Saturday Morning Grumpy Face

Can you believe it is already Week 5 of the Farmer’s Market? It makes me sad because that means summer is flying by too quickly! I can not believe that it is July 17th. I just can’t! *sniff.

Last night, Eric and I were running a couple errands and we had the windows down in the car and the music cranked (Billionaire! bahaha). It was one of those ‘I love summer so unbelievably much’ moments. There was a gorgeous sunset and the air was crisp and fresh. I felt like sticking my head out of the window, but I restrained myself.

Today’s Glo Bar flaaavas:

IMG_2852

Chocolate Peanut Butter macaroons!

IMG_2856

Truly unbelievable…I wish I could give all of you one!

IMG_2860

NEW this week…

IMG_2831

Presenting Crunchy Peanut Butter Maple Macaroons

IMG_2833

The crunch = rice crisp cereal. Oh gosh they are so good. They also have maple butter in them! Mmmm.

I also modified my Cherry, Banana, and Coconut Butter Bread recipe and made Dark chocolate chip banana bread

IMG_2840

IMG_2847

Modifications:

• Added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
  • Used maple butter in place of coconut butter
  • No cherries (they didn’t have any organic at the market last week)

Awesome.

IMG_2844

I sliced it up and wrapped them up for sale individually.

I woke up with the song ‘Stay’ by Lisa Loeb in my head. It’s still in my head as I type this. We heard it in a store last night and I sang every word to the song and Eric goes…’What song is this and why do you know all the words…?’ LOL, men….I tried explaining to him that the song was the anthem of my 90’s, but he didn’t get it.

This morning I had to pull out all of the ‘wake me up’ stops.

Wake me up 1)

Tea in a CAT mug.

IMG_2915

It’s the little things.

Wake me up 2)

Breakfast this morning was Vegan Overnight Oats (1/2 cup oats, 1.25 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/4 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal) along with a chopped banana I added in afterwards.

IMG_2910

So thick and doughy!

IMG_2912

Couple things to note:

• I doubled the chia seeds from 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp for more satiety today
  • I whipped the VOO for about 3-4 minutes with a whisk before placing it in the fridge. I swear this made it thicker!
  • If you are having problems with your VOO being too liquidy, you need more chia seeds! I had to add an extra 1/4 cup of milk this AM because mine got too thick!

Wake me up 3)

My favourite MAC Select concealer for the eyes

IMG_2925 IMG_2926

I resorted to cutting open the end to get it all out. Ladies, don’t try to act like you don’t do this! If you have tried this MAC cover-up you will know why I did that.  :biggrin:

I also packed a couple In a Jiffy Curry Chickpea burgers for us to snack on around lunchtime! I love these so much I am thinking of turning them into a Savoury Protein Breakfast Bar.

Well, I better pack up the car and head to the Oakville Organic Market..see you later!

PS- Don’t forget to enter the picture poll– there is a tie right now…it’s going to be a close one!

1 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg July 17, 2010

Oh my gosh, YES. That song was totally my anthem in sixth grade. I loved the whole Reality Bites soundtrack.

Good luck at the market today! And yes, I can’t think about how far into summer we are without crying a little too :-(

2 Christina July 17, 2010

Angela, you are a genius w. all these new flavors/products. I think a savory breakfast bar is a GREAT idea!!!

3 Melissa July 17, 2010

Do you use MAC powder or any of their other products?

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2010

Nope, the concealer is the only thing I use by MAC…I got hooked on it before my wedding in 2008!

5 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 17, 2010

Everything looks so delicious and I know you will sell out. Wish I could come load up.

6 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 17, 2010

Good luck at the market today! I’m half tempted to trek to Canada JUST to try some Glo stuff :P Oh, and to say thankyou for bringing VOO and spelt pancakes into my lfie!

7 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 17, 2010

Oooh I have a question about the MAC cover up – I use all MAC products too and you can recycle the empty tubes for a free product. I wonder if it’s cut if they will still take it??

8 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Not sure!

9 Krystina July 17, 2010

Oh God, give me those macaroons and banana bread! I’m drooling!

10 Melanie July 17, 2010

They look delicious! Do you distribute to any stores in the US or are you online only?

Melanie (@sfgirl @pintmuse)

11 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

For US, online only right now..maybe some day!

12 Melanie July 18, 2010

Thanks for responding! I hope so too. :-)

13 Wei-Wei July 17, 2010

Crunchy Peanut Butter Maple Macaroons! Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! GIMME GIMME GIMMEEEEEEE! D:

Wei-Wei

14 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 17, 2010

I love that feeling of driving in the summer in gorgeous weather with the music cranked. It feels so carefree!

Good luck at the market today!

15 Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 17, 2010

Whenever I see the pictures of your Farmers Market food it makes we wish I could go to Canada just to try some, they all look so tasty!!

16 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 17, 2010

Ha, I have never cut open the back of a make-up thing like that but I do go to pretty great lengths to get the last of my toothpaste out.

All that foods looks pretty darn good! Especially those Glo-Bars! Do you ship them to Chicago by chance?? Because I swear I have seen something similar at the Whole Foods here and Farmers Market.

17 Erin July 17, 2010

These look great! I’m sad that farmer’s markets will be gone soon, too, but we do actually have a year-round market that sells local, seasonal produce.

18 Michal July 17, 2010

I hope your Market customers keep up the buying! Do you have a physical bakery store, or is it all online?
By the way, I just tried a VOO SoftServe where I added cinnamon to my VOO before refrigerating it overnight. I don’t use any chocolate so maybe that’s why this is blowing me away! I’m going to spazz slightly about it on my blog later :-p
Have a great Market day!

19 Exercise and Eat July 17, 2010

Good luck at the farmers market!

20 Laura July 17, 2010

Hey Angela,
I love your blog. My friend and I always say the best thing is tea in a kitten cup so I was happy to see yours! I hope it helped you wake up :)
Laura

21 Adrianne@ Flex-appeal July 17, 2010

Angela, I used to work at MAC and oh how I miss the free products and the unbelievable discount. Also to Jessica, yes when I worked there we would stil take damaged containers for the recycling and free lipstick program!

22 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Good to know!

23 Camille July 17, 2010

I am so sad every week that I can’t go buy out your stand at the Farmer’s Market that I may just have to start ordering online!

24 Lindsay July 17, 2010

Oh my gosh… I loved that song!!! Your macaroons look amazing!

25 Heather July 17, 2010

i will have to get my hands on that concealer to see what you’re talking about…Lord knows i could use some!

26 Nikki T July 17, 2010

Every week I wish I was in Toronto so I could come to the market….and I wish I could taste those macaroons!! And the banana bread…and the burgers…! ;)

27 Rhea (Greek Feaster) July 17, 2010

The sacrificed makeup tube: Reason #546 why you are my single favorite blogger.

28 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

hahaha thanks!

29 tanyasdaily July 17, 2010

I like mac products, haven’t tried that yet.

30 Run Sarah July 17, 2010

Have a great time at the market! The MAC photos totally cracked me up – I ALWAYS did that when I used Lancome under eye concealer as regular concealer for many years. I swear, it got another few weeks of usage!

31 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

hahah yup they last over 2-4 weeks when you cut them open!!! Not sure about the sanitary aspect of that though…lol

32 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 17, 2010

Haha, I forgot my MAC coverup this weekend!!!! I’m dying with out it already!

33 Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 17, 2010

Oh gosh I LOVE that song!!!!
And I can’t believe it’s already July 17th.. crazy how time flies!

34 Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana July 17, 2010

The PB maple macaroons sound like a taste explosion waiting to happen. Oh I wish I were a Canadian that lived nearby ;)

35 Danielle (Runs on Green) July 17, 2010

I loveee that song “Billionaire.” Except you need the uncensored version…so much better haha

If I were at your farmer’s market I would be all over your stand!

36 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

I have the uncensored version on my ipod and I agree it is so much better! lool

37 Jessica July 17, 2010

Hi Angela!
Just thought I would stop to say hello. Your blog was recommended to me by a friend yesterday while hiking up Grouse Mountain (the Grouse Grind in Vancouver BC Canada). I’ve recently made the decision to begin running regularly and eating healthier. It looks like your blog is going to be really helpful!!
Thanks and good luck with everything!
Jessica

38 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Hi jessica! Glad you stopped by:) Thanks for your kind words!

39 Tina July 17, 2010

How I would love to come to that farmer’s market and buy some of your goodies. :)

40 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 17, 2010

I love MAC! I have 2 Trunk Fulls of it. The crazy part is as a mom, I don’t wear makeup hardly ever, except on photo shoots or a special night out :) But I love my MAC!

Farmer’s Market, love it but it’s year round here (I am totally spoiled in San Diego)…and yes, summer TOTALLY is flying by!

Have a beautiful day, Angela!

41 Bella (Stilettos on the Streetcar) July 17, 2010

Those crunchy peanut butter maple macaroons make me wish I had a car. I’d eat my weight in those… if only I could get to Oakville. Have a great day at the market!

42 Dee July 17, 2010

Everything looks so good in this post!

43 Allison @ Food For Healing July 17, 2010

i am so sad that summer is going by far too quickly, I dont want the saskatchewan winter to come that quickly.

44 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day July 17, 2010

I made my first batch of VOO yesterday and while I liked them (but didn’t LOVE them), I’m actually craving them this morning after seeing your photos. I think I’m going to turn into of of those crazy VOO girls…totally a good thing!

45 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Crazy VOO (doo??) ladies haha

46 Stephanie July 17, 2010

Question- what size (in cups) food processor do you usually use? I am thinking mine is too small for a lot of your recipes so I want to look into a larger one. Mine is only about 2 cups now.

47 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Mine is a 12 cup Kitchen Aid

48 Marathon Bound Girl aka Grace July 17, 2010

Holy Toledo Batman….Crunchy Peanut Butter Maple Macaroons and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread all in one blog! YUM YUM is all I gots to say to that! I wish we had an Angela Glo Bakery at our Farmers Market….I’d so visit every Sat. Oh well, I’m out of Run Glo Bars, except I saved one for part of my pre-race meal tomorrow…woohoo, so it’s time to put in another order. I love MAC makeup, but haven’t tried any of their concealers or powders. I use their shadows and liners is about it. I’m so darned dedicated to Clinique for all my other stuff, have been since high school. I do like their recycle program, I think that’s awesome!

Good luck on week 5!!!

49 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

How did your race go??? :)

50 Aria July 17, 2010

Hi Angela,
I was just going back and reading some of your past posts – I’m an avid reader but I don’t comment much. I just wanted to really encourage you to try to sell some of your photos! They are soooo beautiful – I know I would definitely buy some to put in my kitchen – it would probably encourage me to eat healthier if I saw those gorgeous pictures of strawberries and peas on my wall!
Good luck today at the Farmer’s market!

51 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Thanks so much for your encouragement!

52 Kristina July 17, 2010

I totally do that with my MAC tubes… :)

which color # do you use…? I used to sell MAC and have a bunch of stock – maybe I have your color I could give you :)

53 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Hmmm I will have to check as I am not sure…its one of the lighest shades…I think!

54 Sarra H July 17, 2010

My mouth seriously waters every time I look at your site. Your husband is one lucky guy! :)

p.s. random question: what’s your favorite green monster recipe of all time?

55 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

Hmmm probably 2 cups spinach, 1 cup almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 tsp maca, 1 tbsp carob powder, 1 tbsp…wait who am I kidding I cant pick!!!

56 Jenn @ So Very Fabulous July 17, 2010

The macaroons look absolutely divine! So does the dark chocolate chip banana bread. I’m hoping to try making the Cherry Banana Coconut bread recipe this weekend. Hopefully today if I have time!

You gotta get every last bit of that concealer out of there! Looks like you’ll have used up yours pretty soon. I love MAC’s Back to MAC recycle program where you can bring in 6 empties from used up products and get a free lipstick, gloss or eye shadow! I’ve got a stack of empties waiting to be turned in for some new goodies. :)

57 Karly (Becoming My Best Self) July 17, 2010

Ange, I just realized I forgot my dark chocolate chip banana bread in the cooler today :( I’m sooo bummed, especially after seeing these photos and realizing what I’m missing out on now!
Hope the afternoon went well and you and Eric stayed cool :) xoxo P.S. The peanut butter chocolate macaroons didn’t last the ride home haha! Delicious!

58 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

I know I realized when we packed up that you left it!!! =( So sad…I wanted you to try it!
Thanks for your amazing help as always! Will miss you…maybe I can pester you to come out a bit in sept or oct haha

59 bitt July 17, 2010

so wish i was there to have a bite of everything!

i hardly wear concealer but the undereyes need it sometimes.

60 bianka (bananas for bananas) July 17, 2010

I use that same concealor! I never thought of doing that though. I’m going to get the scissors now….concealor, be scared muahaha

61 Annie@stronghealthyfit July 17, 2010

Wow, all of your baked goods look amazing! I dream about starting my own bakery someday. You are such an inspiration! I really want some of your macaroons :-)

62 zoe July 17, 2010

ahh! i love your cat mug! so cute :) (am i a future cat lady in the making? maybe :p!)

and i am dying to make that bread! it looks so delicious! have a good farmer’s market day :)

63 Casey @ Chasing Casey July 17, 2010

PB and Maple. Sounds like you just won my heart.
I love how easy the chickpea burgers sound. Definitely going to make some this week !

64 Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 17, 2010

I love those summer moments. I hate when summer is over!!! That’s why I’m cherishing every sweaty, hot, sunny moment of the season.

65 Rachel July 17, 2010

Banna bread looks great…I love chocolate chips in banana bread, they are also FABulous in Zucchini Bread. Good luck today :)

66 Chelsey July 17, 2010

I neeeeed chia seeds! Thanks for the tip about making the overnight oats thicker! I will definitely be trying that tonight!

67 Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 17, 2010

Mm macaroons! Makes me want to make some right now/ I’m actually planning on it and have all the ingredients… and they’re gonna be vegan. :)

68 Andrea @ Sweet N Green July 19, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons?! Those. Look. Amazing.

69 Kaitlin With Honey July 20, 2010

1) Those Crunchy Peanut Butter Maple Macaroons made my mouth water. WOW.

2) I totally youtubed “Stay” and now have it stuck in my head, too! Love that song.