Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

I always say that it was my baking that wooed Eric hook, line, and sinker.

20100830IMG 1709 thumb   Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

You might be surprised but, it wasn’t my sarcastic teasing, astounding ability to trip over invisible objects, or occasional snorting when I laugh that wooed him.

Nope.

It was the baking.

20100830IMG 1710 thumb   Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

[Although, might I add the above mentioned ‘qualities’ grew on him like a bad weed. He now lives to see me trip and snort when I laugh. He is cruel like that.]

Back in high school and university, I used to bake Eric a huge batch of muffins almost every week and he would snack on them around the clock, fueling himself through classes and late night binges of World of Warcraft.

I know. *swoon.

The only difference between now and then is that back then I used muffin mixes from a bag and now I make them from scratch, but in all seriousness, those muffin mixes do make a mean muffin!

However, I learned that making muffins from scratch is much, much cheaper. And quite easy too. :)

The week before Eric proposed to me, I made him a particularly delicious batch of muffins. They had strawberries and banana and a pinch of magic.

From then on, they were called the love muffins.

Upon first bite, they cast a love spell over the person eating them. Use at your own risk….

20100830IMG 1729 thumb   Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

These taste down right dreamy.

20100830IMG 1717 thumb   Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

Now be warned, the love spell only lasts until the last muffin is consumed! Then, the spell will be broken and your magic carriage will turn into a pumpkin.

20100830IMG 1724 thumb   Strawberry, Banana, n’ Nut Butter Love Muffins

But you know what they say, when life gives you pumpkin make scuffins.

Have you ever wooed someone with your cooking or baking? Do you have any signature dishes that make ‘em weak in the knees?

Bridget August 30, 2010

I make these soft ginger cookies that everyone seems to think are amazing. Funny thing is, I got the recipe in a grocery store flyer haha :)

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com August 30, 2010

Must say you did a beautiful job w/ these pics!!!

Kristina @ spabettie August 30, 2010

I have a great toffee brownie recipe, and one of my employees used to say he made them when I’d bring some in to work… ;)

These look FABULOUS.

steff (steffsays) August 30, 2010

what an adorable story! while i share your tripping over invisible objects affliction, i’ve yet to catch the baking bug. maybe muffins would inspire my love of 5+ years to finally take the next step. haha. ;)

Brittany @ Eating Bird Food August 30, 2010

I think you could even lure me in with these muffins – they look and sound amazing!! :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 30, 2010

Pecans AND sunflower seed butter!? My dream in muffin form! I better start baking muffins if I wanna find a soulmate :)

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl August 30, 2010

It definitely was not my baking OR cooking that gained me my soulmate.

I think it was more my taste in stupid movies and my agreement to allow him to join upteen number of fantasy football/baseball/basketball teams that got me into his heart :)

Lizzy @ LBBakes August 30, 2010

These look amazing. I need some good muffin recipes to learn from, so I’ll have to file this one away. Thanks for sharing a recipe that seems to be close to your heart. :)

Skinny Chick August 30, 2010

I think I am in love just looking at these pictures! Baking is such a wonderful expression of love.

I love to make waffles because honestly, what man can resist waffles? Served with blueberries and apple sauce is my favorite (and my bf’s too).

Though now that I am trying to slim down, I need to find a better recipe; maybe one that uses a different flour other than white.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 30, 2010

I think it was my cooking (and some baking) that pulled my husband in!

Lauren August 30, 2010

What a great spin on muffins. I am so use to seeing the plain old blueberry or chocolate chip that these are such a nice change! :)

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) August 30, 2010

Um delicious! All that fruit and the nut butter!? Yes please! Sadly my boyfriend isn’t so big on sweets…but my Sunday morning breakfasts always win him over…!

Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA August 30, 2010

Last year for his birthday I gave my then-boyfriend something like 10 loaves of pumpkin bread that he could freeze and eat at will. It was a good gift because he was extremely lazy!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 30, 2010

I’m going to make these for my own love muffin!! He loves my double chocolate peanut butter chip cake, but it’s not exactly healthy, so these sound like the perfect alternative :) Thanks for sharing!

Marrishka August 30, 2010

Those muffins look SO good! I noticed banana in the recipe title but I didn’t see the banana in the ingredient list…?? I love anything banana so just curious…

Christina August 31, 2010

I noticed that too, hehe. I LOVE bananas!

Andrea August 30, 2010

Yuummmmmm strawberry muffins! They look excellent. I don’t know if I’ve wooed anyone with my baking per se but all of my friends enjoy my love of baking! I’m a big recipe experimenter and I try out all of my creations on friends and family. My “signature” baking recipe is probably the classic chocolate chip cookie- I got the recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook and it turns out perfectly chewy cookies each time :)

Erin August 30, 2010

Ooh those look wonderful. I made your brownies today…SOO YUMMAY! I love the texture and consistency of them. I added a handful of walnuts and even my husband LOVED them. Thank you!!!

Rachel (two healthy plates) August 30, 2010

I made my husband a batch of Joy the Bakers peanut butter bacon cookies once ( I know, I know – but boys love bacon) I’m pretty sure if we weren’t already married those cookies would have made him ask! Haha

Those muffins look so good!

Caitlin (EatFeats) August 30, 2010

What a sweet story! I make a pretty mean gluten-free peanut butter cookie, but that’s mostly because it’s only peanut butter and sugar. My favorite thing to make for my boy is pancakes!

I also snort when I laugh, and everyone thinks it is hilarious, so you are not alone.

Marrishka August 30, 2010

Oh, and I forgot to add…when my husband and I were dating in college, he always told me how much he loved my vegetarian chili. He was a big meat and potatoes guy so I always felt so good knowing he loved my meatless chili. It wasn’t until we were married about 10 years that he told me he didn’t really like it as much as he let on! Oh well, I still make it and he still eats it! :)

Kiersten August 30, 2010

Sarcastic teasing, ability to trip over imaginary things, and constantly baking? I thought you were talking about me for a minute, lol. I’ve been wooing my boyfriend with food and baked goods for 4 years. It seems to be working so far!

Chelsea at Striking Balance August 30, 2010

Yum those muffins look awesome. I may just be blind, but I don’t see any banana in the ingredients?

I definitely wooed my boyfriend (and his entire family) with my baking. They now demand me to make dessert for whichever occasion we are celebrating..and my Christmas gifts for his family is a huge dessert platter filled with different cookies, squares, etc.

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 30, 2010

What a sweet story! I love how the strawberries just POP out of those muffins — so beautiful!

Jason was definitely wooed by my baking — dairy free blueberry muffins were his favorite (still are…). But you know what really wooed him? I would pack him containers of veggies for his lunch. When we started dating he could go days or weeks without a veggie — until he met me :) I would pack him cut up veggies and all of his coworkers were super jealous :)

Lisa August 30, 2010

Yum, these look AMAZING. Question: could they be made with all spelt flour (instead of the white flour)? Or, do you have another suggestion for a white-flour alternative?

Thanks!

Emily August 30, 2010

Muffins look gorgeous and delicious, too! My mom and I are all about the Christmas cookies and I think the molasses ones are the ones that keep people coming back for more :)

Tina August 30, 2010

I love the way couples get started and their special little “things”. Those muffins look like something I would love too.

Nicole August 30, 2010

These look delicious and I am definitely making these in the near future!
I was wondering where the banana was, though..?
and can I use white flour instead of spelt? and regular baking powder?
Meaning, will it taste the same? haha

Thanks!

sarah August 30, 2010

Hello!

Would you ever consider giving a little camera “tutorial” or picture taking advice post?? Just wondering!!! BE-UTIFUL pictures as always.

Emily August 30, 2010

I second that request!

Viviane August 30, 2010

Those love muffins look awesome!
One of my signature dish is definitely tiramisu, I get lots of requests for that one!

MB August 30, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHA…I can say with complete certainty that nobody could ever be wooed by my cooking or baking. I may have to give the love muffins a try though …

Erin August 30, 2010

I love making muffins — I’ve whipped up a few different kinds this summer but am excited even more when the weather gets cold and they become a fantastic snack along with tea.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 30, 2010

I was a WOW widow for a while too.

…my husband has since moved on to Starcraft 2

Ana August 30, 2010

Looks delicious!! I love making/baking muffins, there are many muffin recipes on my blog as I also bake muffins every week for my hubby to have for breakfast and late night snacks. I started this after getting married, but it also worked, he got hooked and the muffins are truly a daily treat for him (always made from scratch and as healthy as possible!) – and we have been married for almost 11 years!
Your muffins look truly good Angela, I will definitely try them this week. Only thing is that I only see bananas in the tittle, not in the ingredient list or directions…?!?!
Love your blog and recipes!
Ana

Amanda (Sweet and Savory Vegan) August 30, 2010

I definitely wooed my man with my cooking and baking; I’m lucky enough that he says everything I make is his favorite, but I know he has a soft spot for my blueberry almond cookies.

Liza (Health Nutting) August 30, 2010

I LOVE muffins and these looks amazing! I will have to try these for SURE! :) MMMMM.

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 30, 2010

Such a sweet story.

Hunni finally got the guts to ask me out (after professing he would never date me) the week I made from scratch chocolate chip cookies and shared a few with him. :-)

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 30, 2010

Hmm, maybe I should make these for my boyfriend?? :) We have been dating for almost 6 years…

Nathalie August 30, 2010

I am responsible for bringing a snack to the office on Friday! I am going to make these for sure! What a great recipe! Yum yum! It has everything I love: strawberries, nut butter, chia seeds, almond milk.

diana August 30, 2010

haha, i love this post! so cute yet so funny.

Monique@She's Going The Distance August 30, 2010

What a great recipe :) thanks for sharing it!!

Page 1 of 3123»