Boys Will Be Boys

Greetings!

Wow all your Fright in the Night stories totally creeped me out today! I can’t believe what some of you have been through. I think all of my replies were along the lines of…OMG!!!!

As for our own Fright in the Night situation, I did some detective work today. I emailed the entire street and told them what happened and asked them if they experienced anything out of the ordinary.

You know you are in a small town when your street sends out email blasts to each other.

I got a reply from our neighbour at the end of our street saying that the same thing happened to him at 4am!!! Him and his wife actually saw two people hiding in the bushes in their yard after they rang the bell. They were teenage boys…and you know, boys will be boys. Especially teenage boys…in the summer…in a small town. It is boring around here let me tell you. My husband was a boy in this neighbourhood and I have heard some stories that I shall not repeat on this blog.

I just hope this wake-up call doesn’t become a weekly occurrence or I am going to have to start dumping Green Monsters from the second floor window!! Kind of like when the kids used to get ‘slimed’ on Nickelodeon. It doesn’t get much better.

~~~~

Today was a rest day from exercise and I say the word ‘rest’ quite loosely because I baked for 8 hours today! I was on my feet all day long and I am feeling quite drained from last night’s lack of sleep.

As a result, dinner tonight was quick and easy…

Leftover Anything Goes Veggie Roast

IMG 4380 thumb   Boys Will Be Boys

YUM!!!

And an Amy’s veggie burger with hummus, tomato paste, spinach, basil, and toasted Ezekiel bread.

IMG 4388 thumb   Boys Will Be Boys

Double yum.

IMG 43882 thumb   Boys Will Be Boys

Simple and satisfying.

I am off to get caught up on some emails and comments. After that, I hope to read EPL (never had time last night) and then get a good night’s sleep (*knocks on wood).

See you tomorrow morning for some decorating pictures of our family room. I will also tell you what easy trick finally allowed us to move forward with the decorating process.

Sweet Dreams!

Callie July 26, 2010

Glad you found out what the fright in the night was. Hopefully it never happens again, but Green Monster slime would be pretty cool. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 26, 2010

Ahh good ole’ pranks. -_- At least it wasn’t paired with an egging or anything like that! And yeah, hope it was a one time thing only! Which, if I were pulling the pranks, it would be for fear of the cops being called and patrolling for a while. Good thing GM’s always save the day!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 26, 2010

Hmmmm maybe the boys are just hungry. Perhaps leave them a couple Globars with a note saying not to disturb. While you’re at it throw in “Beware of CAT” as a scare tactic :)

Amy’s Veg Burgers are great!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 27, 2010

haha ‘my cat will CUT you’

Lauren July 26, 2010

Leftover anything goes veggie roast! Love it! :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 26, 2010

Oh please slime them with GMs. And set up a video camera so you can share!

Courtney (Delightful Devours) July 26, 2010

It is stories like these that make me happy I live in a small condo. Your green monster slime sounds fantastic! Make sure you get pictures :)

christina cadden July 26, 2010

That food looks amazing!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 26, 2010

Oh, I am so glad it was just two boys, who didn’t mean more harm than giving you a scare! We’ve had people break into our house (after coming back from church of all places), who were actually in the house hiding when we arrived home! Thankfully my mom saw that it had been broken into quickly and drove us to our neighbors house. I was six at the time.

Camille July 26, 2010

Mmm, looks delicious!
Hope you have an uninterrupted sleep tonight!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 26, 2010

Oh yes…boys will be boys! At least you know that the culprit is just a menace, and not an actual threat. Here’s hoping you get more rest tonight!

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 26, 2010

I hope that never happens to you again (the banging on the door). It’s nice though that you can email your neighbors, and good thing that they were just some boys. Dumping GM’s on them is a great idea :)

Allison @ Food For Healing July 26, 2010

hopefully you have a quiet night tonight!

Daniel July 26, 2010

I lol’d at the idea of dumping green monsters on them. I always wondered what the slime felt and tasted like when I would watch Nickelodeon when I was younger, haha.

Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 26, 2010

“I just hope this wake-up call doesn’t become a weekly occurrence or I am going to have to start dumping Green Monsters from the second floor window” >>> hahaha this made me giggle out loud!!!!!

Bridget July 26, 2010

Young boys are definitely little trouble makers! They grow out of it eventually…..mostly :P

Stefanie July 26, 2010

Hopefully you get a great nights sleep. Your left over veggies look great. Sometimes the best workouts occur during work. :-)

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 26, 2010

I can’t say that I have my neighbors email or even phone numbers. I only have two neighbors phone numbers and that is because one is my grandma and the other my best friend.

katherine July 26, 2010

The one good thing about teenage boys is that they have VERY short attention spans so I’m sure they’ll move on soon ;-)

Hope you get a good night’s sleep!

Heather (Heather's Dish) July 26, 2010

1. my husband is blaming you for my recent purchase and obsession with EPL :)

2. i can’t wait for the new decorating tip!

3. i have already used the last one you gave and hanging pictures has never been easier!

Laura July 26, 2010

Well, my husband says yes, it was a Coyote last night. I find teenage boys a little scarier truthfully! But then I didn’t actually see the coyote!

I had a lovely dinner I bet you’d love tonight. An open faced live avocado sandwich. Basically a whole avocado on flax bread with vegan pesto and a big salad with edible flowers on top! Reminded me of the beauty of one of your creations.

Sleep well! I am back in the city with familiar people noises instead of critters, so I hope to do the same!

Chelsey July 26, 2010

That is so cute you emailed your street about what happened! You are too funny!

tanyasDailyProductViews July 26, 2010

atleast you know, it makes it better

Rachael July 26, 2010

Small towns and pranks go hand in hand. Glad you’re ok and it was nothing more serious.
Hope tonight is smoother!

Lauren M. July 26, 2010

I HAVE to know. Are the carrot showgirls somewhere in that veggie roast??

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 27, 2010

haha Nope!
I had them today. It was a sad moment.

Kristina July 26, 2010

you should fill up water balloons with green monster… and keep them on ice… ready. :)

Jess @ MTL Veggie July 26, 2010

Stupid teenage boys! I like your idea for Green Monster sliming- very creative. Although I would suggest you make it with the excess CSA veggies that are just too far gone to consume. No need to waste the good stuff on little boys. ;)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete July 26, 2010

What is your favorite flavor of Ezekial bread? I love cinnamon raisin, but that doesn’t really work for a sandwich!

I like the Green Monster-Slime idea, although I wouldn’t want to waste a drop of a good GM! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 27, 2010

I dont know what flavour this is but I buy the ORANGE bag! lol

Heather July 26, 2010

I would be so scared if I woke up to that in the middle of the night! talk about a heart attack!

April @ Crazy Fabulous Life July 26, 2010

Wow! What an experience. I’m glad that it’s nothing more than pranks, though those kids need to be more respectful. Teenagers or not, that is very rude :(

Wei-Wei July 27, 2010

I feel bad that my generation of kids has to be represented by the likes of those two. D:<

Wei-Wei

Gypsy July 27, 2010

The small town pranks are kinda nostalgic (albeit not any less annoying). With all the violence these days makes things like doorbell ringing and mailbox smashing seem so innocent :)
Sorry you lost sleep though – I needed an extra punch this morning too and treated myself to an extra half of banana in my soft serve!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 27, 2010

Whoa. Just read your last post. I have been the victim of violent crime, home invasions, and more. Yes, I have been woken up in the middle of the night and am frankly glad I’m alive after a few of the things I have woken up to. Used to live downtown Chicago.

I am glad your situation was not too traumatic but I can imagine feeling very antsy and edgy for a long time to come after that!

Get some sleep my friend! Oh and kids, they wake you up in the middle of the night, every night. I haven’t slept more than 3 hrs in a row in 4 years!

Maya July 27, 2010

I can’t believe Eric grew up in the same neighborhood! How cool. I live in the countryside, and it’s true, bored teenagers will do stupid things. No one around here has nice mailboxes because kids beat them up with baseball bats in the middle of the night. That is, when they aren’t hanging out at the isolated McDonald’s parking lot at 3 am. Good times.

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 27, 2010

Aaah that must be a relief to know what it was :) but seriously, teenage boys are so annoying!!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 27, 2010

Slime ‘em, slime ‘em!!! That would be so great. In all seriousness, I’m sorry you had to deal with that!! Darn boys!

Danielle @ Body By Nature July 27, 2010

Revenge of the Green Monster would be sorta awesome :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 27, 2010

Whew! At least you know you’re not alone! Though that’s pretty crazy.

I want your burger! It’s nice to know that someone else out there realizes everything is better with hummus.

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans July 27, 2010

I love the idea of pouring GMs on those kids..the Nickelodeon reference is too god!!
I also love that you are so close with your neighbours. I live in an apartment and I don’t even know mine all that well.

Kiersten July 27, 2010

I am always amazed at the insane stories my boyfriend tells me about things he did when he was a kid. Boys are nuts. I hope those kids stop doing that to you in the middle of the night. If not, you might have to go out there and scare ‘em a little. lol.

Joanna July 27, 2010

Noooo don’t pour GM’s on them! The GM’s are too precious to waste! Pour something else on them, something gross like old grease (if you have any of that around which I doubt you do bc I don’t either). Lol.

Seriously, though, have you thought about doing a GM facebook page? If you did it, I’m sure it would be very popular!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 27, 2010

im Sooooo bad with facebook. lol. I have a Glo Bakery one and I never think to update it. Not enough time in the day!

Joanna July 27, 2010

I get the feeling from your posts that things with the Glo Bakery are going well, otherwise I’d encourage you to update it more. My friends opened a Bakery here in town and said Facebook was the best advertisement. That stuff is viral! It is interesting to me that the health blogs seem to be separate from Facebook though. But if ur too busy there is def no point in adding more craziness! :)

Page 1 of 212»