E-Work

Good evening!

Thank you for sharing your thought’s in this morning’s Friend in the Mirror post..lots of interesting insights and stories.

Today I had what I call an ‘E-work’ day- which is a ‘paperwork’ day just on the computer, electronically. I have a Retail Sales Tax return due Friday so I have been working on that as well as inputting all my receipts, banking, and invoices. Mileage tracking didn’t get done yet.  I need to start setting the time aside each week to chip away at it because I hadn’t touched my business tracking document since my corporate tax return in the winter. It wasn’t a pretty sight!

I actually have G-cal email me and pop-up every Friday to remind me to do my E-work, but I have been ignoring the messages for about 6 months now!

[For my post on how to use Gmail Calendar see here. Clearly, I am an example of what not to do! lol]

Dinner tonight was the quickest kind…the leftover kind. Hallelujah.

Featuring leftover Patty Pan Stuffed Squash:

IMG 3625 thumb   E Work

Cute as a button!

IMG 3602 thumb   E Work

The stuffed zucchini was yummy too.

IMG 3598 thumb   E Work

and leftover Beet, Apple, Orange, and Raspberry salad:

IMG 3601 thumb   E Work

I admit this wasn’t the best flavour pairing, but I had to use up the leftovers before we pick up the CSA tonight so it was this or the garbage. I am happy to report I ate almost all of the produce this week! Eric helped too. Teamwork! Our two crispers are ready for another fill.

I will leave you with some of my favourite links over the past week…enjoy!

Health News Round Up

Spotted:

Tonight, I hope to accomplish several things: 1) Finish tax return, 2) Hang smallest collage of food photos, 3) fold laundry (darks), 4) Upload more photography prints to online store, 5) Garbage night, 6) READ EPL.

I will be lucky if I get one of the above done, but crazier things have happened. lol. Have a GREAT night!

Bethany @ More Fruit Please July 21, 2010

I’m terrible too about ignoring my calendar reminders! It kinda defeats the purpose, but I’d still rather have some sort of visibility of what I’m supposed to be doing!

hunter July 21, 2010

I for one am tackling that cherry/banana/coconut bread recipe later tonight. I am counting on it to satisfy a 3-fold craving I have for muffins, bread, and carby sweetness…oh yes.

Alyssa @ Bride To Be Fit July 21, 2010

I do the same thing with my “To-Do” lists… I think I have FAR more time to get things done then I actually do. Isn’t it the most rewarding feeling when you are successfully able to cross off everything on your list, though?! Love it.

Jessica @ Rawtumn July 21, 2010

Oooh I missed that patty pan squash last night, they really are so adorable! Looks scrumptious! Good luck with all that you need to get done tonight, sending productive thoughts! =P

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 21, 2010

I can’t imagine all the work you need to do on the computer. That would drive me mad!

Tina July 21, 2010

Isn’t it amazing how sitting at a computer all day can be so draining and exhausting? I had a computer day today too and BLAH by the end of it.

Marie July 21, 2010

Great links! I’ve just started taking advantage of the Google calender, and so far it’s been really helpful, although I admit to ignoring some things, too :D

sui July 21, 2010

how do you spot people who make your recipes? I posted a photo of my cherry banana coconut butter bread here! http://s.rvxn.org/2010/07/19/you-answered-i-listened/ :D

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 21, 2010

I always love your links! I think I’m addicted to them :)

Chelsey July 21, 2010

I hate doing things at night (chores that is) – once dinner is over, I am just done for!!!

christina cadden July 21, 2010

You have been busy!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 21, 2010

Ooh I’m gonna go read the link about the effects of prolonged sitting. Seeing as how I sat in front of my computer ALL DAY LONG, I’m sure this will make me feel superb :) Oh well, I’m headed to the gym soon so all is not lost!

Allison @ Food For Healing July 21, 2010

stuffed zucchini, i must have that again, its delish!

Heather July 21, 2010

sounds like you have a busy night, good luck!

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 21, 2010

Doing a little bit of those tasks each week really helps… that way you won’t have to have a ton to do later. But sometimes I’m the same way, I’d rather relax and do what I love and then have a pile of work later. It’s worth it sometimes! :)

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana July 21, 2010

My goal someday is to be featured on your blog ;)

tanyasdaily July 21, 2010

A busy day is a good thing!

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 21, 2010

Leftovers aren’t exciting but the convenience makes them the best.

Bridget July 21, 2010

Loving these health round ups. Thanks Ange ;)

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 21, 2010

I’ve given up on my to-do list for today! It just didn’t happen! Your patty pan squash looks so yummy!

holly @ couchpotatoathlete.wordpress.com July 21, 2010

I love making to do lists, even if there is not way I’ll get it all done. Some things will get pushed to the following day, but the intent was there!

Lisa (BBB) July 21, 2010

Argh this just reminded me that I need to do my taxes. I have papers everywhere AND seeing as we moved house recently I suspect that some of it is tucked away on boxes eeeek

Sheri July 21, 2010

I am a total to-do list girl! It is the only way I can stayed organzied. I usually end up doing the tasks a little at a time over the week. Your little sqaush look so good! You spotted that I have an absolute LOVE of your VOO…I have plans for some for breakfast in the morning! :)

Hannah July 21, 2010

mmmmmm thoses stuffed vegggies look so delicious!!!

Kris | iheartwellness.com July 21, 2010

What cute squashes!!

I list my whole day out, sometimes twice! For some reason I work better if I physically write it out in my planner with a pencil. I can’t use a calendar online, etc.

xxoo

Caitlin July 21, 2010

I’m totally a planner pad girl, but I just set up a G-Cal with your instructions, because let’s face it…you’re usually right about things as I’ve discovered while perusing your blog. (short-time reader, first time caller!) I just about peed my pants when I realized I could PRINT my G-Cal! Seriously, WHERE was this in college?! So thanks. For g-cal, for green monsters, for VOO, and for running and cooking inspiration!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 22, 2010

haha glad you enjoy it!

Amelia July 21, 2010

Your patty pan squash are so cute. I would say that eating stuffed squash and eating it in the form of zucchini bread are my two favorite ways. Can’t wait to see what you get next in your CSA!

Nicole July 21, 2010

mmm your meals always look so good! I just finished reading The Kind Diet. I was wondering if youve read it? Its by Alicia Silverstone!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 22, 2010

Not yet!

Gypsy July 21, 2010

That ny times article about prolonged sitting is kinda depressing :/
I’ve been trying to get up from my desk more often at work and do my desk stretches but sometimes I’m so busy and I don’t have too many tasks to do that doesn’t involve being at the computer or the phone.
I wonder if just standing at your desk helps…

Thanks for all the great links – I emailed myself the no bake desserts to check out later.

Made the Frosty Glo Cakes (carob peanut butter) this morning – FANTASTIC

traviesa July 22, 2010

Thanks for the link about hoop dancing. ^^

Having recently gotten into it myself, I’d fully recommend it to anyone who is looking for some type of fun, creative workout.

And for anyone interested in more information, there are tons of awesome videos and tutorials on youtube, as well as an awesome forum for all aspects of hoop dancing (tricks, making hoops, tutorials, get-togethers, etc…) at HoopCity.

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com July 22, 2010

such a great way to use up summer squashes and zukes!!!

thanks for the links!! ive got some time to kill before bed so ima go look through a few of these that sound REALLY interesting <3

xo

Heather (Heather's Dish) July 22, 2010

wow, that is quite the to-do list! i bet you rock it anyway though :)

Marijke July 22, 2010

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to share with you that I made some of your Frosty No-bake Glo Cakes last night and I took them into work this morning. We were having a really horrible morning when I suddenly remember my little treats in the freezer so I whipped them out to surprise everybody… they were such a hit! And they really lifted the mood! And my boss didn’t even complain when I got a big mashed banana/peanut butter smudge on my files… oooops! :)

Thanks for sharing such a great, simple recipe!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 22, 2010

Glad you enjoy them…I had them for breakfast one morning too…they were great!

Wei-Wei July 22, 2010

I bet EPL will definitely happen! BTW – how do you do your spotting? Just googling? Or analytics?

Wei-Wei

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 22, 2010

pingbacks :)

Vicky @ eat live sweat July 22, 2010

I think parfait’s are in my near future. They look delicious!

Brit July 22, 2010

hey girl. I noticed you were listening to drake’s “over” for new running tunes! and I JUST downloaded that too! heres some must haves
whitney houston remixed– ” its not right but its okay”
david guetta ft. kelly rowland–”when love takes over”
mstrkrft—”all i do is party”
dragonette–”dont be funny”
YELLE—”cause de garcons”
b.o.b ft….??—-”airplanes”
jennifer lopez—”doin it right”

all of the above are guaranteed to move your legs so you dont have too. you can just think about how wonderful breakfast will be when you get home!!