May Two Four

Last  night we kicked off the May ‘two four’ long weekend with some good friends and good beer.

IMG 7586 thumb   May Two Four

My current favourite beer is Mill Street Organic. It is made locally in the distillery district!

IMG 7569b thumb   May Two Four

My brother-in-law Steve introduced me to it last year by saying that he never gets hangovers when he drinks this beer. I haven’t had one to date after drinking it myself (but I’m sure I could!), but I just really love the taste of it. It is so smooooooth.

To balance out the brews last night, I woke up and had an energizing juice composed of grapefruit, carrots, and lime. I was much too heavy on the lime and it tasted pretty tart. In my defense I was trying to use the limes up because I bought them discount and they were on their last legs! :biggrin:

IMG 7601 thumb   May Two Four

Then I had a Banana Soft Serve vegan Overnight Oats parfait! Mmmmmmm. I recently shot a video of how to make the VOO parfait so I hope to post it soon!

IMG 7528 thumb   May Two Four

Now for some awesome health links hand-picked by yours truly.

Health News Round Up:

Spottings:

Have you guys seen this movie preview yet???

What do you think of the preview? Would you go see the movie?

Have a great day!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 22, 2010

Wow, that looks interesting. I haven’t heard anything about that movie yet but I think it might be one I’d like to see. It sort of sounds a little black and white, and I’m know the issue probably isn’t as clear cut as the trailer makes it out to be, but I think it’s definitely worth watching. Great post!

Paige (Running Around Normal) May 22, 2010

That beer sounds DELICIOUS!
I’ve actually not heard of this movie before. I agree that it makes it seem a little too black and white, but I think the attention its getting is good!
Thanks for the shoutout, hun ;)

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 22, 2010

I didn’t know about that movie!! Thank you for the trailer! Looks like one of those that I just want to stand on the street corner handing out.

Lee May 22, 2010

I hadn’t heard of that movie, but it looks like something I would definitely enjoy.

Sarah for Real May 22, 2010

I thought the trailer was a little, um… intense? Haha, I’d probably watch it on Netflix if I happen to run across it.

Leah May 22, 2010

I will definitely watch this movie. I hadnt heard of it until now, but it looks really interesting.

Eco-Vegan Gal May 23, 2010

Forks Over Knives is one of the best documentaries on health I’ve ever seen – if not the best. It comes out later this year and everyone should put it on their must-see list!

jassy May 23, 2010

If it’s going to be shown here in the philippines then I’m definitely gonna watch this=)

Stephanie May 23, 2010

I cannot wait to see this movie!!! it appeals to me both as a vegan, and a health care professional!

Julia Brenner Curry May 23, 2010

How neat you posted about seeing Conan. We just went to see Conan in Chicago last Wednesday! I agree – it was beyond funny :)
Yaay Coco!!!!

Triathlonbabe May 23, 2010

I would like to see this movie for the simple fact that I am interested in it. It took me seeing what my family history dictated for me to decide it was time to change that lifestyle 10 years ago and I think people should do the same.

As for organic beers, I’d like to look into that beer here in the states, but don’t know if it’d come this far south to Texas. It seems like a lighter organic beer than the one I like which is a hefeweisen organic called Pinkus.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) May 24, 2010

I cannot wait to see that movie!!! Thanks for posting the trailer!!!!

Andrea Haag May 25, 2010

I would most definitely go see this movie! I’m excited just thinking about it! From just watching the trailer, I feel it could be a lot like Food, Inc., another great, informative movie! I only wish more movies, books, articles, websites, etc. could be more readily available to the public to teach this great way of living and that others would realize the old days of eating meat and dairy should be long gone!

Page 2 of 2«12