Lock Me Up

and throw away the key!

I had the In A Jiffy Curry Chickpea burgers for both lunch and dinner. And let’s not forget breakfast either. Like Miley, I cannot be tamed.

IMG_2807

and they are just so darn healthy it hurts!

IMG_2803

Eric gave his seal of approval and he doesn’t like curry, but says they aren’t too spicy.

IMG_2805

We got in a great In A Jiffy inspired Brick workout today, despite this blistering heat!

Leg 1 = Run:

• 2.10 miles in 19:20 mins

Leg 2 = Bike:

• 3.25 miles in 21 mins

The bike ride was so much fun…we went through the trail again and I finished really strong (once I got over the cobwebs, new rocks, and major over-growth!).

Dinner was also In A Jiffy

IMG_2790

That would be one of my ridiculous sized salads in a casserole dish. I cannot eat salads in salad bowls as they are much too small.

I am always asked, ‘Are you really going to eat all that salad?!’ and I grin and say ‘Yes, why yes I am.’

IMG_2795

I remember a few weeks ago, I made a salad so big that I just couldn’t finish it all. I put it in the fridge and it got all mushy. That was a very sad day. I tried to pawn it off on Eric to eat and he looked at me like I had two heads.

IMG_2797

This amazing salad contained: mixed greens (~5 cups), TJ’s lime salsa, sugar snap peas, shredded carrots (lol), 1 x-large In a Jiffy curry chickpea burger, 3 green onions, tomato, better than bottled balsamic vinaigrette.

IMG_2798

It was bliss in a bowl casserole dish.

IMG_2801

Now back to the pictures of pictures…

Firstly, Thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions and ideas!

Secondly, many of you were asking if I could put my prints in an Etsy store. I am definitely considering it. Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Etsy store automatically donate a percentage to charity? I would like to do that if possible.

IMG_2809

We are pretty happy with this arrangement above, but perhaps it could be improved by re-arranging a couple pictures…any ideas?

It will be going on this wall:

IMG_2816

This was my inspiration (from Young House Love) I printed off the photo and brought it with me to the kitchen table!

IMG_2818

I would love if you could vote on your favourite arrangement below!

A)

IMG_2680

B)

IMG_2820

C)

IMG_2823

D)

IMG_2824

E)

IMG_2826

F)

Note that this below is NOT included in the poll as it resembles a headless person!  First, carrot showgirls and now headless picture people, what next!?  :biggrin:

IMG_2825

Arrangement A, B, C, D, or E (or perhaps another??) will be going on this wall:

IMG_2687

If you think of something else, please tell me what you would do instead!

See you tomorrow AM for tons of fun market goodies! I need to get back to my market prep…

IMG_2856

Bye!

1 Kristina July 16, 2010

I like A and D… (I voted…)

I like things that are asymmetrical.

you and your trail runs… you are SO much braver than I… I CANNOT STAND cobwebs and I’m SO afraid of spiders!

2 Catie July 16, 2010

I vote c. I love this idea of your food pics on the walls.

3 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 16, 2010

Agreed! C is best

4 Faith @ LovelyAsCharged July 16, 2010

I had a good laugh as I read about your casserole dish salad while I shoveled my own salad into my mouth from a 2 1/2 quart mixing bowl. The looks I get from people regarding the amount of food I eat always crack me up – heck, just because I eat very healthily doesn’t mean I can’t pack it away!

5 Kelly July 16, 2010

I voted for B b/c I like balance but not necessarily symmetry. I love love it that you eat salad out of casserole dishes. I usually don’t eat salads that large unless I’m at the Whole Foods or Earth Fare salad bar, but maybe I should do it at home as well. I always feel a little gluttonous when my dinner companion’s salad rings up $5 less than mine…but it is salad after all. :)

6 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 16, 2010

I really like C!

7 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 16, 2010

A lot of people are liking A! I voted D, I like the asymmetry of it.

8 Bethany @ More Fruit Please July 16, 2010

I think B is a great layout that you could add more too later if you ever wanted to!

9 Rosey Rebecca July 16, 2010

I cannot thank you enough for leaving advice on my running dilemma post! You are so awesome!

I voted for A, as the majority of other voters have so far. I think it looks great like that.

I LOVE your casserole dish salad! And HATE when salad gets all mushy in the fridge. I just had a very weird image pop into my head a coffee pot filled with salad. Please do this and let me know how it turns out. Thanks. (ha!)

Have a beautiful night!

10 Erin July 16, 2010

I also eat giant salads out of casserole dishes, otherwise there’s not enough room to mix everything together! I also almost always put shredded carrot in salads, even quicky thrown-together side salads. I just love their texture and sweetness. I’m also going to eat the same things for dinner that I had for lunch!

11 traviesa July 16, 2010

I like C the best, but I’m a fan of symmetry.

Your chickpea burgers look so delicious. I will have to make them soon.

12 Samantha July 16, 2010

LOVE C!!

13 Charlotte July 16, 2010

A or D! A or D!

14 Michelle July 16, 2010

F, most definitely. :)

..but I vote A.

15 Ilana July 16, 2010

this post literally inspired me to get up and make dinner…i was in the middle of reading it and remembered i have leftover bean burgers…and voila a salad is born. Have fun at the market/have great sales!!

16 Heather (Heather's Dish) July 16, 2010

i love ’em all! ah! i can’t decide…it’s all so adorable :)

17 erica July 16, 2010

i voted for D, but now that i look at it….how about a slight variation on A…same clusters set further apart and at a diagonal instead of all side by side?

18 mary July 16, 2010

voted A ;)

19 Jessica @ Rawtumn July 16, 2010

Oooh that’s hard, I LOVE “C” but “D” is really unique as well.

20 Sarah July 16, 2010

I love all of the photos. C is my favorite arrangement!

21 Camille July 16, 2010

There’s nothing wrong with eating the same food when it looks so darn delicious!
If you put any of your prints on Etsy, I would for sure buy some!

22 Vivian July 16, 2010

I say “A”, too :)

23 Amy @ be.you.ti.fully, a.musing July 16, 2010

C all the way!

24 Mellissa July 16, 2010

I vote for C

25 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 16, 2010

I’m on the fence between C and E, but I voted C. Love the cherry picture!

I too cannot eat my salad from regular-sized bowls. Go big or not at all is my motto! When you say TJ’s lime salsa, you mean Trader Joe’s right? Can you actually find that here or was it a blogger prezzie of some sort? I’m dying to get my hands on some TJ goodies!

26 AngelaOSG July 18, 2010

It was from my friend Ash when she came to visit me :)

27 Dominika July 16, 2010

I think A looks too symmetrical. I vote B!

28 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 16, 2010

oooooh looking good!!!!!

29 Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 16, 2010

I love option D. Asymmetrical and very modern. :)

30 Kristin July 16, 2010

I started a yeast diet a few days ago on the advice of an allergist (no sugar whatsoever, no yeast, no ‘moldy’ foods, no caffeine, and I threw in no dairy just because I might as well….I’m basically eating lots and lots of veggies, nuts, seeds, meats and a bit of plain grain for good measure) I’ve been eating ginormous salads for lunch everyday, and I’m with you – a casserole dish works perfectly! Seriously! how they expect people to get any nutrition from a salad bowl is beyond me!

31 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 16, 2010

Wow, I cannot believe you eat an entire casserole dish of salad. I’m a bit jealous of your eating skills, haha.

32 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day July 16, 2010

C all the way! Its unexpected and eye catching!

It also allows you the potential to add even more photos to it, such as the example you used.

33 kelli July 16, 2010

hahahaa I eat huge salads like you also and people do say are you going to eat all that haha

34 Michelle July 16, 2010

You’re going to have to find your very own extra large bowl just for salad – there’s got to be a cute one out there somewhere!
I personally like E, I like the symmetry of it.

35 Diana @ VEGeneration July 16, 2010

I voted for C! And yes to huge salads — i always use a gigantic bowl for mine :D

36 MaryZ July 16, 2010

Love these pics! I like both C and D…voted for C.

37 MaryZ July 16, 2010

I get ask about my casserole bowl salads all the time too…love huge ass salads!

38 SB July 16, 2010

c or d!

39 Emily July 16, 2010

Your casserole sized salad made me drool. Must try the jiffy burgers!!!

40 Stacey July 16, 2010

I vote for B! It reminds me the most of the Young House Love one.

41 Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life July 16, 2010

I like A and C the best, but voted for C.

HOLY MASSIVE SALAD, BATMAN!!! Love it! :)

42 Mae July 16, 2010

I like B, and I think it would be even better if you switched the position of the asparagus with the picture above it.

43 Mae July 16, 2010

Oops, I meant E, but that’s basically like A, so A is my new answer. Can I change my answer?

44 Lindsay July 16, 2010

I say A…but I like things symmetrical. The whole asymmetrical thing makes my eye twitch :)

45 Michelle July 16, 2010

Ange, C is my favorite!! :)

The layout is just classy, modern, and I feel like all the pictures get a fair chance of attention.

46 Charlie July 16, 2010

That salad looks amazing! I actually eat my salads in a big ceramic mixing bowl :).

47 Laura (Starloz) July 16, 2010

I really dont like salads in small bowls. they’ve got to be spread out

48 Wei-Wei July 16, 2010

I think definitely A or E for sure! That salad is wonderfully huge and awesome. :)

Wei-Wei

49 Anne @ Chute Assis July 16, 2010

Definitely “C” ! i love that it’s slightly symmetrical, without being cliche or ‘matchy’ :) They are really striking photos, and I am a huge fan of using a combination of framed and ‘unframed’ photos in wall arrangements!

50 Brittany July 16, 2010

I vote for arrangement C!

51 Hillary July 16, 2010

Hi,
I like C the best, but think you should try doing a remix of A where you have all four of the small photos on one side of the one large picture (like potatoes above asparagus, next to beets over cherries then the 8×10, if that makes sense :P), so then it is sort of balanced, but still a little asymmetrical.

52 Catherine July 16, 2010

I’m really diggin D!

53 Sarah for Real July 16, 2010

I just wanted to say that I voted A. I noticed the next popular was C but I did not choose that because you’ve got a more horizontal shaped void to fill, with the way the chair rail proportions it. A is more horizontal than C I think. Just my $0.02.

54 Kelly Yvonne July 16, 2010

All are so pretty..but, I’m leaning more towards C

55 Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine July 16, 2010

You go girl! I love that your salads don’t fit in a “small” bowl!
I bring gigantic nutritious salads and other meals to work every day, and my co-workers always make strange comments about what I’m eating… It feels kind of bad actually- but I know that I am nourishing my body! I eat lots of veggies and fruits and healthy nut-based fats during the day but my co-workers always seem to pick on me for what I’m eating. I have never discussed this with anyone but it kind of bothers me! I know I can rise above it and do my own thing, but I’m so torn between taking the high road and educating THEM on what they should eat- my co-workers (all female) are always asking me how I lost weight, what workouts I do, etc…. Whenever I start telling them about upping the raw foods and decreasing dairy (a lot of them are vegetarians due to religious reasons, already), they act weird.
I wish there was a way I could help them without sounding snooty or revealing my blog haha…
What do you think?
I love your blog and you were the FIRST blog I read on my road to weight loss. Love you for that!!! :)
I’ve been on a really great path since I started reading blogs and I love it! Thank you so much for everything you do, and I love reading every post of yours!

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2010

I too have dealt with a lot of comments from others and the thing I have realized is that people will always have an opinion on however you live your life. Ultimately, you have to do what is right for you. Once you do that and live the life you want, you will have peace in your heart and the comments and negativity from others won’t have as great an impact. This was my experience anyways!

Glad you enjoy the blog :)

57 Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 16, 2010

I love the photos! Glad you posted more with those. I’d love to see more:) Good call on thinking about selling some. You could make money off that!

58 tasha - the clean eating mama July 17, 2010

maybe that is my problem – I eat salads every day for lunch but they are not nearly as big as yours and I end up starving a few hours later.
I love your prints, too!

59 Courtney (Delightful Devours) July 17, 2010

I am a fan of all things symmetrical (and hate to break rules. I feel like symmetry is a rule in my life…) so my favorite combination of photographs is option E). I also want to say how amazing your photography is. Blowing up your own food photographs to put around the house is a fantastic idea and also very original!

60 Ann July 17, 2010

I voted D buut if I was to choose between your current highest ones, I would pick C over A. I personally think another picture above the cherries picture for choice D would look good :)

61 Crystal July 17, 2010

another vote for C!

62 Emily I. July 17, 2010

C, fo sho

63 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 17, 2010

Bah, the one I voted for won’t win…! Good idea to have a poll though!

64 Ellani July 17, 2010

Sonia: I can understand where you are coming from. I am a vegan in a vaccum, so to speak. Husband and kids are not vegans. Though my husband respects and likes what I cook and eat, he still thinks it isn’t something that one can maintain forever and stay healthy. I constantly get people (friends, colleagues) telling me about that in-law who went vegan and became anemic and got so sick (and don’t seem to understand that probably that person didn’t know how to eat healthy). These people just don’t want to believe/learn/understand, and I don’t think you can change them by talking to them. I think you can only live by example. My kids are eating more vegetables and actually like some vegan things I cook (veggie burgers!). My four year old recently told me that she likes raspberries better than cookies, so I am hopeful that my example will be what changes at least the people who are close to me.

And yes, I love salads in big bowls…I am still looking for a really pretty one (my glass mixing bowl is the closest I have come).

65 Olivia @ Blissful Runner July 17, 2010

Ahh! That salad is redonc! My vote is for A. :)

66 Alina July 17, 2010

I really like C!

67 Amanda July 17, 2010

Another picture idea- you could put up long thing shelving to put the pictures on (kind of like when you guys put them on the molding of your wall temporarily). Then you could re-arrange whenever you feel like it without making tons of holes in the wall and you could also change the pictures with the seasons no problem! orrr… In a JIFFY!

Example from Google:

My mom does this in her kitchen with pictures of all the kids in our family, they change with the season too so she is always swapping pictures. If you do hang them then I like C the best!

68 Chelsey July 17, 2010

Allright Miley, you are OUT OF CONTROL!!!! You better not start acting like Lindsay Lohan next…

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to eat 3 chickpea burgers in one day. Enough said.

I also think it’s perfectly acceptable to eat a salad that weighs 5 pounds :) – looove big salads!

69 Lauren July 17, 2010

Hey Angela! I love your photography, and I LOVE those kinds of framed photo arrangements! I think a little asymmetry is more interesting visually, and I would balance the colors. C or D are the options I’d go for. Beautiful!

70 Lisa July 17, 2010

I agree that most salad bowls are too small! I use a huge tupperware bowl when I eat mine. I love your pictures and like arrangement B the best!

71 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition July 17, 2010

I really like E. I tend to be OCD and like things in order :)

72 Stacie July 17, 2010

Your sense of humor cracks me up! Voted for A…..however, E would be great too as long as you guys included the hand drawing of the face-it would complete the wall….ha ha ha! Love your in a jiffy spelt veggie burgers, which only means….in a jiffy curry chickpeas here I come!

Hope you guys are having a good day at the market :)
~Stacie

73 Christie July 17, 2010

I LOVE that you eat your salad out of a casserole dish… I eat mine out of a mixing bowl! :D

74 Sara July 17, 2010

I LOVE the idea of using a casserole dish for salad! When we do salad dinners we’re always complaining that our bowls aren’t big enough and we have to break it up into two. Huge salads are SO GOOD :)

75 Dee July 17, 2010

I love seeing the different ways to eat your chickpea burgers!

76 Marathon Bound Girl aka Grace July 17, 2010

I love your sized salads, they look so refreshing and delish!

The picture idea on the wall is awesome! I love all arrangements and for that wall will be great!!!

77 Annie-Rose July 17, 2010

My vote is for A, hands down!

78 Amy July 17, 2010

My favorite layout is definitely A. My partner says he also likes A best. Gorgeous photos!!

79 lynn July 17, 2010

love your pictures and love the “bowl” of salad idea… yummy and also going to make that banana cherry load this week and give it a try.
regarding your photo layout options E is the most visually pleasing to my eyes with A being a close second. The arrangement on the table is great, I would only change one photo size. on the right hand side under the framed picture is an orange frameless picture (carrots??) I would like to see that frame deeper (higher). the width is good but it looks like if you could add a couple inches in depth it would fill in that bigger gap under it… however.. if not easily achieved I say it is fabulous as is!
loved voting on it.

80 Melanie July 18, 2010

I liked C the best. Great photos and a wonderful idea! Can’t wait to see the pic once you’ve don it!

81 Crazy Charm July 18, 2010

I love how organized you are! I created a picture collage this weekend and literally laid the frames on the floor (without having pictures in them) and arranged them. Then, I attempted to pick up a frame and eye ball the location on the wall. By the time I got them all up, it looked nothing like it did originally. However, I like it ten times better. I think I must be a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl when it comes to decorating. ha!