1,000 Words: Old Quebec

A weekend trip to Old Quebec City in May 2007.

IMG 1220 thumb   1,000 Words: Old Quebec

IMG 1132 thumb   1,000 Words: Old Quebec

IMG 1148 thumb   1,000 Words: Old Quebec

IMG 1138 thumb   1,000 Words: Old Quebec

IMG 1179 thumb   1,000 Words: Old Quebec

IMG 1123 thumb   1,000 Words: Old Quebec

Lindsay April 30, 2010

I am dying to go back when the weather is beautiful like in your photos! My husband and I went a few years ago just before New Years and there was a terrible snow storm- we ended up driving home to New Brunswick in it!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 30, 2010

um, i’m in love! i never realized there was such a place at Old Quebec city, but now i NEED to go there :) love the restroom sign that’s on a roll of TP :)

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle April 30, 2010

I love the architecture- very Europeon looking (or at least the 2 countries I’ve seen in Europe :-D). The little walkways between stores and all the flowers make it look so inviting.

Bridget April 30, 2010

So gorgeous! I really want to go there someday. It looks so charming :)

Christine @Grub, Sweat and Cheers April 30, 2010

I adore Quebec City! Have been there in winter but would love to go in autumn.

Did you go to the Saint-Alexandre pub? It’s fantastic.

Jessica @ How Sweet April 30, 2010

So beautiful! I have never been to Canada, but my parents honeymooned in Toronto. :)

Nienke at Revel April 30, 2010

So pretty! I’m going there for the first time on the May 24 weekend for a wedding and am soooo excited!

So cool that we can go to a place like Quebec City without leaving the country!

Have a nice weekend :)

Lisa April 30, 2010

WOW! What a beautiful city! It looks very European.

Diana April 30, 2010

Looks beautiful!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 30, 2010

I love the Chateau Frontenac. I stayed there during a class trip in high school- Quebec city is so beautiful!

xo
K

Nikki T April 30, 2010

So beautiful! This is somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit…just haven’t made it there yet. One day…

PRT April 30, 2010

Beautiful city! Now it’s in my list of future travels and holidays!

Have a great weekend!

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) April 30, 2010

How pretty – I’d love to travel to Quebec one day!

Jess @ MTL Veggie April 30, 2010

Quebec City is such a fun place to visit. They have a great vegetarian restaurant there- Le Commensal, highly recommend it if ever you have the chance to go back!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 30, 2010

I love Quebec City because it’s a little taste of Europe in North America; the same is true about Old Town Montreal. It’s a lot cheaper to visit those cities (even from the US) than fly France.

Aimee April 30, 2010

My husband, son and I went to Quebec City for the winter festival in 2007. Our son was only one when we went. He was bundled up in his snowsuit and all you could see was his tiny face. He wasn’t bothered by the freezing temps one bit. The snow was piled high and yet the city still looked quaint and beautiful. However, we have been talking about going back during the summer ever since. These photos will definitely inspire my husband and I to book a trip ASAP.

Sarah for Real April 30, 2010

Do you say the Frenchy “ke-bek” or “Kw-uh-bek?” Haha, I live in Washington state and so most people here say it the “Kw” way, not the french way. I took many years of french though, so I say it the Frenchy way.

Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 30, 2010

I was in Canada many years ago, in the late 80′s. My work team was opening a new Mervyn’s store in Ann Arbor, MI, so on the weekend, we went across the border to Canada. Very pretty from what I remember. I’d love to go there again, just to get a taste of Europe, as I’ve never been to Europe, I’ve been to South America though. Hubby lived in Europe for 5 years so he knows the beauty of it. Have to add this to my list of vacations in the future.

leatitia April 30, 2010

I’m lucky to live one hour away from Quebec City. It’s a gorgeous city. Matter of fact, I’m going to spend the weekend there next week!

Weather is getting warner and a lot of people will dine outside, it’ll be great.

Jil April 30, 2010

Beautiful. Beautiful.

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad April 30, 2010

We took a family vacation to Quebec when I was in high school. It was my pick! I studied French in high school (and college), so I thought it would be cool to go.

Camille April 30, 2010

What a gorgeous city!
I don’t really know much about Quebec, but it is definitely on my “to visit” list now!

Kelly April 30, 2010

Oh my gosh I’ve never been to Montreal but now I REALLY want to go, it looks SOOOO beautiful!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com April 30, 2010

oh u must have such lovely memories of being there. i need to visit quebec.. i cant believe i havent since i live in canada! geesh. but i know how beautiful it is and all i hear is such gooed things. ur pics are absolutely stunning (as always) and thank you again for sharing <3 xoxo

jen trinque @ recipes for creativity April 30, 2010

Oh my gosh, I went to Old Quebec City for a field trip in the 8th grade, which makes it…17 years ago??? OMG I’m old now! Anyways, obviously I need to go back because it’s sooo beautiful!

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 30, 2010

So beautiful! I love how old world it looks! I thought places like that only existed in Europe. I need to plan myself a trip to Canada!

Leah April 30, 2010

I LOVE that bathroom sign. Priceless!

Ive always wanted to see Quebec. Both my parents have traveled there when they were younger and they both loved it.

Sarah April 30, 2010

C’est comme une petite Paris :)

Gorgeous pictures. I might have to make a trip to Quebec!

Kristin April 30, 2010

Wow! That looks so amazing! I’ve never been to Quebec, I’ll have to put that on my list of places to travel to!

Jenny April 30, 2010

How pretty! I went there about 5 years ago and loved it:)

Ashley April 30, 2010

I loved Quebec when I went there on a school trip on 8th grade. My fiance was also on that trip (obviously not my fiance at the time!) so we have all these picture of our 13 year old selves in Quebec. I would love to go back!

Mo April 30, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! I’d love to visit someday!

Gina April 30, 2010

We stopped there for a day during a month-long class of studing the geology of eastern Canada. I absolutely loved it there, so beautiful! I remeber we ate at a place that had belly dancers come out during dinner and the boys couldn’t stop talking about it the rest of the trip;)

Lizz (Leading the Good Life) April 30, 2010

I love the little street in the 5th picture. It looks like someplace I’d just want to hang out in all day!

Happy weekend!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 30, 2010

Such a gorgeous city!!!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 30, 2010

Amazing, you would think you were in Europe.

Midgetkeeper April 30, 2010

My parents went to Quebec when they were visiting us while we lived in Buffalo I wish we would have gone. Looks beautiful.

Katie May 1, 2010

I LOVE these 1,000 word posts. I had never even considered going to Quebec but looking at these pictures I might have to add it to my list of places to visit.

Susan May 1, 2010

My sister went to Quebec City when she finished high school on her way to Montreal. 10 years later and she’s still there – never made it Montreal! :P I hope she never leaves, I love being able to visit her there :) Beautiful photos!