’m faced with baked goods.

Jil @ Peace Love & Munchies August 31, 2010 at 7:39 am

Umm – wow – those sound incredible! They are also beaauutiful!!

[email protected] ReshapeYourLife August 31, 2010 at 7:40 am

Those muffins look seriously DELICIOUS! I don’t know if the boy likes muffins, but maybe love muffins would work with him? lol

Teresa August 31, 2010 at 7:47 am

How many bananas do you use?

Kelly August 31, 2010 at 7:55 am

My hubster LOVES muffins. The first year we were married I found a cute little muffin cookbook in a gift shop in Mystic, CT. Every recipe was delish. We started a tradition of homemade soup with homemade muffins once a week. He still talks about that even 27 years later. Thanks to you, I have found a lot of substitutions for making these recipes a little healthier (flax eggs, spelt flour, sucanat, etc.) Thanks for all the great recipes you share.

mindy August 31, 2010 at 8:06 am

Where are the bananas in the recipe? I have read it a few times and I don’t see them.

Jamie August 31, 2010 at 8:14 am

Banana??? Where’s the banana????

Zorana August 31, 2010 at 9:42 am

These pictures are absolutely amazing! Love the story behind them too. I’m making them today.

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf August 31, 2010 at 10:18 am

This one time in college I had made pot roast for a church function. There were leftovers, and a few days later I added some soy sauce and other seasonings (I originally left the meat bland. It was my first attempt!) and gave it to my husband (then-boyfriend) in a bowl served over rice. The first thing he said after eating it was, “I’M MARRYING THIS WOMAN!”

I cook a lot more often now that we’re out of the dorms and all. And he loves just about anything I feed him. I know he will never leave me, because then I wouldn’t cook for him! ;)

Amber K August 31, 2010 at 10:33 am

My husband enjoys everything I cook or bake for him. But then he is also the least picky person in the entire world when it comes to food. The kind of person who would eat dinner even if I burned it to a crisp and say “thanks hun.” :)

Johanna August 31, 2010 at 11:13 am

My husband tells me he was smitten from the moment he met me, and I didn’t really start really cooking until we were together about 8 or 9 months, but I have to say cooking probably has deepened our love! My hubby loves coming home to my healthy meals, and I’ve helped him get over long-held prejudices he’s had to certain foods, like beets and avocado. I also pack our lunches to save money and provide healthy options (I also have lots of food allergies so it’s just easier to pack). I like to experiment with raw and vegan foods and he usually likes what I make.

My husband definitely likes my tacos and my tortilla soup, as well as my salads. I used to work at a salad and sandwich bar at college so I’m pretty good at salads! :-)

christyn @ All Ways Nutritious August 31, 2010 at 11:37 am

these muffins look fab and i love all the ingredients…did you add banana?

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 31, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Aw, yummm! Really love the photos : )

suzlk August 31, 2010 at 1:43 pm

What an adorable story! you wooed your man… hehe :)
I most certainly didn’t woo my man with my cooking – if anything, his toleration of my mad inventions (pasta with mustard, ketchup, sliced american cheese, soy sauce and onion… it was the worst!) made me love HIM! i’ve improved a lot, thankfully, and as you maybe know, i’m trying to be even better. I love cooking and love together!

Jenny August 31, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Dustin loves applesauce muffins. Which is odd because I stole that recipe from an ex’s mom! :) I have a vegan cookie recipe that he loves and I caught him saying that they were the best cookies ever. When I pointed it out, he denied it, but let’s face it…vegan baked goods are downright delicious.
Before being vegan, I would make Chicken a la range, which is applesauce used in place of water with a box of cornbread stuffing, and wrapped in a chicken breast like a burrito. Bake with butter on top and serve with this homemade orange sauce. It’s divine.

Errign August 31, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I am wondering where the banana is too :)

Also, any substitutes for coconut butter? Do you also think it would be okay to just leave the nuts out? Thanks :)

erin m. @ {{well in l.a.}} August 31, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Beautiful photography! Your muffins are going to replace my love of strawberry cupcakes! Can’t wait to try them! And happy anniversary!

Valerie August 31, 2010 at 5:49 pm

First of all, I cannot wait to try those muffins! : ) They look DELICIOUS.

Second, I’m just learning my way around the kitchen now, but the boys in my building love it when I cook potatoes. I don’t do anything too special with them, just a little olive oil and some rosemary and bake them for a little bit, but if I make them as an appetizer for a dinner party, they are gone in seconds. Maybe I need to buy more potatoes! No one has fallen in love with me over my cooking yet, but as I said, I’m still learning! :D

Lisa August 31, 2010 at 5:49 pm

As someone who has ALOT of food allergies, especially to lots of artificial foods and colorings, etc, its so great to see people like myself who take pride in the foods they put into their bodies! I love your blog and all your recipes! =) Continue blogging forever!

Caitlin @ Right Foot Forward August 31, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Fun story! No big deal about the pumpkin, it’s almost that season anyway, after all!

Maegan August 31, 2010 at 7:52 pm

I tried to make these muffins and my husband said they were terrible! Help how do you make them taste good? They kind of tasted salty and I am not sure what I did wrong!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 1, 2010 at 8:49 am

IM SO sorry I forgot to add the banana in the recipe! I’m sure that was it. It has been added now.

Olivia September 1, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I made these without banana and with avocado instead of Coconut Butter and they are delicious still – cant wait to try with Banana!

Janel September 1, 2010 at 6:47 am

I love it! It’s like engagement chicken for vegans! (And that engagement chicken totally “worked” for 2 of my friends haha). They look great!

GirlOverboard September 1, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Is it possible to make these without the banana? Any suggestions for another fruit, or if I do just plain strawberry, will the consistency be off? I ask because as much as I love banana, the hubby is unfortunately allergic. :(

Fanta September 7, 2010 at 7:58 am

*crossing fingers* I can bake pre-mixes, ace that… but this was a hilarious first time bake from scratch. Almost religious asking my cooking angels to gather me some baking angels and please let them turn out… I started to bake until I realized there were no bananas… he he I scooped it out and added them in! Waiting for the time to go off… hoping that I won’t kill them if I sincerely forgot the baking soda :S Oh well! It’s our one year anniversary so regardless I know he’ll appreciate it! Thanks so much for putting up this post :)

Sincerely,

Fanta

Megan April 11, 2012 at 11:31 am

These might just be my favorite muffins now! SOOO delicious! I was apprehensive about how much nut butter was going in, but it turned out beautifully. Leaving the banana in chunks really complimented the strawberry!

Hannah May 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Yumm ! I’m 15 and decided I wanted to vegan officially about a month and a half ago, this is my favourite blog! Could I sub the strawberries for apples or another fruit? I’ve been DYING to try these for about a month and the strawberries in Ottawa are looking pretty gross lately :( I have tons of vegan cookbooks but everytime I want to make something, I come here!!! :) really want to make the hummus recipe, must remember tahini next time I’m at the store, I always forget -.-

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Thanks you Hannah! Im sure you could sub in another fruit. Maybe read through the comments for ideas?

Lyndsay September 3, 2013 at 4:46 am

I love to bake muffins as well. I used to bake different muffins for an old boyfriend who then started calling me muffin. Will have to give this recipe a go!

Jana December 13, 2013 at 1:48 pm

These sounded lovely… but when making them I had a bit of trouble! You list 1 large banana mashed, left a bit chunky in the instructions but don’t mention in the instructions where to put it in… I cooked my muffins without it and at first they where still very doughy … I left them in for about 1/2 an hour more and now they are alright but still not perfect. Is this because of the missing banana?

Keep up the good work with your blog generally though, apart from this, all your receipes have turned out amazing!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 15, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Hi Jana, Thanks so much for letting me know! It should have been mixed in with the wet ingredients. I’ll add that in now. Hope you still enjoyed them!

Tessa May 23, 2014 at 12:59 am

Made these tonight… Turned out soooooo yummy! Thank you! I wonder what the best way is
To store them? Sealed up and in the fridge? I need them to last until I can share them with my honey.

Talitha Erasmus June 13, 2017 at 3:57 am

Hi – do the muffins freeze well? I am planning to make this for my toddler and would like to but a batch in the freezer and defrost as needed.

Angela Liddon June 30, 2017 at 10:44 am

Hi Talitha, Muffins tend to freeze well, so you should be good! Just keep them in the freezer in an airtight freezer-safe container or zip bag.