My Heart Beets For You

IMG_3220

Good evening! I hope you have had a good start to your week. Another amazing bunch of comments on this morning’s post. So many awesome thoughts, ideas, inspirations, and stories. Thank you for sharing!

My day has flown by and I got quite a bit crossed off the list. All day long I had to fight the urge to ditch all my work and go read, lol. However, I use the book as a ‘treat’ at the end of a work day. I am really looking forward to reading before bed tonight, cuddled up on the couch with Eric and Sketchie!

I also noticed an increase in my energy today after having such a relaxing and rejuvenating day yesterday. I decided this will have to become a Sunday tradition!

Speaking of energy…

IMG_3219

It may be no secret that I did not enjoy beets until my 26th year when I started juicing with them. I learned to love the taste of beets in a juice and I have had a beet juice at least once a week for the past few months. It is simply delicious!

IMG_1930

One thing I never got over was eating beets whole.

I still have bad memories of the canned beets my dad used to try to get me to eat at Thanksgiving. He would open the can and the beets would come out looking just like a can, complete with little ring imprints around this beet puree mold. Horrifying I tell you. If you have been there, you feel my pain. Ever since my childhood I have crossed beets off my ‘must learn to enjoy’ list. My dad still eats canned beets to this day and I always quietly chuckle to myself whenever we have a holiday meal together and I see the canned beets come out! To this day, he is the only person who dares to touch the canned beets. Bless his heart.

However, I now appreciate a couple things:

1) Canned beets are not the same as fresh beets

2) My tastes are growing and adapting over the years

These days, I have a desire to experiment more with my diet so I figured why not take the plunge and prepare some fresh beets? Who knows, I might actually enjoy them!

IMG_3239

Beet, Apple, and Orange Salad in a Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette

Adapted from Vegetarian.about.com.

Ingredients:

• 3 fresh beets
  • 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
  • 2 apples, sliced
  • 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, for garnish
  • Salad greens (spinach, romaine, etc.)
  • Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette (see below)
  • Shredded coconut, for garnish
  • Fresh Raspberries, for garnish

Directions: Rinse beets and cut off ends. Toss beets in a medium sized pot filled half way with water. Turn burner heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes until beets are soft. While the beets are cooking, chop apple and peel and chop orange. Remove any seeds from orange. Remove beets from heat and drain. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Once cool, thinly slice the beets. Add the apple, orange, and beets to a medium sized bowl and mix. Make the Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette (see below) and then pour over this mixture mixing it very well. Serve over top your choice of greens and sprinkle with sunflower seeds, fresh raspberries, and coconut. Serves 2.

IMG_3214

Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider for the sweeter taste)
  • 1 tbsp cold-pressed sunflower oil (or your choice of oil, EVOO works well)
  • 7-8 fresh raspberries, mashed with fork
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup

Directions: Mix. [That was easy!]

IMG_3215

I loved this homemade raspberry vinaigrette…so easy!

A gorgeous, bright and colourful summer salad appeared before my eyes…

IMG_3235

I was just smitten by how beautiful it was. It was love at first sight.

IMG_3240

…and love at first bite!

I actually surprised myself and I loved this beet salad! I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about eating cooked beets, but I loved them. They definitely exceeded my expectations.

IMG_3232

The one thing I still haven’t gotten over is the smell of beets, specifically the smell of cooked beets, but I am sure I will get used to it over time. I think I need to slowly disentangle my bad memories of canned beets from the fresh ones.

Dessert was a new take on my Frosty No-Bake Glo Cakes!

IMG_3269

I will be sharing the recipe with you tomorrow morning, so hang tight! They were deelish and frosty. Mmmm me oh my.

Eric is taking me out on a date tonight. He won’t tell me where we are going but he said to make sure I have air in my tires, my bike tires that is. haha. I’ll bring along the camera and show you some pictures tomorrow morning! Have a great night.

1 tanyasdaily July 19, 2010

I like beets,esp when they are cold…..and color is so pretty!

2 Kara @ MyWellnest July 19, 2010

I’m tempted to try beets in juice as your juice always looks amazing!!!

3 Tina July 19, 2010

I haven’t been able to bring myself to eat fresh beets yet either because of childhood canned beet trauma. They certainly do look good and so fresh though.

4 Kathryn July 19, 2010

I’ve always hated beets too, until I started juicing them. My tastes have changed so much since being vegan and healthy (I never liked brussels or peas but now I love them!). I have been too afraid to try them unjuiced still. I sure do love the color of beet juice and they are so pretty I WANT to love them!

Beautiful salad!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

My tastes have totally changed too!

6 Rachael July 19, 2010

I’ve a weird one – loved beets since I was a baby. My mom has many a fun, embarrasing story about the bowel movements that resulted, which she loves to pull out in front of my partner.
Still love them today – last summer i went through a beets phase where I ate my weight in simple salads – raw beets, cilantro, greens and apple cider vinegar every single day.
Enjoy your date!

7 Stacie July 19, 2010

You two enjoy your date! How cute on a weeknight :) I’m sure your pics (and Eric’s) will be fab.
Tootles,
Stacie

8 Courtney (delightful devours) July 19, 2010

Those no-bake Glo Cakes look amazing! I will be waiting with anticipation for this recipe! I always find your recipes to exceed my expectations (especially your peanut butter swirl pancakes! Loved those!)

9 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! July 19, 2010

I feel you on the new found beet love. They just have to be prepared properly (and not from a can!).

10 Paula July 19, 2010

Love the blog title :). I smiled goofily to myself at my desk when I read it.

11 Ariane July 19, 2010

i made my first beet juice today! your juice pictures always look so gorgeous, and i finally worked up the courage to try it out. yum! thanks for the motivation! : )

12 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 19, 2010

I had a similar beet phobia when I was a child that I wrote about last Wednesday (I decided to give the veggie another chance by roasting a few in the oven… the result was pretty dece.) I wouldn’t go as far as to say I love them, but I’d definitely eat them if they were served to me.

Have fun on your date! So cute! I can’t wait to see the photos. :)

13 sarah July 19, 2010

That is an aswesome title, I love it!!

14 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 19, 2010

That dressing looks delish! I always use your better than bottled balsamic – so I can’t wait to try this!

15 Stefanie July 19, 2010

I never thought I would like beets until I tried them about a year ago. They are best when freshly roasted. The beet greens are good too. That salad looks great. Now i’m craving beets. Have a great night :)

p.s. Sketchie is such a cute cate. He reminds me of my cat at my parents house. It sounds like he has the same personality traits as Sketchie too.

16 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) July 19, 2010

LOL – I LOVE canned beets! I don’t even need to warm them up … cold out of the can is good for me!

17 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 19, 2010

I am SO excited for the recipe :)

18 Kerry July 19, 2010

My Mom eats canned beets too. My sister and I hated them so much, that we used to take all the cans from the pantry whenever there was a canned food drive at school. (Clearly, we didn’t grasp the concept of charity, trying to give the beets to those who needed help – we’ve grown since then.)

This year, I finally tried roasting fresh beets, and loved them. I have had 3 beet recipes on my blog in 2010. My Mom is shocked, but happy. My sister has not yet been converted, but I am working on it. :) Have a great date night.

19 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

hahah love that

20 erica July 19, 2010

i love canned beets! hahaha. :)
have fun on your date night! can’t wait to see what he had planned!

21 Erin July 19, 2010

I have to admit that beets totally gross me out. I’ve had them a couple of times (only canned) and the flavor totally puts me off. Plus I can’t help but think of Dwight from ‘The Office.’ ;)

22 Emily July 19, 2010

This salad looks absolutely PHENOMENAL! I must replicate it soon, I also am glad you showed a new way to cook beets, I always thought it was canned or roasting them for hours!

Also been loving your talks about Eat, Pray, Love. That is one of my favorite books of all time, I cannot wait to hear what you think when you finish! It really inspired me one year of my life when I went through a big roller coaster with many of the same themes as Elizabeth. I related to her time in Italy, eating to soothe ones soul. I was first introduced to yoga that year and found such an awakening with the practice. And the love part, I will let you get to in the book but I was so grateful and inspired for having read it. Enjoy the rest and thanks for the great posts lately!!

23 Peggy July 19, 2010

I LOOVE beets. We had fresh cooked beets on the salad bar in college, and I went through a phase my senior year when I ate so many my pee turned pink! And, a funny beet story. One day I was loading up my salad with my beloved beets when an older man in line behind me (an alum, maybe?) told me “My mom always said that beets make you beautiful. I guess she was right!” I was so flattered I wanted to hug him. But instead I just ate even more beets. :)

24 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 19, 2010

I have seen beets so much in the blogworld lately! The salad looked delicious, though! As did those glo-cakes!!!

25 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 19, 2010

These might be some new favorite foodie pictures! I heart beets — what a creative title, too : )

Enjoy your night <3

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

Thank you :) I might have to print one of the photos out!

27 Callie July 19, 2010

I’ve always been scared of beets. My family also used to buy the canned ones. I hated how they tasted and I haven’t tried another beet since then. That salad looks so good, maybe I’d like fresh beets better?

28 Lizzie July 19, 2010

Your beet story is my story – it wasn’t until i was with a gal pal in NYC and we stumbled across this funky little restaurant that I was able to overcome my fear of beets. My mum used to boil them and the stench was unbelievable! But this little place had a beet and goat cheese salad that looked able to overcome those smelly obstacles . . . and it was really good. I have been admiring your beet juices – so much color!! Hope you had a fun evening. We went for an Angela inspired walk, but had to kick it up a notch as there was a storm coming in, so no frozen yogurt stop (there was a line out the door, and while it’s good, it’s not “rainsoaked’ good :)). So maybe some best chocolate pudding you’ll ever have is in order! :)

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

hah that’s cute!

30 Gypsy July 19, 2010

I’ve been thinking about those Frosty No-Bake Glo Cakes since you first posted! That’s it – I’m making them tonight!!

I didn’t like beets either growing up – of course they were canned – one of my strongest memories from pre-school was sitting at the lunch table with beets looming on my plate. We weren’t allowed to leave until we ate them :/
But I love beets now – especially cold beets in a salad with nuts and goat cheese :) yummy

31 bitt July 19, 2010

beet juice started giving me a sore throat, this has happened to a few others. it hurts so i quit them. i am kind of off of beets raw but like them roasted or pickled. they are great for the liver.

thanks for the raw cookie recipe this morning!

32 Rowie July 19, 2010

What a beautiful salad!!! I have never been a fan of beets, they smell and taste like dirt to me. Recently a woman who works at the bakery with me made a citrus marinated beet salad, kinda almost pickled…and it was actually good! Now the rude comments fly whenever i’m caught eating it at work, caught “red handed” with my fingers in the salad bowl!

33 Lynda July 19, 2010

I was just having dinner with my friends last week and the topic of beets came up…my friend said that she couldn’t stand the taste of beets because they tasted like dirt! I’ve never had them and now I’m afraid :) I know I don’t like dirt.

34 Charlie July 19, 2010

I actually always loved beets! When I was a child, I was so HAPPY when we had some! My mother prepared cooked beets with a little butter on them and it was really good!
That salad looks absolutely delicious :)

35 Jackie July 19, 2010

I feel your pain with the beets. I’m still not able to eat them but I do LOVE them juicing them. Growing up I couldn’t stomach asparagus either. Mom used to serve canned asparagus, yes that’s right I said canned asparagus. It was foul tasting mush. Now that I’m all grown up and have experienced fresh asparagus I can’t get enough. Would you believe to this day my parents have not had fresh asparagus.

36 Mallory July 19, 2010

Can you share what kind of juicer you use? Do you like it?

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

It is a Breville Fountain Elite. It works just ‘OK’…it has a really hard time with beets, for example.

38 Lauren July 19, 2010

I have to agree, there is a distinct difference between fresh beets and canned! I just wish they weren’t such a pain to prepare. ;)

39 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 19, 2010

Oh wow glo cakes, you look so good.

40 Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana July 19, 2010

I love beets, but didn’t start eating them until I was about 27 or 28 I think. We’re just late bloomers that’s all.

Roasted beets, turnips, celery root, and parsnips with rosemary and chevre cheese is awesome!

41 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 19, 2010

I still don’t like beets! I really wish I did though.

42 Lisa @ BBB July 19, 2010

My oh my – such a gorgeous looking salad!!!!
have fun tonight!

43 Annie@stronghealthyfit July 19, 2010

That salad looks divine! I love beets.

44 Pure2Raw Twins July 19, 2010

I agree canned beets are not the same as fresh ;) Glad you are starting to like beets, they are one of my favorites!

45 Daniel July 19, 2010

Canned beets are almost an entirely different vegetable in my opinion haha!
I think beets are probably one of my most favorite veggies and near the top of the ones I love to roast (only behind squash!).

Your salad photos are spectacular too, really captures all of the vibrant colors. :D

46 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

thank you!

47 Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA July 19, 2010

That looks good, and I’d definitely like to eat more beets. I’d never tried them until last year and as it is I think they’re OK – I’ll eat them, but I’ve only made them once myself.

I’ve never heard of canned beets. Is that a Canadian thing?

I used to babysit two kids ages 2 and 4 and they loooooved beets. Their mom would get out a jar of pickled beets and they would shriek for joy, “Beets! Beets!” and then we would spend an hour eating them. I thought it was hilarious, but their mom always acted really excited about beets and so the kids felt it, too.

48 kaila July 19, 2010

I, like you, just started loving beets like last year! i love them in juices and especially in salads. I make a mean beet salad with kalamata olives, red onion, sliced apples, beets (obvi. lol), and homemade balsamic dressing! yum!

49 Caz July 19, 2010

You MUST roast beets. They’re so delicious (seriously taste like candy) and then you don’t throw out all the nutrients with the boiling water.

I can’t get over the colour of beets. I LOVE, love love them. They’re much more common here in Australia than in Canada (I only knew of pickled beets as a kid) and I’ve certainly learned to love them.

50 Heather July 19, 2010

not really a beet person, but you make it all look so pretty!

51 Caroline July 19, 2010

Love beets, Angela! (but definitely not from a can, noooo m’am!) I’m really weird and can’t bear to slice them in circles because it reminds me of the canned ones. I always have to cube them! Just an idiosyncracy, I suppose. I always put mine with goat cheese and arugula, but I can see how the oranges and apples would bring out their natural sweetness. Oooh and I’m making VOO tonight…I don’t have chia seeds so I’ll have to use flax meal. Fingers crossed!

52 Pam July 19, 2010

Oh no! What am I missing with beets? So many beet fans. I just can’t go near them, for various reasons, lol. It is the one veggie I can’t handle. Gorgeous salad, though. I’ll pretend all the beets are strawberries.

53 Allison @ Food For Healing July 19, 2010

i love pickled beets, and beet relish (beets with horseradish) my mom makes it the best!
lots of flavour and kick to them.

54 Jennifer July 20, 2010

Hi! I need your help..pretty please? LOL. I tried making your overnight oats, except mine came out all soupy. Any ideas why? They sound so good.

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

use more chia seeds and make sure to stir very well before and in the morning :)

56 Camille July 20, 2010

What a colorful meal! I love it :)

57 Meg July 20, 2010

So apparently I’m rather alone in my lifelong canned or fresh true love affair for beets! My mom has pictures of me with beet juice staining my little toddler face. Naturally, this salad sounds DIVINE. So I’m going to bookmark it until I cook up my fresh farmer’s market beets for it. :)

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

haha that is too cute!

59 Little Aspects July 20, 2010

That salad looks SO GOOD!! I can’t wait for berry season here, I’m going to recreate this!

I personally love beets – I sometimes grate them raw along with my carrot for salad sandwiches, but you can also try roasting them to toss through salads (nice in the Autumn, with a salad with rocket, pecan nuts, pear and roasted beets with a red wine vinegar dressing). I always have them in my juice too!

60 Anne July 20, 2010

Beets are the best! I never have them cooked, though – not boiled anyways. Mostly I slice them thinly in salad, if you use a veggie peeler you get long, curly purple strands that beautify any salad, but mix them in last or they’ll colour up everything! Grated raw is good as well, with a nice dressing, some crunchy nuts…if I cook them I chuck them in the oven in thin potato-wedge size slices with a bit of olive oil, some honey and rosemary. Oh, and if I want them for a sweet side dish, pan-roasted at low heat for 20-30 minutes in balsamic and honey and a bit of oil – they go all soft and sweet! I want some now, and it’s only breakfast time :-)

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

I’ll have to try them raw, thanks!

62 Ann July 20, 2010

I felt the same way for a while! My mom tried making me eat canned beets for a diet and I avoided them like the plague. I rediscovered them and ate them with sweet potatoes :)

63 Cara July 20, 2010

I adore the colours of that salad!
So beautiful!
We are so lucky to be able to eat such beautiful and nutritious food, eh?

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

You know I was actually thinking that when I looked at the pictures!

65 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman July 20, 2010

I used to hate beets, too. I really only started liking them when I got an amazing beet salad at a restaurant. Now I love them. I roast them with salt (which only goes on the outside and gets peeled off with the skin) then add goat cheese, finely crumbled pistachios, and grapefruit over arugula. With a vinaigrette dressing, it’s so good!

66 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 20, 2010

I love beets in salads, especially fruity ones like yours! I need to give your raspberry dressing a try!

67 Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) July 20, 2010

Wow! That is a bright and beautiful salad. Beets do smell pretty earthy- but they are so soft and sweet that it totally makes up for that.

68 lindsay (goodiesgalore) July 20, 2010

I love canned beets!!!!!!! Rings and all.

69 Ana July 20, 2010

Have you tried Roasted Beets Angela?? I think it is the best way to eat beets (I also like it raw and shredded in salads, really good!), much more flavorful than cooking in water.
It is so easy to roast beets, all you do is wash them under water and give them a good scrub to remove any dirt. Then dry with a paper towel, remove the bottom and tops and put them whole in a big piece of aluminum foil. Fold edges to make a pouch, put it on top of a baking sheet (to catch any drippings in case it occurs) and into a very hot oven it goes, I usually roast mine in 400F. Leave it there for about an hour (maybe less if your beets are on the smallish side).
Remove from oven, let them cool a bit, open pouch and using a paper towel grab each beet and just slide the peel out of them. Cut into chunks, season with salt, pepper and olive oil and be happy, roasted beets are really yummy!!
Ana

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

YUM! Thank you!

71 Amelia July 20, 2010

That salad looks amazing! I love the bright, clean colors. You might need to add that to your pictures on the wall. :)

72 jenna July 20, 2010

there is nothing like fresh beets….roasted is my absolute favorite way to consume beets! :) have a great date night.

73 Marie July 20, 2010

… I’m about 99% positive that I’ve never had a beet before (or any semblance of one). I asked my boyfriend if he has, and he made a face and said “Ugh, I grew up eating them, my parents grow them every year!” Looks like I’m buying some beets today… I’ve gotta try this out! Haha :)

74 Liz July 20, 2010

As others said you should try them roasted – they are so delicious that way. Plus you can saute the greens!

75 Stina @ Girl Can July 20, 2010

I have no recollection of this, but my mom always tells me I used to LOVE beets as a child; now, I won’t touch them with a ten-foot pole. Maybe I should give fresh beets a another shot though…

That salad looks delish by the way.

76 Tamara July 20, 2010

I wanted to let you know that my fave way to eat beets is (like a few other commenters) roasted. Soooo delicious!

77 Heather (Heather's Dish) July 20, 2010

this makes me really wish that i liked beets! they’re so vibrant and gorgeous, but i just can’t fall in love with the flavor no matter how hard i try!

78 Alyce July 20, 2010

I have to share with you my favorite raw beet recipe, because I NEVER IN MY LIFE thought I would eat a raw beet and fall in love.

chop scrubbed beets into matchsticks (I don’t peel mine – some people do)
toss them with roughly…
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin

let them sit for a bit

eat them!! I often put them on salads, or add some other veggies & nuts into the mix and eat it as is.

yay, beets!

79 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

Wow so simple! I should try this :) thanks

80 Fanta July 20, 2010

I wish I could eat your food off my computer screen!

81 Wei-Wei July 20, 2010

I love the colour of beets, but I’ve only tasted them once in a salad bar, and I’ve never touched them since. I don’t know if they were canned or what! I’m not the biggest fan of the taste, either.

Wei-Wei

82 Jen July 20, 2010

I had the same aversion to beets! Not the same story, but all I knew was canned beets and YUCK! I actually didn’t start eating beets whole until I started a CSA 2 months ago…and i’m 29! Previously, I had them in juice, but that was it. The verdict? I LOVE BEETS!!! I had the best salad the other day with roasted beets, green beans, kidney beans and arugula. All served warm – to die for, I tell ya!

83 Jenna July 20, 2010

I LOVE beets! Can’t get enough of em. That salad looks delightful!

84 Allison July 20, 2010

You will enjoy the last part of the book..
I also wanted to ask you about your cat..He is BEAUTIFUL.What kind of breed is he?
I know you said he has a bit of attitude, but he sure is PurrrRETTY..

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

He is a Bengal :)

86 Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 20, 2010

I have never even heard of canned beets before but I’m not surprised it put you off! Anything looks gross that moulds to the shape of the can.

87 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

haha yea it looked like jello

88 Gina (@ Looking Forward) July 20, 2010

We always had canned beets growing up, but I actually liked them. However, when I tried fresh beets from the Farmers Market a year ago, it was such a HUGE difference. They were so delicious…especially roasted, so much flavor! I love beet salad. I made one last week with goat cheese, roasted beets (With evoo, salt, pepper and rosemary) and toasted pecans (with maple syrup and cinnamon)…It was so tasty! I have some beets left and an orange and raspberries…I will have to try your combination tonight!

89 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

I cant wait to roast them!

90 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf July 20, 2010

I tried beets for the first time this past Sunday. Not too bad. I used fresh and roasted them. I wonder, though, if the dirty taste is normal or if there’s some way to get rid of that taste. I did wash mine…

91 Healthy Amy July 20, 2010

That salad looks amazing and perfect for summer! Now if the sun ever shines again in the UK i will attempt to ‘borrow’ your recipe – it’s like a winters day here today!

92 wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas July 20, 2010

I love beets! I have ever since I was little. I prefer them straight from the garden, just boiled and sliced with a little butter and salt (or coconut oil!)

I just happily harvested a fill colander of beets, and the next day I got a juicer for my birthday! I think I will take your advice and juice some of them. I am normally not a juicing fan, but I can’t see not using up the veggies I have and juicing is a good way to do it!

I’ll give it a shot. Have you had any problems with beets staining your juicer?

93 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

I dont find they stain the juicer, but they do STRAIN my Breville juicer (hehe)

94 Danielle July 20, 2010

Hi Angela,

I recently discovered your website and am really enjoying looking through your recipes! I have started to begin every day with a green monster and I love having this healthy start to the day! I also tried out your chickpea burger recipe, with a few substitutions (I didn’t have carrots or pumpkin seeds, and I added some chopped onions and a couple of different spices.) The burgers were tasty and I enjoyed being able to make a batch to bring to work this week.

I’m not a big fan of beets either, but I recently made a beet/apple salad in a olive-oil-lemon-juice vinaigrette which was a nice sweet and cool refreshing salad. I somehow find beets to be more appealing when I chop them into small cubes.

Thanks for your inspiring blog – I’m looking forward to trying more recipes!

95 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 20, 2010

Thank you for your nice comment!