1,000 Words: Athens, Greece

1,000 words is a new series that will feature wordless photography posts ranging from food to nature to our travels and anything in between. Enjoy! :)

IMG_8964

athens41

athens43

athens42

IMG_8983

IMG_8963

1 Heather (Heather's Dish) April 29, 2010

oh, i am SO jealous…and this is a fabulous idea too! i think my favorite is the photo with you taking a picture of the city…it really puts the size and the scope of the picture in perspective :) well, i really like the last one a lot too :)

2 Jessica @ How Sweet April 29, 2010

I would LOVE to go to Greece. I don’t have a ton of places I want to travel to (I know, this astonishes people), but Greece is the #1!

3 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 29, 2010

Beautiful!!! I’ve never been to Greece, but it is WAY up high on my list! My parents took a vacation there eight years ago, when I left for college, and they STILL talk about it :-)

4 Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 29, 2010

What beautiful photography! One of the places I would like to visit someday. Thank you for sharing your vacations through photography! Love it and love this series!

5 Diana April 29, 2010

I love travelling. This made me jealous, such a beautiful place! I like these posts, Angela. :)

6 Ameena April 29, 2010

Beuatiful photos…I especially love the sleeping dog. He is SO cute.

I will get to Greece…one of these days!

7 Carly @ The Road To Health April 29, 2010

These photos are great Angela! I love this idea! :)

8 Mary April 29, 2010

I love your pictures they’re beautiful!

9 nut April 29, 2010

Wow — in my dreams anyway :)

10 Allison @ Food For Healing April 29, 2010

that picture of the dog kind of makes me sad. Doesn’t really look like its “sleeping” but i’m going to assume it is and be happy! ha

11 Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition April 29, 2010

So gorgeous!! I would LOVE to travel to Greece. See the white buildings with the blue sea

12 Jil April 29, 2010

Love this!!! The photos are absolutely stunning.

13 John April 29, 2010

:-)

14 Miranda @ www.mirandasjeans.blogspot.com April 29, 2010

I don’t know what the story is behind that dog. And I am not a pet person, but Oh-Em-Gee that dog makes me sad. I hope someone loves him and he’s not a stray

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2010

Athens has a huge stray problem. There are thousands and thousands of stray dogs and cats all over the roads. It is very sad!

16 Laura April 29, 2010

And scary- when we were travelling and stayed there, there were PACKS of dogs running around the streets… but there was the sweetest scrawny cat who sat on the wall next to us when we had our first meal. Greek cats DO NOT like being offered calamari! Good times!

17 jen trinque @ recipes for creativity April 29, 2010

Oh I would love to go there! Lovin’ the picture posts!

18 Wei-Wei April 29, 2010

I love that picture of you standing in front of the great landscape taking a picture. It’s like a bright GLOW in the middle of the beautiful landscape! :D

That stray dog makes me sad… I wonder what happened to it? :(

Wei-Wei

19 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life April 29, 2010

WOW…breathtaking! What an experience to be able to visit such a gorgeous place like Greece.

20 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 29, 2010

Love! Photos capture travel better than any writing. There are so many amazing places to explore in the world.

21 Stacy April 29, 2010

I love this post! I met my husband while we were both in Athens, so it was fun seeing some of the sites the two of us saw together :-)

22 Therese April 29, 2010

Gorgeous photos, Angela!!! I’ve always wanted to go to Athens! I do love just going through my travel photos!

23 Kiks April 29, 2010

I am not a blog person. That said, I discovered your blog accidentally today while image searching and it’s love-at-first-sight. I instantly sent a link out to all of my friends and family gushing about the healthy, body-imagey, fun tips, great insights you have on here. THEN, you posted pictures of Greece (I’m going for the first time in 3 months!) Hook…line…and sinker. I’m in.

24 Laura April 29, 2010

Ooooohhh… thats going to be hot- in July!! Be sure to take lots of cool, thin clothes- I hope you manage to go up to the mountains around Delphi- its stunning there :)

25 Kiks April 30, 2010

Thanks for the heads-up! Yes, the weather situation is always good to know… ever since I took one sweatshirt to Ireland in May! Guess what I was wearing in every picture? ;) Delphi is on the itinerary!! And baklava!! :)

26 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 29, 2010

Beautiful! I have always wanted to go to Greece :)

xo

27 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 29, 2010

Honestly, I’m really jealous. Greece has been at the top of my Must Visit list for years. I’ll get there! I swear I will!

28 Jen April 29, 2010

Oh, what a dream! I would love to go to Greece. I actually teach a unit on Greece to my third graders, and I am going to show them your pictures. They will LOVE it!

29 Rebekah @ runtrackmind April 29, 2010

Beautiful idea! I was offered the chance to go to Greece once years and years ago but turned it down. Was I crazy???!! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

30 Adrienne April 29, 2010

I am DYING to see all of those ruins and great sculptures and buildings..I love mythology….(le sigh)
I must admit though, seeing Esprit and McDonalds kinda jolts you back to reality non?!

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 30, 2010

Wow you spotted Esprit!? Good eyes!

32 RhodeyGirl April 29, 2010

LOVE THIS!

33 Gina April 29, 2010

I love the last picture. Beautiful.

34 Camille April 29, 2010

Simply gorgeous.

35 Hailey S. (Adventures in health) April 29, 2010

Oh Greece looks so amazing! That is one of my life goals, to go there and many other places! Looks like a blasty. Oh totally off subject, where did you get your glass straw that I’ve seen in your posts? Luv it!!!

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 29, 2010

It is from a company called Glass Dharma :)

37 Jane April 29, 2010

Wow…my son’s pixs didn’t look this great when he went to Greece on a high school trip….I heard that Greece is having big finacial problems these days.

38 Abri @ Absolutely Ridiculous April 29, 2010

Those photos are beautiful!!! I would love to go to Greece one day…

I think I’m going to like these wordless posts!

39 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 29, 2010

Beautiful, now I want to know were that trip was. Greece maybe?

40 Lisa April 29, 2010

Thanks for sharing such a great photos. Greece is in my top 5 places to visit list. If money wasn’t an issue, I’d want to go there for my honeymoon someday!

41 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com April 29, 2010

theres always gotta be a micky d’s down the street.. lol even in the most beautiful of places hehe. lol poor doggy! so exhausted! <3

42 Laura April 29, 2010

Totally- theres even a KFC and Pizza Hut right by the Sphinx in Egypt ;(

43 Mary @ What's Cookin' with Mary April 29, 2010

Great shots !

44 Nicole, RD April 29, 2010

I miss Greece! There are SO many stray dogs, not shocking that you photographed and posted one!

45 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 29, 2010

Athens is just such a beautiful place! Even that dog is simply gorgeous :)

46 Tracy April 29, 2010

The dog has on a collar, so hopefully he’s not a stray. Yay! I was sad, too, until I noticed that!

47 Lisa April 29, 2010

Gorgeous. I wanna go.

48 Laura April 29, 2010

Yeeey! Greece! The Greeks tend to do the ‘old fashioned’ thing of letting their dogs run about free outside- so hopefully most of them aren’t strays, in case any one is worried. I was more concerned about how they treat their donkeys ;( I love going to Greece- I’m planning to go back again this year- I have quite a few Greek friends from uni. Where else did you go apart from Athens? My favourite time was when I went island hopping one summer- staying in places like Crete/Santorini/Naxos- great weather (coming from a Brit!!), great culture, history, sights and people. + if you ever go back that way, Turkey is amazing too- just definitely take Eric with you as your chaperone!!! Thank you for reminding me of an amazing time :)

49 Christine (The Raw Project) April 29, 2010

Amazing pictures!

50 jenn April 29, 2010

My kids and I have been studying Greece (we homeschool). I plan (hope) to take them there someday. Your pictures really really make me want to go!

51 Claire April 29, 2010

great idea! Greece is the one place in europe that I haven’t been to and still really want to! I am so jealous, looks amazing…also love the post idea!

52 Rachel April 29, 2010

Ahh…this is just too perfect. It just so happens that on this very day one year ago I was landing in Athens with my two very best friends for a month long adventure in Greece!! Honestly, changed my life. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the country, the people, the food, everything! It’s a must on anyone’s bucket list – without a doubt. Where else did you go?

53 Allison April 29, 2010

I actually just got back from Athens and it was so great to recognize things in your photos! Thanks for brightening my day!

54 Sophie April 30, 2010

Your photographs are beautiful (and so is Athens).

55 melissa_fl May 18, 2010

wonderful pics, absolutely mesmerizing! i cant wait to visit this summer. the online guide i ve been using is http://www.breathtakingathens.com and i have read about so many areas i want to visit and all the restaurants i want to eat at i just cant wait till its reality!